Speaker 1: Brand new second ate podcast for you today. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and.
Speaker 2: I hope you really liked this episode. Yeah, I think it was kind of a fun one.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't like it at first, and then it sneaks up on it. We do.
Speaker 2: We definitely do learn a new strategy.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's new renewed strategy for getting a guy's attention at a bar. Okay, it's kind of rom coming to me, a little cheesy, but it worked for one of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on a guy. Everything works, yes.
Speaker 4: But for her she pulled off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, before we get to it, what are you see on the board, Alexis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hudson McRae said, we've got to fix the comments. Guys, Oh, what's wrong with the comment When did we just start saying that we love the podcast?
Speaker 2: I mean, duh, we do.
Speaker 4: But I want to hear your thoughts on the episode, not for everyone to seek a shout out.
Speaker 1: LL like this part, I didn't like this, or I can relate in this way that happened to me.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just like, oh, I love this whole experience is great.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love a little praise not going, but I get what you're saying a little bit more back and forth in that comment board.
Speaker 3: All right, specific press.
Speaker 1: All right, there's some inspiration for y'all comment away after you listen to the brand new second date starting right now.
Speaker 3: The second date of date. I want to ask alexis a dating question? Yea, But I know that she would never do this, So I'll ask a more uninhibited person brook your single days. If there was a cute guy, how many times would you attempt to get his attention before you finally gave up and settled for his dad?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: What's the maximum number of times that you would go in?
Speaker 1: I'm not a subtle person, so normally I would just approach the dude and start chatting with them, and then if they pushed me off, then I move on to the next physically.
Speaker 2: I mean the next. If the next dude at the bar happened to be his dad, then so be it.
Speaker 3: You're a one strike and it's done type of policy.
Speaker 2: Get take the hint.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, well, you're different than one of our listeners who admits that she had to try multiple times to get a cute guy's attention until it finally worked, so maybe we can all learn a lesson from her. Her name is Angie, So Angie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're a more subtle lady than I or.
Speaker 3: You really got to spell stuff out for us. Yeah, we don't know anything about this guy or how you met him, so tell us the whole story. Like what's his name?
Speaker 6: Oh, his name is Jason, And I met him like just out at the bars as my friend a little while ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, And was his father with him too? Or was it just like a guy's night.
Speaker 6: It was a girl's night for me. I was there as a bunch of my girlfriends, but he was just there with like one other.
Speaker 3: Money And so you saw Jason come into the bar or how did it work?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like noticed him come in, and when he did, I turned my girlfrien and so I was like, oh my gosh, he's so cute. They were like giving me suggestions on what I should do. So they were like, go order a drink, like over near where they're at the bar.
Speaker 1: Maybe like if you can catch his eye, Oh yeah, you can get a free drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a lot of options for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I went up and I ordered like right next to him, and I even like bumped into him so that I could apologize.
Speaker 1: I would guess, I don't know, because I'm not a dude, but I would guess no matter what, he'd be flattered by all of this, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well I would think so. But I guess he thought it really was an.
Speaker 1: Accident, yeah, okay, or he's not single, Like you don't know that some random person across the bar is single.
Speaker 3: Okay. So that was strike number one, the attempt that didn't work.
Speaker 6: So I went back to my friends and I was like, well, I guess he's not interested.
Speaker 3: I did all the what you said. I went to order a drink and I bumped him from behind, made him spill everywhere. Nothing's working, get in the line, all of us for another okay, So what was your next try?
Speaker 6: Okay? So their next suggestion was like to go back up when I finish my drink and order another one, but this time order like next to his friend and start and explaing to if I could make him jealous?
Speaker 2: You make him jealous? What are your girlfriends saying? Like it sounds like an empty bar and you're the old does not have a girl.
Speaker 3: Girl is drinking.
Speaker 6: Well. The second time, the friend actually did start talking to me, but then I started to feel like he was interested in me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that would have made him a little bit more jealous if you had started making out with his friends.
Speaker 6: And then I don't want to get the situation where I'm breaking bro code.
Speaker 5: You know you're thinking, right, Actually.
Speaker 3: I like this. I mean, at what point do you ever get to a conversation with him or does that even happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're getting there. So I go back to the table and I'm like, okay, I really think he like doesn't care. And I'm drinking my drink and I'm getting a little tipsy because I drank the first one a little fast. And then they were like, okay, this is a dumb idea, but we think you should go up and fall fall, like for friend to trip and fall next to him, walking up for.
Speaker 2: You and say, seeing, look at that cute girl. She likes you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, have twenty drinks and fall in front of him, then love you.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it was the best idea, but it was the one we came up with.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: So I did that, and.
Speaker 1: So did he notice you then or did he turn back around and just keep drinking.
Speaker 6: No, that time at worked. He noticed and he like got up and helped me up, helped you, Yeah, he did, he did.
Speaker 3: He's a good guy.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So now this is your inn. What do you say?
