Speaker 1: As the official ticket marketplace of the Minnesota Vikings and the NFL, Ticketmasters got the best way to take it to the house when it comes to being there live. They're the safest and most convenient marketplace to score fully verified Vikings tickets. So get those touchdown celebrations ready and score your tickets today at ticketmaster dot com slash Vikings.
Speaker 2: The recket recket for better.
Speaker 1: Turn here. Hey, everybody, welcome to another season of the Tailgate, brought to you by Ticketmaster, the official ticket marketplace of the Minnesota Vikings. I'm Simonson, I'm your host. We're prompted to be on KFA N again to bring you some comics and entertainers who are fans of the other team to talk about the upcoming Vikings matchup. We got some great guests on the first episode. In the second half of the show, we're gonna connect with two New York comedians and huge fans of the New York Giants, Christa Stefano and Mike Cannon from the Chrissy Chaos podcast. But first Light is a jentlebed butt. First, let's kick things off with King Minnesota himself. Ladies and gentlemen, you know him from his Netflix special Empty Nester. You probably know him from a whole bunch of other stuff. I just call him my best pal, Ladies and gentlemen. The Chad Daniels.
Speaker 2: Hey, baby, Hi everybody. A lot of people were hoping that Nick Schwartzen was on when you said King of Minnesota. You know what's interesting. You and I do a podcast every week, and I've never heard you use that voice before.
Speaker 3: You really like it.
Speaker 2: You're real radio e today where you're like, everybody, welcome.
Speaker 1: To the show.
Speaker 2: I do love.
Speaker 1: Do you think it landed?
Speaker 2: I think it landed because there's an energy in this state. There's an energy that somehow entered the state when there was someone left. We're not going to talk about it. I just want you to know that a trade went down this offseason. In five minutes afterwards, both my kids texted me the words, hey, we can watch football together again.
Speaker 1: Would not to be fair. It wasn't even a trade. It was a release, sure rease. It wasn't even a release. It was a go sign somewhere else. And Chad came back into the fold in a spend time in the same room as him during a football like It's it's.
Speaker 2: All it's brought my family back together.
Speaker 1: It's brought your family back together. Let me tell you something. Of the many things you know about me, maybe near the top of the list is I'm a big no expectations guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to exist in a relationship. That's how I like to exist. Like, I think, the less expectations that there are placed upon me, the better I look to the people who count on me because they're like, oh my gosh, he's crushing it. It's great for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd like to get you a football jersey that says low bar on the back or wishy washy. I haven't decided which one, because watching is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Let's start with low bar and let's walk towards wishy washy because I think with said change, it's a great year to be a Vikings fan. There are some people that are down on what we can do and how far we can go. But let me tell you something. I like being counted out. I like that we're not sitting there talking about how far we have to get for this season to be a success. I like that everyone's over. If something great happens. Man, we didn't. We weren't expecting that set the bar low and let's leap over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it was doctor Seuss that said, set the expectations low. See how far you can go. We have some new arms, let's see how far they can throw. I think it was doctor Seuss that said that. And I bet you it's eight yards when it fourth and seven. Now, I would like to talk about how unacceptable it is to watch a football game with you. Come on, what do you do, Sybil? Your mood changes on such a level where it's like, I can't believe they're doing this too, this is the greatest team we've ever seen, and then right back down to I can't believe we're doing this. I like to hold I like to maintain my levels. Which are they should do that they're professionals versus what's happening right now. They're professionals. I don't hit a big I don't have a lot of ebbs and flows. I'm pretty much on a straight line.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why we're a great team. So that's why I think it's good for us to watch football together, because if you're the extra person watching football with us, you're getting the whole gambit of experiences. You're getting you're getting a guy who doesn't like to and I'm not trying to psychologically analyze you right now, but maybe that has something to do with you don't like to be let down, so you don't like to let yourself get built up. So stay in the middle. And over here, I'm a big emotion guy who likes to feel my feelings and I want to run to the top of the hill and then I want to be all the way down at the bottom of the valley. And so I think it works. And I think as Viking fans, I have to I have to assume you are the more wealth thought out, impressive one and I'm more of the norm. I think there are more SI Viking fans in the state of Minnesota than.
Speaker 2: Sigh, because there are a lot of SI Viking fans. I listen. I've been to Las Vegas when the Vikes are in the playoffs and the negative energy. I just want to walk around the room, just ambidexterously slapping people in the face, both fans. I don't care. I don't have a dominant hand when it comes to slapping. So I'm jazzed up for this season. I think it's going to be great. Everybody has us in the basement because of the the Chicago Draft and this Jordan love and all this, and that, you know, Detroit made it so far last year. Guess what, I don't see it. I don't see us in the base.
Speaker 4: Agree.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying. I don't see it either. I agree. I think I think this is a classic, and let's you know, let's let's tie it to something that the people can understand. I think this is your classic nineteen ninety one Minnesota twins hanging out in the basement. Next thing you know, they're sitting on the balcony. That's what I think is possible here. Now Am I telling myself that in this moment, and you're gonna get some text from me on Sunday that contradict that. Yeah, but I think if you can't handle me at my best, you don't deserve me at my worst. But can I I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna tell you something right now, I block you on Sundays. You know that also worse. The first feels incredible. I'm jazzed up. I think what's gonna happen is you know what a boxer is right handed? And then in the gym, no cameras allowed they train to be a southpaw, and then they come out in the first round and all the tapes the other boxer watched mean absolutely nothing because they trained to fight a right handed guy and now they're fighting a left handed guy. I'm jazzed up. I'm so excited about this season. I don't care if we're over. I am excited to see where this particular team, with its new leadership, can go well and.
Speaker 1: Can I can I double down on that because for me, it's the first time I've felt hope in a long time, even knowing that the ceiling might be lower this particular year, it felt like, since you know, essentially the Minnesota miracle, every single year after that, you're like, well, this is what we are, and it kind of feels like what we're gonna be. What we are is what we're gonna be. But there's this universe where this year, even after signing Darisaw, after signing Jefferson, after getting Grenard and free agency, they still have seventy five million ish dollars this offseason.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So let me let me let me paint you a pretty little scenario that I don't think is unrealistic. It's three things three things can happen. The first one is Jordan Addison, Yeah, takes a giant jump up. Now, you and I were at that San Francisco forty nine Ers game last year. We were in the building, and I think we both in betwixt some lunatic Niners fans trying to ruin your day. But I think we both left that game going, Oh, given the right opportunity, Jordan Addison might be a top twenty wide receiver in the whole league.
Speaker 2: I had him in fantasy last year and it was unbelievable. I don't even remember. At the end of the first half, an interception was thrown and Jordan Addison went and he took the ball from the d back and scored a touchdown. That's unbelievable, and that's the kind of stuff that we're going to be looking for from him.
Speaker 1: So imagine he takes that jump up this year. He's still on a couple of years of his rookie deal, right, and then you've got a guy like Ivan Pace Junior, who also showed up last year. Let's say he takes a jump up in this defense. He's also on an undrafted rookie deal, good low money contracts, they're overperforming. And then this guy that fell to us, Dallas Turner, that some people are like, oh, he's kind of Micah Parsons ish, dude, if he is a fraction of Micah Parsons early, all of a sudden, you have these three players who leap up, and you walk into next season with key pieces all over the roster, a cheap quarterback room, a rookie that's about to play, and seventy five million dollars. Dude, we might stumble into a super Bowl window. I said, I'm with you, oh for I don't care. It's about to me. It's about the next few years. And this is the first year that I've felt like, oh my gosh, there's a path. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've never been a sit and be patient for a rebuild, but I'm just excited to see to take the little glimpses of hope. And you know what, I'm not even writing them off this year. I refuse to do that because I'm I'm and I.
Speaker 1: Don't think we should. I'm just painting both sides of it. I think we can be enthused for this year but also have those parallel goals of win football games. But if We're in week eight and you're like, Hey, it turns out Dallas Turner is a stud out the Gate. That's an extra added piece of information that I am going to be excited about.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm excited about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about New York because I think you and I as comedians, we have a relationship with that city, and then as Minnesota sports fans, I don't have the anger that Twins fans do. I know we lost to the Yankees over and over, but I always got and over and over and over. But I always understood why. I never viewed them as the evil Empire. I always thought like what if, what if we did more better? Like that was my theory on that whole situation. So like I was pumped to an Alex Rodriguez bought the Timberolves because he's like a famous guy that can be held accountable. So that's a good thing for the But there's a lot of people in the state that are really anti New York, and I can get behind that. But I to me, most of my feelings about the city are based on what it's like to do stand up comedy there.
Speaker 2: Sure, and mine my feelings about the city at least in sports are going to a Twins game Game three. We had two games at home target Field, and then game three was there, and I bought tickets in the bleachers like a complete nonsensical fool, and immediately had my Twins hat on and was getting mustard packets opened and thrown at me. So I smelled like mustard and had orange stains all over a black jacket and then an hat, and then also I had beer port all over me, to the point where the security I came over and told my friend and I we should probably head out around the seventh inning because the subway is going to be filled with these guys going back. And it was a bad idea for us. So and they were winning the the Yankees were when the Yankees were winning, the Yankees were winning, yeah, make sure, because they swept. They swept the series, beat us too at home, and then the third one there.
Speaker 1: And for all the negative you know, energy you and I give to the state of Wisconsin, and some of it's deserved. For example that you know they don't emphasize reading in the schools and their cars are made out of cheese, stuff like that. You know they haven't they haven't allowed. I don't need to get into all this stuff. The point is, I mean, here's the deal. Wisconsin and Minnesota are the same state. If football is never invented, it's just one giant state. Yeah, I guess they're East Minnesota. I guess. My point is, as much as we complained about Packer fans, you can go, like I've told this story on the show before, we were in Lambeau for the Randy Moss Moon game, going nuts while they were getting throttled in the playoffs, and it wasn't like you got to a point where you're like, we should probably chill out just a little bit, you know. But it wasn't this uh oh, somebody's gonna beat my skull in on the subway vibe, right, And you you do have to give them credit for that, because I do find that to be true with with the New York Giants fans, with the Philadelphia Eagles fans. You just that's the sort of place where you're like, hey, Chad, Chad wore a jersey to a Yankees game, and so obviously somebody, you know, somebody beat him with a coffee mug outside the stadium. So he's not coming home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any place that has a jail in their own stadium for their fans. I don't need to go watch an away game there, can I.
Speaker 1: Ask you this whole greatest city on the planet thing. And I'm not here to criticize New York because I like parts of New York. But I have never in the times I've been there, I have never understood that. Is that something you have to say when you live there because you like you know, if you like, if you dig, like if your job is you work at the zoo, scoopid elephant. Yeah, you know, somewhere in the back of your brain you have to be like, well, I do good, hard work with my hands. You know. There has to be something you tell yourself. Yep, in between piles of elephant? Is that the thing in New York they do? They have to believe that so they don't go I'm in a concrete jungle. It's so loud, the doors are all too short, Yes, of course, I just I don't understand it. I can't get anyone from there to back to just be honest, because you could criticize Minnesota in some ways like the cold, and then I will break down and be honest about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the amount of rent checks that have to be rewritten because the ink gets smudged because people are crying is unbelievable. In New York. That's when you you have to tell yourself as you're writing a forty five hundred dollars check for to have a couch in your kitchen as your bed, and you're just like, this is this is the greatest city in the world. Of course, that's why I'm doing it. I mean, it's the only reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to feel about the Giants as a fan base. You know me, I don't. I dislike a lot of fan bases or like, excuse me, teams, not even the fan base. I know how I feel about the fan base the team. I dislike a lot of teams. The Giants have never really registered for me, even though there is a pretty long and unique history. Right, You've got forty one donut yep, Randy Moss squirting the refs, which is still pretty wild when you think about it.
Speaker 2: He rules so hard, so he's he broke great cash on me, dude.
Speaker 1: The fact that it's almost surprising that we've been through this much sports history and he's the only there's so many water bottles. He's the only guy who's ever been like what on a ref because he was mad? That's wild to me. Decades of sports, and we have no other tape of that. Uh so we've got that, We've got.
Speaker 2: Well, we do have that punk ass from Denver that threw a whole bunch of stuff on the court because he was thrown a fit against the Tea Wolves in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that we do have. We do have the NBA conspiracy of allowing Jamal Murray to continue to play despite his antics.
Speaker 3: Wild.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm a four year old. I like playing with a ball now.
Speaker 1: To be very clear, Jamal Murray, four year old. Randy Moss, cool guy, he absolutely, cool guy. Very different situations.
Speaker 2: You're you're throwing stuff out onto a court that could cause an injury versus playfully squirting a referee and mooning wisconsinites.
Speaker 1: Who who cares?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: But then you have our favorite, our mutual one of our mutual favorite Vikings of all time, Randall Cunningham King deep Ball, the man himself. Everybody thinks about ninety eight, but this is like, this is an interestingly forgotten part of Vikings history. They're playing the Giants in ninety seven in the playoffs. Cunningham comes in late as a replacement, drives him down the field sick ass touchdown, I believe to Chris Carter, they get an on side kick, march down the field with no time left, win the game. That's a big moment for sized childhood at that point pre ninety eight. That was the moment, and that was I know you followed Cunningham from the Eagles to the Vikings, right.
Speaker 2: I was tricked into being an Eagles fan because of the musical duo Crisscross. They wore all Eagle stuff in their video, and I thought, well, I like rap music, I'm going to be an Eagles fan. And then so I followed him over and I got to see when he came in initially for the first time. And that was the most exciting thing because I was at the Vikings game when it happened.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, in ninety eight, you were there in ninety eight when he came in for the first time. Here's another fun one. When you go down the history list, this is and it's in again this book of World records. So the Vikings became the first in two thousand and five November thirteen, two thousand and five, they became the first team to return a punt, a kick, and an interception for a touchdown all in one game to beat the New York Giants. I remember that game as a kid. I believe that was.
Speaker 2: The herschel Walker.
Speaker 1: It might it might not have been a It might have been a Marcus Cheryl's touchdown. I can't remember exactly who returned that, who returned the punt, but big, big fan of that. So I think my point is I don't even though you would think the forty one donut would have a massive effect on how I view this team. I'm not overly emotionally connected to them in a negative way like I am a lot of other fan bases. I just feel like this is the game to get. It's a tough matchup, but this is the game to get.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember before I have a story about this, but herschel Walker when he had a run from scrimmage, a touchdown reception of over ninety yards, a run from scrimmage touchdown over ninety yards, and a kickoff return over ninety yards.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was a thing at all. That's the wildest thing. It's the real thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I'd like to tell you about when I watched the last game. I think that I watched the Vikings and the Giants play was I was in Sacramento, California, and it was a playoff game. Vikings worth three seed and it's a couple of years ago. Yep, Giants were six seed, and you know the three and the six. So you go, well, this the good odds for us, and it wasn't going great. And then there's a knock at my door and I think, like I ordered food and forgot or something. So I go to the door and it's two armed security guards with their hands on their guns. And I didn't know what was going on. I was like, hey, it's happening. I was a little nervous because I was holding the door and my hand was behind the door, and they kept looking at it. And this felt very wild Westy because their hands were kind of like doing the little quiver over by their gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had the Clint Eastwood ready to go thing going on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the little flippy thing was already flipped. And so I just go, hey, what's going on? And they said, we have a domestic disturbance. Complain about this room, and I said, well, there's no way about this room. There's no chance because I've been here all by myself. You don't believe me, Why don't you come in here and try to bend this sock? And nobody laughed. I thought it was funny. There was no sock spoiler alert, but I thought it was funny to say to them. Anyways, they have to come in my room to make sure no one's in there, and I still don't know what's going on, and so they're like, hey, do this, do this, do this, and they don't find anybody, and they go, hey, we have a witness in the in the hallway that heard this go down. I'm like, well, we better talk to him. So I get out there, and there's this lady and she goes I was walking by this room and I heard a man yell get on the ground. And I sat there for a second and I was like, that is not something I would say. And then I thought, oh, I bet you heard a man yell get him on the ground. You big, because I have the under and they are running all over us. And so I was screaming at my TV. Oh did we all laugh at that? And then I said, can I go back in the room and they said, yep, absolutely, sorry for bothering you, and I said, no problem. And then I shut the door and I yelled stay under the bed. And I've never heard people knock louder. It's like all three of them picked a different spot on the door and started pounding. It was crazy. But that is my recollection of New York Giants Minnesota Vikings playoff football.
Speaker 1: You're the King and I love you a lot. Thank you for doing this first episode, and we will see you on the other things that we do.
Speaker 4: School.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was the great Chad Daniels joining us here on the first episode of the Tailgate. Remember you can check out his tour dates at chaddaniels dot com or check out his amazing Netflix special Empty Nester. Streaming Now broke it down a little bit from the Viking side. Talked about, you know, the expectations, what we're looking for, which I do think despite having those expectations, the first game of the year is a big one because when you look at our when you look at our our schedule the first seven after New York, given what people did last year, they are not necessarily easy. So we focused on the season with old Dad Chaniels. Now let's get into focusing on what's going on with New York. We're gonna jump over in the next part of the show, and like I said, we're gonna talk to Chris DiStefano and Mike Cannon. To lifelong die hard Giants fans, we are also fantastic comedians. So we will be right back here on the Vikings Tailgate, brought to you by Ticketmaster, the official ticket marketplace of the Minnesota Vikings. Joining us to talk all things Giants, ladies and gentlemen, Chris DiStefano and Mike Cannon. Boys, I need your perspective on something because your team delivered my team one of the most historic ass kickings in our franchise history, NFC Championship game. We call it forty one donut. There's a name for it in town here. That's like, we have this horrible celebration of awful moments. I need to know from your perspective. Does that game ring as a moment that you ever think about? Is this one of those things where we think about you and you don't think about us, Because I mean, moss squirting the water bottle that was a wild moment for me as a child.
Speaker 4: I remember the first half.
Speaker 5: Then I was pretty much out drunk for the rest of it, so I remember, so I kind of saw the forty one nothing the next morning in the middle of a hangover.
Speaker 3: I think I'm similar.
Speaker 6: I remember trying to use that victory, like I remember Kerry Collins and all of a sudden he showed up and being very exciting. But I was fifteen, and I think I tried to use the Giant's victory to like pick up a girl or something like that, and she just couldn't have shown less interest. So I just kind of immediately was like, all right, I forgot about that game pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: That's I forgot. It was Carrie Collins. I mean Carry Colin. Anybody who's in the NFL, that's great, but it's not like it was to Eli or even Kurt Warner when he was there for a cup of coffee. It was to Carry Collins. Yeah, that feels nice.
Speaker 4: That hurts the worst. It's like, yeah, you lost forty one nothing to a man named Carry. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He also wasn't Wasn't there some report afterwards where you guys tried to make something of signs stealing or like something.
Speaker 1: Hey, there was no report. There's a lot of people well that feel like there was a lot of evidence that we could not ever prove. Yeah, that's the sort of thing that you could, uh that goes at the top of the conspiracy theory sports list. Here's a question for you. How many years has it been since somebody has repeated in the NFT East. Hasn't it been like twenty years or something?
Speaker 3: Gotta have been.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what it's like to have Dallas, Philly, and Washington on every side. Do you enjoy that insanity? Do you like that it's jokers from every side?
Speaker 3: I don't mind that.
Speaker 6: I mean the thing about New York, though, is it's such a it's a destination so people so that we have Dallas fans living amongst us, we have Philly fans living amongst us. We have a bunch of comedian friends that are from Philadelphia that are in New York and they are loud about their support. So it's, you know, it's it just gets it. It gets confrontational pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's that's the tricky thing with the Packers. They live. No one's like I'm gonna build my business in Appleton, Wisconsin. They come to Minneapolis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think as New Yorkers, you know, we're just you know, kind of know that where you know the best city. And even if we're not winning the NFC East, it's like, what do you want to live in Dallas? Who cares win all the champions? It doesn't matter. I want to go there. They could triple the tax right in New York.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm not leaving.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the problem with Dallas is you start to I think as you get older. You know, you love sports when you're a little kid in a certain way, and you love them, I think usually different when you're an adult. And then you see the guys who don't You're like, I didn't know you could throw a stadium chair onto the field right there? Are there are people you tend to love them differently. But I think as you get older you kind of recognize that the space that it takes to be a normal person while also loving your team. But one of my I don't know if you guys know, Blake Wexler. He's a very funny comic. He's out of Philadelphia, and I would argue the sweetest human person I've ever met. Until he walks into a sporting event, you can't even imagine. The Philly thing is a unique beast. And I agree with you. I do think it needs to be celebrated. I don't want to be a part of it. Yeah, I don't want to be I don't even want to be against it. But I like from afar. It's like watching Jerry Springer. It's on the TV. It's fun to see from a distance.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. And it's sad too, because you know, I love this country.
Speaker 5: It's sad that our national animal is the ego and then but also the Philadelphia they have that animal. But I will say Philly bothers me, but not as much as Dallas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Philly, you almost root for them because they're they're blue collar, they're you know, they're trying to come up. Dallas has this arrogance and entitlement to their success that really rubs me the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what it.
Speaker 1: Is, Mike, Yeah, it's it's and it comes with so we we Historically the hail Mary, if you will, The term was coined Drew Pearson cheated and pushed off, and it was cheating. He cheated, he pushed off they got into like so we have. There is a unique level of disdain for the cowboys in our area too, and that is what it is. I get that you won the Super Bowls, it's a long time. It's really the guy who's like, do you remember when I ran for sixteen hundred yards in high school?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But like, dude, you're forty nine. Man, your kids can't read. Why don't we focus on that? Ye, here's a question for you, because you talked about this on a podcast and then everybody was got really upset Chris. But it's something that I have said forever. Adults in Jerseys, let me give you my view on it, and let me see if we're walking the same path here. I think it's like, you know, when you meet somebody with a weird hobby and you're like, that's great. You're into a weird thing and you love it so much. But then the moment that person is an a hole, you're like, God, I'm gonna burn you down, I'm gonna destroy everything. That's how I feel about adults in Jerseys. If you see him at a game with their kids high five and like, isn't this great?
Speaker 5: Jason?
Speaker 1: Like good for you? The moment they do something wrong, you're like, I'm gonna torture you for this decision.
Speaker 6: That is the best part about it, though, is I almost look at it as they're giving you the keys to break their heart, like they're providing all the information necessary for you to destroy everything that they stand for, because you know that they don't have much else. If their rocket, if they have a ton of jerseys, those people are hanging onto that for dear life. So that is really they're just open for business if they're if there.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I'll wear a jersey here and there. But I kind of I did always kind of feel weird, especially now. I mean, I'm forty years old. It's hard for me to be like I want to buy it. It's it's either I'm buying a jersey of a guy who I'm fifteen years older than, or I'm buying the jersey of a guy who was around my age, who's doing ten times is.
Speaker 4: Better than me in life. So either way, I'm like, I don't want to buy it.
Speaker 3: Dude, me too.
Speaker 6: There's nothing more off putting than seeing a dude with gray hair wearing a jersey.
Speaker 3: They just don't Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know this gets over talked about, but you when you're young, you can really dismiss the fact that guys your age are millionaires because you're like, well, you're a you were gifted with a special thing, and someday I'll get mine. But then when you're like forty and those guys are retired, and you're like, ah, I was supposed to have spent this time getting mine.
Speaker 4: I literally in my brain.
Speaker 5: I mean I literally turned forty a week or two ago, and I swear the other day I was thinking, because I just thought about the same thought since I've.
Speaker 4: Been a kid.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, I still have the chance to make the NBA, even though I haven't played basketball in twenty years. It's it's not possible, But in my head, I'm like, because I've always thought that eventually I'll make the NBA, because I've bet, you know, because I played on the high school beateam.
Speaker 1: That makes me actually feel better about myself because every time I would go in a gym to shoot jumpers, it was never just like I'm shooting jumpers. It was like, ah, no, no, no, I could get that one, like you said, like, and then you start fantasizing you're like, all it would take is me, Like, what happens if somebody is there, somebody up there watching. You have that fantasy that somebody sees you hit threes because you know you can't play defense in the league, but they're like, you can hit. Look at this dude. Put him in the corner. He hit a big three. He's used to being in front of people. This is this makes sense.
Speaker 6: The amount of times that I shot around in my front driveway while keeping an eye on the road for a college scout to drive by slowly. It's such a humiliating amount.
Speaker 4: It's like stand up comedy too.
Speaker 5: It's like you like, we'll be doing a show wherever at a club in New York and then well, you know, somebody will be like, oh man, right after you left, you know, Louis c k walked in and you and I'm like, oh, that could have been my chance, Like what is he going to do? See my stand up and be like, hey, you know what, I want to give you the money, all the money that I made on Louie and all my specials.
Speaker 4: I want to give it to you.
Speaker 5: I want to give you the money and give you the credit. Like we have these warp images of what people can even do for us.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you get older, like, because there is a point where you naturally, even if you were like I was the aged as well as Tom Brady, you get to the point where, like I would clearly be retired. Now do you think your brain transitions into be like and obviously I would coach. Do you think you transition into that part of it?
Speaker 3: I already have.
Speaker 6: I've been looking for exit plans from comedy, so I'm considering doing high school coaching at some point. But Lebron is I don't know about you guys, but Lebron is literally my last bastion of hope in terms of feeling a connection to pro sports. The fact that he's thirty nine, almost forty, the exact same age as me, and I'm just like, well, he's still playing, so I could.
Speaker 3: I could probably, you know, I could get out there for ten minutes.
Speaker 4: If Lebron can do it's so can I?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Very obviously, very obviously. I mean it's a movie that screwed my You guys are Knicks fans, so this will connect or you'll hate it. But I like the movie Eddie to me, Yes, that was like cemented into my brain. For I was like, well, Eddie, I mean, anything's possible if Eddie happened. I had like, you don't realize how niche of a movie that is. And until you're a little older, Like you remember Eddie where whoopies the coach of the Knicks, Like, what the hell are you talking about? It's not a movie.
Speaker 6: There's an image from that movie that is stuck in my head till now, and I hadn't thought of it in a long time, but the horse walking on the court in sneakers. Dude, that image of the owner out there with his cowboy hat and the horse like.
Speaker 3: That is just etched in my brain.
Speaker 5: Old school Larry Johnson, grandmama Larry Johnson was seized. Yeah, and we're ten years older than he was, right now.
Speaker 1: That's right. He seemed so old. Let's talk a little bit about the game. We have a hard schedule to start the year, and everybody is free, like, you gotta get this one. This is the wind. They're not like they have built the giants up as like if you're gonna get one, you get this one. If you don't get this one, you might as well just walk out into the ocean is are you, But we are kind of slated over on our end as having a tough year with our division having out and better and Kirk being gone, and so are you guys looking at it the same way, like, well, if we can't get this one, what the hell are we gonna do?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, obviously Saquon Barklay, you know, leaving going to the Eagles.
Speaker 4: That hurts and sucks. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm one of those guys. I just have faith in Daniel Jones. I don't nobody else does.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 5: I drafted him in my fantasy draft two days ago, and.
Speaker 4: The crowd what nuts.
Speaker 5: They could not believe that I took him, and I was like, I'm a loyal New Yorker, dude.
Speaker 4: I think Daniel Jones is gonna be the MVP.
Speaker 1: That's that's so endearing.
Speaker 3: I think it's all about the beard.
Speaker 1: You're like the dad who has to draft all Ohio State players because that's his favorite college team. Like, I don't think you should have taken Injigba in the first round. That's not what anybody had ranked.
Speaker 6: I love Chris has so much faith though, because that's like the opposite of the New York media, and it's so indicative of some of the New York fans though. It's like we'll ride it to the to the wheels fall off, man, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you guys?
Speaker 1: Is there a big split like that where because the media is the way it is, are there some fans that are like, I don't want to hear it. Daniel Jones is the first ballot, like, don't don't tell me this. Like, and here's the thing. I would say, in most fan bases you'd be like, that's a loaded But in your guys' fan bases, you've twice as wild card, run through the playoffs, won a super Bowl, one time you beat an undefeated super team. Like there's it's like you have the unfortunate AMMO. For the psychology of that.
Speaker 5: I can understand Daniel Jones, like the conversation there, But I mean the people that try to look Mike and I in the face and tell us Eli Manning is in a Hall of Famer, where like, are you out of your mind?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That people still even bring that up. Yes, he's a Hall of He's a Hall of Famer. I mean, yeah, he's he's the only part. I mean, he's he's amazing, He's a Hall of Famer, and he's got the face of a toddler.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: When you watch the fact that all those Mannings are now, you know, titans of industry. You do look at Eli and it's in possible not to like him, where you're like, oh god, he's by far was the least Peyton was obviously the most popular, like it got all the attention, and he clearly has that little brother like I'm just gonna be like funny and kind of weird and mean. He's got that vibe to him. It's impossible not to like him.
Speaker 6: He has maybe the best dumb poker face on planet Earth, too, and that clearly comes from just getting tortured by his older brother and him not just showing weakness. He's like, all right, if I just stay stoic and dumbfaced, he'll eventually walk away from frustration.
Speaker 1: I saw this thing. They had some stupid graphic online where they had the highest winning percentage in NFL history, and they ranked him one all the way to thirty two, and the Vikings were way up. I think they were like six or something all time. But then what they did underneath the win percentages is they put the amount of super Bowls, but they actually put the like the little Lombardi a Lombardi, a Lombardi, So all the top twelve teams, multiple Lombardies, Vikings zero, So that hurts. And then you scroll all the way down. You guys have a historically low win percentage, but a hilarious amount of super Bowls to go with it. It's like you drive into a bad neighborhood and you're like, are there six? Are there six lexuses in that driveway? Like it's it is the thing that I would as a Viking fan who We've won a lot of games forever, I'm so jealous of that. Does that does it carry the years of losing those titles? Does it get through them or does it make it worse when you don't get more of them?
Speaker 6: I mean, I personally, I could go my whole life without another super Bowl. Those two super Bowls led by Eli Manning were at such a perfect point in my life that I'm good, I'm held over forever.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 5: I kind of feel like as long as the Giants get in the playoffs, I know that just we're just all confident that they can do anything because of what they've done. It's the opposite of the Cowboys. The Cowboys are just like, oh yeah, we're good in the regular season and then fall apart. But I'd rather be I'd rather be the Giants, where we just i mean, you're just kind of mad at them for about four months. You're just angry with them, and then they pull it together. It's like a It's like, you know, like a kid who's doing bad in school and then at the end he's just banging, just gets a hundred, you know.
Speaker 1: On somebody who's just a killer at test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he doesn't. We were like, yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Crushed it, all right. Tell me tell me about the special Gang, Mike, tell me where we can get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it's at YouTube dot com slash Chris d Comedy Chris.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is his first production he did.
Speaker 6: He's doing me a huge solid by putting it up on his YouTube and we filmed it at at New York Comedy Club in Stanford, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: It's a I'm really pumped about it.
Speaker 6: It's a really good hour and uh it looks beautiful directed by Nicole Lyons, and uh, yeah, I'm just super stoked.
Speaker 5: Mike absolutely destroyed, like genuinely like he crushed.
Speaker 4: So watch it. It's it's an amazing special.
Speaker 5: And and you for me go to Christycomedy dot com for all my dates. I'm up there on YouTube dot com slash Christy Comedy to see Mike Kennon special.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys are the best. We really appreciate you spending a few minutes with us.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thanks man, Thank you Bro.
Speaker 1: Thanks again to all of our great guests today, Chad Daniels, Christy Stefano, and Mike Cannon. We really appreciate them joining the show. Please check out their Netflix specials, check out their YouTube specials, check out their road dates. They're great, They're fantastic. Finally, thank you again to Ticketmaster, the official ticket marketplace of the Minnesota Vikings. We appreciate you supporting the show and we will see all of you again next week