Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, jack Armstrong and Show, Katty Armstrong and Jackie and he arms range.
Speaker 2: Live.
Speaker 1: I'm from studio. See say you signor is it Little Friday already?
Speaker 2: That's he's any or we're deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Giddy Communications compound. And hey, y'all were toiling under the title of the show. What is the Democratic Party? Ask the Democratic Party? Or if you'd prefer, what is the Republican Party? Asks the Republican Party. Not that we're going to talk.
Speaker 1: About politics all day, but upheaval is the theme. Upheaval is the theme. That's right.
Speaker 2: Here's an interesting thing for you. I didn't know this till this morning as well. And legal experts on the TV.
Speaker 1: Fauci might actually go to jail.
Speaker 2: There's a serious chance Fauci's gonna end up in jail to tell they're having a contempt hearing right now. And so I was just whenever I hear contempts anything, Congress whatever, it's just symbolic meaningless.
Speaker 1: Who cares happens comes of goes? Yeah, put it on your resume. I guess it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Usually this carries a uh one hundred thousand dollars fining year in jail for not answered any questions when he had a pardon. And apparently there's a tension here and this is likely to go to the Supreme Court. We got a couple of constitutional rights and tens, the presidential pardon power and the uh, you've been pardoned and we're not asking about anything that could cause you to have criminal problems. These are just, you know, things that happened during a big an event that you were in. We need information and you're not answering the question. So there's that that somebody will have to figure out. And then the other one is he did sit down and blast Rand Paul and the committee and then do the Fifth Amendment, which some legal experts say you waved your right by doing the big You're an SOB. Now I'm not going to answer any questions. You got to do one or the other. You either got to not say nothing or you gotta talk. If I might interject a note of caution. Second note of caution. I read this and it amused me.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, other constitutional experts disagree, which is.
Speaker 1: What they do best.
Speaker 3: That was rightly entertaining, because yeah, sure enough, you get five lawyers in a room, etcetera, Sir, but yeah, it's not out of the realm of possibility and his contention. The more I think about it that look, rand Paul has the red ass for me, and and he is gonna work like crazy to twist what I say and cite how it's slightly different from something else I said, and call that, but you'd never get a conviction for that.
Speaker 2: He's guilty, because he's guilty. But this is so frustrating.
Speaker 3: I came across an account in the Wall Street Journal, the two lady writers they have on this story. I only put a point out their sex, because women tend in larger numbers to be more left politically than men, not uniformally, but tend to be these days. They said, And I'll have a quote in front of me in seconds. They said, oh, what was the quote? You know what, let me get the exact quote, because the words matter. I will be back with that in seconds. So I wasn't listening to a legal expert on Fox.
Speaker 2: If I was listening to legal experts on Fox, I would think, of course they're gonna throw out there to the audience that Fauci might go to even if there's a one in eight million chance of it.
Speaker 1: I represent science.
Speaker 2: This guy saw on news nations seemed pretty even keel not disagreeing with the idea that different legal experts would have a different opinion, but the fact that it could go to the Supreme Court, it just seems to me. So you said he's guilty, well, guilty of a crime, guilty of lying to people, guilty of bad judgment or what are you talking about? Are you talking about guilty of crime? I think we gotta don't. We have to have some sort of system where we get information from a guy who has more information about a giant event than anybody else. Okay, your pardoned, you're not going to jail, you're not paying any fines. Now tell us what happens so we can make decisions going forward in the world with the best information.
Speaker 3: I hate to make this concession, but if it were, I mean, just from a public policy standpoint, if you were to say, all right, look, we'll give you a preemptive pardon against perjury in front of this panel, all right, now everything, give us everything. But the problem is is I putted it up several times, And I'm the only person I've heard say this. His civil liability is incomprehensible because he and Eco Health Lines and Peter Dazac funded the gain of function research at the Wuan Institute of Virology, and it was sloppy and it escaped the lab and millions of people died. And how is that truth escaping the rest of the media. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: So you think he'd be on the hook for that, even though he was doing his government job. He could claim the best I could that knew how as a scientist.
Speaker 3: Well even very at least there's enough of a case there that it would cost zillions of dollars to defend. True, you think mon Santo spent a lot of money on the roundup nonsense? That place place, it would dwarf that. Here is the quote I couldn't find that I wanted. This is in the Wall Street effing Journal. Pardon me, I'm so fired up about this because the human kind has a right to know exactly what happened with COVID. Anyway, here's the journal. Fauci played a central role during the Trump administration's response to the pandemic. In twenty twenty publicly contradicting President Trump at times and urging more public caution than some political figures, which made him an enemy of Trump loyalists.
Speaker 1: That's fair, and that's.
Speaker 2: Why they're holding the hearings, according to the Wall Street Journal. Meanwhile, over on the editorial board, they're saying, you know, roughly what we've been saying, but the.
Speaker 1: Refusal.
Speaker 2: They don't have a paragraph in that particular version where they say his diary entries contradict his public statements one hundred and eighty degrees.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, don't mention it. They do mention that he's a The HHS, led by Robert F. Kennedy Junior, is a fierce Fauci critic, is leading the charge as well. So it's about Trump urging caution and that crazy rfk Jr. According to The Wall Street Journal, it's absolutely insane. As I started to say, the refusal slash psychological inability for the mass media to admit that they were wrong in their complicity and the things that were done that were terrible, It will not go away. I've given up on it happening. I was hoping that because the sheer weight the importance of all this moving forward, as a country, and is humanity. It's so important we get this closer to right next time. But no, that is not enough to break through their pride or their delusion or whatever it is that keeps them from saying, wow, I got that wrong. Here's how it goes Wall Street Journal. And let's see Liz Esleie White and Sabrina Sidiki, who wrote this piece. I was fooled in the early two thousands by the Bush administrations group think an oversimplification of the challenges in Iraq. They claimed it was one thing, it turned out to be another, and I wish I'd known more because it would have changed my opinion.
Speaker 2: See that's how you do it. It's okay. My head didn't explode, my wife didn't leave me. There are not police on my doorstep as far as I know. You can say that, but these people won't. And they disgusted me. End of screed. So Jonathan Turley, he's the law school professor that they always have on Fox, he said, Fauci, this area is rather murky, and the Supreme Court is never nailed down the whole Can you stay silent under the Fifth Amendment if it's not like they're not trying to get you in crime. They're just trying to get information about something important that's not been completely nailed down by the Supreme Court. Jonathan Turley says, it is murky, it'll probably be challenged. Fauci likely has the advantage in any litigation. So that's a different opinion slightly than the expert I saw on a diffferent channel.
Speaker 1: And as you said, everybody expert has a different opinion.
Speaker 3: But and I would love to see Fauci in the stocks in the public square being celted with overwrite vegetables.
Speaker 1: That's right, doctor Cardi.
Speaker 3: But that's not my main point is I've tried to make clear we have to know what happened with the gain of function the Chinese communists cover up the fact that Fauci and Dajac are guilty as well of the cover up and the sponsoring dangerous research.
Speaker 1: That would be very very good to know. But as humanity, we need to know what happened.
Speaker 2: I think we need to know did he get more pictures with Beyonce or Bruce Springsteen. I think that's an important.
Speaker 1: Issue to him. It certainly was. That was the key issue. You know, they got his phone.
Speaker 2: Now that's a new Yes, they have his phone now so and also there's no not a lot of I haven't read enough for me on how'd.
Speaker 1: You get the diary?
Speaker 2: How'd you know he had a diary? How'd you physically get it? Oh, it's because it was on government computers. It was his journal essentially, he kept it on the government computer. Well, yeah, the term diary, I don't think I would do that. Yeah, the term diary is fine, it's accurate.
Speaker 3: But it was also a journal of public, official records of stuff that happened.
Speaker 2: But so if he had a fake alligator skin leather pleather book that he kept under his pillow with a little lock.
Speaker 1: And key and wrote it's so cute.
Speaker 2: He had one of those with that the image that has still been a government record that he had to turn over.
Speaker 1: I don't know the law. I kind of hope not. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I feel like you ought to be able to jot down some memories for yourself that don't automatically have.
Speaker 1: To turn over to the government.
Speaker 3: But right, right, because there's no criminal case going on at this point, it's a government inquiry into government policy.
Speaker 1: I assume it's his government phone. They have.
Speaker 3: I believe so, or at least a phone on which he conducted government business, and the record keeping laws are quite clear, and he violated these. Now this is criminal liability. I think I would lot typically ordered people smash it with a hammer. He specifically ordered people to delete emails after reading, which is against the law. But the government doesn't enforce the law on the government except in rare case.
Speaker 2: I would have accidentally dropped my phone behind my rear tire.
Speaker 1: At some point, I think before I would turn my face.
Speaker 3: It happens, and they're back over it a couple of times accidentally.
Speaker 2: We better start the show officially. We're running out of time. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Thursday, August sixth, year, twenty twenty six or Armstrong and getting We approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the law, we're sticklers for it. Let's begin the show officially now. According to the FCC rules, RAGS here we go at Mark.
Speaker 1: Iran maybe behind cyber attacks targeting water and wastewater utilities in more than a dozen states and prepared for them months in advance.
Speaker 2: There are some places where they're recommending you boil your water because of these Iranian hacks in the water treatment plants. Yeah, becoming a problem. We'll have to talk more about that. In fact, we've got more headlines on a whole bunch of different issues. Iran says the Strait's going to be open today, and Trump says the Strait's going to be open today.
Speaker 1: That's the first time.
Speaker 2: That's the first time they both said that on the same day. Peace in our time, Straits for everyone, lots on the way, stay here. So I know we're supposed to get into headlines, but I think this is interesting. One thing that I think is maybe a blind spot for Trump being a billionaire, even though he has the greatest common touch of practically any politician in the modern era, as a billionaire, he does. I do think he doesn't understand that many, many people don't pay any attention to what the stock market did, like tens of millions of people, it might be hundreds of one hundred million plus people that pay no attention to what the stock market closed at today. And because he's been doing probably sitting around the kitchen table with his dad since he was four, he just assumes that's what everybody does about the stock market. So he does so many things to make the stock market go up or down, and then can't understand why people are, you know, telling polsters they think the economy is bad. I base that statement around this was yesterday or today when the stock market set records.
Speaker 1: It's a lot we set records.
Speaker 2: The S and P two days ago said it's twenty fifth record high of the year, the Dow it's twenty second record high of the year, and the Nasdaq gets twenty fourth record high of the year. I mean, that's amazing. But in terms of those if that's the way you look at the economy, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: I think you're more right than you even made the case though, because you have the significant percentage of Americans who don't follow the market much or at all, and then you've got a pretty significant chunk.
Speaker 1: And I'll bet a lot of you folks answer to this description.
Speaker 3: I know I do who see these record highs are aware that they're almost entirely fueled by AI and how that's juicing the economy and thinking, oh man.
Speaker 1: This feels precarious.
Speaker 3: So the president citing the record highs falls on your death or semi deaf ears too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and that.
Speaker 2: We're in week thirty one of the year, so we've had thirty one weeks and twenty five record highs, twenty two record highs, twenty four record high practically a record high more often than not. Yeah, every week now in those indexes. And I think for Trumpet's like, how can people possibly be saying the economy's bad?
Speaker 1: Are they not looking at their stock portfolio?
Speaker 2: No, they're not. They're filling up their gas tank like I am. And it's two forty in California to develop my diesel tank, and then you get one hundred and forty dollars, and you can get a couple of groceries and it's three digits.
Speaker 3: Concerned in Oklahoma, they thought you meant two forty a gallon two dollars and four cents. Yeah, is anybody else considering getting a shiny new shovel from your big box hardware store and maybe a bunch of gold.
Speaker 1: Bars and going into your backyard.
Speaker 3: It just feels so bubbly, you know, Michael, it's such dark humor. But if you wanted to play the bubbly sound every time we talk about stock market, I do, like not I would not argue, I would not yell.
Speaker 2: At I'd like that as a theme because it's going to happen, and then we'll look smart for having predicted it every single time.
Speaker 1: There it is. There's your market report.
Speaker 2: Uber is up against thousands of lawsuits right now. Four thousand lawsuits, a lot of sexual assault, sexual harassment sort of stuff that is going to upend that company, and they're going to spend a lot of time fighting battles in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can get into that a little bit later. I have a bunch of Rando's. You're gonna get some Rando results.
Speaker 2: The Washington Post is reporting, and you never know what the wappo because they had lots of Russia Russia ust stuff that it was not true for many years. But Washington Post is reporting that Trump and Hegxath got into it the other day at Camp David over the whole Trump saying to Hexath.
Speaker 1: What's the deal? How are we out of munitions? Why didn't you tell me this?
Speaker 2: Why am I not aware of the fact that we were this low? And all these different sorts of things to defend ourselves. This is around the story Axios and others reporting that one of the reasons Trump called off the big attack over the weekend was finding out we ain't got a lot of defense stuff left. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. We've talked to some people who said, no, that's not true. It's horrifying.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: If we actually had to back down to Iran because we don't have enough stuff left to defend ourselves the way we think we need to, that's a horrifying situation.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: I also read an account in the Free Press that said the what do they call him? A constrainer wing of the advisors, including JD Vance, are really pushing that story out to the media because they want that as an excuse not to finish the job in Iran, or particular to be you know, prolong the conflict. Who knows what's true.
Speaker 2: JD could have been behind the crowd that talked to the Washington Post about that story, because the White House denies that it happened at all.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 2: Four people that they can they they can afford housing in Berkeley.
Speaker 1: I don't know how well.
Speaker 2: My understanding is that the property owners who have properties there too, just not to print it at all. Yeah, kill them, kill those murder those in the street, let the streets, Let the streets soak in their red capitalist bloods. Maybe we just need like that little that second half they're kill them, kill the m efforts. Let him soak in the capitalists blod because we need a drop for Hassan Piker every time his name comes up on the show between now and November. Yeah, because I can't believe, I mean, we're less than twenty four hours in not gonna labor this because we talked about it a lot yesterday, the whole socialist thing, and then labor the hell out of it. Okay, it's a burden, are gonna think? Boy, he's really belaboring that. But I can't believe that every single person who has come out and said I back l si ED hasn't had to account for that. The guy was on stage the night before with a Sonpiker, the dude that just said, let the streets run with capitalist blood?
Speaker 1: Did you get away? Are we to a point where you can.
Speaker 2: Say that and you don't have to to make a statement of whether or not you support that in the position or not. That's crazy on the left, Yes, Holy cow. So I just I think that's got to be a focal point I should have to get If elseiad wants to become a senator from Michigan, he should have to distance himself completely from this guy, or a Sonpiker would have to come out and say, look, as in the past, like Dan Bongino, you know in the Epstein files, I'm just saying stuff to get rich and I did.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that at all, right, you know, or something?
Speaker 3: Or what's his face with the frog two seas of genitals, right, Alex Jones? Yeah, yeah, Oh, that's just an act. You're honor, he said when it was all on the line. Yeah, but some people still believe me. So I want to make one thing infinitely clear. And Michael, I will yell at you over this. I got something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: A carefully constructed his historically sound reference to the Chancellor of Germany in the nineteen thirties and forties should not earn the Hitler dang, okay, the Democrats and this will be my final topic.
Speaker 3: Then we can move on to I'm sorry my final comment. Then we can move on to a bunch of other headlines. The relationship between the Democratic Party and the DSA and the nut jobs like Hassan Piker to their left, to the radical left reminds me so much of the conservative establishment in Weimar Germany and what they thought of the Nazi Party and Hitler specifically, and how they thought he was a Kukla nut job. But then he started to make incursions into the group that usually kind of supported them, and then they thought, wow, that's really supply and energy to the right in general. So yeah, why don't we kind of put our arm around him because we can control him, that won't be a problem. And before they knew it, their whole thing was taken over by the nut job and is super energized radical little movement happens.
Speaker 1: Over and over again in history.
Speaker 3: Trumpet, Oh yeah, yeah, not nearly as toxic in my opinion, But you know, certainly MSNBC would disagree. But anyway, and I made this point the other day, and I think it may be one of the most important ones that I can make.
Speaker 1: We in America think we're immune to everything bad.
Speaker 3: We think because we're so successful and our institutions are so strong, there's no disease that can threaten us. Arthur Brooks, who writes for the Free Press, he's a professor of psychology. He writes about happiness a lot, and he's writing a really thought provoking column these days for the Free Press.
Speaker 2: His peace today is something like, Hey, don't worry about the Democratic Socialists. It's a fad, like every other political fad that's come and gone in America, and the blindness of people like Arthur Brooks. And I want to write a reply to his column because I think it's important, But I have a tea time this afternoon now, so you don't know you'd like to weigh in on the issues of the nation in a critical time, but you do have a tea time, so I understand, like to save America, but I.
Speaker 1: Got a tea time anyway.
Speaker 3: What I want to point out to him is there has never been a political movement that could count on the incredibly fertile soil of we let our schools be taken over by that ideology. Now for a couple of generations of kids, they have been learning that ideology in our freaking schools.
Speaker 2: That's not been the case in the past. This is a new situation.
Speaker 3: And saying, hell, I remember in the sixties with a hippiees and that kind of went away. Oh, my god, you people are blind, all right. I said I'd wrap it up. I've wrapped it up. Elon Musk attacked the Moon for some reason me and not me, having just invested in Elon.
Speaker 1: Oh, you fool.
Speaker 3: Stray SpaceX rocket booster slammed into the Moon at roughly fifty four hundred miles per hour, carving out a crater that could be one hundred feet wide and sixteen feet deep according to moon crater estimating scientists.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we had this story Monday before it happened, saying it was going to happen. So it's happened now, and could you see it because there was some belief that you were going to be able to see it from if you had a telescope. The impact was confirmed through a debris plume spotted by a telescoping Chile.
Speaker 1: I have no idea whether it was like.
Speaker 3: A seventy nine dollars best buy telescope or something that cost forty million dollars.
Speaker 1: I do not know.
Speaker 3: Scientists say, this is a rare opportunity to and you want to talk about your niche fields study how the lunar surface responds to collisions. Huh, I was gonna get into that area. What do you want to be when you grow up? Johnny a cowboy baseball player?
Speaker 2: I want to study lunar surface collisions. Well, good luck son. Do you have any of those apps because I was using mine last night. It's on my mind where they tell you what all the stars are?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: I have the skyplus app. That thing is so cool. God, I would have loved that as a kid. And when I'm walking at night and the stars start coming out, and I wonder, what's that?
Speaker 1: What's that? What's that?
Speaker 2: And you hold up your phone and it's just it names them all. It's just it's awesome. That is Venus or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. I was taking a walk the other night and I said to my buddy, look it's.
Speaker 2: Uranus, which wowly Michael.
Speaker 1: It was just it was hanging there like, yeah, why you had to do it? I had to pick it.
Speaker 2: Uranus was hanging there like a ripe pump. At is unfortunate. No, see that's no no, you know what, I opened the door. I have no one to blame but myself.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Yeah, those apps are super super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love them. Yeah, do you get into the animals? I don't I turn off the mythology stuff. I'm not into that. The fact that the Greeks were so bored because they didn't have Netflix that they would take three stars and turn that into an archer.
Speaker 1: I just I don't get into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my wife and I are practically fanatical about crossword puzzles, and they're cause the closer the answers are constantly you know, some Greek god or some Roman god who was the daughter of Zeus.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't care, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And if you want to say, well, it actually shows the blah blah blah and it indicates humanity's long held zabad abadu.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what.
Speaker 2: I find that sort of stuff mightily interesting, but I'm not an ancient Roman. Well, I don't think it applies. There's a lot of that in the Odyssey, in the what in the Odyssey? The new movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, so I.
Speaker 2: Doing with Spider Man. Spider Man's in the Odyssey. What Ah, This cross pollination has gone too far. That was not in Homer at all. So maybe your name is Homer J. Simpson. You live on what was there Evergreen Terrace? Is that there addressed in the Simpsons, Well, thousands of places on the Internet have all that information. They also know about Bart and Lisa and medical conditions and how you vote in. Cogny is here to help you get far less scams and spams by taking that information down. If you get lots of texts, phone calls, and emails from scammers, you'll get a lot less with Incogny's help. They automatically remove your personal information from hundreds of data brokers and people's search sites, and cognate sends their legal removal request. They ain't got no choice at that point. They follow up and keep monitoring to your info stays off those lists. You could do this yourself, but there are thousands of them.
Speaker 1: Plus.
Speaker 2: Their computer software finds the opt out clauses in the reams of agreements you may have signed at one point and opts you out.
Speaker 1: It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Go to Incogniti dot com slash armstrong right now for sixty percent off.
Speaker 2: It's i ncog ni dot com. It's like incognito in Cogniti dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: You get sixty percent off. Take your private life off the market.
Speaker 2: Just to follow up on what we started this hour with the Senate panel did just vote along party lines, of course, because that's how we do everything in the modern era. To hold doctor Anthony Fauci in contempt of Congress. Whether that turns out to be a meaningless symbolic gesture that disappears into history or he ends up in jail, I don't know. I know how I would bet usually meaningless symbolic gesture.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple more quick headlines.
Speaker 3: A Republican who is running for reelection for the House in North Carolina's dropped out after evidently he was creeping out on his young female staffers allegedly, and so he's dropped. The Miller character, who may well be a wife and child abuser and unfit serve according to his father in law. The US Senator is still hanging on Wow. Meanwhile, Ukraine is playing catcher without a mit. In effect, they're out of interceptor missiles and are begging the world for more. But unfortunately, at this point Vladimir Putin, the monster, has free reign to just slaughter civilians at will.
Speaker 1: More or less.
Speaker 2: Didn't think this war could turn uglier. So we mentioned a little bit yesterday that drone video that came out.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: It's some poor old dude and his van where he sells fruits and vegetables out of it, him and his wife. And then out of nowhere comes this is a Ukrainian. Out of no where comes this Russian drone like the size of a first base or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's pretty big, and starts chasing him around the van.
Speaker 2: And the guy's running around the van and the drones chasing, and then all of a sudden, the drone, which is packed with explosives apparently or the ability to blow up, dives at him, and the guy jumps under the van somehow miraculously doesn't die, but the thing blows up. This drone chased him around the fan. Why is somebody, some Russian chasing his fruit vendor around his van to try to kill him.
Speaker 3: To terrify the populace into capitulating.
Speaker 1: To terrify the population.
Speaker 2: A couple of days after, Ukrainian drones hit a beach in Russia. If you haven't seen that video, that's pretty horrifying. You got all these people in bikinis laying on the beach someplace where they feel completely safe, and they're drinking, and there's boats and stuff like that. And a Ukrainian drone slams into the beach kills seven people. Now Ukraine is saying that that was an accident or it was shot down by the Russians or whatever. I don't know if I believe that or not. If I'm Ukraine and I'm in charge, this is we're fighting for a survival. You're doing it, We're doing We're all doing it. So I have no idea what actually happened there, but I have a feeling that Putin feels like it was on purpose. And his response is, Okay, we're just gonna hit this guy in the street, and it's ramping up. And then you add in what Joe just said that they're out of defenses. All the stuff that came in the other night toward Keev. They didn't they couldn't even try to shoot one of them down.
Speaker 1: Right, the big missiles. Yeah, so it's not good.
Speaker 2: Possible, which I didn't even think was possible, that this war is about to get uglier than it has been the previous four years.
Speaker 1: Well, here's it for instance for you.
Speaker 3: You remember back in the day when Iranian nuclear scientists had a life expectancy of about well TikTok TikTok ten minutes because guys who would pull up to him in traffic on motorcycles or what have you, and the Israelis would set back their program. Guy by Guy Well, the head of a Russian military drone factory, was critically wounded when his car exploded near Yakatt reckon Berg, killing his driver in the second attack targeting and Russian drone maker within a week. No one has claimed his onsibility, but I have my suspicions. So now Ukraine is gonna terrify, terrorize drone makers. You're gonna kill our people. Keep your head on a swivel, or comrade.
Speaker 2: Well, And you've got the major air base in Germany where they found a drone next to a plane packed with explosives, where some of the stuff that gets shipped to Ukraine comes out of that air base in Germany. And so the United States were there looking at that drone trying to figure out where it came from. But once again, similar to what you were just saying, I think I have a guess it's CDID, the Iranians or the Russians. And that's that was seen at least on ABC News last night. Is a major possible escalation that you had a European airport, major European airport, with an explosive drone sitting there from Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's really something.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got mail bag on the waist to hear both Iran and Trump say the Strait is going to be open today. I think that's the first time they've both said that. So we'll have to get into the details of that.
Speaker 1: Hour two.
Speaker 3: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. It's a bit long, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Peggy Noonan was writing about Anthony Fauci the other day. We quoted some of it, but this is such a good comparison. She talks about a lot of the things that happened, and she's such a wonderful writer, but she says it all came together and yielded a little societal Chernobyl. You remember the Chernobyl disaster in the Soviet Union, right, The reactor blew, causing a calamity. The politicians lied and couldn't be trusted. The bureaucrats lied and couldn't be trusted. The government scientists lied about the data in front of their eyes. The national press was a propaganda machine. As much as anything, Chernobyl contributed to the toppling of the Soviet Union. Looking back on the COVID crisis, a lot of professionals were trusted beyond the point they deserved. So were many politicians. As people on the ground in America rose up against lockdowns, closed schools, mask mandates, closed churches, they were often unheard or heard slowly, reluctantly, and disrespectfully. The medical and scientific establishment didn't seem to be part of the public anymore but handling the public, and by the end a lot of people thought they couldn't trust the politicians and couldn't trust the scientists. My fears that next time, and there will likely be a next time, regular people will think there's no one to trust, We're on our own. That won't be a good thing. I'm not sure that won't be a good thing, Peggy, because I think that keeps.
Speaker 1: The official honest. Well, it's talked about this the other day.
Speaker 2: One open piece of that is the next pandemic won't be the same.
Speaker 1: The disease will be different.
Speaker 2: It could spread among a completely different population, kill people at completely different rates, right, right, But human nature will be similar anyway, food for thought mailbag. No. My point was, if it's killing kids and it's easily transmissible, I'll be wanting everything lockedown. It's just people are going to react based on reality. For should right, they should, And I think a lot of people did anyway. Drop some note mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot com on the.
Speaker 3: Topic of the high stock market. To Tim Wrights, guys, I've been saying it is precarious for ten years and have missed out on the greatest rise in history, right.
Speaker 1: I said that to my stock guidea to day.
Speaker 2: I was saying, you know, I would have gotten out a year ago or two years ago. If I was gonna go with the trying to time it, I'd have thought there's no way this can last.
Speaker 3: I think it was probably five years ago. I first said to my guy, this is way overheated, and he said, yeah, hang in there anyway. And this on the similar topic, whord I put it her there? It is Richard, retired marine living in Las Vegas. Here. My investment story began in the late seventies. My first duty at Camp Pendleton. Gladys can jump in with her harp if she likes.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: It was nineteen seventy six and Richard was in Camp Pendleton attending a college class on investments, and all my readings the name Haliburton kept showing up. Then talked to a class to a roommate learned his dad worked at Haliburton. So with all this buzz around me, I decided to buy about twenty shares at sixty dollars a share. I remember the price because that was all the money this young marine had.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Problem was Mom and Dad had to buy it for me because I wasn't twenty one. Well, I'm sent overseas to Okinawa. There, I kept tracking Halliburton by reading the Asia version of the Wall Street Journal. Within the year, the stock split at least three times, so my twelve hundred dollars investment was now worth seven eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Not bad for a year overseas. Now the twist.
Speaker 3: During one of my visits with Mom and Dad, I told him about the value of the investment and suggested it was time to sell. Well, they told me they didn't have the investment anymore. They sold it because the price had dropped briefly to around fifty dollars and they didn't want me to lose all.
Speaker 1: My money, so they sold it. Uugh boy.
Speaker 3: Moral of the story, follow your gut instinct and don't let mom and dad make decisions for you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Chard to punish ourselves. Yesterday ran through some of the most exciting versions of investing in the stock market in history. Apple and video tesla that if you'd gotten at the right time and gotten out the right time, what would have happened? And of course practically nobody does that, Tim bad Tim and Phoenix rites. Greetings, men and Katie. I have a suggestion.
Speaker 3: If you remember back in the thirties and forties, there was a group of national socialists who called themselves the Nazis. I suggest we call the modern democratic socialists the Datzis.
Speaker 1: You folks can make this happen.
Speaker 3: The doatzis interesting, but I think the Islamist faction is more dangerous.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll think about it.
Speaker 3: The topic everybody's talking about after the show yesterday was my neighbor justified in trapping an opossum Aaron Wrights. They're nocturnal and tick eradicators. They even eat mice. They have wicked, sharp teeth, but just want to be ignored. Stop trapping apossums. Yeah, let them. Let them live their little life with their weird, hairless tales.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna chew my neighbors out. Oh, let's see how about this? Oh.
Speaker 3: On the topic of what is common sense? What's the definition for it? Jeff Wade in a little late from Fontana, California. Here's my definition of common sense. The ability to understand cause and effect, which in turn is the ability to discern truth. I think truth might be an interesting topic for a deep dive on the show, maybe some learned guests to add to the discussion and my ability. In my opinion, the inability to discern the truth is what causes most of today's problems. Yeah, we talked about that ideology trumping truth.
Speaker 2: What is truth? We'll make that a whole day someday. If you missed a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty