Speaker 1: Hey, it's Saturday. We know you need your fix. Okay, it's Brooke and Jeffrey and you found the Second Date Update podcast. Maybe you're doing laundry, catching up on chores, going for a run. That's why we're gonna give you double the second date today. We got to the second date.
Speaker 2: Second, Yes, second second date. There we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got two back to back classics for you to enjoy today and hopefully it makes your day a little bit better. It all starts right now.
Speaker 2: I think people get a lot of credit for all the good things that they do, but should don't we also deserve credit for the bad things that we didn't do. Oh, Jay, I agree. I definitely think so. Because one of our listeners went on a beach date with a beautiful woman and you're gonna hear the one thing he did not do.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna applaud him for it.
Speaker 2: Well, he deserves kudos for that. We're still gonna judge him for even thinking it. In fact, our audience might freak out once they hear what it was. But bottom line, he did not do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes it feel like he did. Jeff, you keep saying that.
Speaker 2: Promise you he did, and you can be the judge when you hear it in your second date.
Speaker 3: Update, next second date updated, Brook.
Speaker 2: Do you believe people deserve second chances?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why do you think I'd be here with you if I didn't?
Speaker 2: Does that mean.
Speaker 5: Chance?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what I did. I'm serious though, If somebody makes a mistake, are you willing to let bygones be bygones and give him a fair shake?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean especially if there's like an apology, you know, like if you talk things out. I think you can always work through something.
Speaker 2: Is amazing. We have a return caller on the phone today named Scott, who you were not too happy with the last time he was on the second if you have an apology ready, because he put a little blue pill into his own drink at the dinner table and you use the word creep to describe him, So maybe we need to start with an apology from Brook to Scott. Here, go ahead, Broke, you said you believed in second chance.
Speaker 1: Especially here's my question.
Speaker 2: Have you yes?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes? Communication, I am not apologizing it. Yeah, that's not gonna happen. But what will happen is if you have stopped sneaking those pills into your drink at the first date.
Speaker 2: Your drink.
Speaker 1: Still not cool, Jeff?
Speaker 2: Okay, have you changed your ways? Scott?
Speaker 4: You know, I think I've gotten a lot better since the last time we talked.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, now does he get the apology for what he was big enough to look past all the mean things that we called him on the show and give us another chance. I think we should give him another chance with his dating life here. Okay, Well, a little bit of a rough room, but welcome back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're good, man, You're good.
Speaker 2: I think you should. Okay, Well, so apparently you've reached out because there's a new woman that you met.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her name is Mandy.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, how'd you meet Mandy?
Speaker 4: I was shopping at a hardware store. She comes up to me and asked me about like the stuff I'm looking at, like she needs help. Maybe I looked like I was dressed like I worked there or something, or maybe just.
Speaker 3: Being a guy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if you're wearing a polo shirt in one of those stories automatically.
Speaker 4: Fake, Yeah, I was wearing an orange and white Polo shirt.
Speaker 2: Well this is I mean, it's given you the perfect chance to talk to her, So what do you do?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I thought she was cute and I was like, look, I don't know it works. I'm sorry, I barely know what i'm looking at here.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: But I thought she was cute.
Speaker 4: And I told her that, and I asked if she would go out.
Speaker 2: She said yeah, wow, that was really quick. So did you end up seeing her for an actual date?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We did, and I really wanted to avoid doing something stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, that should always be That is such a good lessons from the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what was the date?
Speaker 5: Like, we went to the beach.
Speaker 1: O interesting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were like hanging out. We're just like people watching, and I thought it would be funny if we were like started to rate the women who walked by.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I didn't. You didn't do that.
Speaker 5: I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you had the thought, but you didn't follow through with it.
Speaker 4: You know, I want you guys to know all the bad ideas I didn't do.
Speaker 3: This is growth.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what we wanted from you.
Speaker 6: Hard for.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Okay, a worse idea that you had than that?