Speaker 5: What was your line?
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, sorry, I think I'm just a little bit tipsy, Like I really need to sit down. Would you mind like walking me to a table? And he sat down with me just to make sure I was okay, And we ended up talking for like thirty minutes, and by the end we like had exchanged numbers and I was like, yeah, I'm free next Friday, and he was like, okay, cool, I'll like text you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh wow, okay worked well.
Speaker 6: I thought it did, but then I never got a call.
Speaker 3: That's where we are now.
Speaker 2: I still think that he could be in a relationship.
Speaker 6: You're right now.
Speaker 3: He could have just done it to get her out of his way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's never going to end. She said she was a drunk girl falling in the bar brook.
Speaker 3: Do you give out your numbers to guys who asked for it drunkenly? Just out of kindness, no text right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so easy to block a number.
Speaker 6: Why not.
Speaker 1: I just think that if he's like in a new relationship or something and whatever and he doesn't call back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. And how long did you say it's been since this bar interaction.
Speaker 6: I think it's been like a week and a half.
Speaker 3: Still Hazy still got a concussion when she found right that hangover plus the bruise, saying you needed time to get yourself back together. So we we'll get ourselves together. We'll come back. We'll call Jason for you, and we'll try to get you your second date update. Even if we have to try three four, seven hundred times to get him on the phone. We'll do it, one of us will. Right after this hold on second date update. There's a reason they call it falling in love, oh, because sometimes you literally have to fall down in a bar to get a guy's attention. Wow, And that's what our listener Angie did on purpose to strike up a conversation with a guy named Jason, but it did. It was actually her friend's idea to fake a tumble, but it ended up starting the connection. He helped her up. They sat together for a while, just chatting and getting to know each other and checking for concussion symptoms.
Speaker 2: Wow, let me check your pupils one more time.
Speaker 3: So romantic. But after they exchange numbers, there's really been no contact between Angie and Jason.
Speaker 2: God, he hasn't even called to check up on her.
Speaker 3: I know, what a chuir. And here's the thing. My plan going into this is not to tell him that the fall was just a ruse designed to get his attention. Jeff, I like being on the same page with you about this stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, was going.
Speaker 1: To mention it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just clarified.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: But it's weirdy you have to even say it out loud.
Speaker 3: Angie, are you okay with us not bringing up that it was done on purpose?
Speaker 6: I didn't even think that was an option.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, all the options are on the table. It's good that we're all on the same page though, that we're not going to say that, Yes, you're not still hung up on one of your ex boyfriends, right, because I won't bring that up either. Okay, You're really lucky that I'm the one driving the car on this one, because we're going to stay right in between those two lanes.
Speaker 2: So should we bring up childhood traumas?
Speaker 6: Now, you always can, only if I get a second date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good stipulation.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to be shocking that people still call it for I know, entertaining.
Speaker 3: We just know how to do this. Okay, I'm gonna dial Jason. Let's see if he answers. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Jason?
Speaker 5: This is him? Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Man? We're actually a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jason, welcome, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm Jeffy.
Speaker 2: He's not Jason so Strong.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffery. H Hello, Yeah, okay, up, my bad. Let me just tell you what we're calling about, because this is a segment we do call the Second Date Update. We're trying to help out one of our listeners get in touch with you after you met recently at a bar. Okay, girl named Angie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was never any real first Yeah, you like helped her.
Speaker 5: I helped her get up off of the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that girl girl. We're just calling her Angie because that's her name, and we know you didn't hang out for too long. But there was a little bit of a connection romantically maybe between the two of you that night, maybe a little bit of a spark laugh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I did laugh a little bit there.
Speaker 2: Okay, like a good laugh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why are you laughing? Romantic laugh?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know about having a romantic connection there.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well maybe maybe that was a little bit strong. But she felt like that you guys were hitting it off and there could be and you exchange numbers. She's a little bit confused that afterwards you haven't reached out to her at all.
Speaker 5: I don't know what she remembers.
Speaker 3: Oh, she mentioned she had a couple of dreams.
Speaker 2: What did she do?
Speaker 5: Well, she fell?
Speaker 2: Well I know that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard I'm talking about it sounds like something embarrassing happened or embarrassing Brooks.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like I do that every time I'm watching.
Speaker 5: In a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Was there more than the falling?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what it was? She was interested in me, and that's interesting. So I was asking her questions about herself because I was open to the possibility.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well, okay, there you go. So I mean it sounds like something changed your mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah. When I asked her what makes you laugh? Yeah, it took her a while to think of the answer.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a hard question even though it's answered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was I was helping her. I was giving her suggestions different movies, TV shows.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, And what did she say?
Speaker 5: Well, what makes her laugh is videos of little children falling down and getting hurt.
Speaker 6: Isn't that what America is? Funny?
Speaker 3: Some videos? Yeah, Instagram pages is called the kids getting hurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But what really was that a red flag? Too? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's a that's a pretty strong red flag.
Speaker 1: And maybe she was trying to be funny because she had just fallen down.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, let's not make excuses for her. Let's let's hear what is it about children falling down that's so off putting.
Speaker 5: It wasn't just that she said, yeah, sometimes on Instagram I might see videos of kids falling down. It was that she had saved in her phone compilations. Oh wait, and anytime she's got a bad day or had a long day, she comes home and opens these videos of kids falling down.
Speaker 3: But I do it, I approve, Jason. Why is that like a big red flag to you that she finds humor in children falling getting hurt.
Speaker 5: It's not one video, it's not a couple ofdeos. She has dozens of videos.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, did you give the videos a chance? Did you watch any yourself?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean she was trying to show them to me, but she couldn't get to them wherever they were. She had a head injury.
Speaker 3: From falling.
Speaker 1: She's laughing trying to find them, even she was more drunk than can cusson.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Jason, the good news is it sounded like you were genuinely concerned about Angie's well being checking in on her. Sure, and I'm happy to inform you that Angie is fully recovered, doing really well. In fact, she's on the other line of this phone call right now, probably just laughing at the idea of children falling all over the place.
Speaker 6: But I don't like them getting I'm not saying the injury part it's funny, but like people falling is funny, and when they're little kids, like, they're just more awkward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but why do you have so many of them? You told me you have over one hundred videos.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean, I just if I see one and it makes me laugh, I save it for a bad day. And I just like, I don't know, they build up. It's not like I've been that's the only thing I collect. It's just like one of the things that I will save.
Speaker 5: Given that's different than what you told me. You told me the only thing you save are videos of them falling. You even said kids falling downstairs crack you up the most.
Speaker 6: I mean, you asked me what made me laugh, and I told you, And now you're being super judgy about it.
Speaker 5: Well, I wasn't gonna call back up. Monsters sits at home watching the.
Speaker 2: Jason, you are not sounded very funny right now.
Speaker 6: Don't knock until you try it. You wouldn't even watch one. So how do you know you should the page?
Speaker 3: Go follow it?
Speaker 6: Like, I have this video of this little kid in this little Ranger car and he like drives into like this little vine and he you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 5: It's so fucky you drive a monster truck into a ravine. That's sick.
Speaker 2: Oh come.
Speaker 6: Well, I think I have my answer here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, last, just to be you know, totally fair on this, we do need to offer Jason, we would send you on an official first date with Angie and we would pay for it, if you're willing to give her a chance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think we're going to get along very well.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, I mean what makes you laugh?
Speaker 5: Oh? I like classic clowns from the seventies.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventies.
Speaker 6: Clown I mean you mean those things that terrorize children.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, look, maybe you guys have more in common than you realize, Jason.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a lot of slapstick in clown work.
Speaker 5: You see a kid get squirted in the face with a flower, Those aren't true clowns. That's sort of the downfall of Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, you know it sounds like you like the French clown face.
Speaker 3: Well, if this whole thing is finished and you two aren't going to be going out, then I'm just gonna come out and say it, just so you know, Jason, Angie really is into falling, not just kids falling, but adults too. Because she orchestrated the whole falling thing just to meet you. Why would you do that? Well, it's over. It's over. He's already said that he's not into it.
Speaker 2: What point are you trying to make.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying she's really liking falling. That's her love language layer, weird.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 4: Did you two together for a little listen to our show, jeff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's bring a child in here and have them fall over, so get you back on my side.
Speaker 6: Mind, I'm not interested in him anymore anyway. So yeah, I fell for you, and I regret it.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey in the morning. I think the question that we really need to ask ourselves here is how many videos of children falling can you save in your phone until it becomes a red flag? He said, ten children, one hundred children, a thousand children falling.
Speaker 1: It's only a red flag if it's the same child falling over and over again, and that child isn't yours.
Speaker 4: That's that's all you have on your phone.
Speaker 2: If it's different children, you're cool.
Speaker 3: Man point. I mean, it sounds like most people in this room were on Angie's side, saying it's funny. It shouldn't really be that big of a deal. Doesn't need to be a red flag.
Speaker 1: They took the time to look up the account he follows and seven over seven million people followed the account about kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is very popular, that's true.
Speaker 2: It was funny. I watched quite a few videos.
Speaker 3: I agree. I think they're all litally funny. But maybe he had some sort of experience in his past where he fell as a child, drove his power wheels into like a coy pond, and that memory has stuck with him forever.
Speaker 2: Creepy Clown shared him.
Speaker 3: Yes, he seems like a serious guy, I know. Thank God for Bozo and all of his weird clownings.
Speaker 6: Oh man, it.
Speaker 2: Makes sense that his buddy's name was Gary.
Speaker 3: That checks out, So it didn't work out for the two of them, But it doesn't mean it can't work out for you. And whoever you meet in the world, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates. They're up online wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey