Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to hold up. This is the show where we have a big ideas and conversations about little things. You know, we get really intense, but it's about stuff that doesn't really matter. We're not talking about war, We're not talking about famine. We're talking about things that you know, irk us and we usually land on opposite sides of each other. Today we're gonna be talking about irons versus Steamers. I'm joined by my co hosts Duel say sloans that nigga and go ahead and tell the people, Do'll say? Tell the people where you land and why and how you came to.
Speaker 1: You know, you always ask me first. I think you should tell the people where are you land? Because I feel like you to hear all my arguments on my on my side now I feel deep in my heart. And then you're like, let me tell you all the ways that you are wrong, and first of all, on like that energy. Second of all, I think it allows you to start calculating and contemplating all of the counterpoints the arguments to my beautifully made and well executed thoughts, feelings and facts. So you go first, shit all right.
Speaker 2: Okay. You know, I thought I was being a gentleman this whole time. But no, no, no, no, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you. It was gentlemen. But it's also strategy. It's strategicy.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go ahead and go.
Speaker 1: With Irons as you would.
Speaker 2: As you would Wow, what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: Gone?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm gonna go with Irons because to me, Irons are classic and we got it right the first time. You know, Irons, first of all, they know what they're doing with the settings. Okay, Iron's got those settings on them. They got nylne, they got silk, they got cotton, they got polyester.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: You can adjust the knob. You can choose to spray, or you can choose to really push the steam through. And that's one of the reasons why I don't really think that the steamer's coming correct, because Irons already steam. They have a setting. So what you basically did was you were, you know, you were at a Quiznos thinking that, Wow, this is a great fast food sandwich. Meanwhile, Subway was like we've been toasting. So that your whole business model was wrapped up in a thing that we do on the side, And honestly, that's that's how I feel about irons. Irons were already steaming, pressing, doing all of the stuff they needed to do to get you wrinkle free. But then Steamers come out of nowhere, being like, we're the cool, hit, young new thing that doesn't even really do as much as our predecessor.
Speaker 1: Okay, one shout out to quiz nos way better than the subway. I don't know what happened to him. I don't know who didn't send an email. I don't know what had to occur for that business to go the way that it did, because it was actually pretty good. I of course went Steamers because I am a professional. And okay, we have to talk about how dangerous an iron is. Right, people have loved irons on burned down homes, burned people. Listen, you saw the episode of Good Times where Penny's mother came after her with that hot iron. Okay, we all have been just his We've all had burns marks on us from using irons. I remember this in my neighborhood. Listen, I'll tell you what he said, hot iron in his house. He's a kid, he's walking through bumps into the ironing board. There's a scar on his arm where it was a triangle of the top of the irony of the iron. It's the triangle and then like three of the holes. Right, it's on the young man's arm. He said, he bumped into the iron. That's none of my business at long past. Okay, I don't think CPS was coming. All right, we've all melted a piece of clothing. I was trying to because there are multiple settings, right, yeah, but I've had polyester. It was my favorite pair of pants, right, trying to get to work. They were wrinkled. I work with a bunch of black people, so you know, you can't come to work with wrinkle clothes. We work with black people, right, clothes can't be wrinkled. You can't be ashy. There's so many things we're late to work to make sure we look good enough for each other. No matter where we work. You could be in office, you be in a McDonald's, doesn't matter. We require each other to reach a certain level of standard. Right, polyester pants, polyester setting melted the fuck out of these pants. Favorite pair of pants. Have a little fake built us out to them. It's two thousand and three, I'm living my best life right, got my fun little stretch of pants. They're good for work, they're good for going to the club. You go up going out with my frendsy, wear them on a date. And now I go to iron them. I said, I'm on the setting. I read it polyester. It says you can and all of a sudden, all of a sudden, like a plastic bag close to a stove, crumbled, crumble. You understand you ever been cooking, you had