Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at adjocuslad dot com.
Speaker 2: Charlie is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Penelope. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, Charlie, how long has it been since you heard from Penelope?
Speaker 3: Well, the ghost watch has been on for about a full week now.
Speaker 4: Oh no, nothing. Ghost watch sounds like you have a sense of humor about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean since seven days it's this twenty you got to know it's I get the feeling it's a decision.
Speaker 4: Have you tried to break the no contact? Uh?
Speaker 3: Not really, it's just kind of I just want to kind of see what's going on. I mean, I haven't really reached out, but I think that was just something that may have gone wrong last time we met, and maybe it led to something, and I hope it didn't. Something had to change. I just feel like something had to change, you know. And I mean I think she's a great person. I think she's a very school elegant girl. You know the type of drinks herbal tea and keith me plant alive emotionally, So what.
Speaker 4: Did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 3: Then took me to an indoor plant terrain terrarium. It's my pronunciation is that she's saying terranium, but I know something terrarium, right, someone where indoor plants are a workshop, because it just seems like she had that vibe she had, like that calm. We got a girl calm, confident, she has that raspee. I read novels in bed type voice, you know, ug cozy, earthy. So we were like, you know, it was some botany into the business. We're at this thing, so let me just say that we're at this workshop. And the guide said something basically said, don't touch anything behind the velvet velvet rope because some plants are just toxic to skin. And that I told her that, uh I know my way around foliage, like he said, as smooth as I could, as confident as a kid. Reached over that rope, and uh I touched a shiny leaf there. I don't really know how to describe it. Too off like a shiny leaf. It just looked like royalty, right, okay, and so next to the sign that says like costic sap, don't handle you know, but that just makes me want to grab it more so. So yeah, that's why I do. Like he told me not to do something, I want to do it. I'm obsessed. So I go, I try to shake my hand off of the SAT, wipe it off my shirt, and then wipe it on a brush shore. I wiped it on a fern and then they handed me a white like wet wipes custom wipes, and uh and yeah, she just had this look on her face like there was this was just an absolute, uh train wreck. But you know, I wanted to show her that, you know, the guy who's willing to touch poison for her.
Speaker 4: So you said out and touch poison for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was cool after.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to get this straight.
Speaker 5: The person that was conducting the stuff told you don't touch the plants because it's it's gonna it's toxic. Then on the other side of the rope there's a sign that says don't touch the plants because it's toxic, and then you touch the plants.
Speaker 3: I just want to be double negative, okay, double negative.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a chance. Yeah, there is a chance that this could be the reason you're getting goes to every day. Is amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I love it.
Speaker 3: I think there was anything wrong with it because she she nudged my shoulder. You know that's touch. We shared a lavender tea. Oh he said she had plant enthusiasm energy. Said to me that I had this energy, just plant enthusiasm energy. We had a vibe. You don't just sip hammer meal next to moss art with someone if you're not spiritually linked. And the link is there, And one minute we're breathing in you to lift this fog together, which smells great, and the next minute she's gone, like vera goolds. Now I'm ghosted, days lost, confused, and I don't know if it's still poisoned. But oh no, like it's been a week. I'm doing it fine. But yeah, I just you know, she's okay, Well what what what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, let's call her and find out.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back and then call her and see if hotls why she's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, you got it, all right, we'll get your first.
Speaker 2: Day follow up next right the middle of your first date follow up and if you're just joining us, Charlie is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Penelope. So we're about to call her and see iftas why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, before we do that, Charlie, whyn't you break down your situation again real quick?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Met this girls very independent, had a nice vibe out there, so she seemed like the type would go out to a terrarium check out some plants. They told me not to. I touched a few of them and see, you know, things got a little weird and I just want to know what ghosted me.
Speaker 4: He sounds like a funny guy, Charlie, but also a wild time. All right, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get it.
Speaker 4: Let's all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Let's you think.
Speaker 4: Him as speaks? Penelope? Please, Hey Penelope? How are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jubil Show. Hi Penelope, I'm Nina. Hi I'm Victorian. How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm okay? Wait? Are the radio show school? Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but we do do a segment called the First Night follow up on our show. That's where if you go on a date with someone and you ghost them, that person can email us to ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 4: And we got an email about you from someone.
Speaker 6: Oh interesting, Okay, this is just there, all right, gone.
Speaker 2: So is there anybody that you can think of that you went out with recently that you have been ghosting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's one guy I can think of.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's his name?
Speaker 6: His name is Charlie.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is Charlie.
Speaker 2: Charlie dad and told us about your dates that he really liked you and he's wondering why you're not getting back to him, and would you mind telling us.
Speaker 6: I don't know what he told you.
Speaker 1: But this guy touched some poisonous step and stung his hand like it was very traumatizing, kind of funny, but.
Speaker 6: It was weird. It threw me off.
Speaker 1: And just when things are getting back on track, like during the date, he yelled.
Speaker 6: At this lady who was leading this date, like.
Speaker 1: The events of the day and this remember he had touched poisonous step.
Speaker 6: So but he blamed her for not warning him about the dangers of them. And I mean, you literally asked to speak to a manager like a supervisor. Here's a really big turn off.
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on, I wasn't yelling. I was advocating for public safety. I mean, if there's stop to coly at present, I deserve.
Speaker 6: A fair warning what that action is going on right now? So weird.
Speaker 2: That's actually Charlie. He's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I wasn't yelling. Okay, Oh, I was not yelling. Okay, this is I want. I want the people to know it was advocating for public safety. There is a bulliage present in this small establishment. Yeah. I know there were signs, but you should see how small that sign was. Like I couldn't even finish reading it until my hand was already like an inch into the stap. I already had figures in the step like a comb in the honey when I already went I read that sign. It was so small it should not count. I mean, what if my hand gone dumb? What if I had lost mobility? What if I kind of the T shirt shirt.
Speaker 1: Kili it tingled? Your hand literally tangled. You weren't like trekking through the Amazon. You gently brush a shiny leaf in a climatron like you're next to a bluetique key there like worse.
Speaker 6: There's a team rate there. There's like an herbarium, like you can't. This wasn't the jungle.
Speaker 3: I know you know your cheese way more than I know te's all right. All I know about teas is how to cross them in dots of eyes like it could have been worse. It was risk. Okay, myceuticles were fully exposed.
Speaker 4: You wanted to risk, Charlie, I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, well, yeah, I'm a ban of danger, but I want to set an example for future skids and people in my shoes to not have to run in such terrible set Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, Princess Betuna, it wasn't a plant staff. It's not like it's nae palm or anything.
Speaker 6: Geez.
Speaker 3: She should have worn a setter. There was no urgency, none.
Speaker 1: No, she literally said, please do not touch anything behind the velvet rope. Some stants are toxic. Those the first thing she said, I'm pretty sure, tell us pretty clear that for the rest of the night.
Speaker 3: She said it like please recycle, not like touch that and you might lose a finger.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, She's put the scream at like it required a dramatic head talk.
Speaker 1: Or something like somebody's just saying, don't touch something behind a rope, literally just mean don't touch that.
Speaker 3: I was actually trying to impress you because I said I knew I was submitted.
Speaker 1: Well, you committed for sure to a rash and basically an apology toward the whole night.
Speaker 3: Oh, I apologize a ferd. I wiped my shirt on. Yes, shea, it was an innocent fern had no business seeing part of the.
Speaker 6: Ride, right, you apologize to the plant before you apologize to the lady that you scolded. But like that was weird. It was a little symbolic of how you really live on Well.
Speaker 3: Of course she had a dad, she was in a position of power. She's a public figures something intridiculous.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the plant anyway, that got Blaming someone else for your mistake is just not my vibe. I found accountability more attractive than like lying and passing it off, you know.
Speaker 3: Right choice accountability.
Speaker 1: I washed my hand, Yeah, and then you blame the poor woman named Cheryl who just wanted to talk to us about succulents.
Speaker 6: Like that was the moment that I could do it anymore?
Speaker 4: Would you like another date with Charlie, will pay for it.
Speaker 6: No, I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: I really am into men who like take responsibility for their actions, not men who choose the wage of verbal war with the indoor garden gardening staff or other ferns that couldn't do anything.
Speaker 3: And for the record, I want you to know I did not wage war. Okay, this was a sperm conversation that sween responsible adults.
Speaker 1: No, it was not. You asked for the supervisor like some caring I'm business. That's why we're done you guys.
Speaker 3: That was the fird's doing well. Well.
Speaker 6: The friend handled everything better than you did. Charlie. Okay, you will first date fall up