Speaker 1: In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. Welcome to this playoff edition of In Case you missed It with Christina Williams here on the iHeartRadio app Listen. The playoffs have started and they have not disappointed. And joining me to break it all down is a friend to the show and my friend in real life, my homegirl that I do not play about. Y'all, please welcome in my friend. WNBA analyst Tarika Fosser Rasby t what's good.
Speaker 2: That's good, Christina, Thank you so much for having me back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So look, let's just dive right into it. What do you like from these first round matchups so far?
Speaker 3: What are you seeing that you like?
Speaker 2: We got the best of both worlds. I think in the first round, the first game of the first round, we got to see a bit of dominance from New York in Connecticut, but we also got to see a very tight ending in Phoenix. So we got that competitiveness and then we got to see a great comeback because I was nervous about Vegas and they pulled the comeback for the win. To secure home court against Seattle. So I really think that Sunday gave us quite literally every aspect of basketball we could have asked for.
Speaker 1: I want to break down this New York Liberty Atlanta's dream game. I mean, in the last game of the regular season, people were kind of shaking their heads at the Liberty because they expected them to come out and win that game. I was able to attend the practice over the weekend and got a chance to talk to coach Sandy Brundello and some of the players, and you know, they said this was a learning moment for them in that last regular season game and that they were going to turn it up a notch. And that's exactly what they did over the weekend and that first against Atlanta.
Speaker 3: They came out and they were scoring for.
Speaker 1: The first seven minutes of that first quarter, like, came out punch. I've never seen a New York Liberty be that aggressive. What did you see from that game that you liked?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For one, I think that it was important for them to kind of really set that standard. Why because this is the team that everyone has favored, at least from a Vegas Odds perspective. This is the team that has been favored to win it all, just based on that stretch of the season where they looked almost unbeatable, right, And when you are someone a coming in with that kind of an expectation, b when people still are trying to figure out if you're truly ready to take it to the next level and get over that hump and win a championship. And see when you're in the season the way you ended it and you got Brianna Stewart to bringing in an es school John Quote Jones on your team, they're like, so it was important to kind of shut up the noisies and really come out. But I also think it was great for confidence, right, Like you needed today needed to be able to build their own confidence based on how the last game of the season kind of ended. So I was really excited to see them come out aggressive. I don't know if I thought they were going to come out that's aggressive. So I really just enjoyed from a totalities perspective, just what it looks like to be the mindset of the team. Stewie again just continues to show why she's one of the best players. Sabrina, My goodness, she struggled against the dream in the regular season, not so much Sunday seventeen points from her five assists. She showed up big and big moments in relation to her three point shooting, and you have argued for her improvement all season long. She is really showing us that she took this off season personally and she has really stepped up her game from every aspect, especially driving to the basket, being aggressive in the pain. I love to see that from Sabrina.
Speaker 1: How about Leoni Fhoevich, the rookie had twenty one point player game. Firstly, let me just tell the whole world that Leoni Phoebich isn't someone that just went overseas to Germany and picked up off the street.
Speaker 3: She knows how to win.
Speaker 1: She's won overseas, she has championships, She's been a pro since the age of fourteen. She's also a friend to the show. Make sure you go back and listen to that episode. But Leoni Phoebich was made for this moment. So for the whole world who's just starting to see Leoni Phoebuch, welcome to the show. Because she is a bucket. She is someone who is extremely athletic. Jonathan Cole did a great job when he went out in free agency and acquired, you know, talent from overseas just to help grow this team. That second unit, that second unit was crucial when we talk about Brianna Stewart this season versus last season, when you look at the postseason, she was already exhausted by this time last year. Yeah, and so having players like a Leone, like KT, like Kennedy Burke, like a Jaylen, Shira Marcuicia Davis, that bench is helping to alleviate some of those minutes in exhaustion for some of those starters.
Speaker 3: And they just turned it up a notch.
Speaker 1: Coach Tanisha Wright post game, she said that New York Liberty came out.
Speaker 3: And punched them in the mouth.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: That was the perfect phrase to describe what the Liberty did in Game one.
Speaker 2: They did and you beat me to it. Yeah, Leoni, the biggest surprise. Shout out to our friend Miles who has been preaching.
Speaker 1: The Leon be.
