Speaker 1: Was up. It's sauce on the side, Episode fifty two.
Speaker 2: Wow, right, Yeah, I think we're we're just trucking along.
Speaker 3: Here, trucking. That's a full year podcast.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to one hundred and then throw a party or something.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Do you think we should do a live a live show four hundredth podcasts?
Speaker 3: Just I've been wanting to bring this up to you because I think I found a perfect space. Oh can I just say the space? Sure? I think you should do it at City Winery. It's like one hundred to two hundred people that could come. It's like an intimate night. You know, it's not going to be so daunting. You could easily sell this out. And I think it would be so much fun. It could be like Gandhi and Friends.
Speaker 1: Oh, that could be fun.
Speaker 3: I would love that. I think a live show. Honestly, why wait until one hundred seventy five is a party? Sixty is a party?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: We're really lowering the bar here and saying.
Speaker 3: We should go now sixty this episode. Yeah, well, it doesn't even need to be that. If you would get a fun friend to go, we could make this a really fun party. Get some merch. Oh, imagine if you it's like your zoga podcast merch.
Speaker 1: Guess what podcast words?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying podcast.
Speaker 2: By the way, Hey, I'm Gandhi and I'm here with my buddies Andrew and Diamond Hiller. Hi, how's your head? Diamond?
Speaker 1: It's okay right now. I don't know. It's like a combination of things. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Are you stressed out from the Grammys last night? I did more so the reaction to the Grammys that too.
Speaker 1: Yes, hashtag you know who you are, all of you.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it because people might not know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's talk about it. So my queen Beyonce Giselle Carter, I mean Nole's Carter. Excuse me. She finally won Album of the Year for her country album Cowboy Carter, and she won Best Country Album, and she won Best Is It Country Duo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 1: Something won that woman, Zach Brian, I remember everything, Casey. We'll get to her one at a time, honey, all grievances, right, So she won well deserved as usual, because in my opinion, she's the hardest working woman in show business and I flipped my hair on purpose. You couldn't see it, but I did it. But so many people have like such an issue with this. People who are now all of a sudden country fans who actually care about the Grammys for once, are now upset because Beyonce is not country. Beyonce is whoever she decides to be when she wakes up in the morning. I'm sorry, I think she has that right. But the album was a country album. So if she was recognized as a country artist, or the album was recognized as a country album and she won for it, then maybe your besties and your favorites need to do better.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of backlash about Beyonce winning. I just didn't know people really cared that much. I'm very confused because post Malone started out rapping, he then did alternative, he then did country. Nobody seems to be complaining about that. Miley Cyrus started out Hannah Montana all this, she just won the award with Beyonce in country music. Nobody has a problem with that. But people are real but her about Beyonce specifically, what do you think.
Speaker 1: It could be?
Speaker 3: Oh, it makes no sense. Can I throw my two cents in.
Speaker 2: Of course you've got a microphone, Andrew.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense to me. It is so dumb. Miley Cyrus also had younger. Now that was her foray into country music. If we remember that too. Welcome open arms. And someone has specifically mentioned post Malone, being like she was up against post Malone, the rapper, post Malone, the rock singer post Malone, Oh, the country singer post Malone. He paid his dues, right.
Speaker 2: See, whoever the fuck he wants to be on whatever day he wants to be a right.
Speaker 3: And that we're fine with that. Oh no, no, but he's friends with people in the country industry, so that you know. But meanwhile, Beyonce, Dolly Parton, ye, Willie Nelson.
Speaker 2: They all co signed, all these massive iconic human beings and country music co signed on this album.
Speaker 1: Now she did say, so who did it?
Speaker 3: Jason Eldan, thank you yourself.
Speaker 2: It's just something about it's a little sketchy and it feels I was trying to put it into words because obviously we're all looking and we're saying, well, this seems racist. Before I try to throw that out into the ether, I always take a step back and think, is this actually racist? Am I looking at this through a lens because I'm a person of color, where I'm being offended about something that isn't actually racist, and in this case, I think it's racism.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, something's not quite white about it. I'm just saying it. It's something's mmmm, it's it's it's annoying because you get to pick what you submit your songs to category wise. So she did Americana, she did folk, she did country, she did rap. That's the I think the beauty of music. Why is it that she was shut out? Shut out again, not even a nom Something's not that you tell me, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldan, tell me what's going on with the lady. Let's talk about that. Bigger conversations need to be had. Any who.
Speaker 2: It just seemed like when post Malone was doing it, it was, oh my god, how eclectic, what a bold move, doing whatever music you want to, And then when it's a black woman doing the same thing, it's all of a sudden like stay in your lane, little lady. Yep, I'll know if you know, you're not supposed to be here.
Speaker 3: The thing is that they try and make it come from a perspective of she didn't pay her dues. What dous need to be paid exactly. It doesn't make any sense. You shouldn't need to pay dues for whatever. If I'm a pop singer and then all of a sudden one day I want to go do alternative, it's like open arms, but for some reason with country they have a very weird guard up where you have to be welcomed in. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense. Casey Musgraves is a perfect example of that. The minute you mentioned smoking pot, kissing girls, kissing girls or boys, whatever you're into, it's.
Speaker 2: Like follow your arrow an amazing song.
Speaker 3: Not paying dues shouldn't get in. Just say that you're homophobic. Say just say it. It's easier.
Speaker 2: They are saying it. They're saying it without saying it.
Speaker 3: It's the new DEI, all those des Andrews, which goes back to being the new woke. It's just too much.
Speaker 2: I think de I is going to replace the N word for a lot of people who really want to say it.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, they can't say it, so they're just.
Speaker 2: Going to say stupid stuff like do I hire for a lot of people seem to be forgetting what the E is, by the way, and they're going to be very sad when the East starts to go away.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for it to go away. I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I you know, no, I can't because it's going to impact all of us.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to see people eat their words.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, you know, he's going to be eating in a year. That's cute.
Speaker 3: I just know. I had avocado on my sandwich this weekend and I said, I'm going to enjoy it. Wal it's here goes to become like a thirty dollars sandwich. But back to the Grammy, I'm happy beyon one.
Speaker 2: I'm happy Beyonce one. I think I think a lot of people we're very happy that Beyonce won.
Speaker 1: A lot of people. Yeah, I know a lot of people text me personally and we're just like your girl one, I'm so happy for her.
Speaker 3: I'm like me too. They don't happen for Lana one day.
Speaker 1: No, it won't happen for Lana.
Speaker 3: Well it'll happen.
Speaker 2: You think Alana's gonna make a country album?
Speaker 3: Uh, she was supposed to. But knowing Lana del Ray, she posts like like Canva art and it's like, this is my new album and you're like, please don't make that the album cover. And she announces projects and then two years later she's like, all right, here's a new album, completely different title, completely different everything. She just does whatever comes to her.
Speaker 2: That's artists do whatever they want to do because they're artist who cares. It's so funny that all of these non artists are telling artists what they can and cannot create.
Speaker 3: It's the dweves who aren't creative saying like, well, you got to pay a due to get in. No, you don't. You couldn't make it, and that's why you're hacking it as like a low level executive.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Don't try and comfort the people actually making the art and telling them that they're not allowed in that world. Like you're the dwep, you're the dork who couldn't hack it, So sit down.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people said Brandon and I mentioning Zoga our art business, that we didn't pay our dues and we're bombs who just scammed our way into the industry, and how dare we are able to have an art show in New York City without having paid our dues. I'm like, let me tell you some what I have been at this job with this microphone, not this one, but a microphone since I was twenty years old. I have paid some dues. Trust me, it might not be in the art industry that you want it to be in, but I've paid a lot of dues, and I've built a lot. I've paid dues. I was very lucky to be able to parlay it into something else. I'm sorry that you hate me for that, because apparently in New York City, have you ever seen what people have to go through. No, you have to like sign up for an apprenticeship or some type of almost internship program where you're not getting paid at galleries, so you work for free, and then you can pay a membership fee to always have your name in the ring in case a gallery opens up, and then you have to pay to have an art show at a lot of these places.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, it's scambony.
Speaker 2: So I was like, cool, y'all can hate as much as you want to hate from.
Speaker 1: Outside the club. You can't even get in. Yeah. I thought about making that my Instagram bio now, that page, but I thought someone would say, like you're a loser for that, like you literally, Yeah, I'm now I'm a weep. But now that you said it, I might have to change some things up a little bit.
Speaker 2: In the words of Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, he won to Grammy last night. Yeah, yeah, I know best is it like best R and B album. It's the first time he won since everything that happened. Yeah, so his fans were very excited.
Speaker 2: His fans are a rabid group of people, very weird. You can't tell them anything. They're like, he may have beat the ship out of someone, but did.
Speaker 1: She die though? That is insane?
Speaker 2: It's so crazy. He then continued a pattern of crazy that kind of indicated it's not such a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he threw a chair through the like at a window. Didn't people out of the Like it came the glass and came out and like fell onto the ground somewhere. I'm sorry, it's not funny.
Speaker 2: Did you imagine walking?
Speaker 1: I don't want to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Can you imagine walking? You get hit by a chair? Now, this is the thing. It was probably so far up that if it actually hit somebody, they probably would have died. So I'm happy that it didn't hit anyone. But could you imagine if you're walking down the street, you get hit with a chair and you find out that Chris Brown threw it. Oh pay day.
Speaker 2: Even if it wasn't hurt, immediate flop on the I can't feel anything.
Speaker 1: It was a long chair.
Speaker 2: Wait, maybe it wasn't the chair hold on. According to The Hollywood Reporter circa twenty eleven, he broke the window, glass shattered all over, and fell onto the ground below. I don't know if the chair actually came out of the window.
Speaker 3: Particles sharp, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Glass cut me.
Speaker 2: If an icicle can fall off a building and kill you, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, one thing that you.
Speaker 3: Were saying about paying your dues in the art world, I think that's why I was happy that Beyonce won, because it felt like she exactly and how many times does that woman have to get nominated and lose? And that's like the biggest category.
Speaker 2: I don't think The Cowboy Carter is Beyonce's best album. There are a lot of her albums that were incredible. I really liked Lemonade. I know that might not be people's favorites. I freaking loved that album. I thought it was incredible. She should have won for so many things, but she won for this one. Oh well, whatever, who cares. But the outrage from the country world calm it down touts.
Speaker 1: I think that they should be more upset with the Academy if they're upset about anything, like, don't be mad at Beyonce. Be mad about the fact that these people voted for when you didn't think, quote unquote, it was a country album. And I think also it's kind of like the Academy given an f you to country music too, because like you didn't nominate her for any of your awards. So not only was she nominated, but she won and we thought that she was worthy of this award. Thank you? So can we talk about her each the lack thereof Beyonce waiting for years for this and you're gonna piss me off. I stayed up late for you. I have a headache today because of your ass. I stayed up late to hear hers talk about how many years it took, how many nos she got, blah blah blah, blah blah. I wanted to see a tear drop and she's just like, thank you to the Academy. Long years of hard work. I'm like, what the fuck? You looked in the mirror and studied this and practiced this for this? What have I told you about?
Speaker 2: Beyonce not a strong.
Speaker 1: Speaker nor a reader, so it's tough. It's tough for her.
Speaker 2: Did you watch The Lion King?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't.
Speaker 2: Don't. The live action version The Lion King was ruined by one Beyonce Jaselle Noles Carter. I'm sorry, let her alone, live her alone. They changed all this whole role like what what it? Lines were delivered terribly and she was clearly reading a script. I'm just saying, So, don't expect a ton from her in that capacity.
Speaker 3: You byers hate her impression. No, it's hysterical.
Speaker 1: Don't do it not during Black History money exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna ship my today's.
Speaker 2: I want to hear it, but I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: He has twenty five more days. He could wait until I have to wait twenty five days do it.
Speaker 3: I don't even think I'm not good at it. She's good at it. She's like Simba, you gotta get your water from the whale. She's just the way she says it. At all, you have to listen to it. She said, go back and listen to it, and she's like, you will see that that is actually an accurate Beyonce impersonation.
Speaker 2: You know the thing what Beyonce is she is an incredible performer and an incredible singer. She's just always Beyonce. I don't think she should try and play other characters ever in the world.
Speaker 3: I like her. She s gold Member.
Speaker 1: She was Beyonce. Oh it was so good. She was Foxy Cleopatra, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And she had that song off that oh you gotta working out.
Speaker 2: She was Beyonce parading as fox say Cleopatra.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, twenty years old? Don't tell me you guys, have you seen I know you have it, so I'm not even gonna look at you. Andrew, have you seen Carmen a hip hop?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is it? Hippa? It was horrible, but it was gone on.
Speaker 3: It was horrible.
Speaker 1: It's horrible, so kind of yes. Yes to B movies.
Speaker 2: I don't get me started on TV movies. I've shut them off no less than twenty five times. I keep going back to the well, they're so bad. I got my friend to watch one over the weekend. He sent me a video.
Speaker 1: He was like, what the fuck is this horrible? It's so bad.
Speaker 2: But I watched a movie that I remember being I feel like people were so amped about it in like the late nineties, Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the remake where it's like modern day but it's it.
Speaker 2: Could be the worst thing I've ever seen. I couldn't even You have Jamie Kennedy yelling out Shakespeare in the style of.
Speaker 3: Hip hop's insane. That's insane.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I was gonna say, I have to look that up. I don't even want to.
Speaker 2: Don't watch it, don't do it. Yikes. Have you watched any of the movies that you were signed with?
Speaker 3: No, I've been on a succession binge. But I finished it. And let me tell you something, ten out of.
Speaker 1: Ten, you've finished it already.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was so good. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Andrew's like, watch it, watch it, watch it. Oh my god, you have to watch it. So I started watching. He has gotten through four seasons in like three days. It's been three weeks, three weeks, four seasons. I'm like partially through season three. I don't know if I even want to finish it. I don't find it to be this like amazing, captivating show that everyone else does.
Speaker 3: It's I just exhausting the way they're awful people, terrible people, and it just feels like you just want them to learn a lesson and then you just realize they will never learn their lesson. They're idiots.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like any of them are really that terrible. Kendall sucks and his dad sucks, but like Shift so far, she's not that bad. She's on her husband, like, okay, she did, starts out together and they just roman. He's just like any other NEPO baby. I feel like that you run into Indus Street. I don't feel like they're any worse. A lot of people were trying to compare this show to The Sopranos and how engaging it was. You know, absolutely not the Sopranos. They were all really terrible people.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are hovorable people, are awful people.
Speaker 2: They're all just Metal was awful.
Speaker 1: What She's just an annoying kid.
Speaker 2: No, she was also an annoying adult who would not take responsibility for the fact that her family was clearly balls deep in the mafia and was like, you're cheating my dad so bad. I'm gonna become a lawyer so that you can never do this to anyone.
Speaker 3: Forgot it was so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna finish it, Andrew, but thus far I have not been you.
Speaker 3: Know, it ends in the perfect way. Oh, you're gonna like the end of season three. Though I liked the end of season.
Speaker 2: Three, I will say, you've turned me onto some cool stuff, so I try to give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to talk to you about the end of this show specifically because I think it wraps it up very nicely.
Speaker 1: What's the last really good show you watched, Diamond, Real Housewives of Orange County. No, it's so funny. It is, it is. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say a scripted show, but I do believe that those are partially scripted.
Speaker 1: No, No, they're not scripted. Scripted show, and Andrew, you need to watch Orange County. I think I just wish that I could like have control of your TVs for like three days.
Speaker 2: Give me a scripted show that you liked. I know you like The Sopranos, loved it, you liked The Office, loved it. So I feel like we are on the same page with a lot of things, because those will be two of my favorite shows of all time.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm trying to think I love Abbott. Oh my god, that show is amazing. It is the best show on the planet. Literally, it's so funny. But I'm trying to think of something like suspenseful. I'm not really that girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, not No, Sopranos was suspensive.
Speaker 1: Oh that was good. That was good. I'm gonna try to get into the wire. This is going to be like my fifth attempt.
Speaker 2: I okay, I've tried the wire for like five times. Also, I couldn't get into it. I don't mind looking at Idris Elba.
Speaker 1: That's about it.
Speaker 2: Do you know my sister walks around quoting Snoop all day long?
Speaker 1: Really? Yes?
Speaker 2: What she has like a welcome thing in her house. That's a quote from Snoop, which is very funny because, like, my sister is probably the softest person I've ever met in my life, just walks around saying the ship like, what where did you get that Snoop? From the wire? Okay, okay, so I asked a while ago for a bunch of ask me anythings which I feel like always started a good conversation, even though we've been talking now for I'm not really sure how long, but a while. Do you think you'll just be able to answer off the cuff or do you think you'll need a second to think about me?
Speaker 3: Just throw one out there, okay?
Speaker 2: If you won the lottery? Yeah, would you still work here? And or where would you work if you didn't work here?
Speaker 3: Okay? Easy? I always follow this up with how much is the lottery worth? Because if it's a million bucks after taxes, that's fine. Hundred thousand. If I'm quitting my job for five hundred thousand, slap me, slap me across that face.
Speaker 2: Price it's an avocados exactly across that face.
Speaker 3: That's wild. I mean, you're gonna do it anyway. I win the lottery, I would love to know if.
Speaker 2: I had, like, it's like job quitting money, don't I'm not going to specify.
Speaker 3: Let's say, but it's just D two one hundred million. That's that's how I'm quitting ten million. I'm getting there. You would quit? I need to walk away with at least ten million. I would quit.
Speaker 1: You quit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For ten million? Then I can at least invest in stuff that I want to do. I don't have to wake up at four forty five in the morning. I don't have to do any of this. I could just literally be home when you don't want to wake.
Speaker 2: Up at four forty five. You don't what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: But I still listen to this.
Speaker 1: Does whatever? Andrew? Whatever you say.
Speaker 2: We all laugh at Andrew because when he doesn't have anything to say, he just mocks you. Shut up, Angie, can it?
Speaker 1: It doesn't work?
Speaker 3: Who's doing for York getting the crowd going? You're a sick man, this crowd?
Speaker 2: Okay jokes Okay, So you would not work if you got like fifty million dollars. Yeah, you wouldn't work anywhere. You wouldn't were here.
Speaker 3: I would invest in my side businesses happily.
Speaker 1: You would dedicate your life to koozies.
Speaker 3: Coozies and podcasting that I'd make my own money on interesting easy. I don't have to stress myself out.
Speaker 1: Oh plug your koozies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, brew pants, we have our bottles now. They're on the TikTok shop. And let me tell you something, the TikTok shop. These things are going viral. It's insane. We did two hundred orders in one day. Why, yeah, crazy. It's a baby bottle. We did get it from China, but we did test it to make sure that it's lead free and all the BPA freeze. There's a lot to get into these things.
Speaker 1: Try to tell you that they.
Speaker 3: Sent us their reports. So and you get two koozies and they look like alcohol bottles. So we've gotten some hate on that on social media, saying that we promote alcoholism but in babies. Yeah, there's that a real statement. Oh, the comments are insane on these things. They're like, oh, I didn't know alcoholism was cute as well.
Speaker 1: It is hilarious to think about.
Speaker 3: And it's Tommy drunk.
Speaker 2: Baby's drunk anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the people went in the business with one of them, Tommy the large redhead. He just responds with like swag under comments, has no care in the world. So yeah, if you're on Amazon, principle he is. He is a school principle that is sick. If you're on Amazon, search brew pants, get the bottles. They make great baby shower gifts. They make great baby gifts.
Speaker 2: This plug is getting a little long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do I have to pay for a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might have to. Okay, went on for a while.
Speaker 3: Well, you can snip this in post.
Speaker 2: I will not I enjoy doing these, not editing anything. Actually that's kind of nice. All right, Diamond, would you quit?
Speaker 1: I don't think I would quit. I would just try to figure out a way where I could keep my job without getting up as early.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not quitting.
Speaker 1: No, I like my job. No, I really do.
Speaker 3: For real.
Speaker 1: No, you'd be fucking for real.
Speaker 2: The door.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying, for fifty million, you're still gonna wake up, sit here and they tell you to pull something. You're gonna be like, at six am, I have fifty million into the bankcount you're gonna say what?
Speaker 1: No? I okay, So how about maybe I'd keep my part time role here, but maybe i'd get an apartment out here or a condo out here and walk to work every day. Maybe i'd be maybe, maybe there are so many possibilities. Right when you have that much money, you want to do something that makes you happy. I think that if I was like, I'd probably take a month off though, Like I'd be like, all right, I'll be back next month. But at some point you'd get bored just being in the house, so I probably want to come in. Hey, motherfuckers, what's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, hell, whatever I do, I would not quit. I would probably make them fire me at some point because I would just say whatever I wanted to do, because I'd be like.
Speaker 1: I got you can't fuck with me.
Speaker 2: Money, all the things I'm not allowed to talk about. I'm talking about it. I'll deal with the FCC find no problem. Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Take it.
Speaker 2: You're sick.
Speaker 1: You're a sick woman.
Speaker 2: I would like to start an animal sanctuary, like an actual one, or we would rescue a bunch of animals. That'll be fun, I said earlier. I would love to be a panda cuddler in China. You've seen them, right, doesn't that look amazing and fulfilling?
Speaker 3: I will say the zoo I went to in Beijing, and I lived in China.
Speaker 1: I thought you lived in Japan.
Speaker 3: I went to China first study abroad. It was three weeks, but that was the most depressings you I've ever been in in my whole life. Because one of the sanctuaries was right under a highway. Seeing the enclosure that there was just trash, and it was like, the poor animals, it's making.
Speaker 2: Me so sad, so we'll go and we'll make it better. Oh.
Speaker 3: I would steal those pandas and babies.
Speaker 2: They're so clingy. Have you seen how.
Speaker 1: Clingy they are? Diamond, No, because I don't think about pandas. Uh, Like, I don't give a fuck. I really don't. It's like, this is the girl who wants to get a dog and not walk in Yeah, I want a dog. I think about that specific dog in my head. I don't think about fucking pandas. What the fuck am I thinking about a panda for? Because I don't like zoos a fucking smell, like what else?
Speaker 2: I don't love zoos. Zoos make me really sad. When I was little, it was my favorite thing to do, and as I grew up, I was like, wait a minute, they can't get out. They're stuck in here. You captured them from somewhere or they were born here and they don't even know what life is like on the other side.
Speaker 1: Oh lord.
Speaker 2: I went to the zoo once with my ex boyfriend and we were looking at the gorilla enclosure and the gorilla came up to the window and he sat by us and he put his hand on the glass and my boyfriend put his hand on the glass and they just sat there with their hands not touching because there was glass between them. My boyfriend at the time started crying and.
Speaker 1: We had to leave.
Speaker 2: What I have to say, it was the cutestide ever thought he was because he was like a massive dude who did not cry. And he looked at me and he was like, hey, uh, we gotta get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: I was like, are you crying?
Speaker 2: So a yeah, we gotta go.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't see myself ever going back to a zoo ever again.
Speaker 3: My mom was like Catwoman at the zoo. She scratches the glass on the cat ones and the cats literally will all start coming and like going by where she's like scratching. She like knows how to call them.
Speaker 2: It's very she's irritating them.
Speaker 3: Don't tell Donna that, Donna. Don't tell Donna. She's want to see the cats scratching the glass.
Speaker 1: She stressing them the funk out.
Speaker 2: Okay, imagine because we have a feeling of what this is like, right we're sitting here.
Speaker 1: We do our show every day.
Speaker 2: You know what it's like when people walk by this glass and stop and stare at us.
Speaker 1: Imagine what's talking.
Speaker 2: You will be like, I'm gonna kill this one. As soon as I break this glass and kill it.
Speaker 1: I want to see the cat.
Speaker 3: I remember we were at the Dallas Zoo and we passed this enclosure and she was like watch and then like a line formed because my mom is just there like the cats, look at the cats. And now it's making so much sense, and I'm like, it would be someone scratching yes, hell is.
Speaker 1: Imagine how weird that would be.
Speaker 2: And there are signs that very clearly say do not do it, don't tap the glass. And I'm sure they don't say don't scratch the glass. It's all the same thing.
Speaker 1: Donna.
Speaker 2: Wow, Donna, I'm a pug. Okay, all right, this might be a really good way to end, because it could start a bunch of shit. What are your favorite and least favorite things about each other?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're already too bad. Oh hold on, I gotta think about it. To my favorite thing about Andrew, I can't even say that, Honestly, I can't even I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna don't want to stop you, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Andrew and I have the same music taste right, well, sometimes old school music tastes because these days it's been getting real tricky with the Charlie k X and stuff like that. And yeah, and I don't like Casey, but like he gets my sense of humor most times, and I appreciate that because you know, when I started working here, I didn't really think anybody would get my sense of humor like that. You know, you were in the room, so like outside of the room, Andrew would just come and start talking. I'm like, I like you, so it was like, you know, cool. What I don't like about Andrew is he's a fucking deep he really is. He's just a loser.
Speaker 2: I mean, like that is I mean so much love, you know how much love that is. She can't really think about something mean to say. So she's going to the well.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't answer. He doesn't answer the phone when I need him to. He thinks everything is a fucking joke. Like this morning, I'm trying to ask him to go pick up the breakfast and he's just lollygagging around here living life, thinking that he's ignoring me as a joke. When we were hungry and.
Speaker 3: Starving, promise you, I was not doing that. I was actually sitting at my desk making sure the production was in. So I was sitting here and everyone looking at my phone. Can I win?
Speaker 2: By the way, that is the name of our group chat, named by Andrew V.
Speaker 1: PUGLICIV four victim there go on? Yeah, what else? She gave you a favorite favorite? What do you like and dislike? Yeah, I'm excited. What do I do I love about you? Feedback?
Speaker 2: We don't want to get feedback here from like anyone we actually work with. We got a lot of text messages, but I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Big feelings. Yeah, what do I I've said this before to you that I really like how you argue with people, or how you disagree with people, not argue because it's not an argument. Where like you handle situations is like, well, first of all, you're really caring and stuff like that. We get that. I love you, okay, great, but like I really admire the way you handle adversity. I guess you know, like if there's something going on that you don't really appreciate, you like address it without flying off the handle. Does that feel like I'd like, you know, I appreciate that because I can't do that now.
Speaker 2: There are times I fly off the handle. However, I don't fly off the handle in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how you fly.
Speaker 2: Off the handle with the person on their own, like just the two of us will get into something. But I feel like when you do stuff like that in front of everyone, you're not giving yourself a fair chance to solve the problem. Because when people feel like they're embarrassed or pushed into a corner, they're just gonna come out swinging without actually listening to what you have to say, because they're more embarrassed about like what's happening, and they're focused on their egos. She's taking us in front of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whereas if it's like one on one. Yeah, it's the fact that you can even think about that, you know, Like I can't. I can't. Maybe it comes with maturity. I'm just not there yet. I can't.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen you fly off the handle of anybody. I just ran to us, definitely, Like I've heard you be pissed off about something, but I've never seen you fight with something like.
Speaker 1: Just because I think it's a safer bet for me to just shut down, you know, So like maybe maybe that's it. What do I dislike about you?
Speaker 2: Give it to me straight.
Speaker 1: What do I like the least about you?
Speaker 2: Oh? It interest seems to have a list over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably does. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. I'm sure there's something.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The fact that you're a fucking luna took over animals and you will fucking put yourself and other people in harm's way. Let's go back to fucking Glacier National Park when we all could have been eaten by a mama bear and her cubs because Gandhi wanted to see a fucking wild bear.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: This is exactly reporting.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's that's what I like the least. And the fact that you think that it's appropriate to walk by and touch people's dogs. One day, somebody's gonna not somebody, a dog is gonna bite the show to you. And I'm hoping that I'm not gonna be there because I'm already traumatized. Okay, I accept all of that.
Speaker 2: I didn't summon the bear in her cubs, by the way, they were just on the trail.
Speaker 1: I think you got on your knees and prayed for it the night before and you don't even pray like that.
Speaker 2: I'll pray.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But what I didn't do was run from them, because we were explicitly advised, repeatedly to not do that.
Speaker 1: I didn't run. It was more like a little gallop.
Speaker 3: L Like it's like in my head that is burnt into my memory. How that whole thing went down?
Speaker 1: Really? Oh yeah, how do you think it went down?
Speaker 3: It Literally we're standing there, the people are stopped. It's like two twenty year old's college interns for the park being like, I think there's a bear with a mama cub and like they're down there, and then Diamond's like, oh fuck no, I'm getting the fuck out of here. And then we're like no, no, no, you got to stay here. And meanwhile they're like it's right up there, don't worry, and Diamond's like, no, no, she's crazy, she's crazy. We gotta go, we gotta go, and she starts panicking and then you hear rustling in the bushes alla Jurassic.
Speaker 1: Park, where it's like it was very drastic parking. You can see this. I don't want to do this, don't go out of here.
Speaker 3: Like Diamond, you got it. And then she's clinging to me, and I'm like, Gonny, maybe we should go, and she's like.
Speaker 2: We actually shouldn't.
Speaker 3: We should stay in the place. And then I'm looking at Diamond, who's like, we gotta get the fuck out of here. She's like, you know what, I'm not doing this. I'm not doing this. And then she just starts walking away and I did she take her bear spray?
Speaker 1: No, because I was like, leave at least leave the spram mind take it because she and then they.
Speaker 3: Turned around into a family and said do you have bear spray? And they were like, yes, we do. And I was like, well, I'm coming with you, guys, and she just walked away.
Speaker 2: And I realized at that moment why the black people die in the horror movies immediately, because she.
Speaker 1: Got spooked, did what she wasn't supposed to do.
Speaker 2: And then clung to a random family of strangers in the middle of the woods.
Speaker 3: I'm so terrified the whole rest of the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Very nice people from Pittsburgh, by the way, very nice people from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Shout out to that family from Pittsburgh, and she.
Speaker 3: Were dead, GANI will tell you every two seconds, like, but I can't track her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we we all have trackers on each other on our phones to find my phone, and we were in a place with zero freaking service. So and by the way, even if we could have tracked, you would have been in a forest somewhere. But I was like, Andrew, it's gonna be okay because there's only one way up here and one way down. Hopefully she just walked all the way down. We're gonna see her at the end. It's gonna be okay. You take a deep breath. By the way, was it not worth it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, it was the most beautiful little but there were just waterfalls everywhere, all leading into that big It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was one of the prettiest things I've ever seen with my own twives. It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: But Park is the most beautiful place in the United States, I'd argue, one of the bankeiest places I've been in the whole world.
Speaker 1: In the whole world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing. We need to go back and spend like actual time there. But yeah, so and then you know what, I will say this when we saw you at the end of the trail, because Andrew and I hiked up and then we came back down and when we saw you at the end of the trail, both of us were like, yay, there she is, and she was dancing underneath the sign.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 1: I was having a good time by myself. By myself. I did have a minute where I was like, what did you say? He's like those white people killed her. They killed her.
Speaker 3: In my head, I'm like, how I'm gonna tell Henry this. Henry's going to be like what?
Speaker 1: YEP. I hung out with a guy named I don't remember his name, but we were chatting it up for a while and I was walking with him, and then I realized, maybe you shouldn't follow this man to wherever he's going.
Speaker 2: Never follow a man in the woods, say with us.
Speaker 1: He slept there the night before too. That's when I knew something was wrong.
Speaker 2: And by the way, homie who was at the trailhead who was telling everyone, no, there's no bears. We haven't seen bears in months, No bears. He told us that when we started hiking out, so we were like, oh, on our way back down, ask Andrew. He was telling another group of people we haven't seen bears in months. I said, false, we just saw a bear up there with cubs. And then on the way back down we saw another bear and idiots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of them were idiots.
Speaker 1: So stupid. But also there was the family that I walked with. They were there for a wedding the day before and the wedding was canceled because there was a bear sighting on the grounds where the wedding was gonna be. So there were bears all through it. Well, they lived there.
Speaker 3: But like, you know, to speak for my people, the whites, right, do not get married in a national park? What are we doing? They do it, for sure, but like get married like, I don't know what's the one the canyon, the Grand Canyon? Get married there? What's their lizards? Like they're gonna shut down a way?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Like Puma's over there, don't they?
Speaker 1: They had deer that were really big.
Speaker 2: From the deer she ran from the deer.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have a friend I've told him about what our conversation with our tour guide was. Remember how nonchalantly our amazing tour guide was like, yeah, within the past I don't know how long he had not one, but multiple friends killed by bears. Do you remember how casually he said it, like it was, and it was that year. This year he had these people killed by bears. I told my friend that and he was like, that's not true.
Speaker 1: He lied to you.
Speaker 2: So what why do you think that He's like, well, looked up the studs and people who've been killed by bears, and not that many people and killed by bears.
Speaker 1: Little, I said, I don't think he would have lied to us about it. I don't think so either. Also, all of us.
Speaker 2: The way he said it, because he said, oh, yeah, I've lost three friends to bears within the last year, however long it was. And I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. That's horrible, and he goesh, it happens.
Speaker 1: We all left.
Speaker 2: Ever since, one of us was like, what it happens. No, it doesn't happen. I have zero friends killed bears, not one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, And I don't want to know anybody who's gonna run in a park with headphones on where there are bears. Backwoods bears.
Speaker 2: They said, there's a difference between the trail bears and the backwoods bears. A trail bear, you're gonna have a better shot with backwards bears and gona rip your face off immediately. So you don't do backwood stuff anyway. That was a lot Andrew. Okay, so my favorite things. You need to think about your favorite and least favorite. Okay, you do it now, then okay.
Speaker 3: I would say, Diamond, I really like your sense of humor as well. I think we have a very similar sense of humor. We could be very silly together, and I appreciate that something I dislike.
Speaker 2: M Sorry, didn't he just say I'm ready to go. Yeah, I'm always.
Speaker 3: Taking a second. I'm channeling it.
Speaker 1: You figure out a nice way to say it.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, oh wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, let's get into a bit.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I would say, maybe you're not the most patient person.
Speaker 1: Really, I think it takes a lot of patience to deal with your ass.
Speaker 3: And there it is. At least you're coming back with the quick ones. But otherwise, yeah, I think we get along very well. And you're my fiance, so I have to say these things.
Speaker 1: If you guys got married, I would be so happy. No, I told very I already said that Andrew would be the worst husband on the planet, because Andrew is the type of person who makes plans like he says yes to a lot of things but doesn't remember And could you imagine like making plans with your husband and him not taking it seriously, and then the day of your like, oh remember we were going to do this, and you know Andrew's face when he forgets something and you remind him, like he's just like oh yeah, okay, yeah, no, I'd kill him.
Speaker 2: Okay, kill him, okay.
Speaker 1: Ye write me and the Wilbabes, Gandhi.
Speaker 3: You're super adventurous and I really like that. I see feel like you're always down to try new things. That's really encouraging. Like Philia, I could just text you like, hey, do you want to go to this random thing? And you'd be like, yep, done, just tell me And I really like that.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Let me think the thing I dislike would hm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Scared to say it?
Speaker 3: No good, I'm just trying to think. Mmm, We'll say. Sometimes you're harassment. Sometimes harass too much.
Speaker 2: One time you got spreaded in one eye with one.
Speaker 3: Bottle bottle, but then you took my phone and then I was like, I need my phone. You're like I don't have it, like I know you do?
Speaker 1: Did I?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: That sounds right?
Speaker 3: Yes, And you all were going somewhere and I was gonna yell that the whole time, like, oh, you need to figure this out, and like I can't because I don't have my phone, and.
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't know where it is either.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know you have it.
Speaker 1: Wait you did.
Speaker 2: That's my suitcase when I had to leave and catch a full light.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was good too. Yeah, that was good. That was good.
Speaker 3: Suitcase gate, suitcase gate. Please, that's called payback baby. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that means again the timeline seems right. So I'm just gonna give you that probably I did strike first and you out, Yes, you did strike first. Okay. The things I love about you, guys the most diamond. What do I love about you? I like, I feel like you are sometimes my refuge when I think things are going a little crazy. You know how often I come into your studio and I'm just like, huff puff man, I blow the house down. I appreciate that you're always willing to listen and that most of the time you feel the same way about something that I do. And I also think that you're very fun. And I really appreciate how, within the years that I've known you, you have made an active effort to try things that scare you and try things that you are not necessarily comfortable with. And I think it's a lot of growth because I know.
Speaker 1: You grew up in Brownsville.
Speaker 2: They don't have animals and storms and road trips out west and whitewater rafting.
Speaker 1: That's not your thing.
Speaker 2: God, So I really think it's cool that you have stepped outside your comfort zone. I think the older you get, the harder it is to do that kind of stuff. And I'm really proud of you for doing that. So I think that's awesome. What would I not like?
Speaker 3: I thought you came up with that already, he said, you are ready.
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, you stupid fuck. There are so many things about both of you. I'm just trying to pick one. How do you like me now?
Speaker 1: I answered, yeah, go to him versus zag. I think. I think.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes you're a little bit hot headed. I think you get real mad about things that I'm like, she's not gonna be mad about that probably in like ten minutes, but in ten minutes in fact, you are still mad.
Speaker 1: Shram Sam. I'm like, Okay, that really pissed her off.
Speaker 2: And I think maybe sometimes you can pick a better hill to die on than some of the hills that you choose. Look at her face right now, she's like, I'm gonna die on.
Speaker 1: This still run. Yeah, it's a struggle. People have told me this my entire life. It's just exact because it really doesn't look like it's gonna change.
Speaker 2: I hear you. I hear what you're saying, and I reject it. Every single one of you who have said this. Fuck all y'all and Drew. I feel like I want to end on a good note, so I'm gonna start with the thing I don't like about them.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it's not funny. You can't end on a downer.
Speaker 3: I know for sure. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: What don't I like about Oh, it's not even a thing I don't like about you, because they're really like, honestly about both of it. There's nothing I don't like. I wish that sometimes you would not take shit from people and just be like, yeah, absolutely not not happening.
Speaker 1: Tut's not today. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna talk to me like that. I'm not gonna deal with this like that.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 2: I think you are very nice about things, but you live your life the way you want to, and I think it makes you happy to be that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sometimes, but I do agree with your sentiment, thank it, I don't say it.
Speaker 2: There are certain moments where like, I know something will be upsetting you, and I'm like, well, why don't you and You're like, no, it's just easier not to. Yeah, And then in my head I'm like, so, am I gonna have to do this that's happening right now?
Speaker 1: What do I like?
Speaker 2: I like a lot about you. You kind of took my thing, so I can't say the same thing you said. Because you are always down for adventure and doing something new and trying something new, and you're very easy to talk to about things. I think you're very loving and caring, and I think you would always do something to try and make someone happy or to make somebody feel good. And over the years that I've known you, I've watched you grow a lot too into doing your own things and like producing your own things. I also think you're really open to feedback. There are people in this whole building, not like the show, but in the building where you go to them with hey, I would like this to be different, and their immediate response is trying to fight you on it and argue with you about why you're wrong with whatever. You just kind of are like, hmm, I agree with that, and I think you learn really easily. And well, not that I'm like teaching you anything, but I just watch that and I like it.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, that's really nice.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you're so welcome. I wish I would have ended on the shittier one.
Speaker 1: Because this feels weird. It would have been better. I hate being nice to Andrew. It really hurts me. Don't you love him? She can't even say it. She can't even wait.
Speaker 2: Who's your first favorite white person?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: That tracks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess he gets it.
Speaker 1: I guess right.
Speaker 2: Well, on that note, I guess if we do have talkbacks, by the way, we're not gonna we're one day we'll get to them, not today, because we've been talking for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If people want to find you on Instagram, Andrew, where will they find you? Andrew pug And that's the only place you'll find it, only place until he deactivates, which don't do it.
Speaker 3: Give it another year.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm gonna tell you why not to do it? In a second. Well, I don't think you should do it? Yes, diamond Where can they find you at diamond? Sincere on Instagram and on X I'm gonna call it Twitter forever. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Why not Twitter? Twitter? Where on Twitter can they find you at dion at Diamonds with an underscore? Do you tweet? No? I reached. I started retweeting again the other day, but it doesn't feel good, so I'm going back to just lurking.
Speaker 2: Listen. I didn't realize some weird shit went down on Facebook because I don't really use it like that. Somehow my profile switched to a professional dashboard thing and I was like, wait, what's happening. Then I didn't realize that anything I post as a status also goes out as a thread, but if I delete it from my page or archive it, it doesn't get archived on threads. So I basically posted the same thing like three times in a row because I've worded it differently each time, and it was I just looked like a crazy person on threads, asking the same question in three different ways. Fuck you, threads, fuck you. Oh yeah, I'm at Baby Hot Sauce on Instagram, which is really the only place I am.
Speaker 1: This is what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: So post this election and everything that's been going on, so many creators, specifically people of color and different sexual orientations, whatever it is, whatever minority group it is, people are very disenfranchised, are feeling terrible, and they're like, fuck it, I'm deactivating. Why would all of us voluntarily give up our voices? I think all of us deactivating would be exactly what they want. Yes, do it yourself so I don't have to do it to. You take yourself out of the conversation instead of sticking around and planning your feet and continuing to fight and whichever capacity you can. Maybe they're gonna hide it, maybe they're not. But to voluntarily take your voice away from a conversation or from a bad place, I don't know that that's the right.
Speaker 3: Move to me. It just feels like sharing. It feels like sharing memes post Remember when we all did blackout whatever day after the George Floyd thing, which never agreed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a great idea that it just feels like.
Speaker 3: Black squares everywhere after that day. It just to me just feels like it's the lowest form of activism where it's like I feel like, what am I really sharing? I just don't think I'm just speaking to If I'm sharing it, you guys will see it and then be like, oh cool, he shared the links. But no one who I'm trying to change hearts and minds of or are going to be like, oh, he posted a story. Maybe I need to look inward and change my thoughts Like I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the point happening. I don't think it's about changing hearts and minds. I'm not sure people can really do that. I think it's more about one letting other people who think like you know that they're not alone, that there's still a huge community out there who feels the same way, and spreading information to those people about ways that they can mobilize mobilize, and ways that they can actually be activists and not slacktivists online by sharing that information.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean that's fair.
Speaker 2: Wait did I change your heart or mind?
Speaker 3: No? I mean I don't. I don't know if I'm I don't know if I'm going to post that much on it. But yeah, I mean I guess what's the harmor just keeping inactive?
Speaker 2: Look, you are so excited to get to ten thousand followers for what purpose? Why did you want ten thousand people following you to say nothing to them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I just don't think. I'm I don't know if I post something or people really looking for it.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what everybody would like you to think.
Speaker 1: I guess you never know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying voices, minority voices, do not just pull away at this moment, because I think it's still super important that you stick around and keep posting. Is keep doing things. If we find a better platform and everyone can jump ship and go to a different platform, Okay, maybe, but I think just again eliminating all of us from the conversation, why would we do their work for them?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like your communities, yes, for mine, I feel like I'm just talking to a whole bunch of people at the country club.
Speaker 2: Andrew admits he's a country club baby.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to say? More?
Speaker 2: Happily Andrew's family rents yachts, and all the yachts belong to them.
Speaker 3: I wish again here she got fifty million, wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: And on that note, okay, say bye everybody.
Speaker 3: Bye.