Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you.
Speaker 3: Baby. Welcome to Brooklyn Boys Slice time for episode three point thirty nine and beyond. I'm Scary Jones got David Brody over here, and we appreciate you listening on a weekly basis and you continue to support this podcast because this is the side piece. This isn't the main This is a side Yeah. This is the GOOMD, the GOOMD podcast.
Speaker 4: It's the podcast about the podcasts.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: If you listen to episode three third.
Speaker 2: Hey, yep, and and the ones before.
Speaker 4: Before ye, slightly before ye, well, you'll hear people are our listeners we call slices, leaving their opinions, their commentary on what we talked about.
Speaker 3: And the only way you can do that is by listening to the iHeart Radio app, which all these people that you're about to hear did and so that's why we encourage you too to listen to the iHeart Radio app. Please, and then you can click on that microphone and leave us some feedback. And while you're at it on that iHeartRadio app, don't forget to reset the preset and make us your number one. Make the Brooklyn Boys the number one preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Please it means a lot to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that what he said. Hey, one of the homework assignments that I gave the slices last episode. A couple episodes ago, when I talked about the unusual names at graduation ceremony I was at, and one of the kids' names was earth Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming siblings Win and fire Yep.
Speaker 4: A major slice a A a fairly regular contributor to Slice Time. But I won't. I can't mention names, uh said, I can anonymously mention this name of someone they came across in their in their life, an actual name, but they didn't want me to mention their name, so I will not mention their name, but the so the person, the name of the person that they came across in their life in the last few years. Their last name was SOB s A A B like the car, like the car, to which my friend, who was talking about buying a SOB I once said, please sell enough what you sob stories? Uh? A classic joke back in the day. This person's first name, scary Yeah, was C A R L E A T h E R car leather car, leather car. Leather Sob. Oh, come on, this is the name and from a reliable slice call Leather. So here's what I'm gonna do. I didn't do this before, So this is this is as as we're we're on this, I'm I'm going to look up this person's name and see if they exist on the internet.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Google is asking me if I mean something else. Nope, and I do not pretty sure about what you mean. You mean, you say, you say what you mean?
Speaker 4: Say what I mean? Yeah, Nope, I do not mean anything else. I do not mean that. They're not going to rephrase my request. I'm gonna put it in quotes now because then I have to see if anything comes up in quotes.
Speaker 3: Should we get to call Leather sob? Should we get to the talkbacks in the meantime? This isn't the prokle buys, you know.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying nope. So anyway, thank you for your feedback on unusual names of people you met. There is nothing on the internet if that's this correct spelling of that person's.
Speaker 2: Name, but very cute. I like it.
Speaker 4: Congratulations mister missus Sob, you've given birth to uh you see, was it a male or a female, okay, a woman. Oh congratulations, you've given birth to a little girl. What are you gonna name her?
Speaker 2: Car Leather?
Speaker 7: Right, hey, Brooklyn boys, m J, FO MENJ And I'm trying to keep up here, three thirty seven failing those names. Yeah, that's crazy, Ashley, Amanda, those you know, those are like reams. You have to say ten years or something. I don't agree with that. Maybe my name Mary, I could see that. That's old anyway. The wedding, Yeah, give half a gift. It's a Wednesday, you know what. I know you could do it all right. I would go online and look at the venue, right, and then see how much they charge for like you know, or just inquire, like pretend you're getting married or something, or you know, just see how much the rate is on a Wednesday, how much per played it is, things like that. But he's a good Give him the money. You've got it, your bougie bast Get it out of your merse. Okay, have fun guys this week.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right? And Jafer J. Didn't know her name was Mary, but it is.
Speaker 4: Get your money out of your mercy, your boogie bastard.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 3: She's Yeah, I liked her. She had some great talk packs this week. Thank you and Mary Brooklyn boy.
Speaker 9: Has been from upstate. I'm not sure if the Slice Time will make it to next week because I'm recording this the same day the latest episode of Slice Time dropped. Anyway, Scary, you must love being in the doghouse. I don't know how sensitive Robin is or whatever, but I know how females are. No offensive females out there. But he says, somebody made a comment on the whole eyes dilating nonsense, and Scary says I should have used it.
Speaker 2: My excuse, You're not the only one.
Speaker 9: My eyes don't dilate for idiots.
Speaker 3: Oh man, thank you there.
Speaker 4: Oh there's lots of women in My eyes don't dilate forward presently.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 3: I tried to weave my way out of that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't weave very well.
Speaker 10: Anthony and David David and Anthony, Anthony Danny from Connecticut here DAC places are not polluting their time with too much work chat while listening to the BBP because they do need a mental recharge. They are all probably hard at work and at points in their careers where they're having to work hard to further themselves, probably at the sacrifice of their social life. So in moments like this, I hope they can appreciate and understand that they do need a bit of a pause.
Speaker 3: Okay, and women did did Donnie just he's not Danny?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on part two.
Speaker 10: And I just wanted to say that Brodie David has a wonderful paternal energy about him. You're Brooklyn's golden boy, and you know it. You weren't too scary, Anthony, but without the paternal energy.
Speaker 2: All right, well I'll take it. Thank you, Danny.
Speaker 4: If we all learned if scary head paternal energy, he would be old and decrepit looking the.
Speaker 3: Slice formerly known as Donnie.
Speaker 11: Brosie.
Speaker 12: It's Liam.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry. I was the unnerd AAC units in market district. I'm sorry if I'm that, But other than that, you gots so blessed that Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks Liam.
Speaker 4: That was Liam who left talkbacks two weeks in a row. Now that was that was much clear, Liam. Thank you.
Speaker 14: Hi Maria from Union City.
Speaker 15: Again, I just want to ask Cowan Valdez when you leave your talkbacks, are you walking in the park, because I follow you on TikTok, and I just picture you walking in the park by the Big Lake while leaving a talkback, because that's how I see your tiktoks. And also I guess we must be neighbor because I know that park.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, Jersey Girl all right, missed connections right here on its lifetime.
Speaker 16: Hey Brooklyn boys, it's Owen from Philly again, Brody, I'm reading your read to me. Uh, if that's a Seinfeld reference, I had no idea, but it should be if it's not. Anyway, Lauper and whopper, Yes it is her name, and yes it should be pronounced correctly. However, one accent I can think of is the Boston accent.
Speaker 5: They would say lapa and woppa, so it would rhyme for that.
Speaker 4: But well, okay, if people in South Boston destroy the English language, that doesn't make the words a rhyme. It just means they don't speak well. No offense Boston. And by the way, considering how scary shit on Philadelphia last episode, I'm surprised that he didn't comment on that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm I'm sure this was left before we did the episode of Broken. I'm sure I'm sure he's going to be uh circling back Philly brotherly love coming in hard for scary.
Speaker 17: Oh and while I'm at it, I did date someone from Pittsburgh and he said Wopper, not the U, but er, so he would also feel that those two rhyme or if he even gave two fucks. But yeah, Pittsburgh has that kind of awe with a lot more words than just what Philly has, like maybe half of the words.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, sorry, Pittsburgh doesn't speak well either. That's what we're learning today. Okay, okay, continue change the fact that Lauper and Wopper don't sound the same.
Speaker 18: How many times does she have to say that she follows the rules of Starbucks After the seventh time, I think that was sufficient.
Speaker 2: What where'd that come from? I don't know that came out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Who is she talking about?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Did she leave me talk back for a different podcast? And maybe did we play something about the rules of Starbucks?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, I bet you that was for somebody else.
Speaker 3: Wow, a wrong number, our very first wrong number on slice It.
Speaker 4: Did we play an Instagram reel or something from like seven eight episodes?
Speaker 2: No, you gotta you gotta give some context here.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, you gotta say, hey, remember you were talking about blah blah blah. This is my thought.
Speaker 19: Hey, b boys, as William in a line of Brodie, your fluid on the knee made me think of when I had discovered I had gouted many years back. My knee had swrolen over by the side of a grapefruit. Went to the doctor. They told me it was galop so they could drain it. Told him, please, it's really painful, drain it. They stuck a needle under my knee, coup pulled out about fifty see seeds of whatlu I mountained you, and then went back and pulled out all about three quarters of another fifty ccs of the same type of fluid, but like you immediately better.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't talk in CC's, I talk announces, but medically probably CC's. By the way, scary. Do you remember the band in the seventies had a couple of big hits called ten ccs? Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Do you know where the band name came from?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: I know, I have no idea. I don't know what a CC. It was a low case ccs, right, CC I medical.
Speaker 4: It's a medical term for it's. It's how you measure fluid in medicine, Like, give me ten ccs of this liquid, nurse, and me a syringe with it's. It's CC's. You can google what CC stands for. But my point is the band ten CC's name themselves after the amount of fluid that comes out when a man finishes.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 4: No, the average amount is about ten cs.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's where the band name came from.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're just moving right along. I'm not moving right Oh thanks, Muppet movie.
Speaker 20: Even guys, maybe funny enough.
Speaker 21: I've been going with the Krispy Pizza since it was a baby in a car Siet.
Speaker 20: My mother used to taking air as the kid.
Speaker 21: And then when I got married, I used to live up the block from Crisby on fourteenth Avenue in seventy second and uh, that's always been my neighborhood. But now I live in Freehold, half a mile away from a Crispy here.
Speaker 20: But I do have to say that the original in Brooklyn.
Speaker 21: Is still the best out of all dog for whatever reason, it's the most consistent, and the pizza.
Speaker 2: Is the best at christ ridgeal owner is.
Speaker 21: There definitely Chrispies. I'm also a Da Vinci's guy. Da Vinci's got the best ways in Brooklyn and when Gino's on thirteenth.
Speaker 2: All right, we're getting very local here, Vinnie. I love you, Bro.
Speaker 21: And one more thing, the weather left to talk back about having a third person on the podcast. One of the slices none more obvious than a fellow Brooklyn boy from the same neighborhood.
Speaker 20: Bro, just putting it out there. Wow, I'd love to do it.
Speaker 2: He's campaigning Vinni from Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: First of all, Ben, if you want to be on the podcast, you gotta figure out why you're so low on the talkbacks this week. Also, you got to bring something to the table different than talking about the pizza place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta. You gotta talk to a national audience, Vinnie. I mean, I've While this is all great nostalgia, most people are like, what is this?
Speaker 2: What is he talking about?
Speaker 4: But anyway, Krispy Pizza is a chain that started out in our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: We have to explain all this stuff now, Da Vinci, We'll.
Speaker 4: Have to tell you Crispy Pizza is not a good name for an Italian pizza place. In Bensonhurt.
Speaker 2: It was, especially when it was Krispy with a K. It wasn't even a C. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But my point is, like Krispy Pizza sounds like a bad chain of pizza places in the Midwest. Like it doesn't sound like Tony's Pizza. We've talked about that.
Speaker 3: But people people like sometimes people like the Crispy Bottom, like me, I love a Krispy Bottom.
Speaker 4: About the But to me, Crispy Pizza not that it isn't Crispy Pizza. It's that the name Crispy Pizza sounds like an American place that sells pizza in a mole.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean whereas Borrows is owned by the very Italian Tobarro family from Howard Beach, home of some very connected people. But to Borros is not your typical Italian pizza. It is food court pizza.
Speaker 20: Yeah, all right, many from Brooklyn. Again, what else the pharas fan?
Speaker 21: But I gotta say, even before Dominic passed the older he got the worst that got all right. Maybe it was because he moved so slowly, but it became almost a novelty thing for like five dollars of slice, and it poured so much oil on it and everything, and but back in the day it was one of the best pizzas around for sure.
Speaker 3: Listen, we do have some strong contenders. And to Vini's credit on that one, Dfharai is a national is nationally known and you know people, it's all over TikTok and if you follow pizza then you know what that is. It's one of the holy grails of pizza. It's part of the holy Grail of pizza. But anyway, yeah, I mean, yeah, of course the quality waned over the years. We know the current owners, which is his daughter. I'm getting here. Here we go, going local again, Brody hyper.
Speaker 4: If I could just just for a moment, I want to give a shout out to a Slice Kelsey guth Mueller. I hope I'm pronouncing that properly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 4: They messaged me a couple of weeks ago and said, hey, we're going to be staying in Bushwick, Brooklyn, which is not that far from where we grew up, but not that close. Robert is need some recommend what roberta is Okay, need some recommendations pizza places? So Ice is what I is. What I wrote, speaking of local Brooklyn. If you are in the Bushwick section, then you have to go to Alberta's Google it, I said, and if you have a car, you have to go to Llenb's Spermoni Gardens get the Sicilian slice. Blah blah blah, and then I gave us some places in Manhattan. Anyway. The feedback was, uh, they went to Spermoni Gardens based on my recommendation. In the fact we talk about the most.
Speaker 2: Please tell me they got the square and not the round.
Speaker 4: They got the square. The round is fantastic too, by the way, they said, the Sicilian sliced a ten out of ten. They went back for round two. Two hours later they went all the way to where we live for the pizza, went back to Bushwick, which is about again forty minute drive, and then liked it so much. Two hours later, turned the car one and went back for more. Llenb Has that effect on people a recommendation. They're from Minnesota, she and her husband. So the Minnesotans liked their pizza.
Speaker 2: Ye, all right, let's get out of the mud here. People.
Speaker 3: Most people like, what are these people talking about?
Speaker 4: These two just so talking pizza. This is a matter where you from I gave a recommendation.
Speaker 12: They liked it all right, Ayce Crodi. It is the regional New York again, and I heard my talk back and you asserted that it's on the roof. It is if I was a rich man.
Speaker 4: No, I said were.
Speaker 22: I thought it was.
Speaker 11: If I were a rich man, And I will tell you.
Speaker 12: I double checked, and I am right.
Speaker 23: You are wrong, bucket.
Speaker 12: If I were a rich.
Speaker 11: Man, I correct police, get it right, get it right, get it right.
Speaker 2: Wow, they're on your brody, get them off you.
Speaker 4: Okay, except I corrected myself like thirty seconds later. You must have left to talk back before you heard that, probably, But I love that. I love that your name is Rachel and that you're from Brooklyn and that you're integral.
Speaker 12: The Brooklyn boys. It's Rachel from New York and just following us on the were or was conversation?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 12: Heiri. What you said in three thirty five was quote.
Speaker 18: The only difference is if it wasn't for me, Robin would get all the stuff because I know Elvis.
Speaker 12: So it turns out you were incorrect in that instance. It should have been if if you were.
Speaker 7: Okay, yay, Grammar, yay, grammar.
Speaker 3: Whoa hoo, Oh my god, oh my god, I can Rachel Mo. It gets me so hard thinking about grammar all day. Yeah, Siri and Brodie.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, why did you go to commercial?
Speaker 4: Maybe Rachel was about to give an update that she heard that I corrected myself before that was the end of Rachel unless she Rachel, unless she left to talk back seven hours later, when we got this later, when we got the next one.
Speaker 24: All right, Shay, by the way, see now I was I was trying to beat take time and figure out to pare something at least nice and sympathetic to you nick fans, and then scary.
Speaker 5: You had to go and step in it. You you had to.
Speaker 24: You had to go and just go dance on the minefield of stupidity and.
Speaker 5: Come out with that that.
Speaker 24: New York bullshit and fire it is, my friend, Let's make something unequivocally there, Yeah, undeniable. There's nothing I repeat nothing, as Philadelphians I hung up on or envious about in New.
Speaker 5: York zero zero zero counted zeir Row.
Speaker 4: That's a lie.
Speaker 5: Envious of what? Pray tell what what? What? What do we wish we had?
Speaker 3: Clearly he's referencing the comment that I made, and I will double down on it that, Yeah, well, Philly lives in the shadows of New York, so it is Boston. So sometimes they're the jealous. They feel like the jealous cousin. So that's why sometimes there's some angst there. And but hold on, he continues, Oh god, he looks like he has five more of these.
Speaker 24: Envious of what paying like seven thousand dollars for an apartment that could be compared to a Thomas English muffin. It's a fucking nook or a cranny Inbvious of what of subways that flood and it's like fucking Titanics down this bitch, and you're trying to fucking get out, like jacket, get.
Speaker 5: To the surface.
Speaker 24: Envious of what fucking rats that look like Clivesdale's fucking galloping around his bitch, leaping out your restaurants, congestion.
Speaker 5: Tolls, get my dick hard. I want that. I need that in my life.
Speaker 24: Oh yes, us Philadelphias, we want all that shit. Yes, give me that. Oh a top cheese? Oh who yeah, Okay, y'all, don't even get me started about that.
Speaker 5: Stop compared to the cheese. But it you know what you know, and.
Speaker 24: Here's the ship about it. You're talking all this shit, But Brody, where do you live?
Speaker 5: Scary? Where do you live? Where do I live? We live in Jersey? Right, you do the same thing.
Speaker 24: You go and handle your business and do all your fun food fool shit in New York.
Speaker 5: But then you go take your ass right back over to Jersey.
Speaker 24: All the this that it pisses me off because y'all New York is getting y'all ship. Oh, Philadelphia is the sixth boro. No, Hudson County is the sixth borough. Okay, Jersey City, Union City, Hoboken, all that shit is the sixth bro Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: We have no.
Speaker 24: Association with you except during sports time.
Speaker 5: Football by the.
Speaker 2: Way, by the way, by the way.
Speaker 3: Uh, your Jersey, Shay shay, by the way, by the bay whatever. You're not listen. Your Jersey is not our Jersey. That's for shit. Sure you're down in. South Jersey and South Jersey are two different states, two different states.
Speaker 4: North Jersey is a suburb of New York. South Jersey is a suburb of Philadelphia, and New Jersey is the only state in America that doesn't have its own television networks Because they use Philadelphia, New York for the television.
Speaker 2: This is correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's continue with Chay by the Ways podcast.
Speaker 24: RP football, baseball, basketball. That's it, y'all. Nick Shall got height. What happened y'all shipped to bed, Oh you're here, thing that we beat Philly. Oh well, allow me to be the fucking red skull of one clap and give me the golf clap. Congraduation was in that soulstone. What do it cost you? Sat Kwan Barkley and we got a Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: That's it. You're not relevant.
Speaker 24: We come to New York for the same reason every other person does. Opportunity and entertainment. That's why we stick our fing up the.
Speaker 2: Big Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The comment at the end, Okay, so you have to come to New York for opportunity and entertainment.
Speaker 3: Therefore it's a better place. Yeah, because you don't have that, because you don't have that in Philly.
Speaker 4: You just said there's no opportunity in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that, you did. Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: It's a great city. Even though Scary hates it.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it. I love Philly. I just but he just said it. He comes to New York for opportunity and entertainment, which is which all I'm all I can decipher from that is because it doesn't exist in Philly.
Speaker 4: If your city or where you're from is only known for one food, then then it doesn't compare to a place that's known for a thousand foods or have the.
Speaker 3: Best Michelin star chefs when I could probably name only one on one hand, I can name the star chefs.
Speaker 4: We don't get any credit for New York. I'm just saying that, Uh, there's plenty for Philadelphians to admire about New York, and there's things about Philadelphia that New Yorkers love. I love Philadelphia and I love Boston. It's scary, hates every place that.
Speaker 2: Is not true. Do not go there, do not go there.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to I'm not trying to take it dump on these I'm not trying to take it dump on these places.
Speaker 4: When you say don't go there, do you mean Philadelphia? That's not nice.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking a dump on these places.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to point out what we already know.
Speaker 2: These are.
Speaker 3: These are facts that it's a bigger place, there's more going on.
Speaker 2: Here, and you.
Speaker 3: Know people sometimes, you know, they look to it places.
Speaker 4: There are places where slices live, where there's one traffic light and one dairy queen and one burger king for miles and miles and miles, and those places have their own charm and beauty, and the people that live there love it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It may not be for us, but they're great places for those people. Every place is great if you love that place.
Speaker 24: All right, by the way, again a lot, I got one more.
Speaker 5: Goddamn it. Jimmy, it's fucking Jimmy.
Speaker 24: It's Jimmy, Jimmy Rainbow, Jimmy's sprinkles, Jimmy's chilly.
Speaker 5: Motherfuckers say Jimmy. Jimmy's. See that's another thing we don't envy New York about. No, oh, Invian New yorkles very good to say, sprinkles. No, Jimmy's God damn it, Jimmy's go you go at the label.
Speaker 4: Go look at the label. It says sprinkles on it.
Speaker 2: You when your rear the pieces, reces pieces.
Speaker 4: You and your Reces pieces. Here's the thing, you know, Jimmy, things onto ice cream, you sprinkle them onto ice cream. Therefore, they're sprinkles, but you might jimmy a door open, right like, because you're all dishonest people.
Speaker 25: That's all Marko scary talking about. Uh, I like off for getting like asking for more money. When I moved jobs and I was like twenty five or twenty six, I was only making like sixty grand, and I went to the startup and I was like, nah, they were doing print circuit boards and I said I was in sixty and I was like, can I get like, uh, yeah, I only smooth for eighty and they just they offered it straight up.
Speaker 5: So I was pretty.
Speaker 25: Happy about that because I did not expect them to accept it, but that was pretty sweet.
Speaker 20: Twenty grand extra, that is.
Speaker 25: Awesome and just like within and I moved the job within two weeks. So yeah, you never know until you ask. It's always a no until you ask.
Speaker 5: That's what I've learned.
Speaker 2: You've got to try, You've got to thank you ar in Canal.
Speaker 20: Believing it's been any scary. I'm with you. I believe in ghosts. But as a.
Speaker 21: Contract though, those bathrooms and stuff like that, the shelf is supposed to be pitched towards the shower, so it's probably that you know, sliding off.
Speaker 20: But I do believe in ghosts, so I'm with.
Speaker 26: It, brod h A personal experience that made me actually stop believing was Mike Great Anne died when she was in her seventies about twenty years ago, and we were at my cousin's house, who's her granddaughter, and we were all staying there, a bunch of friends and whatnot, and in her old bedroom, my friend that was staying in that bedroom, and I could hear it from the other room the alarm clock on, like white noise just gradually increased until it was like deafening and woke us all up and then slowly came back down. But when the girl that was sleeping in that room woke up in the corner, she saw like a silhouette and a blinding white light. She was so freaked out when we ran in there, hysterical crying and like just screaming, and that she wouldn't stay in that room anymore. I believe that that was my cousin's best friend. She was at the house all the time, she knew her grandmother. It was wild mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: See we have another believer, Brody. Brodie's like leaning back in his chair, not knowing what to make of this.
Speaker 4: The cousin's best friend saw the great the grandmother, but the grandmother didn't bother to visit the granddaughter. That's what we're hearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay with it. I believe it.
Speaker 4: The granddaughter doesn't get to see her grandmother, but some stranger. Oh sheez, the grandmother.
Speaker 3: You never know, A right could be all right, listen, I trust didn't scare her granddaughter, so she said.
Speaker 4: So she wanted to scare the front. Maybe she didn't like the friend. Maybe she wanted to find the hell out of the house.
Speaker 27: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Maria Fremunion City. I'm leaving a talk back in regards to the Chinese food. Thank you for letting me know about precious because I had no idea they had clothes because we went back to Young two, which is what Scary ended up talking about. But now we're looking for a new one because Young two kind of fell off as well.
Speaker 15: The last time we ordered it was just not good.
Speaker 5: No, all right, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, more local talk with the Brooklyn boys on Slice time.
Speaker 12: You know what. That's quite a night, hey guys, for from Connecticut. Scary, I totally believe what you're saying.
Speaker 11: I've had many encounters, but my favorite encounter was after my dad passed.
Speaker 12: I moved to.
Speaker 11: This place in the Bronx on Pelham park Way, and there was this shadow of just a person walking through each room and it felt like to me as if he was just checking the place out with me.
Speaker 12: Ye it, it just meant a lot. So I believe.
Speaker 20: Yep, brody and scary and never scary.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to mean to go yeah, but yes, I agree with you. Thank you so much. That was touching, brody.
Speaker 23: And scary and never scary and brody it's more from CT.
Speaker 20: I'm with you, Brody.
Speaker 23: I need that red covering all over that roast pork, none of that fresh shit. Yes, you know I'm with you on that one hundred percent no vegetables.
Speaker 2: I'm scaryot, you know.
Speaker 23: I I believe you know you have a lot of good restaurant places in mind, But I don't know if I would really trust with you know, the Chinese recommendations from you to be honest but fair enough. I'm not sure, you know, because like I would trust absolutely Italian or anything else, but Chinese.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I think you'll beat like too bougie for me.
Speaker 23: I need that Chinese restaurant where like you walk in and you know, you got the lady with the with the attitudes like what do you want?
Speaker 20: What do you want?
Speaker 23: You got the little boy in the corner, you know, doing homework. You got the menu pictures that are fading out. That's the type of Chinese place. I need none of that fancy bougie shit and everything always takes ten minutes no matter what.
Speaker 4: Ye Hey, can I just say the menu of the pictures of food. In my favorite takeout Chinese restaurant, the Hona and beef sign used to say h u m a n instead of hunan. It's a human beef. And they took a magic walker and they made it an end. But you can still see that it's used to say human beef, human beef. Also, I want to give an update. I just searched for Precious Chinese again and there's a grand opening sign in the picture and it's now precious Japanese and Chinese.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the menu and it's half Chinese, but and it's half Japanese. But here's the thing, they're selling half as much Chinese food as they used to. So all the things I used to like there are on the menu anymore.
Speaker 3: They probably paired it down, paired it down and only go with the classics, all the big Chinese and Japanese.
Speaker 4: But they didn't call it precious Chinese and add the end Japanese. They changed it to Precious Japanese. So Precious Chinese did close. But now there's a place they're located with the same logo, Precious Japanese and Chinese. Son.
Speaker 21: Yeah, the Siamese Twins day, I think I think it should be one sea.
Speaker 20: I had how many seats?
Speaker 21: So if you have one hundred seats in the theater, you should be payting making one hundred seats worth of money.
Speaker 20: That is right. Keep them mad at that they got two heads.
Speaker 2: They don't get the double dits.
Speaker 21: If you've got a baby that sits on your lap on an airplane, you don't play pay for a second ticket?
Speaker 20: Do you under a certain age?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 20: I don't know how much.
Speaker 4: Questions questions, but it's two social security numbers.
Speaker 2: It's two adults.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brodie, all right, look at you.
Speaker 4: Let me ask your question.
Speaker 2: Trying to price gouge if you if okay, very unlike you, very unlike you.
Speaker 4: You want to know if you were in a room and it said fire code, only one hundred people allowed, and there were ninety nine people, but one twins wanted a walk games, does that make it one hundred and one?
Speaker 3: No, it's one set of legs. No, No, it's two people. I know, but it's one set of legs. They're not taking up space.
Speaker 4: What if a person comes in with no legs, how does that count?
Speaker 2: Then they're taking up the space of one person.
Speaker 4: I don't know that there they're wider than they're like a person and a half.
Speaker 28: Brooklyn boys. I was just seeing something online about all the Disney princesses and their ages according to their princes, and I think.
Speaker 12: Ariel was fourteen.
Speaker 28: Oh no, Prince Eric was like thirty one.
Speaker 20: So that's creepy.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a second, that's creepy from the jump. Then they made a film about that. They allowed America to see this. They weren't having sex. But again when I googled, she was sixteen. But even so fourteen I scared me. Let me ask your question.
Speaker 4: If you're choosing up a basketball team five on five basketball.
Speaker 2: Right, we're going back to the Siamese dream.
Speaker 4: One team has four players. One team has four players.
Speaker 3: When that other team gets a pick, can they choose the song that conjoined twins as their fifth player? Yes, you get the bonets, doublehead fake, you get the bonus football, they get two helmets. Now do you play account helmets in football?
Speaker 4: I mean, there are two people.
Speaker 2: We're continuing, this is going to continue on.
Speaker 4: But if they played baseball, is it two outs if they strike out? I have to know these things.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 28: So anyway, all the princesses, they were like fourteens fifteen. My princes were much much older. I mean, I think the youngest prince was nineteen. The rest were like twenty five, twenty six, thirty. U what is Disney really trying to push? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: That's old, that's not just remember that almost all of the original Disney stories were fables that were written and they turned them into Disney stories. Disney didn't write Cinderella, Disney didn't write snow White. They just disneified them. Not that I'm just saying. Back in those days, age wasn't like a thing. People didn't wi people. In the old days, kids got married at thirteen, fourteen years old. They were given away by their parents for like goats.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay. I can't think.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's right.
Speaker 3: I know it ain't like three Daughters, it's podcast. I'm depressed now. I can't believe this is what we're But she wanted a fourteen year old? What do you do? It is awful, This is everything, very unsavory feelings right now. I gotta I gotta take a shower after this, all right by myself, with the ghost that I see what I'm saying, Here we go.
Speaker 2: I knew you were going to go there, bastard.
Speaker 20: It's stay from New Jersey.
Speaker 5: I'm dying.
Speaker 14: Listen to this conversation about Jessica Rabbit.
Speaker 16: You just say she was hot in her day, as if somehow this cartoon character has aged.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think hold on, I think I think you're like she was hot for the times, right, so not back in In other words, back then that was like porn.
Speaker 2: What's those actual?
Speaker 4: You can but now you can watch animated like you can watch anim porn, anime, Jessica Rabbit.
Speaker 2: Rush anime porn.
Speaker 3: I guess, hey, you could tell AI to make a porn of Jessica rabbit and it'll just.
Speaker 4: Not doing that. But I guess you could, yeah, asking for a friend, but she has aged.
Speaker 29: Well, I guess you could say, damn little scare your phone tap off flat was absolutely loves my.
Speaker 2: D Thank you. Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Wrong, uh wrong, talkback. It's okay, though, I appreciate it. You got to the compliment, for sure. I appreciate the compliment.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 29: Yeah, leaving again, Brodie, you don't believe in the monk forces, pull up skin walk a ranch. The Indians h cursed DeLand hundreds of years ago. Now I'm telling you the demonic field is real. Spiritual realm is very real.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. You know you already know. Thank you.
Speaker 4: All Right, we'll go.
Speaker 3: All these people come in out of the woodwork talking about they agree with me on the ghost thing.
Speaker 13: You were talking on the Big show. With that, you're talking about growing your own crops. Take two copper pipes or rings of pipe on both ends of your crops and the food will grow faster, detimes, faster, larger, more production. And Brody, take note, farm your own steak, because you're never getting that steak dinner.
Speaker 2: That's very true. You have to grow my own cow.
Speaker 3: Yep, grow a cow and then kill it.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do that. Scary's gonna buy me at dinner. Somedingy are there in your religion too? My religion?
Speaker 2: Now you.
Speaker 3: Wait, what we eat cows, pigs, the religious people in my religion, everything.
Speaker 2: Unless it's green.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Brooklyn Ball, it's fall from jursy.
Speaker 30: I know it's Cary twelve or seven am on a fucking Saturday morning on a Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is a Saturday night.
Speaker 30: Brooklyn Bowl is ball from jury. Sorry about the previous talkback. Something happening and it cut off deaf point. I know it's all the eight am on a Saturday night. Yeah, I'm going to work, Starre. I'm going to work the whole wedding thing. Look, I get what you're saying, but here's my other side of the point.
Speaker 12: To kind of throw some feel on the fire.
Speaker 30: What appens to those feople that work on Sunday, Sundays or Saturdays and their weddings at the day before.
Speaker 12: I hope it is part two ye part two.
Speaker 5: So for example, I'm going to work right now.
Speaker 30: If I was at if I somebody at a wedding on a Saturday, how.
Speaker 5: Would be going to work?
Speaker 12: That ship would suck balls for me? Right, it's a Saturday. Therefore, do I give.
Speaker 5: Them a lesson gift? Just because you have.
Speaker 31: To work on the next day doesn't mean you give them a left gift. Now, I know it's Wednesday fucking sucks, but uh, I don't know how I feel about this.
Speaker 12: It's kind of weird, right anyway, here's my thoughts. I know weird.
Speaker 2: Literally, it's not weird. You're allowed and title to your own thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Broken boys Fall from Jersey. Holy shit, scary. I think you're onto something.
Speaker 31: My house was built in nineteen seventy and the fucking razor on my fucking shower he's falling off all the time. I think you're my my house as a ghost, like a seventeen seventy house see nineteen seventy seventeen seventy.
Speaker 5: I think they're related. Oh shit, scary old they do it?
Speaker 30: Hm, it's Fall from Jersey that gets the fucking laughing raiser.
Speaker 31: Fucking false and all of a sudden there's ghosts.
Speaker 5: Just because, as somebody said, the house is haunted.
Speaker 12: Shit, it's Scary.
Speaker 2: I cracked himself out.
Speaker 31: Oh my god, bro, I got so much shit to say, but I'm just gonna leave it with this.
Speaker 3: I want what he's having.
Speaker 4: I'll have what he's having the line in the movie It's a wonderful life every time a razor falls and angel gets its wings.
Speaker 14: Hi, Brooklyn boys, this is Ethan from south central Pennsylvania. Scary. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have a cleaning business and I've cleaned a lot of showers over the years. Most of those shells are tilted slightly towards the floor so the water will run off and not pull up. And what happens is razors and everything else, especially if it's wet, We'll just slide right to the floor.
Speaker 5: Love you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you what expert? Your theory's out the window. No it's not, No, it's not. It was a ghost.
Speaker 2: It was a freaking ghost.
Speaker 5: Did shelf?
Speaker 3: Thank you shook your best calld of to day.
Speaker 4: It couldn't be an obvious explanation. It must be supernatural, all right, all.
Speaker 14: Right, Ethan from south central Pennsylvania. Again, Scary just said, there's no confusion. I've cleaned a lot of old houses a lot of new houses. And if razors sliding off of wet shelves is all it takes to qualify is haunted, then this whole region must be on the world's largest Indian burial ground. Like I said, Man, sorry to burst your bubble, but it happens to me all the time. Birdie and scary, thank.
Speaker 4: You wow, thank you wow, as Scooby Doo one said, slice from throwing Foe.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 32: Okay, So I have a Brodie Scary moment again. So I'm gonna buy something from best Buy online. You gotta get it an hour.
Speaker 14: Before they close so you can just pick it up.
Speaker 32: I just miss it, so I got to go to the store and find everything myself. So nothing's where it should be. Everything's hard to find. I got to ask this guy to help me to find stuff. I asked him three times, so finally he goes in the back and gets this one. So he comes back and it winds up being the same thing. But it's five dollars more than I would have paid online. So Brody would have said, you know what, thank you for your time. But I'm just going to order it online and pick it up tomorrow and save.
Speaker 10: The five bucks.
Speaker 32: But Scary would have said, you know what, I know you're busy, thank you for your time, thanks for going out of your way, and pay the extra five and take it right away.
Speaker 5: So I went with the scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knows us very well, and you did the right thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, you missed as an option, you forgot what's the Hey, can you just ask the manager if you can take the five bucks off please because of the mistake, because I missed my window. He'll always give you the five bucks you think so, and then if you want to be nice to give the five bucks at a sales guy for helping you out.
Speaker 2: Ah, all right, everybody wins.
Speaker 6: Everybody was good Brooklyn boys, have you here for mess Mastachusetts? Leaving my first talkback, I wanted to talk about the Disney princesses. The hottest Disney princess, Princess Keita from Atlantis, the Last Empire. You don't got to worry much about her. She's like eight five hundred years old or something like that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, first talkback. I love that welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the club.
Speaker 12: Reggie here. I can't believe my talkback was breaking up. What I was saying was Basically I made some social media sites to stalk people.
Speaker 22: But it was a social media site that advertised using your back hair to make art. And now I have five orders, so I.
Speaker 12: Have to keep doing it. And before you ask, no.
Speaker 22: Not your back hair. The buyer of the art's back hair. So if you bought the art, then obviously you two, but don't buy it because I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 12: Any suggestions on how.
Speaker 5: To make it.
Speaker 12: I have five orders.
Speaker 2: Bertie, you're the expert on this.
Speaker 4: I'm not an expert on back hair, my friend, I don't have a lot of back hair. You're the hairrier one two of us.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm bald. I got that is the one thing I'm blessed with. Got no chest, not really, No, I don't have very much chair hair on my chest at all. I never did you get that between the boobs?
Speaker 4: Tought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of like in the in the upper right. It's a tough. Yeah, But my entire back and my butt bald. Never had to take a ranger to that stuff. No, not one hair grows back there. I'm I'm loving life. Oh with that all right? You know you have people take pictures of your back to prove that to yourself. Well you think, I'm Steve Carell and forty year old virgin Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 5: It's me again.
Speaker 3: Hey, we up heard a.
Speaker 33: Little when you were talking about the various sleeping positions and what they would help you with. You know, somebody called in and said that if you coach, if you sleep on.
Speaker 8: Your right hand side, you would have nothing but good dreams.
Speaker 33: And you know, that kind of got my curiosity going.
Speaker 2: So I thought I'd give it a shott.
Speaker 8: And Mountain do review. You know me, I'd like to do reviews.
Speaker 5: So what I did.
Speaker 8: I alternated one day sleeping on my left side and another day sleeping on my right side, you know, for six days in a row, and then seeing what the outcome would me seeing if I really had good dreams while sleeping on my right side on it.
Speaker 34: Okay, you know I've got earthing written down here. Let me see here, Okay, let me say here. Uh yeah, okay, well you know that's I. Let my girlfriend listen up.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 8: What I found is that it didn't make a difference either sleeping on your left or right side. It didn't make a difference on if you had good dreams or baddreams. I had good dreams both on my left and right side. But there's something else that I did forgot. Let me see if I can find it here.
Speaker 2: Hold on, he tried to ask his own d.
Speaker 20: Okay, here it is.
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 8: What I did find and what was consistent after sleeping on my right side is that every morning when I after sleeping on my right side, I would have the worst case of morning wood that you would ever believe. Oh my god, make it so hard to get him in the bathroom, and you know, get it in the toilet, I'd have to step back quite a bit and then try and shoot it in like a rainbow.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: Well, that's what I found.
Speaker 3: Thank you there, Trucker with the uh the analytical grouping of talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Did I love that he needed to find the paperwork so that he could tell us that it was the same on both sides.
Speaker 2: He has paperwork for it.
Speaker 4: I gotta check my notes here. It was the same on both sides.
Speaker 35: Good thing was that Dustin from North Carolina. I have a ghost story for you, guys. So when my parents first got married, they moved into a house and the guy that lived there before them hated us and said that nobody in our family would ever live there again.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 35: Well, the first night they lived there, they heard a knock at the front door, and when they went to the front door and opened it, the knock started at the back door, and when they went to the back door, they started.
Speaker 14: Like two or three times.
Speaker 35: And my dad grabbed a shotgun and told my mom when the knocking started the back door to open it. And as soon as she did that and it started at the front door, he shot through the door and then it quit and it didn't happen well. The next night, they were sleeping the bed and my mom's legs picked up off the bed and she started getting drug out of the bed.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 35: My dad tried to hold on to her, but he couldn't stop her from so he couldn't stop her, so he got up and turned the lights on.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 35: Well, as soon as he turned the lights on, her legs failed, and it scared the crap out of him so bad that they ended up leaving the house and going to spend the night with my grandma, and they never went back to the house again.
Speaker 2: I have the shippers right now. That is creepy man, and I believe him.
Speaker 3: Why would he have Brody has his arms folded. You have to see how I wish I had a video on this right now. Brody's in disbelief, his arms folded, just kind of side eyeing me, like you know, like the dog and all the memes, like liar.
Speaker 4: You can explain away the door knocking as pranksters knocking on, like two pranksters knocking on, doing running away.
Speaker 3: The door knock.
Speaker 2: No, he just said it, but he said it. He said he shot through the door. He would have killed somebody.
Speaker 3: The door and y'are too, he would have killed somebody. Brodie, you're very let me tell you something. You're very careful, like you you're very careful about your facts, and you're and you're very methodical.
Speaker 2: So you're all there's holes in what you're saying here.
Speaker 4: No, you can knock on a door from the next to the like by the side of the door, so if the gunshot goes through the door, you're not from the door.
Speaker 2: You can also do it knocking to make here. No.
Speaker 4: No, what I was saying was I can't explain the legs flying in the air like they don't still care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, Okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: I just feel like in the history of the world, it's through the world, there's been a few billion people at least. I don't know how many people have lived. I mean it's seven billion now, so maybe one hundred billion people have lived on this planet. Are you telling me? It as like nine ghosts in the country, one in North Carolina, one in your hotel.
Speaker 2: There are all there are all over the post.
Speaker 4: There should be a thousand ghosts for every person on the planet.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe not.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe one hundred generations of two hundred generations of humans whatever, whatever it's been, so there should be hundreds most of them every person they choose not.
Speaker 3: Maybe they've crossed over they didn't want to choose to show themselves.
Speaker 4: Maybe these now you're going with the crossover stuff cross though, All right, all right, there's like eleven ghosts.
Speaker 2: I believe your story, Thank you, Dustin.
Speaker 4: I don't not believe him. I just I'm skeptical, But I think Justin is telling that. The truth is he believes it, Dustin.
Speaker 2: Justin.
Speaker 36: People come boys, it's Keelan. So I made this cute thing on chat GBT with Scary Space coming out of the Reachion refrigerators.
Speaker 12: That whole pay check.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 12: Scary was so kind and replied to my post.
Speaker 36: On Instagram it was really cute, Brody Cricket Brooklyn Boys account crickets.
Speaker 12: Funny. So I guess I have to tweet you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brody, you'll see everything you tweet.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm on Instagram.
Speaker 2: You obviously.
Speaker 4: No, she said, I sent a message to the Brooklyn account.
Speaker 2: Both both.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Caitlin, if you sent me something, hold on, it's very funny. Single.
Speaker 3: Remember the story where I was in Whole Foods and I stuck my head into refrigerator and it was a double sided refrigerator, and I'm like, yo, is anybody working here?
Speaker 2: She has?
Speaker 3: She made an AI picture of me, like from the opposite angle from me with my head sticking through the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's you. Gotta you had you had to have been there anyway, Well, she continued.
Speaker 3: Sent me in.
Speaker 12: Not as good. The second one came out adorable.
Speaker 36: I posted it on the Brooklyn Boys Facebook fan page, So I don't know if you'll see it there.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you're on there, But I guess I'll have to tweet you we're.
Speaker 3: Not on there.
Speaker 36: I know you're just.
Speaker 12: She sent you my friend, she sent you the she did not also Asian Mike. This whole time, I thought you were like my age, in your mid thirties. And then I'm finding out that you have kids in college.
Speaker 36: And high school. All right, I don't know, I gotta see what you look like, but you sound so young.
Speaker 12: Forties is definitely still young. But I thought you were like in your early thirties. Good looks, good looks.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's going on at zal campboard trucker?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 8: One more timey? It's Siri Barbarino, you know, scot It concerning the little girl on the plane that's saying muana. You know, you never know, man, You know, one of these days she might read I don't know, Olivio Rodrigo status. That time, you're gonna be in your seventies and you're probably gonna think.
Speaker 33: She's hot and all this.
Speaker 8: You also just let the little spurt every time in the in the spotlight there, you know, and you never know, you know when one year in your seveny maybe you might run into her and that'll be a good pickup.
Speaker 20: Plan for you.
Speaker 8: You can tell her, Oh, I saw you on the news and you went virol and I knew you were gonna make it, you know, but you'll make sure you don't let her know you carry up first. That might really hurt you.
Speaker 2: Thank you there, buddy, you know, just taking you.
Speaker 8: On at a little girl.
Speaker 3: Alrighty God, so cowboy trucker, scary.
Speaker 18: I am calling in about your razor falling to the ground. Was the shelf by chance wet from the shower? Because if you put it on the ledge when it was wet, it very well may have just off. Sorry, No ghosts that slanted.
Speaker 2: Everyone's poking holes in the ghost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, scary.
Speaker 37: Bryan from Mickey Mouse Florida. Dang, scary. Your childhood was so long you had all the original Disney movies and Nicki Mina is growing up.
Speaker 4: That's rights right, Nice dude.
Speaker 37: Say that found of youth with some of us over here. Man, Ryan from Mickey Mouse Florida Again. Yeah, I wouldn't want my kid singing on an airplane.
Speaker 20: I've worked at Disney long enough before that we don't need.
Speaker 37: To hear Disney everywhere we go, even if we're flying to Florida, because, like you say, scary, I'm just flying back to Orlando to get home. I can hear it when I go to work at Disney.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that people are siding with us. Yeah, all right, here the last one brody, okay, drum roll.
Speaker 8: Hey it's Lauren from Orlando. Here's my question for the conjoined twins conversation.
Speaker 12: What if one of them has TSA pre.
Speaker 14: Check or Google entry and the other one doesn't.
Speaker 35: We talked what happens?
Speaker 3: Then we talked about this just now right, Yeah, yes we did. I don't know so many questions, you know, and we'll never get the answers.
Speaker 2: Really, but I mean, I guess.
Speaker 27: We have to.
Speaker 4: We have to get like called TSA. I don't know, let me know, let me let me google. Hold on, Conjoined twins both need ID to get on a plane. Yeah, yes, Conjoined twins generally need separate ideas travel just like any other individuals. That's unfair to them as separate legal Okay, they cannot be. They cannot ever be separating plane seats. No hold on, let's see no. Conjoined twins generally do not purchase two airline seats. Airlines typically require patges to purchase extra seats if they can't fit comfortably in a single seat but cannot buckle their seatbelt properly so they if they're too wide, they may have to buy two seats all right, well they need two IDs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On that note, thank you for your feedback this week on the Talkbacks Slices.
Speaker 2: We love you. We would be nothing without you. Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Reactions.
Speaker 1: This past depends on you, baby,