Speaker 2: True. True. You guys have both been on the Leoni phoebis train for a long time. But yeah, she was the biggest surprise yesterday. And by surprise, I don't mean by talent, because clearly the talent has always been there. She has been the person that has come off the bench the most to provide the most for New York. But to just really, in your first playoff matchup show up with four three pointers one points, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I want to just point out that coach Sandy Brundela really made a huge adjustment for this matchup and that was also the key to the New York Liberty winning forty Vanderslut came off the bench for the first time since twenty seventeen. Yep came off the bench, and she had a lot to say about it. Here's what she had to say post game.
Speaker 4: Leo had stepped in and been huge for us with you know, injuries and everything. So it was in the starting lineup wasn't new to her, and I think that you saw that right away. She's comfortable out there. Uh, she fits perfectly with that group. So you know, for me, it was my mentality and change. It was the same. You know, I just wanted to be able to be a spark off the bench. It's it's definitely new to me in terms of, yeah, it's gonna take me a second to adjust to this because it is different.
Speaker 2: You know, I just.
Speaker 4: Don't have that experience, you know, which is fine, It's going to take some time. But I was, you know, really happy for Leo and you know, I think it was a really great adjustment for.
Speaker 2: Us, and she was incredible tonight.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about Courtney van deerslut coming off the bench because this is a team right that last season people questioned their chemistry, do they get along? But this season you see that everyone's bought in. Everyone is wanting to win a championship and they will do whatever it takes to reach that goal. And for Courtney Vanderslout and coach Sandy Brundello, the post game kind of alluded to the conversation that they had about her coming off the bench. She was just like, Okay, let's do it. You know, I'm happy to be that spark. And it has been the biggest adjustment because we talked about the liberty having those slow starts and what needed to be changed, and I think that they've identified it and everyone's on the same page now and they're just out to win.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you know what, it reminds me of another starter who did something similar earlier this season, well actually just a few weeks ago, where Dewana Bonner did the same thing for Connecticut where she was willing to come off the bench and let Marina Mayby start. And what I see is when I see veterans who are willing to take a back seat, that lets me know that the commitment is to winning, the commitment is to the team, and at the end of the day, if that means that someone who's playing better or someone who needs to get their chemistry or build their chemistry needs an opportunity to do this, then as a vet, as a person who wants to win. And Courtney and Dowana, for the sake of this conversation, both previous champions, former champions, so they both understand what it means to win a championship and that sometimes me being very selfless and things that helped to make your team better. In this situation, Courtney Vanderslough again suffered some injuries and also having some personal issues this season. It wasn't new for Leo to be able to take in and start into that starting position and it has worked well for them in those moments. So it was very smart and very cognizant of Courtney to say, hey, if this is what we got to do to make sure that we can continue to win, then this is an adjustment that I'm I'm cool with.
Speaker 1: Making, absolutely, And you know, she emphasized how the media was making it more of a bigger deal than how she was taking it, which I agree. Like I was at the post Gamescrumb and there was just so many people our kid, you not. There was like ten questions about it, and She's just like, you guys are making a big deal about this.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I have to learn is how to adjust because when you're a starter, you're able to get warm, get hot right away. Yeah, and then versus when you're coming off the bench and you gotta be ready because everyone else is already hot, they're warmed up. And so she said that is the biggest adjustment for her, just figuring out, you know, how to match that energy with coming in with the second unit. But I agree with everything you said. And as you said, these veterans they know what it takes to win. They are committed to it, and that just shows how great of a player Courtney Vandersou is. There's no question in my mind that she is going to be a future Hall of Famer. And yesterday she broke a record for the most assist by a player in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: There was an assist to Stewie.
Speaker 1: What great a story than that, right to get an assist to Suey to break the record while Sue Bird was in the building. Because she broke the record, super Bird had the previous record, and Courtney Vandersloo broke the record.
Speaker 3: So lots of great storylines.
Speaker 1: But first of all, congrats to Courtney Vandersuit for breaking that record.
Speaker 3: I think that's so joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I congrats to her. I'm also glad that you said she'ture Hall of Famer. I got into an argument two years ago with my friend the China Robinson.
Speaker 3: I love you, La China, but China, but I said.
Speaker 2: It two years ago she was a future Halla Famer and Lachina was like really, so there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no doubt in my mind that Courtney vanders Suit is a future Hall of Fame. All right, moving right along, I want to talk about that number six fever versus the three son. Now you brought up your girl dB She was just on the show last week to Wanna Bonner. She was the primary defender on Caitlin Clark and she really shut her down. Now, I was one of those people at Caitlyn Clark fourth with my MVP voting, and she struggled in game one. I mean, this is the WNBA playoffs where the you know, people bring their a game, and she struggled against the Connecticut Son's defense on her. Melissa Thomas had a triple double, Marina Maybury twenty seven points and oh my goodness. Now, Tarika, you are a sideline reporter for the Connecticut Son, so break down what you see in this matchup.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say that you voting Caitlyn Clark fourth, I voted her fifth in the MVP voting. Yeah, has absolutely no bearing on the fact that she struggled against the Connecticut Sun. I say that because a lot of people struggle against the Connecticut Son because they are a clamp down, stout defense. It is the one thing that they do better than every other team and that is defend. So it is no shame in saying I had a bad game against Connecticut. They played that style of basketball. They play a physical style of basketball. And it really speaks to how as a team defense is something that they all pride themselves on. Because in the first two matchups, the reason that she struggled was because of Dja Carrington. In the fourth meeting, she had a little bit more success. Connecticut was able to allow a bit more range on the outside. Kelsey Mitchell, Lexi Hall, and Caitlyn Clark had a field day and they were able to walk away in the regular season with a win. But the playoffs is very different than a regular season. It's almost to the point where I say, you can kind of throw a regular season stuff out of the window. This Connecticut team is on a mission. They understand that they are not going to have a lot of time left together. They also understand that they are tired of being a bridesmaid and never a bride, and so similar to New York, their mission coming out into this matchup was to punch somebody in the mouth, was to make it very clear who they are. They have also heard all of the conversation about this Fever team is dangerous. This Fever team is a scary team. You don't want to see them in their building. You don't want to And they had point to prove, and I think that they did a great job improving that. Lastly, Dewana Bonner absolutely had something to prove. She had not played her best basketball over your last couple of weeks. She was uncharacteristically inefficient from the field. She wasn't able to provide an impact on the scoring charts. She just was kind of missing for the last couple of matchups. And yet she had some defensive moments, but for the most part, her three wasn't falling. She just wasn't being able to contribute in the way that she was accustomed to. So it was very important for her to get started early. This team has struggled with scoring offensively. They have been one of the lower end of the on the lower end of the ratings of the rankings. So the two things they want to focus on is a being aggressive early and two being able to put points on the board, like serious points on the board, not sixty, not seventy eighties nineties. To do that, they need Dewana Bonner to score. So I think they did a great job with like being able to combine those things in those goals and making a statement in the first game against Indiana.
Speaker 3: If you're the fever. How do you respond to that Game one?
Speaker 2: If you're at the fever, you want have to put Game one out of your mind, right. You go back and you look at film and you say, okay, we need to be more aggressive in the paint number one. Number two. We got to figure out a way to not let Marina Maybrey get the ball where she wants it and just shoot it how she wants it, because she's dangerous. She is one person who knows how to create her own shot from anywhere, and so you have to minimize how she's able to get the ball in different spots in order to minimize her effect of creating her own shot. Easier said than done, I know, but you've got to be able to do that too. If you're Caitlyn, you've got to shake it off, right. You know that your team plays well when you are facilitating more in shooting less. So going forward for seventeen isn't the biggest deal when you really think about what your strong suit is. Once you start to facilitate the ball the way that you had been doing for Kelsey, the way that you had been doing for Aliah Bouston, when you let Melissa work her game in the high low action. Letting it come to you is always better than trying to force it. And you could see instantly in yesterday's matchup they were trying to force it. So that's what I would do. Play your game, let it come to you. Don't try to outdo certain things that you know. You know, shooting the ball up is not going to help you win it against this team that is very cognizant of you on the court, Dish it out. They're gonna double Kaitlin. Dish it out right. That's that would be my advice.
Speaker 3: No, that's some great advice.
Speaker 1: And I know that you serve as the Connecticut Sun's sideline and porter, and I know ty Harris. There was a sort of injury during the game. Is there any updates on Tysha Harris.
Speaker 2: We have not been provided an update on whether or not she will or will not play in Wednesday's matchup. However, it did appear that she tweaked her ankle and when she left the game, she left the game in a walking boot. So we don't know as of yet, if it's just crossing, if she will be you know, if she is going to play. I'm pretty sure we will have an update, and I'm definitely gonna be following that story very closely outside of the fact that it's part of the job, but just because ty Harris has been so important as a guard. She worked really hard to be a starter this year, and she is one of their stronger defenders at the at the top of the key as well, so having her presence is important. But kudos to the trade working for Connection. Oh my god, like girl, they won that trade, okay, because Marina is not only giving them twenty seven points off the bench, but she has stepped up her game as a defender. Like Marina is defendant out there, and I bet when you got at you know, cussing you out every five minutes, right right, But they like, thank god for that because losing tie in that moment, you legitimately had someone who you can put in and who you knew. And Veronica Burton has also played incredibly will with this team. They have done a phenomenal job of bringing in players to this team that have truly been contributors in the best of ways. I could not have planned Veronica Burton and Marina Mayby being the kind of contributors that they have been.
Speaker 1: This year, and they played together in Dallas, and they already have that chemistry to automatically turn it on and do what needs to be done. All right, moving right along to number five Seattle Storm versus number four the l Las Vegas Aces. Now, one thing that surprised me about this game was that Seattle didn't score in the fourth quarter. But in addition to that, MVP Asia Wilson unanimous MVP was announced on the same day as the game one, and of course she showed out twenty one point eight rebounds in that game. They went off, the Aces went off, and we already said prior to the regular season ending that they started peaking at the right time. So what did you like about this matchup? I know I read a couple of your tweets. You gave Jordan Horsten some praise, So what did you like from that?
Speaker 2: I totally loved Jordan Horsted. I've been high on her since her rookie year, right like I've been high on her since Tennessee.
Speaker 1: I know, we met her mom, and then we met her mom at the draft.
Speaker 2: And as soon as I meet your mamma, that's what happened with Ricky. As soon as I meet your mom likest, they are the best. But no, I've been high on Jordan because I feel like she's with the right team at the right moment, in the right atmosphere. Nobody's going to give her the guidance that she needs. She's with players that are going to provide that guidance and you can see it right. Definitely someone who could have been in consideration for six Women of the Year of how she has been able to get be the uplift and in moments and yes, in Sad Sunday's matchup, she was the uplift. Skylar Diggins also, I believe, started off the game playing incredibly well, establishing her presence. This was a back and forth matchup, but for the first quarter, see I owned this game. They were literally getting out in transition. They were tough down in the paint. They were making it very difficult for Asia offensively to start the game. Mekka Agoumakay, she also was someone who was really establishing herself. I voted her in my MVP valley because she is efficient. She was shooting sixty percent plus you know, and had been for like the last five games. They took their foot off the gas and this is also a Las Vegas Aces team that doesn't take long to figure it out. Chelsea Gray didn't take long to figure it out. She's the point god for a reason. Right, you can only hold Asia down for so long, and you really ain't gonna hold her down that long on the day she gets her MVP trophy. So there's that. But I loved the back and forth. I don't know if you can say any more about Asia in her game than has already been said. And I think what's crazy about that is she was asked is there a nuts level? Like is there still something more? And her response was like sure, why not?
Speaker 3: She still got stuff in her back.
Speaker 1: I don't think people know this, but Asian Wolfson can actually dunk the ball, so she can if we see a transition dunk. I think I don't even know what I would do if I saw that. But there's some footage from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean I say that to say, how do you stop someone who has everything and it's still motivated for more? Like that is that is somebody on a mission. And you could see that towards the end of this game, holding holding Seattle to literally only two points in an entire quarter is masterful, and it really just speaks to the caliber of this Las Vegas team. As you said, Christina, the teams in the playoffs that do well aren't necessarily the ones that have the best record, but they are certainly the ones that play the right way and have the hot hand at the right time. That twenty twenty one Chicago Sky team will always be my example of that. So kudos to Las Vegas. But I will say, of all the teams that we saw on Sunday, I believe Seattle and Phoenix may be the two teams who could actually force a Game three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to your point, I mean, we look at that fourth quarter with the Aces in Seattle. Credits to the Las Vegas Aces defense, because that is something that Becky Hammond was hammering the entire season is we need to be better defensively, and they've just turned on that extra gear. All right, let's take a quick break. When we come back, we will hit the first round series with the Mercury and Links and discuss the incredible career of Diana Tarazi more with Terrifa Posseur Frisby. When we get back, now, Tea, that number two Links versus seven Mercury was such a tight game. There was just so many great moments. I mean, Natasha Clode was here in corner threes, Diana Tarazi went off for twenty one points, the Visa Collier finished with thirty eight point Like it was crazy. Everybody was getting buckets. What did you like from this linx Mercury matchup?
Speaker 2: Two things? Number one, Diana Tarazzi was like, we've been doing this, if this is it campaign, She's like, well, if this is it, I'm gonna remind y'all who why num before I go?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So that was number one? And then number two? Who keeps allowing Bridget Carlton to get the falling?
Speaker 1: But she did that against the New York Liberty, like she didn't those threes and I'm like, yo.
Speaker 2: Quite literally just last Tuesday did the exact same thing against Connecticut. This was all the way at the back, so they have the word mohegan in the floor. She was all the way at the gene so why it wasn't even a close shot like she was far.
Speaker 3: Bridget Carlton is a bucket.
Speaker 1: She is an Olympian on the Canada national team, but she has been lighting it up from three for the Links.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Bridget Carlton hit the biggest three. It was like thirty nine seconds left in that game, and and honestly they were up, but she certainly gave them the breathing room and hit the dagger for them. That really solidified this comeback for Phoenix. So to me, those were the two biggest things that stood out. It's just that they have players that really can show up in big moments. But Fee, what can't she do? Just adding her, adding pieces around her have only made her better. Courtney Williams playing with the Fista Collier has certainly made her better. And Courtney will even say playing she's a silent leader, a humble leader, but she does everything and she she want to play your best basketball. And at that time where Phoenix were making their comeback, they were really climbing back in. It was the chemistry between Courtney and the FISA where Courtney was allowed to kind of play her game, to hit that nasty mid range that she has and tom off the game. Oh my god, it's crazy, but like and she was feeding off the Fee in order to make those moments happen. It was. It was just brilliant and that is what's gonna make this Minnesota team dangerous. But Phoenix came out ready. They did not give up. Kullia Copper continues to show why she was an Olympian, why she is someone who you need to make sure that you respect on the court, and that chemistry with her and Diana Taarassi playing, I think is what will help to force a game three. I do believe that this series is going back to Phoenix.
Speaker 1: And to that point, I think people forget that, you know, when we look at the starters for Phoenix, Natasha Cloud, Kalia Copper, Diana Tarazzi, and Brittany Griner have all won at the highest level.
Speaker 3: They've all won WNBA.
Speaker 1: Championships before, so they have that experience when it comes to going deep in the playoffs. And like you said, they're gonna put their foot on the gas. Diana Tarazi, as you mentioned, if this is it, I'm going out with a bang, and so they're gonna put their best effort forward. So I'm looking forward to seeing, you know, the rest of this series between the links.
Speaker 2: And I will say this one thing before we get off of them, if they want to continue to move this needle and make sure that they get to a game three, they have got to defend better from the three point line. They allow way too many three point shots. And there are some shooters on Minnesota Fee can shoot, Kayler McBride can shoot. We talked about Courtney and you know clearly Bridget Carlton can shoot from anywhere on the court. So that is my one thing for Phoenix. You got to defend the three better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and to that point, the Minnesota Links are the top three point shooting team in the regular season. Also one of the top defensive teams as well. And you know, when you put that combination together, that is a winning team. In addition to the great mind of Cheryl Reeve and her coaching staff, who you know, have some Hall of famers and Katie Smith Rebeca Bronson, you know, so like this is a well oiled machine. You know, when a playoff time comes, they have all of the pieces on the court, off the court to make something shake in go. You know, the long distance to the goal of winning a championship. And you know, I'm just excited to see how deep this link seam stays. I'm not rooting for anyone, but I'm just saying I'm excited to see how deep they can go.
Speaker 2: You can say I'm not rooting for anyone publicly, but I mean secretively. I think we all know who I'm rooting for.
Speaker 3: I think I know Shoes T. I think I know too.
Speaker 1: All Right, before you get out of here, te, I just want to go over some breaking news. Three time WNBA champion Natasha Howard has announced that you will be leaving Dallas in free agency. So, in a statement online, she said, quote, I would like to thank the Dallas Wings for two great years. It's been a wonderful opportunity to play for this franchise and in front of our loyal fans. I've enjoyed playing alongside my teammates and wish them all the best. Free agency is upon us and I am focused on exploring every option. I look forward to this next chapter with a new team and a new city.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 1: So Natasha Howard basically said that Magic Johnson meme, I ain't going to be here like I gonna be here. She's looking forward to her next opportunity in free agency. She's like, I'm out. It's been a great two seasons, but I'm out now. I think that Natasha Howard Obviously, she has the experience to help any team win. But when we look at twenty twenty five, you have the Golden State Valkyries that are coming in. But also I think that Natasha Howard is a player that can do very well on a team like the Indiana Fever. She can do very well on a team like the Asis with Asia Wilson in acquiring a big who can stretch the floor. What are your thoughts on Natasha Howard leaving the Dallas Wings and free agency and where do you think the three time champion should go.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that you say that because part of me feels that one of these bigs in Indiana not gonna be there. I don't know which one, but it feels like one of those bigs might be making a move, and just you know, we can't say yet because there's still plan So I could absolutely see Natasha Howard being a force in Indiana, but I think I would really love to see her in Golden State. I mean, there are a few players who I think maybe trying to make a move to a new team, and since we don't know what this expansion draft could possibly look like or who may or may not end up being cored at the end of the season. I think it's going to be important to keep that option open that we could see a whole new threat and a whole new instant powerhouse in Golden State. But I think Indiana would be a good move for her. A part of me wants to see her in a Washington uniform, but I also know, you know the way that Aleah Edwards has been maturing this season and how she really came into her own. We're really not talking enough about the rookie campaign that she had, and Shakira Austin is already kind of holding it down, but she had been battling some injuries her first couple of years, right, So it would it be a bad idea to have someone like a Natasha Howard that can come in provide that veteran presence something that they definitely could utilize. In Washington might be an interesting move, but I feel like she would also want to go to a contender, right and I and although Washington battled for that AF seed, not quite sure that I considered them a contender just yet. So those would probably be my three. Indiana, Washington or just go to Golden State and make something new happen.
Speaker 1: So you don't agree with my sentiment that she would be a good fit for the Aces and have Asia playing the four.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would see that just because the Aces ain't got no money.
Speaker 3: Now, they to us she wants a bag. Yeah, they say, figure.
Speaker 2: It out somehow some way. Ain't never trying to get somebody pay. I ain't mad at it. I'm just saying it is what it is, right, So they figure it out. But they ain't got no money.
Speaker 1: But Natasha, all right, tee, all right, gee, thank you so much for being here this week on In Case you missed It with Christina Williams on the iHeartRadio app. It's been always a pleasure to talk coops with you girl anytime.
Speaker 2: I'm always here, love it.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up, we have the things I loved this week. Welcome back to In Case you missed It with Christina Williams, and it's time for the things that I love this week, and so let's get right into it. The thing that I loved this week was the New York Liberty collaboration with Off White. Off White and the New York Liberty collaborated to create these custom varsity jackets, and let me tell you, when you see it in person, it is such a drip. Okay, So let's break down the deal. The New York Liberty and off White teamed up for a multi year deal and then off White is going to serve as the official style and couacial curator for the New York Liberty. And this is the first brand partnership that off White has done with a.
Speaker 3: US sports team.
Speaker 1: So I'm all for, you know, the WNBA and women athletes and women's sports teams making history. But this was one of my favorite collaborations because one, I love me a good varsity jacket, but just the design and the sparkles and everything, I was just like, I love this. I was able to go to the New York Liberty game on Sunday for Game one, and all of the players and Ellie the mascot, they came to the game with these jackets and they had a chance.
Speaker 3: Weird in their own individual way.
Speaker 1: So it was great to see how they dressed it up or dressed it down. New York Liberty owner Clara Wusie, she came to the game with the jacket on the musician her If.
Speaker 3: You listen to R and B music.
Speaker 1: She had a jacket on, so everyone had jackets on, and I think that it's just so great to see them set the tone when it comes to these high fashion beauty and partnerships and things like that and just exploring new options to find, you know, new entry points to engage fans with the WNBA.
Speaker 3: So that was the thing that I love. This week.
Speaker 1: I also had a chance to speak to Brianna Stewart about these Off White jackets and here's what she had to say about this new partnership with the New York Liberty and Off White need.
Speaker 4: The collab with the Off White and the Liberty, I think is something that's really exciting to just bring like high fashion to what we're doing here.
Speaker 2: Shanea talked about it a lot, you know, where we have a lot of similarities and what we're trying to do.
Speaker 3: And that jacket is fired, so you see you were assumer.
Speaker 1: So it just seems like, you know, this is a partnership that the players love as well, and that the team is just really listening to, you know, their players and their interest. So we love when a good collaboration come together, and that's gonna do it for this episode of In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams. Please don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast. Coming up next time, more WNBA playoff coverage, and we're gonna have a special episode featuring UCLA women's basketball, So stay tuned and locked in for more in case you missed it here on the iHeartRadio app. In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.