Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books. Again. That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power, written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcasts, Weezy. Make sure y'all get that. Now let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy B. Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Hey y'all, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. I'm your host, Mandy B. And Baby, we are getting into all the things up first, of course, as per you, we're starting with some ignorant shit and John had quite the ignorant thought this week, and you know it. Listen, it's gonna be good. It's gonna be good, and this is America. We're talking a stand your ground case where the NAACP is questioning a judge and his decisions. Then right or wrong? Are you able to curse in yo Uber because technically you the customer and ain't the customer always right? Or when you're in somebody's space, should you abide by their rules? We're getting into what's right and what's wrong. And then we're getting into the LGBTQ plus Virgin Voyage cruise that was denied entry into Turkey and Egypt because of the country's moral standards. Now we're gonna lean into the conversation of well, why do you want to go somewhere where you ain't welcome? Then in celebrities say the darness things we are talking about, right message, wrong messenger. Tristan Thompson gives advice to Clay Thompson. We're talking about a white man who says that he doesn't want a black woman that looks like Lorilla and sexy red. And then Stephen, a Smith's daughter, says that she will love him from a distance, but baby, he can't come live with her. When you get old, What are your thoughts on what your parents gonna do when they get old, Can they come and live with you? We might get a little toxic today. And I'm really excited because we are joined by the OG crew. Everybody's here. Let's start with my superb producers.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: We got journalism Jason up in Jersey joining us. Wow, you just be working. You just don't be available. You don't be bringing charges. You be leaving us mid show with a dead laptops.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to get right. You shall got my mic arm now here. I'm trying to get the studio right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you look real legit now. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 4: I like I'm trying to match your vibe over there.
Speaker 3: I got lights coming.
Speaker 4: I'm be doing things soon, not the lights.
Speaker 1: No, I'm excited. We're uh trying to plan a trip. We're literally in conversations with Black Effect to get the whole team up to New York and you know, get all of us in the same room.
Speaker 3: We gotta have a group shot.
Speaker 1: You know. You know what, Now we make the trip to New York, we're gonna do the nineteen forty two. We're gonna do they too. Jason, what you'll be drinking. I do forty two.
Speaker 3: I know you would do forty two.
Speaker 1: But what do you drinking? What you what? You you be on whiskey because we didn't drink.
Speaker 4: I'm big whiskey. You are to walk, Give me a Johnny Walker and get out my way. I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: You're such a grown man, Johnny.
Speaker 3: Walker crypto.
Speaker 1: Y'all that other boys comes from none other than the O G. Pot legend. A king of the building from New York. Just landing off a flight, straight off fight with It's Chris White.
Speaker 3: T after cancel flight after you.
Speaker 1: You be dealing with, You be dealing with the airline.
Speaker 3: You know what it is? The weather.
Speaker 2: The weather is very moody right now, and you could guarantee if it's if it's flashed on warning and you got a flight to catch in New York on the East Coast, it's probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You know what else I noticed too, Atlanta will be quick to ground and not let flights go out like Atlanta. And I didn't know, because it's such a big fucking airport. I didn't think it would be that much issues. It's always something with Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing too, is what I'm now learning having these experiences is that the planes are not coming in or they're delayed from.
Speaker 3: Their origin because of the weather.
Speaker 2: So once the once they figure out two or three times, that's pretty much.
Speaker 3: You know, that's their window. That's it. Then you gotta rebook if you can rebook.
Speaker 2: In my case, I think I was supposed to come back Saturday, and there was no flights with the Green, the Green and.
Speaker 3: White until until Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Oh ship.
Speaker 3: So what I did was, oh, I didn't tell you all this part. No, oh Jay.
Speaker 2: I was in Philly. I had to go to Philly. I had to leave from Philly. I had to drive the Philly.
Speaker 1: All the way to Philly to catch a flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to, Holy Ship, I had to.
Speaker 2: But there was nothing going out unless you wanted to pay fifteen hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 1: But probably rich Man, we're not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't have the points like men remix nah, but seriously, that was my only option. I was like, this is I was gonna go on. There's a new airline that leads out of the small Mark, the small airports Avello. I think it's a bellow A V e l O.
Speaker 3: I was gonna do.
Speaker 2: That, but I would have had to go to Connecticut that comes to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: But I ain't gonna just that.
Speaker 1: We got ANBA anything. I am flying no new airline that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all operate a little on the got your home, I know, but a king.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you didn't take a vellow. I just looked it up. They started as Casino Express Airlines.
Speaker 3: See you. Yeah, my brother made a good decision. Yeah that's not no, that's.
Speaker 1: Like that sounds like some mobsters just throw yeah yeah yeah, waste management and they probably was able to cop them Spirit flight. Yeah for the fifteen thousand they were Trump was trying to bomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no ship. That sounds yeah, that sounds like.
Speaker 1: I had a dude ask yeaheah.
Speaker 3: Pal give it to the moon and yn they get on that ship getting give it to the movie. Hey, y'all him.
Speaker 1: We got the King of adline none other than Jason joh Lee.
Speaker 3: Pod blessing all the yet niggas, what up?
Speaker 1: What up? What up?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 4: Not you?
Speaker 1: I mean we what is the fit today? Because you got the mickey out? Yeah, like you want a Disney World.
Speaker 5: The fifty Day is is playful. I don't say I feel youthful in my spirit. I love that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: What's that happening?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, my big Spanish it today too.
Speaker 1: Jason, you right to have before I did, because I know, you know what.
Speaker 4: I could my eyes stopped working after a certain time of the day.
Speaker 3: I couldn't see it. But ya ya yeah, yeah, yeah, big big tomorrow energy. Well let's let's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into uh you and your ignorant thoughts, and let's let's have a little combo.
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah. So the other day I was this is a random thought.
Speaker 5: This wasn't even really sparked by anything in particular, but I was thinking about, you know, like we got this election coming up in November, the mid terms, we do twenty eight, We got a new presidential election, and we know it seems like nobody knows what's going to happen in this presidential election, right, Like we're pretty sure jd Vance is going to run for the other side, but like who else might pop out the woodwork, We don't know. We talked a little bit a few weeks ago about Kamala looks like she might be trying to dip her toe back into this thing, but like there's gonna be some unexpected things that pop up, candidates whatnot. So I was thinking like who could be the next president and not just who could be the next president, but like what minority group could become has the best chance of becoming like next Already? I feel like this is some shit that would end up on Calci or on prize pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Could be six to seven you said group. Yeah, so like, is the next president going to be like a straight black woman? Is the next president going to be somebody in the LGBTQ community? Is could the next president be somebody Muslim, somebody Latino? Like what what underrepresented group could be like the dark horse to become the next president.
Speaker 4: President or the next Democrat nominee?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's that is a more specific question that limits the amount of people because it was like, is THEREAMI like cut his way and boot lick his way to becoming like the time Republicans on the Republican side, Right, but yeah, if if you're talking about Democrat versus Republican, yeah, Jay, I think that limits narrows the field a little bit.
Speaker 1: Ignorant. I'm gonna go ahead and just say it. A straight black woman's at the bottom of the total that's gonna be. I think I think.
Speaker 3: Hold on the last, Okay, damn, I think what.
Speaker 1: Else has the least Muslim?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I was last.
Speaker 1: I think that the country is still so ignorant to Muslim We are all still it still almost seems still very fresh from not eleven.
Speaker 2: Even here was to justify their racing ignorant take is that every day that well, not only that.
Speaker 1: I am hoping he sues the dog ship out of there. But did y'all see the recent Muslim guy whose phone just went off into the prayer, but it's one of his alarms and the flight attendant alerted. They detoured and did an emergency stop in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: If you can't actually in Atlanta, they.
Speaker 1: Did an emergency stop in Atlanta. I think they were heading to Florida. Could you look this up to see what airline it was? I hold this man sued the dog ship out of this airline. Literally it was just his phone that came off, but it was just a prayer.
Speaker 4: Southwest airlines there, we got all.
Speaker 3: Southwest airlines.
Speaker 4: Could you read what happened in this case, Jason Yes, Southwest Airlines flight traveling from Tennessee to Florida was diverted and made an emergency landing in Atlanta after a passenger's phone along arm trigger the device played the the Islamic called a prayer, which caused concern confusion among crew members.
Speaker 3: And that is the next level.
Speaker 1: And I want to say racist, but it's just ignorance ship.
Speaker 3: But I will say I will say this though.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear Tennessee to Florida, right, so let's we know the demographic of that plane.
Speaker 1: The fighters alerted and diverted the plane to an emergency landing.
Speaker 4: He l even better if if it brings you comfort. They just described it as a misunderstanding, and they didn't.
Speaker 3: I am the suit of dogs ship matilt misunderstanding?
Speaker 2: Well, why couldn't they process what that was in real time rather than having to stop the whole plane and inconvenience.
Speaker 1: Old these people ignorance?
Speaker 3: Because what you could google this ship? Oh ship, that's they're about to do the like. But but what does like if you the flight attendant and you hear Arabic prayer, like, what does that mean? Like the hot is coming? Like, what do you say because you heard Arabic words mean? Did they say what type the person? The fight attendant was?
Speaker 1: Of course white?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel I feel like it has to be.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not gonna lie. Black people are also ignorant too, muscle.
Speaker 3: But I don't think we would. I don't think you start the point.
Speaker 5: I think I think it was black attendants. I feel like they were amongst themselves, like hey, they.
Speaker 3: Say, hey, hey, sir, can you turn that down? It'll be one of those right, we'll make it about the noise and not the prayer. Correct, So you know what, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna lie now talking about this Muslim is below?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think Muslim, how long did a long play?
Speaker 3: Two checkings? Maybe he was probably sleep And that's what the whole way.
Speaker 1: Mostly I said, Muslim is below a black woman, and then okay, tricky, here we go. I actually think I actually think that the next the the next president could be I would want to say half though I think Latino.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think they.
Speaker 1: I think if we had a president running that was maybe not even Puerto Rican because the white still don't even know that's a part of the US.
Speaker 3: But a half like like Puerto Rican. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna say like a like a.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have to be port It doesn't have to be a Puerto Rican because you can be You could be American born and be Latino from another country, right, true, like because it's just about being born in that's done camp run.
Speaker 5: Right, which is also probably why they're going so hard with birth right citizenship because.
Speaker 3: They don't they don't. They probably don't. They're trying to eliminate options.
Speaker 1: That's what it's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 2: So I'm just thinking of connection to the country. That's why I'm saying Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Well did I did skip the lgbt Q plus, But I will go out on a lemon, say we don't already have to gay president. He was just on the down load. Like I believe that a few of these niggas, if you even the little curls they.
Speaker 3: Was wearing back in the day, it was just it was well they say Eisenhower was like playing that game. He didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Here we go, come out and what they said about Alaho tell the people.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I thought there was I don't want to thing. Yes, there was rumors.
Speaker 1: But Amy, Dad, what you gonna do?
Speaker 4: We just questioned, do you think Trump has tendencies?
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy Trump is if if Trump was in the closet, I would one hundred percent believe he was a bottom because only because do y'all see on South Park? And maybe this is me just really believing he got that little strip dick like they show in South Park. I'm like, where is that going?
Speaker 3: I think Trump like pumpum. I don't think he's I don't I think he's like.
Speaker 2: Because if you look at like Trump his early day, like seventies and eighties, how he was very high profile celebrity in linelight.
Speaker 3: He loved women. He just be around women a lot. You never had no.
Speaker 4: But the people, the people who talk about women too much. It's like it's like the red flag and it's like, oh, gorgeous women, Like I love women, women, women, women.
Speaker 5: Well that's the thing about Eisenhower, right, what I was gonna say, he looked it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was trying to make sure I had this right because I didn't want to say it the wrong way.
Speaker 5: So Eisenhower, when he was in office, he purged LGBT people from federal jobs. They called it the lavender Scare, where it was like anybody who he thought was gay, rumored to be gay, thought was living in a quote unquote alternative lifestyle.
Speaker 3: He wanted all of those people purged.
Speaker 5: And it was an actual law that he signed in like the fifties, I believe about getting gay lesbian people out of the federal government. So to me, that speaks to the same thing Jay's talking about, Like, you hate gay people too much.
Speaker 3: Then you probably, like I, trying to compensate for something.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to have interactions with other people, identify, identify who might see him, and be like, eliminate.
Speaker 3: My, you know, in that community, and then he could have free ranks, right, he could do his things.
Speaker 5: So it was never confirmed, but that was always the thing that people kind of talked about.
Speaker 3: What it was, like, why are you going so hard?
Speaker 1: I do want to say there was another president with speculations, President James Buchanan. You never married and had a very close friendship with William Rufus King who also never married.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, so.
Speaker 1: You know what of the minority groups, great, great ignorant conversation too. I would say a Latino gonna take office.
Speaker 3: Off about this A Latin woman? No, so that was gonna be my next question though, think a Latin.
Speaker 2: Women because of what we've seen in terms of galviny galvanizing communities, galvanizing an agenda.
Speaker 3: What we the sample size that we have now, I'm gonna I would think this is gonna be a lot of.
Speaker 5: People think AOC is gonna put her name in, So we'll see how had the spirit and the energy to go forward.
Speaker 3: To do that thing.
Speaker 5: That would be my next question is which of these could cross over? Like could we have a gay Muslim president? Could we have all due respect?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: Do this.
Speaker 3: You only get.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, like like those cross streams and Muslim and gay, Yeah, there might be, but I thought that goes Christianity too, but it's gay Christians like they don't care about what the Bible says and they live their life because I've never seen I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you're not going to see a gay Muslim.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's probably they have to be out there, just the numbers that don't have to be I just never you know, I thought.
Speaker 1: There was do you be at the monsques?
Speaker 3: Not at the monque? But I've been around like, you know, you ever been a avenue Bedford?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in their bedrooms? You don't know what they do behind closed door?
Speaker 5: Like hold on there now that we're talking about that, are there any publicly out Muslim gay celebrities what I'm saying, I'm really.
Speaker 3: Thinking about it now, Like damn, I don't know if they're I don't know if I could name it.
Speaker 5: Maybe over there, maybe overseas, there's people who have, you know whatever, But in America, in American society, I don't. I can't think of anybody who's openly gay and Muslim.
Speaker 1: I mean in America.
Speaker 4: A dude from a queer eye for what the guy Tom France or whatever is he is a Muslim, He's Muslim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just it says, yes, there are many gay Muslims navigated the intersection of faith and sexuality can be complext droughe to traditional interpretations. Numerous individuals to identify as both progressive organizations and welcoming communities. Exists to support the LGBTQ plus Muslims through social and family acceptance.
Speaker 3: Those social and family except.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna just ignorant.
Speaker 3: Ha.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're supposed to be sort of hope, but we're not saying it did. Letting us informing us that this exists. Okay, shout out.
Speaker 1: To the you know, so, then let's let's put a bow tie on this conversation with for the twenty twenty eight presidential election. Do we have a minority bucket candidate or is it still too early for that? I mean, clearly maybe Kamala.
Speaker 3: We do, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not Kamala or AOC. It's just gonna be white men running the table. It's definitely how I'm putting it on white men.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Okay, because the.
Speaker 5: Way it's lining up, it sounds like it would be Kamala, AOC, Gavin Newsome and maybe jos Shapiro Jo Shapiro.
Speaker 3: Here like that, and that would probably that sounds like the most likely for that.
Speaker 1: ALC would be running for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she's ready for that yet. I don't, but there's been speculation about what is she going to do.
Speaker 4: Over the time more time in Congress than Obama did when he ran.
Speaker 3: That's true, her profile is probably higher than his.
Speaker 2: She does have a higher problem than him at the time, so at the time, but we can't play tip for tat here either.
Speaker 3: It's like this is the stakes is high right now.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, it's like you got to put your biases aside and say, yo, I don't want to be locked up in cages.
Speaker 3: That's simple.
Speaker 5: Well, the question will become it's really not about the Democrats. The question would be is how many cal we're asking this, how many Republicans can we could get on this train if that was the case.
Speaker 4: But John, do you really think it's Do you think it's that versus like just getting the Democrats excited to come out, because you know, sometimes it's like they lose because of like low terms. If you want to flip a Republican as much as you'll get a Democrat to just sit home because like I imagine a lot of Democrats would sit home because they would be tired of Kamala because they're saying she did it before extension of Biden.
Speaker 3: I'm just not going to vote.
Speaker 5: Well, the question, I guess I asked that because in the era of Maga is like we saw Republicans basically like hold their nose and vote for Trump, and we saw Republicans who said, I voted for him once, I can't do it no more.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm curious at the Republicans knowledge of DeSantis and what he stands for, because if DeSantis puts his hat in the in the race, I'm really coming from a Floridian voter and what he's done at, you know, in Florida over the past. I don't know he's been there.
Speaker 3: For a little while now, but definitely over the past.
Speaker 1: But I would be very curious to know if there would be any switch within the Republican voters as to wanting to get someone probably more evil and wicked than what we have right now in office. And I don't know if people are aware that DeSantis is probably worse than Trump, if anyone can imagine somebody worse than Trump on policy and hate for He passed the He's the one that removed the critical race theory out of the schools. He passed the you can't say gay bill. He's very anti.
Speaker 5: Everything was on Disneyland to not was it? I think it was de I and yeah it might have been even been LGBTQ stuff, But he.
Speaker 1: Was aligned with marijuana being lee a lot of ship that if he came in and start just I would want you all to do y'all research on DeSantis, because baby, that is the devil and.
Speaker 4: We do not want, we do not want to go on high heels.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and he on the.
Speaker 3: The criss crossy with oh yeah crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Well Andrew, Okay, now before we get to this is America this week. Hello, gotta do a double down or take it back? And you know what, this past week has been quite interesting. I do have a clip to play if you have been living under a rock and didn't hear this clip recently went viral. So let's go ahead and play the clip that got everybody's paintings in a bunch over the last week. Agree everything that you have if you're a woman that is focused on making more, having your own career, bringing your own money, absolutely I think. Okay, so this is gonna be my hot take and no shade to either. And I know I think marriage is for broke bitches, and so I think a woman who wants to be married is leaning more into the patriarchy and wants to be essentially possibly taking care of how their man is the leader. All of the ideals for me of what marriage looks like is that. So I just saw my friends recently this weekend. She like, did you want to be married? And I literally said, yeah when I was poor as a woman who can now like provide for herself, also doesn't want motherhood and also sees a lot of these celebrity women now having to continue working because they have to pay Allalony. I mean, we have even podcasters now paying Alaloni shout out to Rachel lindsay like, there's all these people that once you make a certain amount of money, if if your man doesn't, you have to pay them out. And I just don't want to say that. I don't want to be that. So I listened to this and I'm like, this is what everyone is so up in arms about. By the way, I want to clarify something. This episode released in August of twenty twenty five. So this is a conversation regarding my views on marriage, sitting with two people who at the time did not yet have an engagement ring, but was talking about how much they both wanted to be engaged to be married. So Cammy and Weezy, both at the time of this episode, were not married, and so in a conversation with two women that want to be married, and as a woman who does not seek marriage, this was my hot take, and of course, yes the delivery was awful. Okay, but maybe it's a podcast, I gotta make it a little spicy to be fair. I genuinely am someone that didn't grow up wanting or thinking about my white dress or what venue or the ring shape that I wanted, And even now today as a woman with my own I just don't seek getting into another business arrangement. I think I've shared this plenty of times before. I think I even shared this on this specific episode of Relationship with Kemmy Crawford. I have, in my opinion experienced kind of two divorces already, of course leaving thee where said person got perpetuity and I'm still somehow attached to him all these years later. And then of course with the end of see the thing is where lawyers were involved, assets for stolen assets had to be split court and all of that got involved, that got sued after. I don't want to deal with that. And unfortunately, as someone who doesn't lean heavily into the church, I also don't remember if the conversation between or on that particular podcast leaned into the church either so as someone who doesn't lean heavily into religious beliefs in terms of marriage, and as someone who doesn't seek to be a trad wife, as someone who is also consuming and talking to all these girls who apparently want their bills paid on date one to me marriage. As it pertains today, the divorce rate at fifty percent is heavily due to finances, and a lot of people are currently dating with finances in mind. Straight out the gate. I don't understand why this was like such the hot take that it was. I listen to this today and believe the same sentiment. Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, Madonna, Wendy Williams, like the list goes on and on. We are now seeing that women don't have to be defined by the amount of kids that they have, by partners, their ability to even bear children, or a man claiming them because whoop do you do? We see how y'all be out here embarrassing men, and speaking of embarrassing men, the idea that the response to this is that I am unmarriageable. I want to lean into the fact that I'm not offended that a man called me unmarriageable, but what I am offended by is that someone who is unmarried, who got denied a proposal on national TV, and someone who is prone to self sabotage calls himself a terrible friend, is emotionally stunted, is problematic, is jealous, all of these terrible adjectives to describe himself, while also someone who has made bitches feel uncomfortable in a room, while also being alleged to have assaulted women and other things, has the nerve tous site here and say I'm unmarriageable, as if that is the eligible bachelor that we have to consider out here in these streets. I swear to God, if my option is to be wiped up or proposed to by a man of that caliber, Jesus saved me. That's the other thing, as women, whether it's our size, whether it's our weight, our looks, whatever, the fact that a man with that type of background, with that type of history can have the nerve to hop on a microphone and shade me for what he thinks I am and how I've lived my life well. It is available in Noel's Bard, which is a New York Times bestseller. Like you, Joe, I've gone through therapy and I've sat here and made the best of my life too. Okay, I'm glad that you're no longer struggling with drugs. I'm glad that you are a better person. I'm glad that you also are out here on the GLP ones taking care of your house, making yourself a better eligible bachelor because you're still technically an eligible bachelor too, regardless of how many years you've been in relations with whomever. My issue isn't that you said I was unmarriageable. I have an issue with you leading into the fact that it's because of my wildly popular, my legacy horrible decisions as to being the reason why listen, say what you want about horrible decisions, do it. All I'm saying is nothing about what I've created is going to make me less desirable than maybe I would be to anyone who already saw me as less desirable.
