Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Slum and I know the NBA. Today's guest is an international sensation who started his basketball career in his home country of Spain before making the move to play college ball in the US at Loyola Marynott. He's one of the hottest young players on the Grizzlies. And today we have Santy al Dam. Okay. So, Santy, I'm sixteen and I'm in tenth grade, and I think you're the youngest player I've ever interviewed, which is pretty exciting because usually when I ask this question, I say, what were you like when you were sixteen? I take people like way back, but for you, this was only six years ago, so this is like very like fresh in your mind. So I know, like you're gonna have the best answers for this. So, Santy, what were you like when you were sixteen?
Speaker 2: Well? I was.
Speaker 3: I was still tall and not that tall, like six y two or so, was even skinnier. And I don't know, I was a pretty responsible kid, but you know, just having fun back home, and I don't know, I was different.
Speaker 2: Life was way easier, definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. And growing up in Spain, I know your dad and your uncle played professional basketball, but with soccer your favorite sport or you just like always loved basketball.
Speaker 3: Not always basketball, but I used to play soccer all the time, like in the playground and stuff. And I feel like everybody plays soccer in Spain, like yeah, even if you don't like it that much, like I like watching it playing like I was not that.
Speaker 1: Good, okay. I feel like you're a little too tall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a bit too. I would just like post people up and just tried to score around them. It was it was weird, but it worked for me.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm a little offended that you haven't talked about how much like shirt says Barcelona yet, because, like, you know, I was doing that because you're from Spain to like represent But it's fine, it's whatever. But which which LaLiga team did you support?
Speaker 3: Las Palmas, which actually they just lost to Barcelona.
Speaker 4: Today, Okay, but weren't they up like two zero.
Speaker 3: At half time or some Yeah, they were up one zero and one zero then they came back.
Speaker 2: It was her. I was watching it on the way here and it okay, so.
Speaker 1: That's why you don't like my Barcelona ya, Okay, that was such a bad choice.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't have done that. Okay.
Speaker 4: So you were saying at sixteen you were six two.
Speaker 2: About six two six three? Yeares?
Speaker 1: So then how quick I don't get it, you just like shot up to seven foot one day?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was like six three when I was fifteen, and it was just like from where year to another like five inches, and then from then like the next year it was another five inches.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I remember with the national team, they will just like measure you every summer, And when I got back the summer, I was like seventeen, they measured me twice because they couldn't believe how much.
Speaker 2: I agree, they thought they missed something up.
Speaker 1: And how tall are your parents?
Speaker 2: My dad's seven feet and my mom's like five eleven, okay, so.
Speaker 1: This is expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is two siblings, Yeah, a little brother. And how tall he He's like six.
Speaker 1: Six okay, But is he still growing.
Speaker 2: Or oh no, I feel grow he hopes he's still growing.
Speaker 1: Whatever your brother's name is, I hope for him that he's still growing. So usually I like to ask players this question where I'm like, when you were sixteen, what during AU did you play against any other NBA players? But knowing that your situation was a little different being in Europe, being in Spain, did you have the opportunity to play against any other up and coming NBA players?
Speaker 3: I mean I played under eighteen, so it was the day before the year before I went to college against Shannggoon from the Rockets. I played with Garuba from the Warriors. I don't know if I if I played against anybody else. I know I played against Well, I didn't play. I was way too young. I was fourteen. There were sixteen against Lucas team, but obviously he was too good. He was playing with the pro team already. So yeah, I don't know. I probably played against somebody else, but I forget.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, okay, And when did you go to your first was your first game that you'd been to the first game you played in? Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I had only been in the US for college. Really, yeah, i'd never been. Well, I'm my official visit.
Speaker 2: That was it. I knew nothing about it.
Speaker 1: In speaking of that, I know you had offered from Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Speaker 2: What was it like?
Speaker 1: What was can you take us through sort of that decision going like the NCAA route and then also going to Maryland. You know, like that's not probably Spain the example of what you think about when you think about America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a long process obviously, like you know, proteins recruit pretty hard in Europe. But like, I don't know, I felt like I was in my high school team. Like the like the stuff that we got going on there was easy and and I mean I never saw any benefit to go into a protein And then when I had to make the decision, I was like, well should I go to dance double A? I wanted to study, and I was like, you know sometimes in Europe they don't give you the opportunity when you're that young.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, let me go.
Speaker 3: And I knew this assistant coaches with the Raptors now, Ivo Simovich. He I mean we're super close now, and I just decided to go to Loyola Maryland with him, and I mean he like it's a small school. Obviously I had other offers, but I mean it was it was great for me. My first year I got there, Uh you know, then we had COVID, So it's like I feel like everything's like a blur, but it was. It was super good and that's something I'll never regret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. You went a different path. That's so cool. And when you got to Maryland, what was your biggest culture shock. What was the biggest difference you saw between Spain and Maryland.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, for sure, the time out which people eat dinner. Like in Spain, I would eat dinner like nine ten, and we had to eat dinner at six And I remember, like the whole whatever, it would close like super early, so I was not hungry at the time we were eating dinner, so we have to eat without being hungry.
Speaker 2: And then I like tens that's when you can bulk up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it worked right, but then everything closed, so like I had to figure out ways of getting food. I'm a terrible cook. Actually I'm not even a cooker, Like I don't. You can't cook anything anything like well, chicken or rice. That's the only thing I can.
Speaker 4: Okay, to be fair, I can't even do that.
Speaker 3: So that's better than Oh yeah, I had to do it for survival purposes.
Speaker 2: But now I'm good.
Speaker 1: I love it now. This is my last question about you. When you were sixteen, I'm very curious about this. Did you know that Memphis existed when you were sixteen?
Speaker 3: I mean I did because of power Mark. Yeah that's the only reason. If not, Like, I had never thought about Memphis, and when I got drafted, I was like, well that's cool, but like I didn't know much about the city.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, can you explain, like what when you got drafted, Like were you scared or like, this is this place that I've never been. I didn't really know like existed, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was it was cool because I mean I didn't know much about Memphis, like I said, but like I knew Spanish players had been there and we've it has like the Spanish back background or whatever. So I was like, it's cool because at least people will know like Spanish culture in some type of way.
Speaker 2: So I was more relieved in that sense.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was definitely definitely weird going to somewhere I had never even like been to or like heard of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that's crazy. So now let's move on to you and your NBA career. What was your welcome to the League moment?
Speaker 3: I mean probably I probably have a couple, but I would say my second year. That's really the first time I started playing like real minutes against the nets. It was like early on in the in like the season, and I had to guard KD for like four possessions, and literally he scored the four possessions. And I was like, you know, you tried to get players to shoot the mid range. Shock is probably like the least efficient, or that's what they say, but like, I mean, not with KD. Definitely, you try to deny him and make sure he doesn't touch the ball, and he just scored four straight. Coach ca all the time. I was like all right, Like I literally I remember asking one of my guys like, yo, what can I do.
Speaker 4: He's like nothing, nothing, yeah, and so okay.
Speaker 1: So a little birdie showed me a picture of you when I think you were about like ten or eleven maybe, and you took a picture with Derrick Rose, who is now your teammate on the Grizzlies. Like, can you take me through that, because I cannot imagine telling whatever eleven year old Saunty that that guy that you were taking a picture with as a fan is now your teammate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was crazy. And I remember when we signed him the first thing.
Speaker 2: I think. I think it was my mom or my aunt.
Speaker 3: They send it in the family group chat and I couldn't believe it because I look crazy, like super young. I was there with my cousin some friends, and I was really Derek, like, you know, there was the team USA in the Islands, and I showed it to Derek actually, and he thought it was super cool. But really, I mean at that moment, if you remember, I mean he definitely didn't remember, but he remembered being in Spain spending time there. But like, if you would have told me that day that I was going to be there one day, I would I would have thought you crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to use the term for my English class, which is foreshadowing because I noticed when I saw that picture, I was like, first off, that's crazy, like that's literally something written in the movie. And then we'll put the picture up. But a kid standing next to you is wearing a Steph Curry jersey, and I'm just just thinking about how cool that is. Not only the Derek Rosers in the photo, but that also like just shows how cool your progression was that he went from a fan all the way in Spain and now an NBA player here in America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like you said, it's pretty cool because I remember my first NBA jersey was Apocastault like Laker jersey, and I got to experience his retirement ceremony. So I mean that is like a full circle moment that it's crazy.
Speaker 2: To think about.
Speaker 1: And I know you're close with Pow. Can you take us through a little bit of your mentorship like type relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I haven't spoken with him that much, but like obviously, as a Spanish kid growing up, if you look up to someone, it's probably power and like he's one of the reasons I've enjoyed basketball so much. Obviously his time in the NBA, uh, you know, his Hispanish kid. You watch it as much as much as you can, but it's at like two three am, so it's not great sometimes that my mum will get mad at me if I tried to watch the NBA game. But obviously with the national team, he's he's one of the best ever and and just watching him every day was huge for me. And obviously getting to talk to him and meet him and then see everybody you know, praising him for his career as me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, that's so special. So earlier, I know you talked about how hard it was to guard KD. But I'm curious, who's the hardest player you've had to guard that was extremely unexpected?
Speaker 2: Unexpected?
Speaker 3: That's a tough one because I feel like if you're tough to guard, like you know it, you know it's tough.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Let me let me let me think.
Speaker 3: H I mean, I don't know if it's unexpected, but I'll say, like Steven Adams, like in practice, I remember my first day, I tried to box him out and he literally threw me to the ground.
Speaker 1: It's awkward, man, Like what can you do?
Speaker 3: I know, but he threw me to the ground. I'm like, you really didn't have to do that. It was first NBA practice. But he was like, yeah, welcome, and that's you're welcome to the league.
Speaker 1: Look at you answering questions from before, like going back, welcome to the league. Love it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's my question.
Speaker 1: We all know the movie Hustle right where Wancho Hernangomez stars in this movie directed by Lebron with Adam Sandler, Like this is a full on Hollywood production and they picked a Spanish basketball player to be the star. Did you try out for the movie and not get the part?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know when they started I was. I don't think I was in the NBA, But I don't know. I think he's probably better at the acting than I am. So so he got it, But.
Speaker 1: So you don't think you could have done it.
Speaker 3: I want to try one day. I want to act one day. But obviously I think he got that part. He did a good job.
Speaker 1: Hustle Part two for an Oscar. I can feel it. I can feel it. Okay, So I know you, right, we know you, we know your stats, but let us know a fun fact about you that we probably don't know.
Speaker 2: M that's a tough question.
Speaker 1: I asked tough questions. That's like Sloan nose, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I played golf, I played the office a kid. I mean, not a lot, just with my like my cousin, I was never good. I'm not good, but I'm really trying now and I want to. I want to get to a point where the day I retire, I'm good enough to like, like play like mid level tournaments.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's such high aspirations. Yeah, that's why I mean, clearly NBA players have done it. Like Steph's a really good golfer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really good. I don't know if you don't think you're going to reach that point.
Speaker 4: No, no, close enough, Okay, cool, I have faith in you. Maybe we'll I've never like really played, but maybe we'll like go out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you can do like a golf podcast.
Speaker 1: At that point, and that'd be great and you could be my first guests your career. Love it. Okay, can you name me your top three favorite American foods?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Probably burger that's the easiest. Wings, I'll say Old Bay Wings. That's like I heard its like from Maryland.
Speaker 1: Okay, not familiar, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I tried to have them somewhere else, but like they didn't have like in Maryland. I would like destroy them every day, and but I haven't found it ever, and I don't know I can give you a I couldn't even tell you it's fine.
Speaker 1: I feel like Americans like food is a weird cuisine because it's.
Speaker 2: Like just like that food, you know what, I probably like stealing.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yeah, exactly, Like we're in Spain, you guys have like legit cultural food here. It was just like McDonald's. Anyways. Wait, okay after a game because you like to eat late. Is there like a fast food place that you ever go to?
Speaker 2: Or No? No?
Speaker 3: No, If I were to do fast food after a game, I couldn't like play that or practice.
Speaker 2: Okay, tough schedule, it would be impossible, all right.
Speaker 1: So, like I've said many times, I'm sixteen, I'm in tenth grade, and Spanish is my worst subject by far. Obviously you're a native Spanish speaker, and so I need your help. Okay, you need to teach me Spanish because like I have a quiz next week, and like I may fail and that would be really bad, and then I'd probably blame you, and so I don't want to have to blame you. So I want you to teach me. Can you teach me how to say in Spanish? Steph Curry is the best point guard of all time?
Speaker 2: No, because you're clip there. That's going to come back to me whenever we play this.
Speaker 1: Okay, how will we say Santi is my favorite basketball player?
Speaker 2: Santi?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I did not get that. Okay, we need to go slurt Santi Santi sudor de Valencesto. Okay, by the way, you saw it pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good good. I know.
Speaker 1: So I'm bad at like speaking it, but I'm my accent's good. Wait now, teach me how to say Sloan Nose is the best podcaster ever.
Speaker 3: I'll say she has a bad posca there it just make sure. Yeah, Sloan Nose, DNA.
Speaker 1: Sloan Nose DNA, podcast el podcastia, dela historia. Yeah, I love its Auntie.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, that was such a bad Hi five.
Speaker 1: There we go. I'm getting a hundred on my quiz. Next up, I want to go through Grizzlies superlatives. So this may be an American thing. I don't know your high school's Canterbury Academy, right, yeah, look at me, just slow nose. Okay, anyways, but this is probably an American thing. But in our yearbooks we have high school superlatives, so it's like funniest member of the class, et cetera. And so I want to do this with you, but with the Grizzlies. Okay, So who is the best cook on the team?
Speaker 2: Best cook? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I haven't tried anybody's food, but I'll say probably Beiz. He seems like a like a doude that knows.
Speaker 1: Good food, just saying, Okay, who would you want to be your stylist?
Speaker 3: Probably Jared, he loves that. And anytime I walk in with a cool outfit, he'll just start recording me and stuff.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god, your league fits feature once Jaron styles. Yeah, yeah, for sure, Okay, love it. You have one phone call to save your life? Who do you call? And why?
Speaker 3: I'll say, I'll say John con okay, and why I think it's reliable.
Speaker 1: Reliable.
Speaker 2: He's goofy sometimes, but he'll pick up the phone.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Okay. Now does the team have a group chat? And if so, who on it texts the most?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We do, and I think it's probably Marcus and it's not even close.
Speaker 1: Really and pre Marcus who texted on it the most?
Speaker 2: Pre Marcus, I don't know, probably like Brandon, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And is there a fun name or is it just like Grizzlies gang on gang only love it?
Speaker 4: I should be at it?
Speaker 2: You want to be there? Yeah, because like.
Speaker 1: I'm part of the gang, right, I mean, we we're best friends now, so.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, but you're not a Grizzlies fan.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'm a Warriors fan. That's true, but I have to say that, like I've always been not when you guys play the Warriors like never, but I've always been in support of what the Grizzlies are doing. Do you know what I mean? Like Warriors over everything.
Speaker 2: But I've always liked Yeah, but after what happened two years ago, on.
Speaker 1: Ok, you can, we'll just make a new group chat. I'll just be out the Warriors group Chat's man Garuba, you know he canna be my new face.
Speaker 2: He'll probably yeah, we can't do.
Speaker 4: It on the team bus. Who gets the.
Speaker 2: Ox uh Brandon brand?
Speaker 1: Okay, why not you?
Speaker 3: I don't think they like my music, even though I've I've started running an experiment with like rpts and it's like whenever I put like bad Bunny music on, they'll keep it going.
Speaker 2: They won't change it, which is good.
Speaker 1: I like Bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: If I put anything else, they'll change.
Speaker 1: What is Brandon play like?
Speaker 3: He plays all types of music like. He has the widest range for sure, not not necessarily a good thing, but he he loves NBA Young Boy and like uh some other rappers, but NBA Young Boys like his go.
Speaker 2: To for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you like i'my a young boy.
Speaker 3: Uh, I've it started growing on me because because now I've heard of.
Speaker 2: Someone played bad Bunny but no, but I know like four.
Speaker 3: Or five songs, like I know the whole song because yeah, I heard it so many times.
Speaker 2: So it's growing on me.
Speaker 1: Brandon, you need to switch it up. Who on the team could play another sport professionally? And you can't say yourself?
Speaker 2: Uh, probably David Roddy what sport? Football? Apparently it was pretty good at football, and he just jokes.
Speaker 1: The way this was a perfect opportunity for you, even though he said not yourself. If then said that you could have been like you with.
Speaker 2: Golf, but yeah, but that'd be lying.
Speaker 1: But okay, all right, So you're obviously a superstar from Spain, and we've seen many superstars coming out from Spain. Who who was next up coming out of Swain?
Speaker 2: We actually have a great group of young guys.
Speaker 3: And I hate to do it because when I was like in their spy and like people saying, you know, I was next up? Just like obviously it's you know, we got is Almansa with Julie Ignite. He's pretty good. I like mad A Ucla Baba Miller at Florida State. So we have a lot of good names and you know, we got some more europe Like, it's about time, and I think in like two three years they'll be they'll be with us and hopefully in the NBA, but for sure with the national Yeah.
Speaker 1: And do you do you take that upon yourself to sort of reach out to them and help them with this process?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I've had older players reach out to me in different points of my career and that's huge obviously because you see guys that have the experience and obviously having my dad too that that's helped me. So anything I can help them with, it's It's something I tried to take probably on because I know I'm not as outgoing sometimes, but I want to make sure they know they got my number for it.
Speaker 1: They need love that. So I know you're only seven in two thousand and eight, but do you remember anything from the two thousand and eight Olympics that featured the infamous Kobe running through.
Speaker 3: Pow Yeah, yeah, I've heard that story. It's kind of crazy. I don't remember the two thousand and eight once that much though, like twenty twelve, that's very vivid, but like two thousand and eight is like, so I remember losing and the pain I felt that day, But yeah, I've watched the game bag for sure, and then I've seen that clip and it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Jaw has done some pretty incredible things in NBA games, like some insane House of Highlights type moments. Is there anything that he's done in practice that you were like, that's just I've never seen someone like that.
Speaker 3: I just feel like whenever he does his thing, because it's like it's different every single time. Yeah, so in practice it's similar. I remember same thing. First practice he jumped from outside the paying two feet and like I was gonna jump, but I just had to move because I was like, it's the first day.
Speaker 2: He just jumped right over. I'm like, oh all right.
Speaker 3: So anything like all the hangtime stuff he does in games, like he tries that in practice and it's it's it's impressive because I remember walling up against him one of the first times guarding him and then he like, I jumped, I hit him, I fell and then he was still in the air and then he made the legs.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's it's pretty hard to guard him.
Speaker 1: Is there any players for you that you see them like coming at you and you're like, I'm not jumping with them, Like I don't want to be put on a poster right now. I can't do this, and you just like or you're just going at it every time and you just like think you can block them.
Speaker 3: I mean, it depends. If I'm early enough, I'll jump with everybody. But there's there's some players where it's like I mean with Wemby last game, I jumped, tried to hit them. I actually hit him in the arm. They didn't call it, so it was good, but but I hit them. I'm like, well, I hit him in the elbow and he jumped, so it's like I wasn't reaching them, but I tried.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I feel like that's also impossible, like technically, like when you're playing Wemmy, like you're technically short, Like that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: It feels terrible and my I think this was actually my rookie year. I had to guard Boban like he came out, he came in the game and then I had to guard him and I got a rebound right here and like he like took it over, I was like, well, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Can't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Insane. So the last segment of this podcast is trivia. Okay, so it's trivia all about you, Santy and just sort of your life, your team, things regarding you.
Speaker 4: But it's very difficult.
Speaker 1: You will be the first player that we have this new implemented point system with because people get really excited and you know, DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul were like texting about who got the best score.
Speaker 4: So feel free to like join in on that.
Speaker 1: We can also make a group chat, but it gets very competitive, and I will grade you and there's no complaining. I don't curve grades, I don't switch it. So be a good sport, please, but just get ready for the challenge. Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Do I have scores already?
Speaker 4: Well, so you're the first player who as like a real score.
Speaker 1: But just so you know, no one has ever actually really gotten the answer right, So like people have gotten like close enough, but right has never really happened, so you may I have faith that you'll be first. Okay, Okay, so you are twenty two years old. Name the three other twenty two year olds on the Grizzlies.
Speaker 3: Alright, desire, Yes, Roddy and Jake Okay, off.
Speaker 1: To a huge start. That is a two points nailed it. That's what it says. Okay, love it. How many seven footers are currently in the NBA?
Speaker 2: Do I count as the seven foot because.
Speaker 1: They got me a six, they have you a six eleven, but I'm counting you, yeah, and I'll say ten very far off, so I'm gonna let you get one more.
Speaker 2: Try twenty two.
Speaker 1: Close. Well, so I have here twenty nine, but if you I'm gonnaccount used and then that's thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just feel like some people got seven foot written down and I'm tader than them, and then.
Speaker 1: It's all crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm fighting for them to give me.
Speaker 1: So there's some like high inflation going on there at this point. If I was in the NBA, I could like call myself six foot and I'm very clearly five four.
Speaker 2: I think after my fifth year they'll give me this.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, because you're just gonna grow randomly at twenty five.
Speaker 3: I mean I actually grew from my rookiear to my second year and I'm seven feet.
Speaker 2: But they haven't good.
Speaker 1: Okay, NBA, you heard it here, he wrote, So that was like, unfortunately, like a zero that was nowhere close. I gave you the like second question, but pen was pretty far. So you're you're at two right now, two points. This is more of a bonus. But who are the two tallest players in the NBA and they're tied. They're the same.
Speaker 2: Height, So Wemby and Bobo.
Speaker 1: Maybe yes, Okay, I feel like that would have been much harder if we hadn't just like randomly talked about it. The second we started talking about Wemby, I was like, oh god, now I'm gonna give it to him. But when I read that stat like, I don't think of Wemby and Boba like I think of one me being so much taller than Ban because he's so much skinnier, you know what I mean. So it's like funny to think that they're like the same vipe. Anyways, next question, your career high is twenty eight points. What team did you score this against?
Speaker 2: Celtics?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't give you two questions whatever, okay too, So right now you're at oh no, oh my god, you're at six.
Speaker 2: That good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think anyone's ever beat that, so wow, Yeah, scoring Okay, well whatever, I don't that's still very impressive. But now I need to like make the questions start. You were drafted thirtieth. Who was drafted twenty ninth?
Speaker 2: Oh? This?
Speaker 3: Maybe I know they are in sharp? Yeah that's great. I knew it was, I didn't know who it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, so eight, which I don't know what that even means at this point. Eight?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay huge? Okay. Who led the twenty twenty three FIBA World Cup Spayton team in point per game?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's me or Billy? Is it Billy Willy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, okay, Now this is I'm giving you this as a bonus because I read this the other day. I don't even have this written down. When you played in the U eighteen FIBA European Championship, which you were the MVP, and it's like who averaged the most rebounds per game for the Spain national team? Yeah, okay, okay, you're just too good.
Speaker 3: I was truggling with somebody about it, like probably like a month ago, so I looked it up.
Speaker 1: And I sung, like, there's like a whole graphic like I loved it. Okay, wait, so you got Willy, So, oh my god, you're okay, you're ten. You're at ten. Okay, now this is the last question. I'm really embarrassed. I gave you way too easy questions. Next time, we're doing this so much harder.
Speaker 2: You got to put me first.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, whatever? Can you name the top five best teams by rankings in the Feeble World rankings.
Speaker 2: And like the rank yes, like in the World.
Speaker 1: Rankings one through in order I'm doing. I'm giving you the in order because you were a cheat code and you are too smart. Maybe okay, this is why you went to Loyola Maryland?
Speaker 4: Can you because you want to get that to Greeks?
Speaker 1: You're so smart?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I don't. I don't have it yet, So.
Speaker 4: I'm like half okay, whatever, close enough we get the Okay.
Speaker 3: So the US is first, Spain a second, Serbia's third. No, Germany, Yeah, Germany's third, Serbia fourth, No, oh my god, kind of this fourth?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not giving you a hand. You've done too well. It's like when the teacher when the kid asked too many questions, They're like, no, I'm not answering, No, who's fourth?
Speaker 2: Any of the teams? I mentioned. Are they fifth? Yes, it's the fifth?
Speaker 3: Yes, fourth missing I must be I must be missing somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a This is like a basketball head question. Kyrie Irving was born in.
Speaker 2: This How damn miss Australia.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so I don't know. Okay, I'm gonna give you like zero point five for that. That was pretty bad like that like took you a lot of so so your final was ten point five. That's like amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Wow, so smart? Love it well, Santi now that you're the smartest player I've ever had on this podcast. Thank you so much. This was so much fun and I loved having you on.
Speaker 2: Yep. Thank you for having me. It's been great and I'm number one.
Speaker 4: On the leader Wow, big time. You deserve a prize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think about it.
Speaker 3: I will not a Stepberd Jersey.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. You can get links to my socials and see behind the scenes front from Santi and I in the show notes, or just search at Sloan Nose on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Remember that's Sun with me from jam Street Media.