Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: What's up this das diling Gin Corrupt, young Gouty in the building and we live.
Speaker 1: Right here on the bootleb Kid podcast show right here, y'all check us out right here DPG.
Speaker 3: All right man, bootlet cap show. We got some living legends here today, ladies and gentlemen. I'm just happy that they're back together. There's a new Dog Pound album we all we got on the way Dadsn't Corrupt aka DPG in the building Welcome, what's up boot.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello in the building Maine. It's a lovely time, very special time. Yes it is.
Speaker 3: Why was the timing right right now? Because obviously each of you guys have been doing your thing independently. Obviously, you guys, it's not like you gotta stop working together. But why was it like this? Why are we getting an officially stamped album and right now?
Speaker 1: Cause Snoop shit, So, I mean, you know, it's a lot of things that was going on, like deaf and family, you know, and Snoop cousins. You know, his brother died, my little cousin Bean, so you know, decided, you know, put everything in the past, keep pushing.
Speaker 4: Keep it pushing.
Speaker 1: Come out with this new album. You know what I'm saying on Death Row Death Rods all these years later with all of the complicated your guys individual complicated histories with that name.
Speaker 3: How crazy is it to fast forward and like obviously Snoop owns it now, which is wild to think about.
Speaker 4: You know, Like you go to.
Speaker 3: Like the there's hard selters that say death throw on them, there's damn blunt raps, there's he's putting death throw on everything right now?
Speaker 4: How crazy is that for y'all?
Speaker 3: Like to just get get like, you know, fast forward thirty some odd years, however long it's been, and now you know you're putting another album out on the imprint, but it's owned by Snoop.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful, just keep it pushing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's lovely, it's lovely. You know, it's always great to come back home. Yeah, you're always gonna come back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this time you know we did it right, but we're gonna do the.
Speaker 4: Right Yeah, Tighten, I couldn't have said it better with a light of random question for you, dask.
Speaker 3: I don't know the update now, but I feel like there's a lack of your music. Is this so so Deaf album not on DSPs? Was it not on there for a while? I feel like there was some something something of your ship. There's something missing that I was looking.
Speaker 1: A retaliation, revenge and get back. That's on Death Row Records.
Speaker 3: But that's not on DSPs. That's not okay, That's what it was. Me and Salas, my boy Salace, were talking about. We're talking about one you albums, like, yeah, I can't even.
Speaker 4: Listen to that.
Speaker 5: I gotta go on YouTube about the beat.
Speaker 1: Good you had to work it out.
Speaker 4: It's gonna get re uploaded. Business man.
Speaker 3: It was a rough couple of years when Snoop took dog Estyle off of DSPs. I was like, I don't have no fucking crypto, I don't got no NFT, I don't listen to this ship no more.
Speaker 4: And bad. I'm glad I got put back up.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, for you know, it's all about restructuring the music, you know what I'm saying, getting the business, making sure. You know, back then wasn't playing. I mean, he wasn't paying ruties like that. You didn't have a royalty department. He was just pre calculated.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is what I owe you, Like this is what I feel like I owe you.
Speaker 4: He gave you like fifty thousand a month, right, I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: Shit like that. You know what I'm saying, I'll depending you know what you're doing all this type of shit seventy five thousand a month.
Speaker 3: You see, we have a very proud West Coast moment currently happening. I think Kendrick Lamar wash Drake's draws. You know what I'm saying. I think he destroyed him. But I want to know what y'all tho, Pauls. What do y'all think about? In my opinion, this is probably, you know, top three hip hop beef of all time, if not number one, in terms of just the stature of everybody involved and the amount of music we got back and forth in such a short amount of time. What do y'all think about everything that's been going on in the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, they got something to prove to themself, you know what, you know.
Speaker 4: The Drake and Drake and Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been making this record. Every day. You drop one, he drives one. Five hours later, he drive one, he drive one two hours.
Speaker 4: Have you have you not heard any of the songs.
Speaker 1: Listen. You don't listen to beef and.
Speaker 4: They not like us.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, listen, this is an This is an anthem in l A right now. It is a It is a moment in like. It is crazy interesting, you know because drakes.
Speaker 1: Going back and forth talking about their mama, they daddy, they grandma, all kind of ship. Nobody kill.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, somebody got drake. What's the next question?
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta listen before you leave. We have to go to the studio and listen. I need to just hear you hear this ship because it's some good hip hop ship. Oh great, Yo, So you guys are talking about this new album is obviously coming out real soon. Lots of dope features on this album. The new single with Snoop is crazy. Uh rock shout out to Rick rock Man. How much of the production did you handle on this? Dask because for people who don't who aren't hit man, you're one of the most prolific producers to do it as well.
Speaker 1: I ain't producing nothing on this album yet.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, you know it makes me.
Speaker 1: I just kicked back in the driver. See you know what I mean in the passage, just see in that Snoop do the drive.
Speaker 3: So Snoop kind of is A and R and the music and then you guys can kind of go through.
Speaker 1: The beat the next album. It's all me and super.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: That's what I like to hear. It's funny because I always tell people like somehow like like when the Dre breakup happened, like you kept the Death Throw sound like alive for like the dog Father album and like just so much food dog like the Tupac ship. Like I don't think people understand like the ship you were putting, like did you.
Speaker 1: We didn't even know what we was really doing. We were just making good music, you know, waking up in the morning, happy to be alive. You know what I'm saying, and do what we doing. You know, you never know what you're making into the greatness come out of right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How I was gonna say, how active are you still when it comes to just like you know what, I ain't got nothing to do today, I'm gonna cook up some beats, like are you still producing?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, for sure, you know what I'm saying. Just when I'm not with the kids or when I'm handling businesses, you know, I'm getting the crank up the drummer scene. I go old school and then I go to new school with the technology and all that other stuff. But I'm still producing.
Speaker 4: What are you producing on you?
Speaker 1: No reasons logic able to so.
Speaker 4: You you've updated the repertoire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got kids, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll be like that, you gotta do this. I met your son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they like, you know, fruity loops is all. You know, they got some ship where you could just hum the beat. Hey, y'all.
Speaker 3: For you guys, what was it like just like creating this project and being back in the studio together, like going verse for verse and sharing ideas and all of that.
Speaker 4: What was that like?
Speaker 5: Incredible? You know, it was fun. Fun again.
Speaker 4: That's what we have and we having fun again, you know.
Speaker 2: It's That's one of the things that Dog alleviated was the pressure and all of the thinking too much. It's just like, get in here. That's why he didn't want Daz to produce on this project. He wanted him to be a star. He wanted him to enjoy being Daz Dealinger that Nigga das Dolinger the star, enjoy the MC side of things. The rap side of things. You're a star. Now the next one, we're gonna elevate your production, you and super Fly and then we're gonna go there. You can do both on the next one. But this one, though, her dog wanted Das more or less to concentrate on the artistry of him being an artist, said let me just run all the rest of the ship. So you know, I'm proud of Denmark because he never takes a backseat to production. But he was like, uh okay, I'm all in. So he wrote it out, which is a lot, you know, putting your pride aside.
Speaker 4: Is a lot. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Just rocked the mic, you know, And that's what Dad did. He rocked the mic and he sounds better than ever, so you know what I'm saying, you know, And it also gives all of us something to look forward to when we go to the original formula of dog food, when Dads and Superfly get behind the production, because that is the formula to dog food and when that happens, game over.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's you know what's so interesting about like, you know West Coast hip hop is I feel like there's this kid named DESI Hollow have you guys heard of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my guy. He's fire. Yeah, you guys did a song together. Yeah. And I.
Speaker 3: Told him, I think we're too old for pauses at this table. We're all fucking pushing.
Speaker 4: No, I was gonna say though. I told him.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I'm just happy that like somebody took it upon themselves to be like yo, like classic West Coast music, Like we can still make that ship.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like we can still make this.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying like it was dope as bad. I'm saying that we can still make that.
Speaker 3: You can still make it as like a young artist and it'd be palatable and in the marketplace will enjoy.
Speaker 4: It's a good point. I get it now. It's a good answer, good answer.
Speaker 3: And so you know, I think for you guys specifically, like when you guys hear some of the new LA stuff, because I think like LA is also in a really good position right now with a lot of the younger stuff. But the sound has changed obviously, sonically, things are a lot.
Speaker 4: Of different all to get back to that green.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying, Like I feel like I feel like, you know, if I'm gonna press play on a dog Pound album. I want it to sound like a dog Pound album, you know what I mean. That's why I like the new record the New Record Room. I was like, Oh, it's some dog pound shit like that.
Speaker 1: Snoop, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But there is also an upgrade, you know what I'm saying. Everything and just uh see, that's the problem when you start focusing on this is all I know from them, and this is all I want. I mean, come on, cud, we in our fifties, my nigga, when the fun makes you think we're gonna be still talking about ship we were talking about on dog Food. Type of music we was making on dog for del Mar is upgraded. So when you hear some new dazz and superfly shit, that shit's gonna be upgraded. This ship the Dog got us on right now. It ain't about anything else but the rebirth and connection and the growth and showing people our growth as a whole entire squad DPG, Dad, Snoop, rb X, Rage and all of us together still going and speaking of yeah and speaking of a new generation. Even the baby came out and blessed us with some love that's fire.
Speaker 4: How that happens? Snoop, you call them right, that's crazy. You know what I'm saying. You know, the baby showed his love for the champ and for the DPG.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. So you know, this is a love album, love and growth.
