Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cebo index options like SPX and XSP can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 2: Could be too.
Speaker 1: There are risks associated with CBO company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at CBO dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode seventy one. We had given you a false count last week, but this is official. Our guy Victor Krunt the Numbers, episode seventy one of What's Right with Nick Right, the YouTube show and podcast. By the way, we always say like rate, review, subscribe, I kind of just do it. It's personally mentioned. I was thinking about something. If you're we're listening right now this moment, write a brief review. I want to see how many reviews we can get, particularly on the iTunes podcast app.
Speaker 2: Because it's easy.
Speaker 3: It's easy to review to rate. But if you don't leave a lot of reviews, I would love to see a few reviews. I'm not to give you guys homework, especially after if you listen to the gambling show that cost you guys money. We'll discuss that we're going to be better. We still like the process. But before we get to week two in the NFL, here's what we are not doing on today's show. Not on today's show. Aaron Judge hitting home runs fifty eight and fifty nine. We typically won't be talking baseball until the postseason. Judge chase for the American League home run record and the absurd belief that sixty two is the real record, as if Barry Bonds didn't hit seventy three. We will get into that at some point. The Patriots survive in Pittsburgh. Now, maybe listen our five picks this week. You know what might not have cost you money now that I think about it. We're going into Monday Night football. We could have a winning week, we go three and two, but our lock loss. We'll talk about that. But one thing, we told you to stay away from the Steelers. Why'd we tell you stay away from the Steelers? Cuz our Square producers loved them. Oh my god, they were like, ah, can you believe the Patriots favored and I said, ooh when those folks so you know what in order for us. Our only real mistake gambling this weekend was well, there were two mistakes. We'll get to them, but one of them was the moment Matt and Vic and all of our producers in the chat were like, we love Pittsburgh. We should have thrown the Patriots in our picks. Sorry, guys, listen, I apologize, fellows. Oh, look at Gabe, Gabe Lake day today for Gabe. How about that in the office, Nice and Tan. It is one of the reasons to look to watch the YouTube show. I Gabe's usually producing the show from you know, a faraway locale, sometimes as far as London. All right, last thing that missed Sunday ticket, get your together Sunday ticket.
Speaker 2: I didn't know Sunday ticket was down. I thought yesterday your WiFi was craped.
Speaker 3: I raised my voice at Deanna because I thought she was streaming too many things. Then I have an alternate backup internet line for when the TV show was in the house.
Speaker 2: I plugged that in hardwired. None of it was working.
Speaker 3: I tried the playsdate, I tried everything, and I'm like hold on a second, and I checked Sunday ticket down for the country two weeks in a row.
Speaker 2: We need you to work for.
Speaker 3: Eighteen days a year, three hundred and forty seven days a year. Sunday ticket technicians take the day off eighteen days a year.
Speaker 2: We need you to work. You're O for two so far.
Speaker 3: Okay, so all that did not make the show, but kind of made the show. I'm fired up today, demons. Let's get started. Unfortunately, I think we're starting on a little sour note, but.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Ray Lance.
Speaker 5: Your boy got injured really early in the first quarter with a leg injury.
Speaker 4: Cart it off. Adam Schefter says he's likely done for the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the time people hear see this, he will have probably just gotten out of surgery for the broken egg.
Speaker 5: Brutal and Jimmy G came in and messed with the offense pretty well immediately. Holding on to Jimmy G's gotta seem like a genius move at this point. As a forty nine Ers Super Bowl ticket holder, do you feel better about about your chances now?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I don't feel better about my chances.
Speaker 3: So let's first, Yes, holding on to Jimmy Garoppolo at six million dollars a year was of course the right move, and everyone tried to make it about, oh, Trey Lance is gonna stink, Oh, they don't believe in Trey Lance. When it was the Niners, Kyle Shannan's been there for five years. Three of those five years they've suffered a significant quarterback injury. If you can have a more than capable backup quarterback who knows the system, who knows the players, all of that for six million bucks, of course you do it. It would have been dumb for them to move on from him at that price point when no one in the league wanted to trade for him. That was not about Trey Lance's ability or inability. Now, as someone who bet it to be a Chiefs Niners Super Bowl at fifty to one, do I feel better about my chances? Of course not because the entire now One could argue maybe I should feel a little better about my chances independent of what's going on with the Niners, just because of what's going on with the rest of the NFC. The Rams weren't overly impressive, trying to blow out Seeming a twenty eight to three lead against the Falcons, the Bucks offense can't get off the ground. The Packers, I thought we'll get into all of that later. The Packers last night were not overwhelming, So in that regard, the Niners feel like a better bet.
Speaker 2: Just because of the competition.
Speaker 3: But no, I don't feel the reason I liked the Niners was because I believed and I know it to be true that Jimmy Garoppolo's play come the postseason is a detriment rather than an aid to them. In his career, in the playoffs, in the fourth quarter, he has zero touchdowns, two or three interceptions, and a passer rating of twenty eight point zero. For context, demons, if you spike the football like to kill the clock, your passer rating is thirty nine point six. His passer rating is twenty eight point zero in the fourth quarter of playoff games. Okay, So my belief was by the end of the year they would have a better quarterback situation headed into the postseason than they've had at any point in the Jimmy G era. Now, people always say the argument for Jimmy G is, oh, how can you say they can't win a Super Bowl with him? When they had a fourth quarter lead in the Super Bowl within once that is not the same Niners team. That Niners team had a better running game, had DeForest Buckner on defense, had Robert Solid coordinating the defense. This Niners team defensively is not as dominant as the one that lost to the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Also, it is noteworthy that.
Speaker 3: Niners team made the NFC Championship Game by winning a playoff game where Jimmy Garoppolo completed eleven passes and then winning a playoff game when Jimmy Garoppolo.
Speaker 2: Attempted eight total passes.
Speaker 3: In the run up to that Super Bowl, Jimmy g had a total of less than two hundred yards passing. And then last year in the NFC Championship game run up the game before the NF he was bad. In the NFC Championship game. He threw the game away for him, you could argue. And in the game prior to the NFC Championship game against the Packers, the offense scored zero touchdowns.
Speaker 2: They won the game because of a block punt touchdown.
Speaker 3: So no, I don't feel more confident about it. Do I think the Niners are screwed? No, I don't think they're screwed because they've proven with that coaching staff, that running game, those weapons in that defense. They're a dangerous team in what is right now. He watered down NFC. But what is devastating for them is one of the reasons you want to draft a quarterback, and they spend three first round picks on Trey Lance is the beginning of his career. You have the greatest market inefficiency of sports. Great quarterbacks cost you against the cap forty to fifty million. A rookie quarterback or a rookie contract quarterback costs you less than ten million. So you have all this extra thirty five million dollars to spend on other players that other teams such as the Chiefs right now, don't have.
Speaker 2: So they move on from Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 3: The backers don't have, so they move on from Devonte Adams right well, year one trade did and play year two trays now in year three is gonna be his first real experience. So by even if he ends up being awesome in year three, that's when you got to sign him in a new contract. They're never gonna get the real benefit of that ready to win a Super Bowl guy on a rookie contract like the Ravens had with Lamar, even though they didn't win the Super Bowl. The Chiefs had with Mahomes, they did win a Super Bowl. The Bengals had with Burrow, they did win a super Bowl a decade ago. The Pack or the Seahawks had with Russ they did win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: The you know, the the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Had with Carson Wentz, they did win a super Bowl. It's a huge thing. It seems like you wanted to chime in.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, I just feel like him getting injured. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. I think he's got more time to develop. He's super young.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty devastating for him because.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's a bummer, but he wants to get injured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's now gonna be his last year at college. Played a game, just one because of COVID, rookie year, barely played. Year three now barely plays your two in the NFL. But so next year, it's gonna be a long time without playing regular snaps.
Speaker 4: All right, what's next? Yea, Russell Wilson may need to rehearse his clock management. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Broncos won, but the Denver fans were booing and counting down the game.
Speaker 4: Cluck.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, the Raiders lost in your Chiefs one on Thursday? Is this is this division? Finally the Chiefs? Is it safe to say that they've taken finally? I wouldn't use the word finally. They've won it six years in a row. But once again, is it the Chiefs Division?
Speaker 2: AFC West? Oh boy, anybody can win it?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, the you know, watch out for the Broncos.
Speaker 2: More on them in a moment. Oh the Raiders with DeVonta Adams DeVonta Amas at two catches yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Raiders gagged away a game in epic historic fashion Arizona plus five and a half.
Speaker 2: What a miracle that was.
Speaker 3: And the Chargers are dangerous, don't get me wrong, but the charge is already lost to the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Any game.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs didn't even play that well.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, I've got a don't don't put this on social but uh, I got a little note from someone that happened to play for the Chiefs. He might play a prominent position, he might. You know, man, Chargers got to be sick. We didn't even play good on offense and we won. Can't wait to keep this thing going. And I don't tell the audience who who that player is, but that's player from the hell. So yeah, so listen, the Chargers are dangerous, but listen, the hardest division ever and the Chiefs are in first place by themselves by week two.
Speaker 2: Wow, now to the Broncos.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: I have been a Russell Wilson skeptic going into this year. Your mom says I'm a hater. You think I'm too hard on him? As it you, guys, I have heard from a lot of people, nick, you are wrong about Russell Wilson. I am here to tell those people they were correct.
Speaker 2: I was way too high on him.
Speaker 3: That guy that he is cooked right now. He can't be this bad. He was six of twenty to start yesterday's game. He can't be this bad. He refuses to run the ball. He has now had thrown eighteen passes in the red zone in two weeks, zero touchdowns. They were trailing to the Texans in Denver in a must win game. He's been horrible, really awful. Yesterday he was just as bad as Davis Mills, and the Texans wanted bench Davis Mills for like Jeff Driskol or something or not.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I don't know who their backup quarterback is, but I know the fans I think about Ben drinking. With that said, he is not the biggest problem with the Bronco right now. Nathaniel Hackett, Oh yeah, might have been worse than week two than week one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: He screwed up a fourth and goal, the clock everything, the fans were counting down the play clock. Yeah, I've never seen it having an NFL stadium and demons. This sequence happened in the second half of an NFL game.
Speaker 2: Down three, the Broncos have the ball at.
Speaker 3: The thirty six yard line, thirty five yard line. It's fourth and inches, the third in inches. Pardon me, down three. Javonte Williams is killing it. Melvin Gordon's good. It's third and inches. They call a jet sweep option to their tight end. Well, I read this morning. It was his second rushing attempt since high school. It loses a yard, so that was already questionable. So now it's fourth and one and a half.
Speaker 2: From the thirty six. They leave us on the field.
Speaker 3: They're down three, leave us on the field, then the last second pull them off, put the field go unit on the field.
Speaker 2: Tick tick tick tick tick. They have timeouts.
Speaker 3: Now, you don't want to blow second half timeouts, but this would not be blowing it.
Speaker 2: This would be you gotta use it.
Speaker 3: McManus, who keep in mind they trusted to make a sixty four yard of the week before in Seattle. This is a fifty four yarder. Nails it, clocks expired to lay a game heat up in the Hackett doesn't get the time out in now he pulls him off the field and says, punt it because in Denver down three doesn't trust him to make a fifty nine yarder. When I was told last week in Seattle he could make a sixty four yarder. I've never seen a coach this quickly make it so clear that he does not know what he's doing in these situations, and he looks scared. Yeah, Russ is not helping. By the way, Russ, you're the takeover. They are been here, they are ruined Niners, Broncos. Next week Sunday Night Football, thought were gonna get Trey Lance. Russ said, we get Jimmy G.
Speaker 2: Russ all right.
Speaker 5: Next uh Lamar had four touchdowns and look like he deserved that contract.
Speaker 4: Extension or contract renewal extension.
Speaker 2: Yes, right.
Speaker 5: Baltimore was up twenty one in the fourth. Then Tula had one of the greatest fourth quarters ever. He ended the game with six touchdowns and Tyreek went for almost two hundred yards.
Speaker 2: And Wada went for like one seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how bad of a loss was this for you? And is it time to admit that we were all right?
Speaker 4: All about Tua?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's start with the We'll get to two in a moment, all right. So this was the first football game you ever bet? Yeah, and this was not the first football game I ever bet, but I bet a substantial amount of money on Ravens minus.
Speaker 2: Three and a half.
Speaker 3: Right, and the Ravens returned the opening kick for a touchdown.
Speaker 2: It's looking great and picked off Tua.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: They then got stuffed on They up seven to nothing. They had a third in goal from the one Lamar scored. They then reviewed it and overturned it. And then on fourth and goal it was a fumbled snap and they don't get a touchdown. I'm like, ooh, that usually goes against you, right, But two hours later it was thirty five to fourteen. The Ravens are cooking, and then it was thirty five to twenty one, and you were sitting there with me, and.
Speaker 2: What did I say to you. I don't know if you remember. I said, we're not in the clear yet. You said, we don't want them, we don't want a field goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you were like, why do we not want? I said, for the Ravens, we either want a touchdown or no points here. What we don't want is a field goal because we're lay in three and a half. They go up seventeen. There's a world where then Miami gets the ball, scores a touchdown. Now it's ten. Ravens, then kill some clock, give it back to Miami with a little with tiny bit of time left, and then Miami gets a garbage touchdown with the Ravens just in prevent they win by three. It's not even that close.
Speaker 2: You weren't even.
Speaker 3: Entertaining as a possibility. You were counting the money. It was very and I wasn't entertaining as possibility the Ravens could lose the game.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It was a total meltdown by Baltimore defensively. Lamar got stuffed on another fourth and short in midway through the fourth Witch hurt. Baltimore's corners were banged up, they had a couple coverage busts. It's a devastating loss for them. They have a chance to really early take control of that division because Cincinnati's a mess. Cleveland gave a game away in even more laughable fashion. Pittsburgh's no good. They could be two to zero with everyone else in the division at one and one are worse right. Instead, they blow it. They don't only let Miami, you know, come back to tie. They then go down justin Tucker kicks the field goal and you and I are thinking maybe our bets alive. Miami goes down, gets a field goal, and the overtime Baltimore goes and scores.
Speaker 2: We win.
Speaker 3: But after the Tucker field goal, they didn't let Miami drive the length of the field score another touchdown. So it's a devastating loss for Baltimore. They got to clean that up. Lamar was exceptional. For you to lose a game when Lamar's that good, is horrified right now to Miami. I am absolutely, unequivocally not going to buy into Tua because of the fourth quarter. Listen, he made a cut, he made and I'm not listening I'm not doubling down. I'm just maintaining my position. He made a couple of nice plays and I'm happy for him on it. One very nice play at the goal line, and I obviously loved their weapons, and I really I think Mike McDaniel's a smart coach. He was targeting one particular rookie corner, which is why River Craikraft kept getting targeted in the red zone.
Speaker 4: I want to see that he's still not used to throwing these really faster.
Speaker 3: On one of the the two Giant plays in the fourth quarter, one to Tyreek Kill was underthrown and if the safety's there, it's pick. And the other one was just a total coverage bust. The guys were Tyreek's running wide open. This is what I would caution people on. Throwing four fourth quarter touchdowns is incredibly rare. The last person to do it, however, was Sage Rosenhels fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: I say that to say this.
Speaker 3: This one performance, it's weird. People always caution and that's our time.
Speaker 2: But we got one more topic.
Speaker 3: People are always caution not to overreact negatively about teams.
Speaker 4: Like Nathaniel Hackett over here with the clock, but good. Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 3: They always caution not to negatively overreact on teams, but then they just dive face first into positively overreacting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I have to listen to so much bullsh today about how the Giants are back when they're not. The Giants are two and oh thanks to a fifty eight and fifty five yard field goals against against mediocre teams. I'm not the the idea that I'm gonna have to believe in.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: The Giants are back thanks to a fifty five yard field goal and a missed field goal. I should say I don't even know what their length was that was made week one, but it was a miss field goal by fat Randy Randy Bullock in week one. And I'm gonna have to listen to the idea that uh, you know, the Tyreek was. I'm about to again the contract extension. Let's all pump the brake. Am I opened to the slight possibility that now two years removed from the hip injury to it is the guy that I thought he was coming out Alabama when I said he.
Speaker 2: Should go number one. That door is this much a jar? Am?
Speaker 3: I ready, however, to do what the question says, which is admit I was wrong.
Speaker 5: No, you know he threw for eighteen percent of his touchdowns of his career in that game yesterday.
Speaker 2: Really eighteen that's wild, crazy stat. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I Also, here's the other thing. He was accepted on the fourth quarter. He was pretty bad before that. He had two first half interceptions. Yeah, he wasn't looking and they were looking like they were gonna get blown out.
Speaker 2: So I listen.
Speaker 4: I want to work on and just fumbled there.
Speaker 3: The two fans can crush me. If he ends up being awesome, I'm gonna remain a skeptic.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, next your first, folks, since the Super Bowl hangover is looking worse than a hangover of mine coming from pianos.
Speaker 4: Even though I don't get yeah, i'd never get it.
Speaker 2: Are they in the back of an ambulance?
Speaker 4: Actually wasn't drunk that night, but the Bengals are.
Speaker 2: That's a lie.
Speaker 4: I wasn't. That's the Bengals are owing to After facing.
Speaker 3: The guards, well, you ended up in an ambulance.
Speaker 4: He didn't know.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are.
Speaker 5: Oh and too, after facing the gauntlet of Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush was last year officially a fluke. That's that game was insane.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was our second bet. That was the second bet.
Speaker 3: Demon's eight in one week into NFL gambling got the full range of emotions of the worst possible types of gambling. You didn't get the range of of motions gambling. But he got the oh, this bet is in, I'm already spending the money was easy gambling.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't I do this every weekend?
Speaker 4: Yeah? To what the just happened from the very in the span of.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that that's just the Ravens game in the span of thirty minutes. That that's one type of terrible gambling loss. The other one is a game where it's like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Can't win.
Speaker 3: We're nine minutes into the game and I can't win. The moment the Cowboys converted that fourth and two on the opening.
Speaker 2: Drive, I'm like, oh boy, that's seven and a half. Sure seems hard to get to And it was. It was that bet was dead from the moment.
Speaker 3: Where he felt like he had a chance, never a time and if it was and it also though, teach Demon's a the value of half points because if it was just Bengals minus seven, there would have been a time when they tied it.
Speaker 2: Up in the second half, you're like, maybe I can push out of this.
Speaker 3: But when it's seven and a half, it's like, even if they come all the way back and take the lead.
Speaker 2: I can't win.
Speaker 5: You gotta get the ball again, right, I gotta go for two, not even thinking of me betting right, They're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna go for two for us?
Speaker 3: Like no, all right, So Cincinnati was not good enough to make the Super Bowl last year, but they did, so how did it happen? First playoff game they play, Derek Carr's multiple chances in the red zone final drive of the game and.
Speaker 2: Doesn't come through. Okay, Second playoff game they play, they have.
Speaker 3: No business beating Tennessee Joe Burrows sex seven times, but Ryan Tannehill was a double agent that game working get some. Third playoff game they play, they were getting their teeth kicked in by the Chiefs. The Chiefs are annihilating them, up twenty one to three the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Then Mahomes has.
Speaker 3: A brain fart right before the half and then plays the worst half of his career. And I give the Bengals massive credit. They took advantage of it. Even still there, everything went as pot as wrong as it possibly go for the Chiefs in that second half, still went to overtime, and at the very end of regulation homes at Kelsey opened for the game winning touchdowns, just.
Speaker 2: Didn't throw it.
Speaker 3: So they they were not a juggernaut last year. So last year they were not quite as good as it ended up being. This year they have no business being this bad. And I'm going to put the vast majority of it on Zach Taylor because to not have a game plan that recognizes Micah Parsons needs to be double teams throughout is indefensible. Just a run seven man protection and two man route and two man routes. There was a play where Michael Parsons forget being double team, wasn't single team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is well, let him go. Might be the best defensive player in the whole league. Let him go. I am not.
Speaker 3: But so most of it's on Zach Taylor. A little bit of this is on Burrow. Burrow's in charge of calling out the protections and.
Speaker 2: Burrow holds onto the ball to him.
Speaker 3: He just does, so some of these sacks are on him. I think the Bengals are going to be alive for the postseason come the end of the year. I don't think they're screwed, but I think they are around the same team they were last year, a slightly above five hundred team that with the right breaks win ten or eleven games, with the bad breaks wins eight or nine games. I think that they thought they addressed their offensive line. They clearly didn't, and the defensively stepped up in the second half until.
Speaker 2: The very end.
Speaker 3: It was that was gonna be an embarrassing performance even if they escaped with a win. But for them to let Cooper Rush drive the Cowboys and field goal range at the end of that game was unforgivable, not just because I forget my Bengals when seven and a half was dead by the Bengals just to win the game. In a nice little teaser I put in Sunday morning, and it didn't go great.
Speaker 2: It was total total failure.
Speaker 3: With that said, the biggest failure of the day I think happened in Vegas.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that next. What's Right.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion. And Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking me a sitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tanya, and Bobby Kanavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: What's wild is I've gotten in a fight more recently than Demonse.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not true.
Speaker 3: It was one week before, really, yeah, because I told you the story and then I blamed myself.
Speaker 2: Remember, oh yeah, I told one week prior.
Speaker 3: To Demanse's thing, I had to defend my wife's honor like a.
Speaker 4: Night, like a night.
Speaker 3: And I was so proud of myself and the result and everything that I then told Demonse about it.
Speaker 2: And a week later he got in his freaks and I was like, I'm the worst data.
Speaker 3: It was like I just know, like I put somewhere in his subconscious this was a good idea.
Speaker 2: I blamed myself.
Speaker 4: So much, it was a It was a bad week for.
Speaker 3: Me, right, because five days after this he got super COVID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got COVID. I had no idea what was going on with me?
Speaker 2: Man, That was the worst.
Speaker 4: Just came off of herding a surgery.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. It was a bad month. Simber twenty one was bad monthly and it's all turned around since then.
Speaker 4: It has. It's been all uphill from there.
Speaker 2: Downhill is what you say, oddly enough, No, what is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's uphill. Neither really makes sense. No, downhill harder but downhill.
Speaker 4: But uphill means when I think when you think of like uphill and downhill. Yeah, like my life downhill. Yeah, you're right, whatever, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you you know what.
Speaker 3: You're correct, but neither should be Neither sounds good.
Speaker 4: Took a catch twenty two?
Speaker 5: Good try though, right, because like but when you say like things are on an incline, I feel like you know that, like there they're going good.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, you are correct on that. You nailed it. I corrected you and I was wrong, But it sounds all right. You ready for the second segment. Let's do it all right?
Speaker 3: Welcome back In episode seventy one, What's Right Nick Right Podcast YouTube show? Thank you for watching, Thank you for checking us out. Demonse, what are we starting.
Speaker 4: With the Cardinals? Baby?
Speaker 5: The Cardinals had a crazy comeback. They were down twenty three seven to start the fourth quarter. In one in overtime, Carl Kyl Kyler Murray was basically perfect through the end. The Cardinals saved your pockets from a very hefty ad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would have been a disastrous.
Speaker 5: And on top of that, you've dogged on them a lot. You've got to finally give Kyler Murray his credit. Right, No sensational game or sensational close out.
Speaker 3: No, okay, So I've dogged on the Cardinals, most notably because of their coach. The coach continues to be a dufence. I stand by that take. This was a game neither team deserved to win, and it could have ended in a tie. Underrated part of that game is on the scoop and score in overtime.
Speaker 2: The guy who got it for the Cardinals, I forget his name. Oh he dropped the ball like he threw it out of bounds.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, like a quarter second after crossing the goal line. You know if he if, if he would have done that early. That's Raiders ball. At the twenty, it's a touchback that no, no, no, not because it's fourth down. If you fumble out the back of your own end zone, it's the other team gets the ball. And so if you fumble out of bounds, you keep the ball. If you fumble out of the end zone, the other team gets it at the twenty. Incredibly punitive rule. And that would have been justice because neither team.
Speaker 2: Deserved to win this game.
Speaker 3: So here's what here's what I've come down to on Kyler, because I don't think he played that well the majority of that game. With that said, one of the two point conversions he scrambled for twenty one seconds. I've never seen like it on football.
Speaker 4: Twenty five yard line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ran eighty five yards total on the play, left to right and forward to back, Kyler doing Maybe this is Kyler's whole reasoning for not wanting to watch film. It's like, I'm best when I'm doing backyard drawed up in the dirt high school football stuff. He is arguably the greatest high school football player in the history of Texas. Like, that's what a lot of people were saying about him before he even got to the NFL. He then sat on the bench in college for a long time, finally got a year to do his own thing, won the Heisman. I mean, he clearly is a sensational athlete. I don't love his disposition. I don't love his leadership, I don't love his height. A lot of things about him I don't love. But I didn't think the Cardinals were some horrific team, so I picked them plus the five and a half. Yesterday, I was like, I wouldn't be shocked if they won either way. I think it's going to be a one score game.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Through the first six quarters of this season, they looked like the worst team in the league. Chiefs kicked the shit out of them and then around twenty to nothing on the Raiders. Right, But part of that comeback also was the Raiders totally Raiders in it. And if I'm a Raiders fan, thank god I'm not. I You're now feel like your seasons hanging by a thread already, and that's a game you have no business a.
Speaker 5: Lot of Yeah, a lot of bad things went a lot of things went wrong for them.
Speaker 4: No, I agree, How do you think is going to turn around and.
Speaker 2: Do that it's probably not necessary.
Speaker 4: I meant, like freaking, I got you.
Speaker 3: That's fine, none of that. We're allowed to curse on the podcast. We would just like it to do for impact. Yeah, it gives the producers more work.
Speaker 2: They got to bleep at the whole.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with all that, and I'm not even sure A J. Brown AJ Green pardon me, caught the final two point conversion down sixteen two touchdowns to two point conversions and the Raiders gotta stop.
Speaker 5: I have this theory. I'm sorry, look, I'm not gonna. I don't even cut you off, but I have this theory that AJ Green was praying that they were like, please don't see that.
Speaker 4: The ball hit the ground.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought up and he prayed for a minute. Oh really.
Speaker 5: I mean he did like to thank God thing, but it was more of a like thank God type of thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, very close to call.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 3: But even in overtime, the Cardinals at a fourth and one and throw a bomb.
Speaker 2: Now, it was a great pass, but Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 3: Got it dislodged from him, because that's what Hollywood Brown does a lot like.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Kyler is a fun, exciting player. With obvious limitations. Cliff is a dupest. They also won the final two point conversion, took a delay a game, so instead of being from the two, is from the seven. And there's some speculation they did that on purpose, that they wanted more room. That's bananas. You can't possibly rather do it from the seventh th the two. But whatever, Listen, I'm from the from a pure Chiefs perspective, your say went really well, Lock in your jobs.
Speaker 2: Raiders lost, Broncos look terrible.
Speaker 3: The Ravens, who I'm concerned about record wise, threw a game away, right. The Bengals look cooked. The Cults, who I thought could have a gaudy record. I think, are we getting to them at some point?
Speaker 4: H yes, a little bit, are we?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Yeah, it's I don't think we're getting to the jack. Okay, so we are getting to the cult at some point. The cults look like they're a mess. Uh So, from a pure Chiefs perspective, we'll see how Monday Night football goes.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think that's what we're talking about next.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yes, there are two Monday night football games tonight. How do we feel about that? By the way, I.
Speaker 2: Listen. I love the NFL. I love the NFL. Where we're bordering on too much football, okay, I just just we're coming close to it.
Speaker 3: Like for those of us that are married, our wives most of them or married and are if you're a woman listening and your husband is not a big football fan, or significant others if they're not.
Speaker 2: Big sports fans. If you're listening to this, I know you are.
Speaker 3: Have come to terms the fact that Sunday is football all day, most of them right.
Speaker 2: And a long time, Monday night football has been such a staple. It's like and Monday most Mondays.
Speaker 3: About fifteen years ago, it's like, by the way, honey, also Thursday nights. But then in the beginning the Thursday night games for but now it's like Chiefs Chargers on a Thursday night, not Thursday night. And now we're it's one thing to do Monday night games. If you were going to do two at the same time, one starts at like seven, one starts at eight thirty. So now it's an even extended window. So things like this happen tonight. My kids school, Oh yeah, has a parent hottail party. You know who's going with my wife demands this guy. Yeah, now, do you know why you're going?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why because you can't go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, of course, But do you can I tell you something this? Oh yeah, I don't want you to guess. I just want to say, don't. I don't know what you're gonna guess. I'd rather just say. There's also I think Danielle my oh boy. I want to make sure she don't get out of me. Okay, I'm going to say this thing. No, no, no, I got you, I got this. I you know what.
Speaker 3: We're already walking down this path. You got to finish the trip. So our daughter goes to an amazing school that I adore, and the all of.
Speaker 2: The teachers and administrators there have been nothing but exceptional. I could not speak highly.
Speaker 3: Enough about this school and the people that go there, and the vast majority of parents there have been amazing. I think there's a few parents that maybe look down their noses on our crew a little bit, and your mom tends to feel that at times.
Speaker 2: And your mom.
Speaker 3: Also happens to be a not to make you feel awkward, but a stunning woman who does not look to most people like she.
Speaker 2: Has a kid. Diora's age.
Speaker 3: People are surprised when they find out that she has a seventeen year old and your.
Speaker 2: Mom likes the idea of bringing her twenty four year old son, like, oh, who's this with you? That's my son?
Speaker 4: Oh really, I.
Speaker 3: Think that is I think there is a small piece of that because the question was was she gonna go with my mom or with you?
Speaker 2: Now? To be totally fair, I encouraged the U part of it.
Speaker 3: I was like, nah, my mom is gonna all of a sudden, my mom is gonna be setting up like oh yeah, this lady wants.
Speaker 6: To go to lah Nana.
Speaker 2: Would not It's not who we need there. I was like, that is gonna be no good.
Speaker 3: She I was like, bring Demanse. It's like, bring Demanse. But the point is to get back on topic. I'm okay with it as a one off, but I know the NFL. The NFL, it's gonna have massive ratings and now it's gonna be it's gonna happen all the time in a few years, and eventually, you know, significant other's gonna draw a line in the sand. It's gonna be like four nights a week, and that they that there's NFL games.
Speaker 2: It makes me nervous. All right, let's get to the actual games.
Speaker 3: My god, I really have been Nathaniel Hackett on the clock today. We might need to buy the way for the fifth separate time, retool the clock for Mondays and football season, just so I have at least even a small chance to get it.
Speaker 4: It's changed up.
Speaker 5: So uh, the Bills and Josh Allen are laying ten against the Titans. Kirk Cousins is two and nine on Monday Night football, But lots of people like the Vikings versus the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Are you sticking with your Vikings?
Speaker 2: Pick?
Speaker 4: And what about Tennessee Buffalo?
Speaker 2: All right, so sorry the text.
Speaker 4: My driver's here early, so I just had to.
Speaker 2: Just neither here there all right?
Speaker 4: Question? Well, none of no.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm making them white because I'm so bad at Clockmanson, but I had to text him. Okay, I'm sticking with the Vikings. I don't care about Kirk Cousins, Bondy and any football record. I think the Vikings are going to be able to move the ball at will on Philly.
Speaker 2: That's what I believe. And I now.
Speaker 4: It's like Philly might be able to move.
Speaker 3: The ball in Minnesota and Minnesotas defense looked really good in Week one against Green Bay. Now what I will say is I'm not quite as confident as I was Monday, or as I was Sunday, whatever day it was. Then I made the pick Friday, Monday, Sunday one of the days.
Speaker 2: Here's why.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons I thought Minnesota was going to be able to move the ball at will against Philly's defense was because Philly's defense.
Speaker 2: Let Detroit move the ball.
Speaker 3: It will, my dad, Detroit's offense I could be any good. Detroit just scored thirty five again. Yeah, so it makes me a little all more skeptical. But I still like Minnesota. I think they're the better team. Now Tennessee Buffalo. It would be shocking if Tennessee wins the game. But I didn't bet on this game, and I'm not going to pick the Titans. But I didn't bet on this game.
Speaker 2: Purely because.
Speaker 3: A Bill's loss really would make this the perfect Chiefs four.
Speaker 4: Days and I got the Bills winning by seventeen to night.
Speaker 2: By the way, like, well, you know they're only ten point favorites.
Speaker 4: I know, I just got a really strong feeling about this one.
Speaker 3: So you're trying to get a little bit of your money back from the weekend, or just a feeling.
Speaker 4: I've got a feeling. I'm just imagining that I bet on this game.
Speaker 3: Oh now, Demande's gonna find the third We talked about the different forms of gambling pain.
Speaker 2: Demandes's dealt with.
Speaker 3: The first one is which is this bet is one, I'm spending the money and then you get stomach punch. The second form, which is the is dead before the first quarter is over. He's gonna experience the third one tonight, which is be totally correct on a pick, say I'm I should have bet it, not bet it, and then watch the entire game angrily.
Speaker 2: She's like, God talking.
Speaker 4: I'll be at the cocktail party.
Speaker 3: You will be at the cocktail party, and you'll be here to be like, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable to mom.
Speaker 3: Day's gonna be standing in the corner of this boujie New York City school cocktail party cursing to Himself's gonna be like, what's wrong to be like? The Bill's just scored again. She's gonna be by the way, you know, Nana, my mom listens to this podcast. Your mom I don't think does anymore. If your mom finds out you started gambling, boy, m boy.
Speaker 2: Not great for me. We'll deal with that.
Speaker 3: We'll see you know what. We'll update you guys on Thursday with if if. We'll find out if Neil listens or not, and nobody snitch tag her. By the way, this has happened to me once before. Someone that listens tweets or instagram's at my wife.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, you's just look, yeah, who are you? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: If you're a friend of hers and you think she deserves to know, text her. But if you're just somebody that's listening and you're snitchtagging my wife and stuff, you're bad person.
Speaker 4: We gotta talk about Aaron Rodgers now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know we're way late, all right, Right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, new game or not new game, but time for the game to go old new game.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers looked better against the Bears, and Tom Brady finally beat the Saints. The Bugs host the Packers this week. Right or wrong, the winner of this game is the favorite to win the NFC.
Speaker 2: I mean they will be the gambling favorite.
Speaker 3: Okay, they won't be my favorite. Green Bay I thought still looked a little shaky Sunday night there. I mean, they looked good in the first half. In the second half, they slowed down a bit. They got kind of lucky on a goal line call. Not that they would have lost the game, but they wouldn't have covered the ten. Thank you for covering the ten Tampa.
Speaker 2: You know, the great ESPN host.
Speaker 3: And HBO host Bamani Jones watching football with us yesterday and he made the point that Tampa's path this year is going to be similar to the Broncos path the last year with Peyton, and not that Brady's going to Peyton was I think nine touchdowns, seventeen picks that year and they won the Super Bowl. Peyton was bad. Brady is not bad by any stretch of the imagination. But the question with Tampa's going to be how far can the defense carry him. That defense right now looks like it might be the best in football. They embarrassed Jamis, they annihilated Dallas. Now those aren't.
Speaker 2: Two overwhelming offenses they're facing.
Speaker 3: But I am a little you know, if you remember I said I thought Tampa was going to start the year one and three.
Speaker 2: Well they're two and up. Now.
Speaker 3: I do think they're going to lose the next two against Screen Bay and the Chiefs, but that defense could carry them further than I was prepared for. And if Brady, you know, Brady's doing a lot of stuff right now, say it again.
Speaker 4: Nothing I said use as elitism.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well yeah, I mean Brady's scary in the playoffs. He's dealing with a lot. Man. This is what I want to say about what Tom's dealing with. I don't know what Tom's marital status is. I do know it's being reported that he and his wife aren't living.
Speaker 2: In the same place that they're on the rocks.
Speaker 3: Whether that is true or not, that is a devastating thing to have to deal with. If it's true, it's the most devastating thing you can deal with other than something involving the.
Speaker 2: Health of a dear family member.
Speaker 3: Even if it's not true, Having the whole world speculate on the health of your marriage is it would be very, very hard to lock in the way Brady locks in throughout the week. So either way, I think Brady's dealing with a lot. If by the end of the sea that is quieted down, they get healthy, or Tampa could be dangerous. But no, I don't. I'm not ready to say the winner of this game's favorite to win the NFC because I've been overly impressed by the Packers and I have not been impressed all by the Bucks offense.
Speaker 5: All right, next, Brady's dealing with a lot of the thing he's got. Mike Evans too, Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Mike Evans did have his back, and Mike Evans even.
Speaker 3: Said to the ref Tom Brady, it's Tom Brady, what do you want me to do? I actually like that.
Speaker 4: I hated it. Why did Tom Brady's a grown ass, he's a grown man. You don't. You don't the guy on defense Lattimore, I don't know his versus at Mark Marcus. Marcus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude was excited like he's talking to his crap, Like, get off the field. Tom Brady gets his little panties in a bunch, starts talking crap, and then out of nowhere his teammates wytn't you just let talk. It's not like he's gonna get shanked. Nothing's gonna it's Tom Brady. We are not in the streets.
Speaker 2: Nothing's so two things. One is a little context Mike Evans and Marcus lam.
Speaker 4: Wait, yes, they have history. They have history for a reason to get on.
Speaker 3: I keep saying, Marcus, it's Marshawn Lattimore. Uh did I say Marcus? I might have, but it's marsh Okay, it's Marshawn Lattimore.
Speaker 2: My apologies. Uh, but set that aside.
Speaker 3: Yes he's a grown man, but he's a quarterback of the team. Is Mike Evans said the absolute right thing there. This is Mike Evans' job. Like I'm a grown man. If we walk out of this store and somebody runs up on me and I bark back at them and it looks like they want to fight me, I damn sure expect you to jump in and hit them.
Speaker 4: Did Latimore at any point touch Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: No, because Mike Evans put him on his ass. Listen.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big listen And by the way, Brady knows no like that his teammates got his back.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 3: Listen with There's some privileges to being Tom Brady, which is your allowed to talk all the trash you want.
Speaker 2: No one can hit you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I understand you being frustrated a hater.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 4: As I mean, when you know I mean, I definitely understand.
Speaker 3: I understand your frustration because it just seems like no, but in in like dogs in the right, in the situation that I described, you have to be Mike Evans and I get to be Tom Brady, So I understand the frustration, like I'm gonna get in trouble for mess you started. And as the person who in that situation is Tom Brady, it's like, damn straight, don't worry about all right? Next enough, we are so late today.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: The Panthers and the Colts both lost Sunday.
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait, are we skipping the Oh crap?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, No, no, not the Colts. The Rams almost blow hugely to the Falcons. Stafford looks shaky and they still only won by four points against the damn Falcons.
Speaker 4: Right or wrong, All that matters is that the Rams.
Speaker 2: Won well because here's the thing.
Speaker 3: They were dominant throughout the game and then you got a pump blocked for a touchdown, Cooper Cup fumbled the ball. The Falcons did the smart thing when you're down fourteen, you score a touchdown and you go for two.
Speaker 2: We don't have to get any analytics on that, but.
Speaker 3: That's a no brainer that it was a sharp move by an otherwise not very sharp coaching Arthur Smith. All of a sudden, they've passed into the end zone to win the game, and Jalen Ramsey saves it. And then even after that, there was another chance because they shanked the punt after the intentional safety. I did like the intention safety. Again, we don't have time to get into all that. The Rams looked so much sharper through the first three quarters. Then I'll go ahead and say all that matters is they won. But they're not some juggernaut. Ok, They're not some juggling all right.
Speaker 5: Next there we go the Panthers and the Colts both lost Sunday. Both Baker Mayfield and Matt Ryan look like they're lost in their new teams. Right or wrong, Neither Mayfield or Ryan will be starting in the NFL next season.
Speaker 3: Are just so you know, small little minor grammatical point. If you use the word either, you use or if you use neither, you're supposed to use nor. Just so you know, So if you say neither this it's nor that say you said either. I said you said neither Matt Ryan nor or Baker Mayfield. But again I'm looking at the script. That's that's Matt's our producers. You know, bad grammar.
Speaker 4: You're just thank you, thanks for the grammar. Listen to check it.
Speaker 3: Let's get it all right, you know what, You're right. That is a bad use of my time right now. Okay, I'm actually just trying to avoid answering this question because I had the Colts winning twelve games in the division and I had the Panthers in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right. Neither of these guys, the starters.
Speaker 3: Matt Ryan did the old self sack yesterday, which is like pressure gets around.
Speaker 4: Him and he just just just.
Speaker 3: Just went down like don't touch me. And and the Panthers listen.
Speaker 4: He is in an unfortunate situation.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well, listen, the Panthers have lost games because of a fifty eight yardfield won a fifty five yardfield goal.
Speaker 2: That's unfortunate. But Baker hasn't looked.
Speaker 4: Good, yeah, and been great.
Speaker 3: You know, did look good though, the old prince that was promised Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he looked good. He did look pretty good.
Speaker 3: He looked good, and all of a sudden they're in first place in that division. Titans could drop to zero and two tonight. The Texans are a mess, the Colts are embarrassing themselves. Jags making the playoffs. Pick that one's looking strong, all right.
Speaker 2: Last, last, we got.
Speaker 4: The Browns, who had the worst collapse on Sunday.
Speaker 5: They were up thirteen with two minutes and two seconds to play. The odds said they had a ninety nine point nine percent chance to win, but the Jets scored, got in, recover the on side kick, and scored again to win.
Speaker 4: Right or wrong, unfortunately for Cleveland. Karma is real.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm not a big karma believer, but I'm also not a believer in folks killing Nick Chubb because Nick Chubb could have gone down and no, but he could have gone down inside the two when he scored the touchdown. If he goes down inside the two after they get the first down before he scores touchdown, then they can take knees. Great, but I'm not going to kill him for the following reasons. First of all, Kareem Hunt went out of bounds before that, or else it wouldn't have mattered. Second of all, Stefanski needs to communicate it to Chubb. And if they just take knees from that moment they're kicking a field goal to go up ten and the Jets have less than thirty seconds. So the fact that you're calling running plays means you like the guy might try to go score. Third of all, it's not like he had a long area of the field where he could go down. He had to get to the two to get the first down, and then he's got one yard where he has like immediately stops. He doesn't want to go out of bounds. Like so the whole thing what the Browns collapsed.
Speaker 2: Because they had a defense that they had a.
Speaker 3: Defensive laps, then they didn't recover an onside kick, then you let Joe Flacco engineer a touchdown drive. I'm not killing Nick Chubb for this, but I am delighted the Browns lost. All Right, we are as late as we've ever been. Very quick, final segment.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. All right, welcome back in final segment, What's Right? Nick Right?
Speaker 3: YouTube show podcast. We will be back on Thursday. I just checked online. The Bolt is still the favorite to win the AFC South, followed by the Titans.
Speaker 2: You can get the Jags at plus three forty to win the division.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta spend more time on that. But the fact that they already have the tiebreaker with Indy, Indy does look like it's a mess. And I think Tennessee's gonna lose tonight to Buffalo. That might be a smart bet. I wouldn't I before the year I picked the Jags make the playoffs, but not to win the division.
Speaker 2: I got it. Let me see, you know what, I'm gonna check one more thing.
Speaker 3: Live on the Air said the Jags are plus three forty, so one hundred bucks to win three hundred and forty bucks. What are the Jags right now to make the playoffs? Plus two seventy? That's I I think the Jags. I think the Jags looked frisky more than a little bit frisky, uh.
Speaker 2: On the picks.
Speaker 3: So we gave out five picks on Friday, more which I feel like we were on the right side of a lot of things happened. That happens Green Bay, which was clearly the right bet, Arizona, which we were on the wrong side of, and got lucky so that maybe cancels out Baltimore, Minnesota, which placed tonight, and then Cincinnati Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I'm very frustrated with us about not only because.
Speaker 3: It went so bad, but because when I was giving out the pick, I said, this goes against so many of our tenants, this goes against so many of our rules. Massive favorite on the road who we don't know if they're even that great of a team, all of those things.
Speaker 2: I was just so blinded by the ability to bet against Cooper Rush. So we're gonna clean that up.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the Vikings cover tonight and we're at an even steven five hundred five and five in the year, one on one on our locks.
Speaker 2: Our survivor's still alive by the way, uh, and we can go into.
Speaker 3: Week three just trusting our process a little bit more so, I'm a little disappointed in myself there because I stayed away from the Jags because I was like, I don't want the Jags bite me twice.
Speaker 2: But I had so confident the Jags.
Speaker 3: Going into the year, and they were three and a half or four point underdogs against the.
Speaker 2: Team the Jags. How about this, This will this is unbelieva. You won't believe this, de Monsey.
Speaker 3: In the last three years, the Jags are two and like twenty eight against the entire NFL. But three and two against the Colts.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: They have beaten the Colts in Jacksonville eight straight seasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they were getting points. We didn't bet them, that's right, though. We'll be better.
Speaker 3: We feel good about everything from the weekend. For the most part. We salvaged. We salvaged it. Sever De Monsey only made two bets and went on too. And it's not gonna bet the Bills tonight and gonna regret it.
Speaker 2: That'll be fine, all right.
Speaker 3: So we got two Monday night football games tonight. We will cover those in Thursday Show. Also anything else that happens throughout the week, and Demons will report back from the cocktail party that I can't go to where he gets to hang out with the bougie parents of our daughter's high school friends. All right, that's all on Thursday Show. Thank you for watching listening. We'll be better at the clock on Thursday.
Speaker 2: See you.
Speaker 4: Then, take care of folks.