Speaker 1: That was pretty long.
Speaker 2: I know I can actually I think I can hold the tune.
Speaker 3: Probably not, okay, okay, I haven't even thought of a beat today.
Speaker 1: It's honestly, I'm pretty sure it's the same every time.
Speaker 4: Could it be boom cat boom boom boom cat, boom boom boom cat.
Speaker 1: That's the same one.
Speaker 4: Boom cat cat, boom ca cat cat, boom cat cat, boom cat cat cat, boom cat cat. Okay cat, it's cat on the way to give you all the boom came in really hot and heavy.
Speaker 1: That was actually, what's up? Don't make me laugh? I can't laugh out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, has a decision now, Yeah, it's long, give us the strong, give us the update.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, so I had surgery about it about a week ago. You know, wait to get out to go and okay, yeah, I had heard you about a week ago.
Speaker 1: So I've been off the grid, low key like a key and long story short.
Speaker 5: You know, I was going through the healing process and recovering, and then as I was healing, I noticed that like I had like an abnormal bulge which just so happened to be herd.
Speaker 2: Down low in your pants.
Speaker 5: No, actually, you're terrible actually no, but higher actually below oh, the chest and the stomach area. And basically they were saying that, like my abdominal wall was splitting because it was splitting in the incision I had, my intestines were poking through this like splitting area.
Speaker 1: So I had to go back in.
Speaker 5: They were like saying that, I, you know, I should have surgery because something could happen and get worse and then get bigger then have to pull me again in the season and I'll be out again. So they're like, it's just better, just kind of deal with it now. We have so much time, you know, coming up with the schedule. So got surgery about a week ago. Were you go out, and I've been healing good so far. My decisions is probably about like I will say, two to three inches longer, but it's like more fine, definitely like dinner. But my first decision was staples. This time they did sutures, so I had just stitches and they will follow on their own that kind of stuff too.
Speaker 1: So I'm getting better at laughing and coughing first.
Speaker 6: To anything funny that's very hard to Gina's been killing it so but yeah, so I'm getting better at coughing and sneezing and laughing that kind of stuff too, but slow and.
Speaker 2: Steady, you know, slow and steady, don't want to push it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this time around, I'm definitely gonna kind of sit more in my hands and just wait until they tell me to just go.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, do you want to explain maybe to everyone too, about the photo that that you showed me of?
Speaker 2: Like Kat said, do you want to see it? Kat calls me and says, do you want to see? Do you want to see the the Do you want to see the inside of my stomach? And I was like, my inside?
Speaker 1: How close do you want to be?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I'm proud so weasy with that stuff.
Speaker 1: You didn't get though for the time that you looked at it, you did pretty good. So I have a picture. I have a picture of what.
Speaker 5: I look like on the inside, basically like where they split me and split me down the middle. They opened me up, and you can see the layers of like my abdominal wall like flaps on the side, and then down the middle you can see like my trunk.
Speaker 1: Which is having organs like getting getting light headed.
Speaker 5: You can see like my organs which is like covered with a lining that our body naturally makes on top of it is a mash that they put sergically inside.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, but.
Speaker 3: When Kat sent this photo to me, I looked at it and I was like, that looks like spaghetti and meatballs a little bit.
Speaker 2: And then I'm looking at it and I was like fine because in my head I was like, that looks like pasta dish.
Speaker 3: And then you started explaining all of that and I was like connecting the dots, like, oh, that's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: And then I was like I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't think I feel good.
Speaker 5: You like, I can't look at it away.
Speaker 2: So that was gnarly. I can't believe that.
Speaker 5: Actually, everyone's reaction to people that have shown they're like, oh wow, that's crazy, and they're like, I can't look at it any longer because now it's sartain to makes sense, like that is crazy.
Speaker 1: That's what you look like on the inside is so crazy. So again, had a movie. But you did good.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Yes, but I hope it's all back together for Yeah, we're glad.
Speaker 3: I was thinking when they cut you open, it would just be like rainbows and butterflies, but it was spaghetti and meatballs.
Speaker 5: Well that was that's underneath the mesh totally. Yeah, it's the rainbows and the sparkles, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: The unicorns. Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. Okay, Well, we're glad you're you're back.
Speaker 2: What's your recovery timeline? Do you know?
Speaker 1: He told me, he's.
Speaker 5: Like, just he knows my body recovers really quickly, so he's like, you know, let's just keep on like a little a better pace this time compared to last time, So like mid September, late September, and then obviously starts early November, so I have about a month and a half to train before we start the.
Speaker 2: First the first perfect, plenty of time, plenty of time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but before that, you you were on another podcast, What's up?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Trader, what's up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, if you guys haven't seen it yet, I was on Canaan's podcast.
Speaker 1: Canaan's a podcaster. He posts a lot of like volleyball conti.
Speaker 5: He talks about love, talks about MLV, and basically to talk about my story who I am as a person on off the choru as well as like my history and.
Speaker 1: That was pretty cool. You know, y'all know who I am.
Speaker 5: I am super unfiltered, cut raw, especially in my space like that where I'm able to be you know, myself all the way.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we talked.
Speaker 5: About everything about you know, love, you know, my transition from MLB coming over this way, having Eric as a coach, my experience that kind of stuff too so and then obviously now switching over to Miami.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I haven't listened to it, but I'll get there. It's juicy.
Speaker 5: You and my friends like paused and she was like, I have to go back and finish the shouse cat. She was like, you were saying some shit that like I really didn't think about. On top of like things that people probably wouldn't say.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wellest part.
Speaker 1: Too, too, okay, hot take.
Speaker 5: You know obviously the comparison that we talked about last time far as like MLV versus Love, you know what I mean. Even since then, there's been like comments and like I've got a few dms to talk about, well that's the case, and why are like, well will it balance out? Because love players are now coming from Love into MLB, and I'm like, no, because it's not like you have Jordan Thompson coming over to MLB's not like you have like, you know, players like that. You have great quality players who including people like me that are coming from the bench and go and go play and start and probably make a lot of more money for sure, but like you know, you have an opportunity to like play than being.
Speaker 2: By somebody else, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, that does.
Speaker 5: That make the level go higher potentially, But is it equal? No, because you don't have all those players stacked up on one team throughout the entire league.
Speaker 1: So I would say it again.
Speaker 5: So that and then the other hot take was having Eric as a coach, which I was just not a fan of, but personally that you see, you know, personally outside of that, I think, I mean, Eric have a great relationship outside of that work environment, but inside. And he told me a warning so we got talked about in the podcast. He was like, oh my god, you're gonna hate me as a coach and I was like, no, I'm not. I will say, hey, this is a strong word. I wouldn't say hate. I was gonna leave it there. But like I said, we have a great relationship outside of volleyball, and I prefer that one then the one that.
Speaker 2: The coach was perfect for sure.
Speaker 7: So yeah, ju see, okay, wow, and wait I met Knat at the love LA finals.
Speaker 5: By the way, I think he kind of has like a bad rap. I think people contend to say like he's a little messy. I don't think he's messy at all. I just think again, he just kind of says things that people one don't expect and to just kind of like, you know, it's almost like he's not in a space to say to have his opinion in the day. I'm like, people can have their opinions what it is and't matter if you're in the space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. But outside of that, I think he was He's great. He's really nice. You know.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was able to talk to him about things. Definitely, like banstered a lot and.
Speaker 1: Was very like you know, key keying. You know. It's almost like again like being on the phone with the friend, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's really cool.
Speaker 1: So if you're an opportunity to like be on this podcast and just chest and at.
Speaker 3: The end of the day, it just gets the conversation going about volleyball in the league, which is the point, feeling.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, that's the point.
Speaker 2: So so stir the pot. But I mean someone has to stir it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's happening in all the other sports, and and it's quis as kept, not as quie ass kept. Fans love the drama, so like, let's just talk about it. Let's be real about the situation. Let's stop, you know, smiling people's faces. Netli Evan's all grand, It's not like it's fine. You have people that say they love you, and I'm telling you now they don't. They're talking about you behind your bath. I found out some juice too, honestly in the past week that I have not told you yet, but I can't talk about in the podcast because that's just too much.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's it's it's basically, I guess I can say this.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: We talked about kind of what my exit was at the finals, kind of what that whole thing was about, the competition I had with staff before game two, and how there was to talk about, like me basically overstepping my boundary coming back to the team and whatever. About the night before the game, before all the bullshit whatever. I now know who was saying what that ooh juice, Yeah, so exactly, but they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be like not me. I was just like, no, I know who was saying what now, so.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's which is crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not it's a I'm letting dead dogs be dead.
Speaker 5: Like I'm like at this point, it's like it's cool, like it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: But like, you know, you know what was going on.
Speaker 5: I told you about this because I told you how piss I called you when I was how pissed, how pissed I was about to choye because it was so like like I've been gone, and it's like, just because we lost does not mean that was my fault because I was there like that was stupid and me like tossing balls or like me just trying to get feedback in the match was not because the reason we lost that was bullshit. I'm sorry, but it got back to me. Now I know who said what, and it's just I'm done. It's I'm fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: So if you don't know, now you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If if you didn't know, now you know, yeah, so exactly, and that's what's all.
Speaker 1: Whatever it's cool. Yeah, but they say smiling way boys, but.
Speaker 3: You're yeah, at least you're in hopefully a better situation next year for yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm afore I go exactly sure, so exactly exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: What other dramas me.
Speaker 5: A lot of like l A Love LA stuff marketing team is on it. I'm like, Miami, what's going on our marketing team and.
Speaker 2: Our LA is killing it?
Speaker 3: No seriously though, But also we do have like kind of an advantage because we have like California girl like who are living here and from here, and we're like in the area.
Speaker 2: So it's easier for us to put stuff together.
Speaker 3: But we had an event last Saturday for all of our like day one people who put down the deposit for season tickets, and it was really cool. It was at the California Surf Club, which is here in Redondo Beach, and a woman came up to me. I hope she's listening now, but she lives in the South Bay and she said that every morning on her walk.
Speaker 2: I think she she said she's a doctor.
Speaker 3: So like love that go girl not really volleyball affiliated, but just listens to our podcast when she goes on her walks in the morning.
Speaker 1: Nice one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was like, that is so cool, and like introduced herself to me and I was like, thank you so much for listening, and it was just like, whoa.
Speaker 2: People are listening.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Crazy anyway, but it was a really fun event.
Speaker 3: They had a panel with some of the players, like people can ask questions, blah blah blah. They just had merch and like a little bracelet making station. Dry Water was there, one of our partners, and then they could make a little tote bag. But it was just like a fun way to meet all of the people in the community and it was actually really awesome.
Speaker 2: Props Emily Hartong for putting that on.
Speaker 1: She did a great Emily.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and then I've gone to like a couple of clinics recently just like hang out, give some feedback, and that's been really fun just to meet some of the teams and the club players in the community. I think it's important to get involved, so I've been doing that.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 5: And then even keeping up any of your your off court hobbies like crochet.
Speaker 1: At this point you need to start sailing some shit.
Speaker 5: Seriously, I know you guys Maddie has gotten so good at it.
Speaker 1: So right now, if I.
Speaker 2: Have a photo, Oh I do have a photo for sure, but.
Speaker 1: Something's happening for me in the future hasn't been released yet.
Speaker 3: And oh, okay, this is my that's my jersey that I made.
Speaker 2: Cool huh And.
Speaker 1: He's making me one with the Miami logo on it.
Speaker 3: Totally, that's so cool. Start that, start that soon. I'll get that too before season.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's a great shirt. So yeah, I'll take one for Miami. So what about you still making not making bread?
Speaker 2: No more, I'm making bread.
Speaker 3: I actually made like some cookies yesterday with my sour dough starter, which were crazy.
Speaker 2: I made lemon bars.
Speaker 3: The other week I did bread, and yeah, that's still going. The jersey game is I think we're gonna I think I'm gonna maybe start like some sort of Etsy shop or something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, start taking you can sell like your teammates jerseys with their number on the jerseys.
Speaker 2: The thing is like a good amount of time.
Speaker 1: Though there has to be a machine that can do it.
Speaker 3: There's no machine that can Oh that, that's like the that's why it's so special.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, with your AI, I'm sure, allegedly that's what.
Speaker 3: TikTok tells me. But yeah, I think well, and I think it's like way cooler that it's handmade by me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True. It's also like kind of like your idea too, though, which is nice.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to try to make like a fun bucket hat for six man?
Speaker 2: Six man?
Speaker 3: Is this weekend the big talk about six Yeah did we talk about it last podcast? I can't remember we have touched on it.
Speaker 2: We did it, I'm pretty sure. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, like good job to our girls they made it to finals finals week, but.
Speaker 2: We thought we thought you had it. Sorry ladies for USA. Yeah, but this weekend is the.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to explain that six man six on six beach volleyball. Everybody like kind of dresses up. It's just like a big thing in Manhattan Beach, and I feel like people like take.
Speaker 2: Off work, they fly in for this. It's like once a year.
Speaker 1: And play.
Speaker 2: It's like Christmas for some people.
Speaker 3: And it's also like the volleyball community kind of like just getting together and hanging out.
Speaker 2: And so I didn't really want to like play this year and every year.
Speaker 3: Right, I played for the last seven years and I really just wanted to like be able to see all my friends and spectate this year. So I have a group of love La girls that are coming together and we are like a team of sorts, but we're not playing, So we're just gonna go out there and like tell people the good word about love La and hang out.
Speaker 2: That's so Sue.
Speaker 3: My brother's flying in. I have just other friends coming who love volleyball, and it's really fun. So because I get to see all these volleyball people I know, and then I can go watch I know, but like like the l like that LA gets a presence there because then LA is in l A.
Speaker 2: It's an l A team.
Speaker 3: Fresh gear from Adidas is what you need. The Adidas Love Collection just dropped and you can shop it right now. Hoodies, tease jerseys, whatever you're into, They've got it. And I am not exaggerating when I say the hoodies and crews are ridiculously soft.
Speaker 2: You will not want to take them off, I promise.
Speaker 3: Check out the full Adidas Love Collection at Adidas dot com, slash US slash l O VB.
Speaker 2: You went golfing.
Speaker 1: I went golfing this morning. Not golfing. I just was a caddy. I just I mean, I guess caddies do more than what I did. I just drove the card around and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretended to know what was happening with the rangefinder, and I just.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, pretended to know what have what the rangefinder? And then I just scribbled in how many.
Speaker 2: Hold ones?
Speaker 1: There was zero of those? How many swings he took to get to the flag?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, yeah, yes, yeah he got one.
Speaker 1: He got one.
Speaker 2: Four par part four, part four. There we go.
Speaker 1: There was par Yeah, yeah par.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 8: Exciting I can get out honestly, Yeah, yeah, golf is hard, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: But you know, I had a few notes that I was able to give. You know, I was like, think about.
Speaker 5: Swinging with speed, not like power, because that's what vollyball players do. We think about speed and not trying to like dump the ball unless.
Speaker 3: You like, but you don't want to swing a golf club with speed or power. It should be like pretty slow. Actually, oh well, I said speed like the first like it to go far. I don't think so no, no, no no, because Paul Golf and like every time I'm with him, like you really you want to take your golf you want to take your club back pretty slow?
Speaker 1: I on the ball.
Speaker 2: We should play golf. We should play golf. Is that what you're gonna say?
Speaker 1: I can play. We should. We should play golf.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty we should.
Speaker 1: We should film an episode as smacked up playing playing nine holes.
Speaker 3: Okay, but when can you twist because your stomach is like September before that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll come to Miami and we can play golf.
Speaker 1: You are coming back. That's a great time. Okay.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is so my husband is going on another bachelor trip and and he texted Kat and was like, I might have to go on a trip again.
Speaker 2: And it's like Maddie should come to Miami.
Speaker 3: But then and like two days later, he's like, hey, I might have to go on another trip to wherever bachelor trip.
Speaker 2: You should go to Miami. And I was like, okay, So he finally told me.
Speaker 1: But it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I almost ruined the surprise.
Speaker 5: It's almost like maybe he talked about it with her, and as I was talking to you, I was like, oh, she doesn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What's funny is like I know, I keep the surprise, but it was almost like it's something that he wants to do.
Speaker 1: So he wants to give you something to do, you know what I'm saying. So it's like fair like yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like I'm like a little kid, like you know, you just use distraction techniques. And he's just like, Okay, I have to go, so like I have to put her with somebody or like put her with a friend.
Speaker 1: He sounds kind of bummed. He's like, I have to like go to this bachelor party. And I go to a bachelor trip with all my boys and like hang out in and.
Speaker 3: Like drink beers and oh yeah, go to Miami. And I'm like, he said, up a playd Apro.
Speaker 1: That's what it golf? Yeah, yeah, that that's gonna be actually really fun. That's perfect.
Speaker 2: Have some clubs. I think I'll just bring the driver. I feel like I can use the driver on that.
Speaker 1: I'll just use Carlos's clubs.
Speaker 2: Perfect drink.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, he's a driver, and he's a driver. Anything you can do, the put whatever. I don't have to switch. Just give me the driver and let.
Speaker 2: Me just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think as somebody likes ahead, we'll go one.
Speaker 1: Today he was like four and I was like agreed is that?
Speaker 3: But like, as I was gonna say, as a hitter, like all I want to do really truly is hit the ball as hard as possible that you smacked them, but you do like the mentality that's you go to top golf, I can hit it to the back fence.
Speaker 2: That's drives the back fence crazy, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: It's like the best feeling ever. But like if I had to putt to win a championship, no dice, no way.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a putter. I'm more like a short scheme kind of like.
Speaker 2: Oh the finesse, yeah, you know, it's the touch that is not for me.
Speaker 1: Came launched that. Yeah, you're like I see those videos.
Speaker 5: Of golfing and they're like on the range where you're just kind of practicing your swing and then they're like making that sound off the off the Yeah you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But it's like like thunder. It's loud.
Speaker 2: People are like what the oh yeah, it's more like a whack.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People don't like it when you're doing that around those I guess those areas so but yeah, oh pase, no one ever says anything to me. Are you making that sound of course, Okay, we're going to see making those hoes are We're gonna make a bet And I'm just kidding no, because it's not better anything else. Par three course with Paul and he got a hole in one and we were running around the course like swinging our golf clothes were and then I guess it's like a rule if you make a hole in one, you have to buy around for everybody, like on the course. Maybe don't quote me on that, but like all.
Speaker 3: These little on the course, I think on the course, don't don't quote me on that, but it was so cool.
Speaker 1: Who made it?
Speaker 2: Paul?
Speaker 1: Did I not met?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: So does anything change for your off season? Now we're like halfway through, We're like coming up.
Speaker 1: It's I know, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like right now, I'm just trying to kind of like maintain like playing shape ish or and like working out. I mean, I work out like five times a week, but then I try to play. I play beach volleyball. I started to get some indoor reps. So Mizuno, like Rockstar SCVC is one of our love clubs, and they let me go and like.
Speaker 2: Get some in there, which is really sweet.
Speaker 3: Of them, so they like started to go out to play indoor a little bit, but just slowly, you know, just getting getting my toes wet. Nothing crazy so far, but I think like slowly we'll start to ramp it up now because I think, I mean, November is going to be here in no time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: I think also, like, I think it's really cool that Love is starting to like host practices for the players now and the next one is supposed to be here in Austin.
Speaker 1: Is that something.
Speaker 9: I think it's like September, like oh really, yeah, the second week, the second week, wait, I think that's the weekend that that that I would go to my Yeah, I think it's the same weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're not going to be there.
Speaker 5: We're going to be in Miami, so okay, which I wouldn't be trying to play it at that point anyways. I don't think I'm gonna start playing probably until like October.
Speaker 2: Oh got you, Yeah, I need to I'll figure that out. I'll probably we can play in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: I'm playing the beach and everything. There's like total club teams all there are there too, so totally. Yeah, it's going to be here quick though, I kind of I feel a little bit like for me, my mindset is this strength. As long as I have my strength, that the touch of it will come because then we have a month he's in training, you know what I'm saying, So like my main thing is just focused on strength and jumping, so I'll build that confidence back.
Speaker 3: So I think when you've been playing, as long as we have the touch, it's like riding a bike, like the touches will come back. But the two weeks level of of strength and conditioning is really where it matters. So yeah, we have that, it's easier to get back on the court. But if you have to come from zero with both, like yeah, to do nothing all summer and then show up to preseason like I'm here would be impossible.
Speaker 1: That'd be crazy. That's like.
Speaker 5: I think if I train like I'll train training for athletes unlimited, like we ramp up in the month before I lean with a fluence unlimited, like, I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I just want to maintain and like push it up a little.
Speaker 5: My mom ask and she was like, do you feel like nervous anything because your body's different now and blah blah, blah, like are you scared to make certain movements? I'm like, once once I don't feel pain, I'm gonna be fine anyways, you know. But it's just more of like appened to my mind, like no until they say okay go, because once I get told go, I'm not thinking about anything inside.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking about training my muscles. That's it. That's my focus is like mostly all that on that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't have any like, I don't have any fear like trauma like hurting myself. I mean obviously when you feel certain things almost like it's something okay. But I think I also want to be very much chatam in about like maybe every like month, every two months, to get a scan to see how I feel, you know, how everything's looking on the inside.
Speaker 2: You know, so it looks like it looks like meat balls and spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Yep. Well I want to keep looking like that, you know. So that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Oh my whatsh Yeah, Well you'll be back.
Speaker 3: In no time.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure.
Speaker 5: So anyways, what else we got you can catch on getting roster updates.
Speaker 1: I saw Serena's at San Francisco. Now they talked about mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Kelsey Powell good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really good team, very strong. California teams are looking really strong. Kelsey coming back is going to be insane, you know, coming back having a baby and getting in shape and playing. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Her Annie and Justine coming back. Yeah, Danny Drew's I think, did.
Speaker 5: You see Danny freaking hand cleaning with a full belly a baby?
Speaker 1: No? It was baby No, Like she's about to. Like I've been talking to her Superwoman do in.
Speaker 5: Like two or three weeks and like, I mean, hand cleaning, squatting, full belly.
Speaker 1: Bought the pop.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're so impressive. She's like the most superhuman person that I know.
Speaker 1: I think I would agree. I would agree.
Speaker 3: I remember talking to some of the Salt Lake girls during season or maybe it was during a you I don't know, and some of them Tory Dixon was like, oh, it was like day in the life with Danny.
Speaker 2: Drew's and Tori was like doing all of the workouts with her and it was like hiking working out, like all of this stuff. And Toy was like, she's like bionic, she just doesn't quit.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, she's just so much energy. Yeah, super mom super super mom. She's gonna be a great mom.
Speaker 2: She's so sweet. Oh yeah, okay, but we have we have a lot of moms coming back. Who else? Who's your team? We can talk about your team?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my team obviously has been fully released. We have lots of Spanish players on our team, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: I've been saying this a lot.
Speaker 3: That to that.
Speaker 5: See, that's why I'm splaining as far as it goes. I can cut somebody out, that's for show.
Speaker 1: I can guess.
Speaker 2: I can cuss like may I'm o cat okay, and then you can cuss them out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: That's my talent is cussing. It's a true talent. I can cuss the many languages, yeah, which is great. And one thing I've been saying about, like about playing with the team that's built like this, is that, like one thing you have to teach about this with culture like this is grit, you know what I mean, Like you don't have to tell these tell players like that come from like Argentina, Brazil, Spain, like to.
Speaker 1: Be aggressive, you know, or be like let's go. They already have that naturally.
Speaker 5: And I feel like we did a lot of that building and trying to find that type of like raw as a whole collective.
Speaker 1: Group last year in Austin, and but a team like this is like everybody already kind of like has that, you know what I mean, which is great. Yeah, you don't have to spend time trying to like elevate that. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yes, I totally get that. That'll be fun because I feel like you're kind of like that already too.
Speaker 1: I'm fiery, I belong, I'm with my people.
Speaker 2: You know, you're with your your with your Latina girl.
Speaker 1: I am like, I'm deep down, it's in there.
Speaker 3: I know, Mina, you used to speak that Spanish when you were younger. Also, yeah, you never had it, to be honest. Also, they announced Annie for our team after I don't know if we talked about this, Annie ony Koto.
Speaker 2: We got, we got some good girls.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so all those rosters are pretty stacked, you know. I said, LA's pretty stacked, Miami's pretty stacked. Everyone is a great team.
Speaker 1: Do you having like preseason predictions or should we just wait a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ooh preseason predictions?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because there are early spots, there are still some spots that need to be filled. I think there's still bringing a couple of players in and then like we'll get some collegiate girls.
Speaker 2: So you know, who's to say what could really shake out?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, every season we make a bet, so we have to make a bet about something. Is it are for? We probably won't. I don't know when even the conferences would cross. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: So we have to know that it's going to work out.
Speaker 1: We have to now bet like, okay versus the other side?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should we bet? Like what?
Speaker 3: Well? I mean obviously I would bet on my side. You would bet on your side. I was gonna say which side of the conference will be better?
Speaker 5: I would say we should beat We should bet who's gonna win their first game?
Speaker 2: You are, oh, well, if we win our first game.
Speaker 1: I think so too. But if we tie, then it's just a tie.
Speaker 3: But if we how about this, if we tie, then you owe me dinner? Uh no, I win, you owe me dinner. If you win, you could if you wanted to still buy me dinner.
Speaker 1: Y'll see her, They'll see what she does, how mad he is, this is how she is?
Speaker 2: Whatever is?
Speaker 1: No, Well, okay, we'll find a way.
Speaker 2: So okay, let's also before we wrap.
Speaker 3: Let's think of if we had if you had to put another team and like another city, what city would you want to see a team in?
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: If I had to pick, Okay, you go.
Speaker 1: If I had to pick, I would say New York.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say. Okay, New York would be so cool.
Speaker 1: I also think.
Speaker 2: That Chicago would be sick.
Speaker 1: I've only been in Chicago once. It was fine, but I don't. I can't say it enough to say that I love it. I've been to New York twice and I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, New York would just be so different than anywhere else that has a team. Now yeah right, Hey, also Las Vegas, Yeah I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to live in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: But been there, done that and it was great.
Speaker 2: But yeah, mmm, that's I'm trying to think where else it would I want to live.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: Puerto Rico would be That would.
Speaker 1: Be a good one. That would be a really good one.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got to get that going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be Now, that would be a good one.
Speaker 2: Puerto Rico would be great.
Speaker 3: And then we also need to start like chartering flights so that we could go like La direct to Puerto Rico if we had.
Speaker 2: To play there, yea, to Miami.
Speaker 1: We need someone money, That's what we need. We need to the money.
Speaker 3: But anyways, okay, and then last question, what like rivalries do think there will be this year?
Speaker 1: Ooh?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think our rival would probably be.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say Atlanta, just because my team is made up from like big, big parts of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So I think it's going to be like Atlanta versus Miami. Yeah, that would be like the big one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm so calculated.
Speaker 1: That's that's a smartest answer.
Speaker 2: And your coach came from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So well, yeah, okay, I feel like ours will I feel like ours will be San Francisco just because it'll be like the Battle of California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we can do it.
Speaker 5: So I think it would be my Miami versus Atlanta's smart smart guests. Obviously Austin versus Houston, obviously La versus Sand.
Speaker 1: Fran And then I would say like Battle of the North.
Speaker 3: I feel like for some reason, just because of like also the schools like Wisconsin Nebraska like Madison, Nebraska are going to be.
Speaker 2: Like mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But Minnesota is in there now too, so.
Speaker 2: Oh shoot, you're right.
Speaker 5: And Salt Lake, Yeah, most of matchup pretty well too, I would say too.
Speaker 1: And everybody could have a rival this year. They want it. It's like if you want to compute, if you want to take it. Yeah. What it's as saying that the crown stays here.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, the Crown's gotta go give the ground to somebody else.
Speaker 1: It was like what somebody else with?
Speaker 2: Well, they broke you guys up a little bit. So maybe this year will be better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we'll see, maybe we'll have a better chance of competing against for the title.
Speaker 2: We will be Only time will tell, Time will tell. Sleep baby, it sounds like time to me. All right. Thank you everybody for listening. I'm Maddie Rischel and I'm Cappell and we'll catch you on on the flips side.
Speaker 1: Clock them with the tea.
Speaker 5: Thanks for watching, serving pancakes. Don't forget to hit the subscribe and like button. You can also listen to podcasts on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: Do you on the flip Side
Speaker 2: Learns the beagle vulable