Speaker 6: That also being that, being.
Speaker 1: That being the disc listen. I am blessed to have worked on myself, both inside and out. I am blessed to have been loved and as a woman, I am blessed to experience choosing my partners because they respect me and make me happy, and not being dependent on a man and so I'm sorry if it really missed the mark in my delivery. I say all of that to say, in twenty twenty six, I am so proud to be able to say I don't want to be a mom. I don't need to be chosen by a man to have my value dictated by society, and I want more women to strive to do that. Yes, in my twenties, I didn't think i'd be able to travel to certain countries without a man booking my ticket. That's not the case now. I didn't know I'd be able to live the way I live unless a man were to do it, because unfortunately, that is kind of what I grew up around. That's what I saw women wanting that and not my case specifically. I mean, there's deep rooted into my thoughts and views on women staying with abusive men and in terrible homes because they didn't have any other choice. You could date it back, maybe to the seventies, before women could even get a bank account without living under a man's roof. You could go back to when men needed to give dowries to me, like when literal families were pushing women to marry men they ain't even want. I didn't watch Pride and Prejudice. What I said is nothing new, and I didn't deliver it correctly. If you want to be married, go be married. But I don't believe in getting married to a man for stability, for tried wife, bullshit, for a home over your head. I am pro ladies, get it yourself. And what I'm not is for the inceels hopping on the internet telling a woman where her value is based on XYZ elemental p. There are sex workers, porn stars, felons, there's all of these buckets of people that are viewed as undesirable by society, and they're getting married every day, They're finding love every day, and I want that for them. I say all of this to say I'm doubling the fuck down on everything that I said. I'm not taking it back. And you know what, at this point, in terms of aligning myself with a man, I can do bad by myself. And I say all of that to say, here we are, Here we are. So I'm hoping that this is done with. And the last thing I'll say, the last thing I'll say cross signals. I don't you know what, I ain't even gonna go there I ain't even go go there, but I'll say, what a bitch I ain't never been at her motherfucking life is a liar. And anybody who know me and it pulls ass hold, it don't cross me. Anyone who's worked with me, anyone who's been my friend, anyone who's been my phe knows I ain't gotta lie, Craig. I ain't never had to lie, Crag. I swell for God. So whatever I've said in the last week, I said it with my chest and meant it because ain't nobody got a lie. Doesn't matter how long you've known me, what body changes, you see me go through, what obstacles I'd have been through.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I ain't got a lie, Craig. And on that note, let's get to this is America. Let's get into this is America baby, which is at this point just embarrasson. Let's start with this Sandior ground case. John put us up to what's happening with this NAACP case, and I'm ready to talk about it because I love a little Standiar ground case.
Speaker 5: So back in twenty twenty five, there was a shooting where a teenage boy, young man whatever, allegedly pulled out a shotgun, aimed it at a couple of some black people that were outside, and much like the other case that we talked about, like black folks retaliated, they shot back at the barbecue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the white the marine around.
Speaker 5: There's a similar situation where this guy comes along with the gun. Black people feel threatened, they fired back at him. They end up shooting him, killing him. Okay, two black men are two I guess they were teenager at the time. Jamarian Byrd and Travis Roberts Junior were eventually arrested. This is months after the incident, so they happened. Months went by, everything was whatever. Then they were arrested and got charged with first.
Speaker 1: Degree murder by the way, only because you didn't say, I think it's important to state that this took place in Florida.
Speaker 5: This did take place in Jackville, Florida, where you know this is at that point. Florida is like the hotbed of standing year ground. These cases that happened.
Speaker 2: With Trayvon Martin and all these other places like this is always the case in Florida.
Speaker 1: It was the conversation even with the uh the woman for the Netflix.
Speaker 3: Shooter Lawrence, same thing. The the best neighbor. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: The case, right, So these two brothers were charged with first degree murder, which already sounds crazy because first degree murder is usually about premeditation. They were defending themselves in real time, So how did they premeditate that somebody was going to come put a gun on them and they were gonna have to shoot back. So I don't understand that whole thing, but the judge in the case essentially said that you shot back too much, that they fired around, that the guy started to run away because he was getting shot at and they kept shooting. He was still holding his gun, so they probably thought, well, this guy is still a threat. He just tried to shoot at us. They kept shooting until they got it. And the judge is basically saying that when he turned around and ran off, the incident was over and you were supposed to stop shooting. And this is the thing that happened, that he was retreating. He was retreating and so and this happens a lot in cases where you're in the heat of the moment, someone's trying to kill you and you shoot because you feel under threat.
Speaker 1: While he's explaining this, can you pull up the case that's still ongoing with the the convenience store who they came out and shot the guy that they thought.
Speaker 3: So Richild there Richild case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could you look that up because that's the I know him running away, right is what's happened.
Speaker 3: What's happening is right? Yes, they say that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guy who rich Child shot was leaving the inding. Richild shot him in the back and rich Child with no weapon, and rich Child got acquitted. He got quitted because of.
Speaker 3: Standing his ground. He was allegedly being attacked.
Speaker 1: So the na A CP got involved in this because they felt like the judges charges are just.
Speaker 3: Too harsh, yes, and that they're misapplying.
Speaker 5: They're picking and choosing how they apply stand your grounds, and it's like in this case you slide, and the other case with these black boys, you're not letting it slide. You're saying they were supposed to stop. And like there was a case actually here with the very famous Atlantan Shakazulu had a case a few years ago, and I when that case happened, I was watching the video and I was scared for him because I'm like it wayed like it was gonna go back the way it happened was like, Okay, these guys tried to jump you.
Speaker 3: You were on the ground.
Speaker 5: Security guard came and broke up the situation, and you got off the ground and shot And it was like, I was worried that of this exact thing.
Speaker 3: Now the incident is over, security guard has come down and stopped the confrontation. You shot the kid. Anyway, how is the court going to look at that?
Speaker 5: And apparently they're too you know that was in Georgia, but apparently the court doesn't have a unified way of how to look at these cases because in some cases they'll say, oh, no, this is perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: In some cases they'll say, no, you did too much. You were supposed to.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll be honest with you. As someone who is like anti civilians with gun ownership, we've talked about this a lot. I think that's where it gets tricky for me because as a human being, you know how like when you go to the hospital, a doctor really can't tell you. You can't tell your pain tolerance, the pain level. It's one of those things. That's why tell me your pain rt it from what It's the same conversation we had with the Carmelo Anthony case, where how can you tell someone their life wasn't in danger in the moment or what they felt like in terms of defending their because some people could be more pussy than others. I really could have thought I was going to lose and risk my life and that my life was in danger, so I had to a gun. And unfortunately, when you look at all of the details, the people, the prosecution, the judge, the jury may not or US podcasters may not feel like you actually had to use a gun or had to use a deadly force.
Speaker 4: In this incident.
Speaker 1: And so this is tricky because at least with this one, the other person did still have a weapon. Like I said, there's so many cases where in the convenience storecase, the boy didn't even have a gun on him, right, it's I don't know where do y'all stand with this?
Speaker 5: Well, and digging into it, the the the burden of proof in this case is on the prosecution. Prosecution has to prove that it was intentional and that this person was was was not acting in self defense and the whole thing. So it gets dicey because now it's like, Okay, here are the facts of the case, quote unquote, and they have to make a case as to why the defense has to make a case as to why they did have to use the least man.
Speaker 3: They argue the other side.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm arguing, I don't watch enough movies. The motherfuckers could still shoot what they bet they can't like if there's a if there's a gun, if you still are holding onto a weapon, you accidentally are.
Speaker 2: Still and that's what the police would say, We're going to stop turning around and then put and put it back.
Speaker 5: And when the police say, I feared for my life A lot of times. You see it all the time in these videos. You see the dash can video or the body can video. The person is running away and they're saying, oh, he's holding a gun, holding a gun, so I had to shoot him because who knows what he was going to do next. Here, when they shot Richard Brooks in the wind, he's parking lives for the same thing.
Speaker 3: He was running away.
Speaker 5: Police said, oh, he was holding something, so I had to shoot him. And so I was felt like my life was in danger because he was still holding a weapon.
Speaker 2: How much case study is going to be involved now, because usually these cases they have some kind of president precedent and reference points where they can go in well for the defense.
Speaker 3: Particularly so it's Florida too, I just say, but it's Florida.
Speaker 2: Those people in Florida don't give no ships about this, right, So of course they're going to go this was a.
Speaker 1: White man that got shot. Yes, it is a white man like because then then, unfortunately, especially with the state of Florida is in our country, I think it becomes a part of crime is a problem.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna I think the judge did that to try to bleed the money of.
Speaker 2: The defense now because it's what you said, a first degree murder, agree murder, which seems like an old child and did the n double a CP go ahead and get them attorneys for year.
Speaker 3: That's encouraging.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's the first thing I bleed them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, double A you get behind bars? Correct, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: They are fighting for you know, fairness in this situation. We don't know how it's gonna turn out. I'm gonna be watching that right now really closely.
Speaker 3: They their hands.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about fairness. Uh, Jason, can you pull up the clip for this next conversation because this is where, by the way, me and a king love talking about our experiences happened in these goddamn ubers.
Speaker 5: Okay I might be ignoran. I don't know if'na be the ignorant one. Okay, I might be the ignorant.
Speaker 1: We have four people, you will have to be the tiebreaker. We want to know who's right and wrong. Here could you play this this video? Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Here we go, fucking man like this ship is nicle talking about?
Speaker 8: Don't cuss.
Speaker 1: They told me to stop talking on the phone, so we can't even like. I am so silly and tired of fucking men. Now I'm about to keep pushing to make sure he's like, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: We didn't do a black women.
Speaker 9: You're supposed to protect us.
Speaker 8: You're exactly, so you're supposed to protect black women.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: You get in, you start cussing, and I said, ladies, please language please women, and we're you can turn.
Speaker 1: Out cancel the grown women? Can you after you canceled because I'm not going to pay. You're not not getting into it. Oh yeah, hold on, you're not even.
Speaker 3: In a tesla.
Speaker 1: He's driving the wrong car. No problem. So these women took to social media to share about their experience in this uper Clearly, y'all heard what happened. The Uber driver respectfully asked them not to curse in their car, and they turned it into misogyny and patriarchy. Baby, But want to know y'all thoughts on this clearly not how they responded. We know the girls here are wrong. None.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, here we got fuck that nigga and his car. Drive the car. Nigga, I pay you to drive the car. Drive the car.
Speaker 5: Just tell me where I gotta go. Like, I get it, it's your personal vehicle. But you signed up to be an Uber driver.
Speaker 3: Just drive the car. What I'm talking about, Me and a conversation were in the backseat saying whatever we're.
Speaker 5: Saying to each other, that's our business. All you got to do is get us to our destination and get your money.
Speaker 3: Who the fuck is you?
Speaker 1: Do you say that when you walk to the front door of an establishment and they present you a dress code, they tell you you can't wear something because this is their establishment. We are not.
Speaker 4: I think this is more like I would compare this more to like you renting your own hotel room and you could do whatever the fuck you want to do, And that's not what this.
Speaker 1: I disagree with that. I disagree with if you're like maybe because none of us are ubers when people come into our vehicles. I remember when I had a car. If my friends got into my car, even though I'm driving, baby, you can't eating my ship. You're not gonna smoke cigarettes in my car. This is my car and you're driving around in.
Speaker 4: It, right, because you're preventing But in that case, you're trying to prevent damage to your car.
Speaker 1: Correct, But also okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: In your instance, you're you're trying to prevent damage. He's trying to police behavior.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I'm not with you, yeah, yeah, yeah, like if you like, if you if you're.
Speaker 5: A super hype and you don't want to be around vulgar language or whatever, put in your air pods and listen to Kirk Franklins.
Speaker 3: We get the fuck out the car, but don't talk to me about what I'm saying back. You can say whatever the fun. I'm not cursing at you now.
Speaker 5: If I was abusing the driver again, by all means, okay, yeah, I don't curse at me, don't you know whatever. But I'm talking to my friend in the backseat, and I said fuck and you're like a language please, who are you nigga?
Speaker 2: Like sound like they say way more thing then.
Speaker 1: Talk about sucking dick and eating ass. But if my you know, I dont no. But if my Uber driver was like, hey, respectfully, can you not have that conversation in my car, I don't think I'm gonna over it, like understood. I hold the conversation till I get.
Speaker 3: Out my only see look.
Speaker 1: At y'all, y'all don't want I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Uber drivers and you don't want to respect them, I don't think that. I don't. It's not his space.
Speaker 4: They're literally renting.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, service is a car ride, but you're still in somebody when you go and eat it somebody's restaurant, it's their restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yes, a restaurant is a public space. That's like a bus. That's like comparing a bus to a private car. To me, it's different like the exchanges. They've rented out the space. They could say whatever they want as long as they're not damaging his vehicle. The confines of that car is their space for the ride. If they want to curse, if they want to take a phone call. If they just want to be quiet, it's all them.
Speaker 3: But see, the thing is right, so one I'm giving them one star.
Speaker 1: Because for these bitches bumbell, I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving them No, I'm not giving them bum bail because at the end of the day, you know, what's that question here?
Speaker 3: What decency? Yes, that's it. Nobody the ober driver.
Speaker 2: No ober driver is supposed to police anything, right, They're just supposed to get you to your destination safely.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: However, it's still which is not in the print or the term of condition.
Speaker 3: This is just a moral value. Why you got to do all of that? Calling Aaron kemp.
Speaker 2: Care curse in public all the time you go anywhere at the Hawks game.
Speaker 3: Whatever the elders I have, would you vehement for all kinds of sons of bitches in front of an elder.
Speaker 5: If I'm looking at an old woman, I'm not gonna say anything. You would say, oh my bad, I'm sorry. Let me carry myself because of decency. If we're in public, I'm just talking and anyone who's around me hearing me talk, can hear the words I say?
Speaker 3: Get away?
Speaker 1: We take when we take ubers. We asked them to turn down the radio. I ask scuber drivers, hey, can you get off the phone?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, because I'm the boss now. But there's an exchange of because you want decency. So this to me, and I know those girls on right cursive go ahead?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 3: They don't they're talking. They don't know how to express motherfucking bitchy.
Speaker 4: That behavior was if you're if you're if you're in an uber and you say can you turn that down? And they say no, this is my car, my space. Are you gonna Are you gonna knock them on their stars?
Speaker 1: No, I'm knocking their stars down.
Speaker 3: Most likely they won't do that though, No, Mandy.
Speaker 4: So for you, when you get in an uber, who ultimately who's in charge? Because you said earlier the customer is right, So if you're in the uber, who's in charge you or the driver?
Speaker 1: I think there's an equal balance of an exchange.
Speaker 7: No you.
Speaker 3: Even it changed these nuts. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this the same way. I'll be tricky on who the hell is out here owning guns. What I'm not gonna do is get snippy with someone who has my life in their hands. When someone is behind goddamn will to be very clear, they run ship, they could speed up, they could fucking crash this bitch.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And honestly, the way I'll be talking to these super drivers, their lives be hard. Man went through the lives being hard. I'm not sitting here trying to have any sort of turmoil or chaos with someone who has my life in their hands. Are we kidding me?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Hello, Well, if their life is so hard, they should do themselves a favorite and make it easy and shut the fuck up and drive the car.
Speaker 3: Well, way is not hard. No more to do his drive, but you got to do nothing else. Just drive the car and shut the fuck up and everything can be okay. He'd be saying the Uber driver was being respectful. He wasn't.
Speaker 2: He wasn't full, and they had they took note of it, not trying to do all that lie.
Speaker 3: Decency.
Speaker 2: I know he shouldn't plea It shouldn't have got to that point. They should have been the I'm assuming the adults right though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if he started, we don't even by the way, we don't know how he started. He could have said, ladies, watch your tone. He could have used all the triggering language of ladies or watch that he could have said, ladies, let's be respectful of yourself.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I do believe they didn't do that because you heard you're supposed to protect us a black woman.
Speaker 3: You heard that, right? Yeah, he sounds like Israel nigga.
Speaker 1: The girl.
Speaker 3: The girl said that, the girl, but he's he sounds like one of the niggas that be like now, black queens, y'all are supposed to be. Y'all was supposed to be classy, young ladies. You're not acting like a class class her whole big shut up?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: So wait a second, everybody get it one story.
Speaker 1: Let's both he.
Speaker 3: Who is right here?
Speaker 1: Is it the passenger or the driver?
Speaker 2: King?
Speaker 1: I think the who's right here?
Speaker 3: Who's right?
Speaker 1: Who's right? Who's in the right?
Speaker 3: They're both in the right.
Speaker 1: Who's in the wrong.
Speaker 3: That's what I see what you did? We girls are wrong, the girl. Girls are wrong for not being Who's wrong? The driver? Uh?
Speaker 1: Jason, who's wrong? The driver? I say, the girls are wrong? D We're coming to you, damn the driver was? I need to know what the discord, y'all?
Speaker 2: I think they tell you why This is triggering for them because they all did that ships.
Speaker 3: I'm actually gonna take triggering because it didn't happen to me. There was a case. This was last year, I think in Atlanta, of course where there was it was this time.
Speaker 5: It was two black women talking about So. The woman got picked up from the airport. She had long days, fucked up whatever. She had her window cracked or something like that. Oh no, no, she wanted the air on.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 5: The driver had the window cracked. It's fucking July in Atlanta. It's hot as ship. The passenger asked the driver, Hey, can you roll the window up? No me, No, like it's hot in here. I just want to get some air. No, because something about I don't know if she was trying to prevent a smell or air out.
Speaker 3: Of car, whatever it was, she said no.
Speaker 5: So they get into a beef and the driver stops the car like on the exit, like on a highway, pulls over.
Speaker 3: Was like, yeah, this is over, get out of my car.
Speaker 2: And people in the comment section with saying exactly what you're saying, include to some of my homegirls, It's.
Speaker 3: Like that's their car. They can do. You can't tell nobody how to run their car. No, you're an uber driver. It is your car. But you're an Uber drive.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna put me out on the side of the highway because I'm asking you to do something that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a car to uber drive, cause nigga, you're getting out my ship. I'm ending this ride right the fuck now. But you ship the same way. If I feel disrespected in my house, I'm gonna kick you out. If I feel disrespected and what is mine? You do not get to disrespect people, and they ship and so the same way when it comes to like, like, bro, what I be seeing right now and on on, Uh yeah, my algorithm is all over the goddamn But there's like right now, these y ns fucked up this airbnb like tragic, and people are like, well that you better have insurance because you're right yourse, Like there's the.
Speaker 3: Wast a whole.
Speaker 1: There's a way that we as people over decency. Decency is so important that you don't get to be indecent when you're in the private also space of someone else. So I think back to Jason's uh state this, these aren't public spaces with rules, These are private spaces. And what do private companies and private schools all get to do whatever the fuck they want to do. So, nigga, get the fuck out my car. If you don't have the decency to respect me in my ship, you here your luggage, You get the fuck out. You got me fucked up.
Speaker 4: This clip, y'all talking about the Santists and y'all talking about jd Vance and put it together.
Speaker 2: Would fully Agreegan, would fully agree this topic.
Speaker 1: We're going to the next one.
Speaker 2: I ain't taking jobbers. You don't put me in a way.
Speaker 1: Problem.
Speaker 5: We don't have a fucking robot having us around run off the road about the ship.
Speaker 1: All right, So this one we do have a clip, Jason, we're gonna talk. Oh, this is gonna be fun too, because this leads into moral standards and people wanted to go with they are not welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome out. That's how I fliped. Now, that's how flip.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we did these back to back. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You can play the clip for this one. The Turkish government band travelers from jocking because of quote moral standards.
Speaker 3: At least a thousand Americans are on board, including passengers from South Florida.
Speaker 8: Thomas Barker is from Miami. The ten day trip was a gift to him from his husband, And so.
Speaker 10: There are thousands of men who come to the ship to celebrate UH and to feel free to be who we are without any fear of homophobia, or to be able to be ourselves in that public space.
Speaker 8: But that freedom of expression was challenged when the ship tried docking in Turkey. The government unexpectedly denied the ship entry because of what they call moral standards. Authorities posted this online translated in English, it says, a cruise ship chartered by a group known for behavior that does not align with the values and moral standards of our society and that had generated significant concern among various segments of the public, has been canceled. It is absolutely out of the question that this group will come to our province for such an event.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think what's.
Speaker 10: Really disappointing is that we spend a lot of our times is gay people really trying to find safe spaces, and going on this cruise spaces about as safe as it's supposed to get, right, And we were excited to go to new places and potentially experience that safe space in places like Turkey and in Egypt, where it is obviously very difficult to be a gay person in those countries.
Speaker 8: The cruise who has been rerouted to Egypt, but at the last minute the port was also canceled without any explanation.
Speaker 10: We thought that it would be a great opportunity for those people in those countries, also experiences in the rest of the world where people can be free and be celebrated.
Speaker 3: For who they are.
Speaker 8: In a statement, Atlantis Events said in part, they hope this is an isolated incident and to return in the future. They also hope Egypt and Turkey will welcome all guests without conditions, all prejudiced.
Speaker 10: I think it's definitely sort of taking a bit of a magic away if you can, if I can explain it in that way, because it started off with such a high and everyone being so excited to be together and see people.
Speaker 3: Nope, so look, I love it. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Look, I haven't been to Saudi Arabia. I would love to, but I know that there's certain things you cannot do. It's not acceptable. So weed, for instance, you can't get caught with weed out there. You can yeah, a year minimum, right, they know they try to move the gold they try to move. Well, yes, so they try to move the gold post and try to do reform in real time. My question is how did they know. Did they have a manifest and said, okay, what.
Speaker 1: Does the LGBT cube boy like the right was getting so.
Speaker 2: So they thought that they was going to do some activism with a whole country that's been doing this shit for forever since the inception of the decade, since the inception of with the other country.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember, especially with the World Cup ending. So the last World Cup took place in cutter and there was a whole conversation about this because they were refusing people to wear rainbow flag in lgbt Qia because of course.
Speaker 3: Pride is not sat.
Speaker 1: And this is the ignorance of Americans to believe that they can just go into these other countries and be full American in these countries that don't allow. It's the same conversation we had about Brittany Grehner. Baby, you can't just be having bape pins brought into other countries when there's rules against fucking bapes or THHC. Or the same way our sexuality is kind of even, uh, you know, kind of dictated here. It's ten twenty thirty times more. In these other countries, you cannot be openly gay. When I went to uh I went to to cutter maybe like fifteen years ago with one of my partners, and he literally had to pay the front desk because we were not married. We couldn't stay in the same room together. When we went out to the clubs, we couldn't dance on each other. There was a respect that we had to adhere to in another country, because that's how the fuck.
Speaker 3: No, it's not respect. Your niggas ain't want to go to jail how long.
Speaker 2: It's not respect respect, But respect is not under the threat of fucking persecution, death or imprisonment.
Speaker 3: That's not respect. That's just a nigga.
Speaker 5: I don't want to die here, so I'm gonna keep my hands.
Speaker 1: But at the same time too, hearing him talk, Bro, if you know that Turkey and Egypt are both anti gay essentially, right, you do it? Why the fuck do you want to go parade yourself not gonna welcome you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, they didn't do anything the cruise. They don't dictate where the cruise go.
Speaker 3: They get on the cruise knowing where the cruise is going sure, but the cruise ship knows that too.
Speaker 5: So if the cruise ship knows, hey, we're gonna have this cruise, we're gonna invite folks on there, We're gonna go to these places.
Speaker 3: Hey, why did you take them there?
Speaker 5: If it was gonna be a big deal B To me, it suggests that this cruise ship has probably been there before and done the same thing before. Now all of a sudden, it's a problem. See, these are just gay people all within these countries. And so what is Turkey in Egypt saying, oh, because we can tell that.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you can tell this is a gay cruise, but we can tell.
Speaker 1: This, so probably like that. I do want to add that this particular cruise has successfully docked LGBTQ cruises in Istanbul thirteen times. Yeah, twenty five years.
Speaker 3: That's what I figured. Okay, just like with our country.
Speaker 1: Though, you know what happens. New people get in fucking seats, New people get in control, New people come in and say what's gonna happen and what ain't gona happen. Look at all the things that we had to deal with with FIFA coming like coming into America, this year, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, But the difference is nobody here thought that that shit made any sense. Nobody here thought, oh, we're at war were Iran? So ye had Iranian shit fly to Mexico and then fly back to Seattle every game. Nobody here was like, oh, these people aren't allowed in here because we have this beef, and of course we can't because we're American, and that's what we say. No, we said, everyone said that's some fuck shit. Why y'all fucking with these people? And that's what I'm saying about here.
Speaker 1: Everyone, well, very clear. Everyone did not say.
Speaker 5: People with good sense, people will get in politics, said that this is fucked up, while y'all doing these people like that.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing here. I get that these.
Speaker 5: Countries don't fuck with homosexuality or anything like that, but this idea that they're picking and choosing, Oh this this ship is pink.
Speaker 3: We must be some gay people on that ship. We're not gonna let me do this guy.
Speaker 1: This makes me think of like a black person going to Argentina and then coming back complaining that he was treated with racism or that he was discriminated against. Hebe you took your ass to Argentina.
Speaker 3: And like, I'm kind of black though.
Speaker 5: If I go to a bar in America in the wrong red neck ass town and I walk in there and there and everybody's looking at me, like what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Boy, I'm gonna order more drinks.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm gonna see that was gonna Now it's going to be a party at olck in a sundowntown Nigga you walking around, I know, but a but but I order you know, white right there, right there, this is I'm ordering. I'm ordering South. He wouldn't do something.
Speaker 3: Now we're ordering ordering.
Speaker 5: We're ordering michelob light for everybody in this bitch. Now, now, let me let me ask you. Let me ask you not running me out.
Speaker 1: Of enough, Jason, as the resident Latina here, I don't do femino and mascolino.
Speaker 3: And masculino as.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 1: You and your community had these conversations about where you're accepted or not accepted, Like, are these conversations to that that you have with your peers?
Speaker 4: Well, last time I hit the group text, I was talking to them about this conversation. No, I mean, I think to Job's point, like he's saying it kind of correctly, like you have a sense of where you're welcome and not welcome, and some people like to challenge that, right and so you might get your uber driver saying, sir, stop using that language.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's that case.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought up the point about like they've successfully done this before in the past, but the seats have changed, because that's really the thing that's been initiating this is the seats have changed. So it's like the community can kind of feel a certain way. But I actually feel like it's a theme throughout this episode, like with the Muslim in the air line, with the standard ground. With this, there's there's other there's other people who are dictating towards us, our behavior and what's acceptable, and they're deciding subjectively what's okay for us or not.
Speaker 5: But the thing I guess I have a question about is even with the seats thing, right, like, it ain't like Egypt or Turkey has ever been run by the fucking Democratic Socialists of America.
Speaker 4: But you know, sometimes there's hardliners, right Like, sometimes there's like more traditionalists, like Muslim hardliners who they'll follow it to the t by the Quran. And then sometimes there's other people who it's less like based on religion and more based on like power. Right, so like right now there's just a group of people on power who are like hardline religious sect and what they say is like, this is how the book goes, and it's that it's.
Speaker 5: Giving that they have a closeted Eisenhower running the show over there, and they've decided they've decided to have a lavender scare in Turkey in Egypt because now all of a sudden, well they don't want to be outed for their bullshit.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're probably aligned with that ideology, the mega megaology, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So, oh yeah, Magga is definitely global. I think people should start to understand that too. Like this idea what's going on here is not limited to America. There's lots of other world leaders who feel.
Speaker 4: Exactly Turky is a part of that. It's like Turkey, Italy, Yeah, Italy, like the populace, right, the populace who are.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, there's there's certain countries within the African continent. I don't know if you can look it up. I think you Ganda, is one of them. But there's certain countries that also will kill you if you are gay. You cannot be open about it. There's like you will be imprisoned. I think, if I'm not mistaken, Ghana was one of those as well. Ended up looking into that. When we were in Ghana, like, bitch, I don't know, we could be dancing on each other out here, girl, we ain't fing to go to jail because they might think were bumping coucies.
Speaker 4: So like the Cameroon, I.
Speaker 5: Think Lgeria might even be on that as well, where it's like, yeah, you know what, it's going to be a problem out here.
Speaker 1: And so to me, yes, I mean, you know, we we've luckily been a part of a country that only also by certain states, allow.
Speaker 3: You to be did right.
Speaker 1: It's not even a federally mid rated acceptance here in this country. So you know, the same way some states you're gonna be able to get abortions, some not. Some you're gonna be able to get married as a gay person, You're not. When you travel abroad, you can't think that all of your beliefs in the way that you exist is going to be accepted. It's just literally the American ignorant way of fucking thinking.
Speaker 3: Why do you get I guess what it is for me.
Speaker 5: I'm never going like, if there's a situation like that where there is like, Okay, this is how they get down, this is how we get down.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm not wanting to really capitulate to the wrong side of it. I don't care if that's your morals, in your standards, I don't care.
Speaker 3: If you're wrong, you're wrong.
Speaker 5: And so that's what probably makes me ignorant because I'm trying to fuck up your shit. Yes, oh I I'm trying to make a scene of your bullshit standard, of your bullshit rules.
Speaker 3: Like I'm that guy.
Speaker 1: Now fuck that. Take me back to twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, when I was a solid two twenty. The meatpacking district, the white clubs, the upscale places in New York did not welcome me. I was charged at the door. Same for LA. There's certain places that as a black woman of a certain size, I was not welcome into spaces. I got treated poorly at the door. When I tell you, as soon as I did not feel welcomed, y'all will never get my fucking money, y'all will never see me again. And so for me, I have never been a person who felt the need to go to spaces or feel like I had to be in spaces where I was not welcomed. And as someone black and someone thick and big, listen, as a woman, certain places it becomes hard to get into if you don't look a certain way. And when I tell you, once I realized that place didn't want me in there, I don't want to be in here. And you know, you know I go ahead and touch your gun, wave it around and bottom shots in the Sundowntown Listen, listen. Well, let's get into for celebrities say the darnest things. We're gonna lean into possible right message, wrong messinger. Now we'll start off with Tristan Thompson, who gave the advice to Clay to just be quiet, and a lot of people felt like he was the wrong messenger for this advice in terms of Clay actually coming out and finally responding to the cheating allegations from megde Sallion. He's also someone who has not stayed quiet. We just talked about him not too long ago, sitting with Chloe Kardashian and explaining, you know, his bullshit. But I wanted to ask, y'all, and I wanted to have fun with this. I wanted to know if there are any celebrities that could say something that sounded right, but because of who they are and where they've leaned into, we just don't want to hear it from them, even if they're right. So like, for example, say Kim Kardashian talking about climate change, Babe, we saw you cry over that diamond that fell into the ocean. We know that you take private jets. We know what those fuel admissions doing to the universe. I would also say I never want to hear the baby talk about gay rights or have him even if he learned against it, right.
Speaker 3: Y'all, I was gonna say it, depending on maybe he people that do the work.
Speaker 1: I need to know what the work was. I never want to hear Jess Hilarious talk about trans rights or Muslims, because baby, what what a can you of? Your cutdown?
Speaker 4: Reille?
Speaker 3: Oh Okay.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is when people, when people speak out so much against or their behaviors go against something, they're the last person I want to hear in a campaign or messaging, even if their celebrity does bring more eyes to a certain cause.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that perfect and you can evolve and grow and learn.
Speaker 2: Trisian Thompson probably learned from his ways and he wants to give advice, you know, to someone in his peerdom.
Speaker 3: He's like, yo, bro.
Speaker 1: But that's why I said, I need to see the work. I need to know what the work was to know that you are not still in your ignorance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean this is when we talked about this a little bit last week with Antoinette about communication.
Speaker 3: Right. Communication works two ways. It's what you say and what they understand.
Speaker 5: What is heard right when you're speaking to somebody, and the idea is that you want to communicate yourself clearly enough that they take you seriously or in this case, if you're a celebrity or some public figure, you need to not be perfect, but you need to maintain some level of credibility, dignity or otherwise about what it is that you're saying.
Speaker 3: Mind you, this came about seriously.
Speaker 1: This came about as a topic as well because me talking about the misinformation that's spread online in regards to the history of the KKK niggas literally was in the comments. Maybe because I'm by racial acting like I couldn't talk about the history of the KKK.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wrong messenger.
Speaker 1: Because of your African American studies you're one in college. But you know what that is.
Speaker 3: That's more so because they know that you what will respond and you're halfway you know, I'm saying that's what.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about history because I'm half like, so.
Speaker 3: That's what That's just that's the Internet, you know how, they just like the.
Speaker 4: Is there any credible message you would take from somebody like Safari or like ray J?
Speaker 3: They have experience, you know what, they.
Speaker 1: Have real you you know what? He's the thing and I did no, no, no, you know what's crazy on the Bonus episode and it was really it was all the way end. So I don't know if people heard it, I would absolutely and I do think that ray J could. He could, he could be a spokesperson for Gilead and getting tested and at least sharing results because on the in a conversation that he was having he was openly talking about STDs and yes, he said he liked the ones you could get rid of. He was the tattoos the ones that don't go nowhere. But I do think that there is benefit in a black man openly talking about STDs, openly acknowledging that he knows what he has. There's a lot of black men that don't even do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We had the final balls, so that already what that that said, he had the biggest one.
Speaker 1: Who you're talking about, Magic Johnson? Oh yeah, I mean, but he specifically asked about Safari and ray Jar because that's.
Speaker 4: Like the premise of like Scared straight right, Like it's people who went through it who are able to explain it and hold that.
Speaker 3: So hopefully you're gonna have to go through that.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'm not gonna lie. I don't know if there's anything Safari could tell me. I don't I mean, how to wind his hips. I don't know what is far. I don't know if there's anything that I care. I don't know if he has I don't know if he's smart. I don't know anything about Safari outside of the fact that he was Nicki Minaja's backup dancer and that he manipulated and chased Eric Amenna just to leave her with two kids and being single mama a single mother, Like I don't know much of what he's done or given the culture or what he has to say about much.
Speaker 4: Of anything, honestly, So for right message, wrong messenger? What makes it the wrong messenger? Is it like they're they're like you said Safari, like I don't know if he's not that smart or because I presumably if they want through the experience, they're a good messenger.
Speaker 3: That's what you would think.
Speaker 2: I think it's because it's the patterns that they've they've displayed over the years.
Speaker 3: It's not favorable. So it's like I'm listening to you for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like Safari coming out and discussing how to love a woman, but seeing his behavior, I just don't know if that's what would make you the wrong messenger. Like and that's the thing. A lot of people get on these microphones and have opinions about things, but their behavior goes as like, oh, you're just giving us a word salad. Oh you're just telling us what we think you know or what you think people want to hear. But you don't live life this way, which is why I come on here and I talk from this is why my opinions are not favored in society because they come from my lived experience, and people may disagree with them, but at least I'm coming from a place of what I believe, and when I'm wrong, we hop on this mic and we correct ourselves. I think I'm an ever evolving person. I think that people choose to continue in their ignorance, but out of their mouth they want to be right.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense, You got to have some credibility factor.
Speaker 5: What there's opposing forces at play too, right, Like, cynicism in society is like an all time high. Nobody believes anything that they see in a public sector, everyone is lying, Everyone has an ulterior motive. Or he just said that because he's paid all you work for Rock Nation, that's why you said that. Like, it's always a thing that someone will come up with as to why the person saying whatever they're saying is not being in good faith.
Speaker 1: Now here we go. I got a clip, I got a clip, Could you play the white Man? And I'm not sure what radio show or podcast this is, but he goes into just play the clip.
Speaker 9: But see, like my taste in black women's a little bit more refined than the average black women. You find nowadays, Like I like the Lauren Hale type of black women, you know, the Pam Greer or the Tisha Campbell kind of black women. Why is it every time I walk through a mall or I walked into a convenience store, all the women there look like glow Rilla or sexy red. It's like those women just look like science experiments from the CIA meant to destroy Black community.
Speaker 3: So like you're saying that a man, do you think like glow? Really?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Now, if you got me a girl that.
Speaker 9: Looked like Patrece Russian, then all day, every day, let's get a Kraken. But I'm not gonna curse my children with a mother that goes skam phonem.
Speaker 3: Ain't no way, just ain't no way.
Speaker 9: These two is the disgusting hair colored hair they have nowadays. Whatever happened to afros and looking like you're guarded from Stephen Universe? Now they all got like red hair with green highlights. Like look at Kanye West daughter. It's like, baby, girl, you do not need aquamarine hair to make yourself look beautiful. You're beautiful the way you already were born. I don't need I don't need no girl, to look like, oh my gosh, bro.
Speaker 3: That there's a lot going on.
Speaker 7: So this.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a message. It's a it's a not bad message, but possibly wrong messages.
Speaker 2: It's intellectual Plotlust's an intellectual plot.
Speaker 3: Lush The first about to rast I see the hand.
Speaker 5: The first thing is like he's doing this thing where it's like it's wildly racist, is it? Yeah, yeah, it's wildly racist. But he's also trying to he's also trying to find a soft space that he can land to express his preference. I guess, and naming t Campbell and Buttes Russian is like a very specific type of black woman that I'm like, I'm surprised you even know.
Speaker 1: But I honestands that black is not a monolith. And so for me, I'm not gonna hold you. I say it all the time because I women. I don't like the lace Wiggs, I don't like the super So to me, this is if a black man or to say this on any of these black pods, no one would say.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's true at all.
Speaker 1: You you don't think a black man could say that he doesn't want I think that's type. But he wants a refined, natural type.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that it's worse that a white man said it.
Speaker 5: That's I think that's what you always can never just leave that part out, like it's a white man talking like that, so that's always gonna get your Spidey senses up, like hold on, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Like maybe he dates black women, that's why he's so so let me get to that. Though. The version of that clip that I saw wasn't that clip. It was a clip from O. G. Big Matt OG Big Matt.
Speaker 5: Yes, of course, and yeah, and og Big Matt is loved on Instagram because most of the time he is on the right side of the politic that people feel is appropriate for the time being.
Speaker 1: O G.
Speaker 5: Big Matt is also married to a white woman, and his response to this was, oh, well, I'm not mad at this guy because what he's saying has some merit because he mentioned people like Tisha Campbell and Patrets Russian. But he also went on to og Big Matt also replied by saying, just talking about like the greatness of black women in general.
Speaker 3: I think the problem is that everyone has their preferences, everyone has likes and dislikes. But when you start talking about like a science experiment and cursing my family and the CIA, and these look like like you've gone too far. You're not talking about you going out of your way. These narratives the narrative that exists before.
Speaker 5: He said that for us us, but those astic narratives.
Speaker 1: They're not and I disagree. It's the same way as the black community. We are like we and when I say we, people who do like to see us more refined. We cringe at a zoos network, We cringe at the stereotypes being being pushed to the media.
Speaker 3: Those are respectability politics.
Speaker 1: But let's but let's talk about it too. There's still a lot of people that question why Sexy Ray got the push and platform that she did. But a rhap city doesn't black excellence. But we're trying, and so to me, I'm not mad at anywhere. You said a black man couldn't have even said that. I disagree.
Speaker 3: They said, all the time he sounds like all.
Speaker 1: The time, me all the time.
Speaker 3: I said, all the time, exactly how he talks.
Speaker 1: I don't want a nigga with but dazzlement at all.
Speaker 3: Patricia Rushland, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Myron Gaines doesn't like black women because he thinks black women are sexy red whatever that means to him and Glorilla whatever.
Speaker 1: That means acknowledging that that's not the case here. So like for me and for me as a black woman, I want an educated, wealth came, clean cut black man. I don't want a hook booker.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry book for context of who this guy is before, because you guys are saying some good points. But so his name is Fawcett, he's fought streamer, and he has he has a lot a lot of large play streaming on kick and and kick is where you get like that. Aiden Ross is yeah about to say, you know what, maggot Jason Folks so that that's kind of the sandbox that he plays.
Speaker 3: Who's saying this.
Speaker 1: I'm still not mad, And I think I think anyone should be able to say that there with no no race is a monolith.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So to me, him coming out and saying that he prefers that he still loves black women but he wants his black woman to look a certain way is no different than me as a black woman saying that even in me only dating black men, there's a certain black man I don't very different.
Speaker 5: He's a white man also, he's not just saying the white women the black women that I like. There was no reason to even bring Blowrilla or Sexy Red or Northwest into none of that fear.
Speaker 3: He could just say what I dated black. The question that someone perpetly sent him was, would you date a black women? Sure?
Speaker 5: I love black women like Tisha Campbell and Patrese Russian And go about your business here, taking your opportunity to kick somebody's back in just because you think that that shit is ghetto and ugly and niggery. That see, That's pretty much what he said, everything except calling them niggers science experiments created by the CIA.
Speaker 1: I mean that I ain't gonna hold you. I ain't gonna hold you. When I watched Zeus, I wouldn't fuck any of them bitches.
Speaker 3: Sure yuck.
Speaker 1: So if we are seeing if I could see him and say that we as people are anti the behaviors and the way would they portray themselves even on TV. I'm saying me as a person, I would not fuck or be with a person who dresses or looks or behaves in that manner. I don't think it's wrong for anybody, especially if he's saying he loves them, he dates them, I like black women. He's not being racist about it. He's saying, but this is the type that I like. I think if we are a place that allows preferences and types and the way that y'all do, what is the problem with expressing that.
Speaker 4: Out louds The messengers the problem here?
Speaker 1: We got the messages the problem.
Speaker 5: It's a white man. Part of it can never be stripped away from the conversation. You saying that, it's not the same thing as him saying, I'm only bringing that up also a black man. I don't think you're saying a black man, because no, I think black men have gotten cooked for saying that same type of ship for years and years and years.
Speaker 3: I don't think that is new.
Speaker 5: I don't think him getting cooked is specific to him being a white Yeah, he's the wrong message.
Speaker 1: So a man is the wrong message, because am I gonna get cooked for saying I wouldn't with someone that's.
Speaker 3: They might well find out when a clip.
Speaker 4: You're saying, you're saying, you're saying your preferences. He's not setting it up as his preferences.
Speaker 5: I think that is better than this right here, And the preference is proofessed of like, Oh, I'm not racist. I'm just saying what I like. I'm not misogynist. I'm just saying what I like. That's exactly how Dusty red Pill managed to your niggas.
Speaker 3: Talk about it. If that's exactly how you had a choice.
Speaker 1: Next week he came about to give me a problematic ass you have.
Speaker 3: To say, you have to pick one. Okay, this is that thrill, Sexy Red? Which one you let touch it? Oh?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Not? I said one of them, touch them touch it?
Speaker 1: You. I let them touch me.
Speaker 3: Gloriohole's touch touches.
Speaker 1: They got glorioleside. They got to be in a whole ski man. I don't like. I don't want to see them. I put my puss it through a hole.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Glory, I don't know Glory got that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm not sexually and mind you got to interview Sexy Red. I think she's dope and cool. You set that up for us. Yes, yes, what I want to be intimate with either one of them? Absolutely not, but that's fine. Like to be fair, I even find brandon Ingram to be disgusting now, because that's who's got a lot going on. I don't even like him choosing her as his partner makes me be like, E yuck.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I judge niggas about who they fuck, and Brendan Ingram is e yuk to me.
Speaker 3: Now, no, that's fair.
Speaker 5: I just think there's a huge difference. Like I can say what I like without saying what I hate. Like it's real, it's real simple to do. I don't have to kick nobody's back in. I don't have to talk about nobody's gender or nobody how they look or whatever they do.
Speaker 3: I could just be like, what do you what do you like? Do you like vanilla ice cream? Do you like cookies and cream? Do you like mink chocolate chip? Yeah? I don't have to uh what they call it? Yuck, you're young. I heard that.
Speaker 1: But even your this or that, let's move it to if I was talking about and that that this or that is comparable to me, and you asking me boosy or Charleston white like that's what like? And so I think that we should be able to identify that there are differences even in preferences, and we should be able to say it. And I don't hear how much you don't like your niggle.
Speaker 4: Preferences is fine, hierarchies is not.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, let's get into the last topic here we go. Let's play this clip, and this is where we'll talk about to uh if y'all felt anything was wrong, if if also the messenger was wrong here because it's the child to the parent, and I saw this one last topic of the pod. Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: This was there.
Speaker 4: My own house.
Speaker 3: You really are on drugs. You need to find me.
Speaker 1: My AMEX card.
Speaker 3: You need to find me more clothes.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. There's so much to build. Like how you said you're still going up. We can go up together.
Speaker 3: This doesn't have to be a you thing.
Speaker 1: It can be a wee thing.
Speaker 2: And then when I'm older and I have no nursing home and I need you to take care you can't do that, nurse, You're not going to do that.
Speaker 3: Two words, she's hilarious. So you put your dad in the nursing home.
Speaker 1: What else would I do? Take care of you myself? Go all, put me in your home and have twenty four hour nursing assistant in my house with my kids.
Speaker 3: She's effectively in my.
Speaker 1: Car and my husband and my pool, my guest trip.
Speaker 3: The one that made it all possible.
Speaker 1: She's from a distance guy.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want to see him public. I don't want to see him debating, no other sports figure out. I just want him and his daughter on the screen on and just thephew with their nephew. Every once in a while a lot of.
Speaker 1: People said the exact opposite of you and was like, this is cringe. Don't want to see it. How dare she say that to her father?
Speaker 2: I love I don't believe she's serious. I do believe she's performing. I do believe she's from the line of stephen A. Smith, and she doing it. She understands, con she understands, she understands.
Speaker 3: The tone of voice suggested to me that she knows exactly what.
Speaker 5: The way she's getting so queer and why she said nursing home, like like, that's not that's what she's not going to do.
Speaker 3: That's performance. I love it.
Speaker 1: So do y'all find a problem with someone saying to their parents, I'll put you in a nursing home.
Speaker 3: You can't stay with it. I don't believe she generally.
Speaker 1: In general, because are y'alling kidding me? Nursing home.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't I want to anyone in my space.
Speaker 3: But it's not that type you don't want to care for them. It was just different things. That's being in this space because you're not going to be them being in a space.
Speaker 2: They confined to it. That's the reason why they're going to be in your place. So it's just a matter of at that point you have to care for them. That's the part you probably don't.
Speaker 3: Want to do.
Speaker 1: Because he did say the twenty four hour nurse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's rich. I'm pretty sure they'll have it set up. Yeah, have ANX.
Speaker 1: But this is it's crazy because whenever I have the conversation about not wanting children, right the first thing immediately is like, well, who's going to take care of you when you're old? And when we talk about you saying well, they have a big house, they have all this space. The majority of people are struggling right now, can't afford a twenty four hour nurse, don't have extra bedrooms. No, I'm talking about the majority of America. So this idea that anyone has to now bring in their parents and care for them, it's not realistic. It's not a realistic ask, it's.
Speaker 3: Not a feasibley's not equipped for that everyone.
Speaker 1: And so this is maybe not for Steven A. Smith, but this is a common response, and I saw so many people upset that this was the response. And maybe because of the wealth, but for most of America, I believe a nursing home is what's the most.
Speaker 2: Every parent knows their kid, they know if their kid is going to be willing to do something like that, and hopefully they would set it up where that wouldn't even be a conversation because you don't want miscare from your own offspring, right right, But if you know the hand, that's where you tend to lean towards, and if the hand is not you know, there to be cared, then yeah, you might have to go to the nursing home.
Speaker 5: I mean, my mom has always said, like even when she was in her like forties, she was like, yeah, when it's time to move out of like the house, and we always have like, yeah, send me to a senior citizens joint and let us talk about My mom will always say that and he always she said that for years she said that.
Speaker 3: So she's not tripping off of it. But guess what when it was time. I think I think we take care.
Speaker 4: Of my sentiment.
Speaker 1: Right you said?
Speaker 4: What they think them in is like, you know, you take care of your kids, and you don't want your kids to take care of you, right.
Speaker 3: Understood.
Speaker 1: I would like that to be just an okay sentiment to have because like it does become a burden and it becomes like, why would you want my life to become difficult in your old age when we all know we're gonna get old, Like there should be conversation. And you know what's crazy, now that I think about it, I've had the conversation with my mom with what she wants to do in her passing. She wants to be cremated and put into the ocean. But I don't think, now that I think about it, we've had the conversation about old age because my mom is babe, she gonna be trucking if you ask me, she's gonna be working till she in a step. Oh I'm gonna be I'm gonna hire somebody. I don't want none of my I don't want any of my family, first of all my sisters. Oh no, none of my sisters. I don't want my mama to do it.
Speaker 3: Give everybody fits to me, I'm not gonna lie in my old age.
Speaker 1: I would like to hopefully be in a position to higher care. But I mean, my mom is a nurse, but she gonna be older than me or not here anymore.
Speaker 3: And none of my.
Speaker 1: Sisters are nurses. I can't think that any of my sisters would know what the fuck to do with me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, all play too right.
Speaker 5: We're talking about like old is one thing, infirmed is something different. So like you can just you can be ninety five years old and still be able to wipe your own ass and it just is what it is. Well, you could be seventy two and be in bad shape and need constant care and everybody a isn't equipped for that, willing to do that, And that's just like you said, it's not I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's realistic for most Americans.
Speaker 1: I mean, And that's that's the thing too, right, Like like I know that dementia runs in my family. If it becomes difficult like that, like I have like BPD, bipolar, people with like neurological you know, issues that I choose not to deal with if I am faith with dementia. I don't want to be that burden on anybody. And I think that there's a level of awareness that I think, even in old age we should have to wear. As old parents, we shouldn't want to be a burden onto our children. We shouldn't want them to have to deal with the emotional label or emotional abuse of what's to come once you start, you know, declining. And so I don't know, I'm not mad at her saying this because I ain't gonna hold you Stephen A. Smith at his healthiest. I couldn't imagine putting up with that nigga in old age. Oh my God, think home for you.
Speaker 3: A nigga like Stephen A.
Speaker 5: Smith is probably gonna hire like five only fans girls and like taking care of them and shit like that.
Speaker 3: Nigga's not gonna have no regular nurse. That nigga's not gonna have no old lady.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be perfectly happy whatever situation that he figures out. That had nothing to do with my daughter having to come and change my depends every she wants.
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel though, that that narrative is a healthy one for us overall? Like that as children, we are supposed to be take care of our parents in old age and for parents and vice versa. Do you think it's fair that to have children just to take care of you when you get old on the conversation the expectation because the conversation is what we're happening now. But to me, I think it's almost put as an expectation and you're looked at as a bad person like people are like nursing home. Like there's also society's input or opinion that you're not a good child if you choose not to take care of your parents in old age and then also as parents is people CARTI said, I like having these kids because I need people to take care of me when I get old. That's also to me an expectation that you're putting on people that I don't think is realistical. But they got to have those conversations with the I agree, and that's why I'm realizing I didn't.
Speaker 2: Have to have it. I'm just gone through that. And it was like my mom always said, I don't want y'all to but me. I'm like, but I would never not do it, you know what I mean? Because I know that it wouldn't it's that's my mom, right. It's just you know, I'm thankful that I was able to participate in that. It's just a matter of having a conversation. And to your point, it's not wrong to not want to be able to do that. Either if you don't have the bandwidth or you're not you don't think you can tolerate that, that is absolutely fine, But conversations are necessary. I hope that people are commenting and watching this, do the fake outrage shit. I hope y'all are having a conversation with your parents, probably have kids, just to what your expectations is talking.
Speaker 5: But also I think some of it is cultural, not like Black culture, but like for culture, immigrant families and things like that. Sometimes the idea is like, no, we all live together, like the family is the family.
Speaker 3: There is no like you're over there, I'm over there.
Speaker 5: If you have an elder who is infirmed, if you have a cousin who is down bad, whatever the case is, like we all stay in this same house or in this same neighborhood. You're already the city, You're already there. The community is already established for us to be able to help each other.
Speaker 2: And sometimes for if you don't grow up inside of that kind of culture, with that kind of idealism.
Speaker 3: You're just like like the daughter, like, all right, nurse a home for you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go about my life in my pool, in my house with my husband and my kids, and you be over there and we'll come holl at you on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: I think I act like I'm here.
Speaker 1: I will say, in terms of the need for conversation, you said the conversation needs to be had with your parents, I will say also, this is a conversation to be had in romantic partnerships, yes, because if you're going to be cohabitating, like you don't know if your spouse is aligned with moving in their parents in old age, and now that becomes a burden that you have to take on as well. So this is a conversation that also needs to be had in romantic partnerships.
Speaker 5: And honestly, and I hear this conversation more about men in getting married that I even do about kids. I know a lot of women who are like, look at these old niggas with nobody, and they think they still in the club.
Speaker 2: They think it's cute. But when you get old, who you're not going to have a wife to help you out. You're not going to have a partner to help you out. You're just going to die alone and be like Kevin Samuels.
Speaker 1: I just hate that rhetoric because again, and this is I think what men need to do better at is friendships. Like when people talk about dying old or dying with nobody there, maybe I got a community around me. I have no fear in saying that I don't want to be married, saying that I don't want children, and that I fear dying alone. I have really good friends in my system now and cut a lot of these bitches off because I realize they're not good. But the ones that are still in my life I have that are strong. I have very good male friends in my life. I have show that I still think would always show up for me. And so to me, this idea that only your romantic partners are your children or who's gonna watch you after age. We all create communities and villages around us, and I think that that needs to be pressed as what's more important not just that your kids or your husband gonna be the only ones. When you build community and you live life as a good person and a giving person and a caring person. You're never going to be alone.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you one thousand percent.
Speaker 5: And I think that's an important point to make because you're right, Like you talk about your family and then the family that you choose, yep, and like who you surround yourself with, Who do you trust?
Speaker 3: Who do you know will show up for you? Who do you know actually loves you, cares for you and wants to do those things for you?
Speaker 5: And people are wrapped up in that romance of like my husband, my wife, if that's the only thing you'll ever have once you get married, And.
Speaker 3: That's just not true.
Speaker 1: It's just not true.
Speaker 3: It could be an uber driver, it could be a driver.
Speaker 5: The most wants you to be decent. We're putting decent right along with great these sense decen the same place.
Speaker 1: Saying bout nowhere child, now any old Jason, I love having We gotta talk. We're gonna talk because baby, the way, our calendar just well, you know, the summertime tricky. We got a lot of travels coming up. Things is happening, a lot of moving pieces, but we are trying to get up there at the end of the month.
Speaker 3: I'm so this whole episode with this goddamn AirPod some real.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that would you because I kept getting the air pod notification on my iPad.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe see he had one?
Speaker 1: Did you? Were you getting the notification to bro? It kept on my screen?
Speaker 3: You on his head. They're gonna be like, think at this nigga bluetooth talking ship. As long as you have the Atlanta ship they be doing over the big head. I thought we was past that part in life, and nigga starts. Niggas bringing that ship back.
Speaker 5: Niggas have headphone, I see with your microphone. Yeah, the truck be having everybody the gamer or the gamer headphones. Niggas be buying groceries and Kroger with the headset one of them.
Speaker 3: Niggas would do that.
Speaker 1: You well, y'all, this was a really this was a fun episode. This was ignorant.
Speaker 6: This was ignorant, Jason, we push the limit.
Speaker 3: We push the limit here.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all, if you want to watch a full episode of this, make sure you head on over to YouTube. It's YouTube dot com backslash at with Mandy b. And if you want to listen and watch this full episode completely add free join us over on Patreon This patreon dot com backslash with Mandy b. There's also a discord where baby are our patrons get into the all of the weeds of the conversations and share that about this episode. And I'm excited next week I'll come back and let y'all know about my time in Saint Martin and Saint bart This is where.
Speaker 3: I'll be this week.
Speaker 1: So if y'all want to see all of the bikini content, bag head on the instagram.
Speaker 2: What you are?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, Mandy Ship Yo, listen, you walk with lighting like your pictures.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, yo, outside it's outside, or I get lucky I be with Yomi, you know yo yah. Yeah, shout out to the homie Yomi. Were waiting on your your lovely return. Until then, enjoy the fall off the world. Hello col world, Uh Jason, are you going? I think it's next this week or no, it's next week this weekend.
Speaker 4: I got check it out. I'm stuck in like Summer jams on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a lot of go. Let's go.
Speaker 7: Who's the headliner for Summer jam This three stages French Montana, Young Miami, uh forty one Ice Spice Zeeddi will Oh Wow, thirty eight special.
Speaker 4: Say It every Morning.
Speaker 3: That's I was going to say, this sounds like, sounds a straight voice. Cobain is gonna be there, right, Okay, official welcome party.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: That actually sounds very New York. That is a very New York lineup.
Speaker 3: I like you.
Speaker 1: It's very intentional, very intentional.
Speaker 2: And I saw that you're going to do like a doing a different style where it's three stages and then he's gonna cap with a with a party, a big old stadium party arena.
Speaker 4: I got some insight. I don't know about it ready.
Speaker 2: I ready, I saw it on the fly the bill, so I'm and I'm using theater to mind, Like, yo, that'd be pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Jason's like, I don't know, I just gotta work.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not putting on the event. Well, guys, thank you' all. This is another episode of Selective Ignorance, where curiosity lives, controversy thrives, and conversations matter. Like The Ignorance, a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 4: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy B. Selective Ignorance. It's executive produced to Buy Mandy B. And it's a Full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Rondriguez. That's me and Aaron A.
Speaker 3: King Howard.
Speaker 4: Now, do us a favor and rate, subscribe, comment, and share wherever you get your favorite podcasts, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our hosts Mandy B, make sure you're following her at full Court Pumps.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: If you want the full video experience of Selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash selective Ignorance.
Speaker 1: It's Segro Mady B. And you just checked out my new podcast, Selective Ignorance. If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you head on over and hit that subscribe button and check out Selective Ignorance every Tuesday and every Friday wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts