Speaker 1: It feels like when when they played the national anthem, But one guy is like crying a little bit, you know what I mean. Like everybody's respectfully doing that, they're playing the game, they're standing and ship. But there's one dude who's crying a little too hardy, like damn bro.
Speaker 2: And he got his baseball cap squenched up in his hand.
Speaker 1: Over It's like, why does this song mean that much to you?
Speaker 2: How you connecting with the rampers? We watched It's terror watch, doesn't yours are racist?
Speaker 3: The money, she's the man of turkey stuff. I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: That it is there.
Speaker 1: It is there. It is, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 4: The podcast at dives deep into the pockets of black conspiracy dudes, and.
Speaker 1: We finally work to prove that Raven Simone just like her character from that so Raven can in fact see the future. And that's why the bitch shaved half her head and married a white woman. She sees a desperate, horrible future, and she's just trying to protect herself as best she can.
Speaker 4: I'm Langston Kermie, I'm David Boy and I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't approve of her choices, but she certainly has seen a horrible mad Max esque future that requires her to have this frail white woman on her arms and half her hair.
Speaker 3: Here's my question. Did she see it during the Rooty Day or the Olivia Days? Like?
Speaker 4: Did she see the Cosby? No, damn, because she never went back. She was off that show and she never went back to Camp Cosby, and.
Speaker 2: She don't bring him up.
Speaker 1: She's not like, Yeah, doctor Cosby once said to me that, uh.
Speaker 2: That said said.
Speaker 1: She also don't bring up mister Cooper too much either, So I don't I don't know. I worry that's coming down the pipeline.
Speaker 3: So would you, like, would you bring up Mark Curry?
Speaker 1: He seems like a fun hang. I'll say that he seems like a fun hang. I don't know. I don't know that he's offering great mentorship for Raven Simone, but he certainly seems like a good time.
Speaker 3: Of all the nineties sitcom black men who were inexplicably inexplicably had children thrust upon them, he is probably the best one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say that flex Alexander maybe pulling a close second. Yeah, yeah, which one is he in real life? Is he Alexander in real life or Washington in real life? I never remember Flex?
Speaker 4: Oh flat app was Washington?
Speaker 3: His name is Flex Alexander.
Speaker 1: I think okay, all right, well if anybody disagree.
Speaker 3: And then obviously the worst being cool j oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the house, he was a he was a bad dad. I'd say he wasn't. I don't think he even liked those kids. He was actively trying to get pussy the whole show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just was rolling his pant leg up and uh and I think training at a gym?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that his career in that?
Speaker 3: In that show, he was an ex football player named Marion. It was the prequel Any Given Sunday for the post Any Given Sunday.
Speaker 2: Is that true? No, of course was that in the any Given So what to say? That's fucking nuts.
Speaker 1: If that was in the Any Given Sunday universe, I would have fucking I'd go back and rewatch in the house. If that was in the Any Given Sunday multiverse.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not not how what's the proof we we can? We can do what we want here?
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: If al Pacino would have shown up in the finale of In the House Marrying You gotta come back, baby, what my game?
Speaker 3: You're gonna do the play just like I drew it up.
Speaker 4: You're gonna run to the Cadillac when you were like when you are kid in the hood, Remember when you.
Speaker 6: Run to the Cadillac.
Speaker 3: You were a latchkey kid. Your father didn't know about you.
Speaker 1: That was this thing, right, he was always telling them how how they're dirty black upbringings.
Speaker 2: Was was making inspire.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta need to use big lips to call an audible.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gonna need those big monkey heads to listen for this play, buddy, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Was excited.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to derail Wolf was already a good time. Our guest today has already been participating very politely in the background. Which which is better. It's not how we ask you to do it. Frankly, you could have jumped in at any time and.
Speaker 2: That would have say like eight things.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to get you want to get a pacino off? Go crazy?
Speaker 1: Ye get a pacino off? If it's on your heart.
Speaker 6: I don't want to grab you by your baby hairs, your African American.
Speaker 1: Banks Classic Pacino.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my mom accident took me to see sent of a Woman when I was five.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Oh, that's not a five year olds movie.
Speaker 6: No, it's not four or five year olds. It was an accident. Her friend really peer pressured her. Okay, like she won't even remember anything.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: Her friend wasn't like, you gotta show your baby this.
Speaker 6: I spent most of the movies with hands across my ears like this. Okay, yeah, so much popcorn. My blood pressure was so high.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Well, we're glad you survived both sent of a Woman and the popcorn that nearly killed you. Our guest today. She is a hilarious person, a hilarious comedian, actress, talent of all sorts. You know her best from her work on the show South Side, a very stupid show that doesn't exist anymore. But we we're big fans of her over here, and we're really excited she's here. Give it up for Merrilee Williams.
Speaker 2: Your appause is correct.
Speaker 1: It goes long because we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think I'm Beyonce anyway, So it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, does Beyonce think she's you.
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 6: Well? I heard that, Okay. I can see by the way she like kind of does her thing that she's been watching the whole little titty bounced thing. That's that's all me right there. Nobody bounced the titty before me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody was keeping their titties perfectly still.
Speaker 2: Tuck, is that the turtlenecks.
Speaker 6: And I sat uns free, oh, by myself, me and a low cut top.
Speaker 3: I just want to say thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'm rushing and welcome, and we didn't properly thank you. But that's that's fair. Bory's doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You understand.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 1: Merely you came to us today with the conspiracy that that frankly I had never heard before. This has never come across my table, Bory. Is this one that you were familiar with?
Speaker 3: No, but I have some thoughts.
Speaker 1: You have thoughts, and I'm excited to hear those as well. But but we we shall not delay, you said. My mama told me.
Speaker 2: If a baby looks too much like a family member, then the mother hated them while they were pregnant.
Speaker 1: Mh nerves everything you know, about this conspiracy.
Speaker 6: Okay, so usually when the baby comes out and it doesn't look exactly like the mother of the father, like if genetics just naturally it is genetic thing and just reached out and copied the auntie stuff back over. Black people automatically assumed that her sister was so annoying when she was pregnant that the baby took a piece of her DNA and just and became her.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the thing, damn.
Speaker 6: If you like, even as a dad, if the baby comes out looking too much like the dad, you got on her nerves. I'm sure if you type that in on Twitter like end list. Yeah, yeah, I have one question. Yes, please go ahead, but say the dad wasn't around, the baby comes out with it. Don't laugh latest.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 1: It just felt like it was coming from such a personal place that it.
Speaker 2: Was hard not to giggle a little bit.
Speaker 3: But thank you for the supposed to me. I appreciate that. Before I was terribly interrupted by the vicious cackle of my co host. If let's say, let's say the dad wasn't around.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's say my daddy wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Okay, clearly that's what I'm saying. Clearly, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We are we are, we are, We're not. We're not beat everybody the head over the head with everything. If my dad wasn't around, I came out looking like my mom. Is she mad because she fucked with an ancient dude? Is she mad at herself?
Speaker 6: M No, that that's just genetics. You just grabbed from the best set of genius out of the two.
Speaker 3: Damn glad, glad. I bared my soul for that.
Speaker 6: All right, you came out looking like him. You just got the best jeans available.
Speaker 2: So lucky you.
Speaker 1: So so it sounds like, if you look like your mom, that's just natural genetics. But if you look like anyone else, they got on her nerves.
Speaker 2: They got the entire press, the entire pregnancy. Z Why else? Why else? What the baby look like their dad?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Maybe because I nutted in a lady, I.
Speaker 6: Ask yourself that, why would your baby look like you? If you didn't get on a mama's nerve? Fellas, is it gay if your baby look like you?
Speaker 2: What's your baby doing looking.
Speaker 3: Like a man? It's not it's not not.
Speaker 2: You a little baby and you look like another man.
Speaker 1: You got a baby looking like a man.
Speaker 2: That's gay to.
Speaker 3: Be out here with another man's whole face on your face.
Speaker 1: Gay you you brushing another man's teeth and picking another man's nose.
Speaker 2: Balls down day.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's let's sort of start this at the root. Let's really get to the beginning of this. For you, Where did this come from?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 1: Who first introduced this conspiracy theory?
Speaker 6: Well, my family is from Mississippi, so we have like an unlimited rolodex of black conspiracy theories. But that's one of them. I'm trying to think of. When the first time I really heard it, I was.
Speaker 2: Like maybe eight, okay, maybe eight, and.
Speaker 6: It's like, who that was? Just like your sister. She got on my nerves the whole time. That's what they say. That's what they say, Okay, and so then you hear for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: So it was just you saw it at the source. You saw a new baby and a person point to a person that got on their nerves and this is this is the mad at work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not just because you're their auntie, but because you're annoying. Because you're obnoxious and annoying and you don't know how to bring ice cream into an annoying The baby just betrayed their parent and decided to look like their arch nemesis, because that's how babies get out.
Speaker 1: That that part I did relate to inside of this conspiracy is that babies are are turncoats and they are disloyal, cruel creatures. If we're speaking from personal experience, Bory, this is where my personal will come in my baby. As of late, she has taken to uh. Every time I walk in the room she goes. She she gets very somber, and she goes no Daddy, no daddy, as an expression of not wanting me to be present in my own home or near her in any way. And it's like, bro, I made you, I've done everything for you.
Speaker 6: But did you buy Renaissance tickets for her? And that is the source of her discontent.
Speaker 1: I just took her to Disneyland. She could barely function there, and we still took her.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: She wanted to be wrapped in a luminum fall and taking a football stadium so that she could watch a three hour concert, so.
Speaker 1: That she could watch a lady she doesn't know pretend not to be a robot.
Speaker 2: I agree her spirit would have recognized behonce. Actually, we have a cod. We have a cod. They told me about you up there before I came down here. They told me that was a woman and her husband has a busk yet wig.
Speaker 1: Are you a believer that the that the the jay Z hair is a wig?
Speaker 6: No, not anymore, because like you just cannot be that dedicated to not taking your wig off.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Steve Harvey went a long time in that wig.
Speaker 6: I see Harvey also had a broom on his top lip. Yeah, you can't trust nobody.
Speaker 4: And I feel like we saw it at all the at all the stages.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm hmm.
Speaker 2: I just I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I don't get the whole plus sized lock type of deal. Lock Like his lock's a little juicy bashing over Kurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a b B W lock got a got a couple of deaths on it, but it's good to me.
Speaker 6: I wonder how he told beyond say he was about to do that to his hair, Like, how do you tell your wife that you're about to grow plus sized locks?
Speaker 1: You know what I think it was was he it's it's lemonade time, right, He's he's been caught up in these sordid affairs, he's gotten a fight with her sister on an elevator. This nigga needed a transformation, and he was like, look, bro, a lot is gonna change around here, including some positive things for our relationship. But I'm gonna need a new hairstyle. I'm gonna really need to be a new person if this is gonna work. And part of it is I gotta get uglier so that women don't desperately want to have sex with me at all at all times.
Speaker 3: Do you think she calls him that?
Speaker 6: Yes, it gives that for sure, Like she hasn't called him Sean in years since they had the last baby.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I do think they make the kids call him whole. I think there's like weird vibes in the house. Yeah, are you a Delta?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: My family call it no.
Speaker 1: And I'm an Illuminati member. It's more elite.
Speaker 2: Get So you hear.
Speaker 1: This at eight years old, you are told that this conspiracy exists? How much do you believe it? Is this something that you immediately latch onto, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Because at that point I already know about stepping on a crack, breaking my mother's back, already sweeping my foot with the broom. I already knew about us salt as a door. I don't knew about all that stuff, so it was just like only like more knowledge for me. Like, of course a baby doesn't listen to genetics.
Speaker 1: I would you do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You could just grow a vibes bory.
Speaker 1: Where are you with this?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you a subscriber to this conspiracy? I know you said you had questioned what where are you living in all of this?
Speaker 4: I gotta I mean, you know we're talking about our families today. I'm built like my grandma, and I don't think my mom was that fond of her at the time of my birth. So it's not a facial hole. It is a body thing, damn, because you know that's what you all want, right, A man built like his grandmother.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing wrong with a man with a big, fat old ass.
Speaker 6: Because all the tour contests at the club, we don't get that free bottle on moscato, baby, sound like, why a rehearsal.
Speaker 3: When we're in it? Tello?
Speaker 6: They don't know who ass clapping mine of yours? Baby that I just picture you doing it.
Speaker 2: The whole room loud. It's sound like cheeks and it.
Speaker 1: And somebody just sitting on the couch being like.
Speaker 2: And you know they fucking don't the fun.
Speaker 6: Out that tempe Win are just trying to be intimate. They think we started a man. I love your blue I love your blue grass stuff.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 6: Winning well bank, we got hot pants, micd you need.
Speaker 2: A mic up top? No, you put my mic back back here.
Speaker 1: You know where a good sounds coming from.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going on to it with Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 3: What's behind the sheet?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm playing percussion.
Speaker 1: Kirk's like, I discovered a new sound.
Speaker 2: Yellow DS from you too.
Speaker 3: I signed a new act.
Speaker 2: We created a whole new type of couple's content.
Speaker 8: It's your cousin, Johnny Freglant. I got that new sound that you've been looking for.
Speaker 6: You know what, Just let me do it. Granny's so proud. She like I gave him that.
Speaker 2: Grenny like, yeah, so Bori.
Speaker 1: It sounds like your grandmother. You have a similar bill to your grandmother. You and your mother and your grandmother were not on the best of terms during her pregnancy. And you're saying that that makes you believe that there's some truth to this yeah.
Speaker 4: I think in general they kind of maybe were annoyed back by each other. Yeah, I think that's where it's like, it makes sense to me. It's like a constant reminder, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you have people in your family that you could point to specifically and go, this person looks like or I look like this person who I know for a fac was the source of my mother's uh frustrations during the pregnancy.
Speaker 6: Well, I look like my mother, but she probably probably really was frustrated with herself having the baby at thirty seven, so.
Speaker 2: She was like very mad like her coach, she almost made it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and then I didn't even want to be born, So that makes it even worse.
Speaker 1: Were you the your her?
Speaker 2: I'm her only walls, so she.
Speaker 1: She wasn't aiming to be a mom.
Speaker 6: My dad was sixty one when I was born. I'm pretty sure she just wanted some.
Speaker 2: Sixty one. That's illegal, It really is. My whole inside of my body is made out of words.
Speaker 3: It was illegal twenty years before your birth.
Speaker 6: We have to acknowledge that, Okay, yeah, damn. So they dropped My Daddy documentary The Oldest Daddy that ever was okay, and I'm sure he was shocked, like I don't know how I got somebody young, pregnant but good.
Speaker 1: Walter cat daddy Williams.
Speaker 6: Okay, like like what was she doing?
Speaker 2: Like, girl, if you don't get up and go home, you know your daddy don't actually.
Speaker 1: Fuck that is that is a sixty one is a wild number.
Speaker 2: To I barely made it out.
Speaker 1: That was, well, we're grateful you're here.
Speaker 2: If I'm not a.
Speaker 6: Walking billboard for just stop having sex after sixty.
Speaker 2: Imagine parenting meet at seventy five. Girl, just sit down, please, I'm begging you. That's how it used to be.
Speaker 6: What time we was shopping and I wanted this like a down coat because you know that was the thing in nineteen puffy coats. So he takes me to Nike and I'm one too, the girl's coats because everybody know, nobody cared about pneumonia back then. The coats stopped at your waist and that's all you gave a fuck about. Your whole ass is out and your baby fat jeans are shown. So I wanted to come. My dad took me to the boys section and I was like, wait, wait, wait, something happened. He was like, no, baby, you gotta cover up. I was like, I only have boobs. I could just get a He said, you have booths arms back, it's fat Nike and River Oaks.
Speaker 2: Mam.
Speaker 1: I was like, because he's listing all the stuff that's been salacious entire existactly, He's like, a showing your ankle, what's next?
Speaker 2: You're slotting it up with your knees out. They told you had your ankles all up about back?
Speaker 3: What heard you out here telling all these boys you can read?
Speaker 6: Okay, no seriously, because my dad, I'm my dad's baby, but I my mom's on the child.
Speaker 2: So when I used to go over, all the kids are in the neighborhood.
Speaker 6: They knew my nieces and nephews and my great nieces and nephews, but they didn't know me.
Speaker 2: So they were like, oh, that's your grandpa. I was like, no, that's right.
Speaker 6: Fuck the gold Say how are you little girl? I was like thirteen, He's gonna say, you lying? You allergic to cornbreadge. It took me so long to figure out. I just told my daddy. He was so mad. He who told you that? I was like that, I'm not even allergic to cornbread.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that this line of questioning was going to expose a truth. So so goddamn silly. But boy, am I excited that we landed here?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like my parents had no business having any type of sex.
Speaker 1: But and I think, I think whether you believe in this conspiracy or not, we can all agree on that.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing in that room? The police knocked on the doors.
Speaker 1: Y'all too need to cut it out. Let's we can stay away from each other.
Speaker 2: We took the plank too far because now I'm paying bills. What the fuck?
Speaker 6: I used to be so mad, Like I used to be like my mo mom used to be like, are you coming to the movies? It's like I just go with my dad because he got a RP. My ass wanted more.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 2: He spends three dollars on this, and I mean he can buy me vizits.
Speaker 1: He can get me a popcorn.
Speaker 2: It can be big. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He used to be so old, trying to get up early. It's like, hurry up an hour late to see Titanic. I was pisting there.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, you didn't even see the relationship build you just saw.
Speaker 6: I walked in and he got on the fucking tucks. They said, a nigga, poor wait, get the trucks.
Speaker 2: Fromm the fuck this man in.
Speaker 6: That was the heavily starch jeans I ever seen in my fucking life.
Speaker 4: Fuck, oh man, I love starch jeans. Make them stand in the corner.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. And he used to have them. They Oh my god, it used to be so heavily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was starting for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, oh my god, it was throwing beer.
Speaker 4: So I got a can at the house. Still it comes back. Yeah, I started my collars sometimes.
Speaker 1: That start the starch I remember was we would start it till the point that them ships were like shiny like we started to until it was like a shiny corner. I pray to god that never exists again.
Speaker 2: The creast though, the cree there, it was a bad motherfucker, bro.
Speaker 4: That's why we got global warming. It's all that starch, bro exactly what it might be. We was fucking Niagara.
Speaker 1: Bul of bears are fucking struggling right now because we just had to start our fucking v zoujins.
Speaker 2: Okay, with the matching jacket. Why was we like that?
Speaker 6: And then they had the color stitch and remember those things when it got the of course, and you know you was really in love in high school when you and your boyfriend had matching one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never matched with any of my girl That's so that's how I know I never had.
Speaker 6: I never like you was like I'm actually gonna wear a vest?
Speaker 1: Did you show up with however you?
Speaker 6: Did you ever buy your girlfriend of Valentine's Day? Want or is this just a Chicago thing? Because you know, Chicago boys loved to buy their girlfriend of Valentine's they won.
Speaker 1: I definitely bought Valentine's Day shoes. I don't know if I bought like some clean ones as a gift. I think I think maybe the suburbs we just, uh, we skirted the traditions a little bit. But but I definitely bought some shoes that.
Speaker 6: Was like a big thing, like you would walk around with the shoe bucks and welcome to your girlfriend crack it, like.
Speaker 1: All right, well we're gonna take a break, We're gonna be back with more Merrily Williams and more. My mama told me.
Speaker 2: She wiz she will bat Man is that that drip don't let a TikTok dj.
Speaker 1: I love that one. That's my favorite.
Speaker 4: We're back and we've all revealed some uncomfortable truths, and we're gonna, we're gonna, We're gonna get to the bottom of this conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Theory, yeah, merrily. Traditionally for this podcast, I try to do a little bit of research to help prove or disprove what this is. However, there's not a lot of research that can be done, but the conspiracy like this, this isn't there. There aren't a lot of fat based you know what I mean. There's no like peer review journals. They go like my uncle, oh my mama, three hundred dollars and that's why my baby got that nose, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not a thing.
Speaker 1: But I did come across and this was pretty fascinating. I came across a number of online forums, including a very substantial Reddit threat with like literally hundreds of comments addressing this exact conspiracy theory where people are.
Speaker 3: Whole poop o.
Speaker 2: Your feet going numb tingling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's surely hundreds of people mostly complaining about their mother in laws and their sister in laws saying, my mother in law keeps saying the baby look like her, and I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 8: And you know, my sister in law said the baby look like her and the baby ain't even related to her by blood, and.
Speaker 2: This is evil.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know how to address any of this, but they are very upset about it.
Speaker 2: You baby, it is.
Speaker 1: It is fascinating to see how many of the people in the thread are just saying how frustrated they are by this conspiracy theory that like they find it offensive or they they're frustrated that they it keeps getting brought up that this person looks like another person. And specifically there's a very large subsect of the thread of women who are mad that the father is being associated with their child, where they're like, people keep being like, my baby looks like his daddy and I don't like that, and it's like, bro, you gotta accept something inside of this.
Speaker 2: They expected the baby to be more loyal, though.
Speaker 3: I think that's why happened to Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, if we are subscribing to the Jimmy Butler theory that that Michael Jordan is in fact his daddy, then yeah, jeans are just poking through in a way that I'm sure Jimmy Butler's mother couldn't handle.
Speaker 2: Wait till his eyeball start turning yellow.
Speaker 3: His boot cut jeans are poking.
Speaker 2: Wait till his liver stars failing.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get cirrhosis of the liver.
Speaker 2: He develops his gambling edition.
Speaker 3: Until his eyes look starting to look like fried eggs.
Speaker 1: Do you think Michael Jordan knows we're talking about him?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I don't think he gives a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he don't care. That's the thing. Me and Michael Jordan are born four days apart.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And what sign?
Speaker 1: What's sign of Aquarius? And okay, that seems pretty subjective? What what what is an Aquarius trait?
Speaker 6: He know one aquaeris that he hated. He don't want to get.
Speaker 1: Truly, I don't memorize anybody signs, so I don't know anything. But but I am a hater just in general. So that, yeah, yeah, that's that is the Chicago in me. I do think that Chicago is a city of haters. I've long argument argued that, and I think that is the most pure Chicago thing about me is I am a hater through and through.
Speaker 6: Like it's very funny because why you like your birthday.
Speaker 1: It makes for funny people and funny things, and also bad dressed adults who won't acknowledge it because they're they're too busy hating.
Speaker 2: Okay, put you on Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 3: Pellies are cool. Though pellies are cool, though.
Speaker 2: They look good all the time.
Speaker 1: They do look good. There's no reason for leather to be that thick.
Speaker 2: But but yes they are. That's what it is, because they double as a bullet proof.
Speaker 4: Exactly impenetrable fabric.
Speaker 1: It is an impenetrable fabric.
Speaker 3: No one has ever gotten stabbed in a pelly pelly.
Speaker 2: I don't think, yeah that's the knife of ben.
Speaker 8: No, No, he's been quicked with some pelly.
Speaker 3: I believe no weapon formed against pea prosper.
Speaker 2: I love that, won't. Imagine somebody pull out a gun and you got your pelly, Like, good luck, bitch, I'll be fine. Give me your car. Are you sure about that, buddy?
Speaker 7: Look down, I think you'll notice on my lapel it says a pelly pelly, and then starts twisting around.
Speaker 1: He just hides, he just hides inside it like a turtle.
Speaker 3: You guys are from. Is there a guy named Pelly?
Speaker 6: Is that like?
Speaker 3: Is it like a Carl K situation?
Speaker 2: That's a guy Buchanan.
Speaker 6: Is his name?
Speaker 2: What is it Mark Buchanan?
Speaker 1: Mark Buchanan made Pelly? And do you know the source of of why it's called Pelly Pelly? Have you have you studied up on the Pelly Pelly history?
Speaker 2: I haven't. Once I figured out they were fifteen hundred dollars, it was none of my business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I was not allowed to even look at Pelly.
Speaker 2: Boy bought me one. He bought us catching pell that is I'm married.
Speaker 3: Oh he went to jail.
Speaker 2: No, we broke up. It didn't work out.
Speaker 6: He told me he can't have a girlfriend in college because he needed a girlfriend out here wearing ten toes.
Speaker 3: To the ground.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: So he told you, He told you the truth.
Speaker 6: And when I went to school, he called me like, hey, look, I know you in college and everything now, and I help you move in. I can't have no girl that found from me. I need a girl with ten toes to the ground.
Speaker 2: And I was crying so hard. I want to get my tongue piers.
Speaker 1: Are you spiral? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But then I got him back when I moved, when I came home for the summer.
Speaker 1: Oh, he cared about you. He just he just couldn't take the distance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was on house the wrestl I got back, So I asked the phone for him one day when I went over there, he was like, come over here, I'll pay for you to go out with your friends tonight. I stopped, I got the money, and I loved. I never came back over there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, did you a bitch with tin toes on the ground. Fuck.
Speaker 1: So he's still on house arrest waiting for you to come home.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 6: He just got blocked recently in the pandemic because we were still kind of cool and I had ordered all this stuff during the pandemic that needed building. I don't know why I did that. So he the one that came through and built it. And he ruined everything that weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh he was acting up though, Yeah, sadly, Yes, baby, remember this get one every you get one every you know you in there crying.
Speaker 6: That's the felly you bought me that we had and has Zodiac signs all over it.
Speaker 3: Oh, he splurged, that might be the blackest coat all time.
Speaker 2: I still got it though, so I can send you all a picture of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need that. We need that.
Speaker 2: I can send you a picture of it. It's so tight on me now though.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only way that that belly could be blacker is if Barry Gordy signed it himself.
Speaker 2: You gotta smile, so Brian, I won't. I won't.
Speaker 1: David Ruffing the same, Oh yeah, it's just a coke addict, being like, yeah, this is anfu David Ruffings selection.
Speaker 2: You know what God knew to make.
Speaker 6: Me born in the eighties because if I got a chance to be David Roffing girlfriend, I would have been never met cancel.
Speaker 2: No, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's money, ain't right David music. David Ruffing had, he had it, He had what what the people were looking for boys.
Speaker 2: He was handsome, tall. Yeah, I was like, he's good to me. All you do is every once in a while again he punched me, but everything is good. I punched him, he punched me. We the same, Okay, other people's marriage.
Speaker 3: You could get a Pelly Pelly for three ninety nine on sale right now?
Speaker 2: Whoa you by one? Aren't you don't lie? You're about to get one.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be mad at you. If you got one, You're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be so fly and all the two thousand styles are coming back to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be a crazy You got an AX, but I got a Pelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah right moment, because was crazy.
Speaker 1: AX was crazy. But I still stand behind the Pelly brand.
Speaker 2: Pelly brand is elite.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm off.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna be so musty in that coat.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hot.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be musty as hell. And that coke musty like an ion.
Speaker 3: It's gonna smell like every blunt I'm smoking it.
Speaker 6: Telly Pelly, don't breathe, Okay, doctor, somebody fried chicken in the house with that coat.
Speaker 1: That's why it's called petty Pelly, because it's Pelly's Pelly bouncing in and then bouncing back.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's it's kind of right back at you. Jacket goes smell like everything you've been through.
Speaker 1: All's my life. I had to fight in that coat.
Speaker 2: It's smell like McDonald's in you. I I had McDonald's two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Now, one of the things I did come across that I think could be worth exploring. Is I wanted to look up where baby's facial features actually come from?
Speaker 2: Right, And there's interesting.
Speaker 1: There's a site called baby chick dot com, which obviously we all frequent, we know a lot about, and babychick dot com has a list of seven things that they say sort of lead to the baby's appearance. The first, obviously, is the DNA. Your eye color, your sex, your height is all determined by DNA. Your parents' DNA. It is a combination of both mother and father. Despite what Merrily is suggesting, mom and dad both play apart. But then there are a bunch of other things that play into this that I think are at least suggestive of what you are saying. So, alcohol, they say, potentially can change what a baby looks like. That alcohol consumption during pregnancy could result in fetal alcohol syndrome. Even the smallest nothing, yeah, exactly, no more moscato, You gotta put it down, just a little bit, just a little nip is bad for the baby.
Speaker 3: They say.
Speaker 1: This syndrome can cause a developing fetus to be born with particular facial appearances, such as tiny eyes or thin lips. It can also affect a child's cognitive behavioral and developmental abilities. And when I read that, what I immediately thought about is what is causing this mother to drink? Could it be an annoying family member or a person who they hate are mad at? Potentially, yes, at which point that might lead to the distortion of this person's facial features, thus making them look like this aunt, uncle, sister whoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can agree with that science.
Speaker 3: I think that's good.
Speaker 2: I like it. Hell yeah, hypotheses.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another little piece that they point to is healthy habits. They say moms who make poor exercise and food choices while pregnant may affect whether their child will be born at a healthy weight. Obese moms are more likely to give birth to babies who later become obese. From the moment you realize you're pregnant, make sure you are making healthy, nutritious food choices. Again, it makes me think of the reasons why we eat unhealthy and so much of it. And when I'm eating unhealthy, it's rooted in stress, and specifically, maybe even the stress is caused by the people near me.
Speaker 6: Right, I eat like that because I live in Chicago and it's just a big back city.
Speaker 2: You'll never make you hear without a big bag. That's true. Look at everybody who leaves back little because they can't make it.
Speaker 6: They couldn't cut it, Like you got a little ass back.
Speaker 2: Back ass out of here.
Speaker 1: Damn. I thought this whole time. I thought I was escaping something, but nah, I was.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: You couldn't make it the way to Chicago. Crush that little.
Speaker 6: You crumbled under the pressing on your shoulders like me, Chicago had never failed.
Speaker 2: That's a back.
Speaker 1: As a back, baby, Chicago can't do shipped to that back.
Speaker 6: Nothing impenetrable. Brandon Johnson standing up here, y'all.
Speaker 2: Just can't like your backs. Yes, why he's so big because they got a couple of my backs. You need a thick leather for that big back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Chicago just a big back place. Like I'm serious, Like any man that's in Chicago, be like, I don't even deal with fat bitches. Is lying because you would never have.
Speaker 1: Sex while I was living in Chicago. I definitely had sex with big girls in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she came over with a guy.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: You was like, you know what her cut there? All right? What you say you got this from? Damn? They put the meat on the cheese with it. Oh my god, he was.
Speaker 6: Big ben that with a foopa like this in his arms. They hold temperatures, tend togrees a peace. Yeah, no, it's it's it's too cold, the food is too good.
Speaker 1: What are you doing if you ain't.
Speaker 2: If you men don't pay about their big back baby.
Speaker 3: They don't know.
Speaker 6: You can play with little bbl but they don't play about their big back girl.
Speaker 2: No talk about her. That's my fat bitch.
Speaker 1: You say what you want about your fab bitch, but that's my fabus.
Speaker 2: But that's my fat bitch. It's her birthday. Look out, she looks pretty done.
Speaker 1: The other sources I think follow a similar train. There's supplements which I guess that that can affect the baby's appearance. There's caffeine, obviously, if you are drinking caffeine, it has similar effects. Traveling, they say extensive airline travel can expose a pregnant mom the unhealthy levels of radioation, and as you can imagine, radiation is not recommended for developing fetus.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then this part I think it's maybe makes strong though, right, that's just that's just pure gamma rays.
Speaker 6: That's five G give it my baby service. The tablet I don't need no hot spot.
Speaker 2: No, my damn the hotspot. All you gotta do is tap your phone on my baby.
Speaker 3: You can stream, but do your Halloween on my baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to watch this two B movie coming baby?
Speaker 1: Oh baby, got terrible things in movies, but you can watch. You can watch all of.
Speaker 3: Them, ad free.
Speaker 9: I love my little Come tap the TV, baby, I got a premium, You got good hair?
Speaker 3: No ads.
Speaker 2: While I've been at this shit.
Speaker 1: The last source of potential effects that that might change the way your baby's your baby looks, they say, is family history. Your family's history can play a part in how your baby looks. Like recessive genes, some inherited genes may lay dormant or skip generations and suddenly pop up to surprise families when they least expect it. And when I read that, what I immediately thought about, as it relates to this conspiracy theory, is the possibility that this annoyance has been laying dormant inside of the mother for longer than we recognize. Right that, Like if somebody gets on your nerves or is somebody you hate, it may have been something building simmering for a while and then gets released as the baby is forming and the belly thus creating this sort of like mirror image of the person they hate is a generational curse.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what.
Speaker 6: Okay, goddamn baby, I just thought, like, oh, being a moms just sounds too strict, Like can't drink, can't can't have a gyro for breakfast? What right if I can't have my breakfast?
Speaker 1: Guyrol, what am I here.
Speaker 3: At season two? A top boy?
Speaker 6: What are we doing if I can't have fau wings with mouselves? Damn evil ass baby.
Speaker 2: I read this and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't fully convince me, but it doesn't not sway me a little bit. It doesn't doesn't leave me completely off board of your conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest, it's true. Wait till Jesus tells me he's coming back.
Speaker 1: So he coming back, and this is gonna be one of the first things he said.
Speaker 8: Before I take anybody to Heaven. I want you to know your baby ugly because you was mad at.
Speaker 3: Your sister back bitches.
Speaker 2: In the front.
Speaker 6: I's yo, you gotta back like a beef brisket line.
Speaker 2: I can see me now, talking ship girl. I knew he was gonna call me first.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, y'all thought I wasn't gonna get called.
Speaker 2: I got called first because he knows what's sun talking stuff like.
Speaker 1: Jesus just gone on me, Jesus from Chicago. See, I told her.
Speaker 6: He be.
Speaker 2: Bory.
Speaker 1: Where where do you? Where do you live in this conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Are you sold?
Speaker 1: Are you bought into it?
Speaker 4: Listen, I've been in. I've been in and uh, when I go on tour clapping, I'm gonna bring the gospel to the world.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's beautiful. Well, you should do like a Christmas concert of course.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, even Dipset had for Christmas Christmas.
Speaker 3: I like that. It's just everybody hands.
Speaker 1: It's just long runs followed by big clap. So loo's not even so much music as it is, just a demonstration of skills.
Speaker 2: Back to that instrumentalist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you got to switch the stroke up.
Speaker 2: You see, he has technique. Better check his technique.
Speaker 1: Well, merrily, I.
Speaker 2: Think we did it.
Speaker 1: I think we we nailed this conspiracy. I don't know that, uh that there are any more questions to be had. Could you tell the people where they can find you and what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 6: Oh? Well, I would not suggest anybody to follow me if you aren't strong. But if you are strong, you can find me an ig at V merrily. That's th h E E M A R I L e E. I'm outside, I'm doing stuff. You know, they cancel my show, so I have to really work for my money really hard this summer. So you could catch me on a road near you opening for somebody, and my name will not be on the flyer.
Speaker 3: You just have to know.
Speaker 2: If you know, you know, you just have to know. But I do do it once a month here in Chicago at Reggie's. I do music too, so it's a half music.
Speaker 6: Have comedies called jokes and jazz and jokes at Reggie Chicago. So I do that once a month and the next one is on October eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, So go go to jazz and jokes and go follow Merrilee. If you're strong.
Speaker 6: I'm coming by comments with no fucking paragraph and I got a mental illness, bitch, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: About what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Uh, and follow her. Go to her shows. We'll see her on the road if you know and and can somehow catch her, or you want to tell the people where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, my tours ending up ending this month, bring David to plate dot com. I still am gonna be in Springfield, Missouri, Kansas, Curre City, Missouri, New York City, Worcestern, Massachusetts. Uh suit Falls, South Dakota, and Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Hell yeahper dope, So.
Speaker 3: Go see I'm done.
Speaker 2: Go see Bori on tour.
Speaker 6: Let yeah, you know you a real comedian when you go to Sue Folls, you do comedy, doing something. My talent ain't never took me to sup Ho Hose And I'm gonna tell you that, so keep the good word.
Speaker 2: You're killing it.
Speaker 3: It's not the talent, it's the bills that took me there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: And if you want to see me, you can follow me at Kerrman on Instagram and on Twitter or not Twitter, I don't know. Twitter don't exist for me anymore, but on TikTok and follow the show page on TikTok. If you want to see me live, you can see me at the House of Comedy in New Westminster October thirteenth through fourteenth October twenty and through the twenty first. I'll be at ded Crow Comedy Room in Wilmington. North Carolina, and then November tenth and eleventh, I'll be in Burlington, Vermont. And then November seventeenth through eighteenth, I'll be at Hyenas Comedy Nightclub in Dallas, Texas. I would love to see you at any and all of those shows. And as always, if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, if you want to show us the big old Pelly Pelly that you've been living in this entire time since since you first bought it, send it all to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you and follow the subscribe to the YouTube. Do all the ship that that we beg you to do every week. You know your goddamn job, you idiot. Anyway, that's it, Bye, bitch.
Speaker 2: The government, my.
Speaker 1: Growth chips and yours.
Speaker 4: All Kuala bears are racist, the host layer of hostly money, our ships and many Turkey stuff.
Speaker 5: Y'all can't tell me, Government,