Speaker 1: Are you Dick's ready?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh huh, all right, well.
Speaker 3: Doly seal with your then when you hand a jam, I'm just gonna stop it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: How much longer does it go?
Speaker 1: It goes for like another sixty seconds or so. Yeah, that's a Brody special.
Speaker 4: Nobody even knows spoon Man the original song? And who sang the original song? Do you Stone Table Pilot? No, it's sound Garden. See again, Scary, you're the song guy.
Speaker 2: Man, You're losing it, man, losing it? You remember he did that the other day.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's probably like what ninety four ninety five somewhere in that You're right, Yeah, somewhere the year thing. I can Anyway, people have no idea what's going on. Welcome to Serial Killers. This is not a crossover episode. It's Monday, December seventh. This is episode one fifty six. If you're keeping track at home, I'm Scottie B along with Scary and Nate today.
Speaker 2: Yes, we call ourselves the Essentials, well.
Speaker 4: Because we are the essential employees that work in the building for Elvis Duran's big show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and here's what I think is going on. Andrew is home eating his Covid Crispies, and he screwed me by saying, dude, I'm so sick. I can't even do a zoom with you. I'm like, dude, why who cares of your sick? He's like, I can't taste anything. So that's when I got nervous. Yeah, I think he has other plans, Scott.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's doing the remix podcast with Danielle right now, just kind of blowing us off. Anyway. So this is Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we eat cereal and tell you whether it's good or not so you don't have to buy it if it sucks. And here's what we're gonna do today. It's a special episode because this cereal is highly coveted. People have been looking for this for a while. They've been talking about it online for a while. You guys don't give two craps, I know, because you're just a long thing.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'll be honest. I saw you did a little teas picture with the oatmeal uh not oatmeal cookies, not oatmeal raisin.
Speaker 1: Well you're about to give it away, so to shut up. Okay, and here this for you guys, The scary open that you eat everything so just.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 4: Just just share that with Nate. This is a can I say, Debbie double deckerie.
Speaker 1: Jesus, and these things have been around for a long time. Nate, take a bite. I know what they taste like, so I'm good.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't need it. No, I'm good, Scary, take a bite, so I want you to taste that. And with that, I will break out this brand new cereal from Kellogg's and that's really good. There have been no back though, my god, I'll suck the cream out of it. Over the years, there's been no shortage of snack cake inspired cereals. Back in the You know, there was cinnabon cereal. There was powdered donut cereal back in the day. Dunkin Donuts had a donut cereal back in the day, not to be confused with their coffee flavored cereal that they have now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And even more recently, you had your Twinkie cereal, you had your donut cereal from Hostess, and the one that you can you'll find on the shelf as the Honeybun cereal from Hostess. But I'm sure that will be going away soon as well. So on the bandwagon comes Kellogg's with Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie Cereal, this.
Speaker 2: Cereal version of this stuff we're eating right now.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Waitute, If you looked at the extra they look like little buttholes.
Speaker 1: They do look like little buttholes. Look at that. Look look at that little buttholes that looks like a cat walking away.
Speaker 4: That was my favorite cartoon growing up as a kid, Little buttholes?
Speaker 1: Really, what's your favorite musical?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: The butthole surfers? Andrew would have no idea. What who Oh? He must love your theme song that you play too. All right, so let's break this box of buttholes.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you as you do this, and I don't want to be you know this is your podcast, But are you setting us up for failure and disaster every time by allowing us to try the real deal cake and then bring us over to the serial version of that?
Speaker 1: I mean, probably because I feel like it could be a little skewed. No, well, maybe I shouldn't have given you The cake.
Speaker 2: Tasted so good. I'm eating it getting these sad dried imitation of so we just ate.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is not breakfast. I mean, nobody should be eating this for breakfast. Twinkie cereal for breakfast.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. Let me look at the back of the box, all right, look at it.
Speaker 1: See, I don't like the fact that it's naturally and artificially flavoring. I don't like what things are artificially.
Speaker 2: By the way, how old is little Debbie? Now? Little Debbie, she's two hundred swear on this podcast.
Speaker 1: You can swear, but I will beep it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it's curse. Look at this? Yea, Oh my god, look at that.
Speaker 1: That's a bonnet, she straight out. A littleis on the prairie.
Speaker 2: It's a bonny, doesn't degerminated? Yellow corn meal is the first one. Old rhino flour. Sugar it's not bad. Sugar was the third ingredient. Yeah, the fruit too, is the fourth.
Speaker 1: Yea, give me some of those leather cheerios.
Speaker 2: Yellow six blue one.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the color. Artificial colors.
Speaker 2: Scary. Look.
Speaker 1: I got you the fair Life mill because I know you like the uh more natural. What is ultrafiltered milk lactose free? Yeah? I like that, but he still has carriage gene and I don't think it doesn't you and your carriage.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that that does not fair. Life does not have carriage gin.
Speaker 1: And no ingredients, reduced fat, ultrafiltered milk, lac tastes enzyme that takes the lactose out, vitamin A and vitamin D three. There is no carriagene in it. Cara gene is a bad ingredient.
Speaker 2: That's an expensive container it is.
Speaker 1: But and I got it for you, guys, because I appreciate your help today. Jesus milk everywhere you ready, here we go. They don't look as butt holy in person as the milk closes up the butthole. All right, here we go, meal cream, pie cereal, little Debbie swells. No, I don't think I like it. There's a spice that I don't think is cinnamon. Tastes like a Christmas candle. That's right, it tastes like a Christmas candle. It's definitely sugary.
Speaker 2: Wow, not digging it.
Speaker 1: I was really excited for this.
Speaker 2: And you know what, though, the more you eat, the more it grows on you.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows the rules. I think it would be better if there were marshmallows as the cream.
Speaker 2: They should have come to you. Hold on let me go.
Speaker 1: Down to my cereal box.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Nate, Oh, I mean just a couple of Oh that's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: Oh, however, just just remember you must rate it without the marshmallow, because we must rad it in its natural state. Oh the marshmallow makes it worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does not good. Yeah, I'm tapping out done. It had potential, It just it just it's missing something. You're the expert. You're missing.
Speaker 1: It's missing whatever the cream would be, because there is some sort of powdery white coating which in the Twinkie cereal, which in the Twinkie cereal is the cream. Yeah, but it's too spiced. It tastes like there's nutmeg in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, one of the it says nutmeg is one of the Yeah, nutmeg and artificial flavor.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, compared to the actual oatmeal cream pie, it tastes nothing like it.
Speaker 2: No, it actually does taste It tastes nothing like it with both of you on this show, and it tastes like it tastes unlike anything I've ever eaten before. I can't even put my finger on it. You're right about the nutmeg, but it just doesn't Well, you were right when you said it tastes like Christmas. Because it does taste like Christmas.
Speaker 1: This should be a holiday themed cereal should be you know our rating scale, it's one to five balls, with spoons being half balls. I give this two balls and a spoon.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go just two balls.
Speaker 4: Okay, really, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna go. I'll be a little bit more generous here. I'm gonna say three bowls, three balls, because it was to me it was that's average, that's a little above average.
Speaker 1: It wasn't nasty. I mean it was, it wasn't nasty.
Speaker 2: I'll raise mind to two bowls, and can you give half a spoon? No, a spoon is half a balls, okay.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give it a quarter of Okay, so you could do two balls and a demi spoon. That's the little one that I'm.
Speaker 4: Going through the balls here because I want people to try it, at least try it.
Speaker 2: Got I throw a grapefruit spoon.
Speaker 1: That's the serrader. Most is five.
Speaker 2: Three balls okay, okay, yeah, two I met yours?
Speaker 1: Actually two bowls in a spook okay. Crispy oatmeal puffs with a cream coating. See, I don't see the cream coating. There's a little bit of white powder, but it's.
Speaker 2: Just do you think there's any way they're getting around actual cream being in there by spelling it c r e m eably because.
Speaker 1: I bet there's no dairy at all if you look at that cream pie. Yeah, I mean, you know, we try the milk.
Speaker 2: See, I think the milk.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where all.
Speaker 2: The cream went. Yeah, that's their cream coating.
Speaker 1: The milk is free though, But all right, all right, let's move on. We're all going to do two serials in this episode. Generally we do three, but I appreciate you guys being here, and I don't want to take up too much of your time. I know you have the big Brooklyn Boys podcast that you have to get to with Brody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well we yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Fifty four out now everywhere you get your podcasts, We're everywhere. So if you can listen to the Brooklyn Boys podcast, that would be awesome. While I'm here, I might as well plug on merch store too. Justice, we got Christmas, we got Christmas ugly Christmas sweaters. We got some fun logoed stuff property of shirts Brooklyn Boys Dot.
Speaker 2: It is the ugly Christmas sweater just your logo.
Speaker 4: Anyway, go to Brooklyn Boys dot Big Cartel dot com for your merch.
Speaker 1: See now for that plug, I require you in the beginning of your next episode to play the serial killer's promo. Oh okay, very good. That's all. That's all I need say.
Speaker 2: There's jokes on the back of the box. Do you want one? Yes? Why did the cookie cry because it crumbled because his mother was a wafer so long away? For so long?
Speaker 1: I do like when when they do put stuff on the back of the box. A lot of the cereal companies have been lazy lately. They just put the same thing on me at the breakfast table.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah, got a little find a word thing here with the little Debbie yourself. He's probably dead by now.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure that Debbie was probably the daughter of whoever created the snack cake company.
Speaker 2: Pay probably Big Debbies. Exactly. So.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago, one of our listeners, Jamie, sent us two giant boxes back there that are filled with random cereals from Leetle and Aldi. You know the brand supermarket within that box. I see the legal and all the brands are just knockoffs of the name brand Cereals, So there was one hidden in there that Andrew and I kind of have a love hate relationship with this brand. It is Mom's Best Cereals and this is oats and honey blend, so this looks like it's going to be your honey bunches of oats healthier version because it's from Mom's Best and they generally like to do things. Oh oh, I know this brand. No artificial flavors blah blah blah blah blah blah and no artificial colors, right, and I love that it says woo hoo on the price tag great deal ninety nine, which means they're trying to get rid.
Speaker 2: Of this freak of crap. I like the front of the box too. It looks like a bowl of Cereals superimposed on the Oregon trailbox.
Speaker 1: Yes, on the wind farm with the mom and daughter riding their bicycles.
Speaker 4: This is definitely like Portland's favorite seiales. It's very earth, it's very that. Hey, well, what's the cell by.
Speaker 2: Date on that?
Speaker 1: No, it's good, it's August twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Normally here I play like a shake your shake a box jingle, but I just I don't feel like looking.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Why do you shake the box? You shake the box because when there are more than one type of flake or something in the box, like this has clusters and flakes. Yeah, the clusters will settle to the bottom and ship because they're heavier, like paying for gold exactly kind of. So if you don't we all do that. You don't shake the box, the clusters will sit on the bottom and will not mix, and you know you won't get the full benefit of the cereal.
Speaker 2: I have high hopes for this one, don't boy, But you know you start out with a one.
Speaker 1: Sorry the crappy whatever, dude, I'll be here all day editing this.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: Listen, I give these companies a lot of credit for going out on a limb and trying to do something better for our bodies, So I.
Speaker 1: May be a little bit more generous in my ratings. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We do have to, you can't. You can't base it on their good will. It's the cereal, right, yeah, I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: It's a very you know, it's an environmentally friendly company. Oh yeah, this cereal was made.
Speaker 2: I'll give you to one. I know.
Speaker 1: Look, Mom's best likes to save the planet. You guys like to trash, So I hang on the thing by the way, he used your other trash.
Speaker 2: Can I just want to point that out, Scotty.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other story.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to use that trash. You know this one?
Speaker 1: Okay? It looks like corn flakes and this cereal is made using renewable wind energy or the box was anyway? Oh you eating it ready?
Speaker 2: Cheesez Is there's like a three two one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there usually is, but it's okay, we'll do it for me. I haven't started three two one go. I definitely taste coconut right off the bat. Did you taste that? Mm hmm, we will not. I like this ingredients corn whole grain wheat, sugar, whole grain rolled oats, rice, canola oil, corn syrup, salt, barley, malt extract, cinnamon, molasses, honey, caramel, color and natural flavor channel seating the it's his coconut, but I definitely taste coconut.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, if you switched this out with honey bunches of oats, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, I would really, Yeah, my palette is not as refined as yours. Apparently.
Speaker 1: I'm really liking this, guys.
Speaker 4: And I like the fact that, except for canola oil, which is in there, I like the ingredients list.
Speaker 1: It's stuff you could pronounce. I'm a big fan of that.
Speaker 4: But I don't know why they had to throw the canola oil in there. That defeats the purpose of something that's supposed to be a little health there for you.
Speaker 1: This is like the epitome of health over here. Scary. He's like two hundred and fifteen pounds. He's talking all about healthy cereals. Wait, what cookies came in today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, But the thing is they should go in one direction or the other.
Speaker 2: Well, I shouldn't do a little.
Speaker 1: Mix of each. Three balls for me for Mom's best oats and honey blend. Really yeah, not terrible.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna go three balls too, Although the more I eat, the less I want to eat it. Does that make sense? Like it's just so bland that well, yeah, you want like a flavor burst every once in a while, going three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you know what, while you guys are finishing that up. I'm gonna run back to the box for one second. All right, back to the Cereal box back here, don't buy.
Speaker 2: My ass pract Oh boy, wow, that really is hanging out now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know I do it for Andrews, so boy, no, I might as well do this one too. So this is from Is this legal?
Speaker 2: So we shouldn't finish this bowl?
Speaker 1: No, don't.
Speaker 2: What the hell is this?
Speaker 1: Clusters of oats and honey. This was also in the box that Jamie sent us. I might as well do it because this is honey bunches of oats as well. Yeah, so this one has almonds in it. But this is a brand? Is this? This is knockoff? I don't even know what the hell made this? The oh this is legal? This is the supermarket brand Legal. Let's just get to a real quick we'll bang it out. Okay, By the way, what truth and advertising. Look at the side, there's huge almonds. There's not going to be those huge as shot.
Speaker 2: We've only had shaving.
Speaker 1: We actually have had one or two Cereals over the last year or two that have had full almonds in them, like full on almonds.
Speaker 2: Well, remember that one Cereal the box weighed forty five pounds.
Speaker 1: Right, that was Morning Summit, the one that you get at Costco.
Speaker 4: I'm already getting disappointed because I don't see whole almonds.
Speaker 1: In No, you're barely gonna see a sliver in there.
Speaker 2: I'll be lucky if I even have an almond in mind. There you go, all right, I don't see almonds. Well, nope, nope, nope, definitely no almonds. I don't see an almond.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, no nothing. Oh, I think I see a shaving clusters of oats and honey from lethal. Let's check it out. It's definitely much sweeter. Also tastes like coconut. Let just give you this one, scary corn, whole grain, wheat, sugar, whole grain, rolled oats, almonds, rice, canola oil, corn syrup, salt, barley, malt xpact, cinnamon, molasses, honey, carameal color very similar.
Speaker 4: To the exactly and by the way, again, corn syrup and canola oil.
Speaker 1: You're killing me, but I'll keep eating it.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't have one almond here. I don't either. See, I was gonna give it a little something extra. Let's see, I was gonna give it a spoon. Let me grab it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and take it right out of the garbage.
Speaker 2: How's the almonds pretty good? This might be an.
Speaker 1: Error box because there's literally like seven almonds in the whole box and.
Speaker 2: They weren't even almends. They were slivers. For me, I'm gonna give it three balls only because it was exactly the same as the other box. Actually, you know what, I'm gonna take a spoon off. Sorry, screw it, two bowls and a spoon because you know what, truth and advertising.
Speaker 4: Exactly three bowls in this Now the other one I gave three balls and a spoon too. I'm going back to two balls and a spoon on this one because it's pretty much the same cereal. But even again, false advertising on the almonds. And I don't think it's just tasteful, but well it's hard not to curse.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: But it does say heart healthy, so I feel better. What's what's hard healthy about it? Well, there's an aster there diets low and saturated fat and cholesterol and as low and possible as trans fat may reduce the risk of heart disease.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Oh yeah, that's like that commercial with the naturally Balanced breakfast where they have the toast of the eggs who eats that for breakfast?
Speaker 1: Now, well, that is part of a nutritious breakfast. You're supposed to have a bowl of cereal, some orange juice, toast, more milk, milk and the cereal. That's your that's your complete breakfast.
Speaker 4: Some double deckert you finish out on anything I got out of this podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it. Thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms at Serial Killers PC and hopefully Andrew's working on the website.
Speaker 2: How did we do? Do you want us to come and guest a guest co host to get in the future.
Speaker 1: Anytime that Andrew is sick. I'm happy to have you guys here. And I don't know what's going on. I don't know when he's coming back.
Speaker 2: Well, if you can't taste, that's I don't know if anybody's following the news, but that's not a good sign. On the next Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Well, there's only been two brand new holiday cereals released this year. One of them was Elf that we did a couple of weeks ago, and there's another one and I'm not going to tell you what it is, but it will be coming up next Monday on Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Now, is that because of the pandemic they haven't been able to get these into production.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that's the case. They've been re releasing. So the Sugar Cookie Toast Crunches back out, Christmas Crunch from cap'n Crunches back out. All the typical holiday cereals that have been out before are back, but with two new ones.
Speaker 4: Oh so do cereal ficionados and cereal makers listen to this podcast too?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Post? Does I know our friends have posted because they send U stuff from an idea for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Harry Styles Watermelon sugar high. I think they can make a great cereal with little pieces of watermelon in there. Harry Styles Watermelon sugar Hi. Come on, sounds disgusting.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got an idea. Well, you guys have all seen Willie wankin The Chocolate Factor. Yeah. Snosberry tastes like a Snosberry.
Speaker 1: Oh damn Snowsbury cereal. You know, I bet there was one back in the seventies when they came out. Now, no Snosberry, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: They say this Snosberry tastes like a Snobsbersberry.
Speaker 1: Snosberry even when it was re released a couple of years ago. That's when they should have jumped on the bandwagon.
Speaker 2: See that's what I'll say it.
Speaker 1: Listen, idiots, I just want my twenty percent. If you make that.
Speaker 2: Cereal, if you hear that twenty thirty baby.
Speaker 1: All right, we gotta get out of here. Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Until we see you next Monday. Please say crunch, guys, crunch. Oh, it's my phone ringing. Hold on just a second. Andrew would be thrilled. Hi, you're interrupting serial killers. Who's this lovely? Why?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, well we just said crunch, So we're gonna go now and then I'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, have her say crunch with USh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just say crunch, crunch. I'd better call her back right away. Feel better, Andy,