Speaker 1: Hey there, folks.
Speaker 2: In today's Love Stories series, a couple that's been together over a decade and we can't believe it, not after you hear how he dumped her years ago. Welcome to this special Cuffing season edition of Amy and TJ. Robes. This was one folks are gonna hear here in a minute. But I've heard of some breakup stories. This is worse than texting a breakup.
Speaker 3: It's so bad that I can't believe that they've now been married for seven years.
Speaker 1: Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about a beloved couple, a couple that I know most of you have seen on the Ballroom Dancing with the Stars, Peter Murgatroyd and Max Schmerkowsky.
Speaker 1: They actually met on Broadway.
Speaker 3: But they started dating when they were on Dancing with the Stars, and then they stopped dating while they were on Dancing with the Stars, which is never fun because that's why people say you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I can't say what they say.
Speaker 2: What do they say?
Speaker 1: They say you shouldn't poop where you eat?
Speaker 2: Is that what they say? I thought it was Pen and Company, inc.
Speaker 1: Oho.
Speaker 2: Oh god. What we're trying to say is you're not supposed to date people at work. We certainly would be advocates of that policy. You should never ever, under any circumstance days somebody work. But it ended up working out for them. But you said they broke up for a little while, and it's one of the stories or one of the questions we've asked the couples in our series, asking about how close they've gotten the breaking up, But they actually broke up, and he did it in a way that I think the video will show both of our jaws is.
Speaker 1: We're dropped, it's true.
Speaker 3: But to hear how far they've come and once they committed or recommitted back to one another, it's so cool to hear how they operate with their three kids. In fact, they're so busy they actually had to do this interview you're about to hear in their closet, and that's how we begin our interview with Max and Peter. Peter and Max, so good to see both of you coming to us from your closet. I love it. I just love seeing your faces. But it's especially fun to see where you are right now.
Speaker 4: Thank you, it's so nice to be here. Thank you so much for having us this is going to be really fun.
Speaker 1: You will you say that now?
Speaker 5: Welcome to the closet. Welcome. Yeah, this is definitely space we spend the most time, and if we decide to do any kind of business activity, I take calls here. Peter's office is literally right there.
Speaker 4: And hibernate here and I just shut the door from the babies.
Speaker 5: You know, it's excellent. But what a life? What a life?
Speaker 3: It's amazing, it's amazing. Those are all good problems to have. All right, we're going to launch right into our questions. So the first question we've asked all the couples is this, each of you, if you would use three words to describe your relationship right now?
Speaker 1: Peter, I'll go, I'll start with you.
Speaker 4: I got to think of some nice ones right now. Okay, I'm just gonna be really honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we listen and we don't.
Speaker 4: Stressful, Okay, three children, two babies, stressful, passionate. Can I say cohesive, like we're working together as a team.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Laughing at our answers.
Speaker 5: The answers, there's no. I don't think there's right answer is no. I think I think my first word was and this is describing our relationship, you know, not like our life and the setup in the situation. But the first one I felt some reason, I was busy. You know, we've never been I've never felt that way with us. It was always just the two of us, and then the three of us for for a while, and then yeah, for six years we just had shy and it was incredible, oop and down know that, and then bam, bam, now we have a kindergarten. But you know, the other two is I would say, I would say, for some reason, we're fighting, but not in a way of fighting each other, but in the form of I just don't know vernacular, you know, English second language, but in the court of like fighting for this because I found that now we have a lot of distractions and we find ourselves to like we are fighting to make sure that we you know, we still us do.
Speaker 4: Our date nights and we try to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the last one is loving because at the end of it all, even the frame fight, you know, the little cuddle, the little foot touch, you know, it's all I need and we both kind of on the same wavelength, like listen, I don't want to talk to you, but can I feed touch No.
Speaker 1: Literally, I totally get that.
Speaker 4: If we've just had like some tea or something and we go to bed, I'll feel the foot just slowly come in and touch my toe and I'm like, oh, okay, here we go. Yes, and then we roll over and have a kiss and we're good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But last night she did the thing and I was like, that's it. That's where I draw a line is when she goes above the sheet and I and they need the sheet and she's already sleeping and I'm trying to the foot and the sheet between us. Yesterday I was like, No, that's it. I can do it. I rolled over and I went to bed.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a question on the list about fighting, and you all have answered like question about intimate touch, all these others already.
Speaker 4: We can elaborate.
Speaker 2: All right, next question here for you guys. And we had to take it back back to the beginning. Was there immediate chemistry when you first met.
Speaker 4: No, because we were in different relationships at the time. He was engaged. I was with a long term boyfriend. So when we met, it was very much high on Peter Heim. I'm Max. He we met on Broadway. He came to be headline our show, which.
Speaker 5: Did you just say the word? I came to be the star of the show.
Speaker 4: Do you see what I'm dealing with?
Speaker 5: Is why she immediately disliked me very much. She was like, this guy walked in, who does he think he is brought? Not?
Speaker 4: She was the list. It was very, very cordial, very workplace environment. It wasn't anything. There was nothing on the radar. But again until he came back and he was single. When he came back again to do another stint with our show, I was still with my relationship. But I crack.
Speaker 5: He cracks, I started, I have, I have, I have contributed to some cracks.
Speaker 4: There were some cracks.
Speaker 5: Every time I had a pr event to promote the show, they'd be like, well, who do you want to take? And it was a cast of like twenty four incredible dances and you're like, yet the blonde one. What's her name again?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Make sure that's like, of course I don't know her anything. Yeah, So yeah, there was definitely attraction and.
Speaker 4: Not in the beginning, that's what they're asking.
Speaker 5: Well again, deep inside possibly probably you know.
Speaker 4: Because not from me.
Speaker 5: As soon as I got single and there was a lot of options and for some reason, a lot of.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he was the star of the show. He had a lot of options.
Speaker 5: I'm all for two here with the way she presents us.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing, all right. Next question, who' said I love you first?
Speaker 4: Well, we were dating for about maybe four or five months when we wanted to. We both wanted to say it, and I remember we made up a phrase called just we just said pickles to one another, which is so random, but we use the word pickles to sign off on a text or to say Okay, have a great day pickles. Because we didn't really want to say it because it was really early.
Speaker 5: But I was definitely but he was the first one. I'm one thousand percent more emotional in those type of things in our relationships, So you know, I would have said it first. I would have thought it first. I would have wanted to say it first.
Speaker 4: Actually I screenshot all my texts from back in the day, of course, just to like paper trail. Yeah, paper trail.
Speaker 1: He he was.
Speaker 4: The first one to say I want to I want to marry you. You know, this is where we're going to get married. And and then he dumped me like five months later.
Speaker 5: We broke up. Yeah, but that's what men do when they're in love. They run. We we I've acted on this, you know, primeval emotion. It was like, oh my god, what is this that I'm feeling my closet, all her stuff, and I'm like, it was very jarring for me to see that. You know, it used to be an empty space.
Speaker 3: Now it's just like, well, wait, so you broke up because you you're in the closet.
Speaker 4: Freaked you out?
Speaker 5: No, I think I think it was the fact that I knew she was the one, and you know, I did the thing that all stupid men do is we're just like, yeah, cofeet And I remember was the dumbest breakup ever.
Speaker 4: And I had just bought him an eight thousand dollars Louis Veiton's suitcase.
Speaker 5: Irresponsible, I would say, this is respons my children, but you.
Speaker 4: Have to realize how crazy that was. I gave it. No, I was just like, we were so in love and there was no reason for us to break up anytime soon. And then literally five days.
Speaker 5: Later, I was so in love. There's no reason for expensive presents. It's you know what I'm saying, My love is what it was. And then bam. You put me in the spot though I wanted to break up and I was like not. She brought me the sting I wanted for a couple.
Speaker 4: Of days later.
Speaker 5: And I drove her to the airport she was flying to l A. I brove her. Today she hasn't I haven't said a word. This is true story. She's now at the airport, she's like nothing, she's the check in. I walked with her nothing security line. This is now where we have to part ways. And as soon as she's behind the rope, I'm like, let's just you know, let's just give it time. Let's just do this. And I did.
Speaker 4: No. He said go do you boom, just go do you for a second, I'm like, oh, okay, yeah. It was. It was terrible. It was terrible.
Speaker 3: That's almost like an in person way of breaking up over text, Like you waited till she was on the other side.
Speaker 5: No, this is this is worse because she can't even text me. She got on the plane and got no reception, so this is like she had six six and a half hour flight to think about all this.
Speaker 4: It was terrible.
Speaker 5: It was horrible, really bad.
Speaker 1: Why did you take him back?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Because she came back groveling just at my feet, just kind of live without you. I don't know, but well, like please please, you know, like.
Speaker 5: That, okay, just slowly.
Speaker 4: The reason why I knew he was this was just a phase. It was just a thing he was going through, was because on the way to the airport, he said to me, why did you pack up all of your things? Why did you take all the suitcases with you? And I'm like, well, you're breaking up with me, right, why would I.
Speaker 5: The suitcase?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: He was just like, you're so black and white? Why would you take everything from the house? And I was like, wait a second, do you still want me there? Partially like it was, it was so strange, and that's how you know. I was just like, Okay, this guy is just going through something. Let's give it a second. Yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: Kind of you two be that patient with him and recognize that is love. And I have to ask, where is that eight thousand dollars Louis Vuitton suitcase today? Whatever happened to it?
Speaker 4: It's in storage right now.
Speaker 5: It exists, It existed.
Speaker 4: I never get rid of it. I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you mean it's mine to get I did not we could have given it that I didn't want to because I clearly didn't feel like this was going to be forever.
Speaker 3: All right, So this might you kind of given a little bit of the timeline here, But how long did you date before you got engaged? And then how long were you engaged before you actually got married?
Speaker 4: So we dated first for that year, and then we broke up for like a year and a half, got back together fully back together in two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: For a year and a half. Yeah, oh wow, I thought it was like nine months.
Speaker 4: No, it was a little bit longer, though it.
Speaker 5: Felt really fast.
Speaker 4: Twenty fourteen, we got back together, and then you proposed to me two thy fifteen, in December, so it was like a year and two months because.
Speaker 1: After you already got back together.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're in two months that we've been back together he proposed. And then what was the next.
Speaker 1: Question when you got married? How long were you engaged?
Speaker 4: We were we got married seventeen July eighth.
Speaker 5: I remember these things. Peter doesn't remember when I proposed. She's like, she just said it because she knew that. I was like, I was listening, But it's so funny.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, so that was quick because and I wasn't expecting it. I never said, hey, once we're back together, you need to put a ring on my finger.
