Speaker 1: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Armstrong and Getty extra large.
Speaker 2: Because four hours simply.
Speaker 3: This is Armstrong and Getty extra large.
Speaker 1: I heard a comedian say the other day, because that goes way, way way back to Superman, right way in the very beginning, a comedians say, the first guy was easily impressed.
Speaker 2: It's a bird. Dean Kane joins us.
Speaker 3: You know Dean from Lois and Clark, the New Adventures of Superman for years and years and number of other projects. He's got a really intriguing project fired up right now, which we'll talk about in a moment or two. But more than being Superman, he's the guy who has the balls to come out in Hollywood and say I'm a conservative, that.
Speaker 4: You have to come out in Hollywood that way. It's a different than they all come out there. But yeah, but you know, it's Hollywood. Is is supposed to be inclusive and welcome. I'm intolerant, and they are as long as you have the same opinion. They're not tolerant of dissenting opinions so much so. It's not it doesn't happen very often, but there are a whole hosts of conservative actors and filmmakers.
Speaker 1: How many do you know, maybe even prominent names you don't have to tell us, But how many do you know that keep it a secret because it just it's better for them.
Speaker 4: A large number, but they'll come up no, listen, you know, I listen because I'm out. I'm a sworn deputy sheriffrom Frederick County, Virginia. I'm all about law enforcement. I've got a law enforcement pin on here. I sit on the board of Directors for the NRA. You know, I voice my opinions and whether people like it or not, So because of that, they'll always come up to me and be like, hey, man, listen, thank you for what you're doing. And I wouldn't want to be taking the slings and arrows that you're taking, but we appreciate you and your voice needs to be out there. I can't do it because I would lose this or I would lose that, and they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're based out of Northern Californi and we have a hell of a lot of listeners who are great people, smart conservatives, but they dare not show their true colors or they'll be shoved out of their their line of work, which which is a.
Speaker 2: Brutal thing to do over a political.
Speaker 5: Disagree of course, which shouldn't be the case.
Speaker 4: And that's part of what's going on here is everybody who disagrees with you, they're they're.
Speaker 5: Being vilified, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's that's what's happening in our and in the discussions politically on anything, uh, and certainly within this election, you know. And then that that that led to that assassination. Temp that doesn't surprise me. And that's at all when you call someone hitler, uh, and you call them a threat to democracy and a threat to the American way of life, even though this is a former president and and and he's gonna he's gonna put all of the you know, homosexuals in jail, and he has already been president.
Speaker 5: That'stuff.
Speaker 4: Didn't happen, But they say it, and they'll even you know, misquote him, you know, the President Biden himself will say he, you know, Charles Ville said, they'll find people on both sides debunked.
Speaker 1: Well, the one that bothers us the most is that he promises the blood path I mean the indus, right.
Speaker 4: But that's exactly that stuff makes me sick because I just see a man lying right, and that just that that makes me sick. And so you you you know again, Hollywood is very tolerant of you if you say the right things. But something changed with this assassination attempt, and and something changed that that made you know, George Clooney write that that op ed you know, I think that came from President Obama myself, and I know George.
Speaker 5: I love George. He's a great guy. I disagree with.
Speaker 4: Him politically, and uh, I can't see how you make that write that without the blessing of the Emperor.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been our perception, whether you're looking at the movement of black voters, Hispanic voters, all sorts of different groups towards the Republican Party, or Amber Rose with that great speech the other night is awesome. The whole narrative that Republicans are racist monsters, things seems.
Speaker 2: To be crumbling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we're not one hundred percent Now it's just ridiculous, But that's you know, you hear it enough, If you repeat a lie off enough, something's gonna it's going to stick with somebody. I just have a conversation with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in fifteen years former marine. I assumed he was probably going to be, you know, a conservative, and he wasn't. We were having you know, questions, you talking me. He was like, what about this? And he was basically repeating every lie in every mantra that that that has been forty He's like, well, I keep hearing it.
Speaker 5: I go, does it make it true? Man? Like, look at the facts and here they are. But I love him, He's a great guy.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to vilify him or or assassinate him, or I didn't want to lose his job.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: They and that is real cancel culture within my industry, within the They don't do it openly. They're like, they don't say we're not going to hire you because of your political views. You just don't get called right or you get cut out of something. You have to run out, I know.
Speaker 1: And we want you to get to mention your project since you were nice enough to come on what.
Speaker 4: You're do telling about God's not dead in God, we trust, it's really apropos for what's going on right now. So God has been removed from you know, God's not in the Constitution, It's true, but he is in the Declaration of Independence. He's He's certainly in the in the Pledge of Allegiance on our money. God was a big part of the founding of this country and religion. And in this film. This is the fifth installment of of this sort of series, God's Not Dead. The first one my character I had a character that I played in that it was a huge success. That's like the sixth highest return on investment gross of any movie ever. It's like jan This is the fifth one, and it's about funny that didn't.
Speaker 5: Get a lot of press.
Speaker 4: But this, this fifth installment is about a pastor who I'm not I don't play the pastor that's played by David A. R. White, a pastor who ends up having to run for Congress and then his opponent is going after ray Wise plays and he's rat child playing the bad guy, well the other I call him the bad guy because he is the bad guy in it, but he is the he's the other guy running for that office. And they go after each other and they discussed, you know, where does God belong? The separation of church and state is not in the Constitution either, but it's something that came later and some people talked about it. But God is a part of everything. He's a part of my morality and my values. And I want to know what my congressman or my senator or my president believes.
Speaker 5: And I think, what's what happened?
Speaker 4: What I argue already that God was involved in this election by turning President Trump's head and by the you know that that bullet missing him.
Speaker 5: And you know, I'm a I'm I do a lot of things that are military.
Speaker 4: I understand weapons, having that come that close to him, and the other shots, the follow up shots, which that is divine intervention, and I'll take that, and I think it's changed President Trump. So I think, you know, I think we're gonna hear about God from President Trump tomorrow night. I imagine he'll mention that. And you know, to those who want God out of politics, I just there's a there's a place for God.
Speaker 5: In that, right.
Speaker 2: I think you're one hundred percent right. So making art is fun.
Speaker 3: It's got to be especially satisfying making art that expresses your deepest beliefs.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And look, sometimes I'm playing guy who I would not you know, I've done criminal minds and things like that.
Speaker 5: You're playing back, and that's part of it. That's great.
Speaker 4: I think bad guys are fun to play it, by the way, But when I can do something that I can sit and watch my son and we can and somebody can learn something from it.
Speaker 5: Or if I can do a faith based a.
Speaker 4: Small I do tons of these a year for for nothing, because I want to change the culture.
Speaker 5: Andrew Breitbart said it. You know back in the day.
Speaker 4: I knew Andrew forever because I coached his kid and my kid in like baseball football, and he was start you know, he's he was just this kid's dad, and and uh. Then he starts talking quietly talking politics to me, and he's like he was sticking, you know, sussing me out. He was testing the waters. And then he was like he's like, oh my, you're you're a damn conservative. I was like, well that's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's like, my job is to get you to run for office. And Andrew was ready to make he was every time. It's always like you gotta run, you gotta run, you gotta run. And uh, but but politics is downstream from culture, and so you know, I work in the world of culture and stuff. So if I can make projects that helped change the culture, I love that, and I want to keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Dean Kine, we know you're on the run. Great to write the headphones.
Speaker 4: I'm keeping the headphones in mind because we're going to keep talking.
Speaker 2: Beautiful coming on.
Speaker 5: I hope your project's usually successful.
Speaker 2: Good life, you bet, Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: That is really interesting, the whole keeping it quiet thing. I mean it's not surprising. No, No, I wanted to ask him about, you know, Christopher ree versus Buster Crab, you know, going way back on your Superman.
Speaker 2: Who was the original TV Superman? I thought that was Buster. No, Buster Crabb was Reeves. George Reeves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice job, nice nice pol Michael excellent old timey Superman knowledge.
Speaker 2: And Dean Kine.
Speaker 5: You remember when he was at the height of his success.
Speaker 1: What you've got the Wikipedia what year was like the original Man nineteen ninety three to ninety seven, So he was like the.
Speaker 5: Heart throb there for a while. You remember every ever watched that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we thought that.
Speaker 1: Every girlfriend I ever had was into him back then. Uh, you know what TV stars, movie stars having going for him.
Speaker 5: I've noticed they have great skin.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just with her yeah, yeah, great chin too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it's it's so interesting. You have no idea if the super handsome made it in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Pretty big guy is a complete dope, right or pretty thoughtful, And he's obviously a very, very thoughtful, smart guy.
Speaker 3: One more Dean Caine fact. He played baseball in high school with Charlie Sheen.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 1: I actually would have liked to have asked him about the young Charlie Sheen because Charlie Sheen was already a big deal by that.
Speaker 5: Next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, kiddy, Yeah no kidding. All right, we gotta wrap it up. Michael extra large