Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two on.
Speaker 2: This Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Edge Dan Patrick Show Down to Danett Fritzy out today. Dylan's here, Marvin Paul yours truly in the back room.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: We say good morning to all of our radio affiliates, including our newest one and Hilo, Hawaii Fox Sports Radio six seventy AM ninety eight point five FM, and want to thank their general manager, Chris Leonard, for the opportunity to entertain everybody in Hilo, Hawaii eight seven to seven three. DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. The Big Parade coming up on Thursday in New York. This is one of those if you're a New Yorker, you know where to go and not go.
Speaker 3: You gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: School's out, but you know there's certain places where you're gonna go, Oh the parade rat And I've been caught in that one time before, where you think that you're going to be able to escape and you can't, and then you're kind of stuck and if you're not moving for a couple hours. But it's a good problem to have if you're a New Yorker with this celebration. I think estimates are close to four million people who might be showing up. It might be more than that. I didn't realize there were this many Knicks fans. But once again, I have a friend I've known for twenty seven years. He shows up, had a playing golf, had a Knicks hat on Nick's shirt, and I go, I didn't know you were a Knicks fan. Well, I never had any reason to, you know, tell you, I said, okay, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: They'll never be a big a parading history of New York sports, right, Well, because every other fan base is split.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, because I was thinking, you know, we've seen a giant parade, Rangers parade. The Jets and Mets would not be the same, just because, as you said, you're kind of split the you know, the Knicks own New York and the Five boroughs. But yeah, this would probably be Even if the Jets somehow won a Super Bowl, I don't it would not top with the Knicks just did, yes, d'lan.
Speaker 5: But I think there's also the space between wins factor, Like if the Knicks, when say they repeated next year, I feel like that will be automatically a less attended parade than this one. You mean when they repeat, sorry when they threepeat. Don't be hating on the Knicks when my Knicks threepeat. You don't want social media coming after you like they are with me.
Speaker 6: They've got some people in the building who might be coming after me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's true. But you know, the parade will be on Thursday in New York City. The Hurricanes, their parade will be on Saturday. Brendan's orders me heading to the supplemental Draft. We spent some time with Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk on everything surrounding this. Does the NFL punish him? Do they wait until he goes to a team? Will that team know that there's a chance see that The NFL has got to let these teams know, and obviously Brendan soresby if they're doing a deep dive on him coming into the league. Given all the pearl clutching that we have now with gambling, I think you've got to let those teams know. You can't be drafting somebody and all and give up a second round draft pick and all of a sudden, the NFL goes, you know, we're not going to let him play that first year. I mean they did this Terrell prior and you know head coach Jim Tressel when you know Tressel got fired by Ohio State and then trying to come into the NFL, he had to serve a suspension as well, and this was under his watch that his football players were trading in some of their gear for tattoos. Brendan Sowersby is coming in and his charges allegations a whole lot more serious than that.
Speaker 7: Yes, Pauline Marvin brought this up in the break and I hadn't thought about it before. Is it worse that he's a quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because we just found out that the Patriots have a wide receiver who admitted to gambling when he was at LSU, Keyshawn Booty. He admitted now he was already in the NFL. Yeah, I think it was a year in and then admitted that he was gambling on LSU. But the quarterback is the face of the franchise. Quarterbacks are the faces of the league. That's why it's different, Yes, Dylan, Yeah, I think you.
Speaker 6: Might start seeing that more and more.
Speaker 5: And it's kind of like when the NBA changed their drug testing policies and became more lenient with like weed and stuff. A lot of former players were like, yeah, I was smoking weed the whole time. I think you might see that a little bit with retroactively players saying like, yeah, I was betting, not necessarily on the sport or this team, but back in college whenever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. It's still if. Well, to me, you're betting on your team. Are you sharing the information? That's why, you know when people said, you know, Pete Rose had never admitted to betting on the Reds until he was on the radio show with me, and he shocked me. He said, look, I didn't bet against the Reds. I bet on the Reds to win, as if that would mitigate the Hey, that guy man, he really believed in his team. He thought that this was a yeah, big deal. I bet on my team to win. You know, well you can't, and are you manipulating the lineup?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: Was Brendan Soresby sharing information? Hey, I bet on Indiana football? Okay, what did you know? Did you ask for information? Wasn't playing? But once again, I just can't go down that road right now. Like Camp, I'd have to have a deep dive. I'd have to have all the information. You can be a great talent, and you know it's a sliding scale. You know what's your baggage and how talented are you? And we've seen sports will bend over backwards when somebody's really talented and they got baggage. In this case at that position, can't take a chance on it. And this might be one of those where, man, you could have had him for a second round draft pick. You're right about that, You're right, But I got to sleep at night. I can't have somebody who's betting on the sport that they're playing. Can't deal breaker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pull and Soorsby is so hot and toxic right now that these teams would have to make this decision in weeks. If he played this season, Texas Tech won a lot of games, he played great football, the story would cool and other stories would take over, and he'd go into the NFL draft with baggage, but not like white hot baggag.
Speaker 2: Well, also, with all this pressure on him, all eyes on him, what if he doesn't play well? So now he's taken himself out of being a first round draft pick. This might be the best of both worlds for everybody involved. Now Texas Tech can move on save face the Big twelve, flexed its muscles. Soresby can get his money, he can go to the supplemental draft. Maybe he gets drafted, Maybe he goes to rehab or continues his you know, rehab process here for the first year. Maybe, But boy, what a whirldwind tour this has been in the last couple of weeks. Yeah, Dylan, And that's sort of like.
Speaker 5: The same thing I said about Deshaun Watson when all that stuff happened he signed with Cleveland.
Speaker 6: I was like, he's done.
Speaker 5: I mean, for all intents and purposes, I just think some things mentally, the stuff you're going to hear game in game out. Soresby would have had the same thing playing at Texas Tech. I find you're at best fighting in uphill battle every game that you wouldn't be otherwise.
Speaker 2: But if Deshaun Watson played well well, no one would it would I mean.
Speaker 3: People would have a problem with it.
Speaker 2: Michael Vick came back, came out of prison, and Andy Reid took him, you know in and he played pretty well, and I think fans moved past that or compartmentalized that that, Hey, I don't like that he did that killing dogs, but he's still pretty good football player.
Speaker 5: And he served his time, Yes, he did, which and was a substantial amount actually compared to what a lot of other things get. So it's like, I mean, isn't that the whole point of rehabilitation and stuff where it's like, yeah, you you served your time.
Speaker 6: He paid your.
Speaker 5: Price, like it can't be held against you forever. Some guys just don't end up paying any price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Deshaun Watson paid a price, like literally paid a price. But it's not like he went to prison. But you know, he had a huge contract, a contract that he couldn't turn down. And there were other teams Atlanta was interested in Deshaun Watson. There are other teams that would have taken him in. It's just it's a sliding scale. If Brendan Soresby can play, I'm not going to say people will look past that, but I think that this whole temperature that's really hot now will cool down a little bit once. We don't stay focused very long on things. We move quickly. You're we're on this, Oh it's so important, and then all of a sudden boom, next topic, and then there'll be another topic that comes up.
Speaker 3: Yes, dealing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would argue that like this might actually be best case scenario football wise for Sores, because, like you said, the Texas the season at Texas Tech would be I mean, they're loaded with question marks right now. Right now, there's a supplemental draft for the NFL. He's all just potential and just I'm talking about on the field stuff. So it's like it's not like he even has the chance to have a down season at Texas Tech. And then compare that with the gambling stuff. Right now, it's just like he has this one gambling thing, but as far as skill, it's like, you know, limitless potential.
Speaker 3: Well, he's out of options. I don't think he was going to be able to play at Texas Tech, no, but I.
Speaker 5: Think this actually could work out nicely for him if a team does decide to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he gets the nil money.
Speaker 2: And if you go into the NFL, maybe they can hide you for a year or two and maybe you begin the process of rehabilitation or you continue it. You're on a practice squad, you're not in front of people. Then it'll be the guy who Oh yeah, that's the guy. Oh yeah, he was gambling, and then we'll move on.
Speaker 5: Yes, deal, and it could just end up being a possible redemption story. Not going to be immediately, but yeah.
Speaker 2: If he can help others with warning signs. And I've mentioned that eighteen to twenty four. You know, you got boys who are gambling, and that's the sweet spot here. Unfortunately, where you get a little money, maybe you get a credit card, maybe you're at school, maybe you're betting through somebody else. That's that's where we got a real problem. Surface got a real problem here. Guaranteed the number of times I've been tempted to gamble and I haven't placed a bet in over forty years, but I can tell you there are so many times when I go, God, I bet that, Oh man, I take the points and the word. You know, the worst thing that could happen is that I'd win. The last bet I ever placed, I lost thirty three hundred dollars.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to bet. I don't I don't have money when I play golf. I don't want it. I don't I don't want to be around it. I don't like hearing when somebody bets. We do the gambling podcast, and it's kind of making fun of just how bad Dylan and Shay are as gamblers. But you know, it's a real big problem in America and all of these leagues, every single one of them. Yes, I'm getting on my soapbox because I want to keep reminding you parents out there or kids, keep it light. You can have fun with this, but you'll never win. You'll never beat them.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: If you if you get fifty three percent of your bets correct, you are doing great. But I I know what that feeling is like, and it's there, and I'm tempted all the time because there. I mean, how many times have I said to you, Dylan, God, I would I I'm saying to you, man, I would have taken Like the Spurs in Game three, I go, I just think they're gonna win, and you know, I don't want to bet because I know what happens, and then you bet again, and then you bet again.
Speaker 6: Even yesterday, You're like, Kate Vernon is probably gonna tie Spain.
Speaker 3: I thought that they could stay in the match and it's Kate vered.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Cabo Van, Yeah, yeah, Pauline, I think.
Speaker 7: The toughest part for Soresby is going to be to convince people that he's real and altruistic with his rehab, because a lot of media and a lot of fans think he concocted things to get back to playing college football. He's got to prove that wrong. I don't know how you do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, There'll be a lot of questions, and I don't know. You can't have somebody be evasive, like I have to have you. You tell me because I'll have your back, but you got to tell me everything I need to know here.
Speaker 3: And we have invited him on just to let you know.
Speaker 2: Fritzy's reached out a couple of times, and wisely he hasn't decided to come on the show now. He might eventually, but maybe now when you're going into the supplemental draft, let let people hear from you, but let them hear in your voice. How do you sound? Are you contrite? You feel bad? Feel bad? You got caught?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Did Cincinnati rat you out? Did you bet on Cincinnati when you were playing for Cincinnati. There's a lot of questions and probably some questions that he doesn't want to give answers to. What's the whole question for hour two. Well, Dan, I was thinking about this earlier. Should championship parades be on the weekend as a matter of course, Well, in New York, everybody's in New York, so you're gonna you already have an audience there, a captive audience. I'm okay in New York during the week now. If I'm a boss, you know, and I've got employees, I go, hey, where's everybody. Oh, the parade. They come back banged up after that. I might have a problem with that. But I know a couple of guys here in the building, one to go to the Knicks parade, and I said, well, we got a job to do here. Okay, Bob back there, the diehard Knicks fan, he knows he's got a job to do, and we'll do it.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you about that, and actually I have a solution. You send them to the parade. But it's the Hurricanes parade.
Speaker 7: Care yes, Bully, a couple of things on the Knicks parade. My first thought was, do you have it on a Thursday to keep them because you may not be able to handle a Saturday parade when everyone's available. And also, isn't the US Open at Shinnacock this upcoming weekend. I don't think they would want to make fans choose between the two.
Speaker 3: Well, but that's out on Long Island.
Speaker 7: True, But I guess I'm saying to split the sports fans from one event to another. If you do it Thursday, you're still air quotes supporting the Shinnacock.
Speaker 2: Well, the crowds at Shinnacock and the crowds at a Knicks parade will be vastly different.
Speaker 6: Why please?
Speaker 5: Yes, you don't think they're going to torture bus on the eleventh till at Shinnacock.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope not.
Speaker 5: That would be That would be an interesting Long Island railroad, this mix of Knicks fans and US Open fans going opposite directions.
Speaker 2: Just heard from Brendan Soresby's agent. We won't not be doing any media until after his pro day. So his agent just got back to Todd. Uh Todd, if you can hear me, if you're feeling okay, can you ask when Brendan Soresby's pro day is going to be, just so we don't bother them with interview requests. But we do know he's having a pro day, so Todd asked his agent, if you can Todd not with us today under the weather, but he's still part of the show.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, Pauling, the agent's email back to Todd, actually says thanks.
Speaker 3: Tod, Thanks Todd.
Speaker 2: If he would have said thank you, Todd, then I'd go, okay, all right, maybe there's a chance we're going.
Speaker 3: To get this gun.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll get phone calls coming up. We'll talk to the Knicks forward Michale Bridges. He'll join us coming up in an hour from now. But we make way for Tim Legler. Did a wonderful job with the NBA Finals with the Mothership. He'll join us next right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Steve Gott's here.
Speaker 8: I have a podcast empire.
Speaker 3: It continues to grow, and.
Speaker 8: I have brought it here to iHeart.
Speaker 10: I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my.
Speaker 8: Wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 10: It's called Stegots and Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes. Every single day, some of the biggest names in sports.
Speaker 8: A lot of phone.
Speaker 3: Calls I love you on the show.
Speaker 6: It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 10: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you could expect from Stu Gotts and Company and ste gottson Company Live. So listen to ste gods and Company.
Speaker 8: Live ed our original podcast.
Speaker 10: Please subscribe, rate and review Ste God's in Company and God Bless Football.
Speaker 8: Taylor's livelihood depends on it. You do it today and you can.
Speaker 10: Check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Nicks Forward Michale Bridges joining us at the top of the hour. I refuse to let Tim Legler start his summer vacation without coming on one more time. ESPN Lead NBA analyst Tim, Thank you. I never thought I would say this, that the younger team seemed more tired and certainly wemby at the end of most of these games. How much do you think that played a role in all the comebacks that the Knicks had.
Speaker 11: I think fatigue factored in Dan. I definitely think that was the case. We commented on it during the broadcast, but I think more than anything, it was an uncertain and a lack of identity in those moments that determine the games. I really think that was the biggest factor. And experience is a big part. You've got some more veteran players on the Knicks, and but for me, it starts with your identity where you want to go when the games on the line. The Knicks have no questions whatsoever in that regard. It's going to be Jeleen Brunson. He's going to determine it. Everybody plays off of him, and the San Antonio Spurs had moments where they kind of looked around at each other unsure about what exactly it is that they wanted to do. And I think, look part of that is Mitch Johnson also a very young coach going through it for the first time, but he has limitations as a coach if some of his players have some limitations in those moments, and they do, and that is now the next step for this group. They've got their three best players are twenty two and under. They've got to address look in the mirror and address some of the things that they need to improve. A girl pond, so they won't be in that situation anymore where they don't have answers.
Speaker 9: Late in games because that the difference in the series.
Speaker 3: Did Victor Winbtniyama have a good finals, Yeah, he.
Speaker 11: Had a good finals. Well, he didn't have a sensational finals. He wasn't the best player on the floor. They probably needed him to be more often, particularly in the fourth quarters of games. I'm not gonna say he didn't have a good finals. I think he did, and I think there were times that he went through stretches where he had dominance, but it was for short bursts more so than sustaining it throughout the forty eight minutes and certainly in those moments that determined this series. That I think is where his biggest challenge comes from. And look, we talked about it before. He's seven to four. It's not like he could just bring the ball up, operate eve of the ball screen as the ball handler or gisco iso from wherever he wants in the floor like most of the elite scorers.
Speaker 9: In this league. It's different for him.
Speaker 11: Doesn't mean he can't be equally dominant. I just think there's an area of the floor he hasn't mastered yet that he has to, and it's that area from fifteen to twenty feet in that dirt Novitsky type top of the key elbows, jab steps, shoot over you, jab step, go by you with one dribble. He doesn't really operate much in that area of the floor. It's either rim runs or he's behind the three point line a lot. So I think that's the next step in the evolution for Victor webin Yama, and it'll help him decide games.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the immediate futures of both of these teams. Start with the Knicks. They're set with their starting five. I don't know if they have any pending free agents money issues with these guys, so handicap the Knicks going into next season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look, I think the Knicks are now.
Speaker 11: The thing that they've done is they've answered questions that maybe they even had internally about themselves. It look the path was cleared slightly for them this year with Boston missing Tatum for most of the season. Know how le Burton in Indiana Detroit doesn't have enough shooting.
Speaker 9: They were exposed for that later. The Cavaliers, we've seen.
Speaker 11: Like that mental toughness that you need is lacking Philly was hurt most of the year, So there were things that went right, and I'm not trying to dismiss it or diminish anything the Knicks did because they played incredible basketball.
Speaker 9: But they took.
Speaker 11: Advantage of the situation, which is what you have to do because you never know when these opportunities present themselves. So now they look at themselves as champions, they're going to feel differently about themselves and their ability to navigate any situation going in to next year. There is no reason to think that the Knicks can't return to the finals, can't have an opportunity to repeat next year. There's no doubt in my mind that they're going to be one of those teams on a very short list of teams that could win a championship next year.
Speaker 2: And then the Spurs. You've talked about their young players. I mean, you do have the deer and Fox question because now he's going to be your highest paid player by far.
Speaker 3: Can you use him differently? Maybe?
Speaker 11: I think you can, And I also think people out there that now want to take it to the extreme and oh, you got to move him, you got to cut them. You know, you should never see the floor again. You know that's just not the way the NBA works. The guy's gonna make a lot of money. He's still a very good player. There's no doubt he struggled, not only in the finals, but during the postseason. I think in general he took a step back offensively because he could, and he accepted that. But I think that going forward, the future is going to be Stefan Castle and Dylan Harper. There's no question about that. Now, both of those guys need.
Speaker 9: To continue to prove their offensive games.
Speaker 11: Because Castle improved his like wide open three point shooting. I think he was over forty percent after the All Star break. That's still a weakness in Dylan Harper's game. He can make him in rhythm. But the combination of what those guys do offensively and defensively, the pressure they put on you in the paint, address their shooting, continue to improve that area that is your backcourt. And for Dearon Fox, I almost think feel like now he should be a guy that's he's still going to play twenty five thirty men it's a night. Maybe he's the guy that's more anchored to your second unit because I still think he is still can be An elite scorer a lot of nights. If he's out there more as your combo guard off the bench, that might be a better role for him.
Speaker 9: But that's a lot of money for a guy coming off the bench. I get it.
Speaker 11: But the future is castle in Harper. There's no question about that. He's gonna be one of the best backcourts in the NBA, like within the next couple of years. I think Dylan Harper has a chance to be like an All League type of player.
Speaker 9: That's where you need to go. And it was obvious to.
Speaker 11: Me throughout the finals they were a better team when Dylan Harper was on the floor.
Speaker 2: Talking to Tim Legler, ESPN lead NBA analyst trying to explain the Jalen Brunson ability to close. We had somebody call in say, you know, this is like Mamba mentality. It's Michael Jordan at the end of games and I you know, once again we have a rush to judgment. You know, it's a recency buys. Brunson had a fabulous postseason. Can you start to put him in any other categories here as far as more than just hey, you want a title and you're great player. Has he elevated to a different platform for you.
Speaker 11: He definitely has, and I mean I don't know that it was going to take like this finals run or that finals performance in Game five. To me, he's sort of already gotten there because of what he's done here since he got to New York, and more importantly, the way he typically plays in the fourth quarter of games, the way that he takes over games, the fact that he's completely unfhazed in those moments in the game. That speeds guys up in clouds thinking it's difficult to operate with that level of pressure on you that efficiently. He's done that since he got to New York. Really before that, I mean go back to college. Certainly he had a playoff run in Dallas where he started to see it. Now he's at the point where you go, is there anybody else in the league that you trust more with the ball in their hands with the game on the line.
Speaker 9: The Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's he's he's literally elevated himself to right there at the.
Speaker 9: Top of the list.
Speaker 11: If you don't want to say he's, you know, clearly the guy. He's certainly on the on that top two three guys in the league that you want to ball in his hands because what he has shown you is he has an ability to process high pressure situations in a way that most guys are never capable of getting to. And it's amazing because he doesn't do it with anything that he's relying on Athletically. It's all based on footwork, playing multiple speeds, getting you off balanced, touch, iq strength, you name it like that's what it is, but it's not. It's not getting off the ground to elevate over guys. It's not blowing by guys. It's not a crazy handle. It's just an ability.
Speaker 9: To understand where he wants to go, keep you off balance.
Speaker 11: To prevent you from dictating to him anything He dictates terms to you whatever is.
Speaker 9: In front of him.
Speaker 11: Very few guys in the league right now can dictate to the defense the way that Jalen Brunson can. He's never at your mercy, you're always at his. And that's a very, very very unique quality to have.
Speaker 2: I think he learned something from Luca because Luca does the same thing. You know, he's not blowing by you, he's not jumping over you. He has ability. Kawhi had had this ability where they kind of create the tempo. You go to their speed, and I can't help but think that when Jalen was there in Dallas watching what Luca was doing, It's basically, I'm going to control the tempo as well. I'm going to play the angles. I know what I can do when where I can do it. You just have to try to figure out getting there before I do.
Speaker 11: He has a quality then, and look, you don't and you're you know, you're not comparing him to like players because they're all so different. But there are guys historically in all sports, not just basketball, that have that quality of certainty, and man, does that mean a lot to a team. Like when your best player is that sure of the moment of themselves and their ability to operate in those moments and be able to see things at the same speed that they do all the rest of the time with the game hanging in the balance.
Speaker 9: Is an incredibly rare quality that the greats have had.
Speaker 11: In all of the team sports that we watch and cover, and even individual sports like golf, we see guys that have that ability, that that laser focus ability to be so sure of themselves that you basically take any self doubt out.
Speaker 9: Of the equation.
Speaker 11: Now it's all muscle memory, and that's what Jalen Brunson has gotten to. He's just in that place where when you need to have it, he's going to deliver because he's that certain of the outcome. It's really fascinating to watch. And he put on a game. He put on a show on Game five that we're gonna be talking about for years and years and years to come. And that series had moments obviously that we'll be talking about the are iconic fifty years from now. That we show in the og Annobi tip in as the open to the NBA, there's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Isaiah Thomas had this uh you know, smallest guy usually on the floor, but he had that confidence and wanted the ball game on the line. And I mean there's something about that. You know, it's your DNA. They're just certain guys who were made for those moments. I still don't know why san Antonio didn't double Jalen Brunt like I never ever want him to beat me. I know, he's the only guy on the floor who can beat me. He's the only guy.
Speaker 11: Talked about it repeatedly, you know, and it's you never give him the same look all the time, and so they you know, you got to mix it up.
Speaker 9: Sometimes you blitz them, sometimes you don't.
Speaker 11: Here's what I what I felt like I saw out of San Antonio when they got leads, and they had double digit leads in every game. When they got double digit leads, they got so conservative at their approach to him because they did not want to give up three point shots.
Speaker 9: I just I just didn't understand.
Speaker 11: The guy had almost half of their points in a closeout game. You had to go og ananob he wasn't in rhythm. Michale Bridges wasn't really in a rhythm. Karl Anthony Towns had two points in the game. They weren't getting anything off their bench. You have to force that ball out of his hands and see who else can go make a play, and then you can always adjust back. But to repeatedly have that much faith in your individual defenders that they can handle him one on one, because you got Wemby back there.
Speaker 9: He's not trying to get all the way to the rim.
Speaker 11: Typically he's trying to operate in that mid range area, and that means one guy's not gonna be able to handle that unless you take it out of his hands. So I agree with you, and I said it repeatedly throughout the broadcast. That's how I'm the same, Like I wouldn't want to go into the summer playing against that team, knowing I didn't force that to happen, and maybe a team gets in that situation next time.
Speaker 9: Around, you're gonna see something different.
Speaker 11: You can't give it to him the entire time, because then it's too easy to grow up a game plan to pick it apart. But they didn't to me take the ball out of his hands enough in Game five.
Speaker 2: Since I won't be talking to you for a while, If you could put Jannis in Boston or Miami, which appear to be the two front runners, which situation makes the most sense.
Speaker 11: Man, Miami to me would be you know, that would be most more interesting because I think that would elevate them immediately to a team that can contend. Boston to me, is already going to contend even if they don't do anything.
Speaker 9: They're already kind of in that category.
Speaker 11: So for me to add another team to the mix, that makes it more fascinating to me where Yannis ends up, because that's always a good thing. Just more teams that you look at as relevant that potentially could make a deep run and maybe even get to the finals. Giannis, is that kind of tipping point player. Boston's already gonna be in that category even if they don't make a move.
Speaker 2: I know you like Dylan Harper a lot. If I said you could have Dylan Harper or Cooper Flag, Oh.
Speaker 9: Man, why would you make me make a decision like that? I want both? I want both?
Speaker 3: Is it that close? Is it that close?
Speaker 9: Do you like do you like RIBI? I like both. That's how I would answer that question.
Speaker 3: Give me the surf and turf.
Speaker 2: So you're saying now three months ago, if I asked you're taking Cooper Flag.
Speaker 9: I would say, listen to me.
Speaker 11: I would probably lean Cooper Flag right now because Cooper Flag to me, this year demonstrated more overall versatility in his game.
Speaker 9: I had more on his plate. Honestly, Dylan Harper is playing on a great team.
Speaker 11: So he had a more defined role certainly throughout most of the regular season. Now that expanded into postseason. I think both of these guys are going to be All League players. I think both of these guys are going to be the type of guys that could be the best player on teams that can contend down the road.
Speaker 9: But right now as we sit.
Speaker 11: Here, Cooper Flagg has demonstrated he's just got a little bit more well rounded versatility, and obviously he's bigger, so that always is going to help. But I have no hesitation in saying that I think Dylan Harper not always going to be an All League player, like a first team All League guard down the road.
Speaker 9: And I don't know how long he stays at Wemby in San.
Speaker 11: Antonio, but at some point, these guys typically kind of want to be.
Speaker 9: The best player on their own team.
Speaker 11: If that gets to the place down the road, I think Dylan Harper is going to be that good that he could be a top flight guard that can lead a team deep into the postseason.
Speaker 3: Great stuff this year. Thank you for being available.
Speaker 9: To me always, Dan, anything you need.
Speaker 2: Jim Legler, ESPN, Lead NBA analyst. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't think it was that close, but that gap closed. Maybe it's recency bias with Harper played really well and at times I thought he was the best player on the floor for his team. But this is a big, big difference in what was asked a Cooper Flag and what's asked of Dylan Harper. Cooper Flag was nineteen. They turned the team over to him. He was eighteen when the season started. It's Cooper Flag. But Dylan Harper, Dylan Harper opened a lot of eyes because he was going to be known as Wait, who is the second pick in that draft behind Cooper Flag? And he's older than Cooper Flag. He's twenty. We'll take a break, get some phone calls coming up after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. By the way, reach out again, I asked Fritzey to reach out to Brendan Soorsby's agent. We have reached out to him before and he said that his client is not going to be doing any interviews.
Speaker 3: And to after his pro day.
Speaker 2: So I said to Fritzy, go back and ask his agent when is his pro day, because that's news. His agent says, we will let you know by the end of day tomorrow. Okay, you know, all this happening fast, and you're going to go into the supple mental draft, have a pro day? Where do you have your pro day? How many teams do you think will be there to watch in person? And does everybody get a chance to ask, you know, break off, you know, one on one to ask Brendan Soresby questions. So there's a lot of things moving. It's fluid still. David in Ohio, Hi David, thanks for holding What do you have for me?
Speaker 3: Hey? What's up?
Speaker 2: Van?
Speaker 9: Congrats on getting another radio station in Hawaii. Aloha.
Speaker 5: Me and my wife went there to Kawhai on our honeymoon and I don't.
Speaker 6: Know if you've ever been, so thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been to Hawaii a few times, the Big Island, Kona Maui always a great time.
Speaker 3: My daughter worked out there for.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many years, and it was one of those where she's working some farming development community something and I remember going out there and she said, oh, I want you to I want to show you where I was working. And so I got to see that. She goes, I want to show you where I was living, and I go, Okay.
Speaker 3: We pull into I still don't know what it was, but it had.
Speaker 2: A damaged school bus or some kind of bus and then there was some kind of concrete building hut, no running water, no electricity, and she had been living there with her boyfriend.
Speaker 6: And I went what.
Speaker 2: And it was it was one of those where you go, I can't no. She goes, no, I'm fine, and I go, okay, all right. It's one of those where you go, no, no, that's my daughter. She's you're not living like this, and she said, don't know, you know, we can you know, run a cable. You know, we're getting computer acts. And I go, oh my god, yeah smart?
Speaker 3: Were you thinking of yourself?
Speaker 9: I know, I didn't worked this hard.
Speaker 2: He I full disclosure. I started crying because I'm like, no, no, that and she is tough survivor like her mom, and I just.
Speaker 3: Went no, no, no no, uh but she uh she survived, yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 7: Were there other people there, like sent up a commune?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no.
Speaker 7: It wasn't squatting. There was a lease involved.
Speaker 3: No, no, there was nothing there.
Speaker 2: Just it was just a small building made out of concrete and there were like abandoned cars and I give us a dump.
Speaker 7: But in the lovely view were unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It was it was still Hawaii.
Speaker 7: Seventy eight seven degrees every day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and my wife. You know, she didn't react the way I did. She's like, you're making you're making Grace feel bad. I go, I'm feeling bad, like I just I was shocked. But you know we she took us all around Hawaii, all the places. You know, you knew, all these great places, the nice places.
Speaker 7: Why don't you just pull up a stump and sit there?
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 2: We got an airbnb when we were out there. And oh, oh fatherhood.
Speaker 4: All those sports centers you did, yes, all those road trips at the final.
Speaker 2: Second shift, I'm busting my ass. Go well, Dylan said, hey, how about the World Cup Food Game? I go, I'm not familiar with the World Cup Food game? Do we have music for the World Cup Food Game? Okay, all right, Dylan, go ahead, all right, Dan. So we have six nations that are playing today.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to pick each one's national dish or if they don't have that, what is considered one of, if not the most popular dishes, and you're gonna see if you can guess which country it belongs to.
Speaker 3: Country?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, First off, seeboo Jen, it's spelt like the Bouden. It's a fish and broken rice. Feels like Senegal to me. Ding ding ding, Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 6: Right, I'll give you a harder one.
Speaker 3: That was pretty tough.
Speaker 5: Foxy Coal, which is a mutton and cabbage. It's spelt like fari call.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Norway.
Speaker 6: Damn, you're good.
Speaker 12: Two two, all right, couscous, I'm gonna go France, Paulie.
Speaker 7: I just got Algerian takeout the other day. Algae.
Speaker 5: It is Algeria. The food's so nice. They named it twice Dan okay, and mas goof, which is grilled carp Oh god, a rock.
Speaker 6: That is correct. And then we only got two left.
Speaker 7: This is gonna be kind of easy.
Speaker 6: Beef Bergen Yon.
Speaker 7: Bally gotta be Franz right.
Speaker 6: It is France, which.
Speaker 5: Only leaves Argentina, which was a tough one to find. I was really only finding Asada, which is more of like an open flame cooking style of various meats, but that is sort of their encompassing national dish.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 5: You guys did pretty I honestly thought there's gonna be some trickier one there.
Speaker 6: We'll get there. We'll do this again.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't wait, that sounds great, Thank you, thank you, all right, Final Hour on the way, we'll talk to the Knicks. Michale Bridges, he was known as the Warden. That was his nickname, but I think it might have been from high school. And then when he played for the Nets, he was known as Brooklyn Bridges.
Speaker 3: McHale Bridges, David, I did with that.
Speaker 5: No relation to Kevin McHale. Right then, No, you hated that. I did, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Final hour on this Tuesday, on the way, more of your phone calls. We'll get to those eight seven seven three DP show. Dylan is here, Marvion's here, Paula yours truly the back room guys, and Fritzie's here in spirit