Speaker 2: This is all about the growth of us as as people human beings. Man first, then we'll get into this motherfucking West Coast gangster ship with Dad and super Flower on the.
Speaker 4: Production stand meat for yo.
Speaker 3: How often do you guys go back and like listen to old catalog? I was always wonder that, Like when you guys have classics, like y'all got even like on the solo side, or going back and listening to dog Food or listening to some of the old schools, Like do you guys like go back and like revisit your old ship?
Speaker 4: Often?
Speaker 1: We do that all the time because we perform those songs, right, we perform those songs. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So each market it's a different song, but we go back and listen to it all the time, you know what I'm saying. Just to revamp and put it in Soerado, take the vocals out, put on stage Technology ship.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's great, especially the Serrato ship where you can take the vocals out.
Speaker 4: Every song has an instrumental.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going I'm gonna give me some Luther taking all the vocals out of sample anything now, the baseline and everything.
Speaker 4: Now that STEM ship on Serado is a game changer for producers.
Speaker 1: And no, for sure, that's DJ DJ Young Jedi. You know what I'm saying. I stole every turntable with mix I had from the v P. What's up, Calvin?
Speaker 2: How my name was DJ Yoda?
Speaker 4: That was your your DJ Yoga and he's DJ Yoda, Nigga Yoga yet together, Nigga, I'm the one. I totally missed the Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yoda, Nigga, DJ Yoda, J Young Jedi.
Speaker 5: Young Jedi.
Speaker 2: I'm Yoda, and I would DJ carryoke karaoke records like I just DJ and everybody do karaoke, So instead of it being there where they just play the record, you read the screen, but I'm the DJ, and I might change the record on you.
Speaker 3: So it's almost like a schizophrenic karaoke because you don't know.
Speaker 4: You might be in the middle of doing a verse and then you drop some other ship and then this.
Speaker 2: Is called a paranoia. Paranoid coming next, what's I go for? A motherfucking ain't no fun into Colin Minogue? La on these niggas corrupt game, I would always be la la, la la la, Come.
Speaker 4: On, now get it.
Speaker 3: That's oh my goodness, yo. I wonder if you guys had your your time when you guys are apart and at that time, you guys are each dropping amazing solo projects. One of my favorite West Coast Adams of all time and streets is a mother. I told you that last time, the man calling out names, Shout to your brother Roscoe body that ship.
Speaker 1: Too, Thank you super class because we got that classes.
Speaker 4: I want to say, well, you guys had the walk home that.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, wasn't that on corruption? Yes, walks on corruption. So that's two records the streets a mother.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you what it was right. That's corruption, because that's right. It was right with us.
Speaker 2: No with us, is fred reck he talking about sea Walk.
Speaker 1: Boom Street.
Speaker 4: No, it's not corruption.
Speaker 5: You got two on corruption.
Speaker 2: You got sea walk and you got fresh sea walk, homie, because that's that's on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: I feel like Ride with Us was like a classic DPG song though for sure.
Speaker 1: Like that's that's when we first met fred Ye.
Speaker 4: Who's still around doing his ding right.
Speaker 5: Dads brought fred rec today. We had a c D. What was it?
Speaker 1: Del Mark gave me a CD and I just went through there and said, you know, we're gonna get this when we're gonna get represented.
Speaker 4: That's what we did was represent that GC wasn't it or wasn't with us.
Speaker 1: Who led us and represented what came in and we all did the game.
Speaker 4: It was a rap Yo.
Speaker 3: You guys did the Caliar's Active music video, which I feel like is like one of the most like amazing like moments in this West Coast. You had dilated peoples in that motherfucker like you had the underground backpack dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody everybody that was heavy. That was heavy. Jeh.
Speaker 3: It reminded me of like do you remember back in the day there was that double Excel cover where all of everybody was in Harlem and they took that picture.
Speaker 4: It was like all the hip hop was Yeah, that's the first part.
Speaker 2: That was the first time I ever met rock Kim was photo shoot on the stoops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for people who don't know there's a well throw it up on the screen. But there's like an XXL cover where they try to pretty much bring all of hip hop together for a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, New York, we know, we had one in the West Coast too, though, remember the one in one of the West Coast too, where everybody got all.
Speaker 1: Them the back of that picture. You see Doctor Dre, you see m c A, you see j J. Fair, you know Rodney you Joe Cooley.
Speaker 3: But I was gonna say, like, uh, seeing like Callie super United in that video was so crazy, Like what was it like pulling everybody together for that visual?
Speaker 1: It was easy. It's just a phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing to me because Ice Cube don't ever come out, Okay, cause so to get ice Cube out, because this must be special, you know what I'm saying. Ice I mean, he's a busy guy to take the time out to be here. It just shows you the power of Uh, I'm gonna be honest, It shows the power of the dog.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Snook called that shot yeah and and and gotten every He sent the shot out to everybody and he said the cold up and showed out. You know what I'm saying and in support of me and DADZ And that was special cause like what's this four old this for the dog Pound? Dazz and corrupt? Oh hell yeah, we're there and they all came out Uncle quick uh.
Speaker 4: C m C eight.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of people that was there that back you know, they was about to love you know nowadays, Back in those days was the love.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got people at issue us as friends now you know what I'm saying, and they all.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: I mean if you said that like ninety seven, people.
Speaker 2: Think, oh man, yeah, I would yeah, because like, well, who's going to beat it?
Speaker 4: Who's going to beat it? Oh? I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's it's I feel like we need another l a moment like that right now. It might be might be this Kendrick record.
Speaker 4: It's got people what's the record about? It's about Drake, but it's got what everybody from the West beyond that. I wish I got to show you video.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, like people are playing this in the club and you would think, like.
Speaker 4: How did how did Drake get Kendrick upset like that? Kendrick is such a peaceful guy. It takes a lot to get Kendrick upset.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is the most united the West Coast has ever been. Buzzy tripping, bro, It's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: What's he talking about?
Speaker 4: That a few in the West Coast is united? It's crazy, It's it's.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's going against you know, I'm such an old ass.
Speaker 4: Did you hear Daz.
Speaker 1: Jumping off from the beginning, because you know, I messed with Rodney yo, right, the original this came from when Kendrick took that right in to your beat with.
Speaker 4: He when you hear a beat like that, Big three crazy, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what I'm saying. So you know because Jake Cole said, it's the Big Three me, Kendrick Lamar d said, and j Cole, what record is that?
Speaker 4: It's called like that?
Speaker 1: It was on Drake and j Cole had a song.
Speaker 3: It was called First Person Shooter, and then Drake and then Kendrick said on this Metro Wooman song, motherfuck the Big Three, it's just big Me.
Speaker 1: And they just took that line. Nigga went crazy and everybody just started going and then Ja Cole came out distant this Kenjick Lamar and then got on stage and apologized.
Speaker 4: Kendrick, so he said he was sorry. Though two days later, Oh my god, this is what battle is nowadays? How about this? How about this? Wait? I gotta, I got, I got I do.
Speaker 3: Gotta tell you because this is directly related to you, guys, quite literally for yourself to ask you know this. Drake puts out this freestyle with artificial intelligence verses from Tupac and Snoop.
Speaker 5: You mean Drake put out a song?
Speaker 4: No, he put yeah exactly, he wasn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, So he puts out this song disin Kendrick, but he's using Tupac's voice and Snoop's voice. So he wrote verses and he rapped him, but he put them through artificial intelligence. So it sounds like what is he talking about? It sounds like Tupac and Snoop are rapping at.
Speaker 1: Lamar and he this first in the second verse. He used Tupac on the first, Snoop on the second, and then he rapped the third, but he got snooping Tupac dis.
Speaker 5: Kentry, Tupac's gone girls.
Speaker 1: Artificial intelligence and how they took his voice and put in, took drake voice off and put that voice on.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's legal, but ship tupa and people hit him and told them take that ship down.
Speaker 4: Welcome to we've.
Speaker 1: Got on that ship. What I'm going back to bed?
Speaker 4: Heard this ship?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so look hold on ca. So this is big news.
Speaker 4: It's big damn god. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: But like I said before, ain't nobody got killed it. That's what makes the difference.
Speaker 4: So this is the song that's got all of l A just going crazy. I see, damn people.
Speaker 1: My curtains that musta did to do. They must have the.
Speaker 6: Niggas free man, Damn the lamps tell him peace broken the CRUs you walk around like tea.
Speaker 1: So what's I'm gonna beat your pony?
Speaker 4: Yes, niggas trying to seek Compton. The industry can hate me. Fucking Marling, do you mama?
Speaker 6: How many options here he got?
Speaker 1: How many? It's too many options.
Speaker 6: I'm fin the pass on this body.
Speaker 4: I'm John stocked in there, beat your ass.
Speaker 1: And how to buy.
Speaker 4: The boy's got to watch and sometimes you gotta pop out and show.
Speaker 6: Niggas say that for Buckey man, I'm the one that up to score with him walking down the whole time.
Speaker 1: I know he got some hal in him.
Speaker 4: Hold on him, stort ship and what he does flow on him. Say Drake, I hear you like I'm young.
Speaker 1: You better not have her go to sell.
Speaker 6: Black one and he he been to talk to him and there in love.
Speaker 4: Just make sure you have your little sister from him.
Speaker 6: They tell me Chelles the only one they get your henmy downs and party at.
Speaker 1: The party, playing with his nose now and Baka got a weird case.
Speaker 4: Why is he around?
Speaker 6: Certy five love boys cert the five.
Speaker 1: Pedophiles to fuck him up. I'm gonna do much stuff. Why you trying to like a bitch?
Speaker 4: Ain't you tired?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna strike a cord And it's probably a minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: They not like us.
Speaker 1: They not like.
Speaker 4: So that's one of five songs that they've They've.
Speaker 1: Dropped the whole album in a week.
Speaker 4: It's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Back and forth. Rick Ross and them in it too. Everybody just dropping Rick Drake. This about five niggas.
Speaker 5: What's the problem, you know?
Speaker 4: I think it's a it's competition. They've had this, They've had this silent war.
Speaker 3: Kendrick and Drake have had a silent war going for like eight or nine years of subs and finally Drake or Kendrick pretty much hit hit him with a direct shot on on the song. We were talking about that like that, like that record Mama Kid.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, Kendrick, come on talking about the nigga daddy bead.
Speaker 4: Oh it's just you know, it's good for hip hop. It's got people rapping again.
Speaker 1: But now they just said somebody got shut his buddy Drake.
Speaker 4: But I don't think any I don't think, to be fair, I don't think that has anything to go on.
Speaker 1: I mean shit, you never know, you never know. I don't speculate ship.
Speaker 4: The action is action in Toronto.
Speaker 1: In front of his house.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody got connections in Toronto?
Speaker 3: You know, fans as a motherfucker boy, if he's I if there's some West Coast hip hop fans that are that passionate in Toronto.
Speaker 4: But you can drive right up to people, you can drive get into Canada with the guns.
Speaker 1: This is what this is.
Speaker 4: This is why this is not healthy, my nigga.
Speaker 2: Anything could happen Drake and falling and breaking, Oh becuz did that? You know that's what you get for fucking with Kendrick Man. Cut this ship off. If y'all ain't ready to fight, stop it. I think he's just going to stop it. The lyricists, knock it off cuz you ain't ready to fight, my nigga, stop it. Just battle, you know, like the other battle is murder. This ain't funny to me, my nigga. When I went to Ward, my nigga, I wanted to fight.
Speaker 4: It was real. When tupacin Biggie was into it was real.
Speaker 2: This this ship ain't real cause now motherfucking Drake bodyguard gets shot.
Speaker 5: No, it's connected to the battle.
Speaker 4: Delmark, don't do that. Yeah, man, it's just real cause life. It's precious my niggas. So if y'all ain't gonna fight, stop it. Right.
Speaker 2: Other than that, cuz that motherfucker's record right there was banging. It really was a banging boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: Hey a minor the first time you heard it.
Speaker 2: That's everybody's saying. I mean, if they're gonna have fun with it, let them have fun with it. But god, damn, cuz you know, talk about mama's and ship like that. That's fighting words. But hey, you know what, hey, who what am I to say?
Speaker 1: You know? They've grown.
Speaker 4: Everybody's grown.
Speaker 3: Hey, at what point in time? Uh, when when you guys, you when you get when you're calling out names? Was like, how serious was the issue with X at that time? Was it like something that like ever, because I know you said that you guys had kind of buried the hatchet before he passed, which is a beautiful thing. But like, I feel like that's a disrecord that we don't talk about enough because it is one of the greats. Like it is, it is amazing, and it closed out an incredible project. And you're looking at me like you don't want to talk about it, but you don't have to.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking next question.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, all right, so on this on this project obviously, can you kind of give me a rundown on like how long it took you guys to complete this? Was this something that came together pretty quickly? Was it something that you guys have been working on for some time?
Speaker 1: It came on for a weekend, I was it.
Speaker 2: We finished the album the majority of the album four days and came back next week about another four completed.
Speaker 4: Wow, airshot a video.
Speaker 1: It's had some videos, so you know they probably about five six days.
Speaker 3: So let me get this straight, because you guys, would you guys, was that your guys' work like like path back in the day, would you guys get shipped done that quick?
Speaker 1: Back in the day, we was bush and doing songs. And then when Tupaccan he started showing us Bam BAMD band band band. We was knocking five to six songs. He's knocking five to six songs because I was producing, We was doing and then I just picked up that habit and then we all picked that habit up.
Speaker 3: What was it about his creative process that, like he showed you guys that made it so possible to have such a high output.
Speaker 4: Time you just go in.
Speaker 1: You can do all that mixing and ship later on later listening to.
Speaker 2: The sh Yeah, yeah, we were sitting in there for a whole motherfucking two days tweaking vocals one record right beause.
Speaker 1: You know he was an artist. We was producing the stuff they.
Speaker 2: There that damn nell take half a day and the next thing you know, we laid vocals and then is done. But then the next day dads is touching him up and you know what, let's add this to it and that to it. Because we slept on it and let's add this, And there wasn't a lot of the computer ship. It was like, you know, you had to really put it on there as you fuck up and put it back on there. You got to take a picture and you got to go back and put everything. We get back on the second day, and then del Mar would tell me because when I left, he still be there, damn there all night, and then come back the next day he'd be like, yeah, okay, you gotta relay uh your verse again?
Speaker 1: Like what what?
Speaker 4: Why go relate my verse?
Speaker 1: That was perfect?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man.
Speaker 5: The engineer fucked up and he raced it, so we just got.
Speaker 4: To do it again. Back then, there wasn't like.
Speaker 1: There wasn't no flying, no fucking vocals.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like let me, I can run the file this it's gone.
Speaker 2: That's why used to be so mad when the engineer fuck up and then he laid his ship and he'd be like okay, boom stop and then they just they erace it.
Speaker 5: And then Popp be like Wright and then he's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, cool, let me hear that again. Huh, well I rased it. I thought you wanted to go again.
Speaker 4: Mother fuck up.
Speaker 2: Muta fatal stand behind him next time he fuck up, knock his motherfucking ass out and be like, oh God.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine engineering into those.
Speaker 1: He used to tie the big pit bull to the door and the engineer wouldn't leave.
Speaker 4: That's what I had.
Speaker 5: I tied looning up to the machine to the two.
Speaker 3: Inch wait, y'all would tire dog to the door so the engineer wouldn't leave.
Speaker 2: My right there, the only person only people loony like besides me was Dazz and Snoop, So everybody else because don't.
Speaker 4: Don't don't come in, don't don't do don't do what the.
Speaker 5: Tie him up to there? One motherfucker came in, he moved to happen.
Speaker 4: Do you know how heavy that machine is?
Speaker 2: Cut and the dog boom and just move and move wooding cuds. You said, oh, did he bite the nigga?
Speaker 4: Cut? Or didn't they get out both? My God, Jesus that.
Speaker 5: Too, because motherfuckers could come in cut, don't.
Speaker 1: Come in here.
Speaker 4: That ship was really time back then. Cuse you know what I'm saying. You had the bloods in the crypt.
Speaker 1: So we got that new album coming out.
Speaker 4: Make thirty first, though, Make thirty first Yo, is it for you?
Speaker 3: Like are you already working on the ship that you're you and super Flyer producer now that you guys are.
Speaker 1: In this bag, like we just we just relaxing right now. We're just enjoying this moment and then when we get in there, we go seriously working.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We treat everything like m Robert, Yeah, in.
Speaker 4: And out, in and out Burgers, Yo Jazz.
Speaker 3: You had like this, like I don't know, you probably still have it going on, but I remember you were kind of really early on like owning your own independent distribution. Yeah, and like your independent catalog before like streaming was fucking crazy.
Speaker 4: I remember, I felt like you there was there was like so much just you were doing joint shit.
Speaker 3: It was doing like so but I remember you always would talk about like you were printing and pressing your own products.
Speaker 1: Right, I had my own prim machine and stuff like that I purchased.
Speaker 3: And then you were distributing all of that independent catalog yourself.
Speaker 1: Through Southwest Wholesale Distribution to all the record store wholesale. That's when they had wholesale one stop shops. You know what I'm saying. Back in the days, everything was a like tower records and all that. You know what I'm saying, that type of stuff. You know what I'm saying, pricing and positioning, consignment, you know, anybody to get the record out. And then when digital came out, it was a rat.
Speaker 4: How many skews like projects? Would you say? Because I think I heard you saying something about.
Speaker 1: Like the piece of catalog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gotta be.
Speaker 1: I got at least about sixty to forty.
Speaker 4: Forty to sixty projects, all pound albums.
Speaker 1: You know, just all different catleg and I used to take every song that I did for each independent artist and take them songs and make an album out of it. You know what I'm saying. So I'll let y'all get it.
Speaker 4: First, would you guys?
Speaker 3: I know that there's this like a thing going on right now where a lot of people are selling their masters and stuff. Is that something that you guys have been approached about at all selling any of the catalog?
Speaker 1: We've been approached that, but we ain't doing that because we could in due time, we could make that same amount of money if you put your mind to it, and if you're patient, yeah, and learn how to work your own stuff. You know what I'm saying, because it's just like a loan by a house, it's gonna spend thirty years paying for it, right or fifteen with entrance the principal and the entrance. You know what I'm saying. Principal probably be ten dollars an interest a nine hundred and something dollars.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And now you still old. That's why you owe for thirty years like that, because they take the money and give you just a little bit of it to go towards that loan, and then they take all entrance, you know what I'm saying. And that's why you're stuck with thirty.
Speaker 4: Year Morgan, and that's why that is the real estate mogal that he is.
Speaker 1: And then you're gonna fuck around and croak and die, and then they're gonna get the whole property back. And whoever living in the house gotta qualify.
Speaker 4: Oh that's how it works. Someone dies. It's like if you're living there and you're like a cousin or and.
Speaker 1: Then if you got to go in there and qualify to get it's alone. Remember that everything is qualification.
Speaker 4: Damn. So new album's coming out. That Kendrick record was Bag You got him going what's the name of that.
Speaker 1: Not like us that have to be fuzzy, wants you to wrap on.
Speaker 4: That. Shit's hard? Yeah, hard.
Speaker 1: Now what's really gonna kick all this better? When they start doing them videos for that ship? Well, that's it's funny that Drake shit, he had that old van.
Speaker 3: And then well it's funny because I don't know if you saw on Twitter, there's this tweet going by I wrote where they said that they they're not like us. Video needs to be like the new Calis Active video just all l A and that.
Speaker 1: I've seen everybody on TikTok going crazy on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one part about if you can make a dis record where you got to go to the club in here, you got to turn the radio in here.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh here he found it was on the NBA playoffs last night.
Speaker 1: You got him.
Speaker 4: He found a lot of Yeah, they were playing it in the background.
Speaker 1: And it's only been out nine hours.
Speaker 5: What did Drake drop?
Speaker 4: He put out what I like to put up.
Speaker 1: He put a song out. I got three songs in one song.
Speaker 3: Family Matters is what it's called. And then come up about thirty minutes later jacking.
Speaker 1: Beat and then Kenjick come up. Thirty minutes later, we meet the Grahams talking about the daddy and oh come, how about his daughter and all the time, Oh come, he don't even pay oh staying with the girl. Yeah all right, dell crag, you know he didn't.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 1: It goes that deep now right is deep?
Speaker 4: This would be the last song we'll show you because this restraighttful song. Meet the Grahams.
Speaker 3: This so Drake put out this song, and it's everybody is anticipating Drake's reply to Kendrick Sephoria. You playing everything, but Drake, Well, I can play some, Drake, but first you gotta hear that stuff.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 4: This is him rapping to uh, Drake's son to his son, Darrel's Dona's I'm sorry that that man is your father. Let me behind this.
Speaker 6: If it takes a man to be a man.
Speaker 4: Your dad's not a responsive.
Speaker 6: Look at him and wish your grandpa with a world kind of I'm sorry that you gotta go up and then stand behind him.
Speaker 4: Life is hard, I know.
Speaker 6: The China just always go beat us home. Sometimes our parents make mistakes that affect us until we've grown. Hey, you a good kid, that need good leadership. Let me be your mentor, since your daddy don't teach you ship. But let a man piss on your legs. Son, either you die right there or pop that man in the head.
Speaker 2: Son.
Speaker 4: Never fall leing the escort business. That's bad religion.
Speaker 6: Please remember you could be a bitch even if you got bitches.
Speaker 4: Never cold switch where the right or wrong.
Speaker 1: You're a black man, he ben in fit.
Speaker 6: Don't benefit your goals. Do some push ups, get some discipline. Don't cut through corners like your daddy did. Fuck what Ozimpic did. Don't pay their play with them brazirely hends. Give a gym membership. Understand them throwing frocks and hide their hands.
Speaker 1: That's law.
Speaker 6: Don't be ashamed about who you went. That's how he treat your moms. Don't have a kid to hide, a kid to hide again. Be sure five percent would comprehend, but ninety five is lost.
Speaker 4: Be proud of who you are.
Speaker 6: Your strength come from within lot of superstars, that's real, But your daddy ain't wonder them, and you nothing like him. You'll carry yourself as king. Can't you understand me right now? I just play this when you eighteen.
Speaker 1: Dear Sandra, got some habits.
Speaker 6: I hope you don't, especially with the girls that's hurting inside this climate. You're a woman, so you know how it feels to be an alignment with the emotions, hoping no man can see you will not.
Speaker 4: Be blinded their dinners.
Speaker 6: You gave birth to a master manipulator. If you used you to prove for years, it's a huge favor.
Speaker 4: I think you should ask for.
Speaker 1: More paper, and more paper, and more paper.
Speaker 6: I'm blaming you for Harley Gadling additions, psychopath.
Speaker 4: Intuition, the man that like to play victim. You raised the horrible fucking person the nerve for you did this.
Speaker 1: I just sit down one dot to say is heavy.
Speaker 4: Now listen.
Speaker 6: Your son's a sick man, the sick DUTs. I think niggas like him should die in the wine stage. She get fucked up in herself for the rest of their life. He hates black women, hypersexualize them with kicks up an inpho fetish who flace your hair because he.
Speaker 4: Want to still be in the bell just fit him better. He got sex offenders on her monthly announce Why they get that boy?
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know Man's that's the kid out man, So yeah, I wouldn't get.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Look May thirty, first album is coming. I'm excited you guys are back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's overdue, man, And I feel like the timing is perfect because right now the West Coast is stronger than ever.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a perfect time for a Dog Pound album.
Speaker 1: Most different summertime, summertime.
Speaker 3: If there's a single out right now, every ready and go stream of Snoop this crazy shot to Snoop Man, I'm glad that the death Throw energy is back. And uh yeah, I look forward to uh everything else. I got anything else you guys got cooking up, you guys want to talk about.
Speaker 1: It was just tripping off Kendrick. Now we finling go West Coasting all night now, O god, this is but you know, we just concentrated on this album right here, you know what I'm saying, and enjoying the West Coast.
Speaker 2: You know, he's doing some amazing things with me and Daz and our whole entire squad right now. So I just want to give it up for Snoopy for taking the time out. Come on back home, come on back to bring us back home and with this game and him and das. I'm so proud of, you know, back in communication and doing anything and going so strong and just leading the ship as we should because that is the keys to the DPG is Snoopy and.
Speaker 1: Del more so real name.
Speaker 4: I think we've gotten that. Yeah, and I'm pretty Ricky is what they call it. Ricky getting together sounds like an R and B group. No criminals, you know, we can we can't can do. We can't do a little A couple of you understand me and give them a little bit of that love.
Speaker 5: But were gonna leave that to everybody.
Speaker 4: Yelp. Appreciate you coming through for sure.
Speaker 5: Man, that's our pleasant you know, and corrupt.
Speaker 4: Give you some pe, get some pizza. I'm the thirty first to make go support man. Appreciate y'all. And where do I find the Drake records?
Speaker 1: Oh? I mean every gotta put Drake Kendrick and they're all gonna pop up.
Speaker 5: Oh that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. He just dropped this yesterday.
Speaker 4: I mean did it was his white flag, white flag. It was him just being like, guys, I'm tired. JA Cole apologized.
Speaker 3: J Cole apologize, and now Drake is saying white flag no listen Drake just you'll hear it. You'll be like, he sounds defeated. So they each put out five records. The public is really yeah, you know, so it was eight.
Speaker 5: Back in when I was battling. Nobody gave right.
Speaker 2: And that's why, you know, I was feeling some kind of with bringing up anything called now name because deal Mexicans gone.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So out of respect for him, him being gone, really ain't. I loved the record for myself. I got your air out and I got to speak my piece because I was pretty upset and I wanted to fight, and you know I was, I was madu so but the reality of it is that we did squash our our situation and became real good friends. We were good friends because you know, we missed flights. We missed our flight, just sitting there chopping it with each other, like fuck them flight, we'll get new ones, and just stayed there all night in the airport choppinghoo up game because and it was great and we've been great ever since. And I'm glad I did that before uh he passed away, because you know, he's a great guy because and and you know, that's what happens, like with with BG knockout. You know, he's he's a he's a good guy man and squashed that beef. Me and Dad squashed all of our beefs.
Speaker 1: We've been on a whole lot of yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I just wish that we would be able to uh squash things before Eric passed away. You know, easy, ain't no telling what happened.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 4: You know one of my best friends, uh is Lazy Bone. You know, you can't even have me and.
Speaker 2: Lazy together because this is fiasco. Were knocking over glasses.
Speaker 4: Because that man could throw them back. And we're cool now because you know both of us, I slowed down on the alcohol and Lazy don't drink at all, So you know what I'm saying. But boy, when we when we first got together.
Speaker 3: Because each of you guys used to at least drink a lot more, right, because yeah, because I remember I used to hang out with Lazy going to the Trip club in Arizona, and he was he could.
Speaker 2: He's got a high tolerance Lazy together, Oh my god. And so but now you know, Lazy don't drink anymore is a great thing.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: I slowed minds down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's just that everything is so positive, and me and Dad have been been snooping through real wars, so you know, I really don't play with these rap wars because people get hurt.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The little home with Draco is gone. Yes, you see what I'm saying. So this ship can turn out really really ugly, you know what I'm saying. Vaughn and all that type of ship. So it's like, you know, it's really not to play with. But this sounds like fun right here, So it's a good thing.
Speaker 4: I feel like this.
Speaker 5: Ship is fun. You know, I'm gonna I can't wait to get to the car, never.
Speaker 1: See each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got it. You got like you gotta start. You gotta show him, give him the timeline. You gotta play like like you gotta play first play push up. You gotta play first person shooter. They gotta play like that.
Speaker 4: It's a push up.
Speaker 1: They came out with a song called this is was doing push ups? No? When was he doing here? With?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah You'll be here damn Cause I'm just an old ass.
Speaker 1: We were the dog Pound right here on the bootleg keVs Show May thirty first, May thirty first, say we're happy to be here and we appreciate the love.
Speaker 5: Name of the album, we All we Got
Speaker 3: We All We Got, May thirty first, Dog Pound Back Together DPG, Let's Go