Speaker 1: And there was a problem.
Speaker 2: Where to your mother? Here he is here, you are two mommies, two cool moms.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you everyone for tuning in. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe Gatto, I'm Steve Burn and this mommy had a little too much box wine last night. A lot.
Speaker 1: Somebody got their shardenay on.
Speaker 2: They're boxed shardon eye. I feel like a bloated river corpse of myself, like like on CSI when they poke a stick and you just see this body turnover. That's what I feel. I'm so puffy. And did you you don't look good? Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you have one of those moms that would like shoot you straight and tell you stuff like that, because my mom straight up like oh she would audible, ugh, you know like things I got. But you're so handsome, You're so handsome all the time. But then like when you were off or something, She's like, I remember one time I got.
Speaker 2: A seize his hair cut, seize a haircut. No, no, old, I was. I was late in the game.
Speaker 1: I was like I was like late twenties, like where I made a decision and it was the wrong one.
Speaker 2: Do you have pictures in this? I think there's one in existence.
Speaker 1: Because this is before this digital photography was like a big thing. I think I have one photo of and if I do, I'll put it in right here to make sure it has straight like it was a ball haircut, which is called the Caesar, but it was basically a bull hat.
Speaker 2: You looked like but you you thought you were George Clooney, but you look like the owner of the Raiders. Oh my god, I looks I looked like.
Speaker 1: It looked like it happened by accident, and I tried to make something like out of the accident, like I was like, oh, I told you said season, I think, I was like, and then he's like, oh, I'll fix it. He was terrible, And I remember I walked in the hause and my mother looked me in the face and went, no, that's not a good look for you.
Speaker 2: Get my hat.
Speaker 1: And I looked terrible in hat. So I had to ride out the season.
Speaker 2: Why do you look bad in hat?
Speaker 1: Because my because the nose combination, it comes down to the front of the I can't wear a cap.
Speaker 2: I've never got into a cap.
Speaker 1: Really, But you don also don't like sports, that's why, right, Well, I don't know if that's a direct reflection because there are caps that are dedicated to sports, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean most most, like, especially in New York, you're either Yankees, Giants, Uh, what's the other Rangers or your Islanders Mets Jets.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, and that's that's always. All of those teams play sports. They all play sports, and you never wore any of those.
Speaker 2: No, I got into I never really got into a hat thing.
Speaker 1: I used to.
Speaker 2: I had men's figure skating. I had men's figure skating hat. And if you figure skating, you asked me if I want to do it this year? I'm like, Joe, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Because the Luke Williams out of Czechoslovakia's got some got.
Speaker 2: Luke Williams out of Czechoslovakia. That sounds like a very Czech name. Show. That's all I came up with.
Speaker 1: What I had a hat that was a Charlotte's Hornets hat.
Speaker 2: That's all back in the day when they came out, that was the thing that blights them up.
Speaker 1: So anything that was TL I love. I had the good Baby. Yeah, so I used to wear it backwards. I used to wear my hat backwards because I when I wore forwards, I always had the way I looked, but I thought backwards was like kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to go to Ken Griffy. I did style. I can griffet it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did not look good though, even a backwards even a backwards cap.
Speaker 2: We got to find a good cat for you. You wear for doors though, right.
Speaker 1: I do rocket Fedoro comically, and it also looks good.
Speaker 2: I do. It startled as a joke on the road I wore I went to Uh oh God, I forget the name of the store whatever, but it's a popular like Hatchain And I was in Nashville for that comedy festival where at and Uh. I was like, I never bought myself like a nice hat, so I bought. I was like, I'm going to buy a nice for door. It's black. I put it on. I was like, this looks cool. I wore it one night to the comedy store. Within thirty seconds I got of the car. What the fuck? Yeah, are you solving a crime piece. It's just like, ah, fuck, took it off, dush it up. My I've never worn it since. I got pounded pounded by like like like six six guys within two minutes.
Speaker 1: You pummeled well, that sound. That's gonna be funny.
Speaker 2: Take that clip out and then just troup bas and beats to it. We should make sure that we're talking about HOMEO Buy six guys. We're talking about that fight.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, But I uh, you and a Fedora would probably give me who's the villain from James Bond vibes?
Speaker 2: Asian one? Job?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He had like a bowlers cap though, wasn't it? It's just it's not gonna look good on me.
Speaker 1: Who is the side Who is the Asian sidekick for Green Hornet?
Speaker 2: Oh? Katokay that Cato right now? I'm cool. Yeah, job was like he looked like Bruce Lee if he just ate ARB's all the time. Just looks like a fat roal Ton piece.
Speaker 1: But hey, don't don't talk all about odd job. He was a He was a formidable adversary for Double O seven.
Speaker 2: That's right, it was. He gave him some tough times.
Speaker 1: But I I wear Fedora and I look kind of like Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 2: You look good in I remember you you got one in the UK and you wore it. Well.
Speaker 1: We talked to Marie. They are expensive. If you get a proper cap, they're expensive.
Speaker 2: They are expensive, and.
Speaker 1: We talked to Mari into buying one because we pretended that he looks good in the store and we made him buy a two hundred and fifty dollar Fidora. It was promised him how good he looked. And then as soon as we walked out, As soon as we walked out of he got it.
Speaker 2: I was like, are you an idiot? And he still has it? Did he ever wear it? He wore it actually on the Dinner Party show we did.
Speaker 1: He he looked like he was like he liked to say he looked like a young Indiana Jones, but he looked like an old Indian.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wish I could get into a cap, especially when I have like bad hair, Not that there's much going on anymore, but like when I have a bad haircut and stuff, I always wish I could get into a cap. But I suffer through with a bad Yeah, I wonder what looks worse though?
Speaker 2: You know what looks I think the hat every guy could look good in. Are those like the Irish cap. You know what I'm talking about, Andy cap? Yeah, every guy looks good in those. I've never seen anybody put one on and not look good, Like if a door. I get it. I get it a baseball cap, Like, there's certain ball caps I can wear. You go to lids and you get them. I look like make a wish. I look like, well you hear Homer from Mickey, Like, I look so bad because my head is like a little just a little smaller. There's differently it is. You have it off like features. Yeah, you do have dolphin features. Yeah. Your blowhole is really weirded by six guys. Right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The hat height, it plays a big like a trucker cap on you would be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's some I just can't wear. You look like a pe dispenser. Jesus, I'm gonna need some advice out to this, all right.
Speaker 1: No, but hey, seem I saw short. You look great in a cap. I've seen you in a hat a couple of times. You look great in a suit.
Speaker 2: But I love a good suit.
Speaker 1: I put on a suit, I look like I'm going to either do a funeral or some an next girlfriend's wedding.
Speaker 2: Like that's what I look when you put on a suit and wear it to my show. Yes, the funeral is my show. It's the end of my career. Every night I wear a suit but but I we had a discussion about this the other night, about dressing up for a show. We feel it's important because people paid, they got a ticket, they got a sitter, they went out to dinner. It's a night for them. So you think the aesthetics help adds the evening? Oh, for sure. I think the aesthetics help for my act, to be honest with you, because it's like, at least it looks good you're dressed up. It's like, oh, he looks sharp, and then you're just ripping on everybody. And you know, but I like warness suit. I think it kind of cleans it up. I do like a tie.
Speaker 1: I have a good tie collection. Now talk to me about the not you do. Do you do a windsor or do you do a slip knot?
Speaker 2: I do a slipknot, skinny. I always wear a skinny tie, skinny tie, A big tie all the sudden, I look again like a pet dispenser because my little head and there's a big tie.
Speaker 1: I do a fat tie.
Speaker 2: You do a fat tie? Do do fat ties? I think you gotta be bigger to have the well I am bigger, so thank you. You're not bigger. You're you're broad, you mean broad broad? Yeah, you gotta have some girl.
Speaker 1: I do look like I do look like a clown. I do look like, you know, the clown with the seltzer. Like when I have a fat tie on it, it's like a windsor my body running around. So I got to be careful with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's important, though, to have people in your life that keep you honest if you look good or not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I mean you were talking about our moms and my mom like literally the last time I was home, she came up to me and I said, hey, mom, and she just took her finger and poked me in the stomach, and that meant loose, so fucking we evause like, good to see you, always good to see you. Just didn't say the stone face poker face just boom sent a message. Yeah wow.
Speaker 1: I when I moved to La in O three, I had come home and I didn't really eat much when I was out there because couldn't afford it. And I came home and I was down to like one hundred and sixty pounds, which is not really yeah, which I looked like a one hundred and sixty five I guess well, it was I'm five ten, what sixty would be. I went to the I'm five nine and a half. I went to the doctor. They told me I'm spposed to be one hundred and seventy five pounds. So I'm morbidly obese right now, I mean, what the who's doing the math? Because I've seen morbidly obese and I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm chunk, but you're not your slender I think I think some people just gain weight in certain areas. Some people it just it's it fills out to the.
Speaker 1: Point of your belly.
Speaker 2: I was going to point to your belly, yeah, because I think yours goes there, but you don't get it. You don't seem to get it in your cheeks.
Speaker 1: But it once I hit a threshold, the belly gets full and it works its way up and it stops going to get the jowels. I get the big I get the jow I get the next, I get a couple of the chinny chincens here and what I have to do that And that point is because that you can see.
Speaker 2: That stuff in pictures. Right. Oh, sure, I'm always.
Speaker 1: Okay when I have clothes on, But once you start getting these underneath.
Speaker 2: Everybody's great and clothes on the minute. Everybody yourself in the mirror every day the last ever since COVID hit. I take every every day I look at myself naked before I get in the shower, go right tomorrow, tomorrow, and then I come out to here, and it's like, you gotta get a Sicilian with the bug. I'm like, we ate a full pie yesterday, two of us Delicious, one of the best pizzas of our.
Speaker 1: Phils Pizzeria Glencove. Thanks so much for that, guys, try them out sponsored and also phil if you want to send us some money now because we mentioned you.
Speaker 2: On it, shall we indulge? Yeah, let's do it all right, two cool mommies. Let's active what we do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what we do here is we help people with life advice.
Speaker 2: We had two strong mothers. Our moms were brutally honest, always gave us great advice, and we took I think we took the benefit of the superpower they bestowed us it. And here we are dispelling great advice to you guys. We'll kick it off with this first one. There's an asterisk next to great though. Yeah, okay, so I'm trying to explain to my friend why dogs are better than cats? How can I convince them? Now? You are obviously how many dogs do.
Speaker 1: You have right now? We're at seventeen that's this episode, this episode next week, and we'll see how many with the numbers are at seventeen we're at. But I will say this, I'm not on the team of people that try to pick one better than the other. This room for both.
Speaker 2: No, there's not. There's absolutely not. I will buck against the grain. I am a cat person between the two. I love dogs. Okay, I would never own a dog. It's too much. I hear I hear it in the claws on the floor. Anybody comes near your house, just the bar gang. It's just like, fuck it is. It is a lot.
Speaker 1: There is something to a cat that has to be able to sustain itself and you don't have to really bother about it. But that's not what a pet's about. It's like, oh, I love cats, you don't have to worry about it. But then why you're getting a pet? Like the thing about a dog is that it's part of your family.
Speaker 2: But a cat, you like, you just drop it in the litter box for it could be it could be three months old, it could be a month old, it could be six years old. You drop it in the litter box, you never have to worry about it taking a deuce anywhere in the house. It's like, oh, it just it just knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it also water guns shit like out of its ass's territory. So I'm not gonna talk about that. We're gonna say that it knows about the box, but super soaker.
Speaker 2: It's super soaked.
Speaker 1: Out of its buttthole, and everybody just doesn't talk about it, like, oh, but it's the letter box, so don't even get me startled in that. But I do like cats. I enjoy I enjoy cats.
Speaker 2: There was like a scale of the spraying out of the bubble. Would it be at least like eight points? For sure? It'd be back down? Yeah, that is a big hair Balls is another thing. Oh yeah, I'll take a like any day of the week. Okay, But a dog is gonna hump a pillow, Yes, it's true. A dog is gonna hump a leg if you're lucky. So fucking gross. Did you see a pink thing come out of that tube sock? And just like it needs friction and stuff? I mean, it's hilarious when it's done to somebody else in Pittsburgh. I can't believe I forgot this. I should, you should talk about this on stage. But my neighbor had a huge dog. It's one of those Marmaduke dogs and always slobing and everything. My mommy, My mom is like five two. This dog list in heat or something, ran and tackled my motive. Mama, it's flowing my mom. My mom is screaming. It was just collapsed. Who was crying? Left? How old are you? I couldn't save my mom because I was like, wait, oh god, I'm hard. How old are you? I was like sixteen, you were able to do so? I was totally able to do so, but I was crying. I was laughing so hard. I was like, the dog is taking my mom to town and she's just like get.
Speaker 1: I forget her, like Barney, get out, get and it's.
Speaker 2: You did nothing. I fucking did nothing, absolutely nothing. Oh my god, Gab, I ever forgot about that. Well. I could see what you think, cats. I think it also depends on how much investment you want to give in your pet, right if you're somebody that loves to give attention, loves to receive attention. I think a dog's the one again. A cat, it's gonna come chill with you when it wants to. It's gonna do its own thing. It's on its own timeline, It's on its own time. I think that's true with most people too. People. There's people that are dogs and there's people that are cats. Like I'm a lone gun. I like doing my own thing. I just I'll come in when I want. I just I don't know. There's people like Burt Kreischer that's like it's like a labrador. It's like.
Speaker 1: My head, You're You're like a farah, You're the farrel cat of comedy. Steve Burn, I'll flip and reverse it for you. What's what are some of the most useless pets?
Speaker 2: Because for me, you go, that's the first one out of your mouth. Yes, you ever been in somebody's house? Like I got a ferret? It's like where is it? It's like, you know, it's never around, it's always high thing. It's like, well, why do you have? It's like Roy Wood's a bit about going to the zoo. It's like, is your a tiger in the tacker cage? Like where are they?
Speaker 1: I think your friends are just lying to you and they don't have ferrets in your falling bird joke, but you go with that all the goldfish or like turtle.
Speaker 2: I love turtles. I don't know what is it? Pet I really will I always, I told my wife, I always, at some point I want to get like a pond in the backyard have turtles. Because at the Librea tar Pits they have a turt They had a turtle pond for years, just this huge indoor pond, all these turtles, and I would just go and sit there and watch them and be mesmerized. And I don't know, for some reason, I just did. They're just chill in. They're cool, they got the shell. It's like a are you waiting for them to come out? Like start doing karate? Like what are you doing? Like you said, there's something very tranquil about watching just a pond full of turtles. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had two turtles growing up. You did classic names, of course, Shelby and Myrtle separate times in life. One I started hand feeding lettuce and it wouldn't take the food by itself, and it died because I went away and it died.
Speaker 2: The other one, I'm not just come back and it's a shell. Yeah. The other one I think I.
Speaker 1: Let go into the into the creek because I felt like it needed to be free, and I had this big creek by my house.
Speaker 2: How can I ask you something real quick? How how uneventful is freeing a turtle? It takes a while, Like you're free? Go.
Speaker 1: I went home for an hour and I came back five feet away. But my brother in law, Vinnie, was dating my sister at the time and he had to stay over because he lived in Queens, so my parents gave him my bed, and he didn't know that I had I had a turtle tank and the turtle was nocturnal for some reason, and I had fake like astro turf and it was just walking and so all your heard was a.
Speaker 2: Scratch like on the turf.
Speaker 1: And Vinnie was laying in the bed, not knowing I had a turtle, like what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: What's living in the walls?
Speaker 1: When he didn't sleep all night and the next morning you told my sister and he's like, oh, it's a turtle.
Speaker 2: He's like, what turtle? So he told my house was infested with the rats. And like, but he didn't think to like examined her, like look around the room. No, I think he was scared ghosts. But like having a turtle, it's just like you feed it and you walk away, right, It's yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: First, you do tricks. I had parakeets growing up. I love paraks Chichi and cha cha.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's got to be the worst pet to have because they're always chirping and ship right, yeah, they're always Oh fuck that. Yeah, no, I'm not for that. That's awful. Why would you do that to yourself? How old were you? I was twelve eleven twelve. Did they like sit on your finger and you did? Yeah, they did. They would do it, I would do They would do a loop around the room.
Speaker 1: Well no, chi Chi was great. Chatcha we got chatcha and when they came in it was no good. Oh they had some domestic to spirits.
Speaker 2: I think the two of them in the case. Really they bit each other and stuff.
Speaker 1: A little bit. They went at it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They might have been the way they had sex. I was I was too young. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: It was before Nationals don't have birds just lay eggs, right, and.
Speaker 1: Then somebody's got with something and something.
Speaker 2: I don't think birds do birds bang? Do you guys? Know? You guys birds bank? Birds bang like an ostrich, I'm sure, but like paracutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you sure about an ostrich?
Speaker 2: Where they I mean they're huge, I mean, I mean they're laying eggs too, But I don't birds don't.
Speaker 1: Know they I've seen videos where the one guy's flapping really hard another ones underneath.
Speaker 2: I thought they just like I thought, they're like fish where they lay an egg and then the other fertilizes it. Am I adam here through the hard shell? How are they getting anything through that hard shell? How they feel the fertilized? But like like a fish, they fertilize that like the women, the females.
Speaker 1: Right, the female eggs the woman, the woman, the woman fish drops drops eggs on the bottom and the male one comes over and does a crop dusty that's right, right, But there their eggs are like porous, so that it could get in with you're talking about a hot boiled egg.
Speaker 2: You think birds can't bang birds back, I'm gonna look at the things so you know, for fact, birds bang birds reproduced sexually.
Speaker 1: When it's time to reproduce, the male bird gets very close to the female bird and puts sperm inside the body that is from the google.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess it's true, because I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how you even thought the science worked because I never thought about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, just saw an egg in the nest and that was it. So you believe the whole stalk here.
Speaker 1: As a man in his late forties who has children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes in the bottle and then the stook coat. There we go. Okay, all right, well I really watched that one. I love it. You go like cats? I like dogs and cats.
Speaker 1: If you have to pick one, I go dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, here we go number two. I have always okay, this is word of different. I always have a feeling that I'm not meant for a normal job doing normal things. Is that a bad thing? Well, you were talking to two people. I don't believe that we're good for normal jobs. I think you could have excelled at a normal job. Yeah, if my heart wasn't it probably yeah? Yeah, So I would just surmise that this individual probably is creative in some capacity or lazy as all hell.
Speaker 1: One of the two things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the lazier creative or or a lazer creative. That's right. Ya, that's right.
Speaker 1: I think you're the well define normal job. Like are you talking about are they talking about like a nine to five where they're not excited. Look, you got to be excited about what you're doing, but you also got to put you know, food on the table.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Yeah, you gotta find a middle ground at this time for both. Yeah, commerce meets creativity. I think I think most people think a normal job cubicle name tag, having a boss telling you what to do. But if you're a freethinker, I think I think you go after your creative instincts, enable them, pursue it, and if you can make money doing it, then even better. For sure.