Speaker 2: What else didn't you do?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: So, like the sun started to set and I brought my camera. I like to take pictures and stuff, and I started to photograph the sunset. Okay, okay, what I wanted to do was ask for a model for me.
Speaker 5: Didn't do that?
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not too bad. I mean some women would be flattered by my picture.
Speaker 2: Different. Yes, some would be offended that you weren't asking them to model. Hey, get out of my frame. Trying to capture the sunset.
Speaker 4: Don't make me get more in my head. I tried to do my best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good thing. Anything else.
Speaker 4: I also didn't tell her about the camera because, like, I'm a big camera nerd, and I was like, I can go on for days about the text specs of the camera.
Speaker 2: Camerapt Alexis are not hot.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know what to do. Just talking about the different of the camera. That was a good choice. Don't tell her about the details of your camera. Good call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I for some reason kept thinking about gas prices. Didn't bring that up.
Speaker 1: Are you focused on the date? Did you talk much?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What did you talk about?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean we talked about like our recent dating history. I've been on a lot of dates she's only been on one lately.
Speaker 2: Do you think did that rubb her the wrong way at all?
Speaker 4: Did you notice once I knew that she hadn't been on as many dates, I sort of backed off and didn't like go into detail.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Yeah, you don't want tound that.
Speaker 4: I didn't tell her that I was on the radio and what I was on the radio for.
Speaker 1: For your last ones.
Speaker 2: You're making a lot of good decisions here. So how do you end this night with? Mandy?
Speaker 4: Walked her? Actually she walked me to my car first. I guess we gave each other a hug. Okay, I consider taking out the guitar from my trunk to play a song, but I did not do it. Did I learned my lesson from Barbie? You don't do that. Women don't like that?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Maybe not till like the third or fourth day.
Speaker 1: Then you pull out your Matchbox twenty sound.
Speaker 4: Overall?
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty solid. What's happened since then?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: I thought it went well too, but nothing radio silence. Haven't heard a thing.
Speaker 1: Wow. Interesting if you were just like two up in your head and you were able to actually be yourself, you know, like I feel like the whole time, you're telling yourself what not to do, not how great you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you should bust out those blue pillars again and see how it goes. It's back on board. Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you guys made me think that maybe I'm not so great.
Speaker 1: So we didn't think that, No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: He made me good, tossed her out.
Speaker 1: Well, how's a bad assumption to make on a first.
Speaker 2: Date, as he redeemed himself from the creep label in this state.
Speaker 1: So far, Yeah, we haven't talked to her.
Speaker 2: Yet, Jeff, all right, so so far it's pretty good. We're gonna get the rest of the story when we call Mandy for you and try and get you your second date update right after this. Okay, sounds good. All right, don't move, you creep. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Second date update.
Speaker 2: If you missed the first part of the second date, we got a returning listener to the show, Scott back with us. He went down a lit of things he considered but did not do on his date with Mandy, including he didn't ask her to rate the other women on the beach on a scale of one to ten. He thought about it, but to his credit, didn't do it.
Speaker 1: You did credit when you think about it.
Speaker 2: Still, I guess we're taking baby steps with Scott here. Also, when they went to the parking lot for their goodbye hug, he considered taking out his guitar for a little John Mayer serenade, but said, no, Brooke wouldn't like me to do that.
Speaker 1: I actually probably would have felt for that if I was the one on the date for him. Well, I'm sorry, I'm a sucker for a guitar. That was a stereotype. I really am.
Speaker 2: Well, so, Scott, if we call her and she says that you whipped it out, I'm gonna be slightly disappointed because I thought you made significant growth here. And that's not a little blue pill joke. That's just an honest observation of you.
Speaker 1: No, there is something wrong in my head head. I just saying that you're saying with a clean thought.
Speaker 2: That's you projecting what you want to hear. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying that Scott has turned a page. The only weird part is his date, Mandy has completely ghosted afterwards. So let's find out what that's about. Scott. You ready to do this.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Look at that you did the whole first half not getting shamed for anything. Scott. I think this is already a good sign of how this.
Speaker 2: He's only said three words. If anything, Brooke is the creepy pervert who's thinking bad thoughts. So there we go.
Speaker 1: I keep the thoughts inside. Jack just said that that's a win.
Speaker 2: You said. Okay, there we go. We're all in the winning page.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: Let's call Mandy. Now, let's do it. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi is this Mandy?
Speaker 5: Yes speaking, Hey Mandy.
Speaker 2: This is a radio show. My name is Jeff and I'm part of Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Sorry you're what?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Did I say that? Weird?
Speaker 1: Hey Mandy?
Speaker 2: Hey, there's a random person in the background who just said hi to you.
Speaker 5: On the vote.
Speaker 1: Told her who I was.
Speaker 2: I guess technically we work together. Yeah, that's Brooke. I'm Jeff and you're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning with a whole room full of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alexis are here too.
Speaker 7: Hell, what what are you calling me about?
Speaker 2: Okay, you get right to it. So, uh, this is called the Second Date Update. It's a segment where we try to help our listeners reconnect with somebody after they've gone out with them once, and you went out with a guy who listens to our show name Scott.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so what Oh well.
Speaker 2: Well, so Scott had a really good time at the beach with you, and he was hoping that.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a nice time.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 7: It was fun. I won't speak badly on anybody. It was a nice time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you had a good time. We're just trying to help Scott figure out why there hasn't been a second date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants to see you again.
Speaker 2: The way that he described your communication afterwards was radio silent, which we appreciate because we want to keep the word radio relevant. But we understand Scott doesn't like that. So is there a reason?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I mean I feel like it was pretty obvious. It was just a complete turn off for me that he had been on eight dates already this year, that he's just kind of juggling all these women, whereas I'm in a different place. I've only been on one date. Like, it's just felt like different life for arenas.
Speaker 1: He's been on eight dates and that's too many for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, he's just what if he have like a little rollo deck.
Speaker 1: That's not like you could still count that on two hands. I think that's fine.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I just I'm just more traditional person. I'm not into the short term casual dating that a lot of guys are looking to hook up nowadays. I'm not looking for that.
Speaker 1: But do you know that even hooked up with all those people or was it just like a It could just be bad. It doesn't even mean did he say up with them?
Speaker 7: He had a look in his eyes if he kind of implied it. I wasn't going to ask guys.
Speaker 1: We can guarantee that one of those dates he did not hook up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got into his dating history before, and yeah, it hasn't worked out for him. But you're saying he's coming across like a player to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And my belief is that if you spend an hour or two with somebody, you know what you need to know. You know if it's right and if you want to make things a little more serious.
Speaker 6: So if he was.
Speaker 7: Willing to commit to something a little more serious, I would say yes, But it sounds like he dates a lot and he's not looking for something like that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we don't know, like what the state of his current dating situation is. All we know is that he reached out to us to get another date, specifically with you. Yeah, so that should tell you something and we should probably ask him about it if he does have a giant roster of girls that he's seeing, Because he is on the phone right now hand over here, he's listening to this and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, man, going hied it on. I just loven't expecting to be having this conversation in this format.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just not sure what I did wrong. You just think I'm a player?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm definitely dating in hopes to meet someone to be with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, you're not just doing it for the sport, Yeah, just for fun.
Speaker 1: You can date for fun. That's okay too.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that I had to commit after an hour.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, Scott, the only way that Mandy is willing to even consider going out with you is if you agree to, like right now, not see anybody else and give it one hundred percent with her. Is that something that's.
Speaker 1: A big assumption, Jeff, Are you sure that's what she's.
Speaker 2: Saying, that's what I'm hearing. Is that right, Mandy?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I had a feeling when I was on the date. I don't know if that was mutual. What was the feeling, just that I could see myself with this person. I could see this progressing into something real, So see chemistry.
Speaker 8: You just thought, hey, he's in this phase of dating and you're not in that phase of dating.
Speaker 7: Right exact, And I'm not looking to get her so quick to give.
Speaker 1: Up on it? I know.
Speaker 2: Well, you were turned off because you thought that he's dating lots and lots and lots of women all right now. You don't want to be amongst a huge list of women.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if it's me, it's me.
Speaker 2: Okay. So, Scott, is that something that you're even willing to consider dropping any other girl that you're talking to right now and only focusing on Mandy to clear the roster?
Speaker 4: Bro I mean, I'm not talking to anybody else right now.
Speaker 2: Good answer, Okay.
Speaker 1: Mandy, he was already only talking to you.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just go right to this then and ask Mandy, would you consider going out with Scott again? If he says right now he is willing to commit one hundred percent to you, not anybody else is scary. Basically, agree to enter a relationship on this not potentially you have to give in right now, one hundred percent, give yourself to her. I'm trying to have am I off, Mandy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I feel like you're a little laughing at me.
Speaker 4: But like that is what i'd like.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Scott, the terms have been laid out. What do you say?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: Let's give it a shot.
Speaker 1: That's why not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean why not?
Speaker 1: He has no other options right now?
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Scott has agreed to commit one hundred percent to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, Mandy, I think you're great. I usually don't commit this early, but I honestly I want to spend more time with you.
Speaker 2: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 1: Excited?
Speaker 7: I'm glad you said that you were really open and vulnerable on your end, So I'm going to be that way with you that technically I'm engaged.
Speaker 2: Wait, what my god?
Speaker 7: That's why I need the commitment. That's why I need the buy in. So I plan to end it with.
Speaker 1: Him on what was your explanation? Why?
Speaker 7: Like, that's why I need to know if he's in this or not with me.
Speaker 1: Your engage because she needs to know if the backup plan is sad before she dumps the Curry guys.
Speaker 2: Is that what's happening?
Speaker 7: She's crazy, But Scott, you don't need to listen to them. I'm just really excited to spend time with you.
Speaker 4: No, we're not hanging out.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe, Scott, Now you should tell you wanted to rate all the other women on the beach.
Speaker 4: I did, No, you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the good news is, Scott, at the end of the day, the big takeaway you didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 3: He did nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: He just ended up with a strict, controlling, pre engaged kind of nut job. So can grads engage?
Speaker 1: Very engaging?
Speaker 2: Gage, you have fun, you too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask the radio station to figure out who your fiance is and he give me his number.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he sound so in love? He sounds like he's nervous with the dates. Yeah, yeah, a relationship and I could serenade her with your guitar.
Speaker 1: Scott, good work freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh man, with that woman on the phone. Now it all makes sense how she's only been with one man in the last year, because that was her fiance.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh God together, But aren't we applauding her for what she didn't do? Go on other dates with.
Speaker 2: Just go went on this one. But again, that is on us for not saying, hey, how did your last relationship end? Because her answer would have been it hasn't ended. We're engaged right now.
Speaker 1: I see, that's all.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking for a backup. How did we miss that?
Speaker 7: Brooke?
Speaker 2: Where were you on that question?
Speaker 1: My head is not in the game today.
Speaker 2: Step it up on these calls going here on out. That would have saved us a whole lot of time. But in the end, happy ending kind of for who. No, definitely for her.
Speaker 1: I mean she's got the big of a letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's for her. She's got commitments from not one, but two different men, a couple of people on the textboard that want her to Yes, but we can have you living here happily ever after. If you email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: The skeptics in this studio are saying today's second date is one of the greatest scams ever pulled in dating history. I'm not going to say who those people are, but I will say that I and much more open minded. I'm more open hearted. All my body parts are open. I am. I am so open for this right now, and I want you to text into seven eight five nine two as the second date is running. Are you on my side of pure openness? Or do you stand with the cross legged skeptics in the.
Speaker 1: Room people are committing to something else? Answer? And if our managers checked the textboard later in the day and didn't listen to this, they are going to be burying in concern.
Speaker 2: Let your thoughts fly free and open as you hear what happens in your brand new second date.
Speaker 3: Update, next second date, update date.
Speaker 2: We don't normally hear about this on second dates, or I don't know if maybe it just doesn't happen a lot. I'm not sure. But in today's call, our listener Michelle says that she paid for the entire first date that they went on, drinks, food, and the activity that they did together, and then after doing all of that, wouldn't she know it? She's not getting a call back. How does it feel to be a guy, all that effort for no reward.
Speaker 1: Why would the guy.
Speaker 2: At least do one thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If she's the one that set the date up, then it's her responsibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. Yeah, before we jumped to any conclusions here, let's talk to Michelle and find out what happened. Michelle, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: I'm good. How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 1: It's a good start. Since you're on the phone with us. Some people come in a little bit more fragile.
Speaker 2: You seem like you're in good spirits, but clearly something's going wrong if this guy isn't calling you back. So tell us about the situation. Who is he?
Speaker 6: Well, his name is Calvin. We met on a dating appay and yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: My first question is are you the one that initiated all the contact?
Speaker 6: And it was pretty mutual in the beginning when we exchange numbers. We were just going back and forth, and we spoke on fall a few times and face timed. But I had the topic of self care had came up during one of our conversations.
Speaker 1: You say self care, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Self care, Yeah, okay, And so I asked him if he ever had a manny and Petty and he and he said, no, oh, ever.
Speaker 8: Makes sense why I've heard that my best friend gets manny's and petties, but I've never done it.
Speaker 1: They feel so good.
Speaker 2: I had a guy friend going for a manny Petty lost his foot.
Speaker 3: File.
Speaker 8: They had fill back all yeah, Petty, well yeah, the place that he went wasn't accredited, but in this bucket, I'm assuming that you probably took him to more reputable place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So was there any indecision about who was going to pay for this part of the date the Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well we didn't discuss it ahead of time, but I paid for the whole thing because he didn't have his wallet. He didn't know where it was, So, I mean, it wasn't It wasn't a big deal to me.
Speaker 2: Who wallet?
Speaker 1: What do you mean like you read the scene like you don't find this out till what you're standing at the register.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we got to the counter and he looked like he was attempting to pay, like he was padding down his pockets and stuff like that, and he's like, oh, man, I don't I don't have my wallet. It looks like I don't even.
Speaker 2: Have my wallet.
Speaker 8: It hit him.
Speaker 3: Like girls of the bars.
Speaker 1: We're like, I've never tried to kilos. If somebody buys you, I've never had my nails done. Then I'm so smart. I was, and she's like, exactly, And whose phone isn't connected these days to your credit card? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: My phone is not connected to my credit card.
Speaker 1: By the way, you don't pay for anything.
Speaker 2: It's called a life pack. So thank you for lunch after this.
Speaker 6: And I thought of that too. I was like, oh, you can just cash up if you want or whatever. And he's like, he doesn't do that because if someone had stole his credit card information at one.
Speaker 1: Point, you have to cash out.
Speaker 6: And he said no, well he didn't have he didn't have any links.
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy he's had a rough he's had a rough go with the payment stuff in his past, so let's give him a break on that. Okay. So but there was more after the manny petty it sounds like, yeah, so.
Speaker 6: He loved it. And then after the nail salon, we went to a bar and then all of a sudden, he found his wallet. I guess he didn't realize, oh.
Speaker 8: My gosh, right after it is a guy you don't even have a purse.
Speaker 1: I know, maybe he was wearing cargo pants. There are so many things.
Speaker 6: It was like in a pocket within a pot. It was like the secret for.
Speaker 1: Suddenly I found my ID so I can go into drink in this.
Speaker 2: That's fate smiling on your date right there.
Speaker 1: So I mean at that point he should pay for the drinks?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, did he pay for the drinks at least?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Mind a little bit? So he had his ID in the wallet, but he didn't have any money in his wallet because he had just made a payment rifle before he left his house. And I can understand like he was nervous about the date.
Speaker 1: There's no understanding. Why are we calling him? I mean, look is scamming her?
Speaker 2: Well, Alexis doesn't trust the guy unless he leaves the credit card at ale house. Guys have we thought? And I don't want to make this sad, but he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of money. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You don't just tell someone I have three dollars in my bag. I've been there.
Speaker 1: Take a date where you can afford something, then sure?
Speaker 2: But what if this is all true? Though? What if he actually couldn't find his wallet and he was really nervous about a date with a great girl and was just making mistakes.
Speaker 1: Okay, if it was true, Jeff, I would think that he would call her for a second date to you know, even the even if even if he wasn't super interested. If it was true, he'd be like, let's go out again so I can treat you next time I know you and to get home.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the embarrassment and the shame of having to do that is really overwhelming for somebody. I mean, my heart drops just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. She sounds pretty nice. She sounds like it didn't bother her one bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, how did you feel about it, Michelle?
Speaker 6: Well, you know everything what really is great? On our date, I didn't mind paying. Things happen in life, and I went into it was an open mind and just wanted to get to know him. We had great conversation, so I was for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but at this point after the date, he's not calling you back.
Speaker 6: Right like I'll text and sometimes he doesn't respond at all, and sometimes he does and it's kind of like, sure, yeah, that's right with Brook.
Speaker 1: Why is he not taking you out to.
Speaker 2: Respond? No, maybe he just forgot what pocket his phone was in, and he was like, oh, I usually in this pocket. Now it's in my jacket pocket.
Speaker 1: Where are they finding all of these clothes with tiny hidden pockets?
Speaker 6: I mean I kind of gathered that maybe he's like embarrassed about it, and yeah, that could be it him. I did. I just want to know what's up, what's the deal. I can't wait forever, but I do.
Speaker 5: I like his vibe.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, maybe his ego is a little bit down right now, but I think just the fact that we call him and tell him that you're still interested would be a huge boost to it. Oh for sure, So let's do that. We'll come back. We're gonna call Calvin for you and try and get you a second date.
Speaker 3: Update right after this second date update.
Speaker 2: Are we just a jaded, cynical bunch of radio sleees bags judging people on the surface.
Speaker 1: Wa question, Of course we are.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't take that much pride in it, because for the first time in probably over two years, a woman has come on the show and said she paid for everything on a first date because the guy forgot his wallet or you know, misplaced it for a second at least, and most of us instantly thought, Oh, this guy's a total scam artist who doesn't deserve a date, let alone any love in his life.
Speaker 1: But I don't know that we went that far. Is that what you were thinking in your head?
Speaker 2: I heard Alexis say, why do you even want to call this guy's?
Speaker 1: Okay? Keep going with the story, though it gets worse.
Speaker 9: Why The bottom line is Michelle says she had a great time with him, felt the connection, and thought maybe his nervousness just caused him to make a few bonehead mistakes, have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of money, said he found his wallet, just his credit card.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The thing is Michelle is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in that situation. Can we do the same find the good in him?
Speaker 1: Sounds a little scammy, but we'll try well.
Speaker 2: I guess the weird part is afterwards, Calvin isn't offering to repay her or even reaching out for another day. That's the weird part. Are at is maybe nervousness and embarrassment. Where are you at? Michelle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like he was nervous and embarrassed. I mean, you guys weren't there s Yes.
Speaker 2: And we also make light of stuff.
Speaker 1: We're half joking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you feel like he's a good guy deep down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm all about the person and not money.
Speaker 2: So Alexis just rolled her eyes at you.
Speaker 1: So sorry about that.
Speaker 2: You know, let's just get Let's just call Calvin though, because I do want to hear what he has to say about this. So here we go. I'm dialing his number right now.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Calvin?
Speaker 5: Yeah? This Calvin was going on.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey Calvin, we're a radio show and we're hoping to talk to you about your dating life a little bit.
Speaker 5: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it sounds a little bit weird, but it's a segment that we do called a second Date Update, and that's where we help our listeners reconnect with somebody that they went out on a date with if they're not able to get a second one.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, So what's going on?
Speaker 1: Someone's interested in you? Is that surprising at all to you? Calvin?
Speaker 5: The way my life going, and yes, that's very surprising.
Speaker 2: Hold on, don't get doubt on yourself, because this is Michelle. You guys went and got like manicure pedicure stuff together.
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh ok, because I was like, a very much.
Speaker 1: If he's embarrassed by the date, that's a natural reaction.
Speaker 2: We heard a little from Michelle about it. We heard that she like, misplaced your wallet and couldn't pay and then found it later. Bro, it sounded like a mess and it didn't paint you in the best light.
Speaker 1: I mean. And then there was like the you so you don't do any cash app.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're not trying to pile on you here, but I mean and also your name.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about the wallet situation?
Speaker 5: I'll be ready with you.
Speaker 10: I feel really bad about the whole night, buddy. I'm just not at a really good point right now financially, which makes dating hard. Yeah, so you know, I really do feel bad about the whole night.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't feel bad. She's still really interested in you.
Speaker 8: She brought that up to her like he may not have, and she did not text is free.
Speaker 10: So I.
Speaker 2: Don't take that from the woman who has her mom pay her cell phone back. Okay, so looks not Selvin. We know that we know that you ended up finding your wallet right before you got to the bar. Was that just so that you could get your ID to get in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because I just didn't know how to tell her I didn't have any money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing is like, she sounds so open and cool, like you should have just suggested a date that didn't cost as much.
Speaker 2: She knows that we all go through tough times. So let's say that she was still interested after the disaster of your first date.
Speaker 1: I think we just said that.
Speaker 2: What is your take on that.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, I would probably say no because she's just too good for me.
Speaker 5: I don't want to waste her time.
Speaker 1: Dude, Why would you say that everybody goes through hard times?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I don't want to bring that into my drama and all my life.
Speaker 1: Are you not single?
Speaker 2: Before you answer that, we get too deep into this. I want to bring on someone who's more important than any of us in this room, and that's Michelle, who's been waiting patiently on the other line, listening to this call, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Hey, what are you talking about, Seana Fauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how the segment works. We have them listening Michelle. Are you there?
Speaker 6: Hi? Calvin, Hi Michelle. I mean I haven't heard from you, so I'm really happy to hear your voice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just want to apologize up front. I'm just going through a lot right now. I don't have a job, so I just don't want to waste well, I'm honestly, I.
Speaker 6: Mean that just means you're you're an entrepreneur. I think you're just looking at this whole thing wrong.
Speaker 2: What do you do that looking at it wrong? Interesting?
Speaker 6: I mean, every business owner goes through this in the beginning, you know, I'm sure even the YouTube owners struggled. Airbnb owners struggled in the beginning. This is just and I'm I'm willing to stick by his side, you.
Speaker 2: Know, working out of his page.
Speaker 1: He was already rich.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, I mean, Calvin, she's willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm having no job.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I'm like fully broke man, like I have no money, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Really I'm serious. I feel like she's such a good person. I just feel like I'll be wasting time.
Speaker 6: It's not that you don't have any You're not materialistic. It's not about money with.
Speaker 2: You, oh god, everything you guys live together.
Speaker 1: Some of my best relationships they were men who didn't have home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, them the moment. Okay, honestly, we'll tell your husband to give up the house and move into your.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just saying that it's a hard.
Speaker 2: Husband to hear the best relationships are with the homeless.
Speaker 1: He's obviously my best. Why do you have to compare everything, Jesus, it's like talking to my husband right now. I had relationships.
Speaker 2: You're hearing a happy relationship on the phone right these people? Excuse me? Sorry, continue, Michelle.
Speaker 6: He's not homeless. He has a home if he needs to come here.
Speaker 2: Wow, is that offered you?
Speaker 3: Just girl?
Speaker 2: Calvin?
Speaker 5: I mean, I never about it anything like that. Honestly, be real with you. I felt like.
Speaker 10: Even at night, I was kind of getting on her nerves because I was talking a lot of junk about my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't bring it up now, obviously, did you not learn anything for the last thirty seconds of my life?
Speaker 2: Everything is good, Michelle. Did you have a problem with him talking about his ex the whole night?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: I took it as it means that he's really passionate about love and he still believes in it.
Speaker 1: You cannot bring her down. No, I need to call her every time I'm having a bad day. So she could spin it.
Speaker 2: Fam I mean, I think Brook she sees this little lump of coal and spots of diamond.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's Aladdin right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's nothing wrong with wanting to change a man to be better.
Speaker 6: I don't want to change him. I don't need to change him.
Speaker 7: He perfect the way he is.
Speaker 2: That's really nice.
Speaker 1: Don't pass this up, Calvin. This is like once a lifetime you meet a person like this.
Speaker 2: I mean, we would love to offer you, guys, to go out on another date, and we would pay for it if you're willing to at least give it a shot. Calvin. That way, you don't have to worry.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no no no no. Listen, guys, this is my money, my choice. I want to pay for the date and let him know I am by his side.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't feel bad for Tgi Friday the more financial decisions.
Speaker 2: Calvin, I mean, what are you going to say? Are you willing to give her a chance to pay for your next day?
Speaker 5: She's offering the honor to Michelle. Thank you for even just understanding what I'm going through and wanting to be there for me. So yes, I would love to.
Speaker 8: Go on, are man, this turned out so good?
Speaker 1: It like chipped away at my little jaded heart.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations you too.
Speaker 5: You're going to meet up Michelle for real? Are you sure you want to go out with me? After all?
Speaker 10: It is because you know every time on the day, I'm just talking about myself.
Speaker 1: Wait, what what is that a rule? Or maybe we could not do that?
Speaker 6: I mean I just looked at it like you're opening up to me. You feel comfortable opening up to me.
Speaker 2: Just not as Wallace.
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're got a lot of texts coming in at seventy five night or two about this second date. Someone said, we absolutely have to get an update update from these two. She is the most understanding woman in the world.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm actually like, I'm worried about her, not necessarily in this relationship, but just in life. Is she gonna get taken advantage of can you live? Can you live? That opening kind?
Speaker 8: She's gonna be a guy who's like, yeah, I murdered a bunch of people, and she's like, you.
Speaker 2: Sound very passionate.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 2: Another text says it's funny Brook called the guy a scammer in the first part and by the end, her heart was melting with shame.
Speaker 1: Shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's not fair. Brooks heart was not melting with shame. It was melting thinking about her homeless ex boyfriends. Let's give her some credit on that.
Speaker 1: Listen, you guys, it's not that I still love them. They just say it was a fun relationship.
Speaker 4: You know we're doing.
Speaker 1: We stayed at my house all the time.
Speaker 2: That was the only option. Alexis, maybe did you learn anything from this second date update? Anything you want to put into your own dating life?
Speaker 1: Was I supposed to No?
Speaker 2: No, never should have asked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I should be asking is if you have any issues in your love life that you want a little help with, we can be that person to step.
Speaker 5: In for you.
Speaker 1: This makes me feel like we can do good things, truly
Speaker 2: Want to help with Out email the show, We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our Second Day podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey