Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's a clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in.
Speaker 3: The air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny G Radio. Happy Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, And we have gotten together here on this glorious Sunday while I am hanging out in Vancouver having the time of my life. Canadian hospitality wonderful, and we still have the pod to do, and so we thought we'd change it up a little bit, this being Sunday, and we'll have the radio show back today, but with me and Danny G Radio and Danny putting this together. Who this is the best of the Fifth Hour. Your ears are about to pop The question when I talk about this every year, I'm fascinated about what you do and I want to know it kind of walk us through post contest because that's the one people ask many questions about what happened when a human being pushes the limits, like the Great Joey Chestnut seventy plus hot dogs. So right after how many hours does it take for your shall we say to things to exit out of the Yes, yes, the light the light show.
Speaker 4: It's a I've never exactly timed it, but I would say it's roughly five hours before.
Speaker 5: Nature starts working.
Speaker 4: But it's weird because so after the contest, I have to do interviews for about an hour afterwards, and they put it, I mean in this weird like bullpen, and they bring more people up every every five minutes to interview me.
Speaker 5: So it takes it takes.
Speaker 4: About an hour to get through that, and then then it takes an hour to get to get back to the hotel in Manhattan. So and then I pass out, and it's a about i'd say about five hours after the contest, I wake up with a look in my eye that I'm I'm I'm running.
Speaker 3: You're right, And then are we talking hours on the iron portion?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's people are like people thinking that it's it's not the way it works is uh, there's no, it's not coming out all.
Speaker 5: At once, so there'll be different waves.
Speaker 4: And uh, it comes in waves and yeah it's and then I would I'm I'm happy I do.
Speaker 5: I gotta do what sponsor sponsorship.
Speaker 4: The wet wise for men, you go, Joe, that's that's what I'm putting.
Speaker 5: Them to use.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: And then uh and how long until before before you you feel normal? Like is there a is it a couple of days?
Speaker 1: Is it a week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How long it's it takes it.
Speaker 4: And if it's a good uh, fourth July, and I'll not be hydrated, it will take me about.
Speaker 5: A day and I have to feel pretty close to normal.
Speaker 4: Uh and then then and then another another day or another day and a half uh to get back to my normal weight. But uh, it takes it takes about three days to get get pretty close to normal normal.
Speaker 5: But there's different degrees.
Speaker 4: Of and when recovering afterge pushing the body that hard, definitely takes some time to recover.
Speaker 3: So what's your diet like normally like when you're out just like during when you're not training for an event, you just are you doing fast thing like.
Speaker 4: Pretty I hate pretty clean and unless I'm unless I uh I try to once a week, I'm definitely having uh just I want to say reward days as much as like, oh, I'm I'm I'm enjoying enjoying food.
Speaker 5: I'm not. I'm not holding back, but I try to keep a pretty uh pretty pretty strict diet.
Speaker 4: Low carb, high protein and uh and and and it allows it so that I, uh that once a week, I during the weekends, I'm I can push it with whatever food I want, whether it's a contest or or or just pure peer pleasure.
Speaker 3: So do you have a man cave with you've won like these belts and these awards and all this all over the country. You have like a big man cave in your house in Indiana a trophy room or what do you.
Speaker 1: Do with all this stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god, I have Uh so, I have a couple of boxes I never impact from California, a lot of my trophies. I have an office with a ton of my trophies. Uh yeah, so so yeah, kind of spread around.
Speaker 5: I need a man cave. I need to put some work into that. But it's uh, there's a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 5: It's weird. You don't really I didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know how many contests I did until I was actually packing up all all the trophies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so. Yeah, you never know until you move how much stuff.
Speaker 5: You have, right, Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: It's a pain in the pain the behind there man. All right, So how many more years you're doing this?
Speaker 7: Joe?
Speaker 1: You said you're thirty eight, right, you're going to be forty before you know it and all that. So how many more years do you have in this this?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel.
Speaker 5: I feel good.
Speaker 4: I look at Tom Brady, he's still going to forty three. Uh, there were forty four now. Yeah, but it's uh, I need to make sure that I remain healthy, So I got to keep putting work in it. It'd be nicer to it'd be nice to start working out little bit more so that.
Speaker 5: I can that I can.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of things I need to do to make sure that I can stay healthy and keep pushing it. But uh, I know I got at least at least two more years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then and you're you got the website there you're selling Is that your sauce?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Your name is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's you. How's that going a people buying the sauce.
Speaker 5: It's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of people buying sauces. Uh, and people who love to eat. So yeah, we got the coney sauce, which is like it's kind of like a catchup. It's uh, it's not not not quite a sweet as a catch up, a little bit more tang to it. And uh, then my spicy mustard, which I'm in love with, I'll put that on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that on hot dogs or anything that. Yeah, you can't sandwich.
Speaker 3: Once you're done physically doing the eating, would you teach other people how to do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I've definitely, there's definitely been years. I've helped over the years, uh and helped it, and I enjoy it. I enjoy seeing them push their bodies to a new new level. Uh, it's it's a weird kind of Yeah, I enjoy seeing other people do it. I remember, Yeah, it's sometimes I'm definitely not against it. I don't think I don't think there's enough enough of It's not I don't want to make clear out of that, but I still love the contest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you think thirty is about the limit, right? You said about where you could teach somebody.
Speaker 5: I think I think most Yeah, most people who.
Speaker 1: It's I don't.
Speaker 4: I've I've seen a lot of people who who had no like natural ability, and through just shew determination, they were able to get to thirty uh and they ate like a bird naturally. And then they're doing practices and some jaw exercises and throat and swallowing exercises and they're able to work up their capacity.
Speaker 5: So it's uh an ability. So so it's uh anybody can be trained.
Speaker 1: I am right now running from the mountain. I am running.
Speaker 3: I was in an instant. There was some poutine that was dropped. I can't talk about it. So let's get back in to the best of the Fifth Hour with me.
Speaker 1: Ben and Danny G.
Speaker 3: I love my suit Gills, Oh man, Lorena's covered in poutine.
Speaker 8: Fell down, Lorena's talk, Oh my god, you killed it with the knife. Thanks Marcel. I will have some of the most famous Mallard drops like that one, and some flashbacks to old overnight shows.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Ben, Danny G, Tinder only tips in a bit of a dry spell. Tinder Guru Danny G is.
Speaker 3: Here to have you have a romantic query and you are under the age of fifty, and you're not week you and to gut in thief, give up the call. All right, let's not waste any time, Danny. People need your wisdom, your advice. You're out there, you're fighting the good fight, Danny.
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 8: Let's do this. It is officially humped day. That means it's time for ten d'errony's all right.
Speaker 3: Greg in San Antonio writes, and he says, my girlfriend hasn't been in the mood lately for sex.
Speaker 1: What should I do.
Speaker 8: Get a new girlfriend? No, Greg, you're gonna have to get her in the mood. Stress and other things in life obviously put some of us in a bad space. Sometimes not us, guys, because most of the times that's how we de stress, but not for most females. So give her a massage, take her away, get her out of whatever stress she's around.
Speaker 3: The good thing Danny about that is you doctor Drew. When he used to do the love line, he would say, what might might be her birth control or something? You're like, No, just get her in the movie solid advice.
Speaker 8: From four plays underrated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, on that.
Speaker 3: Note, Robbie on Twitter writes, and he says, I met a girl on Tinder quite a few good days tender power, but I still see her on Tinder?
Speaker 1: Should I be concerned? But it doesn't that mean he's also on Tinder.
Speaker 8: Maybe he's being a creeper just checking up on her. Thought. Yeah, I've had this happen before, where I've been on maybe four or five dates with a girl and she'll say, I see that you're still on tender.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because we're not a couple yet. But yeah, so don't don't trip out on her. I mean, if you guys get more serious as it goes, then obviously you need to have a little conversation about where you're at with your thing. Yeah, because it's not a relationship until it's a thing, and then once it's the thing, then yeah, they better get the hell off a tender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're on tender. I'm not on there, but a periscope.
Speaker 3: We're on a periscope right now, Yes, Eddie on FSR if you have the periscope app. And Steve writes in on Twitter he says, I've been dating a pretty hot twenty year old who likes to play Justin Bieber from her phone while we're hanging out. How can I change your playlist? Yeah, well, good luck.
Speaker 8: That's the downside of a hot twenty year old bad taste in music. So you got a schooler, you got to coordinate the music.
Speaker 1: Bend the Beabs is still a thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because they've been listening to him since they were what fifteen sixteen, and he's got new music out right now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So well, you know, me and me and Beabes are tight.
Speaker 8: Here you are, Well, he touched me, you know he did sounds personal.
Speaker 1: Well, Michael Jackson, it's just a little different schooler.
Speaker 8: On what's some good R and B? What you do, big band? Get on Pandora or you know one of the music websites. Play some really good classic soul, some good classic R and B, and then practice making babies with her to that music. She'll forget all about Justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: Who's the other guy with the Deep Boys. He died very white, very white, that guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, some extra pickles on my cheeseburger. Hey, he could say anything and it sounded cool. What a set of pipes of very white? He died years ago.
Speaker 3: Here we go, it's TINDERRONI tips Danny g Radio. Frank writes in from piss up Frank.
Speaker 1: Yes, hi Frank.
Speaker 3: He says, there's a girl I like, but she's super skinny. I like women with curves. Am I being superficial? No, because usually it's the other way around.
Speaker 1: I think women would like you to be superficial that way.
Speaker 8: Tell a girl that she needs a few tacos and burritos, she'll take that as a compliment. But I'm the same way. I like curves too, I think a lot of guys do.
Speaker 1: But there's become the new thing, right.
Speaker 8: There's nothing wrong with the skinny girl, though, because if you get into a serious relationship, whether you could bulk her.
Speaker 5: Up, you.
Speaker 3: Like a minor league player, you could develop the situation exactly. I used to work with a guy twenty years ago in radio, and he his idea of the perfect woman was like ninety nine pounds.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just ridiculous. I always thought that's even back then, I thought it's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not every girl's a spinner. So you know, some some beef on a woman. That's good. That's a good meal.
Speaker 1: You got Eddie's attention. You definitely got Eddie's attention. And so there's ten year on tips and plug the podcast. Do you have your own show? Yeah, it's a live show podcast.
Speaker 8: Go to my twitter at Danny G Radio. You'll see the link for the four spot and the spot. Yeah, and I've been promoting the Ben Mallor show on there too.
Speaker 1: That's not I'll thank you. That's not near any other spot, right, just the force.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: They wouldn't let me use the g spot. I'm not sure why you just did. What is a drop?
Speaker 1: It's not trigonometry.
Speaker 8: It's when we capture a funny moment, a moment that really stood out in a show. Usually when a show would be ending, Ben would say, hey, our one take that hour two, there was this that could be a drop, and or just something where we all knew, oh my god, that's timeless, that's a drop, and nobody had to say anything.
Speaker 1: I already was playing it.
Speaker 8: Or something Ben said and we take it out of context, or it just sounds funny the way he said it.
Speaker 1: I was more concerned about him giving it double fish. You know.
Speaker 8: I went through the computer system at FSR. I went back six seven years and found some gems. I hope you enjoy tossed. That's what you gotta right, That's what.
Speaker 9: I wish I could pull off those suits. I was so excited I wanted to pick more guys. I love it all right, thank you, Stanley, Well you have more real Sanley.
Speaker 1: Take a deep breast to.
Speaker 7: Me and I have intermittent chest pain and I shortness of breath and paint in my whipt arm and my left.
Speaker 1: Shoulder, and say hello. I say, Coop, make sure this guy gets some some medical attention, Coop. Country concert, the live country Well, who's your favorite? Who's your who's your favorite country star?
Speaker 2: The guy that.
Speaker 1: Sees sturdy boots played for the Orioles has a porn stash? How about shut up? I want a camel packaging. I don't think so, Ben, But wow, oh my, oh my gosh, is that real? Are you playing sound effects?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 8: Is that the bear from that new Leonardo DiCaprio movie. I swear I'm not playing any sound effects.
Speaker 3: All right, let's sit back and get your popcorn and enjoy the work of hollering James.
Speaker 1: Is he waking up there? Oh my god, like a water buffalo?
Speaker 6: Oh the man?
Speaker 1: Enjoy me? Band? Band?
Speaker 2: Band?
Speaker 8: You don't get their bright here?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Two guys is enough to me? What do you think about the wizards all the way we were, Where's and gentlemen, how you tart to see that scattered picture? Oh the smiles we left?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think about the oil? Coop a loop? Brocle lost Cooper loop?
Speaker 8: And that's my man.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to hang.
Speaker 9: Out with me?
Speaker 3: You better give me that good stuff.
Speaker 1: That's how loud it was great to see Pooh go kN Eddie go to hell, King Eddie, back up, back up, get jack up, cack up that beat down? You mean that I gave you last night? Like us on Facebook, at Facebook dot com, Slash podcast, make that a boy.
Speaker 7: Everything Eddie touches turns to ash.
Speaker 1: You need to put it in this place. I'll tell you another thing then, and you can put I'll put this on my mama and you can. You can make a note of this and write it down. This may be my last call I'll ever make until Eddie dropped the gin. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: I implore all patriots, fans, all you English fans, all.
Speaker 7: Fans of the NFL, to rise against Eddie.
Speaker 1: Garcia and stand with real talks against this issue.
Speaker 7: Eddie.
Speaker 1: I thought you were Blair racist.
Speaker 8: All right, Dan, there He's starred in such films as Furry and Ready for You?
Speaker 1: Did I pity the fool that doesn't give me my burrito. They're a really good job. No delay games, you could just use your arm. I don't have to pay for that. Shout out Westbroo, here we go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's that he knows sense hot nuts.
Speaker 1: Shefalosa, right, Cephalosa, that's not his name.
Speaker 8: Chef boy r d that chef cephalosa.
Speaker 1: Next thing I know, I just saw this white thing flying at my face. Hey do I remember?
Speaker 8: And at the top of your lung scream.
Speaker 1: Where the white women at the white women.
Speaker 8: The head is good, but the hump is thick.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? How dare you day gee?
Speaker 8: The microphone throttler? I would like to work with seth Rogen. I think that'd be really fine.
Speaker 1: Wonder why, oh yeah, loop will have to pay?
Speaker 8: What if she's five ten and has a dunk dunk?
Speaker 1: Hey, Ben, I went all in on your picks and I went all bro I'm gonna have Jamie Ben, You're gonna have them.
Speaker 8: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: This is weird. What's going on right now? What is going on in Medford, Oregon?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: There's a guy there that what there's a guy there. Now, that's Joe. That's Joe. They're having a party in Medford and they're listening to our show. It's a party in Medford. Hello, Joe. Hi, I like the Saints on my Peach Cobbler list.
Speaker 3: All right, former heismoner from USC he killed two people, cut their heads off?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 7: What? No?
Speaker 1: No, you idiot? Right, pat Hey told Stool.
Speaker 4: That's old school. How about a lace chatty?
Speaker 1: What kind of radio show are you guys to do it? You got the con door?
Speaker 7: What what what?
Speaker 2: Just like that?
Speaker 7: Don't do a lost cat magnet pencil?
Speaker 1: Next the fifth Hour, looking back at some of the great moments that you may have missed. I love the Mexican people.
Speaker 8: Racist Trump on his cell phone, that is his personal cell phone.
Speaker 3: I still I'll run into people and in conversation, you know, Trump's name will come up, and I'll be do you know he he's the president and he calls on his own.
Speaker 1: He calls on his own.
Speaker 3: I still like I remember when we were kids and it was like Ronald Reagan would call the Washington Redskins to congratulate with the team that won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I remember.
Speaker 8: I remember him talking to Al Davis.
Speaker 1: Remember, yes, yes, but you remember how it would work.
Speaker 3: It would be the White House called stand by for the President of the United States.
Speaker 1: You know some some dudes from the White It.
Speaker 8: Was like the official secretary of the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you got President Trump. All right, let's go to Don online three from d C. Don You just this.
Speaker 8: Dude is like texting me and calling me off his cell phone. It was amazing. I'm still mind blown by that.
Speaker 1: Then, congratulations, China Man, I love you. Tastes like a touchdown in your mouth. I just hope this isn't all too good to be true.
Speaker 7: He he.
Speaker 5: Brian Billick, I'm not available.
Speaker 3: You leave the message, Brian Billy Brian Billick. All right, Brian, welcome. We have played tag with you for a for a long time. It's great to have you have you on the show. Was how's life treating you?
Speaker 7: Life's good, life's good. We're up here in the north Woods in Minnesota playing a lot of golf and a lot of fishing, and life's good.
Speaker 1: Nice. You've done a lot of broadcasting since you left the coaching world. Have you enjoyed that.
Speaker 3: I've interviewed you in the past and you've you've done all kinds of different things.
Speaker 8: How do you like being a pundit.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a lot easier, it's and it's great having all the answers, you know, from that standpoint. You know, obviously the work I did at Fox and the NFL Network was great.
Speaker 5: It's fun.
Speaker 7: Enjoyed staying around the game that way. Now I'm just do a little bit of radio and not not as involved with it, but it's great to still, you know, keep up with the league and what's going on.
Speaker 1: So I went to Minnesota for the first time actually a few months ago. I had not been to Minnesota. It was a it was amazing. It's so it's so beautiful there.
Speaker 5: It's it's wild, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 7: And the weather, the weather is just just outstanding, particularly in the summer when you see so much heat around the country. Street grew up near the Canadian.
Speaker 5: Border, uh, and it's we just we just love it. The temperature fabulous.
Speaker 7: Got some great golf up here, just kind of removed from the hustle and bustle, so we love it up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. Actually I went to Duluth as well.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're about an hour and a half north of Duluth. Oh wow, and right there on the Lake Supurity. Great area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, it was, it was. I didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 3: I've lived in southern California, been to the East coast a bunch, but I was like really impressed. Uh by Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Have have you?
Speaker 1: Do you live there year round or you?
Speaker 7: I know you?
Speaker 1: Uh no, we're here.
Speaker 7: We're here for summer. So I'm not sure you want to be up here in February and anywhere. I mean, it's minus minus forty, minus fifty, so that's uh, that's only pretty true party Minnesota's Yeah, so we uh we head back to Columbus, Ohio, where my grandkids are and during the winter, and then travel a little bit and get to Florida and Arizona and California and play little golf in the winter or so. But being up here from May till about October is just outstanding.
Speaker 1: What's that dynamic like? And there's a great Casey Stango quote about coaching. You're talking about coaching in baseball and you.
Speaker 3: Have to keep like the five guys that you have, you know, half the locker room might not like you have to locker room likes you, and then you have to keep the other guys kind of you know, on you, away from the ones that don't like you. What is it like juggling the personalities in in a locker room situation and how much of that is reality and how much of that is you know, it's just hey, it's a job and guys show up and you don't have to deal with it.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a larger dynamic than when you look at basketball, which is very much in that in terms of Okay, I've got to keep this core of of guys happy, pointing in the right direction. The red go will go along your gatekeepers. Baseball, obviously, when you're talking about the numbers football, you're talking about a much larger dynamic, a much larger team, more personalities in law. But having said that, yeah, you're going to have a core of guys that you've got to make sure that you are on the same page. We just talked about the Jets, and I'm bringing together a lot of different personalities, so that's part of it as well. But the lead dog is clearly Aaron Rodgers. So clearly, as the head coach, you better be on the same page as an Aaron Rodgers, Sean McDermott. We talked about in Buffalo. You better be on the same page of you know, with the Josh Allen and then on the defensive side when you have guys like a von Miller and a Micah Hyde, you know, the guys that are going to lead your team. Yeah, you better make sure that your gatekeepers are guys that you're all on the same page to help the others kind of follow along, follow the suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I'll go back to the quarterbacks. One of the other interesting stories this year is the Great Unknown with Brock Purty. This guy was a sensation with the Niners. Brian, he was amazing and nobody expected anything of him where he was drafted out of Iowa State.
Speaker 1: He played great, But can he do it again? Brian?
Speaker 3: Like, what is your position on a guy that kind of comes out of nowhere and then you got to go back another year and do it again.
Speaker 1: How's this going to work out for brock Purty and the Niners?
Speaker 6: Hello Brian, Hello Brian, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 7: Preach Brian, Billy, I'm not available, Please leave him message, got a murder.
Speaker 1: I gotta go