Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling Hi Hi, Happy Halloween, Hio mg ars. It's Halloween on the show, but it's not Halloween in real life.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice if that was.
Speaker 3: It always used to match up what do we do wrong somehow?
Speaker 2: Follow in July it could be instead of.
Speaker 4: In July Halloween July Halloween six with the Roman numerals.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 1: But it's like the horror season right eat, it wasn't. It wasn't listed as Halloween six on my my thingy that I watched.
Speaker 3: I noticed that too.
Speaker 1: It was it had like ticks, no fleas and bats and oh in another word that we're not allowed to say anymore.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that we use anymore. So that's why they changed it six better. It works. Totally great episode, such a great great episode, guys, you liked it? Yeah? Season six for me is private.
Speaker 1: It really is. There's so much going on and they're so adult like.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, toy, you were right when you said college years are the best.
Speaker 3: Like you were right.
Speaker 2: I was one season off though. It wasn't like you said something of the college years.
Speaker 3: It was in mid guys, can I tell you something.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 4: I am so happy that we have had Joe show up because who wait, Joe, that's badly all right, Joe Bradley, he's the character that comes in this week. I loved that dude when I was in college. Like, when that guy showed up, I was team Cameron Bancroft microft hard.
Speaker 3: Where did Cameron Bancroft come from?
Speaker 2: Besides Heaven Anada, Canada?
Speaker 1: Same thing, Heaven Canada.
Speaker 4: He was so swoony swoon that I remember when he showed up, just being like yes, like I Ray prewit who like Jamie Walters was cute, but like for me, I was all Cameron Bankropt Like I was just like this guy. Yes.
Speaker 2: I remember doing a chemistry read like one scene and there was a kiss in the scene with three boys.
Speaker 4: Oh awkward or any of the others anybody?
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 1: I call that Wait did they do that on like your lunch hour? They're like, tor, can you come in and kiss three guys and let's see which one you like best?
Speaker 2: And it was while they were doing your coverage in a scene.
Speaker 3: And one of them was camera.
Speaker 2: It was it was on Yeah, they fitted out in between scenes and like.
Speaker 1: He went into Paul's office and made out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually on set. And I remember one of the boys because I had a crush on him in high school. And do you remember Robert Conrad, the actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I remember him, I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, old school like friends with my dad. Yes, he had these dreamy sons and he had the show called High Mountain Rangers. That was when we were young. And Shane Conrad, I remember he was so cute and then I saw him in high school at my friend's high school, and then all of a sudden he was there and I was doing a chemistry read and I was like gosh, and I got so nervous because I liked that boy in high school. But it was all Cameron.
Speaker 3: Cameron Conrad had those really dreamy blue eyes, did.
Speaker 2: The sound, wondered what the kid looks like.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm I'm so happy that Cameron like made it happen for you, for me, for you. You had the chemistry with Cameron Bancroft.
Speaker 4: Apparently he's perfect and he's a round for a bit a while, like a whole season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you could have been endgame with that guy.
Speaker 1: But everyone says that, no, Yeah, he seems like sturdy marrying stock.
Speaker 2: So not my type, right, Jent Right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I was bored immediately on Your Behalf Nice Guy.
Speaker 2: We became great friends with the character Joe Bradley. Everybody says that if it wasn't David, we always wanted it to be Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh what I really to this day.
Speaker 3: He could have been a game with that guy.
Speaker 2: Keep my mind now that I'm watching it as an adult, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, there's no one for you but David Silver, But that guy was all.
Speaker 1: I want to change your mind, Vanilla, I like it.
Speaker 2: Maybe that'll actually like is that reverse psychology? Like fix my brain for the future. You can just be kind about my character.
Speaker 1: Yes, because this is a cathartic process for you and for me. We're learning so much about ourselves present day by watching ourselves on the show in the nineties that we're learning stuff.
Speaker 2: We can't change Donna or Kelly's path, but by watching it, we can change Jenny and Tory's path.
Speaker 1: That's right. You know, you are not defined by you are not defined by Donna's decisions, Donna's mistakes, Donna's way of thinking.
Speaker 3: Well, Donna's doing pretty good. It's Kelly that's not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think we should just start talking about it.
Speaker 3: Can we just start at the top, you guys. Yeah, we'll be right back and we'll get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. iHeart podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app. All right, we are here, We are here. We are talking about.
Speaker 4: This, right, sorry, Jenny, we are here.
Speaker 1: We are talking about season six, Episode eight, Halloween six, aired November one, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Synop says Donna tries to enjoy Halloween with handsome newcomer Joe Bradley, but gets haunted by her abuse of ex Ray Pruett. Meanwhile, Stephen Claire get hot and heavy, David and Valerie start Cohen Steady, Kelly and Colin do some cowboy rekindling, and Dylan wants to take Tony to Hawaii after her father finally confesses to killing Jack McKay.
Speaker 1: Directed by Bert bringer Off, written by Christine McCarthy and Sam's Oar car Stein McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Christine owis, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, that's her. I wrote this. Yeah, good at that?
Speaker 1: This is her, her WRI writer's name. What's that an alias?
Speaker 2: We didn't know it was?
Speaker 3: I still forgot. I got it.
Speaker 2: It's always like, but I always saw her name. I thought it was some like someone over the hill writing in my dad's office somewhere that we never saw old Christine.
Speaker 3: You're right, hair.
Speaker 1: She starts it starts out with with Donna, and then you can ray. I'm like, Ray, he's out there on your porch with his pumpkins? Is he delusional? Yes, you broke up with him. It's over. You told him, get it, he's like a pumpkin head.
Speaker 2: Well we don't you want him to come back like that means there was nothing to him. If he doesn't, like, try to die.
Speaker 1: Back, I mean, no, that's not healthy. Okay, go away, and he should just go away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was modern day. I could just block him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does a stunning job with those pumpkins. But we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 1: And you're too nice to him. Donna is too nice to him, She'll says, instead of you shouldn't have said we'll see, and you shouldn't have said maybe. Well, he says, can I come to the thing, and you're like, we'll see. No, No, it was the answer.
Speaker 2: See that's becoming more jen and Tour because literally, you know, in real life, I would say that, not meaning it, but us to the conversation. They'll just go away and not get mad at me, right, I know I should have said no, Well, we.
Speaker 1: Don't always take my advice.
Speaker 3: So Jenny, you're one to talk.
Speaker 4: I know, I know we'll get to That is amazing because some of it is so relatable, like your relationships and all that. And then it's also like insanely beyond cray with everything happening with Dylan and Tony. Like that's why I think I love it, because it's real and so far fetched all the same time.
Speaker 1: Well, put, yes, Dylan and Tony are shacking up now because she left Daddy's mansion.
Speaker 3: As he killed his father.
Speaker 1: Well we don't know that yet. She doesn't know that yet. Yeah, I guess we're left to think that. But then in this episode.
Speaker 3: His father and it's like, how could you ever put that?
Speaker 1: Because she's like, have you put all that stuff behind you?
Speaker 2: You don't?
Speaker 3: How could you?
Speaker 1: So is he just lying to her and saying that yes I have, and yes I'll get rid of this gun.
Speaker 3: At the spot where the murder happened, Like it's just like, what.
Speaker 1: What a coincidence they went back there to throw the gun away. I also, we're just skipping all around now, But how many guns do you think are in that ocean? Every show I've ever seen they chuck a gun in there. Has that ever happened in real life?
Speaker 4: You think, yeah, that's a good way to get rid of a gun.
Speaker 1: I would think it could be found.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, and they're registered. No, because not back then they are.
Speaker 1: I don't know from the guns.
Speaker 2: I don't mean there.
Speaker 4: I think you got to get a guy that takes care of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I like this stuff with Dylan and Tony and his house where they're shacking up their room mates. Now. She even says we're roommates now. And then you know, she goes to get the skeletons and it's cute, cute. Scene's cute with Dylan talking to the skeleton. He called it young David Silver. I don't know if anybody got that, but we got it because, yeah, David was you know, thin and lanky.
Speaker 2: Would the boys would always be on him, give all the gears about that.
Speaker 4: She's so stunning that I actually sort of am like, okay, I'm in. Like there's something about them that I'm sort of like, all right, I'm in.
Speaker 3: There's one.
Speaker 1: I'm one to talk because Kelly did it all the time, baby talking like that little baby talk. She does it sometimes and it really does bug me. I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 4: A little note, a little trivia sort of note, that you had said at the time, Jenny, you would have loved to have Kelly have the.
Speaker 3: Storyline that Tony has. Do you remember that at all?
Speaker 4: And I'm probably jumping a little bit ahead because of what's coming, But does that ring a bell to you at all?
Speaker 3: Who said this? I said this?
Speaker 4: I saw it on the internet, The Worldwide Web said that Jenny Garth at the time had said she would have loved Tony's storyline.
Speaker 1: Probably because I just wanted to marry Dylan. Okay, not probably because I wanted Kelly and Dylan to be married or to have a baby kitty, I don't know, but not you know, no, right, no, I wouldn't wanted that. I wouldn't wanted that, you know what at the end?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Well, that's what I was wondering when I read it. I was like, huh, we'll get into that when we get there.
Speaker 1: We go to the CU and then we see Brandon with his wadded up money. I like that a want of cash, whoever want? No, he had each piece individually wanted into a little ball. I don't think Brandon would do that to his money by it.
Speaker 4: More cash back then too, Like think about it now, like first of all, you'd use your phone, but you'd also just use a credit card. But like back then, we're all using cash.
Speaker 2: But his girlfriend wrote it, so we did.
Speaker 1: This is where Steve introduces Donna to the handsome Joe Bradley and they flirt, flirt, flirt right away, he does, I am a sucker for a good news.
Speaker 3: He flirt so hard and yet is so charming.
Speaker 1: He's a charmer mm hm and he seems so normal and nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're kind of mfeo. What's made for each other?
Speaker 1: Oh m fo Yeah, because he's good and she's good.
Speaker 4: Well, soon we'll learn a lot about him that's very similar to Donna, remember, do I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And this is also where Claire and Steve talk about what a mistake, what about and if they had slept together here here? Oh wait? Yeah, yes, speaking of the potion, that's where we meet Madame Raven at the peach pit.
Speaker 4: You know what, I was just confused about what was she doing at the peach pit. That was where I was like, what was she doing there?
Speaker 2: We're having a burger fries like everyone else. Why do you go to the peaks.
Speaker 3: Behind the counter with Nat? I was like really confused, like what is she doing?
Speaker 1: She was using his pots and pans. It was very confusing. I thought she was a friend of NAT's.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 1: And then also you see like outside the peach pit after dark, you see she has her her like you know, van her Winnebago whatever thing, and then like a tent set up, like she's set up out there.
Speaker 2: Do you think there was a scene cut?
Speaker 3: Do you think a scene got cut?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you think she was hired for all right, a month of Halloween and to bring something in it after dark and they cut that sat.
Speaker 3: It doesn't I don't know.
Speaker 1: But VAL's not having it. She doesn't want her to do any readings, which I thought was a bad business decision honestly on VAL's part, because I would love to go to a party where there's a lady telling fortunes same same.
Speaker 2: I forgot that.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I always love those at parties or events.
Speaker 3: I always go to them.
Speaker 4: Think about it, I thought she was going to sort of come around, like I thought she was gonna be like, okay, good, I yeah, She's.
Speaker 1: Just like yeah, I wanted her to change her mind. But then then call and complains to Valerie about how broke he is, and she promises to give him a check by the end of the day and if he needs anything, to ask for it.
Speaker 2: But why is he broke, you guys.
Speaker 3: Because he's shut mama.
Speaker 2: So sugar mama, Yeah, but he had money from her.
Speaker 1: She was funding she was paying his apartartment, she was paying for his art supplies, right, so just like cuts off. No, I guess. So she's like, we never see her again.
Speaker 2: And then everything's just gone. I just assumed. Sorry, I don't know. I've never had a sugar mama or sugar Dadden.
Speaker 4: You're the sugar mama. Man, he's not gonna make out with her anymore. She's like, then you're on your own bucko. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And he didn't save any of the money she gave him, like anything.
Speaker 4: She's paying the bills. I don't think she's just handing the money to him. I'm just making this up.
Speaker 1: But so now he has to pay his bills, so he needs.
Speaker 3: His check I think that's right.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, I'm so nervous to see the mural at this point, like when they're talking about the unveiling and he's at the Beach apartment and he's saying, Kelly and your thin eyebrows, will you please come to the unveiling of the mural. I was so sweaty and panicked and nervous. That's going to be awful. I know it.
Speaker 4: And I was right you mentioned the eyebrows because literally when I look in the mirror and go thank you so much, Torri and Jenny because.
Speaker 2: Just came back, thank God, Like, yeah, how come yours are so good too, I see your beautiful brows among both you girls.
Speaker 3: Corey, not me. Mine are so thin compared to what they.
Speaker 2: Were minor penciled in.
Speaker 5: Mh.
Speaker 1: Remember when eyebrow trend?
Speaker 3: Why did that story?
Speaker 2: I think like Drew Barrymore didn't known.
Speaker 1: She did have them. But we were the first people to do it on TV on a show like that, like where people were actually looking to us to start trends or to Yeah, that was a mistake.
Speaker 3: M hm, we all did it. It didn't. It didn't, it didn't. It didn't.
Speaker 1: It look weird.
Speaker 3: Look it looks good.
Speaker 1: Like it looks good I think now looking back, whoa, no.
Speaker 2: Everything comes, it'll come back again, sadly.
Speaker 4: Will and it won't be good. Then Brooke Shields knows what she's doing.
Speaker 2: I know she never nah never anyway.
Speaker 1: So do you think that when Colin asks Kelly to come to the unveiling, she doesn't really commit to it? Do you already know she's gonna go? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a viewer, we do, right, I mean a cute outfit and her cute we.
Speaker 2: Want her to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of cute face acting you did in that scene.
Speaker 1: Face acting, But hmm, I'm curious what's the difference between face acting and just acting.
Speaker 4: Me that face acting is a lot of like really good face without words, and in that scene you get pretty cute Jenny face acting. But that's a I don't want to jump ahead, oh boy, because you're not talking about you're giving some face acting and facetage.
Speaker 3: And he's got face acting too.
Speaker 2: I think what she's actually referring to is that you're very talented.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Well, it was not hard to do.
Speaker 2: If you don't have a line there, you have to convey it without talking.
Speaker 3: Yank credit for this.
Speaker 4: But on another podcast called The Rewatchables where they kind of do what we do with old movies, they were talking about hand acting. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna have to start studying hand acting.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a whole thing. Yeah, yeah, you can tell.
Speaker 2: I haven't writ me award if.
Speaker 1: Well face acting acting. Thank you. I don't care what it is, but as long as you enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this episode is amazing.
Speaker 1: Keep going back at Dylan's house, Tony finds his gun in the first aid drawer because the cat scratches her, and she makes Dylan promise to get rid of it. Get rid of it, Dylan.
Speaker 3: People are out to kill you. Get rid of this gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she cares about him. If she cares about him, he should keep the gun.
Speaker 3: I'm living there protecting these people, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess it's like Tomato, Tomato a loose canon that he's a loose can. But do you believe when he's I see him making the choice, the tough, tough choice of like, this is my woman, and this is the person that I'm going to go against what I want to do right now, and I'm going to listen to her and what she's asking me to do. I could actually see him making the choice.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean. He was very adult of him time.
Speaker 4: I was very sucked into what you're saying, Jenny. I'm having a more challenging time watching it now knowing that Luke wanted to leave the show, So I'm getting a little real life mixed in. Where when I watched it back in the original day, I think I was where Jenny's at that this guy loves her, and I was just hook line and sinker in.
Speaker 1: But it was all for a reason.
Speaker 3: Right, It's all I'm in. Man, Okay, let's go to the pea pad.
Speaker 1: Uh. Donna finds Ray to warn him. I mean, you know kindly that you know. She's trying to communicate, trying to be mature and say, listen, I said you could come tonight, but I need you to be okay with me talking to other guys. And I'm like, oh my god, Donna, she.
Speaker 3: Said I might dance with other guys. What did you say? You sort of said it in a way.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, I don't know, but you're Rachel, Like she can't say no to him, but then she's gonna tell him nits.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, why did you even invite him to go?
Speaker 1: And then why did you invite I can't.
Speaker 2: Him to go? And then I want Joe Bradley there, But then I have to tell Ray. I shouldn't have told Ray, like so me, I would just excuse me whole thing and hide in the corner.
Speaker 4: Ray needed a harder line. I think that you're almost confusing.
Speaker 3: Ray in a way in this.
Speaker 1: In the in the top of the show, you were confused and giving him mixed signals.
Speaker 3: Now he acts like a lunatic. But I think you're confusing on me. I was just.
Speaker 1: Yelling, and I was yelling at you, like I was yelling at you for giving him, not you, but Donna for giving him mixed messages and and then expecting a different, a better outcome, Like what do you think doesn't.
Speaker 4: He say, like tell me I've got a chance, and you're like, maybe we'll see me.
Speaker 3: You talked about that, Jenny, like yeah, see, thank you, And it's like.
Speaker 4: Telling me you scared stares true, he's volatile and we see that.
Speaker 3: M hm hmm.
Speaker 1: So he says fine, but he's gonna win her back. Red flag.
Speaker 2: Really, that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah in this case, Uh huh. Susan and Brandon run into Madame Raven, who sees a letter with the name Jonathan Caston On it it and then she reads her fortune and tells Susan she isn't over, said Jonathan Caston, Well, I think we.
Speaker 3: Do meet him soon, if I you're right correct.
Speaker 1: Wait, we didn't meet him before.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't think we've met him yet. No, we haven't met what I think saying we haven't met him yet?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I didn't know she was in love with somebody else like ever. Well, no, I just assumed this was the first time for her. But it's kind of cute.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I'm really into you. The acting of Susan.
Speaker 3: She's very good. Yeah, she's not irritated.
Speaker 1: Ama Callfield. She does a great job. I like this character, and I never ever would have known that I liked this character character if I didn't watch the show back on the OLOGI podcast.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I loved this show.
Speaker 5: Day by day, not one of them.
Speaker 3: You guys, wait super fast. I have to tell you guys this.
Speaker 4: I watch a lot of shows and for some reason lately and maybe it's season six and people can chime in I'm more excited to watch our episode for the week than some of these new shows.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's not because we're old friends like that. You're so familiar with it, like it's like going home, It's like putting on a comfy pair Chammis I want to say for.
Speaker 2: Those other shows, and Jen's like, no, but our personality.
Speaker 3: This could be the pinnacle. I don't know. We'll discuss it. Oh my god, you say that every week.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I want you to continue saying that all the way into season ten.
Speaker 3: No, I don't got to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna need you to. We go to the peach Pit where Tony Marchett shows up. I got a little scared when he just slides right into the booth to talk to his daughter. He wants her to come home with him, and she says no. She asks him to his face if he had Jack McKay murdered, and he basically confirms it with his silence, crazy razy crazy crazy murder and like everything.
Speaker 3: So just lie to her.
Speaker 1: Like say no, I didn't have anything to do with it, honey, I love you, come home.
Speaker 3: That's what I went through my mind.
Speaker 4: I thought he could have said I didn't murder him because he didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that happened. And then she said did you have anything? Did you have him murdered?
Speaker 3: And she felt strong on the first thing.
Speaker 2: I know, but kids push parents boundary, so parents push kids boundary. Sometimes he's seeing Yep, he could have lied. You're right, they goulda lied. But then realizes to everyone else, so I could have lied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it. Now he's got ethics and morals. He's gonna not lie about this. The biggest thing Nana's bananas.
Speaker 4: He just committed murder and told her about it, And I think she's like an accessory if she doesn't tell the authorities.
Speaker 1: But she goes home and tells Dylan.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: He's so.
Speaker 2: A narcissist is a way that word people throw around softened. But there's something about him that almost tells her on purpose, because he wants to see how much power he truly has deep down. But no matter what he says to her, that he could always have her. Does that make sense in any way? Hylan or Tony Tony the father Marshette, the dad Tony Marshad to Tony.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think, I guess that's what he's used to. But then you know, kids, they grow up and they develop their own identities. You see that with our kids, Like they're not they don't want to do what we want to do anymore, say what we want them to say anymore. They're their own people. And she's like at that formidable age where she's separating from him. But there was things like.
Speaker 2: She he could have lied, but I don't think he wanted to lie. He kind of wanted her to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but why would he want her to know because he's never lied to her.
Speaker 2: He wants to see his power with her.
Speaker 1: It's it's a power trip, which is sad.
Speaker 4: Nobody get mad at me because I'm just having some sort of a glitch.
Speaker 3: Do we know what happened to her mother? Where is her mother? Her mother died?
Speaker 2: A good question. I don't know what there is no can.
Speaker 4: Somebody look that up while we're talking? Just because and I'm sorry I can't remember, Paul Juice. I feel like the mother died, but I also feel like I might be making that up.
Speaker 1: Maybe Daddy killed her too. She should have asked him that.
Speaker 2: We won't know because he probably lied about it and said it was someone else.
Speaker 1: So no, maybe today if she asked him, he would tell her the truth.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But we can't go back, go for thank god.
Speaker 3: Okay, scary Halloween party.
Speaker 1: You guys, I love a Halloween party.
Speaker 4: You do break costumes, great freaking costumes.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: The minute you walk into the peach pit after dark and the first costume you see is like Marilyn Monroe in the pink dress, You're.
Speaker 3: Like a hi.
Speaker 1: Yes, Halloween party.
Speaker 3: It was hard for me to figure out who the heck Brandon was.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, he was so good as Marlon.
Speaker 3: I know. I did not It did not land on me right away. I was like, you was very.
Speaker 2: Excited to do that. Oh yeah, oh there's off camera too. That was a long day. Sorry.
Speaker 1: He loved being Marlon Brando.
Speaker 3: Oh man, the cotton balls.
Speaker 2: And then they all did it, Luke all did it in the dressing rooms an entire episode. The week in the dressing Rooms made their trailer.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I did not care for what that mask that Ray put puts on. Oh my god, that scare the crap out of me. That was so not okay.
Speaker 3: It was so scary.
Speaker 4: The smile the whole it was not not not okay.
Speaker 1: And he just has that on in his old regular T shirt, like I'm not going to know that that's him in a mask. I love that.
Speaker 2: That they give serial killer vibes, like this dude is messed up.
Speaker 4: He is loco in luck com I scream before scream, Yeah, it was it before it.
Speaker 3: It was so many things.
Speaker 4: Actually the original it was probably out, but like it was, Yes, it was scary.
Speaker 1: And then Madame Raven sort of puts Susan on blast in front of Brandon and tells her that about the whole Jonathan Caston thing, so she has to admit it to him, and she does or anything, and then he doesn't get mad at her, He kisses her.
Speaker 3: It's also that woman's always like five dollars.
Speaker 1: She's raking it in, especially off Susan. My lord, it's time, it's time. It's time Valerie comes on stage. It's time to unveil ther My god.
Speaker 3: Can I say something really fast? Have you ever been to a club where like the owner regularly goes on stage other than the.
Speaker 1: Peapad, I've never been to a club where the owner is as hot as vowel Ma Malone so non Depp never.
Speaker 4: Been to a club basically, I've never seen anything like where the owner is always on stage making announcements, introducing the acts, saying how great was that?
Speaker 2: Like, it's just so it is not come when you read a ticket that they got in that night to see who's playing the background, aren't like, Oh, I'm psyched to see this person. Someone has to introduce them. It's TV. At least it's her, she's hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: What did you guys think of Kelly's New York?
Speaker 4: I did a lot, but once again, at what club in the middle of a party?
Speaker 3: Never anyone revealing a weird who cares? I don't don't care.
Speaker 2: I'd hate to see like something I'm there for a Halloween. I'd be out.
Speaker 1: I like the mural, but they were very excited. I did not like the mural. I thought it was weird and I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: At least don't work.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand, Like Joe, why, I feel like going back that you should have had some creative control over Collin's art as his partner on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking, No, I don't want that. Oh, I don't want that control. Who who. I don't know anyone, because anyone because.
Speaker 2: You can't check with him because he's you know, recurring whatever. It's not up to him to make creative decisions.
Speaker 1: So you don't you think that who?
Speaker 2: Okay, this mural, I don't know, but no one that should have. So one of our cats should have. And I'm anointing you to do it because I feel like it was your boyfriend, so you should have had some say on his vibe.
Speaker 1: Respectfully, I don't want that loads up.
Speaker 2: On the show, but at least he should be a talented artist. That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just not Where is that mural?
Speaker 2: Too? Where is that? That's always a thing?
Speaker 3: Is that in some warehouse?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Where is that? Is it any of those.
Speaker 2: Stories at someone's house?
Speaker 1: Why would someone have that in their house?
Speaker 3: Because it's I would want that.
Speaker 4: I could totally do something amazing with that. Wait, you know what I wanted to ask you, as it's kind of an interjection, but do you recall, like now that Jason Priestley is a producer, was he doing any producing?
Speaker 3: Like do you remember him?
Speaker 4: I don't know making decisions playing because this is the first season where he's in the credits as the producer, right.
Speaker 1: I think he always had kind of was contributing down the hall there and we just didn't know about it. And now he was contributing in the same way, and we knew about it because it said, ye are good.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Kelly. Kelly shows up as a cowgirl and conveniently Colin is a cowboy.
Speaker 3: Great costume. Yeah, it was very They started to dance.
Speaker 2: Can I ask what your favorite Halloween costume is in all six seasons? Wait?
Speaker 1: I can only remember this one on the Witch.
Speaker 2: I know me too, Wait, but that's my favorite of your is Glinda?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was I was talking about the Bad Witch, the one where she almost got the Good Witch. Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 3: I'd need to see all the photos.
Speaker 1: This one felt like a very like I'm so mature now for Halloween.
Speaker 4: But we're almost over Halloween. We're bordering into the sexy costume Halloween.
Speaker 3: Ray bordering the devil.
Speaker 2: I've been a hooker Halloween though since season one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but this one was good.
Speaker 3: You look good in not red?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: One Joe God, Hello, welcome Joe.
Speaker 1: Wait do you guys did you see the musical act? No, you got to see it.
Speaker 2: I didn't on ours on your.
Speaker 1: On the on the way. How are you watched this episode? Did you get to see who performed at the peach Pit after Dark?
Speaker 3: I did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 1: It was the Cramps, you guys, and what the show? The peach Bit after dark just got cool.
Speaker 2: We had the Cramps on.
Speaker 1: They were amazing.
Speaker 3: What watching it?
Speaker 4: No, it's good that Jenny's watching it on the secret thing that you got from Deren Martin, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't see any of it.
Speaker 1: It was fun to watch and I would have been. I mean it looked like the like everybody, the background actors, everybody watching them was so into it, and I believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen that on our list of like all right we've had in the history, Like, I never saw the Cramps.
Speaker 1: It was the Cramps.
Speaker 3: It's arrogant. Give that to me. When we're doing.
Speaker 1: What day November sweeps?
Speaker 3: There's money, there's some money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because back then November episode there's money.
Speaker 3: And now it all makes sense to me because we're leading up to the you know what, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, you guys, this is when David puts the love potion inside valeries drink. I'm like, no, you're going to get in trouble and basically roofying her.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was not good.
Speaker 1: No, not a good look. And then of course all the classes get all switch rude.
Speaker 4: Drinking, like they're all for drinking, Like what was that vodka?
Speaker 1: Like like a screwdriver or something.
Speaker 3: That look like seven up and I don't know, it was all clear. It looked like water. But it's like, what are they drinking? And are they all twenty one? Now?
Speaker 2: I guess we literally every week we're like, are they twenty one? Yes?
Speaker 3: So the old sweitcheroom of the drinks with the blood potion in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they go upstairs so they can't wait to get home because they're all hot and bothered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they start into like a room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they go it's like the green room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my ears are burning.
Speaker 1: They're they're they're talking. No, this is Stephen and Claire.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're fine.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were still ting.
Speaker 3: No, you're okay.
Speaker 2: I'm so hung up on that.
Speaker 1: Steph and Claire are are They can't keep their hands off each other? Uh huh ew and then ray together. I thought I am over it. Here's what's happening the scene when they're in that room and he's like Major Tom or what does he made?
Speaker 3: Colonel? He's from Apollo thirteen.
Speaker 1: And she's d I Dream of Genie and then he's like, gets up closer and all he's doing is staring at her boobies. I didn't like it. I did not like it.
Speaker 3: I thought he was Larry Hagman from Dream of Genie too.
Speaker 1: I mean, he looked just like that guy that that would have been better, but he claimed he was from Yeah. This is when Ray did look very yeah, noticeable, juicy. I can imagine why his eyes did not come up to her face. But I was like, Okay, that's enough that. That's when Ray catches Donna dancing with Joe and he goes off on her and he laurn's Joe, watch this one. She'll cut your heart out. Aggressive, very mean, mean words Ray Pruitt. But I I honestly expected him to do more than just that. Like, I didn't think he was going to just say that and leave. I thought he would flip out a little more.
Speaker 2: It's like the time at the house and they accused him of stealing and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, jerks, you're all jerks and.
Speaker 1: He's really not that tough we see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's almost.
Speaker 1: Colin tells Kelly that he's going to be taking the teaching position at See You Okay, we're student.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got bills to pay.
Speaker 1: Got bills to pay, got them bills to pay back of Dylan's house.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 1: Tony is very sad. She doesn't want to play with her kiddie, and Dylan tells her not to torture herself over what her dad did. Now he's comforting her. Odd because her dad killed his dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's real nice of them.
Speaker 3: Graggly but yet cute.
Speaker 1: He loves her, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: It happened fast, but now we see it at least. Yeah, yeah, it's being conveyed. Remember before we were like this is rushing, we can't even get on board with this relationship, and now you see true affections. Someone someone got notes there and they added that in.
Speaker 1: We need to see more that you guys like each other more action.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just such a strange storyline, like her dad murdered his dad and we're just supposed.
Speaker 1: To be like, yeah, okay, so back at the beach us, right, Joe takes Stunah home and I'm like, yes, Joe, you're so smart.
Speaker 3: It's too soon. It's too soon.
Speaker 1: Beautiful pumpkins, right, those were some nice bocons.
Speaker 3: Those were that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: And we're led to believe that it was like falling.
Speaker 1: I guess my roommates did it, duh.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, Donna.
Speaker 1: I think I yelled at a lot of the TV at Donna like five times.
Speaker 3: No, Donna. Kelly didn't do that. It was right, He's.
Speaker 4: Fine, creepy how he was hiding back there, oh boy, Although I don't know Joe Bradley being like it's too soon. That was a little and then he kind of that was like too too good boy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But thank you.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna do anything anyway. She's he comes back.
Speaker 4: He leaves and then he changed his mind, but he does come back and then he whoops Ray prew It's but which wasn't hard and that has repercussions.
Speaker 2: Mhmm.
Speaker 3: What does he say? This isn't over? And I was like, rampy fight. It was a scrappy fight. And I actually think Ray Pruet could have taken Joe Bradley. But I guess he is the football guy. I don't know. Yeah, they're kind of.
Speaker 2: I didn't personally, I guess being friends with Jamie Walters and being like, having seen how this played out on his behalf, I was sad that they didn't make him more. I don't know. I didn't want him to go down looking so weak, weak, but I know he was a bad guy in the shopball.
Speaker 1: He says this, and this isn't over. So is he coming back? There's more? There's more Ray Prue, Yeah, oh, Ray is coming back. And then Joe and Donna make out on the couch. Cute, Oh black guy, can't it's very stable. You're gonna hate on her and be so bored anyway, good guess her.
Speaker 3: I'm sure dream boat. He's just so dreamy.
Speaker 1: And then after the Halloween party, David and Valerie start kissing. Everybody's making out. He admits that he tried to give her Madame Raven's love potion, but she says there's no such thing as a love potion. David, there's someone was in those little vials. Well, never know what it was. I believe in love potions.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: I've made a love potion?
Speaker 3: What do you put in it? Like more than an afrod.
Speaker 1: She can't tell you. It was like essential oils and like you.
Speaker 3: Rub it on your body.
Speaker 1: That was a kind of rubbed on my body. Oh, they're like.
Speaker 2: Your pheromones to attract your true love.
Speaker 1: No, I I made a love potion that was supposed to bring back love and it worked. Wow ooh I still have it.
Speaker 3: It's very powerful.
Speaker 2: I don't I know what you speak of.
Speaker 4: What about like aphrodisiacs, chocolate, like oysters? Yeah, I think there's a chocolate. I think it's a Colla Bloo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know chocolate.
Speaker 2: I know a gen's talking about. We've talked about this before. But she's very powerful, so I understand this.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: And strawberries and oysters, I just don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but oysters, that's what they say. It's an aphrodisiac.
Speaker 3: Would not touch an oyster. I love oysters, aren't they raw?
Speaker 2: I've never felt horny after eating an oyster?
Speaker 1: Oh, I would feel disgusting after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's not something you want to eat and then like make out.
Speaker 1: No, no, it makes no sense none, But gents, that gets me all hot and cur in those crab legs pull it out.
Speaker 2: The meat turns me on when you do it.
Speaker 1: May you know what turns me on when you eat shrill shrimp feet, my tail, the crispy tail, the tail that's disgusting. All right, anyway, when do we learn that?
Speaker 3: What's her?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Sesus? Fake? Right now? Right now?
Speaker 1: The police come looking for the scam artist, Madame Raven, who's been going around town selling her bogus love potion.
Speaker 3: Yet it works, not focus is not crazy.
Speaker 2: She's a scammers, but it's real.
Speaker 1: It's like liquid ecstasy. Probably they're all doing drugs and they don't even know it. But Nat, thank goodness, kept one last bottle.
Speaker 2: You should have hooked up with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was kind of hoping though the grave interest for Nat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sort of thinking it was going.
Speaker 1: He could have slipped she could have slipped him some love potion in his mega burger m.
Speaker 3: And then I'm sort of roofying it.
Speaker 1: You can't really do that anymore. We go back to the scene of the crime to end our show where Jack McKay was killed.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have PTSD being here a little bit?
Speaker 1: I did, Yeah, But it felt like a natural progression for their relationship. It felt like if I was struggling to get over something that deep and that heavy. I would take my partner there to like help me get through it. Yeah, But he tells her they that they're going to move to Hawaii instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is sort of a shocking logical sort of thing. He wants to go be by his mom now and his sister. Well, I can understand the sister part, but like, all right, he's not like ever gotten along with.
Speaker 1: Iris that well, family's family, and I get it.
Speaker 4: It's it's sort of logical that he's like, he's got to leave Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: It's true, he needs to go. Yeah, things are not going well for him, and now he has this new person in his life, he needs to go put down his own roots somewhere without all this like.
Speaker 3: A mortgage.
Speaker 1: I guess so. Unfortunately, because the truth of the matter is Dylan's problems were always deeper than any of us could go with him, his friends, even Brenda, anyone. His problems were so deep that there's something about this starting over for him, the idea of starting over with this newish girl that doesn't really know the past.
Speaker 3: And he's got some obviously some deep stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yes, emphasizing it though like it's it would have been nice. What if they moved to Hawaii? What would they do for a living?
Speaker 1: Well, she was going to go to school heat cobs of money. Yeah, he was gonna go surfing.
Speaker 3: And Iris has gobs of money too. I thought they're going on the on the cash.
Speaker 2: But imagine her and huli skirt.
Speaker 3: And would look really cute.
Speaker 1: Hula skirt if you go to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: That actually would have been a nice spin off.
Speaker 4: Oh, Dylan goes to Hawaii Maui O nine two two seven or whatever it is, what is it?
Speaker 3: N see.
Speaker 2: And you go to at least in the world, we could have had a franchise gin.
Speaker 4: It was nice, could spin off like Dylan and Tony and Hawaii and suddenly there's like, you know, drama and murder, and I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't watch it. I would personally without like a cast of characters that I cared about. Who are they gonna introduce us to that's going to replace David and Donna and brand all shlew of people.
Speaker 2: But if it meant your favorite characters not disappearing from the show and getting their own show, you'd be okay with that because we could do crossovers which.
Speaker 4: At some point Melrose moves to Wednesday and Monday at nine was open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's what happened.
Speaker 3: We get Party of five instead?
Speaker 2: Mmmm on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Yeah what did? What did you?
Speaker 4: What followed after Melrose went to Wednesday party at five?
Speaker 3: Ye, take me some Scott Wolfe, that's fine.
Speaker 2: And then Ali McBeal right, no that was Monday, Sorry, Ally mcbill.
Speaker 1: So Tony agrees to move with him if he agrees to really let go of this feud with her father. So he throws the gun into the harbor. And that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: What a time to be on Fox.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but Ally mcbeil, Melrose Place nine O two one oh, Party of five?
Speaker 3: Hellolor?
Speaker 2: And which one in Living Color?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah? When was North Shore? That wasn't as good?
Speaker 1: I mean I think this was a good one. Do you guys give it a ten?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 5: Ten?
Speaker 3: Ten verse ten? Season six is a ten.
Speaker 1: Anytime there's costumes, I'm in for a ten. And great face acting, great face acting by all.
Speaker 4: By, and beautiful set design of pumpkins. I would have loved that Halloween set up on my front porch.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call Raye Pruitt and have him come come on over.
Speaker 3: Where is Jamie Tory? Can you please call him? By the way, I just stopped him last week. He'd probably bring you some pumpkins. He used to, come on Tory, he needs to come on. Good stuff, guys, great episode, Thanks, great performances. Hello Joe Bradley, Welcome to nine O two one zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome, ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of crushes read this episode. What's next?
Speaker 3: What's next? That is a very good question. She is not a real thing. The next. Earthquake weather not a real thing. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Earthquake weather is not a real thing. I say it all the time.
Speaker 3: It's not a thing. What's not real? Do you have the World Wide Web? Google it? There's no such thing as earthquake weather.
Speaker 1: I have my instincts, and I live in southern California, so I think it's a real thing when it's still, it's warm and it's still, like the air doesn't move at all. Then you go outside and you're like, ooh, earthquake weather.
Speaker 2: But amy's onto something. We were conditioned to think that, like, it's not like.
Speaker 3: It's ever happened.
Speaker 2: In the middle of it being warm and it goes cool to hot and then we're like, oh, we just know to be like, oh, that's earthquake weather. Has it ever acts not actually a scientific thing?
Speaker 3: Who started that?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or because apparently Berely Hills down a two and oh with a season season six, episode nine, earthquake weather. Watch it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be shaken.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Get it, get it Yeah,