Speaker 1: All right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Please some national reports or suggestions that Brandon I was going to practice today to your knowledge, is he going to be out there?
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I think you'll see right with me. I know he's here today, and that's the expectation.
Speaker 4: When was the decision made and when was he examined to make to see if his back.
Speaker 1: We don't get into those details. That's medical stuff. And but he you know, he has been cleared and we're ready to roll.
Speaker 3: The only dynamic that's changed here that would make him practice.
Speaker 1: Today, yeah, in theory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he does not practice, chooses not.
Speaker 1: To, then we'll then we'll deal with that.
Speaker 5: You told us you're impatient, and this thing's really dragged on. Is he's just driving you crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You you know, Fortunately, there's ninety players here, there's preseason games, there's the work of getting better, and that goes into putting a team together. But no question about it, when you've got some of your better players, two of them in particular, that aren't out there, you're you know, and and you know that's your job. Yeah, you take a lot of lot of pride in that. And you know, I think you know one thing, we got a lot of really good players, and we've rewarded a lot of good players and that makes things tougher at times, but you know, I I remain optimistic we'll find a way to put the best squad out there, and really happy with where this team's at. And uh, you know what we do have to offer. The players out here that have been here are working really hard. We got a lot of love for the two guys that aren't and we'll continue to work on that to try to bring that to a resolution. Now, there's no updates there. I mean there's good communication. We're constantly working thrown out ideas to try to have a breakthrough and it just hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Conication between you and Brennan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's communication, and uh, it's a it's it's uh, it's been ongoing, you know, with with Brandon, with with his representative and you know on that one as well, we just haven't been able to break through.
Speaker 1: A couple weeks ago.
Speaker 4: This team is close to a Super Bowl, as you obviously were last year. Can you say that the franchise is putting up enough money or financial commitment to make sure you have the best chance this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, First of all, Tim, I don't think you can ever make an assumption that you're ready for a Super Bowl. You've got to earn that every year. That's nothing is given in this league. And we have a very talented team.
Speaker 1: We have a very.
Speaker 3: Proven team that's won a lot of games. But this is a new team. We like our team, we feel like we've improved, and yeah, this team has never fallen short on resources since we've been here. We've been one of the top spenders in the league. And I think there's reason for that.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of good players.
Speaker 3: Our talent acquisition has worked, whether it be through the draft, whether it be through trade, and as a result, we've had a lot of top players in their leagues at their at their respective positions. That's a good thing, but it does make things tougher. Those are our challenges. Those are the things we have to deal with.
Speaker 2: Going back to Trent Williams, has he threatened to retire at any point?
Speaker 3: I'm not getting into I've always said that personal conversations and things like that aren't aren't never going to get told to to uh, you know everyone. Those are private conversations. So I won't get into private conversations that Trenton and I and Trent and our organization have had.
Speaker 4: I've given your friendship relationship with Braindon's agent. Have that changed the dynamical? Have you had to step aside at all?
Speaker 3: No, you know, you you never know how that's going to play out. You know, Ryan was my he's my marketing guy for a bunch of years. You know a lot of people say he's your agent. Well, my last couple of deals I've done with Jed directly. That's how I've handled my business. So that's worked well for me. You know, there is a friendship that but uh, I've got a lot of friendships in this league with agents and that that have developed over time.
Speaker 1: It seems like you saw this standoff with Brandon, I you coming a few months ago. Did this Did the Trent Williams situation surprise him? Uh? I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I I saw the standoff with Brandon. I saw a situation that, uh, we were gonna have to deal with. And and man, we've been trying for a long time. We don't get paid to try, we get get paid to do. And you know, I'll take accountability for anything that hasn't happened but I won't I won't stop continuing to fight to to find the best resolution, whatever that may be. That the Trent situation. Uh, you know, things come up and and this is you know, come up. Trent's a fantastic player. He's a tremendous leader on this team. I will never fall short on my praise to Trent and what he's meant meant to this place. Uh, it was a great day, you know when I got that call from Rivera saying that that they would do that trade. And he's been incredible since he's been here. So we value Trent, We love Trent, We want Trent here, and I'm hopeful that can happen soon.
Speaker 6: Brandon, he's gotten to a point of like you'res waiting to see if feel practice today. It sounds like it could be disciplined if he doesn't start practicing. It doesn't sound great.
Speaker 1: Are you disappointed? It's kind of level?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, But you know I've seen these things look dire before and they can quickly turn.
Speaker 1: So that gives you hope.
Speaker 3: You know that that we've been in these situations before and those things can quickly be forgotten.
Speaker 1: So you know, we'll remain hopeful.
Speaker 4: Communicated to Braindon's camp at any point, saying in a less of weeks that he would be expected to practice starting.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get into our communication again, but you know there's.
Speaker 1: You know, at some point you got play down.
Speaker 5: There is the addition of Marshall in any way, are you insurance they play kind of boundary X receiver spots.
Speaker 3: That's just a good football player. We were very fortunate to get in the building. I don't know what went on Carolina, you know, I know that I got on the phone with Terrence along with Lennard Hankerson and Kyle and just told him about the way we do things, what we thought of him coming out of college, and that this could be a great landing spot for him. He's going to have to earn everything, but it's a fun place for receivers to come and and thrive and whatever your best is, I think you'll find it here. So we're excited for that opportunity, excited for our practice squad.
Speaker 1: It's tough to lose players.
Speaker 3: I think, you know Schrader Man, I love that kid and everything he represented and the way he attacked it. Sammy Womack had a really good offseason was proud of him. I think we're deeper than we've been at corner and so those are tough decisions that you have to make. One more Jared Kingston, you know, Jarrett was doing some really good things. You can't keep everyone really proud of this rookie draft class. You know, there's there's there's been some injuries, but I think we're getting healthy and we have the right type of people, the right type of players that are fits here. They're going to help us a lot, so a lot to be happy with with our roster. Will continue to work to get it complete. And uh, I can't wait for Levi's to be rocking here and what are.
Speaker 1: We ten days out, nine days out? It's coming.
Speaker 2: That's fight.
Speaker 4: It seems like when you drafted Cam Walkley last year you knew that he might be a.
Speaker 1: Bit of a project.
Speaker 5: Did that go more slowly than you expected? Why tied with him two years in?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cam did a great job.
Speaker 3: Matt you know, had had two knee surgeries in his time here, but couldn't have asked for anything more in terms of his work ethic. I think we just kind of you fall into some some good player. Salbert is a guy that we went out and got in free agency really has been a nice fine for us, both at tight end and as special teams. Jake Tongis has has been really i'd say a surprise, and Uh played really well. So Braden Willis was a tough cut, but he's back on our practice squad, so I think there was just tough competition. And you know, Cam can do a lot of good things. I saw he landed in I believe Cleveland's practice squad, and I'm excited for him and his opportunities. I mean, the thing everyone liked about Cam coming in is he could do a little bit of everything, and it takes I mean I always tell players it took me till my third year to start in this league and things went pretty well. So it happens at different times for different players.
Speaker 1: You want to be able to hold on, but when.
Speaker 3: You've got a roster sometimes you've got to make tough decisions. And that was certainly a tough one because Cam gave us everything he had.
Speaker 1: I think we've seen.
Speaker 2: The final fifty three man moves yet today. But are you still planning on keeping Logan Thomas around that room?
Speaker 3: We'll see, you know, Logan's a guy that unfortunately had a hamstring injury during camp. And you know, we like what Logan brings to the table, and you know, we're in contact with him.
Speaker 1: We'll see what breaks.
Speaker 3: There's still a couple more fun I don't practice squad spots.
Speaker 5: Earlier today on kr Dante Winner said tonight he's going to watch film with molt Mustafa and trying to get him ready for week one. You know your Hall of Fame safety would you watch film with Mustafa? Could you can you help bring him along?
Speaker 3: I mean he's doing all right, man, he's uh, you know we it's always awesome when you think you see something on film and then you see the person that's even better. And uh, you know, Kyle talks a lot about something that I tried to live my career. You want to play with no hesitation. And when Malick sees something, he goes and gets it and he can go get it in a hurry. And it's not it's not perfect yet, it shouldn't be perfect. He's a rookie, but man, he's been impressive. He's going to make an impact on this team. I think we can all see that he plays fast, he plays physical, he's a Niner and we're really excited about what's to come. And you know he's got a long way to go. Malick knows that, but he's a worker. Danny Bullocks is doing a really good job. Love that guys like Dante are around. But I like Malex a historian too. You know, Ronnie was over here a couple of weeks ago, and man, he was like a kid in a candy store. Uh seeing Ronnie lot some of the guys embarrassingly enough to know who he was. Malick sure knew who he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah today nothing today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, feeling is to see poon he looks like Kyle basically said he's a starting record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I leave that to Kyle, but he's been really good to him. Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But this draft class kind of produced immediately.
Speaker 3: We thought we really hit on this draft class. And that remains to be I always tell people ask me a couple of years down the line, but yeah, I mean Ricky, Ricky is going to be a really good football player. He's had some health challenges. Ricky's a good player. Pooney, the way he stepped in Ernardo Green, He's everything we thought he would be. He gets up, he competes, he's sticky, you know, Poony stepping right in. What we loved about Poony was his versatility. He played a lot of different spots, played a lot of football. But man, that's a guy that, like, you know, I'd be lying if I haven't said he's better than what I even thought he might be, you know, because there's always our style, the way we get out and run. There's a little it takes a little time, but he just took to it. And he's still got a lot more in the tank. And so he's doing a.
Speaker 1: Really good job.
Speaker 3: Our three fourth rounders grindom staff and cowing, all of them explosive, you know, bring speed their playmakers. So these guys are all all doing really well. We're proud of this group, but they got a long way to go.
Speaker 2: And obviously not being able to keep them all fifty three. Man, was that a numbers issue up run or were you guys more focused on keeping experienced?
Speaker 3: We wanted to it just ran out of ran out of numbers. You play the waiting game and think maybe we can sneak through.
Speaker 1: It didn't work. So those ones hurt. Were you that you were able to bring back?
Speaker 3: The Drake's doing a really nice job. You know, he's shown that it's not too big for him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: At this level, center is a tough position because there's a lot mentally put on him. Drake's done a really nice job there and he'll be on our practice squad, have every opportunity to get better.
Speaker 1: But we're we're happy to have him in the building.
Speaker 3: A trepidation to expose Mordecai the waivers and how does that quarterback discussion? Uh, yeah, we felt we feel like we have four really good ones and unfortunately, or maybe a good thing for us, Tanner didn't get as many reps in the preseason as we would have liked for him to get because I think those the two guys at uh, Dobbs and Brandon were fighting out that and so we wanted to let that play out.
Speaker 1: Tanner is a talented kid, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, we're we're happy that he's on our practice squad and we're we're excited to work with him.
Speaker 1: You guys have a.
Speaker 2: Time frame for when huff would be people going and.
Speaker 1: Played in a game, going to be judicious, going to be smart.
Speaker 3: He's he's done a fabulous job, you know with his rehab and uh, you know he's been doing everything he can to the side. Today's a big step. Get him back at practice. Uh, I think Kyle said earlier, we'll get him through individual won't throw too much. He kind of like to phase that in and uh, you know, will he be ready week one?
Speaker 1: Not sure.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be tight, but uh, you know, I think it's telling that we made the decision not not to keep him on pup, bring him off and we expect him somewhere in those early in the season. So I'm real proud of huff And and his progress. He makes us a better team, So be great to have.
Speaker 1: Him guys on the roster.
Speaker 2: Kyle said, they think it was last week that he's dealing with some injuries, that it might be a couple of weeks that he might be I R designated.
Speaker 5: What went into the decision.
Speaker 1: To put him on the fifty three.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, when you when you do that, I are to return, you have to you have to put him on for a day.
Speaker 1: And so that's what we did with.
Speaker 3: John and uh, you know, we'll have that opportunity to bring him back at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, thank you very much.