like your grocery bags still close to the crunk gone. I thought those pants when I cried, oh I loved them, was like pants. I look good in them, pants too. Everything was hitting, popping, pop and popping. That thing was staging. The cakes was caking, and no, the iron took me out. Been burned by an iron. Also, that steam setting on an iron, what it does is it shoots water all over your clothes. And then you have to have the knowledge and the know how and the foresight to be able to get that water mark off the clothes because sometimes that water, the big drop of the water you iron over it, it actually carrates the water marker in your clothes. So now you're trying to look go nice at your business meeting, and now you just full of splotches. So steamers for me, one, I said, because if I'm a professional. Right, they don't have irons on set. There's no irons in costume shops. You know, there's like an iron like it I'm saying is sometimes there's an iron costume shop, right, but there's always a steamer on set. They make portable steamers. Okay, deliver it. Listen. There's no hot plate, but it's off. It's off. It's knocking them wrinkles out. You can do it on various fabrics. Okay. What I'm saying is that because you can, like say you want to some people iron curtains. Only iron curtain I know is the Soviet Union. I don't. That seems like a lot of works to me. But you can use them. It's a lot quicker than ironing. Also, you can iron creases into clothes. The setting sometimes is too high, too low. There's a lot of trial and error on an outfit with the iron. And usually when you're using an iron, you're probably in a hurry. You're gonna fuck something up. A steamer. Pour some water in that bitch and let the steam. Do the walking, Okay, you let the steam come through them wrinkles, Let the steam knock it out. You just lift it up, shoosh, shoosh. Shoot. Because I worked, I work in the costume shop before. You've seen the costume chop before every wardrobe of every TV show, movie or whatever. They ain't got no iron baby when they're out here for these fashion weeks. It's not an iron baby, it's a steamer. An iron is archaic technology. You understand, Irons is from the past. Once we got them settings, you put some steak. That's it. There's no new there's no new irons, there's no new shapes. Ain't nobody doing nothing new irons.
Speaker 2: Okay what okay? Look, first of all, the iron is the workmen's tool. We're getting those clothes nice and crisp. Okay, all right, I already see it. I already see the doubt. I see the dish on.
Speaker 1: The workman's tool. I mean you're not a workman. No, I don't know how you know it's the tool you I mean intention I don't know what working you're talking about. Right.
Speaker 2: Look, first of all that don't don't don't cope with me for things that are not irons.
Speaker 1: You know, you in the basement of our high school right now.
Speaker 2: Don't don't colte me for things that have nothing to do with with the topic.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you. I dont know if you're safe. You are like a kidnapped Josh bleak twice, link twice. If you're safe, Josh, do you have a window fresh air? He see outside? What do you see? He go ahead, workman stool, right, you working off irons? Them from home? All right, workman stool.
Speaker 2: Irons. Okay, they may not be in every costume house, but they're in every hotel, all right. The people use irons, Okay, the steamer it is a tool of the thespian and of Hollywood. But the iron is a tool of the people.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you don't think they sell steamers to people.
Speaker 2: They sell them. But you were bringing up where they're in everything of and I'm telling you, yes, they're in every costume house, but they're But irons are in every hotel and they have been for a long time now. When it comes to steamers doing things wrong, there are steamers that only take specific things. So there's steamers that only take distilled water. All right. When you don't put that in there and you just put water from the tap because you're like, oh, I just gotta steam something real quick, whatever, there is a residue you can get because it's getting caked up within the steamer. Anyone with a steamer who's had this issue, this is what it is. By the way, if you have a steamer and you've ever had this problem, it's because your steamer in fine print probably if they told you in regular letters, you wouldn't have bought it. Your steamer in fine print only takes distilled water, all right, And when you don't put that on there, that's why sometimes it's not consistent with the push of the steam and all the holes, and why sometimes there's like a little white dot residue sort of thing on the overall steamer.
Speaker 1: When you get get that on an iron as well.
Speaker 2: You can get it on iron, but irons were made for dirty water. You can even iron with water from flint.
Speaker 1: You still make an iron with mud. You can even iron.
Speaker 2: You can iron with that lead water.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to listen, all I'm saying is that I think we went over to the steamer one because it's faster. You hang up your shirt, okay, pair of pants, your gown, all right, you run that now, mind you. I have had to use an iron as a steamer. Had to do it on Monday because he went to the Emmys. Uh and you were there as well, and we hung out. And so my friend Lace layer by look her up. She is an amazing comic. She's just just on America's got talent. She's getting ready. Her address needs to get ironed, right, So what did I So? I'm laying it on the bed. I lay it on the bed, going over it, and there's too many there's too many pounds. Okay, it's too many panels. I'm losing track of where I am. Also, if you iron something on a bed, because there was an iron, but I don't remember seeing an ironing board. Okay, So when you iron something on the bed, if you've got one of those comforters with the divisions in it, then it'll create like lines and whatever you're ironing. So it's taken forever. What did I do? I went and put some water in the iron, hung it up. Was done in three minutes. Choo choo choo choo choo choo choo choo cheetootoo choo. Gown, ready, gown the house down, Ready for these emmies. Okay, ready for these parties. All the wrinkles sift way, They're gone. Okay, they fly away. Why because when I lifted it up and let that steam hit it, when I let the power of hot water instead of a hot plate get at them wrinkles.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I I understand. I did see the dress and it did look great. But from what I'm hearing, we're saying the same thing. We're both saying that irons already do what steamers claim to do it, and steamers came out of nowhere being like I'm special, I'm different, but they weren't.
Speaker 1: I have you have to buy an iron with a steamer function, like I have a small iron for like crafting.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: There's no steam function on that iron. I'd have that big steam like that big steam button my little iron. You can put water in it, mm hmm, but it doesn't hit you with the same right. So I'm not saying that there were there wasn't a steam function in the iron. I'm saying that they put steam functions in an iron because we had steamers and people were like, hey, let's add this into the iron, because sometimes the iron ain't giving us what we need. Ooh, well they added the steam.
Speaker 2: First of all. I don't think that that is correct at all. I don't know the timeline on that.
Speaker 1: Look it up.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I can look it up, but I just feel like the iron was added with steam and then someone made a steamer.
Speaker 1: There's a whole internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we can look it up right now.
Speaker 1: This has to happen because what is it? What came first the iron of the steamer? Is that the question?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, just what came first the steamer or the steam function on an iron? Because irons are way older than steamers.
Speaker 1: Oh truly, they used to have irons or you put them in fucking fires. I remember seeing those old school irons were we're like, you gotta wrap a rag around it, because I don't remember seeing them going why did you make the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, you know what I mean, why'd you make the handle metal?
Speaker 1: Why is it handle metal? Like this? Lets you know that they knew that women were going to use this because somebody didn't give a fuck, right, because it's like, yeah, I could see that they put wooden handles on like it's like pots. It's like every time I see like a lot of designs for stuff, I'm like, we were been putting wooden handles on things for a long time. Mm hmm, well, like kettles, pots and stuff like that. I'm just saying it just feels like sometimes it's just like men are mean.
Speaker 2: While you're looking it up, I'll make the case because you brought it up as a detriment, I would actually say it's potentially a plus. All right. You brought up the dangerous side of irons, all right, as if it was a negative. I'm saying, lit's lean into the danger for a second, all right, it's not it's not a con. It's a pro. There's a lot of Americans that don't want to have a gun in their house, all right, But if you got an intruder, what you hitting them with? A steamer or an iron?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Are you if you if you had a robber come in your house and you don't you don't have anything weaponized to defend yourself. But you've got an iron. Now you got a chance. If it's hot, No, no, it doesn't have to be hot. That's just that's just a bunch of metal waiting to hit somebody in.
Speaker 1: The head depending on the side. There's some of these irons. I'm just like, this.
Speaker 2: Iron is too big, not too big to fight.
Speaker 1: Now my iron is only no one's afraid. It all depends on the size of your iron. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, steamers level steamers are too ergonomically built, all right. They're not gonna do the same damage as a big, clunky iron waiting to just crack somebody across the face.
Speaker 1: The first commercially available electric steam iron was introduced in nineteen twenty six. And you're trying Drying and Cleaning Company, not Dry cleaning. Drying and Cleaning el Dick, but was not a commercial success. The patent for an electric steam iron and dampener was issued just in Chicago nineteen thirty four. You know, we should really start researching this shit before we actually get on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not really about being factual, it's about being right, that's true.
Speaker 1: Can you put in a creeze with a steamer?
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing about a steamer as well. Some steamers come with that little handheld casing. Have you seen this? So basically, when you open the steamer. The package of the steamer comes in like the little bag flattens out, and that bag is very, very thick, So that way you can run the steamer along the close but also press your hand against the steamer through the bag without burning yourself. Have you seen this?
Speaker 1: Well? I did just see again because I was like, can a steamer make a crease? It says if you wear pleated pants, you can use the steamer instead of crease. Just lay the garment down on a flat service move and move the plate down the edge of the crease as you were with an iron. And then men's health dot com why every man should own a closed steamer? Or reman all the men'ses.
Speaker 2: You're really gonna sit here and listen to men's health.
Speaker 1: Men's health seems to be the most concern about you, niggas.
Speaker 2: Look, men's health. They have their good days, they have their bad days.
Speaker 1: A right, I've had some good days, I hear you, because women's health is the same thing. Sometimes it's like, you know what, thank you for teaching me about pentepause. And then the next day it's like, oh, all the flat Tommy teaks, bitch, all of this is just a laxative, dare you? Yeah, I see what you're saying. But I know that men don't have to worry about flat Tommy te's for some reason, my stomach is supposed to be flat. But these niggas out here looking like old stoves, and I'm supposed to be impressed. They call them pop belly stoves for a reason. What came first, the pot belly or the stalls?
Speaker 2: Okay? So do you think then that the what I'm talking about with the casing with the steamer, with the handheld thing where you can really hold it and impress it. Okay, that's just to me, that's just knock off iron. And I've seen it with a couple of models. But that's fine, that's fine. I understand that you love your steamer. Understands done you right, It's just done me dirty in the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, as an iron has done me dirty in the past, I can say as someone who has had iron. Now I had to says someone who has ironed lots of clothes, I choose not to do it. Also, a lot of my clothes very flammable, very multiple. I'm not dealing with a lot of natural fabrics all the time.
Speaker 2: M H.
Speaker 1: So I don't always iron because I can't. But a lot of those clothes that are very flammable, you don't need to iron them anyway. Like all these leggings I got, you need to iron them leggings. Don't you put a leg in it? Because it's on his body? Right? You know?
Speaker 2: Yes, the body is the iron.
Speaker 1: I got you right, The body is the iron. Okay, yeah, body bodye iron. That's all I'm saying. Okay, now, how do you say iron? I hear that's the only way you say.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I didn't know a kid that he was very confused. He would always, first of all, he talked very fast, and he would always call an iron and iron. And so there was one time where he was talking about how his mom was mad because he broke the iron, and we were like, yeah, I mean it's an urn. Got somebody's ashes all over your phone, like like like yeah, because we didn't understand him for the longest time. Took us like a good eight to ten minutes of him trying to explain because he also can't say it any other way. So he's like, no, it's not an urn, it's an iurn, right, But like that's the same word that you're saying.
Speaker 1: My mama's My mom had a friend when we lived in Miami and they were country and she went over there. One time. She went over their house without me and my brother and their youngest son. He said, he give to my mom money goes where your turn at? And mother said, excuse me, said your churn And my mother said I'm so sorry, and he said, yo, cheer ran and said where are my children? He said, yeah, your chardren And mother said they're not with me.
Speaker 2: There's definitely, especially in your mom's mind. I'm sure that after the first one, like where your churing? It's like I get my butter at the store. Yeah, Like like if somebody just comes at you completely you don't know what they're saying and try to make sense of it. One of one of my favorite instances of this happening was on uh, to catch a Predator? All right, on to catch a Predator. This dude shows up. Chris Hansen got him, you know, got him like like and then this dude is like a little wannabe you know Eminem, right, so he's already got the cap, he's got like all the stuff, and you know, Chris Hansen starts asking him questions like you know, like why were you talking to a young teenager on the on the internet? All the stuff like that, all the Chris Hansen stuff that Chris Hansen does. And this guy goes, uh, he pulls his hat down and he's like, I don't really be on I don't even really want to be on TV right now? You feel me? And like so so he does that, which is already like, oh man said this guy to jail down for multiple things, yes, and so so as he said, I don't really want to be on T you right now? You feel me? Chris Hanson completely misunderstanding here, but without missing a beat, gos, yes, we are filming.
Speaker 1: No, that's not you feel me. No, No, that's not that's not what happened. You feel me not. I'm saying all of those things. There was always like jokes and like the nineties and two thousand and somebody was like, yo, you feel me, Like no, dude not. I think that's how substance of dude was, Like you feel me. This guy was like, I don't want to touch you. And I've laughed so hard I left, so I don't want to touch you. I saw this, uh, this thread I think there's an embracing black culture. It's funny because my friend Lace was like she said, she said, I've learned so much on embracing black culture, and I was like cool. She said. Thing that was crazy was like bleach when washing dishes, and I was like, yeah, I don't do it because I don't like the smell of bleach and it makes your hands weird.
Speaker 2: I also don't do it because I washed my dishes soon enough that bleach never comes into the conversation.
Speaker 1: But some people just do it all the time.
Speaker 2: When I found out there were people that do it all the time, I was genuinely blown away. I was like it just like it the the food just happened.
Speaker 1: I hear you. But some people are like clean, it is clean. But it's like I don't want bleach on my dishes because my dishes smell like bleach and I hate the smell and bleach. But it was this whole threat of just like things that black people will say that will like hype people up and people misunderstanding it. Just girls like like I was at worker when my conaworkers came in and like a new outfit and it looked nice and she's like, ooh, I'm care to you. And he was like, but why I didn't do anything? So just so it's like why why are you scared? What did? What did I do? Or you're still talking about or you know somebody else it brought something for like a potlug, like oh you put your foot in this? It's like, oh, why would I put my foot? That's disgusting, And it's like you there's there has to be a point where you realize that's not what we're saying, like, oh, my favorite is when white comics go to black rooms and have a good set and somebody be like, man, you stupid and they're like, well, I think my comedy You're like no, no, no, no, no, no no no, just giving you a compliment, just say thank you, man.
Speaker 2: You're stupid. I thought that I was pretty insightful up there, and the.
Speaker 1: Well crafted jokes and whenever black people in a group, we're all laughing. Like you've seen Derek run down the street. Uh Derek Gaines, great comedian, the Great Boy on Instagram. When the white comics came over, He's like, I just want to tell a joke and all you guys run away and then come back. He said, that's all I want. I just want to be able to come over to the group and say something and all you'll run away. I have always wondered what it is because I saw something like it's because of slavery, and I was like, come on, dog.
Speaker 2: Really everything because of slavery?
Speaker 1: Is it? I don't I mean, I can't say. I don't know. But it's like because it was like we weren't allowed to laugh because we're allowed to have fun even though we were just like already working for free Bro, already murdering us, you already stole us. You can at least let us fucking laugh, right, because I don't remember the day that I learned that when somebody said something to run away, because it's a deep feeling where you're just like I have to flee.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be I don't want to be near the person that said that right now, right even though.
Speaker 1: It's funny as shit, you're like, I gotta get away from it's very much deep in your body. Yeah, yeah, because at some point, like if we don't run, me and dere goes start jumping up and down. But I'm trying to figure out, like for me.
Speaker 2: It's a good melt. If I say something that makes somebody slide out the seat, man, I know I've made my mark. You know, I know I've contributed to the conversation.
Speaker 1: It's either there's the run the melt, or someone grabs the nearest person and they laugh, making no noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they just for.
Speaker 1: Their whole like if you weren't paying attention, because it's like they're grabbing each other and their mouths are open, so either they're screaming it like they're either in a horror movie, or they're laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like when Joe Rogan sees a knockout and he just grabs everybody that's nearer, but just stare.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, because it's like, when you see somebody do something, you must just grab the nearest person.
Speaker 2: You're grabbing them so that they're safe from what I was just said. You know, it's a lot like the mom arm with in the carcident you know where, Yes, let me stick it out there.
Speaker 1: Make sure I did that with my friend Jessica Michelle. It's a comic Mayron. The first time I ever heard Mayron say I've sucked more dicks than you've had hot dinners. Me and Jessica just but it was immediate. We grabbed each other, girded our loins, and then it were just it was just we were just frozen. I couldn't fuck, I could not function. I was just did you what the fuck that? But like you want somebody to like make you laugh like that, like I want to. I don't know if I've ever done. I don't know if I've ever done many people laugh like that while I was on stage, I've done the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's oh yeah. Also shout out Mayron. It was very funny. And I still remember the first time I met Mayron and I was just I think I was at stam New York or something, just eating a salad and we were meeting. We were like saying our hellos and everything, and he's like, are you are you out late eating a salad? And I was like yeah, and he was like, come through black excellence.
Speaker 1: Come through black excellence. Yes, Mama. I love Mayron. I remember be it a diner late in the city, and I know it was like fucking four in the morning, and I saw some young white woman eating a salad and I was like, bit's just ain't a salad time. These white women can't get no breaks, bros.
Speaker 2: Salad time, salad time.
Speaker 1: He eating a whole fucking burger, fries, all the trimmings you over. There were just a ball of lettuce and I think she put like oil and vinegar on it. I was like, you're already thin what you're trying to prove. M eat the fries. It's okay, You're gonna run him off in the morning, It's all right, But you don't because I was watching her eat the salad. She didn't look excited about it. That nigg eating that burger. He was having a great time.
Speaker 2: I can't believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think. I don't know if he was humming, but I can feel the hump her. On the other hand, every poke with a fork was like, I know acting when I see it. Right. You remember in the nineties where they kept trying to tell us you could use iron and make a girl cheese sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did you ever do that?
Speaker 1: No, my mother would have beat the brakes off me.
Speaker 2: Oh it's funny. I know a kid that did it, and he got the brakes beating off him.
Speaker 1: See, because no one tells you because the thing is you can't get butter off that iron.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, when you really think about it, you need two irons. M.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I suppose so. I mean I feel like you need to make it really effective, and then you need a pan that's flat enough for the iron to move around. But the pan.
Speaker 1: But if you have a pan, just make the grilled cheese in the pant.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, I think that if you if you've gone all the way to like I got my flat pan and I got my iron, it's like, well, JA missed the point of cooking.
Speaker 1: Right yo? I know they have to. I wonder if there's an iron cookbook, because you know there's a toaster cookbook. There's a toaster of a cookbook. You know it's probably for bachelor's too. I always a confused as we like the whole trope or like where men are on their own they're completely incompetent. M. I mean, we're not one hundred percent wrong, because they're the ones that are telling us that, like on sitcoms, like men by themselves are completely incompetent, but it's mostly men in writers' rooms. But like I didn't see an iron cookbook. I saw a cast iron cookbook, and that's not the same thing. You probably can't you know what. I bet you could make broccoli like you could steam vegetables with a steamer if you had the right.
Speaker 2: Guess and you are steaming vegetables with a steamer. Oh, I'm telling you right now, you are broke.
Speaker 1: All right? Oh have you not seen people like they're like, oh, you can use a coffee maker to cook vegetables, And I'm just like.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's the type of innovation we don't need. It's innovating backwards. It's like I specifically told Logan about a time where I can't remember who was even saying it, but anyway, where they were like, oh, you know, if dish soap is also hand soap, then why can't it just be body wash?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And I mean if it's body wash, then is basically like conditioner at shampoo and what like. It grew so much that I was like, oh man, this is like the the most insane logic I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Got your tomato ketchup? That's your tomatoes to ketch up logic.
Speaker 2: Look that's different, Okay, okay, because that was that was me.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, and this is them. Yes, yes, Now listen, you can't say that the first bubble bath you had was not Ajax dish.
Speaker 2: Maybe it might have been dial.
Speaker 1: Dial. Dial is like dial will strip your DNA. Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you get done with dial, not only are you clean, you are missing all right, Dial, just no fingerprints.
Speaker 1: But so when I was talking about like just to go back, we we were talking about like the body wash hand so dial, Like I was thinking about it because you said soap was self cleaning, and I was like, and I was telling my mom about it, and she's like, he's never been in a mechanic shop. And I used to date a mechanic but a lot of time we always had used cars. And the soap at a mechanic shop is the dirtiest piece of soap. It's always bit, It's big and dirty. Right. So, what we've realized is that even though we have our clear positions on irons versus steamers, neither one of us has convinced the other one to come to anywhere to their side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll never take me alive, but.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm not here for your child. Abused appliances is what I'm not what I'm gonna That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: No one, you can burn somebody with a steamer.
Speaker 1: He absolutely can't. But I haven't seen it yet. So what I haven't seen is year after year, you know, of movies and somebody get busted in the head with an iron or somebody having a hot iron on their face, like fucking home alone, right, Irons have been used to cause so much damage, while steamers, on the other hand, are knocking wrinkles out of clothes and making it broccoli delicious.
Speaker 2: Look, let's be honest, though, if you're in that situation, if you're in dire straits, Kevin mckowister can coming through with a steamer, all right, he needs that iron.
Speaker 1: You could have hooked it up, have a steamer on high, and somebody opened the door get blasted in the face with steam. Steam is actually very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Steam is dangerous. But that's not that. Steam isn't hidden like that. It's not hidden like that iron.
Speaker 1: I'm not exactly my point, Okay, Danger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, danger, danger. Safety for the person using the iron is what I see.
Speaker 1: But it's also danger to the person using the iron. You've all been burned by an iron We've all been burned by an iron. We've always thought an iron was not on, and it was on. We've all looked for two seconds and something catching cats. We've all been burned by irons, have been permanently scarred by irons. Look, I don't know nobody with a steamer, with a steamer scarred.
Speaker 2: Anything truly beautiful is a little dangerous.
Speaker 1: Okay, not fucking with you, Okay, don't you That is the most That is the craziest thing. That was insane. I'm worried about you and anybody did know? Oh you negro? What this man? Josh and wild out here in these streets. So so let's give it over to the listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's kick it to you. What do you think irons versus steamers? What do you use more? What do you love more? Which one do you think has more utility? Iron? So whatever you think, you let us know in the comments. You can let us know on social if you're looking for us, you can find me at Josh Johnson Comedy on Instagram, at Josh Johnson on Twitter, Josh ja Comedy on Facebook if you still use it, and Josh Johnson Comedy on YouTube and TikTok and if you're looking for dul say is.
Speaker 1: Doulse sloan on everything, because I don't want to confuse you. But also I do realize there's seven thousand Josh Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't help that. You know, there's so many of us.
Speaker 1: I know, I just know about your emails. There's so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, we appreciate you. We hope you a great time listening, and honestly, we hope you have a great weekend that is pressed and cleaned, no creases that you don't want, and you're looking fresh in the world.
Speaker 1: No sticks, those stamps. I don't spoke weed. I don't know where I said that.
Speaker 3: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream pool episodes anytime on fair Amount Plus. This has been a Comedy Central podcast