Speaker 1: The offense is a little struggling out there today. I mean, I know it's a mini camp, but what did you do performance?
Speaker 2: I thought it was good. I didn't get that same feeling, but that was good practice. And uh, I thought all three phases did a sold job.
Speaker 3: As far as training camp. And who's gonna be still recovering when training camp begins?
Speaker 4: Is it Mustapha? Are you Rourke and.
Speaker 3: Curvish Robinson as the ones who are unlikely to begin any anyone else on that list?
Speaker 2: It sounds close.
Speaker 5: I definitely didn't ask about the first day of training camp today, so I'm not sure. But that's a pretty good guess. Those all sound accurate A long way.
Speaker 3: Of me asking if any of the absentees for these camps might go into Lake A lot.
Speaker 5: Some could those like the ones you mentioned, I've done know all the others, but we'll do that evaluation firstday we get back from training camp. I think most of these guys are good. Just to help you guys with that. Let me see my injuries, all right?
Speaker 2: Are Brown I had ankle clean up surgery we're expecting back by training camp.
Speaker 5: Ricky Purcell pursal had a hamstring nothing serious, He is really pretty good.
Speaker 2: Now we're just being safe, so they'll be good by training camp.
Speaker 5: Alfred Collins is calf happened before the draft, pretty good now being smart with them. He should be good by training camp. Andre Dillard had his ankle scoped. He'll be good by training camp. Juwan Jennings calf nothing serious training camp. George Otom his knee just still rehapping from the season. He should be good from training camp. He tour, just some old knee wearing tear. We're just being smart with him. He'll be fine by training camp. Trent Taylor had his back he went on IR so you won't. Michael Williams just a tight hamstring. We're just being smart. Probably could go this week, but we'll just hold him for training camp. Ayuk Mustafa Curtis still.
Speaker 2: Dealing with their acls. Sure, only one minute left.
Speaker 6: Brandon, I was out there, but I saw since you guys have been back, just get interested to know, like what a conversation has been like between you and Randon. How's he feeling after coming back from Aco surgery. He is making his way back.
Speaker 2: He's making his way back.
Speaker 5: He's still in the middle of it. So he's working through that. You know, he's been around. He's been rehabbing for the most part, but he's been out to some practices and it's good to have him out today.
Speaker 7: Williams looked him a limited time he's been out here, but and and just how I guess vital is it to manage his work close so we can make it through a season healthy.
Speaker 2: I think it's vital, just the same as it always is.
Speaker 5: You know, we you know, when you get injuries, you get injuries, but we you know, with guys with age and the wear and tear and stuff, we just try to keep their legs fresher and stuff. And it's been good to get him here in two weeks of individual drills and things like that, and be shocked if we put him out there tomorrow. I don't expect to see him except for maybe individual and he'll be good to go for camp writer Kyle, he looks lighter. Maybe I haven't checked him out as hard as you have, But.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: I think he looks good though, you know, he looks in shape, and he's been in shaping his drills. He's gone through them all and he's healthy and right where he needs to be.
Speaker 1: Like a big picture talk like how much longer do you want to play? Do you do you need to know that is the way you built your roster.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I need to know that or we need to know that right now.
Speaker 5: The stuff I talked to tren about not all the time, but every once in a while, but you take everything year by year.
Speaker 2: The defense I decided, right, I mean, I think he affects the quarterback.
Speaker 5: When you talk about just getting off the getting off the ball and how fast he does it, I mean he'll be our best get off the ball guy we've had since Steve Ford.
Speaker 2: So in terms of that it, you know, it's good to.
Speaker 5: Be tackles that way, but also widens tackles to help with the inside pass rush and things like that.
Speaker 2: And he affects a quarterback last year kind of Jake Moody. He's got the new sort of like wind up where he sort of towards his leg. What's your oppression of that field? Will has been going between the two uprights. I've liked it so far. Been good. He had a more challenging season last year, but christ Sarah talked about he still thought he had some good film out there.
Speaker 4: What did you see from life?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: And why was it so challenging for him? I mean, I don't think he didn't play that much.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, he sat for a number of games, and I just think that's you know, the player didn't change. It just didn't fits well their scheme, you know, and just what they do schematically and stuff. You know, I think they wanted to go a different traction on stuff. You know, they're outside guys dropping the coverage and things like that, being the three to four base and that's something we really never do.
Speaker 2: So it's a little bit different. But as far as just watching.
Speaker 5: Them on tape and stuff, he always kind of looked the same. I just don't think the opportunities were there for him.
Speaker 6: When he goes to Robert sala it was a play out there where Robert got all out in the middle of everything, excited for his guys, so they made a play. Do you see a difference in I will say the aura of the defense with Robert Salah back out there with the guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the guys, you know, there's only a.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing like three guys maybe four who were here when he was here last and so I think those guys have a lot of confidence in him, and remember it's time here and they probably expressed that confidence they have them in him to the other guys. But yeah, our energy has been great throughout the whole team, through the defense definitely. It's all has been great too.
Speaker 8: From Jacob Cowing and how he's come back to these practices.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, Jacob, I thought put in some of the most work that anyone did over the offseason, just you know, as far as doing it before Phase one started and then continuing continuing it through one, two, and three, and I think it's really transferred over into those other TA practices doing well for Yeah, I think Jordan's doing solid, he said, some good days, some bad, but normal.
Speaker 8: It's just the most the most speed you've had with your weapons. And are you excited about what that potentially could lead.
Speaker 3: To this year?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think it is, but but I'm excited about our weapons. You talking about forty times and stuff. There's been some groups that have been maybe faster, but it doesn't equate to better.
Speaker 4: You guys reportedly have a visit with Gabe Davis.
Speaker 8: Did you I mean, is that indication in heart that you could have interest in a veteran wide receiver at some point down the road, or you at least monitoring the market.
Speaker 5: I think it's how we handle every situation. We monitor everything. So I think Gays visited a few teams. He's a guy we've been a fan of in the past, and he wanted to visit a few teams and talk to them about mutual interest and we had a good visit.
Speaker 2: But that's stuff we really never stopped doing.
Speaker 4: Gus Browley bring to the mix.
Speaker 5: Gus, I mean Gus, I have as much respect for as any coach been around, going against him a ton how good he's been, and I just feel very fortunate to get him here.
Speaker 2: Saul has been with him for a long time.
Speaker 5: They have different personalities, but they're from very similar backgrounds, so I think it's really cool for Solid to have him to bounce ideas off of and kind of to challenge him in certain ways. And Gus also brings a certain wisdom just as far as teaching, how he communicates with people. He's always trying to help guys out around the building, and I think he's been one of our huge additions this offseason.
Speaker 4: Appeals for you for bringing in coaches whose fathers also had football backgrounds to get about you and the Koubix and Greasy was here and now McK lombardy, who's you know? He used to race dance to the phone, and here Al Davis on the other end of the line. And guys that have been football guys probably since their dads were practice. Is there is there.
Speaker 8: Something to that?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I think I haven't been in another line of works, but and I kind of find that people who've grown up around a certain profession have kind of been paying attention to it since they can remember three years old. It's not absolute by any means in any situation, but I do feel people. I feel those guys sometimes have an eighteen year head start over other people, whether they realize it or not. Like I always wanted to be a player my whole life, didn't admit to myself that I wanted to be a coach till probably college, once I started learning that I wasn't a good enough player. But you don't realize until you get into coaching how much you've been working on it. I mean, I just think of like every dinner I've had growing up, and I'm just sitting with my mom and my sister and my dad, and always half through, halfway through every probably every meal I've had since fifth grade, my sister and mom are eventually annoyed with my free agent questions, my draft questions, forty questions, like all types of stuff like that. And I think people are like that always, not always, but a lot with their dad. And if you're like that, whatever line of work you go into, you have a little bit of a head start, and that gives you an advantage, but you got to take advantage of that too.
Speaker 2: I'm not a drink question.
Speaker 1: If you could, you've mentioned it's a younger team, a lot of different people on it. How important is he an older guy? Obviously it was all the all pros and all the things he got, just his presence, his vibe. How important is he now even with a younger team.
Speaker 2: I think it's big.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think sometimes that stuff can be underrated and also overrated, but like I mean, everyone knows who trend is. It's I mean, just the query he's had been one of the best tackles to play the game. So when when you are a name that people have grown up watch and they want to see how you are in the building. I think it's always different when you're a thirty six year old and the position he plays, and if he's not someone that you're gonna ever recommend a twenty two year old or something that acts exactly that same way and go through that same path turns in a different time in his career than everyone else. But I love Trimp being around so people can see how much he does care about.
Speaker 2: Football, how much he does work at football. You know that by how he plays.
Speaker 5: But it's cool at his age and where he's at in his career for people to still see what he has to do to get ready. He has to do it for himself more than anything. But anytime you have the kind of credibility that someone like Trend has earned, anytime someone gets to watch him do that and watch what he puts into it is will always help other people.
Speaker 2: When did your dad start listening to your suggestions?
Speaker 5: He pretended He always did, at least most of the dinner until I would disagree with him, and eventually he would I'd get annoying, which is happening with me and my son every night right now, and my daughters too, and my wife.
Speaker 2: But I probably probably more when I got in college.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of things that came up and you start to realize there's some different perspectives and people look at it all the time, and I think you would actually enjoy it and call you a week later and be like, hey, what you were so adamant about all thirty of those things? Actually one of them you were right on, So maybe I should listen a little more sometimes.
Speaker 7: When Mac Childs was in here last week, he was talking about it relearned to trust Laceason and cut it loose. When you have a guy like that who had some early success and then didn't have success and has to kind of regain confidence, how do you kind of go about rebuilding that with a guy like him.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get him to trust what they do and let it rip. That's all I want.
Speaker 5: In practice, Like you go through all these practices and you never throw a pick, you're probably not getting better. I think that's one of the biggest challenges having you guys around. No offense to you guys, but they used not to report people's stats every day and say who's ahead, who's back, who's whatever. You could just practice and when guys played a practice that way, they don't get better at anything, So especially at quarterback. I mean it's hard when you get in that stadium and things like that. Not only are you getting hint for the first time, but now all that stuff counts. And if you don't let a rip and go through all that in practice, you're not going to get any better in the games. And then it's usually a matter of time before someone passes you up.
Speaker 8: How is this time between now in camp for both your players and coaches? What have you said to them about how you want them to.
Speaker 1: Spend that time.
Speaker 5: I mean, the biggest part is the work we put in already, like the work we put in since April whatever, since Phase one. I've I've been extremely proud of the guys and what they've done. You get, you put all that work in, and now we got these two practices left, and now it's one really and I mean, I almost want to cancel the whole week, But there's twenty guys out there who still really need this week. And then there's sixty guys who kind of you know, they're just trying to get through this and let's not get them injured. And that's kind of our biggest goal with everything everyone's put in the work. There's some younger guys who still need more reps, but it's knowing what you've done. Now get away from us for about forty days. Some guys can stay here. We have the weight room open, we have all that stuff, but get away, assess what's gone on, work to improve that stuff. So when you come back to really compete in training camp, you've put in the work and now you found a way to take a step forward. Like I remember, you go back to spring football or anything, and it doesn't matter whether it's good or bad. You put in all that work and then you need a certain amount of time to get away so you can can find a way to get an edge on people you're competing against. And that's that time for these guys.
Speaker 6: John Lunch talked about Christian McCaffrey just how impressed he's been with him. Obviously, Christian is such a consistent guy and his approach and everything.
Speaker 1: But is there anything that maybe has stood out to you that you've seen from Christian?
Speaker 5: If I said it, I'd be making up because Christian is I mean, he is a psycho in a good way, and so like he does everything imaginable every single day last year. He couldn't because he was bat on injury all last year, and the year's healthy, so he's right back to being who he's always been and it's really fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys,