Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal holleh for me, I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for day Ato State? Is that whoo whoo? And no Dan and tie Dan Rubinstein.
Speaker 2: It is already our third third preview episode. We are well on our way to the twenty twenty six season. My friend, how are you today?
Speaker 1: Terrific? Ty I get to talk Mountain West Football America's conference, which is weird because there is an American conference, but no, nonetheless, I'm excited to talk Mountain West Pac twelve conference. Usay. It just when when I research these conferences, both in terms of who's new and the changes and the schedules and what went wrong or right last season, I don't I just I get filled with energy, Tye. I just there's there's a juice to it that I can't describe.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: So it's, you know, summertime and everybody's looking forward to the season. But when I'm really diving into it, I just I don't know, Man, I get the warm fuzzies you get that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's not specific to these conferences, it's just in general, actually talking about football instead of what we're normally inventing throughout the month of May and June. Yeah, it's definitely a welcome relief to actually have some football stuff to talk about. I should add an addendum onto your opening monologue there please. Yukon is also going to be included in today's preview episode. We didn't know where to put Yukon, so Yukon being one of two college football independents alongside Notre Dame, who, by the way, we will talk about Notre Dame in the upcoming acc preview. Yukon's going to be with these conferences today. Maybe at some point in the future they will decide to join one of these conferences. Who the hell knows. This is just a state of play in the Year of a Lord twenty twenty six. If you are new here, If you like what you hear, hit follow or subscribes that you don't miss any of the episodes going out to the YouTube channel, leave us comment.
Speaker 1: We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Of course, the star ratings and reviews wherever you get your podcasts are also much appreciated. If you want to go further and help support the team, you can go to Forballers dot com v E R B A L L e r s dot com. That is our Patreon. If you support us there in addition to add free episodes and bonus content and get in the episodes a little bit early and having access to our great discording community, you also get the satisfaction of knowing that you are directly supporting. You are directly helping Dan and I keep the lights on here over at SVHQ.
Speaker 1: And if you really really like the show, no boy, go to the comment sections on Spotify and YouTube of other college football shows and say something like, look, this is a quality show and I'm glad they're doing it. But if you really want the quality content straight from the college football teat, it's solid verbal all day. And that's all caps all day, some iteration, some version of that. Yes, straight from the teat. Yeah, straight from the tea, the college football teat. Okay, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we appreciate everybody stopping bye. We do have two preview episodes already that have been published. The first is the intro to the twenty twenty sixth season, where we go through everything that's changed, just really high level, the thirty thousand foot view of what this season is going to look like.
Speaker 1: This aka welcome to the Fleck Parade. Welcome to the flec Parade.
Speaker 2: That's correct, just the general shape of this upcoming season. The one that we did our first conference or conferences that we're previewed is episode I guess two of previous season.
Speaker 1: Now, this is.
Speaker 2: Episode three where we're going to go through again the Mountain West, the PAC twelve conference to USA and we're going to include Yukon in there just for kicks.
Speaker 1: And we decided against entering the glory hole yes in talking because we didn't want to be insulting by saying G six or mid major, and that we said the true glory is in the ranks of the American in the Mountain West, because there's a hole left behind by all this postseason talk and transfers and nil and this is where the real football is happened. So we're one hundred percent against that sub headline. I listened to another.
Speaker 2: Podcast where there were a couple hosts, and one of the hosts was out there on social media and across popular media that shows way bigger than ours, by the way, but one of them said something that was I would say, rather problematic.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I listened to the follow up episode, and the other hosts did everything imaginable to say, brother, we love you. We are going to distance ourselves from those comments as much as humanly possible.
Speaker 1: Which is I'm tripling down time. What I am doing now, my friend, I am tripling down. I think it's a great way to look at this. These collection of conferences continue. Which conference you want to start with. Let's go to the PAC twelve. Let's go to the snappy, zazzy, new old PAC twelve. I don't have like a nickname for the PAC twelve as weird as weird as it is that a conference essentially disbanded and then they are regrouping, albeit with new members. Basically entirely up and down eight teams, two of which technically were in the PAC twelve last year. They made up the entirety of the PAC twelve. Let's get snappy and zazzi with the new old, New PAC twelve.
Speaker 2: The big theme for the PAC twelve this year, Dan, I'm backed, Babe. The main theme, in the words of the legend Frank Costanza, the PAC twelve is back Baby. The evolution of this conference from ten to twelve to two now to eight has really been a journey in odyssey of the mind for all of us who follow college football.
Speaker 1: I want to say there was a pack eight in like the seventies twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh it started with the eight. Okay, Yeah, this feels a bit to me like hearing that All Birds is pivoting from being a shoe company to an AI company.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think it's that extreme. I mean, I think the PAC twelve is like we're going from a shoe company to a lace company. To get we hear it the solid verbal, we're gonna make souls. We are all about reinventing yourself, going boldly in a new direction. But yeah, this is a little.
Speaker 2: Bit different than we're used to bringing something back from the dead in this manner. We have eight teams in this conference. This here, all of them end in state. We will go through them in a minute. I just gotta say, though, Dan, we're starting to preview all these conferences or researching conferences like crazy. Is it not a dream to have a conference with just eight teams?
Speaker 1: It is nice. Well, they have the flex thing at the end as well.
Speaker 2: Well, they have the flex but I'm just saying in terms of what we have to do, because truly it is all about us.
Speaker 1: Of course, is it not the dream?
Speaker 2: Not an eighteen team super conference or a sixteen team or a fourteenth totally eight, a nice round eight.
Speaker 1: Everybody plays everybody. You get a much more secure sense of who's what just because it's fold round. Robin and I listen when we were talking about the halcyon days of like, how should these PAC twelve teams that look like they might be on an island, you know, Oregon and Washington Callen Stanford. As the conference looked like it was disintegrating. I was a proponent of four team conferences. I remember that. Yeah, just my traveling pods microcons. So I'm great with small conferences. I understand why it's not a thing that's preferable for a lot of teams, but yes, to get these eight teams together, and in this weird time that we are only going as far east as Texas would be the farthest possible point that it's not a full like adding Memoris or USF or something like that to make it a weird national conference. It's nice and cozy. It makes sense. It's like switching back to analog is beautiful. I love it. Yeah, I love that this is back.
Speaker 2: Now you mentioned the flex thing, What does that mean. I'm going to tell you they're trying out flex matchups in the last week of the regular season. So you might recall how last season, when the Pac twelve only had two teams, Wazoo and Oregon State played each other twice. That was kind of a pilot for this. They're doing it again, though they've scaled it up. Everyone is going to get a repeat matchup. If you look at schedules now, if you go out to like FBS schedules or ESPN or if they have schedules, you're going to see that one team is repeated twice. The two wrinkles with that are it'll technically count as a non conference game. It's not going to count against your league record.
Speaker 1: Your conference right yea yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, they can change it. That's where the flex comes in. So right now they just had to put a team on there to in an occupy space and not confuse humanity. But all of those matchups are tentative. They can change them in November as needed. This is in effect of play to try and get a team in the playoff. They're trying to prop up their best teams. If there's not a team that obviously has a stake to that throne, then they'll find some other way to maybe spice things up a little bit if need be. Maybe they won't change it at all. In a lot of cases my hunches, they won't, but they're trying it out.
Speaker 1: They're trying to be innovative.
Speaker 2: They've got some teams now that I think would want to try and get into the playoff, and maybe they need a little bit of a boost. I don't know what this can provide. I love the idea of it. I love the idea of it. I think it's fabulous. I wouldn't hate if other conferences, bigger conference has tried it, because lord knows, that would definitely get a little bit more or give us a little bit more mileage in terms of conference matchups during the season. But for now, anyway, we get to see what the Pac twelve does with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so essentially five non conf ference games for these teams on their final records, seven conference games, five non conference games, and look, it's hopefully increasing the amount of quality football now. Obviously, the flex game is the final week of the season, right, right, So it's a jam packed college football slate already. It's not like we're getting something intriguing in like a Week one or Week two, when perhaps the pickens are slim. But I can appreciate trying something out and seeing how it works out. Sure.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing about this conference, having studied it, you can say virtually anything and it's true about half the teams. Yeah, and it doesn't It truly doesn't matter. You can say they've got a good offense, they've got a bad offense, good defense, bad defense, returning quarterback, new coach, contender, not a it's all on the table. Say whatever you want to say, it's true about for these teams. What do your tiers look like? Have you had a chance to dive in, because I've got I think three very definitive tiers of these eight teams.
Speaker 1: I think my upper tier is Fresno, San Diego, Boise, not necessarily in that order here of mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got those three contenders. I just called them contenders. I've got a coin flipped here of Texas and Wazoo, and that is not to any state, Texas State and Wazoo.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is in no particular order. And then yet at the bottom, I've got Oregon State, Utah State, in Colorado State. I just call that everyone else because I don't I don't even want to call it the bottom. I just it's just the other three teams.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I feel about Utah State there just because they have one of the best head coaches in the conference and there's proof of concept of success, but I'm fine with it. Oregon State and Wazoo, you know, are blank slates with new coaches and fully new rosters, So I'm okay with that. Yeah, I think the floor for Oregon State should always be and for Wazoo should be higher just because because of the institutional commitment to the sport. But no, I think I'm good with your tears.
Speaker 2: Boise State was the big get getting Boise State for the new look PAC twelve. You know, I don't know if it's a better conference in terms of quality relative to the Mountain West, but there will definitely be more exposure for Boise State, and at a minimum, the PAC twelve brand probably probably I'm qualifying this probably has more weight than the Mountain West, So I think they're excited about it as well. Obviously, like I said, it's a pretty big pull to bring Boise over. Right now, they are projected as the clear favorite. If you go by our friend Bill Connolly's preseason sp plus, he's got them at number thirty eight per his math. Boise is also the biggest conference favorite of all the ten conferences that we're going to talk about, the biggest favorite relative to the other teams in that conference is Boise State. Would say, if nothing more, and as I have seen noted in nearly every preview that I have read about the PAC twelve, boise projects to have like the best defensive line in the conference, the best linebackers, the best running backs, if nothing more, a veteran quarterback. That's all a pretty good starting point.
Speaker 1: Fully agree, Yeah, I mean Boise has I think it's the best duo of edge rushers in the conference specifically, if not one of the best duos of edge rushers in the country. Maddox Madson is back for a thirty seventh season. The running backs have a ton of experience. Yeah, there's a ton to like. It's to me the problem with Boise State right now is the speed who's catching passes and who is in that defensive backfield. I'm not sure a lot of people are going to really test those new bodies in the conference. But they do open with a team that's going to be in the top five nationally in Oregon. Right they have what Western Michigan and Memphis also in September ish, so those are we think it'll be a quality Memphis team, heredy, sure it'll be a quality Western Michigan team. Those are those should be winnable games for boys given what they're returning.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, this is an offense that wants to be physical and run it down your throat, and then they're going.
Speaker 1: To work play action off of that.
Speaker 2: If you're optimistic, it's because you've got a solid line. You've got a really good backfield with Dylan Riley and Sire Gains who last year. I don't know how this slipped off my radar, but combined for almost two thousand yards, which is really good. They've got one guy, Riley is more of the home run guy. Gains is kind of the bulldozer. But more importantly, both these guys are pretty good in the passing game, which kind of gives the offense that added wrinkle they're going to be tough to stop in the Pac twelve. The Maddox Madison thing is interesting still. The quarterback, as he said, for the thirty seventh year, Maddix Madson is not a sports car like, he's not going to go out there and wow you. He is firmly at maz to c X five, right. You know, he's the sensible price point. He doesn't have all the bells and whistles. He's like a rhythm guy. The play action offense suits him pretty well. But it is, as you said, a pretty green wide receiver room. A lot of upside, but they definitely need that running game to work.
Speaker 1: I like the line.
Speaker 2: I think it's a combination of new guys, a lot of guys who had surgery in the spring and didn't get reps. So whether or not it clicks for some of those big games early will, I think be interesting for us to discuss here. But I think ultimately the floor is like eight and four in the ceiling might be eleven and one. Somewhere in the middle is like we were They're going to end up because they're not going to beat Oregon in Week one. They do have the tricky road games as you mentioned with Western Michigan. They've got a getaway game before a bye against Fresno who's had their number the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I think they've won three in a row, and.
Speaker 2: They host San Diego State their second to last game of the season. So it's not what I would call an easy road for Boise State by any stretch, but they're certainly well positioned, better positioned than any of these other teams in the Pac twelve to make it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously credit Spencer Danielson for having that experience righting the ship when things go wrong. He gets things in order right. They started last year with a pretty gigantic dud across the country at USF losing by whatever was twenty five twenty seven points, and gets them right. Obviously, they had the two bad losses offensively during the season. I think it was with San Diego State and Fresno State kind of hammered them. But he gets them back, and the resilience with Boise State is obviously impressive.
Speaker 2: And look, they can be fun to watch on defense, can be fun to watch it.
Speaker 1: They've been raided by a bunch of teams.
Speaker 2: They've been raided, but the philosophy here, as we talked about in the last episode, is just bring a ton of pressure. Bring a ton of pressure, create havoc. The caveat to that is you've got to be able to cover the pass. This is a rebuilt secondary to your earlier point, so there's probably an open question as to whether they can get back to that same level. I also question if they can stop the run. So like defense, that's where most of my questions are with this team. But I just think the offense is going to be a handful and that's going to take you pretty good ways. I like what they have coming back, and I understand why they're head and shoulders above the field. If we're thinking of this in terms of contenders.
Speaker 1: They're the hunted, right, They're the one who knock, and so they could have that letdown moment. It's hard to see them finishing any worse than like nine and three. I completely agree.
Speaker 2: Now, what I would say is, even though it feels like they are head and shoulders above the competition in the Pac twelve and as a result, they will end up in the playoff conversation, I don't think this Boise team is anywhere close to the one that made the playoff two years ago. I think it's night and day. That team was way better than this team. So don't like at least I'm more talking to myself here. Don't confuse one for the other. This is a good Boise team in conference, but this is they don't have the generational player the way they did with Ashton gin.
Speaker 1: Or even players on that defense. That was a very strong defense, especially up the middle. That I just we'll see how the secondary works out. But that was a team that was built to peak that season and it did. Right. Maddox Madison still, I don't think has beaten a power five, power four now opponent, so we'll see what he looks like. He's already played at Otson once and it struggled. In that game. Ashton Genty went off, had a couple huge runs. But no, this this should be a Boise team with huge expectations but limited you know, height of a ceiling.
Speaker 2: So you like Boise one, I'm assuming. Yeah, if you had a pick between Fresno and San Diego State, who would you put number two? Probably Fresno. I think I'm with you. I've got Fresno as my number two team. I like teams where you can see the vision and I feel like we have a sense for what matt Ens is trying to do. He's very much trying to build in the North Dakota State model, where he's gonna do some ground and pound and he's gonna beat you on defense. Saw glimpses of that last year with speedy Luke, Bryce and Donaldson in the backfield. It was a defense. It took a big step forward, and I like the defense again this year. I think that's why I give them the nod over San Diego State. The returning production number does not jump off the page at you, but they've got really good experience at all three levels the defense. As veterans, they're just solid. They're solid. My favorite name is kve On Thunderbird. Good name att linebacker who may have been born the year that Ford made the last Thunderbird in two thousand and five. Which try to forget that I just said that and make myself feel old. But I think with that as like the spine of this team and knowing that it at least feels like it's going somewhere, that's really reassuring to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their schedule is fine, it's not easy. It's not impossible. They're gonna get throttled by USC in Week one, but otherwise, I don't know. If your starting point is a good amount of experience on defense and a coach who has won a bunch, I think they're going to be fine. I don't love them, but I think they're like in that eight nine win region.
Speaker 2: Let me oversimplify. This is not a complicated preview. It comes down to quarterback. Yeah, the whole thing for Fresno comes down to the quarterback.
Speaker 1: The EJ. Warner era is over this year.
Speaker 2: It's either Christian Martin, who's a transfer from Maryland, or Jaden Mandal, who was on the roster last year. Neither one of these guys as much of a sample size at time of recording. We don't yet know which direction they're going to go. My hunches it's going to be Martin, but we'll come back to it if anything changes.
Speaker 1: It's a quarterback thing.
Speaker 2: If they get good quarterback play, then it's going to be a team that we're talking about deep into the season. I could also see this being the type of team that gets flexed in Week thirteen if they're trying to prop them up like Fresno would be a really good candidate for that, but they got to get quarterback play. Defensively, they should be able to hold their own against teams like Boise given how deep they are, especially in the interior line. But Fresno's my number two team for sure. I gave them the not over San Diego State, who I have next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my concern with San Diego State is just where's the offense coming from? Missing what they're missing on defense, and the first half, the first two thirds of their schedule is pretty rocky.
Speaker 2: Look, this was not a good offense. The jump last year was mostly powered by the defense. This year a lot back from a bad offense and a chunk gone from the good defense, which kind of gave me the skives a little bit. Yeah, including the defensive coordinator who went to Nebraska, looks like there's a.
Speaker 1: Path for the offense to get better.
Speaker 2: They've been a little bit more deliberate about adding offensive linemen to the roster. They have ten more scholarship linemen on the roster now than they did two years ago, so they're at least trying in that sense. They just got to get more out of quarterback. This is another situation where I got to see more out of quarterback.
Speaker 1: For all of these teams that we're going to discuss today, Basically, if you had a really good offense and a really good defense last season, you're currently coaching at UCLA. That's right, you're currently coaching at Florida. And so we're not going to come through this preview and say like, oh, yeah, they return a bunch from a successful offense and a successful defense at best. Some of these teams are returning like really good offensive players and their defense was a nightmare last year and they're hoping and praying that a bunch of UTEP and Oklahoma State transfers or something work out. So yeah, that's the reality of basically all of these teams. Right. San Diego State's offense wasn't anything special, Fresno's offense wasn't anything special, but they returned just enough pieces in different places. We're like, Okay, if they can figure this out, if this new coordinator has a plan or as a vision as you like to say, sure, but you know, there's a lot of wing in prayer to a lot of these teams.
Speaker 2: There is, And look, the backbone for the San Diego State case might be. They've got a veteran offensive line, they've got two good running backs and Lucky Sutton and Christian Washington, who I think can benefit from that if they get more from Jayden Denegal their quarterback sure also, like me, has two bumped shoulders that he's rehabbing at any given time. Had surgery in December. Supposedly healthy now. Like, if they can get more out of the quarterback position to go along with that ground game, they'll be in a good spot. But again, it was built on defense last year. Given what they lost, they are kind of rebuilding all three levels of that defense this year. The pass rush lost a lot more than it gained. They'll be fine. I just don't think as good as last year. So whether the offense can improve enough is where we're at with San Diego State, and I've got him at three.
Speaker 1: One of the absolute worst third down teams in America last season, so they had a problem staying on the field. If they can just figure out ways to generate more third and short stuff like that, the easy stuff, then we're talking about more, you know, hopefully like twenty three to twenty type wins.
Speaker 2: My next team up is Texas State, very volatile year. Last year not as steady as the previous two seasons. Still went to a bowl, still finished seven and six, but they went through a bad stretch where they lost five straight. Four of them were by a combined fourteen points, and two of them went to overtime, so it was really on a knife edge. They have the best quarterback in the conference in my opinion, in Brad Jackson, who can both run it and throw it. It's a system that is heavily dependent on a quarterback who knows what he's doing and wide receivers who know how to break off their routes and make a choice. I like this team. I've got a soft spot for Texas State. I feel like I have ever since DJ Kinney got there. They've got a really good wide receiver pairing that should propel them, at least on offense. I should note it is not an air raid offense. They still want to run it. It's a question of how well can they run it because both the running back and the offensive line are heavily dependent on whether they're going to pop with what they brought over in the transfer portal. So like I can't project that, you can't project that we know they'll be pretty good through the air. We tend to trust good quarterbacks. I know your rubric is typically quarterback and defense. The obvious question is defense when we're talking about Texas State.
Speaker 1: The thing I like about them, I don't know if it translates to this year, is they finished strong last year, winning their final four. They had a lumpy middle of the road and there were a couple of shootout losses close ones to Troy and Marshall types in Arkansas State, so winnable games obviously, given the level of opponent, I think they should have a decent time this year. If you're starting position is at least quarterback, And I did like that they were especially good in the red zone last year, which to me points to a plan, right, especially having a younger quarterback last year. I think they're going to be in a good place this year to at least they'll put themselves in a good place to win late if they're converting deep in other team's territory. But yeah, it comes down to just how often can this defense figure out havoc and turnovers and ways to get off the field If the talent just isn't there on defense and.
Speaker 2: They actually weren't bad on defense last year. That's the thing this year, though, Bill is projecting them to be one twenty nine out of one thing they can be. So, I know they've got a new defensive coordinator, they're trying to shift to like more zone whatever, and they did spend along the defensive line to try and beef that up.
Speaker 1: But can they stop teams or is it going to be all shootouts? Right?
Speaker 2: I think it's a tough schedule. I think they'll score points. It's a question for me of how many points did the guy actually got to score if they want to get wins?
Speaker 1: Agree. Wazuo was next up for me. Then okay, new coach knew everything. Jimmy Rodgers was there for about an hour and a half and here we go.
Speaker 2: Wazuo returns the fewest starts of anyone in the conference, and especially so on defense. Because Jimmy Rodgers left for Iowa State, he took guys with him. Kirby Moore is the new coach. I think I've told the story before. I got a cryptic DM from somebody who tipped me off that he was going to be hired like three days before it happened, and I didn't see it in time.
Speaker 1: I could have had a coaching scoop. Well, you would have had to confirm it. You need two sources, ty, I only had one. You went to the Columbia School of Journalism. As we know, you are just a stickler for ethics. So Kirby Moore a sensical pick, given where he's from and given I mean you say, like offensive needs. It's a totally new team. They were led by their defense last year. But if you are a Wazoo fan, you are hopeful that bringing in somebody like Kirby Moore, who had a very nice influence on the Miszoo offense, has a similar influence. They just bring over Matt Miller, I want to say from Boise. Yep, it's that aged me by the way. I was like, he wasn't he a receiver two and a half years ago. Oh it's been a dozen years. Okay.
Speaker 2: Matt Miller from Boyse State, who's on the offensive staff at Boise comes over to run the offense. The new defensive coordinator is the old defensive coordinator and head coach at Oregon State, Trent Bray.
Speaker 1: Trent Bray, Yep.
Speaker 2: The fun name to watch is Caden Pinnock. He is the quarterback transfer from UC Davis. As a freshman, thirty two touchdowns and a seventy percent completion percentage ran a little two. He's my number two pet tran for this year going from FCS to FBS. I will talk about number one at some point, but we'll get to the big twelve. But notably, the system that he's gonna run is very similar to what he ran last year, so it's not like he's starting over with new vocabulary or whatever. That looks like it's a pretty good fit. I like their running backs, I like their wide receivers. I think he should have help. I think the line will be okay. Defense is completely new.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope for your sake that he works out, because your whole secret sauce is FCS quarterbacks. All right. I love me a good FCS quarterback. It works like fourteen percent of the time. But when it does, ty pats himself on the back. Yeah, listen, I'm all for UC Davis influence in our lives. Shout out. Robert Mondavi is Bob Mondavi from UC Davis, the wine guy. Yeah, I think it's the Mondavi Center, Like it's a whole thing like, I think they're auditorium or something. He's donated a bunch of money. You can study wine. I think it's what is the study of wine called it? Id I know?
Speaker 3: Is it? Oh?
Speaker 1: It's an and a file.
Speaker 2: I just know that dude on social media with like the gray slick back hair who's like really into it and washes it around and sniffs it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, the anology Oh E N O L O G Y. You can study that. But yeah, you're in northern California. You're outside Sacramento. That's that's the place ty get that graping on.
Speaker 2: I think Wazoo has fewer proven entities, which is why I'm going to go Texas State, especially on offense. Just just buy a nose ahead of them. But like I said at the top, for me, it's a coin flip.
Speaker 1: I agree, And they have continuity in a coach and you know what their their vision is. Continue.
Speaker 2: Let's rip through these three final teams. Let's talk about Oregon State. JaMarcus Shephard is a new coach comes up from Alabama. Speaking of philosophies, speaking of taglines, he's branded the program as fat, pretty hot, and tempting.
Speaker 1: No, no with an F, oh with an F? Okay, but is it an acronym or is it just like we're getting high off the hog? What do we do now? Family, accountability, and toughness? Okay, I think we can all agree those three things are words.
Speaker 2: I am proposing that everyone out there come up with their own motto, not just for Oregon State, but really for their own sense of humanity.
Speaker 1: Does it have to be an acronym for our existing first names? It can be whatever you want, man. So like, if I'm thinking t why it's toughness in youth?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Of course? Of course, I guess toughness youth. What would be a good L if we got an L and a EAN and R. Right, an L would be latitude tie you you give people a wide berth.
Speaker 2: E.
Speaker 1: What's energy? Everybody knows ties? Energetic R?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Would be an R relaxing?
Speaker 2: Relax Now, it's definitely not relaxing, Okay, I don't know. Soliverbotgmail dot com. If you got your own mind, This dude reminds me a little bit of fran Brown. I think he's I think he's a motivator. I think he's going to have guys who want to run through a wall I love to hire. I don't know how long it's going to take to actually bear fruit, because this is a near total reboot of the program.
Speaker 1: Malik Murphy still there, still there, still the in theory, In theory, he's the type of quarterback that would work well with.
Speaker 2: The system that I think he wants to run, which is more of like the Kalin Debor school of offense. A lot of new receivers, same deal with the offensive line, kind of a mix of transfers, guys coming back smaller school guys, guys who want playing time who are at bigger schools. Defensively, they only had sixteen sacks and ten force turnovers a year ago, so they need to try and manufacture a little bit more havoc without exposing the secondary, which is also you guessed it pretty much rebuilt. They also start off the year at Houston and against Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: It's an uphill climb for JaMarcus Shepherd. It's a I think it's a tough schedule kind of all the way through. They're at Fresno and at Boise in November ish with Texas State between them. I don't know who that flex team is going to be at the end, but they might lose those first two games ninety one to thirteen. I don't know. I mean, I hope not. But it's on the table with Houston and Texas Tech, and.
Speaker 2: That brings us then to Utah State and Colorado State. I think I think you like Utah State a little bit more than I do.
Speaker 1: Look that if the starting position is figuring out how to win, how to generate yardage. Last year with a lot new they you know, they brought in say what you will if you're an acc fan and you have been wronged by offensive coordinator Robert and I. He's reunited with Bronco Mendenhall. They spent his reunited together. Yes, so there is you talk about like not having to learn a new language. They speak the same language offensively given their time at by you in Virginia. I don't know. I think they'll be fine. Bronco Mendenhall kind of figures out how to get teams to bowl games, and so I'm just going off of that. I think the defense was awful last year. Yes, I mean the bar is let's put it this way. Yeah, let's not dwell in the past.
Speaker 2: The defense has some names. It has to get much better.
Speaker 1: I guess awful is too strong. They struggled. They struggled.
Speaker 2: Bill right now if you care about preseason stuff has them as the one hundredth best defense in the preseason. So as long as they move up from that, I would consider it a success. Just more towards competence is something I would look at and say it's very successful.
Speaker 1: But like, they go to.
Speaker 2: Idaho State, Washington, Utah, they're home against Troy, and they're at Boise.
Speaker 1: State, which is four weeks in a row. Yeah, which is like rough.
Speaker 2: That is rough for a new offensive coordinator, a new starting quarterback in McKay Hillstead who has a very limited sample size. The team as a whole, at least on offense, only has forty percent back from a year ago, and the defense is still being rebuilt. That's like a tough stretch for me, which is I couldn't go any higher than bottom two for Utah State.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think if they get to a bowl game, that's a pretty enormous accomplishment. Fun fact about I have two fun facts about Uta State by the way, Okay, Number one, they were seventy seven percent and number three overall against the spread last season, really, so they were undervalued by Vegas. According to the numbers I'm looking at, Utah States winning percentage against the spread was seventy six point nine percent, good for third in the country. So they were undervalued last year, at least in terms of those specific numbers. The other thing about Uta State, as I was looking at last season, their key players last year were named Bryson, Brady, Bronson, Brevin, and Brayden. And they were coached hear me out ty, they were coached by A Bronco Bnko.
Speaker 3: Bryson, Brady Bronson, Brendan Brocking, and Braid coach Bronco Bryson, Brady Bronson, Bravit Brocking Braiden.
Speaker 1: So if I seem unprepared to talk anything uh Pack twelve in Utah State, it's because most of my study time was made producing that producing sounds. Give me that one more time that was I apologize or you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Bryson, Brady, Bronson, Brendan Brocking, Braid coach Bronco, Bryson, Brady, Bronson, Bravit Brocking Braiden.
Speaker 2: Did you learn how to do a little bit of like beatboxing there in order to no.
Speaker 1: I just found a sample free or a copyright free E ed M type track and then put a bunch of effects on my voice, and I'm happy. I don't think anybody was home when I was yelling out. Brady Bront scared the neighbors. Man, Wow, good jam on bleacher report br for not discovering that good work man, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Roger Final team Colorado State. We've got Jim Moore junior coming over from Yukon. More than sixty new players on the team this year. It is kind of a Yukon transplant situation. I all five guys are gone on the offensive line, virtually no snaps return. It looks on paper like the worst offensive line in the conference, which is a problem because they want to run a lot, they want to do heavy sets and that type of thing, and I just I don't know if they've got the manpower to do it.
Speaker 1: So counterpoints, Yukon was very close to going undefeated last year. They were Yukon. Yukon was very close. Who we lost talking about three a game by I think they a lost oh two games by three to one game by seven. And then they lost their bowl game significantly to Army. I don't know if Jim Mora was still there then, but Jim Moore did an incredible job at Yukon. The offense was strong to quite strong in stores last season, and kind of everything for Colorado State last year, and this is what happens when your coach gets fired was pretty damn awful. So I don't know, they got a pretty huge upgrade at coach. It seems. I don't know how quickly it'll translate. But that's why I'm not in a rush to say they're in my bottom tier. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think a bull's get a bull. I think you get to a bowl. And I didn't even call it a bottom tier. I called it everyone else because I don't I don't know. I like Jim Moore junior. And they got a quarterback race?
Speaker 1: Is it hass Haney? Is that how you say his name? I think so from Oklahoma State they got him.
Speaker 2: They got Kashanfarr, the guy from Yukon who obviously knows the system. He had a good spring. Well, you know, we'll see. I hesitate to make it any kind of real projections on Colorado State because this is another transplant situation, which is a bunch of new guys, new coach.
Speaker 1: You know how that works. By now, their home road splits are kind of even. Fresno and Texas State are both on the road. Boise's at home. They do have BYU at home, which they'll probably get run over by BYU, and they do travel San Antonio to play UTSA. So it's a tough ball road. But I don't know if they're at least threatening in November, like, oh, maybe a couple of things break right and the Flex game works out. That's a huge season for Colorado State year one. I've got Boise over Fresno. Yeah, I think so too. Let's talk Mountain West. Call Kenny Loggins because you're in the danger zone the Mountain West.
Speaker 2: These are old sounds. I don't know when we made that sound to some old sounds. Talk me through the Mountain West end, talk talk me through. Because we've got Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Colorado State, and Utah State all going elsewhere. Then we've got UTEP coming over from Conference USA, We've got Northern Illinois coming over from the MAC. Yeah, Hawaii is now a full football member, and we got North Dakota State walking in. So it's a smaller conference, I think, a stranger conference, and that feels to me like the top of the league is a little bit more open than it's been in a long time because Boise State's out of there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's UNLV in New Mexico at the top. Those are the teams that I don't see how you could put any other team given look, North Dakota State has been a powerhouse of a program, but there's just so much of an unknown right now. It's not like they're bringing back, you know, a championship squad in every position right Their offensive line and defense of line should be really good, but it's just a different level and different opponents that they're not used to scouting. It's just a whole different experience for North Dakota State, just in terms of quality. My next tier I think is going to be North Dakota State, Hawaii and I. I don't know if I can put air Force quite there. I'd like to, but when previously on air Force you fielded what may have been the worst FBS defense, I can't fully get there. As much as the offense should have some pop this year, it's Luke Sarka, I think it's how you pronounce it coming back or Liam Sarka.
Speaker 2: It's an s Yeah, Liam, it's an SZ situation. Yeah, at the front of the last name, Yeah yeah, Liam Sarka coming back. And when he was on the field, they were able to move the ball. Now there's new stuff to the Air Force team. We can get there in a second.
Speaker 1: But you and LV you gotta believe in the magic of Dan Mullen at quarterback ten and four. Have to believe in it ten and four last year, right, But Anthony Calandras showed something at Virginia Jackson Arnold previously on Jackson Arnold right, previously on Jackson Arnold's I don't want to make this personal, but I'm just saying hasn't shown that something as a college quarterback with any sort of consistency irregularity. So Dan Mullen has had basically nothing but interesting success in production, to be kind, I guess from the quarterback position during his time as a head college football coach. And obviously the proof is in the pudding. With Anthony Calandria last year, they're able to win with basically a bad defense. There's no indication that the defense is going to be any better this year. There were some underlying numbers last year with UNLV, but I don't know. This Rebel team should be really good. Is probably too strong, but the most good. I think they're dangerous enough on offense, and I think they play offense better than anyone will do one specific thing this league. And given the coach, given the track record, I think I like you and LV, They're just going to have a good amount of pop on offense in a way that another team is not gonna have a not gonna have pop on one side of the ball to me.
Speaker 2: So, Jackson Arnold transfers up from Auburn. Previously he was at Oklahoma. It didn't work out at Auburn. Now he is going here. We know he could run. He's a good runner. We have seen that on display. The passing game has sort of been all over the map. Like the best of Jackson Arnold has been really good. The worst of Jackson Arnold is pretty bad. I feel like we've seen more of the latter over the last two one and a half seasons, let's say. And so it's an open question to me what Mullen can get out of him. But mull intends to do well with guys like this, right, that was why they got Calandria. He was kind of an improvisational threat in the backfield.
Speaker 1: They still that it didn't start the first game last he didn't start the first game last Year's still Vallex. They do got hurt, yeah, who is coming off injury. But he also gives them more of a running element at quarterback. They're solid at running back. I think they'll be able to run pretty well. It's just to me a question of all, right, to what heights can Jackson Arnold take them on offense? And are they going to get better on defense?
Speaker 2: Because they gave up close to four hundred and twenty yards a game last year, which was not good. That a lot of the efficiency numbers, yards per play, explosive play rate, all those things. I'm not going to list it off, but a lot of those red flags that we tend to call out when we're doing previews and when we're reviewing games and figuring out who's good and who isn't good. It suffice to say this defense has a lot to prove in year two under Mullin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So two tricky openers for UNLV this year because they open up against what a Memphis team that they can't really prepare for that's completely new with Charles Hoff and then they play Hawaii on the road. Hawaii is just oh better at home with the amount of travel that a lot of teams have to do to get to the islands. Cal at home is tough, but the home road splits from there. Cal's at home, North Dakota State's at home, and well Nevada is at home. But they go on the road to New Mexico, which should be the headline game. They travel to Albuquerque, which should be tough. That should also be must watch TV if if all works out, you know, ULV should be able to run the hell out of the ball with Jayden Thomas probably the best returning running back in the conference. Yeah, UNLV I think is my favorite ever ever, so slightly over New Mexico. But I really do like New Mexico a good deal as well.
Speaker 2: So New Mexico would be the team that you go with if you're into returning production. Yes, because this is a team that went on and four last year. Year one also a year one situation, this one for Jason Beck got him to their first Yeah or eck, I always get the Beck in the I got it in front of me, and I still say Beck Jason Eck had a really campaign, got him to their first Bowl game since twenty sixteen, was undefeated at home, and now he's bringing back sixty three percent production. So for this program, that is like a huge shift in posture. Right, New Mexico is no longer the cute story. New Mexico is trying to be one of the actual league favorites. And it's probably a lot easier now that you know a bunch of the teams that we mentioned earlier went to the PAC twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The good thing about New Mexico one is their starting position, depending on health, is returning quarterback in what Jack lane Jack Laine. Yeah, with the elbow, there's some pop back at you know, running back and receiver. Just experience there. We'll see there. I'm just going to trust a Jason X offensive line to figure things out. Defensively, I think it's it's a K Jaxton Ck right here, like fifty more tackles X t o n Jackston Ck Jackston K one hundred and twenty nine tackles. He was a Mountain West co Defensive Player of the Year, center of that defense so I really like the schedule. Now they have Oklahoma on the road, that is a letdown spot for Oklahoma after they traveled to Michigan. Oklahoma should win that game. But otherwise for New Mexico, they have Hawaii on the road, which we just mentioned that's going to be tough but winnable games elsewhere on the road. New Mexico State, Nevada, San Jose State, and Wyoming, all with like pretty significant issues are all on the road and getting UNLV the air Force offense at least North Dakota State at home. The schedules set up really really nicely for them to contend for this conference. If not, if everything breaks right, something even bigger. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I buy in on New Mexico because of the defense, you know, I mean, the schedule helps, and it obviously helps to have a guy like a Jack Lane and we don't know, I guess fully his health status. The defense went from really bad to legitimately very good. Yeah, and really good against the run, really good at creating havoc, especially sacks last season. And you know, you mentioned Jackstoneck as well, who helps. So I think they're solid across the board. And so they're you know, anytime you're talking G six, there are holes, but there are fewer holes with New Mexico and I'm in, I'm in. I think it's I'll say right now, I think it's New Mexico and.
Speaker 1: UNLV UNLV at the top. Yeah, yeah, yeah, especially if New Mexico can find the pressure they had they lost guys up front on the edge. If they can find those those pressures, it'll go a long way for this team winning double digit games potentially.
Speaker 2: North Dakota State is jumping up. They have won ten FCS national titles in fifteen years. Their coach, Tim Polasek is twenty six and three in two FCS seasons. Bill Connolly's got them starting out at number seventy two nationally in terms of his sp plus, which puts them third in this conference. And I think they are going to capture the imagination of nearly everyone who cares about G six football. North Dakota State has been legendary at the FCS level, much more so than JMU before James Madison came up. So North Dakota State people are going to be very interested in the Bison this year.
Speaker 1: North Dakota State, it should be noted, joined an FBS conference before Notre Dame. Oh look at you. Everybody said, hey, look at you. If you want to win a bunch of national championships, join a conference up above with the big boys looking to look at you, Dan, they did. Our independence is our identity North Dakota State. Isn't that the isn't that the line it's I don't know, it's something like that. I'm trying to tell. The line is a good Notre Dame fan. No, you me huge. Jacksonville State, Fordham, Jacksonville State, Fordham and so State in the non conference portion of the North Dakota State schedule. So a nice little runway into this level. Not that North Dakota State hasn't beaten bigger teams.
Speaker 2: Don't sleep on jack State. Okay, I'll get to that later. I'm in on Jacksonville State, big timing.
Speaker 1: I'm just it's in the Fargo Dome. It is so got to make that Alabama, which is like a monster truck rally. It's great. It is like going to a monster truck rally the Fargo Dome.
Speaker 2: There will be an immense home field advantage at the Fargo Dome.
Speaker 1: Their home road splits are low key brutal North Dakota State. Now it's brutal for teams to go to the Fargo Dome, but also they're traveling to air Force altitude, they're traveling to UNLV perhaps conference favorite, they're traveling from North Dakota across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii. That's got to be like an eight hour flight. No even the like state side flights, it's not close to get to San Jose from Fargo, so their travel will be significant. Although they've played teams obviously all over the West Coast in Big Sky Country, so not anything that's new fully to them, but it's a lot of road time, especially when you factor in Hawaii and traveling to Sacramento. I don't know, it's it could be a lot. I'm not worried about San Jose, to be clear. So to me, it's just if this truly is a program that can just reload new player, you know, sleepwalk to double digit wins, this is the time to prove it. This is the time, even though it's a new level and it's new teams to prepare against. There's a lot of wins on this schedule. There are a lot of wins on this schedule, and I don't know if I see them going ten and two, but I think they can threaten it a couple good breaks if their starting point is a really good or at least experience offensive and defensive line. I don't know if I trust the quarterback. I don't know if I trust the pop on offense. We'll see about the speed on defense. We're not talking about joining a conference that has six obvious contenders. North Dakota State can happily step in and go nine to three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, if your starting point is the trenches. There aren't a whole lot of teams in this conference, frankly in college football that can make that claim. And I think they're up there. I think they're up there. If not the best, they are among the best offensive line defensive line in the Mountain West. And you'll take that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I have the question about quarterback Nathan Hayes. Nathan Hayes very limited sample size, has never been on this stage, so the concern there is fairly obvious. I think the defense should step up. I think they've got structure. I think they know what they're doing. I question the secondary. Maybe against some better passing teams, but all told that they're in a really, really good spot. I'm even more excited that some of the nice people we met up at the Fargo Dome when you and I went up to the FCS playoff game years ago, that some of the people we told about our podcast might now actually get to have a.
Speaker 1: Reason to listen to that for a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because before they didn't, but now they do. And so if you're a new listener, if you're North Dakota State fan, reach out saliverbo at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: How many obviously good defenses will this offense face on this schedule? So Wyoming, maybe we'll see the offense has been a New Mexico for lately. New Mexico, New Mexico likely UTEP is starting all over. They had a fun defense last year, but they're fully starting over. Hawaii had an interesting defense, but they lose Key Chung. I mean not UNLV, they don't, right, it's not UNLV. Not Sex State Air Force obviously is trying to do something on defense because they didn't do anything on defense last year. San Jose State, No, and I you had a good defense, but they're replacing a ton Yeah, okay, it's a it's a nice nice runway into the FBS time stick stick with Air Force then Air Force. I've always really enjoyed the Air Force experience over the years because they've found ways, I mean, Troy Calhoun has found really interesting defensive minds that have been picked off from Air Force. But they've managed to be the one, it seems like service academy that could field complete teams pretty regularly, or at least figure out defense regularly. They were truly awful on defense last season again, one of the absolute worst. They went back to. They hired a new old defensive coordinator who was with them in the twenty teens. He didn't do an especially good job for them. It was sort of post I think it's Brian No, Brian Nor left. It's Steve Russ who was the new old defensive coordinator. He didn't do a pretty good he did not do that great a job for Air Force. But when it was Liam Sarka running the offense when he was healthy, he was good. They just in terms of receivers and more importantly obviously running backs and the pop on their offense. They're replacing him. It's obviously a system. There will be probably some sort of learning curve for this air Force offense. But I expect them to score. I expect them to move the ball. All the underlying numbers were good last year, especially when he was healthy. Just in terms of like all these option teams are like converting first downs and converting third and shorts and time of possession. Right, they're going to play to a certain system. The question now is like can they get anything from this defense? If their defense is merely average or below average, this will be a very difficult out for everybody in the conference. I just don't think you can go from where they were to where they want to be in a year. So I like air Force, I don't love them.
Speaker 2: I sent you a picture of Troy Calhoun's That's a dye job, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know when they have that paint that is the special shade of black that it absorbs all light in the area and it makes it look two dimensional. I don't know if the picture you sent me of his scalp is recent, but it's it's not natural that picture.
Speaker 2: When ever this picture was taken, this is this is a die job.
Speaker 1: It has to be. We should have a should we do a bracket of coaching die jobs? Saban's been active. Saban has been. He has been active in the salon. Smiles had that like a signetti for sure, although he I think he laid off with more attention. I think he's laid off. I think he, uh, he's much more in like the just for men, like just rub in a little salt and pepper. He's got the salt and pepper, but he has he has a history. Yeah, yes, this picture is an all timer less. Miles had his sort of there's no color on the spectrum. It was sort of a dusty copper. Yeah, there's there's some Troy Calhoun shots out there. But yeah, I I really do hope for you know, Air Force's sake. Obviously they're playing for the Commander in Chief trophy and Navy games at home, Armies away. So that's a you know, a trip across the country. They don't have, I believe, an especially challenging non conference slate, so it's duquane it is. And then the service academies Army and Navy, so those will be tough. Those are quality teams. We talked about Navy already. Navy's gonna be good this season. Army, I think Armies. I think I'm higher on Army than you are by your way higher him. It's a tough but not impossible schedule. If they can figure out that defense, I think they should go bowling. I think they can get in that six to seven win range. I like Hawaii.
Speaker 2: I think they've got the quarterback Micah Alejado through for thirty one hundred yards a year ago as a red shirt freshman. Definitely a little bit of a pop gun situation. Not as bad as Bryant Monies who came before him, but yeah, way before him, to wait, way before him. Yeah, was playing through an ankle injury. I think if he's right, Hawaii can absolutely be in this title conversation. I worry about the defense.
Speaker 1: Look, it's like they.
Speaker 2: Dennis Thurman did a good job last year, but there's not a whole lot back for Hawaii in terms of returning production. I'm curious to see what they can do on that front, if they can take a step forward there. I think Timmy Chang on the whole has done a pretty good job with this team. I like the passing offense, but I worry about a half team situation. The schedule I think is interesting. You and LV, New Mexico and North Dakota State all come to Honolulu, which is huge. But Stanford un l V in both weeks one and two, I think we're going to know very quickly if they're worthy of being a contender or if it's just going to be a showcase for their quarterback.
Speaker 1: I don't know if how worried I am about their defense. Their defense was better than their offense last season. They rushed the passer well. Look load, there's so many new players, you know, gone players, gone players in. They rushed the passer well, They got off the field decently well on the down. They're very good in the red zone at times on defense, and a lot of that can go to coaching, like here's our system on third down, here's our system, more backed up kind of stuff. So to me, it's just an overall talent thing, and it's you know, it's always gonna be a weird schedule stuff. It's always been a weird schedule thing. I mean, the offenses on this schedule are not crazy. On this schedule, they have Stanford, New Mexico State, Wyoming, San Jose State, Northern Illinois, UTEP, Nevada, and Sack State, all with enormous offensive questions. Like, yeah, I think I'm just to climb on offense.
Speaker 2: I'm spooked by the returning production thing. I'm spooked by that a little bit. But they do they have good They have good players at all three levels. So it's not a dearth of talent. It's just I don't know as if there's enough around those guys to leave me feeling the warm fuzzies about where this all goes next.
Speaker 1: UNLV, New Mexico and North Dakota State all coming to them. Yep, pretty good, they can pick off one of those. I think they're in decent enough shape to get to seven or eight again. They got to nine with the Bowl win last year, right, I think they're in the.
Speaker 2: Vicinity Wyoming it. It's maybe a Bowl team. Like, I think the defense is good enough to keep them in games. The offense is probably bad enough to ruin everything else.
Speaker 1: Yep. Is that a fair analysis? This is getting kind of serious Wyoming wise for it J So he's not winning games seven and seventeen in two years, and so there's a lot that's winnable. Right. You have Colorado State, it's on the road. That's the first game of the Jym Mora era at Central Michigan, who shouldn't be all that good this year. Northern Colorado, so you can say if they're okay, that's three and zero. San Jose State could be winnable. I don't think they're going to be especially good this year, and I you making their move late. We'll get to that. I don't think they're going to be especially good this year. I think they can figure out. I think there's gonna be a couple of those key games late that they could figure out how to get to six wins. If they're doing any literally anything on offense, they're doing the they're bringing in Bill and Mary's quarterback. I believe that's right. So from Bill and Mary to Lara Me, that's a tough I'm not proud of it. Christian Taylor is the name, right, He's the quarterback. So yeah, I think it just comes down to to offense. Well, Christian Taylor is the Christian. Excuse me, Christian Taylor is the OC's Tyler Hughes.
Speaker 2: I've been getting those confused the entire time we've been studying these teams. I even jotted it down wrong, but you're right, Tyler Hughes, excuse me, is the quarterback from Bill and.
Speaker 1: Amy run the ball little they have returning experience at running back. I can squint and see November Bowl conversation. Yeah, it's a tough place to play. That's the elevation, right, that's the highest point. If I'm going to say I'm an elevation guy, you're an elevation guy. I gotta I gotta be a cowboy guy.
Speaker 2: I love their running back, whose nickname is Tote Tote, great nickname, Samuel Tote. Harris is their running back. Had a good campaign as a freshman. We'll see what he can do this year. But I think six wins is there. I think it's there. I do like the defense. They were really good last year, especially against the pass. Yeah, didn't do much in terms of a pass rush.
Speaker 1: Two years ago they beat NFL starting quarterback Tyler Shuck and Texas Tech in Laramie. Yeah. Yeah, not bad so two years ago, three years ago. I lose track of time. Nevada, Nevada. Nevada is not good. Nevada is trying on offense, They're stuck in a choke hold, man, They're stuck in the chowthold. They're trying to go more air. Rady on offense. It's it was a Mike Leach disciple from Wazoo who was at Colorado last year. It's Brett Bartaloni, I believe, is the new offensive coordinator for Jeff Choate and the and the Nevada operation, the wolf Pack. I don't know, man, they went three to nine. They were pretty bad. They've got a lot. They were I think arguably the worst passing team in America at times really last season, and so they're bringing in a bunch of transfers on offense to improve things.
Speaker 2: I think the line, the line should be okay. The offensive line will be okay, and so, like I whenever you've got that as a starting point, and I'm not saying I'm not saying they're Notre Dames offensive line, but I'm saying it's not we're talking about the offense in these dismal terms. I think that I think the offensive line will be okay. Whenever you got that as a starting point, that's cause for optimism. But you know, like new receivers, Yeah, maybe changing the system here a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Schedule's pretty tough, especially the back half. They have UCLA, New Mexico, North Dakota State three out of four weeks, like mid October to early November, they finished with Hawaii and UNLV back to back. At least Hawaii is in Reno, and obviously the UNLV trip is not all that far from Reno to Vegas. But like, if they haven't figured anything out by the back half of the schedule, they could be staring down the barrel of like losing four or five to finish the year and finish three and nine four and eight again.
Speaker 2: They are also the only team that has to play all three new members of the Mountain West in UTIP, North Dakota State, and Northern Illinois.
Speaker 1: I'm not feeling great about the prospects all right.
Speaker 2: So the last three teams then that we got to go through quickly are San Jose State or they're an Illinois and UTEP sus those out for me.
Speaker 1: San Jose State was a mess last year. They lose their starting quarterback in Walker Egot. They were pretty close early on last year but fell off the map late. They're starting over once again. They've had good receivers lately. They're gonna get throttled by USC early. That's a week zero game. I believe the schedule isn't doing them any favors, especially later on in the schedule where they have New Mexico UNLV travel to Air Force in North Dakota State. The back half of the schedule, it's difficult to find pop at the defense've just so got awful last year and the offense fell off as well. So it just I think it's too too tall a mountain to climb to feel all that good about them even making a Bowl game at this point, there's they feel like foreign eight ish to me. Okay, who else do you say? Uta? Niu? Yeah you tip in niu u Tip was at least a little saucy last year. I think they were able to generate big plays. They lose just a ton, including their offensive coordinator, who wasn't all that I mean, the offense wasn't all that consistent, but they did hit on a couple of big plays last season. They go two to ten last year. A ton needs to be fixed. They have. They lose a ton to the portal, they gain a ton in the portal. There's just not especially they have Oklahoma and Michigan in two of the first three weeks, right, because that's just part of how they schedule the home road splits are also including those teams traveling to Air Force traveling to North Dakota State. Not great. There's just it doesn't seem like there's a clear path beyond three wins.
Speaker 2: EJ Colson baby sure EJ caught another transfer from FCS from Incarnate Word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put up big numbers they.
Speaker 2: Named in the starting quarterback already close to seventy one percent completion percentage, can throw runs a little. If he's better than any of the quarterbacks last year for UTEP who combined for twenty interceptions. If he can help stop that bleeding, I would say that's a good start.
Speaker 1: I think they only beat what Sam Houston and an FCS team last season, correct, and we're competitive in games against terrible teams. So I don't know. I just I'm not I like Scottie Walden. I'm just that they're at best, at absolute best. You can say he's just gonna hit on a ton of transfers and they are going to flirt with you know, going to a bowl or something or being bolish six and six something like that, and the evaluation I think would have to be off the charts for that to happen.
Speaker 2: And I you now in the Mountain West. I must be completely honest with you. The entire time you've been mentioning Northern Illinois, I'm thinking, just because I've been pre programmed.
Speaker 1: Why do I keep mentioning? Why is he mentioning a MAC team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Northern Illinois joining the Mountain West, historically a very mountainous region of Illinois. Of course, they're changing conferences. Their coach, Thomas Hammick left for the Seattle Seahawks back in February. No, he's not the head coach. He's just on the staff, and so Rob Harley is the interim guy now, which is, let's be honest, a tough way to enter a new league.
Speaker 1: Offense was the problem last year.
Speaker 2: They were one thirty five in offensive sp plus really bad as a passing entity. The run game is okay, but everything through the air was just a disaster. So we've got that as a starting point.
Speaker 1: The defense.
Speaker 2: Nineteen players who started at least one on last year, Only three of them are back from last year.
Speaker 1: Per Bill. Yeah, the defense was good. Last year.
Speaker 2: Defense was okay, but they lose a lot. So this is just sort of like.
Speaker 1: The defense was not good. The defense was really good. At stopping big play big plays. Yes, and they did a thing really well. So I guess my point is just that a lot new including the league, does not leave me feeling that inspired about how this starts off for NIU. You gotta look at the silver lining. The silver lining is we get late in the season an NIU Nevada game, which were two of the absolute worst passing teams in America last year. So we might get a game hope either like, oh wow, they've really attacked this and look a lot better through the air, or a game between two quarterbacks who look like they're throwing into the wind when it's not actually windy, so we get the joy of seeing who is better at throwing the ball. After a season in which neither one of these teams, we get an off brand army. Yes, and we do get games, by the way, between teams who are like the one of the absolute worst offenses against one of the absolute worst defenses, the like something's got to give in the other direction, so like the air Force defense from last year against the Nevada off Like, we do get that intrigue. If you're that kind of college football masochist, you can tune in to see who wins between the unmoving force offensively or defensively.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got New Mexico over UNLV because of the defense.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I'm gonna do that too. I think we're going to agree. We're eckheads here we are. I think I think they're in a good position. I think last year Bill Connolly personally deciding not to put New Mexico in the championship game. It was the sour taste in their mouth. Yeah. No, he did not personally decide that. Yeah, all right, it's all coming up, Lobo. Let's do a Conference USA. There's only one thing you love.
Speaker 2: That's danger.
Speaker 1: Conference USA. I know I found that sound. You definitely found that, so you made it. I think that was from the original Ocean's eleven.
Speaker 2: Yes, Western Kentucky looks like the favorite, but they have the least returning production in the conference and the fifth worst in the country. Almost every team you would consider a quote unquote contender has a rather large quarterback question in Conference USA. In terms of defense, I would say that in the land of the Blind, the one eyed man is king. There is no obvious answer for who's got the best defense in this conference. I think everyone has an enormous question mark about their defense, and the first team that figures it out is going to have a real advantage everybody. Everybody is rebuilding through the portal. It's just sort of the standard now and bigger picture, the plight of Kennesaw State, Missouri State, and Delaware remained super interesting to me. Remember three teams that recently jumped up to FBS. All of them are in very very different spots. You've got Delaware with a ton back, You've got Missouri State completely rebooting, and then you've got Kennesaw State, who actually won the damn conference a year ago but then lost a ton and.
Speaker 1: We had their coach on he could get the solidverbal bump though he could. I'll get to that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The team that I liked the most in Jacksonville State. Three years in FBS now three nine win seasons, three bowls, two straight Conference USA Title Game appearances. They lost Cam Cook, who was their running back ran for sixteen hundred yards. He transferred over to play with rich Trod at West Virginia. There isn't a like for like replacement for him. It'll probably be a committee approach, but the committee approach might work well because they're going to build a plane out of Caden Kreole, who is back. He was their quarterback fifteen hundred yards to the air, almost eleven hundred on the ground. You combine him with whatever running back and DeAndre Johnson, who is a six' eight monster of a man at wide, out and that's your.
Speaker 1: Offense does anybody ever describe you as a monster of a? Man never EVERYWHERE i.
Speaker 2: Go intellectually maybe, yes intellectual monster as a world smife maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well isn't this then kind of become a coaching conference at least in how you talk about it right, Now like if you Trust Tyson helton more than other, people if you trust Obviously Missouri state's starting over at head. Coach you, know if you are A Jerry mack, GUY i am. It we, Are We're jerry mac, Show we're children Of. Mac, yeah that's a weird way to phrase. It Mac. Trucks. Sure so. YEAH i, mean with all of these teams just going to continually lose their best, players having to lose their best players because of the realities of the sport and the size of these, schools you're going off. Of, okay who's evaluation skills who do we trust late in. GAMES i, mean they're pretty good coaches in This there are there, are there are. There really it's the non Chip Charles kelly now right At Jacksonville. STATE i Love Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: STATE i have coming out of the conference and a lot of people are in On Western, kentucky But i'm in on Jack.
Speaker 1: STATE i like their.
Speaker 2: DEFENSE i think they've got some of the better, pieces especially in the back. Seven and in terms of all THE g six teams that we've, studied because we're rounding the bend here, now this is the last conference that we're going to.
Speaker 1: Discuss schedule is one of my. Favorites it's not the.
Speaker 2: Easiest it's just interesting because they open the year At North Dakota, state which you mentioned. Earlier they've got two enormous road games At Kennesau state In, october At Western kentucky In. November and if this team makes it through their road, games and we'll know a lot more By, december as it. Were of, course as, always this is a, program a team that will have been very battle tested and will probably be a tough out in the conference title. GAME i don't think any of these teams In CONFERENCE usa are playoff. Viable the schedules just aren't tough. Enough but, again we're not thinking of this in terms of. Playoff who cares?
Speaker 1: Agree SO i Like.
Speaker 2: JACKSON i think there's a lot to like, here both in terms of their quarterback and what they return on.
Speaker 1: Defense all, right fair, enough anything From liberty that interests you just Because Jamie chadwell has been a.
Speaker 2: Name, yeah what interests me on The liberty front is that they could be a nice rebound candidate because In chadwell's first year they went thirteen and, one then eight and, four and then four and. Eight so the trend has been in the wrong, direction, Correct and there's there's a real question about, that which is this a? Trend is It Jamie chadwell trying to put his system in. Place they do have the easiest schedule in the, conference WHICH i think should help with the win. TOTAL i like their running. BACKS i think they've got really good, depth even By CONFERENCE usa, standards really good. Depth if we see a rebound is probably because of the line in the running. Game but they got to fix the defense and they're. Trying they brought over a Guy Sean quinn From Virginia tech try and run the, defense try and make it. Better they were near the bottom last year in terms of creating. Havoc they've got some pieces in the front, seven but basically everyone who mattered in the back is, gone.
Speaker 1: So what they do with that will be.
Speaker 2: Interesting the quarterback, room it's Between Ethan, vasco remember that. Name of, Course Ethan vasco is competing with The Sean purdy And Jalen. Henderson answer is one From wake one From West. Virginia Jamie chadwell said he wants to play one quarterback right. Now it looks like he wants to play. Three it's JUST i DON'T i don't know the recipe. Though if they want to get that, rebounds probably getting better at, quarterback leaning on their ground, game and creating some kind of disruption on.
Speaker 1: Defense whatever that. Was Jalen, henderson by the, way is from vaguely Where i'm. From, yeah fourth, School, Yeah, FRESNO a AND, M West. VIRGINIA i just had a little flash AT a AND m. LATE i Think laden twenty three or twenty four didn't do anything last year, obviously and now is battling for, liberty so he's on a.
Speaker 2: Journey i've got them fourth in the. Conference i've Got Jacksonville state Over Western kentucky and a lot of, teams a lot of. TEAMS a lot of people Like Western kentucky as the team In CONFERENCE, usa AND i like him. Too what's interesting About western is The Tyson helton thing where every year they lose a ton of auction and every year it kind of doesn't. Matter every year they win at least eight.
Speaker 1: Games what was it THAT i forget if it Was Art vandala or Aj pennypacker who did import? Export that Was. Vandalay that Was. Vandalay, yeah That's Tyson. Helton, yeah what does he? Do he's import, export He's Vandale. Industries, yeah that's all it. Is he goes about it his own.
Speaker 2: Way their, Quarterback Rodney Tisdale, junior was the freshman of The year in the. Conference rocket for an arm if we want to stay On seinfeld could run a little. Bit also took thirteen sacks and threw seven picks and six, Starts so you, know got to clean some stuff. Up if they're good on the, line and they lost a lot on the, line.
Speaker 1: They can win the.
Speaker 2: League, OKAY i THINK i think the whole thing for me really comes down to that defense had fits and starts last. Year good in terms of some, things bad in terms of. Others but schedule's. Weird they're At georgia and At indiana in back to back weeks In.
Speaker 1: September i'm just like looking At CONFERENCE usa teams who have the least brutal non conference, also obviously that doesn't affect how they finish in, Conference BUT i don't. Know, man Having george And indiana just brood and sound fun for your spleen as cut into conference.
Speaker 2: Games trying to find an easy schedule in the non con is like a needle in a. Haystack And delaware has Got vandy In. Virginia, yeah their schedules, really their conference schedules really. Backloaded they Get, Jacksonville, State liberty And kennesaw in the last three weeks of the. Year, okay so we will need to wait Till december to actually know anything About Western.
Speaker 1: KENTUCKY i appreciate That.
Speaker 2: Kennesaw, look were Fans kennesaw obviously an incredible turnaround story last year won the Damn conference and we Had Jerry mack in the show a few months.
Speaker 1: Ago go listen to that.
Speaker 2: Episode, yeah they're down a bunch of starters on offense and did good work in the. PORT i think they managed to scrape together a pretty good line that has, experienced SO i think they'll be.
Speaker 1: Okay up.
Speaker 2: Front they're going to Try Ricky, collins a quarterback From.
Speaker 1: SYRACUSE i think it's probably an earnest. Competition. YEAH i don't think you can watch The syracuse offense last year with as many issues as they had and say that is the guy that we are just handing the reins.
Speaker 2: To he threw ten, picks he went zero to five as a starter FOR. Qs then they benched. Him that's why he.
Speaker 1: Transferred so backing Up Steve, angeli he was not the first.
Speaker 2: Choice, Yeah And angelly blew out his, Achilles and then they brought In Ricky. Collins at least, defensively they got the best linebacker in the, league And Baron. HOBSON i think they've got enough around him where they can create some Havy you're really bad against the run last.
Speaker 1: Year we should have asked coach about. That but why couldn't you tackle running backs Last? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Seriously and then we got the rest of the, conference AND i found something interesting about each of these teams.
Speaker 1: Like you, Know i'm a fan of The Blue.
Speaker 2: Hens you, know The Blue hens Of delaware were the first school THAT i visited WHEN i was taking college.
Speaker 1: Visits was there nil, package not? Robust it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it wasn't as big As Penn, stance to be honest with, YOU i got. That and the dorms were significantly smaller than the other. College that's. True it Was that's WHY i didn't go. THERE i Like, DELAWARE i just. Did the dorms were like a shoe box at the.
Speaker 1: Time nobody has won a sixty eight Ventures bowl more recently Than. DELAWARE i defy you to find a.
Speaker 2: Team they are in the top twenty five nationally with sixty two percent production. Returning okay went to A, bowl went seven to six in their first year IN. Fbs their Quarterback. Storry, yeah it was a great. Story their, Quarterback Nick minicucci is the best reason to take them. Seriously had a really good, campaign solid player all, around could. Run they use them in the red zone a. LOT i Think delaware is going to be solid on. Offense that's the Reason i'm not higher is the. Defense and this is, like stop. Me if you've heard this, before, right they give too many big, plays got to replace a. LOT i think it's a bold. Team, AGAIN i don't know if they can go higher than. That all, RIGHT fiu dal a baby pit Bull stadium Is Willie. Simmons Willy simmons immediately went seven and, six immediately went to FIU's first bowl game since twenty, nineteen BEAT fau one At Western. Kentucky finished the regular season four and oh did get drilled in the bowl game BY, utsa but a really impressive. Start who cares a really impressive? Start they do lose both, Quarterbacks they lose a running, back wide, receivers basically the entire.
Speaker 1: Line there's work to. Do the new quarterback IS Jj cole still? Playing remember?
Speaker 2: Him Iowa state to Ap. State it's a throwing motion that looks like it's in slow. Motion, dan we had his dad on the. Show was that his? Dad?
Speaker 1: YEAH i didn't know that was his?
Speaker 2: Dad, yes from the kicking, camp the kicking, Expert, yes this is his.
Speaker 1: Kid? Yes how did cool did you not tell me? This how DID i not make the? CONNECTION i think he was the one who referenced it on the. Show Man cole kicks. Right cole kicking whatever The coles. Kicking, YEAH i love that. Interview, YEAH i had no. Idea, yeah there you. Go now you Know i'm, verifying But i'm one hundred. Percent i'm near one hundred. Percent, Wow how DID i not know?
Speaker 2: That? YEAH i think there's a path for him to get. Better it's very much dependent on the line. Play they got a tough road slate at Jack, state At, liberty At, delaware At. Kennesaw But Willie simmons is a guy who you, know stepped in and immediately made a. Difference there's no reason to think he can't continue on.
Speaker 1: That of.
Speaker 2: Course, yes let me round out this conference here with the final four. Teams i'll go through them. Quickly, okay please Do New Mexico state close enough to be mad about the way the season went last. Year they started three and, Two they lost six of seven with four to one score. Losses they were the worst rushing team in the country last, year so there was an effort to get better on that side of the. Ball James jones is the running back that they're bringing over From Delaware, state and they also added a bunch of line. HELP i don't know if it's going to WORK i have no idea.
Speaker 1: Good at home road Splits New, Mexico Western, Kentucky Jacksonville, State liberty And delaware all at.
Speaker 2: HOME i think this will be a team that leans on their, defense and if they get the six, wins is going to be mostly because of their. Defense but they're. Trying, okay you can see what they're trying to improve. Upon, Yeah Missouri. State Missouri state another one of these success. Stories in their FIRST fbs, season they went seven and, six they made A bowl And Ryan beard and like every buddy the Whole patrino clan left For Coastal carolina took everything with. Him so it's a complete. Rebuild now For Casey, woods who's the new coach formerly AT, smu both both fronts need to be. Rebuilt obviously a first time head, coach he's gonna have his work cut out for. Him he has Both TEXAS a AND m AND smu on the road In. September AND i think if you like try to work out the math for them to get back to a bowl, game they basically need two, upsets two fairly sizable, upsets and then for no other like weird hiccups in order to get back to A bowl, Right, Okay Middle Tennessee Derek. Mason the reason to watch Is Roman. Gagliano he is their. Quarterback he took over late in the. Year he went two and one as a, starter four hundred and seventy one total yards Against, western which was the most by A Blu raider freshman in his first.
Speaker 1: Start there's a lot to like.
Speaker 2: There he's one of those guys who's not really a, runner but when he does, run he's deceptively.
Speaker 1: Quick and we all know about those.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks they can be, dangerous not the most accurate, passer but definitely give them some. Potential the problem is, this the defense could not stop anything through the air last, year and as we, know this is a program, that for what feels like in, eternity was a Proud bowl, team a proud eight win team Under Rick, stockstill so there is mounting pressure On Derek mason to do something to win more than three. GAMES i should, add as our friends over at THE g Five hive pointed, out the university president is retiring at the end of the, year and that's always one of the signals you look for with regard to coaching, changes is it?
Speaker 1: Not it could be ad or.
Speaker 2: President whenever you've got the long time or stepping aside and somebody else coming.
Speaker 1: In maybe they want to make their, mark maybe they.
Speaker 2: DON'T i can't imagine that The Blue raider fan base is all that excited about back to back three win. Seasons so it's put up a shut up For, MASON i. Agree and then to close it, out we'll talk About Sam. Houston we joked about it last year because of their stadium, renovations they played their home games seventy miles, away which is never great for the home field. Advantage they're going to be back At Bowers stadium this. Year they're scheduled to finish renovations by the end Of, july so there you. Go sounds like their new press box is going to be better Than Penn, states which isn't saying. Much but, no, NEVERTHELESS i will Give Phil longo a bit of a. Mulligan the roster was decimated Because Casey keeler left And longo was kind of hired late in the, Process so it looks like another rebuild this. Year we'll see what he can. Do But i've Got Sam houston bringing up the.
Speaker 1: Rear, yeah it has like a three to, nine four and eight type feel at the. Moment, okay, WELL i hope they feel at home in the new.
Speaker 2: Digs bucking the trend going With Jacksonville state Over Western.
Speaker 1: Kentucky i'm going just BECAUSE i want the shirt that Says mac To. Mac i'm going To Kanasas state to repeat and win the. Conference one more, team, Okay Yukon. Huskies, yes so outside Of CONFERENCE Usa independent and now they are, candlefied.
Speaker 2: We Need yukon to either join The Mountain west or The Pac twelve just to really spice things.
Speaker 1: UP i mean that would GIVE Us yukon And gonzaga in the same basketball. Conference that's What i'm. Saying, Man, well because there was A yukon conversation about when The Big twelve was looking to backfill or add. Too there was That yukon conversation THAT i guess could have at some point IN us a team in Stores connecticut And Tucson, arizona then they could be The Pacific Atlantic. Conference that's, true THE Pa.
Speaker 2: Atlantic Jim mora junior, left he went To Colorado.
Speaker 1: State we mentioned that.
Speaker 2: Earlier the new coach Is Jason, kandall who comes over From TOLEDO i THINK i like him a little bit more than you. Do you don't burn for the candle the WAY i.
Speaker 1: Do well now That yukon is just a place where people. Win who knows right that he has institutional advantages Coaching yukon football in a way that really we hadn't seen for quite some time since what The Joe morehead had offensive coordinator and, god what's his? Name i'm losing my mind with my. Memory the, Mayor, Yes i'll dare you. Forget maybe you're just set up to succeed in.
Speaker 2: Stores fifty over fifty portal additions this. Year just five guys back for The huskies who started games last.
Speaker 1: Year the Reason yukon went nine and four was because of their.
Speaker 2: Offense all that's, gone the whole. Thing it's still an active quarterback competition at time of. RECORDING i think it's gonna Be Jake, merklinger the transfer From tennessee once was a four. Star But Caleb, osborne who comes With kandle From, toledo is also a name That i've been reading a lot. About, he's you, know maybe the guy who knows the system, better even if he doesn't have all the upside Of, merklinger but at time of, recording we don't. Know last year it was a lot Of Joey fagnano And Skylar belt. Right that was why they were so good on offense through the.
Speaker 1: Air right now.
Speaker 2: Gone this offensive staff has, credentials but there's no returning.
Speaker 1: Production Nunzio. Campanelli, mmm just making them What Syracuse Rutgers yukon Try, Yeah, Fryad, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yep he is bringing over the passing resume that he had At, syracuse WHICH i to his, credit was pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, okay But yukon returns. Again nothing on.
Speaker 2: Offense no three hundred yard receiver on this, Roster so question of, okay what's he going to work? WITH i like the, LINEBACKERS i guess on, defense but otherwise they got to cover for a. Lot they got to cover for a completely rebuilt secondary that again is losing all of its. PRODUCTION i, Listen i'm not gonna go position by. Position it's kind of pointless to do. That it's entirely new. Team what you are hoping for if you are A yukon, fan is That Jason kandall can put it together, quickly that he, can you, know figure out the quarterback. Thing that he can lean into that pipeline Of toledo guys that came with him and use a schedule that has eight home games on it to try and build some. Momentum all, right eight home games. Helps i'm not Seeing bowl in year, one BUT i have typically put a lot of faith In Jason kandall to at least figure it. Out and as he now takes this next step and starts this new chapter with a different, team we'll see what he's made. OF i like the, STAFF i like his. Pedigree i'm Just i'm not feeling. It there's too much, new AND i don't even know how to project This yukon.
Speaker 1: Team are you sure it's eight home? GAMES i counted? Eight, DI i count. Wrong i'm counting. Seven, Lafayette, Maryland, Syracuse UMass that's, four and Then North Carolina James MADISON Odu okay, seven.
Speaker 2: SEVEN i counted. Wrong but, whatever more home games and away, games.
Speaker 1: More home games than away. Games, yeah it's Just toledo is also a place that cares deeply about, football And yukon has football at least third down the ranks of how we're spending OUR rev share. Money, Right probably it's a difficult.
Speaker 2: Ask probably. True, Lafayette, Maryland, Syracuse, UMass North. Carolina jmu old, DOMINION i counted.
Speaker 1: Wrong, Okay, yep it's. OKAY i think that does. IT i think that's part of part.
Speaker 2: TWO i guess of OUR g six, previews we Included yukon in. There we didn't know where else to bolt them, on.
Speaker 1: So we thought name goes with THE acc THAT na goes to the A. Cc, yeah, yeah, Cool i'm. Excited, no that was that was a good. One i'm not going to play The Bryson Brady bronson whatever thing. Again don't think price was. Enough but if you want a copy for a, mixtape just let me. Know i'll send it over.
Speaker 2: Soliverbo at gmail dot com if you want.
Speaker 1: So if you're a festival, right if you're a THE i don't know the names of any e D m festivals in Like norway Or Fort lauderdale or, something just get at. Me i'll hit you with.
Speaker 2: The, track solve or about gmail dot com if you want the. Track if you want anything else off your. Chest that's the best way you can get in touch with. Us you can follow our social. Accounts you can follow us of course on your podcasting app of, choice leave a, star rating or, review hit subscribe on, YouTube hit the like, Button smash the like. BUTTON i, guess as the kids say these, days they at least.
Speaker 1: Said it in like twenty thirteen when you last they definitely said it in twenty. Thirteen, yeah, yeah one hundred.
Speaker 2: Sure all, right my voice is starting to sound a little, raspy which is usually our cue to call it quits for the.
Speaker 1: Day you know Where i'm at right. NOW i started drinking a giant mug of coffee at the top of this, episode And i've got a bladder that's about to errupt all over this.
Speaker 2: Basement that's how you know we're, Young. Ty we don't want that to happen. Now we encourage the utmost bladder health here on the. Show we'll be back next, episode or it'll be part one where we talk through tears and talk through bigger picture stuff in THE. Acc you got a lot to get off my chest from that.
Speaker 1: One so That's Notre dame AND. Acc Notre dame will be at the a CC. S yes for that guy over, There, dan for myself over.
Speaker 2: Here. Ty thank you as always for, downloading for, listening for supporting what we. Do go to verballers dot com to help support the. Team we'll catch you all on the next. Episode talks in acc they sell It peace