Speaker 1: NFL Game dey View is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Game Debut, present by Mercedes Men's Patrick Clavon here with Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeling Gods.
Speaker 2: Week two is here ton for us to take all.
Speaker 3: The things that we learned from week one, crumble it up, Greg and throw it out the window.
Speaker 4: I learned so much. Mostly I learned that my hot streak with making the picks it's continuing. Let's take a look. I'm just gonna I just can't wait to see it. I want to suck right now.
Speaker 2: Alight there, we don't really care how you're a week with.
Speaker 3: Let's look at Greg's making the face and in the crown as Greg goes thirteen and three, Cynthia twelve and four, and I, yeah, I dropped the game eleven and five, so we're trying to make a comeback.
Speaker 5: Cynthia, I just made him to roll the dice like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, it's like, oh, let's talk about how happy we are. This is what makes me happy. Look at this, and there's like gonna be a spot in my head that a crown is making an.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so we're gonna get a new chapter here. Speaking on rivalries is Greg Greg makes one with us Burrow Mahomes rivalry this weekend. Joe's one of the only humans on earth to a vested Patrick Mahomes consistently.
Speaker 2: He started his career three and zero against him.
Speaker 3: At one point, folks were even calling Arrowhead Burrowhead stations. However, the last time they met, the nickname did not work out case.
Speaker 2: We'll go on to beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl that year.
Speaker 3: Now we're getting the next edition of Burrow Mahomes since he trying to avoid yet another zero to two start after losing to the Patriots in Week one, Greg, do they bounce back against the Champs?
Speaker 4: I mean, in a manner speaking, yes, they play better, but they still lose. That's what matters to them. They lose by three, twenty seven, twenty four, so a better effort, but they're still going against Patrick Mahomes, who somehow keeps getting better. How can the greatest quarterback of all time through his six seven seasons starting get better. It's because of his pocket movement. Now, I mean he always was great at this, but now his feel of how to avoid that first rusher, stay in the pocket and make a great throw to me is getting to Tom Brady level. So of course, yeah, he can make all the crazy arm angles and the arm strength and all of that, but his way to stay in the pocket and avoid rushers to me is better than it's ever been. And when he gets, you know, a ball batted back in his face, he can make a big play like that. That's just outrageous too. So it's it's everything that you want. I think the Bengals defense comes out and makes him work for it. But twenty seven to twenty four, you just did an.
Speaker 6: Entire thing on Patrick Mahomes and then you said it's gonna be a close cheam.
Speaker 5: You're like, what the Bengals are gonna do better?
Speaker 6: And I agree in one particular area, how are my score? Twenty seven nineteen means Patrick Mahomes will absolutely reign supreme.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing we're not going to see this weekend. They gave Patrick.
Speaker 6: Mahomes single high safety covers.
Speaker 5: What are you doing? Fourteen times?
Speaker 6: Guess how many he completed. The answer is twelve for one hundred and fifty one hers. I just wanted to put it on your screen because the chances of lou Anarumo rolling out with single high are like almost nothing, like very close to zero. So let's just watch and behold the beauty of the yack that can be earned when you give Patrick Mahomes single high cut Rich say, she writes seventy like seventy nine of his whatever hundred yards were all, yeah, it was gorgeous.
Speaker 5: We're not gonna see it this week.
Speaker 3: Yes, gorgeous for Chiefs fans especially, But I think things were especially bad for fans of the Cincinnati Bengals in Week one against the New England Patriots, where.
Speaker 2: It did not go well.
Speaker 3: I think things will go significantly better, but I still have a one point loss for.
Speaker 2: The Cincinnati Bengals. But hey, Tanna.
Speaker 3: Hudson is not gonna have the ball punched out on the one inch line by Kyle Dugger.
Speaker 2: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: The game is entirely different the play before that, Mike Getsicki had a touchdown bounce out of his hands when he hit the ground in the corner of the end zone. And then there's special team's mistakes where the ball gets coughed up. The Patriots take over at the twenty five yard line. All of these things happened, we would feel so much different about Joe Burrow the Cincinnati Bengals have they not happened, But we still feel the way we do about the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: That's why it is a meme alert.
Speaker 3: Come get us Cincinnati Bengals, who have started back to back seasons according to this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, little more than that one and eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good. It's not good. Earth.
Speaker 3: And So, while Mahomes and Burrow renegotiate their rivalry, Dak Prescott just finished with his negotiation with the Cowboys, then stepped out in the field took care of business. Last weekend in Cleveland, he threw for one seventy nine and a touchdown. Dallas rolled thirty three seventeen over the Browns in the opener of The Cowboys now play host to the Saints Sunday. They've won sixteen straight at home New Orleans, coming off of forty seven to ten destruction.
Speaker 2: Of the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Does they do they carry the momentum Cynthia in.
Speaker 2: And beat the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: No Saints, No Dallas.
Speaker 6: Dallas's momentum reigned supremier. What we don't know about momentum. Ask Patrick about that later. Here twenty five to twenty one, Dallas wins this game. We're gonna learn a little something both about the Saints offense, which we got kind of not great data on, and also the Cowboys defense, not great data on them as well. But I want to point something out. Derek Carr, congratulations, my friend. He had exactly three passes under pressure completed, all three of them. One was a quick pressure, by the way, one was a touchdown. It was amazing. Do you know what his passer rating was on under pressure passes last week?
Speaker 5: One fifty eight point three perfec's pop perfect.
Speaker 6: Not gonna happen this week, but I wanted to point that out because it was fun. I liked his swagger. The whole thing was great. Not gonna happen. We're gonna actually see who both of these offense and defense, and they have new coordinators, so we'll get actual data this week on them. But fun to look back at those three passes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look at their offensive line. The Saints they played so well, Like will they be able to protect car? I don't know, but I trust the Saints defense this week. That's why I got it close again. I keep talking about the team I predict to lose, but Cowboys twenty Saints seventeen. This Saints defense came to play, and yes, it's gonna be a much tougher matchup, but this is a veteran crew. I'd love to know how healthy their secondary is. But Tyron Matthew practice on Thursday, and that's a good sign for them. Their pass rush is going to be better this year with Chase Young who had a great first week, Alonte Taylor playing great in coverage. They're also using him as a blitzer. It is a veteran he has three.
Speaker 2: Defense He's on pace for fifty six sss.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous time.
Speaker 6: For the league lead in sacks and he's a defensive back.
Speaker 4: It's one of the defenses that's great on every level. So I feel bad for Dak Prescott. I think he's having to play two of the best defenses in the league back to back Browns and Saints. So the Saints keep it closest is one of my favorite picks of the week. And it's a close game.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: One of the things that people could feel feel bad from Dak Prescott about was just how easy the Packers ran over the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs. A real need at linebacker, and a lot of that was because in the second preseason game, the Marveon Overshawn they drafted him out of Texas, believed he was gonna do a.
Speaker 2: Lot toward his acl.
Speaker 3: Well, he comes out in the opener and he's spectacular. He only had one actual pass rush, but he had multiple pressures because he was spying Deshaun Watson and he was so fast that he got to Deshaun Watson before he crossed a lot of scrimmage, so he gets pressure and sacks on those plays.
Speaker 2: He was incredible in the middle of the field.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna make Dallas' defense in the Mike Zimmer defense, a whole lot better coming into.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four. So that's why I've got a twenty six to twenty two win for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We're all on board, and if if we get memed by folks in New Orleans, it means that they've won the team.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan, picked you all the cover. We meme us for that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we believe, and we know that you want to believe as well. We got another monster matchup this weekend, the Bucks and the Lions.
Speaker 2: These teams met last year's NFC Divisional round. Jared Goff toss two touchdowns, Baker threw a few.
Speaker 3: Picks, and Cynthia's Lions came out on top thirty one to twenty three. Baker is coming off of four touchdown performance of his own last week against Washington, the Lions squeaking one out against the Rams. How do you feel about your Lions in this game, Cynthia?
Speaker 6: I mean, why are we going through and having the redo of the playoffs again in exact same order. It just doesn't necessarily feel fair. But I think they're gonna win one again. It's gonna be closer, though I have twenty far ferocious twenty seven to twenty one.
Speaker 5: Do it again? Can you do that?
Speaker 4: Give us the limelight again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like.
Speaker 5: A really hungry line.
Speaker 6: Maybe need to change my score a little bit, but I'm looking at the opportunity here for a guy who we saw the electric coach said that he knows how to handle success.
Speaker 5: He knows that it's going to be okay. Well, you know what, we also know that Jamis and Williams is going to be Okay.
Speaker 6: He watched Xavier Worthy run the football on Thursday end and they're like, hey, you know what, I see your Xavier Worthy, and I'm gonna give you Jamison Williams. And I'm actually going to have him more run faster miles per hour than Xavier Worthy in this one particular week, which is a highly scientific study over twenty one miles an hour. Look, I'm just saying he's arrived. He should be talked in that speedy ilk. Perhaps the Lions have found something here.
Speaker 4: He's the man. And if when you watch the tape on him, he gets out and blacks too even for a small guy like as a receiver, he blocks you know who else blacks well, Tristan Wurfs. I'm going to be watching this Tristan wors versus Aiden Hutchinson matchup. I have the Lions winning this game thirty to twenty four. But one of the reasons I have the Bucks scoring so many points in this game and keeping it close enough is because they have a great offensive line and a great left tackle in Tristan Worse. Aiden Hudginson, one of the best pass rushers in the league coming off just an absolutely fantastic performance. He actually did quite well against worse in the playoff game in this matchup a year ago, and yet I just think it's gonna be top notch football. These are two teams that have a lot of continuity. I think, two of the best teams in the NFC. At first, I had the Lions covering and I thought, you know, that's disrespectful. This Bucks team looked awesome a week ago. I think it's back and forth a lot of points in this game.
Speaker 3: My belief has shifted as well because coming in even when we had our meeting today, guys, I had the Tampa Bay Buccaneers winning this game, but then I realized, no, Antoine Winfield, Junior. It's just so tough because Todd Bowles's defense was a good reason that I made this pick originally, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and what they were able to do, especially in the run game, because Detroit's run game was so good down the stretch against the Los Angeles Rams. But it's hard to just wipe away one of the best safeties in the entire NFL. And the fact that he's out now, potentially for multiple weeks, it caused me to reconsider and it's just tough to take a team that lost to this team in the playoffs back in January to come in and get an upset in Detroit. Well, I mean, how disappointed can we really be?
Speaker 4: We're all wanting to pick up a game on you. I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Greg is ruth almost as ruthless as are.
Speaker 5: Also said that talks smacked to the viewers. Oh yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, okay, he's unruly.
Speaker 3: Coming up, we got more unruly Greg picking games, including Sunday nighter between CJ. Stroud and Caleb Williams. Are the Bears ever going to score an offensive touchdown? Find out if we think so? Next on game debut, it is time from the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes Bens Bears Texans. On Sunday in h down, we got this year's top pick in Caleb Williams taking on last year's Rookie of the Year in CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud. How do you see this quarterback battle going on Sunday night?
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a fun one. I think the Texans win twenty seven twenty. Both quarterbacks play well. Caleb Williams bounces back and gets a couple of touchdowns, but he did struggle a week ago. What concerned me most were the missthrows when he was protected. He was three of thirteen when he had over two and a half seconds to throw, and so sometimes he saw open receivers and he didn't hit him, and it's him figuring out. I think at the pro level, when do I get rid of the ball on time? That's what we want to do more often, and when do I just hold on to it and try to make a play. The interior pressure was a lot last week from the Tennessee Titans, and so the Bears offensive line needs to be better in front of Caleb Williams so that he can make more places. I think he does this week, but it's not enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was a great start and that defense was absolutely electric. So I'm giving the Bears defensive respect here too. With my model, I have twenty five to twenty as my final score. Houston takes this one because CJ. Stroud has such varying results against pressure. He can handle a little bit of volatility. So he got sacked four times, but he also completed seven of nine under pressure for over one hundred yards, so we know that he has this opportunity to kind of take the next play, even after being pressured, and make it into something. But the other thing that was really nice was Joe Mixon really showed up and that helps mitigate some of this volatility. The best formula to win is to have a strong defense and a strong run game. So the advantage here goes to the Texans on both of those regards.
Speaker 2: I agree, I've also got a Texans win.
Speaker 5: Are we all memes so far?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all memes. This is a meme.
Speaker 5: Addition, were the same person, I promise turning it to.
Speaker 4: Greg, it'd be a great looking person.
Speaker 2: We're gonna separate in just a bit.
Speaker 3: But speaking of separation, Stefan Diggs got all of his targets.
Speaker 2: All six of his targets from CJ. Stroud were within ten are yards. He had two touchdowns out of that.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying all steph out Diggs is old and bad now, but I think his ability to read the zones and find the gaps and be kind of possession.
Speaker 2: Is not a bad word in this instance.
Speaker 3: While Nico Collins and Tank Dell can be on the outside doing all those explosive things, Stefan Diggs provides an opportunity to gets that Barry Good Bears defense, who I do think keeps it close. But the Texans just really good right now again, meme away as Caleb and CJ former number one overall as well as number two overall picks.
Speaker 2: What about a number three overall pick? That's ballin' right now? Sam Donald Gregg, well, what about him?
Speaker 3: Alan is now in the Donald hive, buzzin' in Greg's ear right now?
Speaker 2: So far enough after what he did against the Giants?
Speaker 3: Will they be able to slow down the forty nine ers juggernaut Sunday though, Cynthia, how slow slows?
Speaker 6: I have kind of a significant San Francisco wins eight to nineteen. I love Sam Darnald. I feel bad I just took all the air. I deflated the Sam Donald balloon.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I still love him, but I want to talk about the lying lie.
Speaker 5: Who lies?
Speaker 6: That is the coach of San Francisco forty nine ers. Oh man, it is to make every running back. He is the mightest touch for running backs. We thought it was gonna be Christian McCaffrey until literally the last minute before they had to tell us who's inactive and who's active. But you know what, you know, it didn't matter who was running the ball because Jordan Mason had just an electric day. He made the Jets defense look like they had never played run defense before. This was just such a really really clinic on how to all the different types of runs.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even just.
Speaker 6: One run where they were exploiting. It was kind of all of the entire menu of runs was available to them. So, you know, look, Kyle Shannan doesn't know us anything. So it's a joke when I call him a lying liar who lies, but he never tells us anything ahead of time. So the liang liar who lies strikes again, and yet might's touched on the running back one time.
Speaker 3: My favorite Kyle Shanahan is he like, I don't know if any of us are going to be here Sunday, but I have an idea.
Speaker 5: It doesn't know. That's actually not, that's true.
Speaker 2: One person who will be there.
Speaker 3: Because we thought Jordan Mason played great, the defense played great, but eighteen eighteen forty nine ers points on that win against the Jets came off of the foot of Jake Moody six field goals, six for six for.
Speaker 2: Jake Moody, which I think is such a weapon. And now this era of the.
Speaker 3: Kickoff changes that we've had the dynamic kickoff, the word escaped me unlike Jake Moody's field goals finding between the crossbars.
Speaker 2: Here the field position change is going up.
Speaker 3: And if you can get in Jake Moody's range and he's gonna hit field goals, Greg, it becomes even tougher for even Sam Donald in this revenge game to come in and get the hive buzzin it.
Speaker 4: I mean, what a bunch of upsets today. We first we have claybn talking momentum, and now we got him talking kickers. I like, second block of this show, we have forty nine ers winning, but it's not by that much. Oh I would actually like to make it even closer. Now that line was moving. Bikings keep it close because of their run game in Aaron Jones, Sam Darnald, just don't make mistakes and hand the ball off to Aaron Jones. I can't believe the Packers let this guy get away from them five to ten yard runs last week. So Jordan Mason was great, you know who was even better? Aaron Jones second in the NFL in rushing yards over expected a lot of tough runs like this one where he's carrying those giants in their khakis. I mean, you knew they were gonna lose when they put those uniforms on. Give me a break. Aaron Jones was incredible, though, and I think that's the way you can keep it close against the forty nine Ers Beirs.
Speaker 2: They were celebrating the existence of the franchise.
Speaker 4: Greg, I mean, you invited all those legends. You're gonna watch Lawrence Taylor, watch this team stink it up. I mean, give me a break.
Speaker 2: Maybe Babe LT.
Speaker 3: Got out of there by there was the pick six by Andrew Ginkles. Monday night, Kirk Cousins and the Falcons head to Philadelphia. Atlanta's offense looked like it was stuck, rendering the loss of the Steelers with absolutely nothing to gain in the second half last week.
Speaker 2: Do they bounce back against the Eagles?
Speaker 4: Greg, they do not. I mean, the Eagles are Cynthia's Super Bowl pick, which I love. I have them winning twenty six to fourteen. But I'm gonna go negative here. It's like an attack ad during political season. Kirk Couttins couldn't move last week. I can't pick a guy who can't move. This was a guy who played his very best using the play action pass like thirty plus percent when he was in Minnesota. They didn't do it once last week because he couldn't move. Now, I'm sure this week they hear the chatter they'll get him outside the pocket. Maybe it'll be proven wrong, but last week he looked like a quarterback that shouldn't have been playing. They have another quarterback on this team, Michael Pennix. Maybe they should be playing him until I see something better. I'm not taking the Falcons any week, much less against a good team like the Eagles.
Speaker 3: It would just make a lot of sense to have the young guy play until the veteran who's coming off of a severe injury.
Speaker 2: And a repair on it until he could actually play. I also have the Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Eagles, and because of it, it's a lot of the same thing that the reason we weren't picking the Eagles late last season, and that's because they've got answers to the blitz.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The Packers didn't necessarily overwhelm Jalen Hurts with a lot of double A gap stuff but when they set four, five times six a couple times, guys in pressures Jalen Looketalm Cool had quick answers to everything. That is something that we did not see last year as the offense kind of fell apart. I think that he can handle the pressure and I've got a seven point win for the bird.
Speaker 6: Cynthia, Well, I think I'm probably the biggest different thing here. Mate. Yes, Philadelphia wins this one. Twenty seventy eighteen. Still getting used to this new way of talking, you know, it's really interesting. I want to talk about Saquon Barkley, not just because he ended up in the end zone three times, but we did see some problems on that center to quarterback exchange, communication, et cetera.
Speaker 5: However, when you have a guy like Saquon, you can.
Speaker 6: Mitigate some of those kind of learning curve issues as the O line settles. So if you're an Eagles fan, and I know all Eagles fans are the most passionate humans on the planet, they will tell you they're Eagles fans from miles away.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be okay with that on line.
Speaker 6: I know it's you're not gonna replace Jason Kelsey, but things will be okay. Maybe not so much with a tush push, but it is going to be okay because you've got squads there instead.
Speaker 2: Where those folks, it's echoe.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you there.
Speaker 6: You can hear them down the hall, around the corner twelve miles from here.
Speaker 2: It's all just bouncing off the canyon walls.
Speaker 3: It's time for quick fix here on game day you the Browns and the Jags, both looking to bounce back after disappointing week ones.
Speaker 2: Ohen one against Owen one. Who becomes one in one great.
Speaker 4: The Jacksonville Jaguars and their offensive Rookie of the Year candidate, Brian Thomas Junior. This kid was robbed. They gave Jaden Daniels didn't even have a good week. Rookie of the Year this week, I would have given it to Brian Thomas Junior. Four for forty two in a touchdown. Also had a long pass interference, also opening it up for his teammates. He just moves different. Sometimes you don't need to be an expert when it comes to the scouting. This guy is bigger and faster and more agile than almost anyone on the planet. I think he's going to have an outstanding season.
Speaker 3: Our locks up solid trend continues for the show. Lets see if we switch it up Cynthia, the Raiders and the Ravens Baltimore eight and a half, the biggest spread of the week. Is there any chance that Gardner and company come in there and wipe that off the board.
Speaker 5: There is always a chance. This is a National Football League.
Speaker 6: But I have twenty seven six to seventeen, so I'm not saying the chance is very strong. I we usually save our you know, write this down for the end of the show, but write this down. Derek Henry's gonna end up in the end zone. Why because of the way he runs and how much yards after contact he delivers. I understand that Max Crosby is the best edge rusher against the run edge.
Speaker 5: Just run to the other side.
Speaker 6: That's the strategy right here, run away from Max Crosby.
Speaker 5: But realistically speaking, get in the end zone. We're going to see it all right.
Speaker 3: This keeps happening, And let's go to Jim Harboll's team. They took care of business last week across the street. Now they head to Caroline, picking Carolina. You I'm not taking the Carolina Panthers I've got the Chargers winning by just one because I think they keep the ball on the ground as they should if you saw the Panthers Saints game. But the thing that I want to talk about is pressure. Iky Akwanu gave up six of them, six of them against Chase Young in the opener.
Speaker 2: That is a huge issue.
Speaker 3: Now that because we've got Bosa and Mac coming in, it does.
Speaker 2: Not look good. We are all on the Chargers.
Speaker 3: I have at eighteen to seventeen win at Bank of America Stadium coming on both.
Speaker 6: We should have talked about Lad McConkie, by the way, who also gets in the other I'm writing everything down. Lad McConkie. Another trip to the end zone in this one. I think it justin Herbert looks a little better throwing downfield.
Speaker 3: Just say, oh, an improvement because past ten yards it was not good in Week one.
Speaker 2: But that's real change.
Speaker 3: It's time to seize the season presented by Caesar Sportsbook. As we're looking at some first touchdown score odds between that Patriots and Seahawks matchup that's going to be going on in Foxborough.
Speaker 2: Kenny Walker the third is the favorite.
Speaker 3: Ramandre Stevenson right after that then DK, Tyler Lockett and Jackson Smith in JIGBA. Let's discuss the Greg Bull Gino against the Patriots. It puts Greg in the dilemma between what he he loves and what he believes.
Speaker 2: How do you discide?
Speaker 4: How about it's between what I love and what I love. I mean, I love Geno, I love the Patriots, but they're at different stages of development. I'm making the Seahawks in this game twenty to thirteen because there's two great defenses in this game, but there's only one great quarterback. That's Seattle. So let's talk about the Seahawks defense a ton of pressure last week because of the guys in the back end playing so well. Bo Nicks looks up and he doesn't see anyone open in this game. Tarik Woolan had seven throws against him last week. He gave up seventeen yards and had that interception. Everything I heard about their training camp was he was on a mission. You put him and Devin Witherspoon in the same secondary and you're just not gonna find enough open receivers. I think it makes the Patriots offense very one dimensional. The Seahawks stopped the run and they get a close ugly win. Not revenge for Malcolm Butler, but something.
Speaker 6: This is like choosing between which child you like best and you just have it.
Speaker 4: You can't do that. They just better on different days.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay, Well I.
Speaker 6: Don't have that problem my math, says Seattle wins this one twenty two sixteen.
Speaker 5: I want to point out a difference something.
Speaker 6: We were seeing a new trick in Geno Smith's bag, and that's pre snap motion.
Speaker 5: We saw the most pre snap mode.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to talk about that, because I know you love Gino and you love pre snap motion. Ten different ten different pre snap motions, three different guys did that. Also about seventy percent of plays we saw it. It made the O line look like all world O alignment, which I love that, you know, that's my favorite. And we saw a lot of new wrinkles unfolds, so it really makes the offense just totally different. We didn't know what we're going to see from Ryan Grebb. I think we're starting to see what that is going to be, pre snap motion, play action fun stuff.
Speaker 5: Wrinkles and folds be modern.
Speaker 4: They are it.
Speaker 3: One thing that kept them from looking modern was the fact that they gave up two safeties in the first half of the Denver Broncos. It could have been an ugly loss for the Seattle Seahawks in the opener if not for the efforts of one Kenneth Walker the third who were keeping an eye on because this week he.
Speaker 2: Was dealing with an oblique injury.
Speaker 3: But five point two yards per carry when things weren't necessarily working well, Kenny Walker came out, goes down the.
Speaker 2: Sideline, flies with the d N zone there and it was no looking back.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that to burst the explosiveness?
Speaker 3: Such a fun football player to watch, looking forward to, say in the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yet again, we're all on meme watch here. My gosh, everybody's taking were the Seattle Seahawks were triplets?
Speaker 3: Yep, mimous kids, and not one of you is better, although Greg does have a daily ranking apparently that we need to catch up.
Speaker 2: All folks.
Speaker 3: Download the Caesars sportsbook app and official sponsor of the NFL. New users place your first bet up to one thousand dollars and if you lose, you get it back as a bonus bet. Use the promo code TV one thousand must be twenty one or olderccesars dot Com backslash promos for full terms and Hey.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty four NFL season is here.
Speaker 3: Single game tickets are on sale now seventeen games for all thirty two teams. NFL dot Com slash tickets to purchase tickets today. Tickets available through Ticketmasters, seat Geek, and Sports Illustrated members of the NFL Ticket Network.
Speaker 2: The Jets and the Titans.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers coming off a disappointing game against the forty nine Ers. Meanwhile, the Titans blew a seventeen point lead, just the calamity of eras last week against the Bears. I like the Jets to rebound here, but only by one point twenty one to twenty. We saw it in the first half against the San Francisco forty nine Ers, the pairing of Garrett Wilson and Aaron Rodgers that finally came into fruition as Aaron Rodgers was able to play more than a few snaps and he had the ball down the sideline over diomed or no, It's like, oh wow, this is gonna be all game. It turns out was only a drive. I know the Fantasy World. There's some Allen Lazar Troopers out there. One of those touchdowns was absolute garbage tub. This is Garrett Wilson's passing offense. But the Titans at home a scrapping team. The defense played great. That's why I've only got a one point win for the Jets.
Speaker 6: Wasn't the other one on a free play too? Where and Rodgers just like a monster? Anyways, I have the Jets winning this one to twenty four to nineteen. Will Levis, we love those deep passes, they're fun to watch. However, they create a ton of volatility. This is an area where you're not gonna be able to target the Jets defense over the passes. The beginning of last season, so last season plus one game, they've allowed exactly ten twenty plus air yard passes. So it takes away one of the things that Will Levis like makes him so volatile. It doesn't it's just not going to work in this game. So my score is largely derived from the fact that this is not going to be the game where we see Will Levis just to connect and look like that first time out last year when he just had his first game, and we're.
Speaker 5: Like, well, we're all wrong about Will Levis.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be something where the defense has an advantage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think both defenses end up playing well in this game. But uh, I'm just going just Greg, just GREGA. Finally, let's go Titans twenty three to twenty. Let's put the Jets on fraud watch. Just Greg got it right last week with the Steelers. Gotta be right once again because of the running game for the Titans. Hey, how did the forty nine ers beat the Jets last week? I run it down their throat? What did Bill Belichick say this week on one of his many media appearances. I can't remember which one. He said, they'd always try to make plays when Jonathan Franklin Myers and Bryce huffword on the field. Two great players for the Jets that are no longer there. Maybe they're not as good upfront. You know who's better uprunt? The Titans. They inherit this Callahans. You know, Brian brings his dad Bill there, and suddenly you got a really cohesive running game. Tony Pollard looked out standing, looked like he had more burst than he had before. And there were holes there. So I think they run it down the Jets throat to and Ozer. Y're zeroing too rather for the Jets.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So and people slept on Tony Pollard was hurt last year, saw the burstls there, but the Norad radar tracking Santa Frog flying to Florin Park for Greg Rosehal Let's do the math Cynthiya for on this particular game. Aaron Rodgers threw for one hundred and sixty seven yards in Week one? Will he throw for over or under two twenty five against.
Speaker 2: The Titan on Sunday?
Speaker 6: Okay? So the Titans secondary is where we thought there were some questions, and we saw Aaron Rodgers not necessarily look like himself last week.
Speaker 5: How does the math that out?
Speaker 6: The number is two sixteen, that's the number I have forecast for him, which is lower than two twenty five. Why I think they have to run the ball to control the football. I think both teams are far more proficient in the run game. This one stays on the ground. It stays a lower game, which means not enough opportunities for Rogers to throw.
Speaker 5: To hit that number?
Speaker 4: Right when? If the Titans end the running the ball as well as I think they will, that's just one of them. I thot Aaron Rodgers looked fine last week. But you know who else look fine? Lagarius Snead and Chadobie Uzie, the two veteran corners for the Titans. They've been banged up, but they look pretty good.
Speaker 2: Out there, all right. So we gotta pick.
Speaker 3: We got one pick that's separated all of us here our game debut.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're going to the Desert.
Speaker 3: The preview of the Rams and Cardinals, both squads coming up just short in week one on the road. Who's the first to get their dub on Sunday? We'll tell you right after this quick break, we're back on game day view. Election Day is coming up and we all need to be ready to show up big our country. Make sure you know your state's voter registration deadline as well as requirements. For more resources and information, visit NFL dot com slash votes. Let's look over at some of the highest over unders for Week two according to Caesars Sportsbook, fifty one and a half points in that playoff rematch between the Buccaneers and the Lions, and then the Rams and the Cardinals in the Desert at forty eight points, second, leading the way ahead of the Bengals in chiefs. So let's discuss that Rams Cardinals matchup Vegas expecting fireworks in that point total. There both squads coming off narrow losses. Is it a score fest in the desert where it's a narrow game? Greg, who wins?
Speaker 4: I have the Rams winning it. I kept looking at that number. The Rams are an underdog in this game. Give them to me because they only have the most undestructible quarterback in the league, Matthew Stafford. He got hit a lot last week. Their tackle situation is a problem. We're not sure if they're gonna get Rob Hanstein back or not for this game. But Sean McVay has a week to prepare, and I think the schedule makers did him a favor. The one team on their entire schedule that I think they could hold up against in terms of pass protection is the Arizona Cardinals. They just don't have any pure pass rushers. So if you can get Matthew Stafford time, they have enough weapons even without Puka Nakua. Look at Tyler Johnson, his replacement, Jordan Winnington make it to play, so they have enough playmakers. I think they get the win, Sean McVay. In this Rams team beat the Cardinals by forty combined points in their two matchups last year.
Speaker 6: I'm completely with you. I think the wrong team is favored in this one. I have a one point win for the Rams twenty six to twenty five in this matchup.
Speaker 5: Run the football and you know who does that really well, Sean, the Rams. They're gonna figure this one out. They have before.
Speaker 6: This is a puzzle they are uniquely suited to solve. Yes, I don't love the fact that the tackles are on the injury report and not playing.
Speaker 5: That's not great for any team.
Speaker 6: However, they're figuring out how to make the looks just enough different to keep through Stafford, who potentially is the most underrated, like first round pick ever in terms of a quarterback like most underrated ever. If that's what I think, Rams and Lions fans would both agree on that one. But they're gonna run the football and they're gonna win.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Verdy, the Cardinals are favored for a reason, and they're also not favored on this show for several reasons that we have just outlined. I have a three point win for the Los Angeles Rams as well, because, as Greg mentioned, we're not sure where the Cardinals pass rush comes from.
Speaker 2: The Rams were.
Speaker 3: Already good with a set of good young pass rushers, and then they go out and they draft Jared Verse in the first round.
Speaker 2: They add Braydon Fisk.
Speaker 3: Jared Vers equaled Will Anderson jun the defensive rookie of the year's first game numbers. He comes out, he gets a sack against Jared Golf against the Lions offensive line at home in Detroit.
Speaker 2: He was very good right off of the bet.
Speaker 3: I just don't know where the pressure comes from from the Cardinals. All love to Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be better.
Speaker 3: And Kyler Murray, who will look great in spots against the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: It's just hard to take this Rams defense. It's so good, so early, mean the way children we are all on the Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 3: Tom to make some quick picks here on game debut, the Steelers and the Broncos and what would have been We were so close to the Russell Wilson revenge game discuss they played with his money a bit, Greg, But now you're the only one to take the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Last week, yes, were taking the Steelers again.
Speaker 4: Of course I am. I believe in you justin Fields. You can tell who didn't watch the game last week when they dog on Justin Fields. He played well in that game. Okay, they didn't score a touchdown, but he made a lot of winning football plays, good throws down the field, smart times to run. One of the best running quarterbacks. I believe that the game has ever seen, and I think he's getting more and more comfortable in this offense. They don't score a touchdown this week either. That's six field goals eighteen to twelve. They don't give up any touchdowns either. It's a field goal fest in Denver.
Speaker 5: You don't even really need touchdowns if you got this defense.
Speaker 6: But I do want to point out that George Pickens is again having the same trend carry over from last year, which is those deep outside the numbers passes. So if you're a fantasy player and you want to beat your opponent, go for a guy like this who's boom or bust meeting. He's either going to catch those like insane bombs outside the numbers really deep, or you know, he's not gonna get anything. But it's fine, we'll go to the upside.
Speaker 3: Here, and at least they get to look at justin fields in practice, so like, see a quarterback that moves because Kirk Cousins definitely didn't move that well in the opener for the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 2: Bonix can get around as well too, but we're.
Speaker 4: All late in the show. Stray for Kirk Cousins ray he.
Speaker 3: Would like to move better to Let's get to the Colts and Packers in Lambeau. Malik Willis starting Jordan Love dealing with that mcl sprain.
Speaker 2: How do you see this one going?
Speaker 6: Cynthia Indianapolis wins this one twenty two to eighteen. Let's just talk about Anthony Richards in here. It's interesting to watch.
Speaker 5: Because we all know, yes, by the way, he's a running threat too.
Speaker 6: Everyone knows everyone knows, including the Packers defense, including last year, last week, the Houston Texans defense. But he still manages to make it look pretty easy here. I think it's going to be a nice week to target Alec Pierce again in fantasy if you're looking for someone that he could connect with. But the threat of he and Jonathan Taylor is just too much for the Packers without Jordan Longe.
Speaker 4: There's something about this though. We all picked the Colts and I'm sticking with it that I don't feel comfortable with.
Speaker 5: Agree.
Speaker 4: No, it's at Lambeau. The Packers are a home underdog. That's worrisome. It's the first time we've seen Malik Willis as a starter. The Colts defense gave up a lot of yards on the ground last week to Houston. And you can imagine Matt Lafler, who's a really good coach, coming up with a good running game where it features Josh Jacobs, features Malik Willis. I'm just this would be a stay away from me. But we have to pick, and I picked the Colts.
Speaker 6: By the way, another free write this down. Josh Jacobs gets in the end zone.
Speaker 5: Easy one there.
Speaker 3: Jacobs played well in the opener. It's just hard to not pick Anthony Richardson. There were contrails coming off that ball to Ashton Doolan on the reverse angle. Just an incredible thrower of the football.
Speaker 2: Last one.
Speaker 3: The Giants and the Commanders surprising straight out here. I'm the only one taking the Washington Commanders after the way the New York Giants looked against the many Sloa Vikings at home and the opener where they're honoring all these Giants greats. Aside from that, Jaydon Daniels got pressured a whole lot by the time Bay Buccaneers, but.
Speaker 2: What he was able to do was get away with it with his feet. And yet the performance wasn't that great for the Commander's defense.
Speaker 3: But I just think, considering the offenses that are going to be on the field, I believe more in Jayden Daniels than I do and dimes in the Giants.
Speaker 6: Can we talk a little bit about Malik Neighbors though, because he very quietly leads all rookies and receiving yards. Okay, come on, it was a little bit of love for a guy on it. That was a tough outing, but he still had the most yard.
Speaker 4: My hardest game to pick it. I think I wound up taking the Giants because the Washington game was the last one I watched, and the Bucks could have put up about fifty five points. There were just receivers streaking wide open all game long. And there's something about the Giants are in year three of this program with brand Deeble. If they can't win this game in game two of this Washington program, where I just don't think they're very talented. They're in deep trouble. So you think Dexter Lawrence knew it?
Speaker 5: Can we call him dex he watches the show. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 6: Dexter Lawrence had a really good game last week. Let's I mean, we got to give some love here, Dexter Laurence's bleak neighbors. Come on, those are those are the positive reasons here?
Speaker 3: All love And I probably should not do this because I do not Greg and Cynthia to change their picks.
Speaker 2: But let's throw up some dimes footage. There's the a VG pick six. He's done that call.
Speaker 3: So sometimes things, you know, you hold onto the ball a little bit too long, you try to have the time behind your tackle. You guys feel that the Harrison Smith, so he's got a lot of folks. But all these things happen in the same game.
Speaker 4: Does they won't be wearing these uniforms though. That is worth three points? Maybe Moore.
Speaker 2: The uniforms, I mean, I love it.
Speaker 6: I love the historic giants like I want like the strayhand version. I just I like those uniforms best that I'm with you here.
Speaker 4: If you're right, Daniel Jones may never play again.
Speaker 2: For the Giants Sunday, nine am Eastern. Rich Eyes and Kurt Warner, Steve Maryucci, Jerald McCoy.
Speaker 4: Freely wait now you're not as small as smaller.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to game day morning, Kurt explains what Rogers needs to fix to get his first win of the season. Live reports from stadiums all across the league, Sunday at nine a m.
Speaker 2: Eastern.
Speaker 3: As for us, it's time for write this down as we get some predictions for Week two.
Speaker 2: Greg's already been bold a couple times, so which got grit?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if this is bold, but it's Taj Spears. It's gonna be right over twenty three and a half rushing yards. I mentioned how the Titans ground game is gonna grind the Jets to dust, and they're not just a one back backfield. Tony Pollard has a big game. Taj Spears has a nice game. Two more carries this week, not just receptions, and I'm so big on this type them to Dust's.
Speaker 2: Thunder and lightning when you got mortar and pestle.
Speaker 6: I think mine's a little bit spicier than that one. I have brock Bauers entering the end zone and scoring his first NFL touchdown this weekend. Why he ran nine of the routes on the route tree last week, which means they already trust him. This guy has been on the field for at least twenty six snaps on offense. That means that this is gonna be the opportunity. They need some pass catchers, They need something to get going here against the Ravens Black Bauers touchdown spicy.
Speaker 5: I also gave you some other ones that were less spicy. But that's a spicy.
Speaker 2: But there were several things that you could write down for Cynthia Friella.
Speaker 5: I met a lot of writing today and.
Speaker 2: You need them because on the show we were in lockstep for a lot of the time. We may be on here. Let me know if you guys agree with me on this.
Speaker 3: I think Derrick Henry is over seventy one rushing yards against the Raiders on Sunday. In six of the last seven games that Dereck Henry has played for eighteen when they have one, he's gone.
Speaker 2: Over this number.
Speaker 3: And I think the game script allows for more Dereck Henry to not necessarily in the opener, as the Chiefs went out a couple touchdowns, they had to try to pull them back in Derek Henry over seventy.
Speaker 5: That's about his spy.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever
Speaker 5: You get your podcasts.