Speaker 5: That was I would never I've never gone back together any anywhere or back to anything. Like if I walk out, I'm out. And it wasn't just relationships, just you know, you know, I think it's my You know, you made up your mind. If you go back on it, well then why were you making up your mind to begin with. You didn't give it enough thought, blah blah blah. So I'm like, they're this captain, and so for me to come back was like you coming back forever. And that's that period of time. I was like, oh my god, this is forever. Let me break up and see if it's real, you know, And I think that that's what it was. And I immediately as soon as we broke up, I wanted her back. You know. The the year and a half that she says it was, like I said to me, was so so much less because there was a period of time that we stayed away, but then we started bumping into each other in our friends' houses and not you know, it's it was we did not want to let each other go, so we always knew when I got back together with her. For me, it was a matter of like, why can't I do right now? Why do I have to wait? Because I'm already back with that person. That means I'm here forever, you know. And so for me this you know, it was an immediate yes. And also yesterday eight year old was like money, wait, I was born in January and your waiting was in July. And so he talked these questions.
Speaker 4: Like to get married first, that we.
Speaker 5: Go to school in La Bro. We're not We're not going to talk.
Speaker 2: Our next question. Here has been interesting to hear some of the range of answers. But why for you all was it important to be married? How would things have been different if you decided to continue your relationship without having it official, without having the government stamp if you will.
Speaker 4: It's funny. Once we had Shy in January twenty seventeen, I felt like he was all of our focus, our friends and family and Max I feel like we're very much pushing for us to get married because they they felt like, if we don't do it now, we're never going to do it. We're just going to stay engaged and have more children and stuff is that flying around my head? So I was, I said in March. I remember, I was like, can we just stop all this wedding planning? Like I am overwhelmed. I am three months postpartum, I'm working on Dancing with the Stars, like I can't take.
Speaker 5: Any more going on to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was very overwhelmed. And then everyone's like, no, we're getting married. We're going to Long Island and we're getting married in a castle. Peter, what type of hoopa do you want? What type of roses?
Speaker 5: And I'm just like, that's how you fell.
Speaker 4: I did. I felt it was very suffocating and as much as it was an amazing day and you know, it turned out beautiful and everything we ever wanted it was, it was a lot. And I personally I could have not been married and been happy.
Speaker 5: I don't know she was. She should have said that, because then then, you know, my thing was like we second we met was like we're gonna get married. There there was a whole castle and then and and it was a you know, pig place. It was amazing, and you know, I felt that there is a dream, you know scenario, and I felt like a girl and Peter is that girl? You know, the dress and the beautiful scenario, you know, celebration and all of that stuff. And I wanted, honestly, honest to be you know, I wanted to give it to her. I wanted her to have that. You know, this in spite of our incredibly busy schedules, and in spite of the fact that we're already you know, we started that family, were already had a kid and all that. But listen, you know, if I if personally, if I were to do it all over again, I'd probably do it the same way. You know, spend way too much money and you know, be that that that that couple that did that thing. You know, didn't have to do it, you know. But we also didn't have a honeymoon. We've never gone away or anything. We we we had a show, a season, a tour, a tour, bus and the season again, then banged wedding, then bang back on the show bank you know, doing We kind of did the wedding as like part of part of our yearly schedule, you know, so we never got to focus on it and all that. So we have these beautiful, gorgeous memories, photos, videos. I'm holding onto that, but like you said, you blink, and we're coming up, and you know it's gonna be a ten year anniversary in two years, and I'm like, I just can't believe that it's been almost a decade already.
Speaker 2: Are here right? You'll never took a honeymoon?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 4: Still none?
Speaker 2: Is it only agenda? Can you fit it into a schedule? Is it only? Are you over it now?
Speaker 5: We can we stop having babies?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We're now like, okay, this summer, I'm not getting pregnant. We are going away. We're hopefully hopefully got a plan like a europe trip. That's okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that's possible, but.
Speaker 1: Put it on the division board for now.
Speaker 5: It's more than fact that, like you travel with kids, it's like the same thing, but in a different country, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So and more expensive. Oh I get it. Is there a nage difference between the two of you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Who's older?
Speaker 5: Two times? Thank you? I mean people keep thinking keep coming.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, well I guess no, but.
Speaker 5: I like it with my brother. It's the same thing with Val. Now. You know, there was a period of time when Val was like no, I'm also old, big and you know, but now he's like, no, he doesn't like it when people are like which one of years older again?
Speaker 1: Exactly. Oh, I know, you get to a certain point. It's not what you want to talk about, all right. We've asked everybody this. Feel free to answer it.
Speaker 3: How you choose, how would you describe your sex life and how has it changed over the years.
Speaker 5: It's like, mister and missus Smith, what's that sex question? Sex question?
Speaker 4: I mean, passionate comes to mind. First. I don't think we've ever had like, we've never had a bad moment in our sex life or anything. We've had lull moments of like after pregnancy and you know, postpartum and stuff like that where I feel terrible about myself or just feel not sexy in myself and it takes me a little second to get back. But we've always had that spark for me, We've always had that chemistry and we never it's never been lacking.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just very attracted to her, so that that part's is, you know, and I've been attracted to her through all these stages. It's something about that type of I guess maybe a couple and that type of as they say, chemistry. You know, it's not just metaphor for some thing. I think there is a chemistry. I think you are you know, connected, when you are connected the right way. I think that those things are prevalent too, you know. I'm just again, when she's around, I'm attracted to her. I'm attracted to her the shoulder, the ankle, you know a lot of things. And so for me, there's always been a lot of like, you know, there's something else to look forward to. It doesn't she doesn't need to always be you know, eight pack and this sort of like superstar athlete in this sort of like the peak of her conditioning coming off of Dancing with the Star's tour. Right. No, I'm just I love Peter, you know, and and there's more to it than just you know, physical presence. So also there's a lot of gorgeous and beautiful things that the woman goes through through the pregnancy. Having said that, that period afterwards it is confusing because then you feel like, well, wait a minute, you know, are you not attracted to me? And so there's that there needs to be that communication because I'm like, shit, now I got to go do more crinch isn't like being the gym because she doesn't like me anymore, blah blah blah. So you know, but there's a period of time when she's not about that and you know rightfully, so there's a different attachment. Then there's a different man, you know, with Shy, I had to realize that there's another dude in the house, you know. Now I don't feel that way now. I feel like we we understand what we all are. But again, it's about this chemistry. As long as this chemistry is intact, everything else going to work out.
Speaker 4: I will say, though, I feel like the longer you wait in the sex life, like you know, they say, don't go two weeks without having sex, so don't go three days without having sex or something.
Speaker 5: It's I don't say that, but I really do think.
Speaker 4: It affects us. You know. I feel like he's more tense, he gets more like agitated with things or stressed, you know what I mean. And when there's more sex, there's more love, there's more a joy, there's more lightheartedness.
Speaker 5: You know, I would I wouldn't say it's for the lack off and you get I think it's when you are in that sort of agitated state because of the outside stuff or even the inside stuff we don't see. I try about some unrelated to sex things you know you have to be able to. I mean it's sex can fix that, you know, it can also fit the same page. And you walk off and like, what was that about? Like, okay, by the way, I thought of a new idea maybe that you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We have to tell you all. That is the most detailed, psychologically sound sex answer we've gotten from any couple.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I thought were.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it.
Speaker 5: I mean we also didn't get into specifics so about the hips and we don't have to.
Speaker 1: Yes, two professional dancers, I'm sure you guys.
Speaker 4: But in terms of how much it's changed, honestly, it's just be honest, it's just less because of children. But we don't don't have six hours a day to stay in bed anymore.
Speaker 5: But better in quality. Yeah, you know, so with the quantities nights. There's no marathons for.
Speaker 4: Now, there's no sex marathons.
Speaker 5: No, but a couple of times somebody came in knocking, shy walked in. It was just it.
Speaker 4: Sounds a disaster. There's one time that is a disaster.
Speaker 5: She jumped, I don't.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we won't go.
Speaker 5: She jumped across the room. I'd never seen like across the room. I'm like, I don't knowsed. I was like, whoa guys like with blank like mummy, mummy, he.
Speaker 4: Said, He said, Mummy, you sound like daddy's hurting.
Speaker 5: You sound like, oh my god, this is terrible.
Speaker 4: You're sorry, that's terrible.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's so relatable. I mean, everybody has a story that is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Well, the next question here is something you'll actually allude it to earlier talking about the toes, the feet touching in bed. But how important, I mean, aside from sex, is physical touch to you all? Do you just you walk down the street holding hands? Do you find yourselves always kind of finding a way to rub up against each other.
Speaker 4: If you will, Yes, he we are both. That's part of our love language. But he particularly is like this all day and I have to do one of these ones or he gets mad at me, he thinks that or something.
Speaker 5: So I don't understand. If I'm already committed, right and you know, there's the only source of that that I have, why can't I have access to the source don't I have like a key entry level, like it's a club for one, it's a free.
Speaker 4: Kissed off during the day or so.
Speaker 5: But that's not fair because that cannot come with like, look, you cannot have other sources, right, That's the only one you've got. But sometimes you can come and the door is locked. I'm like, okay, but that's not you know, I just want I just so all the time.
Speaker 4: We love holding hands and touching.
Speaker 1: That's sweet. That's sweet. I love that all work.
Speaker 3: Conversely, you guys are very fun and it feels like you've got a really healthy back and forth, Like you you know how to fight, but you know how to not even fight, but argue through communication, like you can tell and humor. Yeah, but how often do you fight? And is there something that you fight about the most?
Speaker 5: Yes? We fight mostly about kids eating. Okay, I can't I have, I have, I have probably something in my past I have. I need therapy for the way I was brought up for sure. I come from yours. So Sar I was born nineteen eighty, very to like twenty year old a couple of twenty year old. Literally they were twenty and they you know, right now, I'm thinking about this. I'm like, can you imagine if we were twenty and headed and headshy? It's just impossible to even think about that. So I believe that there was some The way I was brought up was very instinctually fundamental basic, right. This is it's meat, fish, chicken, soup. You know this that hot food once a day because it's good for the digestive track and probiotics and some this and some. I mean, I can go on and it's insane. It's coming out of my pores. I can't help it, right, So I'm looking at this and Peter comes from a completely opposite side of the world. Yes, she comes from a world where they work their foot and free and he eat when they eat banana and they're it's a chicken, and here's a soup. And here I grow up with much.
Speaker 4: Try everything on your plate. But you don't have to finish every.
Speaker 5: I grew up with. If you don't finish, you.
Speaker 4: Don't you did, You're dead.
Speaker 5: To me, there's consequence, you know.
Speaker 3: That's how I was raised backs like seriously, second generation. They were Germany Germans like, very strict, very similar.
Speaker 2: My parents are from the South. We brought up that I've had standoffs with my parents all night. You ain't getting up from that table until you finish your dinner.
Speaker 5: My brother Val, the superstar champ father on his he had soup on his head plainy a time because he'd actually talk back, you know. The second kid whatever, I never go back, you know, I would just take it and like be silent. He's like, well, what are you gonna do? She'd like soup on the head, you know. So, I mean there was a drastically different environment. We only fight about the kids. But again now eight years later.
Speaker 4: Because research shows if you're trying to force food on children and you make them sit, even if they're trying and screaming, it doesn't do any good. That's what I have come to learn, as in that makes them not want to eat it more. You know, why don't you give them a little bit to taste it and you don't have to force them to eat the whole thing anyway.
Speaker 5: And I come to you as a research of like this is this is the body that it produces, And I'm like, this is a great, great body. How do I do that? You know what? I know a way that is guaranteed. It's this this way I am not sure. If he goes down, it's like, pop, I want I want ice cream. It's like seven thirty in the morning, even, I mean, it has to be like Santa is on our roof, you know what I mean? Like, okay, you know, but other than that, she looks at me and I'm like steam coming on my ears, like yes, of course, shy, you can't. And everything inside of me is just but I don't get it. Why would you have ice cream for breakfast? Why not protein? Protein?
Speaker 4: Sometimes you're exaggerating right now, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm not. I'm just saying that's the only everything else. We don't fight, we you know.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. This has got to get settled though. At some point, this guy, what's the compromise then if you've all been going through this.
Speaker 4: Fourth all the time. Because she's like, am I done yet? Papa like, and I'm like, yes, baby, you're done. He's so nervous if Papa's gonna say no, finish all of this.
Speaker 5: And then I'm like inside my mind and in my heart, I'm like, yo, shut up at you. At myself, I'm like, he's eating three quarters, He's completely fine.
Speaker 4: I come up.
Speaker 5: I look at his plate and I'm like, and I can't. I'm like, here, let's do two more spoons. Why I don't understand myself.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, though, Max, I so relate to that.
Speaker 3: I had the timer set on me, and if it buzzed then then I would lose, Like I couldn't go out on Friday. Then I couldn't see my friends Saturday. And my days of grounding we just add up to weeks because if I didn't finish.
Speaker 1: But it's funny. We feel like we have to then impose that on our children too.
Speaker 2: But to Peter's point, to your point about research that kids don't end up liking that stuff, I am a grown man. I don't eat a single damn thing that I ate when I was growing up as a kid. Really, to my diet is nothing like it. Well no, I'm from the South and it's a different type of but nothing I ate as a kid do I eat today. So maybe there's something to.
Speaker 5: The research, Maybe not the research type.
Speaker 2: All right, how about this, guys? You fight about the food, but a lot of couples go back and forth on this. Do you go to bed angry? Do you make a point of making sure you don't sometimes we.
Speaker 4: Go to bit angry, yeah, because I don't know. I think I find it hard if he said something to piss me off during the day, or he's done something I don't know. I'm not the one to like come back first. I don't think unless I know that I've had a part of it, or that I've done I've said something I shouldn't or you know. So, yeah, there's definitely times that we go to bed angry, but the food comes in and that's when it kind of foot me together.
Speaker 5: So I think we're fundamentally different in this way. Also where you know, when she fights, it's like we walk up in the morning and I don't know it's for me. Monday morning something happens. Mentally I am a nightmare to her, to me to like, I'm just a nightmare for about two hours and then I go work out and something changes. For the rest of the week, I'm fine, but Monday morning stresses.
Speaker 4: It's just like a Monday morning stress thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know ever since pandemics, something happen. But anyway, so like I go out and make coffee and something in shy it's like I wan cereal, I'm like, no, Dwight, would you have cereal again? You need hearty breakfast some nonsense like that, right, and then she would react and she will and then she just turns off and I'm like and then six seconds later I come up to her and I say hey, and she's like please, and I'm like, what what did I do? She's like, look, you ruined my day that sentence. You ruined my date. I'm like, at seven thirty eight, I pruned your day for me. I turned into like sir, I turned into like a Robert de Niro in Enraging Bull. I swear to god, I'm like seven thirty but I need hold what anyway? Fundamental difference between us is that I will fight and then immediately if we have a discussion, immediately right, I will then Okay, fine, let's keep it moving. That's it. We're done. I thought got my point across. You got your point across, black eyed, black Eye.
Speaker 4: I can't be My feelings are hurt.
Speaker 5: Bro, she'll be. She'll be pissed till tomorrow morning. And if you do it again, we will humilate. And I'm like, you know what, It's just, it's crazy, it's crazy. I don't understand how you going to be pissedel It's like seven hours. We can be pissed for seven minutes.
Speaker 1: It's exhausting to be pissed for seven hours.
Speaker 4: I think it's because in the morning, I want peace. I want the day to start beautifully. It's a Monday morning. I want everything to just roll on how it's meant to. Like, why do we need to talk about cereal or hot food right now? Give the child cereal for once? For God's sakes, you know he's fine. I grew up on cereal and toast, and you're like, he's fine. You know that's just my point.
Speaker 2: Okay, See it's this guy. I'll say this to Max and Robes. I said this. There are plenty on this thing. You will or I'll just speak for broths. She wants you to get over it quickly when she's the offending party, right, don't don't hurt me, don't pause the fight and then be upset with her, Yes for not getting it over getting over it quickly that you just started off.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, I for me, it's both ways. You can offend me to my core, but if we immediately have this duke it out, then you can move it. Just give me a hot I feel.
Speaker 1: The same way. I can. I can move on quickly. Even if you piss me off.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 3: I can't get over it because I actually funny enough if I'm gonna use the same thing you said, Peter.
Speaker 1: I want peace, and above all, I'm like life is short.
Speaker 3: I don't want to spend the next twenty four hours upset, so I am gonna let it go. I don't know, And yes, I know it's easier when I'm the one who's upset you for sure, But I do think I still do that when it's I might need I might need a little time, but I don't need seven hours.
Speaker 1: I don't need twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I might need the weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, do love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I love listening to couples where one of them is exactly the way I am, and then one of.
Speaker 1: Is exactly the way DJ is. It's hilarious. What do you love most about each other?
Speaker 4: I love his resilience and passion for providing for his family. He never stops. He's never stops with ideas and thinking about you know, the next five years, ten years, and he's a great planner, and I really appreciate that with about a partner. He's very strong willed. I like that too. I'm more of the softy So I it's our ying and Yang thing. I knew I was going to be with somebody that is more headstrong and opinionated and stuff like that. So they're the things that kind of pissed me off, but also the things that I love the most too.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, we're definitely ying and Yang. We definitely fully compliment that other. You know, there's a lot of stuff that we are now on the same page completely through life. We got here through you know, the right type of you know, understanding. Again, we're both very passionate first, we're not really pragmatic. We're pragmatic later. And so we get ourselves in trouble, but we get ourselves in trouble as a couple, and then we get ourselves out of trouble also as a couple. And in that there's a lot of strength, a lot of building. I think that we have a very strong foundation. Dare I say we you know, we are a couple of people from in public spotlight. That adds as you guys definitely know, uh, and so we're also proud of that the way we go through this, I feel like we have this sort of you know, not evil eye, but where I come from, my culture is all about you know, you know, superstitions and stuff like that when you're in public eye. A lot of time, my mom just praise all the time for us not to get like some kind of black voodoo and stuff. But that's relevant to a lot of people's energies get in the middle of you. And so for us to continue being this way.
Speaker 4: You haven't said what you love about me?
Speaker 5: Oh what? I love everything. She's She's literally the I'm sorry. I wanted to say, like, I love us. I love us for that reason, for the way we compliment, for the way you know, I don't have to be some things that she can take on and and we know that. Uh. And I'm free to be myself with her. There are certain things she wants me to change my facial expression when I express myself sometimes, I love you, I love everything. For the fact that the way your mother are children is number one. I wouldn't be with her if she was a different mother. It would have been very difficult to me. I grew up with an incredible mother, So that's very important, but I also love that above that, I am important to her and we are at the peak of that importance. If I didn't feel it from it would also be very difficult for me to have spent my life leading up to this point, fall in love with someone and then get sort of replaced by three off springs. You know, it'd be very hard for me to sort of deal with that for the rest of our life.
Speaker 2: You know, Max, you got away with words. Man, I love it. Brother.
Speaker 3: It's funny because Max, is that exactly what my parents said, that they put each other first. They put each other first above my brother and yeah, and they really believe that that is part of the reason why they've been successful.
Speaker 2: Still, it's hard to hear I.
Speaker 3: Heard it, but I get it, Like as this as the offspring, I've heard that.
Speaker 5: But it's harder to hear as later in life because we've never heard that. Our parents were like, it's all about the kids, kids, kids, kids, blah blah blah. Our mom had only been raising us. And then we did see how it's difficult for her to transition for them as a couple of you know, empty nestas as you said, a lot of people have a problems with that. I would love to be in the place where I definitely I'm going to miss my kids. Like I said, we've teared up over the fact that they're going to go to college. They're still under two. But we you know, when that happens, however, said, I'll be I'll turn back around and it'll be back to us again, you know, And so then it'll be again the same place that we were in when we're just mad and in love and all that. That's what I'm looking forward to, right.
Speaker 2: We do have a couple of practical questions about the relationship. First, finances. How do you all handle finances as a couples everything together? Do you all keep anything separate?
Speaker 4: We have our separate corporations, separate companies. I have my beauty company that he has his dance studio business that he's had since he was sixteen. Everything is separated. I think we have one joint account, but we don't even use it. Everything gets paid for together as in our business management team, just you know, pools from each of us to pay things. We don't count who pays for what, who pays for dinner. So I feel like our relationship. It's bigger than that. It's stronger than me saying oh, I've paid for the mortgage.
Speaker 5: It doesn't it doesn't make sense to our time. But we're not dating, we're not splitting the bill. The ideas that our financial structure is, you know, given our LLCs and all that stuff, but it all goes into one, you know, one source. We are a family. We put everything into the part. We had few conversations along the way of like, you know, but what about this and what about that? And I'm like, look, I said it to me. It's strange when you know, families like us start to separate things and have separate this and separate that, where one business management team they have oversight of our finances and accounts. And I think it's the right thing. You know, the conversations nowadays about like opinions if you will, on on TikTok and social media about everything and financial structure of families among them, and you know, one joint account for bills, separate accounts for you know, cash, I guess pocket money and all that stuff. Like yeah, however you want to call it, sure, you know, have freedom and all that, as long as it's all together. You know, the one thing that Peter is never going to find out about me is some separate accounts or some kind of like offshot things and things like that, investment opportunities. Like I didn't get into this partnership. Also we are partners.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, something happens.
Speaker 5: I have no choice. Guys. You know, also that stuff for us wash you know, we didn't need to, you know, and I understand, you know, people that come into this relationships with companies and part of entities that require you to you know, write some things. But for us, we're good.
Speaker 4: We're fine, pretty simple.
Speaker 5: You guys asked a long time ago about for a second. You know, I just want to give back the marriage question. It was important to us because we grew up traditionally, not maybe conservatively in some words, but traditionally enough to like I wanted to be married. I wanted my partner for life to know that she's for life, you know. And I wanted to be committed because for me personally, also the way I am, the who I am, it's a lot less confusing when it's committed. You know, I want to be committed. I wanted to be official, whatever that means. If the society decided that's how we make it, then let it be that. So I was looking forward to all this.
Speaker 2: The next practical question has to do with the household as well chores. How do you all handle it around the house? You got kids to deal with, but also as far as the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, of course has it. Oh, Peter's making a face, So please tell us how's it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I do most of it. I'm just going to be honest. I mean, we have a full time nanny five days a week to help us with children in that aspects. So she helps with some laundry for the for the babies and stuff. She cooks some meals for me for the babies. But generally speaking, yes, I will be the one to do most of that stuff. You like to cook, though, I just wish you'd do more.
Speaker 5: I love cooking. I hate laundry. The laundry thing is just absurd to me. I want to do. I want to figure out like reusable undergarments of some sort that are like both at the same time smell, nest and clean. Because this is crazy. You wash the whole thing.
Speaker 4: We just our laundry.
Speaker 5: This this is a practical closet. If I show you the rest, there's a lot of stuff. I wear it, she wears it, but it's just constant. I'm like, I don't know, I can't not eat, but I can not wear a lot of stuff. You know, just washing so much?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do it.
Speaker 3: Laundry is one of those things though, that has gotten to just about every couple.
Speaker 1: It's affected everyone. And have you all when you fight?
Speaker 3: Have you all ever come close to or at least said threatened to break up to get divorced?
Speaker 1: Do you go nuclear in moments?
Speaker 4: God? No, it's I think if that happened, like those words like I feel like we're going to get divorced or something like that, or I want a divorcee Oh my god, No, that would almost put a seed into our heads that that was going to happen in the future.
Speaker 5: I think, I mean we as far as it went like well, what are you going to do? You know what I'm saying like that, that that's where it ends, like we both know the D word is the thought process here, but obviously it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I think it's like it's late for us at this point.
Speaker 4: We actually have like kind of going to see, you started this rule that we we don't swear at each other.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't start there.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, we don't say.
Speaker 5: I don't understand that. Blah, No, that's safe.
Speaker 4: That does not that.
Speaker 5: Does not happen at somebody else. I'm not the guy to say, you know, you know not not not to curse, but at her, like you know you were this and that and the other, like even in dramatic fact, you know, because I think it's.
Speaker 4: So hurtful, and it's so it tarnishes something. If he were to call me an F and B or something like it would that would really tarnish our relationship, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And then again, if you let for me, I'm very sarcastic and very dry humor already, So if I and if I want to go hurtful, I have hurt people verbally and I'm not proud of it, and it was awful moments in my life. But to be in a relationship for the person that you love, that you let yourself get to a certain point, there's something wrong with you, you know. So for me, words have incredibly heavy meanings and they're not reserved for this, for this relationship at all.
Speaker 2: That is one of the best. We're going to do a wrap up of all of the some of the best advice we've gotten from all the couples we interviewed ten of them. Wrap up episode that is going to be included because that is a small but such a significant thing. Take profanity out of your arguments or a discussion. It makes such a.
Speaker 3: Difference you make a pact, especially if you tend to curse just in general when you're angry, say we are never going to curse at each other.
Speaker 2: But saying are you crazy? Hits differently than are you crazy? It really but.
Speaker 5: It's like, it's are you an idiot? She said?
Speaker 4: I said that one time, an idiot? It felt awful coming out, but I was so heated. I forget this was years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was also my reaction.
Speaker 4: He was so hurt.
Speaker 5: I was so I was like, oh, it was the idiot direct.
Speaker 4: I think I've said it one time to each other just and this was maybe five years ago, and from then on we saw the reaction of each other and we're just like, never again. We allowed ourselves to have that one time, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, that's good advice, guys, all right, last few, and we're gonna let you get out of here. But this one is a cool one. If you could get anybody who is about to go in and get married, and you could say one last thing to them before they decide to make that decision, to say, I do. Is there something you would make sure everybody kept in mind or remind them of or don't want to go as far as say and warn them of. But what would you say to somebody to make sure they consider before they got married.
Speaker 4: Communication and compromise is everything in a marriage when you're dealing with completely well with us, like we're very opposite in a lot of things and very similar a few. I feel like compromise and communication is everything with his you know, English and second language type of thing, Like there's some things that he says that I would take to heart, like I want to tea or something. He didn't mean it that way. It was the tone of the voice, and I'm coming around to his tone. He's softened, I've hardened up a little bit. And the compromise of that with how each other feels with those sensitivities really helped us understand each other more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I would say, I would say, just make sure that you want to do it. You know a lot of people want to do it for a moment, but you can't really know how it feels to do it for life. But I think you can hold yourself accountable a little bit in making that decision. I think kids, especially younger generation nowadays, is very fast to make a decision because you can also change the decision. We are free to make choices. Right, Well, then well then don't call it getting married, call it getting pre married before you actually get married. And then whence you stay married, then you can call it that. You know, I don't know because if you're going to be jumping in and out and having kids with different people and as we say, muzzled off, but you know it's not right and it's not right that you don't have to commit and you don't have to feel that way. So I think it's.
Speaker 4: Much Yeah, I'm in a space also that just to handy back onto that. I feel like, if you're not happy, don't stay in it for the kids.
Speaker 5: That's my point one hundred million.
Speaker 4: My point of view is if it's not working, better to better to part ways. Early. I went through that with my parents. I wish they parted ways. I told them to part ways, but stuck together for the kids. And you know, I love my mom to death. She's the best. But now she's seventy three, and you know, I would love her to find somebody else. It's different then, you know, So I'm I'm I'm on that wavelength of no, it's okay, it's okay to get divorced if you need to do that, if it's not the right decision for your family and kids.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like I'm going into marriage, it's a big decision. So if you don't take it as a big decision, don't do it. Do it later, do it, give a second, you know, have a kid if you want to. You know, But this whole commitment stuff, it has to be heavier weighted. You know.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, you know that that would a hell of an add because people do go back and forth. And I think there's been to experience the two of us sitting here have had with that very thing, and I think there are other people have gotten that advice, like it doesn't matter, you sacrifice and you make sure you stay together for the sake of the kids. That there are people who we have heard give that advice and.
Speaker 5: Don't believe that at all. And I'm the guy with like family first stayed, got it, but I don't believe that. The reason why is again going back to that, the fact that the whole thing is held on us and on this relationship, in this chemistry, there's a cracking dad. It's like a cracking foundation. You can plant, you know, put you know, flowers in your windows, but if that building's cracked down there, it's never going to be safe. And so to be in that kind of unsafe on the edge, will it wont it it? Will it last?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And so it's not necessary to be in that state of stress. Go be happy somewhere else. I also have a very you know example of someone who I knew very well. She turned eighteen. The father gave a flower, said bye bye, and left on that day because he stayed just for her. She didn't even know. Her mom didn't know, he hated the mom didn't like the daughter said that like the daughter of the relationship. The fact that it was like whatever, So you know, he has a great happy family now and moved on with life.
Speaker 3: So you never know, Yeah, it's it's and it's something to consider it, especially when you've lived enough life. You know every decision leads to the next. And you know, I remember a therapist telling me this, would you want your daughters to be in the marriage you're in And if the answer is no, you're showing them.
Speaker 1: That that's what marriage gets. And that a light bulb went off for me on that one. All right, we're gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a cheesy question, but it's what we've ended with all of our couples. You all have been through, and it's so cool to see how much you've been through, the ups, the downs, the breakups, the fame meeting, on the job meeting, when you were with other people. What is the key to your success? What is the key not just to the fact that it's lasted, but that it's so good and you're so happy even in all the chaos chemistry.
Speaker 5: I just read it easy again, just being.
Speaker 4: Actually really are attracted to each other and we love each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. We may not agree, we may not feeld some kind of way. We may after this interview move on like this like not in but right now, okay, we're good. It's like, but we're so busy, and we you know, but we we still were like we're in it, having this moment right here at the end of it. My feeling is like, Wow, we really are great couple. You know, we've we've gone definitely more therapy.
Speaker 4: For sure, we haven't done any therapy.
Speaker 5: As you could tell, I would need many hours because I need to speak this out. I'd rather I'd rather have one of my friends therapize us for free, because it's going to cost a lot. You can.
Speaker 2: This has been great. We keep We've said at the end of absolutely every single one of these interviews, we have personally gotten some out of it. We feel more encouraged, more optimistic, and we feel better about our relationship by talking to another couple. And I look, we know you all wouldn't have sat down broth though, probably if you all weren't already pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of trust that the other person isn't going to throw you under the bus, right right.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean that's that's also a lot of trust. And this is some of these questions is like and she says, I'm like, oh, really cool. I mean it's awesome. I think that's also a key to your healthy relationship. You keep finding things about to check it out, speak it out, you know, change your mind, change your opinion, get adjusted, and keep it moving.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. It's been so fun.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, because I know that this takes in a way, it takes courage to be this honest and open and letting people in.
Speaker 1: But you are.
Speaker 3: You are a power couple, and you've always been a couple that we have looked up to and have been cheering on. So it was awesome to get to know this side of you a little bit more, a lot more actually, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being so willing to do this. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 4: Guys, thank you.