Speaker 1: I I think that sometimes people stray away from the job because I think they have to give up that part of their soul for for their job.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think you always have to just chase your passion as you're doing the job too.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest with you. I'm still like, like in my head, I'm like trying to tetris like bird bodies and see how they like, cause they're well, the one lace on the back. One lays on the back. No, a bird doesn't land. They do a missionary style. It's for sure. They have like little legs and so right, so they spread easy, you know, like just see a nesty see these two little gloves. The reason why I don't call a birdy style. Hold on, let me get back to that.
Speaker 1: Let me get back to the web beer. Hold on, bird's mate with something known as the cloacal kiss cloacle cloacal. The male mounts the female from behind me doing Oh, they did a nasty bird, nasty bird? Why do they call it birdie style? That sounds so much more fun. She arches her back. That's good, that's it. I would have to see it and lose.
Speaker 2: Her tail to one side. Oh, she gotta move, she got to open it up. It's like when a girl wears a thong and you you don't want to take the thong off the side of That's exactly what it is. But why don't they call it birdie? The birdie style is so much better? Can we start to that? Oh? How was last night was greater? I got this girl? We did a birdie style.
Speaker 1: It's so much cleaner because your mom got a doggie style and she's probably excuse me, from the neighbor, not from your pae. I was like, that's doggy style. Your mom did get attacked by a bird outside? Was like, Bartie, get.
Speaker 2: Off of me. By the way, how great would that be if like a condor just came down and like just mounted my mom style? Yeah? I don't know. I okay, so I don't. I don't talk about it. Yeah, I forgot my mom got plaid by my neighbor's big dog. I totally forgot. I told that story. I'm like you talking about my mom. I'm getting drilled doggie. I was just talking about that moment. I would never Yeah, I would suggest anybody who's creative or whatever who.
Speaker 1: Gets this, who gets to decide that it's called doggy style versus birdie style.
Speaker 2: Snoop, that's right. If he was Snoop Birdie bird, that'd be different.
Speaker 1: Snoop Birdie bird. Would we gotta you are quick?
Speaker 2: You gotta bird stoop Birdie bird. You don't love me, you just love my Bertie star. That's funny. I don't know what wouldn't in my six faults.
Speaker 1: He's got it again, all right, Okay, go after your dream but paid.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you at this point. Yeah, I think that people we had a little more information.
Speaker 1: I need more information, but I will just say a thing that I've learned is don't be afraid of work because you have to put the work in. And that means with even to pay the bills are also chasing your dream. You got to put in the work.
Speaker 2: I think, by the way, most people suck at their job. It's crazy, like you, how many places you've gone, especially since COVID, and how many restaurants I have been to where just like nobody cares. I went to a restaurant in New York City and I sat at the bar. The bartenders like peeling limes or something like that, never even address me. And I'm just sitting there waiting and waiting like nobody's here, like I'm your only customer. And then I think, eight minutes in, she walks over and I was I was like, now it's a game. Now gonna wait till she comes over. And when she came, I go, I'm good, thank you, I got a lot. Because she's like this, it's crazy great. I think even if you hate your job, it's still your job. Have a little pride in your job, because.
Speaker 1: It's if you're not talking about having a bad day versus not loking your job though, like some people have a bad day and like a bad shift or whatnot.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that comes and goes, that's what you feel. But if you're overall miserable.
Speaker 1: In your job, I mean that that's hard to exist that way.
Speaker 2: Get another job then, yeah, especially these days when there's so many open Yeah, I would sugger. I don't know. I hate when My biggest pet peeve is when people don't care at their job. And as someone that served tables, like in my twenties up until I went full time as a comic, it's like, I know what that's like. It sucks, I get it. But I still like every table is like, oh, this is their dinner. Yeah, like they came here for reasons, so I'm going to try to make this as pleasant as possible. And I don't know, I just it really irritates me when you're walking past and you see somebody in their water's not filled. It's like fill the water. Yeah, I don't but I hate it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I also just realized as you were telling that stuff very nice that chee Chi and Cha cha will probably just and not fight banging. Yeah, and I thought they were as a twelve year old boy, I thought they were fighting. What they were getting it on in the cage birdie style.
Speaker 2: And the turtle was jerking it like that was it. He's like everybody, it's like a wild kingdom over there. Did you ever hear this is? So? This is like it had a turtles dive.
Speaker 1: Let's not even get into it. I mean had a turtles bang.
Speaker 2: But turtles lay eggs right.
Speaker 1: Oh, here he goes again. I think just think that everything lays eggs and eggs. I know the sea turtle they bury the things. Yeah, I know that, But how do they get fertilized. They they have to get they have to have some.
Speaker 2: Well I think that like the sea turtle, the female goes and buries the eggs. Obviously they must be turtle banging.
Speaker 1: So yeah, turtles, uh they haveloakia that that word same thing. They opening the tail, right, and that permits intercourse and egg laying and removal during made in, the male hooks his tail under the female.
Speaker 2: He has a claw like hold on at the end of his I'm gonna lay down and point my toes while you tell the story. More time to think about it, think about it.
Speaker 1: Anything that lays eggs, well, they have to they have to be fertilized first and then they're laid. That's the that's the difference, Fisher. The only ones that drop their rings like they don't care, Like they're throwing change in the fountain and they're like, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Some one of these wishes come true. That's right, the numbers game Fish. Yeah, all right, all right, I'm learning a lot today. I didn't. You know.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing about two cool moms. We and we appreciate and we help people just be better all around.
Speaker 2: I think this is going to be a very good question for you.
Speaker 1: What's it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Obviously they're they're expressing their adoration for you and what you meant. You've made my day so many times, you know, recently, times haven't been good to all of us, and as each day passes, there's some kind of a sorrow in the heart. How do you get rid of the hurt in the heart?
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: I think that's a mistake that people make.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have that part of the hurt and sorrow is part of you and your journey. So what you need to do is work through it and not ignore it, right, And I think that's a big part of being able to deal with what life is thrown at you, because it's not all happy, it's not all rainbows, but that time of sorrow makes you realize and appreciate the times of happiness even more.
Speaker 2: Right, So, if you don't know, it's like yin yang.
Speaker 1: If you will, you know, if you don't know that part of it, then you won't appreciate the other parts. So that's for me.
Speaker 2: I think what you're saying is because I think some of the issues Sometimes when somebody's dealing with, you know, a bad day or a travesty or whatever it might be, you know something especially impactful, it's like I got to get over this, or like a bad break, I got to get over this. I don't think you get over it. I think you're right. I think you are. You carry these battle scars along the way, and they do become a part of your decision making your outlook on life. So yeah, I think you got to kind of almost embrace it. Sure, you get affected by all of it.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is like there's a difference between being so said that you can't operate of course, like if something a big travesty happens or whatnot, tragedy, and then you need to deal with that. Sure, if something bad happens to you or it's all there's all levels to all of it. Sure, so you have to be able to process each thing in its own way. I've had I've had the full run of things, I think at this point in my life forty five years, and I would say that the most as you could do is just identify it and.
Speaker 2: Deal with it.
Speaker 1: I think that's the best way to do it. And for me, it's always laughter. It's always laughter. It's always finding something that makes you laugh, something that makes you forget a little bit, so you could have time to mentally process things and escape a little bit, you know, even a half hour a time, you know, putting on an episode of something or listening to let's say a podcast.
Speaker 2: H.
Speaker 1: You know, just escape a little. I think I think things like that always definitely help. But to ignore it is a problem. To have to try to get over something is a problem because like you said, I think these with full scar tissue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean too, I don't know, you always analogize things, I guess and just you know, internally selfishly right. And so I think there's times too where the easy thing to do as a comic, especially on your road, and you're dealing with some or you walk into a showroom and it's desolate and you're like, oh my god, there's only like fifty people here and it's Sunday, and it's like, I don't want to be here. I want to go home, and it's like I'll get a drink and then that drink turns into another drink, into another drink, and then it just you know, you wake up depress and you're doing a podcast the next day. But I think that that route is never, never a healthy option. It's a quick fix. It gets you distracted, and I've been guilty of it for sure, quite a quite a few times, quite a lot. We appreciate the honest here, especially lately, but I will say I know myself very well. I'm a pretty upbeat person by nature, and when I do have a beverage, it is always done under social circumstances. I've never made a drink for myself at my house. I've never. I just never in your hotel room. Never in my hotel room, unless like.
Speaker 1: It's also social setting. It's part of a always if you will.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like, if I'm hanging out folks are having a good time, it's like, oh, I'll have a drink, and then the night takes off and it becomes that much more enjoyable. And but I think that that coping mechanism sometimes is it never works out, well, right, never works out, would you call?
Speaker 1: But every time it happens, it's not a coping mechanism. You're talking about the time where the stars are aligned that you're dealing with something and then that situation presents itself because sometimes you're just you'll be in a good headspace and you go out and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, I would say I could probably count on my hand the times I've been, you know, most likely on the road and dealt with some bad news and I just said to myself, you know, I'm just gonna I'm gonna get a drink tonight, r you know, to take the edge off. And again, even in those circumstances when I've done them, I know, my my everything is telling me it's probably not a good idea and then you do it and you wake up the next thing you feel like shit and it's like that was a horrible like. So I've just personally, in my own personal experience, have found that that's never the answer ever and.
Speaker 1: And for me too, it's always a support system. It's people that you could trust, people that you know have your interests, and just try not to go through things alone because that's hard. That makes it way harder. I think people around you that care about you, or you care about or are there for you in a way where you can just have fun and find some laughter and smiling. I mean that's big for me now.
Speaker 2: I think that really helps to the only the only people that have ever benefited from my Sara have been strippers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure in a big way.
Speaker 2: Not me what they did. But oh, can I tell you a story? Oh? I don't know, can you? This is? I wait? Can can you? You're editing? So you could edit this out? Okay, but I did go to a.
Speaker 1: No podcast story that should be on the podcast starts with you could edit this out right, Well, let's give us the baby.
Speaker 2: Somebody's crutching numbers next door in this studio and then next door. You're gonna hear this. So I went to a strip club with and the it was Gareth Reynolds, great comic, and I was like, let's just go to strip club. My thing at a strip club is I don't go to a strip club to like like get strippers to give me a lamp. I go and I find like the most not appealing stripper and maybe the one that needs the cash the most. And I find her and I'm like, oh my god, okay, that's the one, and I go, my buddy, can you and I just start peeling off money and now my buddy's stuck with this stripper that he wants nothing to do with. And this girl must have just rocked a deuce and she was rubbing her bottom of them and she rubbed her ass. There was a streak. This is so groose. So I had to buy them a T shirt the gift shops. From the gift sho.
Speaker 1: So disgusting. Never seen anything like, Well you picked the right one in that night.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Sorry. So I don't know if we want to keep that in.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how we even got there.
Speaker 2: Well do strippers lay eggs? And I was like, gotcha they do, they do, they do something else they do they do? All right, well, next question, But to go to to something you were saying though real quick about I think not to just internally process things. I think one of the healthiest, healthiest things you can do is I think sometimes when you when you're burning with pain and you're carrying the pain, I think every time you maybe talk to a close confident or somebody you really trust, you take the steam out of it a little bit. And I always tell my kids, I'm like, something's bothering you right now, you should let it out. Otherwise you're gonna carry it and it's gonna stay with you and it festers, and it's best to tell me what's bothering you and communicate. In that way we can get through this together.
Speaker 1: Even if you can't help people, you shouldn't look for solutions because sometimes solutions, the thing that helps you solve it for yourself is letting some of it out, like you said, And.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes if somebody's pulling you aside and saying, hey, can I tell you something, the best thing you do just listen. They just want to get it out there. Don't offer unless they ask you for advice, just receive it, receive it, be there for that individual, and you do everything you can be supportive. But I think the most support you can give somebody is to just listen. Sometimes they just want.
Speaker 1: To be heard.
Speaker 2: Very good mommy, Thank you, good advice, mommy, Thanks mom, such a great mom That's great? All right? Do I want to do this one? This one's this one might be serious.
Speaker 1: Let's get that one.
Speaker 2: The one we just did was kind of serious though. Okay, Uh, I suffer from bipolar depression. How do you get through days that are just hard from the get go? I would say seek professional advice first off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I know nothing about that.
Speaker 2: I know nothing about it.
Speaker 1: I think you should probably expand your search past the Instagram request message.
Speaker 2: I think if you know, a bipolar is like a big thing.
Speaker 1: I know some people who have in their family, and that's something you need some serious, serious help with that. People can help you.
Speaker 2: There is absolutely medication how this helps recalibrate the chemistry within your.
Speaker 1: Therapy things of all that nature, all that stuff that I'm not equipped to help you with. But I'm here to say, you know much love to you, and I hope that you get to help you need.
Speaker 2: But there are there are certainly days that are hard from the get go for everybody, And I think, uh again, I think. I think like you said, it's like you do something that makes you feel good, you know, and you find that laughter is the key to yours. I find carbs to be my.
Speaker 1: Later Cars really solve most of the world.
Speaker 2: I just read this article the other day and they're like the five foods you should stay away from Ding, pizza Ding, It's like everything I love.
Speaker 1: It's like you can easily change the title to that to Steve's favorite five favorite foods, and it was the same list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my five food groups. Yeah awful. Yeah, But I think. I mean, if somebody's saying, hey, I gotta just the day just started off so so horribly for me, what do you say.
Speaker 1: I'm always a big part of like identifying what the problem was and then trying to see what you could do about it, and if.
Speaker 2: You can't do anything about it, try to move on, especially can right, you know, I would say it's your issue, deal with it. I'm going, yeah, well, he's.
Speaker 1: Got he's got his own things.
Speaker 2: He's got to deal with it. So I don't have time for the shit best to you.
Speaker 1: Steve Bird's life advice, Good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Deal with it. But you're my dad alone, Ack, daddy, do you love me? It's complicated, complicated, complicated. Okay, I think you're gonna like this one. I need some too cool moms advice. Oh that's us. She came down the right spot, you came in the right place. We are two moms and we are cool cool. Why won't my kids get along? Thirteen year old girl eleven year old boy? And that says everything you need to that's thirteen, he's eleven. That's the answer in the question. Somebody put a curly one on the soap, and that's when shit goes down. That's when life changes. Okay. I do think that puberty's the that's the game change. And if you're thirteen and you're a girl, she's laying eggs. That's the problem. Yeah, that's the problem. No, I mean even I mean the boy.
Speaker 1: I remember when I hit puberty, I became just so. I had so much hormones and dealing with everything was like I was frantic. I was just frantic. I didn't I had so much energy. I had so I didn't know what I was doing with myself.
Speaker 2: But you're in a good position to share advice because you had older sisters, you were the younger boys, and it seems like it's the same situation.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm trying to think when I was eleven and my sister was thirteen, I mean, we absolutely hate each other and she's my best friend. Now, I think that thing just those though you hear it, I mean that trope rings true because it runs us course, teenage boys teenage girls. When you have two you know, preteens or teens, they're gonna fight, they're gonna they're forming opinions, they're becoming that And I think what you need to do is just what I always got from my mom in those situations, which I loved, was the answer to work it out, and she put it on us, and I think that's huge. I think incerting yourself in a way to become the problem solver is just going to debilitate that relationship and not help them figure out themselves as they're developing. So for me, I love that about in hindsight and as a parent now like I love that it's like figure it out, you guess figure out exactly you know there's something that's gonna need some help, of course, but a lot of the stuff if you just make them figure it out, make them figure it out, and they will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I you know, I want to go to roller sclaiming class. It's like, we'll figure it out. Yeah, there's a bus down the street. Yeah, get a dollar, thirty five year old enough, I'm nine, figure it out.
Speaker 1: Put the roll skits on a grab buok, a hubcat.
Speaker 2: Fully fly like that's a string to it. I'm sure they're going to pass the roller rink. But I think that I think it it's maybe one of two things. Right, you got to weather the storm, you got to ride it out. You got to understand these next six to seven years, this is the way it's going to be, because, like you said, I think anybody in your teen years, you're trying to establish identity. You're trying to figure yourself out, especially you know in a school type setting. Oh my god, who hasn't felt awkward and uncomfortable and you're trying to be cool and separate yourself from your family and be your own person. Right, I think the only thing that could perhaps maybe bridge that gap, and it's I think it's a band aid is an experience. Yeah, you give the kids an experience. You go somewhere together, like rock climbing, where there's a start and a finish and a sense of accomplishment at the end. And maybe they need to rely on each other in terms of spotting or holding something physical or whatever it might be, where there's there's an end goal and they accomplish this feat together, whatever it might be. I think if they have that experience, then absolutely it's something that they can look upon each other and go, oh, we did that together.
Speaker 1: That's some really sound advice right there.
Speaker 2: Now, and then this all comes through. You got it right now, and then get.
Speaker 1: Yourself a pen on the water.
Speaker 2: You'd be great. This. Mommy's had a little too that I'm gonna watch a Hallmark movie and get under the covers an hope a kitty cat curls up my legs, it doesn't spray in the face, it don't come in. Yeah, super soked mommy over the blanket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. I love that. I think making memories is always great every chance you can, because it could turn like the most. I remember my sister and I were having a horrendous fight. We were in We're taking a road trip down to Florida with my dad's car. G had a bucle saber, three of.
Speaker 2: Us in the back seat. How many hours is that? Eighteen? Yeah? I was like, we went to northern Florida. Yeah, it was about like six or whatever, next to each other, next to each other. I'm in the middle. I'm in the middle nine ish tennis.
Speaker 1: Maybe my sister's on the the askat so one's like fifteen sixteen and one is twelve thirteen. And I remember like it being fighting in the car horrendous, And then when we got to the place we were staying, we had like a great time, and the ride home was completely different, you know, because we drop that drove back. So I just think, like, and that's one of my favorite family vacations we ever had when we were down there, and it's just really cool to just yeah that something that started so horrible because I remember the rot. I remember hating it so much, Like I kept begging my mother to sit in the front, like because you know, the beautiful to saber had a bench seat right right, and I was like, let me sit up front.
Speaker 2: My Dad's like, no, you guys stay back there, and I was like, please, I can't.
Speaker 1: We had a cooler, like my dad had a cooler of like, you know, one of those sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't even go to McDonald's those sns of pitches. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we were really but I remember on the way back like just being like, oh, this is a totally different experience.
Speaker 2: That's great, Yeah, because you're going through it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's it's tough. My brother and I remember we went to Hawaii. We were I think I was sixteen, he was thirteen. We fought the whole time, the whole time. My father and mother worked all year, all year to fly us to Hawaii to enjoy paradise, and we fought the whole time. I ruined that vacation for my parents. To this day, I feel so bad. I've made up for it. I've gotten them trips and stuff, but it's one of those things. Sorry, we haven't made up for it.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you still left from Sorry, there's still work to be done. Yeah. Well I think we did it. Mom, Mom, that was great.
Speaker 1: I felt like a great, great scenario here. I appreciate you and your all your motherly advice.
Speaker 2: You are so cool. You are so cool, Mom. We are these two cool mommies love you so show us some love.
Speaker 1: Please rate us, review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube