Speaker 1: No thanks, I'll buy my own lotion. It's one more Thing. I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 2: One more Thing an odd.
Speaker 1: Tale to tell before the end of the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 2: But first, I can't believe we didn't get to this. There was so much great stuff on the radio show today. We just we left out a lot of really really worthy material, including this.
Speaker 1: We used to say all the time, a six pounds show and a five pound bag, that's what we are.
Speaker 2: Well we had like eight and a half pounds today. But Jon Stewart the other day, talking about the Hunter Biden Pardon, had all sorts of great comedic riffs. He was as cynical as you ought to be about this. But one of my favorite aspects of it is he featured Jamie Raskin. Was he treated for.
Speaker 1: Cancer or something at one point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because he was wearing a bandana over his head a lot. He's evidently doing better now and he's got his hair back. But he is a very eloquent, utterly dishonest, hardcore or partisan on the left. But he's very very bright, there's no doubting that. And John Stewart, I think he sets this up pretty well. But he's talking about Jamie Raskin.
Speaker 1: This is what Biden's decision has done.
Speaker 3: Look how confident and eloquent our Democratic representatives were back when they thought they had the moral high ground on this issue.
Speaker 4: I've not heard a single Democrat anywhere in the country cry fraud, cry fixed, cry rigged, a cry kangaroo court. You don't hear a single peep out of any Democrats saying that.
Speaker 1: Why we believe in the rule of law.
Speaker 3: And now look at what even he one of the most verbally dexterous attorneys we have on Capitol Hill, has been reduced to.
Speaker 5: Do you think President Biden should pardon Hunter? Biden, So there are lots of claims of political prosecution. Was Hunter politically well, I mean, obviously that's a judicial point, and then you've got to look at what the evidence is and I don't know enough. I mean again, that is a unilateral executive power, you know power that.
Speaker 1: Uh and should he use it?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the power exists for the president to show mercy for people.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean we have an executive and we have a judicial and then a legislative and.
Speaker 2: Then smoke bomb of me. That was that was that girl on CNN yeah, whoever she is was that? But what's her face? I can't remember her name because it doesn't matter. She'll be unemployed next week. But uh to her credits. I wish more interviewers would do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should he use it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No? But could he? Should he just hold him to make him answer the damn question?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That was great?
Speaker 1: He yelled, smoke mom and jumps under his desk. That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I found this funny yesterday. I'll see what you think of it. So I live in a town where they do this sort of thing regularly. It we're kind of a communist town, and you know, there's a tiny bit of truth to the whole Tim Walls boy, I almost couldn't come up with the name when he said one man's socialism is another man's neighbor Leinists or whatever, And there's a tiny bit of truth to that. But in my town, it's pretty common to like put out a giant bucket of books and say, you know, take one, leave one or whatever. Just that kind of stuff is all over the place, dog food or or bags for picking up dog poop or just things like that. And then the idea is that we'll all share together because we're all working together. But this is the funniest one.
Speaker 2: Just don't enforce it at the government's gunpoint place.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, No, I'm fine with it. In fact, I think it's really nice. But somebody had put out a box full of just like crap they had and a sign that said free, and it was in the lawn as we're walking to the gym, and I stopped and took a picture of it. Now, I was looking over the stuff because I it's funny the way human beings are built. I like, couldn't help myself but look through to see if there's anything I need there. Even though I can go out and buy any of these things if I wanted to, it's just it's a human nature thing. I guess. Like there was a can of break fluid, like a half a can of break fluid, okay, ah, you never know. Mineral oil, which is also for your break lines, okay, a can of for breeze okay, one of.
Speaker 2: Those just set the.
Speaker 1: Stuff you spray around your house to make all of that, okay, Okay, I can see. Here's a some canned goods, like some uh canned raspberries and canned beans of some sort.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's three m I could whip up Grandma's old cranberries and beans recipe.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, you don't know how old this stuff is. I mean, could you look at the dat or what it's been doing in terms of heat and cold? This is in your garage for five summers, or.
Speaker 2: It's a little bulgy, But what the heck? How bad could it be?
Speaker 1: Three cans of A and W root beer pretty dented and dirty. You'd definitely want to wash these off before you open them up. I mean that you're talking about thirty cents worth of material here. But you know, again, as.
Speaker 2: Sins go, this is very, very minor. But if I have three cans of Sodi pop, I don't want how instead of just pouring them down the sink and putting the cans in the recycling, do you decide? You know what I'll do. I'll put these out front in case there's somebody thirsty for dent toit. A and W and otherwise can't. I don't. I would never have that impulse.
Speaker 6: They probably figured some homeless person was gonna come by and just swipe the whole box and get rid of their crap.
Speaker 1: Is what I'm thinking. Yeah, this is not a neighborhood where a homeless person's gonna come by, So maybe I don't know. Uh, A container, half used container of tumbs?
Speaker 2: What he feels better? Okay, he wants to share with his fellow human being. Maybe you drink the ANW rope beer too fast? O my stomach?
Speaker 6: Don't you keep the thumbs around just in case though, like you're going, I mean, you're gonna get a stomach ache again.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want to stick my fingers into a container of tumbs that who knows who has had their hands in before? I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe the raspberries and beans aren't sitting well, I don't know right, was it raspberries or cranberries? Raspberry, raspberries and beans?
Speaker 1: Maybe the A ANDW root beer had gotten one hundred and ten degrees than twenty nine degrees? Too many seasons in a row, and I need the tumbs.
Speaker 2: It's a little congealed.
Speaker 1: A deck of playing cards, which I almost grabbed. I thought, what am I? Where am I in my life that I'm doing this?
Speaker 2: What was the theme was it? Was it like a souvenirs or was it just like your classic.
Speaker 1: Just like your regular playing cards, which is what got my attention. An empty glasses case. Anybody who wears glasses or some glasses at all, has like a million of these laying around.
Speaker 2: How many would you like? Write us a mail bag and arm between the whole team. I'm sure there's quit amphew Lee's. We could open them a store.
Speaker 1: But there's like a whole bunch of theirs for Breeze, there's Lysol. I mean, I don't know what they're doing in their house, but there's like five different brands of spraying around to try to make your house not smell so bad. I don't know what their deal is. Maybe the raspberries give you the winds. Yeah, I was thinking, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But finally they took a half a roll of tombs and felt a lot better and thought, we don't need all this deodorizer anymore apparently.
Speaker 1: But though, for whatever reason, the one that grossed me and my son out the most was this a third bottle of lotion.
Speaker 6: Ah Okay, We're both like, oh my god, the case miss item Okay, P Diddy, I just I don't want.
Speaker 1: Somebody else's two thirds used bottle of lotion. I don't know why I find that so gross, But it's just something weirdly off putting about that to me.
Speaker 2: Did this person's bean eaten root beer drinking upset stomach to smelling dry skinned? Room card enthusiast obviously did they? Did they move out or what they? You know, this lotion, I don't use this.
Speaker 1: They only took their glasses. Hilarious. Well, when I'm playing cards and eating raspberries, I get the exuma, so you know how it is.
Speaker 2: It's just around my skin, dry is out.
Speaker 1: Cause me to flatulate, in which case I need all the f breeze all I saw or four other kinds of products I'd barely ever heard of. Wow, I just thought that was a fun assortment of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, random, And yet oh it's a person who does their own breaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah exactly. I hadn't even zoomed in on this one. Can Progresso New England clam chowder. Now that's something you want to know where that can's been before you open that up.
Speaker 2: Anything with seafood in it. I check the Best by day just you know, I'm not paranoid, but the idea that yeah, yeah, the seafood's been in your garage for three years or whatever. Yeah, or just you left it in your car for an afternoon and it heat it up to a No. No, I'm gonna need those tombs. Glad I grabbed them.
Speaker 1: And this is not uh, I don't want to sound like a certain sort of person. It's just because of real estate in California, everything like that, what everything costs. This is in the yard of a house that probably costs one point four million dollars.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Sure somebody else's old lotion.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I don't know that I've ever thought about that bothering me before, but that really grosses me out.
Speaker 2: Well well, well, yeah, I mean the potential for horror is a tad high. I mean, you're you're rubbing it on your skin, But now tell me.
Speaker 1: That your shade depending on the sort of person you are.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a that's a silence of the Lamb.
Speaker 1: Texas chainsaw massacre. Yeah, exactly, with the weird old clam chowder and dexa card.
Speaker 2: Was it the sort of lotion you would like I have to shake out and your hand or was it a pump?
Speaker 1: It was the tube like you would squeeze it out on your hand. Oh, and it would have some remnants around the top of whoever used it before.
Speaker 2: I don't remnants, please. You know, I'm picturing this person, maybe as a carnie, and they used to know they used to break the break fluid to you know, oil up the tilta whirl or something.
Speaker 1: Pieced it together. Colombo, Well, I guess that's it. That was funny. Get card playing.