Speaker 1: You are no.
Speaker 2: Angel what I call her? Yee?
Speaker 3: Yet way up with Angela.
Speaker 4: Yee.
Speaker 3: I'm here. My guy beat out his here with me.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Still not shaved. Still gotta do rag.
Speaker 2: On recording the album Angela.
Speaker 5: But happy Tuesday everybody. Now you know I'm gonna be in Detroit tonight. Shout out to Mary Sheffield. She has a big announcement tonight, so I'm gonna be here. I'm gonna be in Detroit for that and yeah, so look for me if cony which one pickwork?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which one? We got to see?
Speaker 5: How well you know which one should we go to? But let's start the show off with some love and with some positivity. Lets shine a light eight hundred fifty one fifty. Also shout out to past to A. R.
Speaker 3: Bernard.
Speaker 5: I did his podcast the other day and we talked about China Light because he actually did shine a light with me when the show first was launching. He was shining a light on people as well answering questions. So I love that and then we sat down and had a nice conversation. So Pastor a Ar Bernard, thank you so much for that. You know, I'm pre shining a light on you. Before we get to the shine of light. But eight hundred two nine to fifty one fifty is a number.
Speaker 2: Call us up.
Speaker 3: Let's bread and love. It's way up.
Speaker 7: Turn your lights on, y'all. It spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 2: Light on, shine the light on.
Speaker 7: It's time to shine a.
Speaker 2: Light on them.
Speaker 3: What's up his way up at Angela.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here, beat out here, that's right, and you don't really do this, but today, beat out, you are going to shine a light on somebody.
Speaker 8: Yes, I want to shine a light on Mike and Belba. I awoke Fitness in Saint Alban's Queen's You know that's my hometown.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: You know they're changing lives out there with their personal training and group fitness classes. My daughter's mom is a participant with them. You know she's going on that journey with them. So I just want to give a shout out to them.
Speaker 5: I love a fitness journey, anything that you can do to stay active, whether you're going along on an app, you're watching it on video, you're actually going in person to work out. I'm trying to get better, right, and you're in here falling apart. But thanks to them, Yes, you know, I feel like you're in better shape now.
Speaker 8: Yes, And you can find them on Instagram at woe Fitness and YC star that whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Oh fitness, Oh whoa? Like black robe like whoa?
Speaker 2: Pull up?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: All right, well, Nika, who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 9: My husband?
Speaker 3: Okay has been what's his name?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 6: Rob?
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'd love to shine a light on my husband.
Speaker 6: He's the best.
Speaker 1: We've been together for twenty seven years and he always told me down, so I gotta sign the light on him.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven years is no Joe girl for real? Now, listen. Does he get on your nerves sometimes most of the time, But I still got to sign the light on him. And that's love right there. Listen.
Speaker 5: Isn't it fun when the person you love gets on your nerves?
Speaker 3: You just get on my ns and don't forget the most.
Speaker 5: All right, well good, we'll shine a light on him and both of you twenty seven years together. That is definitely something to be applauded.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 5: All right, thank you for calling eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty in case you couldn't get through you can still call us up and shine a light and last word. And when we come back, we have your yea tea. And let's talk about Summer Walker. Oh a little competition. She got a radio show this way up. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 7: It says in the rooms from industry shade to all of gossip out send, Angela's feeling that yeat.
Speaker 3: What's up this way up? But Angela, yee, I'm here my guy beat out here with me. That's right, that's my guy beat.
Speaker 10: Ut.
Speaker 5: All right, well let's get into some of these yat stories.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: We saw that Summer Walker announced her over it radio show. It's gonna be on Apple Music this week. I'd like to hear that got some competition. And you know, I was watching her Prank You episode. I don't know if you saw that. It's like the people from PUNKD doing it and Sexy Red Printer, and you got to see it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: They put her in a car with her team and it.
Speaker 5: Was like a self driving van, but it wasn't really self driving, but she thought it was a self driving vehicle gone astray. And I mean, it's been out so not to give it away, but you know, she does like freak out and it's like, get me out of here, out of this van. But Sexy Red had also been pranked prior to that, so she was like, now I want to prank somebody.
Speaker 3: Yes, so make sure you check that out.
Speaker 5: But here is Summer Walker's trailer for her six episode series that's going to come out ahead of her third studio album, Finally over It.
Speaker 10: While you were sitting over there waiting all see HER's prayer, he was being unloyal girl. Don't be bitter, ladies. I'm finally over it, so let's talk about it. This is over at radio.
Speaker 3: Call her on the line, all right.
Speaker 5: You know I like it when people are are doing anything with radio and opening up.
Speaker 3: Why do you that face?
Speaker 2: Why you having way up next?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would love to have her on lip service actually happen. Yeah, let's make that happen now. That could be really fun. All right and shout out to DOCI. She said her debut LP will be out next year, and she also said that that's all she can talk about is this album. She told Variety, this will be out and it will have plenty of live instrumentation. You saw her tiny desk I did blown Away listen.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of mad at dough she. I hate that she keeps calling this a mixtape. It's an album.
Speaker 5: Du Yeah, definitely, That's why I was surprised. I was like, debut album. This is like a full album, not a mixtape. But you know, look to eat your own now.
Speaker 3: She also was.
Speaker 5: Crowned Varieties twenty twenty four hip Hop Disruptor, and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 11: Hip hop is the most powerful vessel for telling your story, and so I hope my music inspires other artists to speak their truths and to do it with strength but also with vulnerability. We are the future of this genre, and when we're fearless about showing ourselves to it keeps the heart of hip hop alive and it pushes it to the next level.
Speaker 5: All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. Bet that I know what you didn't do. Get a haircut, that's a fact.
Speaker 3: All right. We'll be back with about last night's way up.
Speaker 7: So about last night, I went down what's up?
Speaker 3: His way up?
Speaker 5: At Angela Ye, I'm here beat outs, here is I and it's time for about last night. Now today, I want to talk about television shows or a series that we're watching.
Speaker 3: What are you watching?
Speaker 8: I'm actually watching Lioness on Paramount Plus Zoe and Zoe.
Speaker 2: Who am I saying it?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: What? What is it?
Speaker 6: Zoe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Who is that.
Speaker 2: A great show?
Speaker 3: Okay? I keep hearing about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you should watch it?
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 5: I don't have Paramo Plus. Oh my gosh, another subscription I have to get. This is ridiculous. And then I forget to cancel them. You know how they have like a free trial period. Well, I'm watching Nana a Fiance. You noticed my show? Well that's old, okay, But now I want to say this. This latest season, and I've been saying this has had a lot of drama, Like there's one woman that went all the way to Croatia and the guys like not physically attracted to her. Wow, And at first I was like, this is really mean, but then I guess it's very honest, right, Like if you come out here, we meet in person and there's no attraction, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Didn't you see the picture ahead of time? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But it might you might you know, people look different in person, and then sometimes, like you, when you're physically in somebody's space, you can be like the chemistry is not there.
Speaker 3: But there's another couple.
Speaker 5: On there in Niles and he actually is autistic and he's dating a woman, Matilda, and so she's kind of pressuring him to get married. And on this latest episode, he just finally had to admit to her after saying that they could go ahead and get married because at first he didn't really want to, and he's in Ghana right now and they have their own traditions. He finally admitted to her that he lost his job and has no money and spent like his last money coming out there and doesn't know how he's going to pay for the wedding because she wants him to get married before she goes back.
Speaker 2: It's gonna quagmire there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's already a red flag because you can't not tell somebody that. But he is autistic, so you get to see him talking about like certain things he just can't deal with, like the loud noises, the crowds. He told her already that he doesn't want to have a big wedding. She made all kinds of like concessions about what she won't do. But then some people feel like she was pressuring him a lot to get married. Right, so Matilda and Niles, but you know I love no all right, Well that is about last night. And when we come back. Lift Service also dropped today. Well it's dropping today, so you can watch that. But Eva Marcel is on and she of course is the star of all the Queen's Men. And one thing that we talked about is what happens when you have to do these love scenes, these sex scenes on these shows. They are intimacy coordinators. So we also had Zuri Pryor Graves on to talk about what her job and her responsibilities are, and we're gonna give you some behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: It's way up. That was about last night.
Speaker 7: This is way up with Angela.
Speaker 3: Let's go. You are a media maven, right, you.
Speaker 4: Never know what Angie's gonna say.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: Its way up with Angela? Yee, I'm here beat outs here where else would I be?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And Lift Service is coming out today, but we have a little teaser for you, and I know you guys are gonna love this Eva Marcel. She actually has a series of limited series that was on Peacock. She went traveling with Tammy Rivera and nibbya Want on a girl's trip and so they actually went to Vietnam, which is not someplace right, But that's what made it interesting because it's not a place she would ever think of to travel to.
Speaker 3: But the other thing is all the Queen's men love that show.
Speaker 5: But one thing that she's talking about with this intimacy coordinator, Zeri Prior Graves, is how do they do these love scenes, these sex scenes on these shows. Well, we have a little behind the scenes of information that they're going to give us right now here is even Marcel and Zeri Prior Graves on lip Service.
Speaker 3: Everything's coming. It's commandos.
Speaker 1: Like the little thin.
Speaker 3: Panties takes over everything.
Speaker 9: The men wear them too, and like they put their stuff in a pouch like a boat and they tie it on there and then they push it around so there is like no space. Like so if you hear someone like, oh I got arouder this happened take down with.
Speaker 2: Fifty people in the room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that foot interview is going to drop today, so make sure you look for that on my YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: And when we come back we have your.
Speaker 5: Yeet, jay Z, we've been talking about these sexual assault allegations. Well, now he's making his demands because, like he said, he is not going to stand down. All Right, we'll tell you what his demands are.
Speaker 3: It's way up.
Speaker 7: Sure she's about to blow the lead abof this, but let's get it. Oh yeah, Angela's feeling that.
Speaker 3: Yeeze, come and get the tea. What's up?
Speaker 5: His way up at Angela? Yee I'm here, beat outs here down. Let's get into this. Yeete.
Speaker 3: Now, I know you hate these stories because you are like you work for jay Z.
Speaker 2: I do not work for jay Z, but you.
Speaker 3: Lot you some jay Z who doesn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, jay Z, we already had talked about the allegations against him. Yes, he's been accused of raping a thirteen year old girl back in two thousand with Diddy. Well, his first legal response is now to demand that she say who she.
Speaker 3: Is or else drop the case.
Speaker 5: He's already denied these charges in a public statement. Him and Tony Busby have had and back and forth as well, but Jaj's attorney is specifically requesting that the Jane's identity be disclosed in order to properly defend themselves against this false claim through the legal process in a transparent manner. And so what they're saying is that Tony Buzby has a history of targeting celebrities by making false allegations of misconduct, and you know did he also had one of his accuses to reveal herself and she did, So it'll be interesting to see what happens in this situation. And if you recall, Ray Jay had went on this whole thing where he was talking about how people are just settling behind the scenes because they don't want their names involved in any of this. So, whether it's true or not, people are kind of being told, look, we're going to put these allegations out against you unless you want to pay up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: I feel like settlements in a way are like you're admitting to it, you know. And I guess in this case, Jay's like, now I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to be no money right right.
Speaker 5: And it kind of also doesn't stop because I feel like a lot of times people say and then the story still comes out, right, all right, Now, let's talk about this shade room roomy diary, say Elie Chappa and drezy On and month thing they talked about was do you require your sexual partners to get tested?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what they have to say.
Speaker 2: Do you require for your sexual partners to get tested?
Speaker 4: I usually don't tend to go after dirty that I feel will be deserve, you know. Then again, I've been in a relationship for a little minute, so now that I'm single and I'm getting back on this, I probably probably would.
Speaker 3: It depends some guys.
Speaker 4: You could just tell how they move and how they and how they even move with you.
Speaker 5: I feel like they always tell you, like we should go get tested together.
Speaker 3: We always hear that, but I don't. Nobody's ever asked.
Speaker 2: Me to do that. That's a weird, awkward date.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's the responsible thing to do, and it's what should be ingrained in us, but I feel like no one does.
Speaker 8: It on the first day. Hey, let's go to the clinic. Yeah, listen, go to APPLEBSA.
Speaker 5: Maybe not on a first day, but before you're about to get it on right, all right, Well that is your ut. When we come back. We have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily and the headlines. They're flying under the radar, But you definitely need to know about them. It's way up the.
Speaker 7: Position the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 5: What's up as way? But angela yee, I'm here beat outs here. That's right, and it's time for some under the radar stories now. Yesterday, TikTok requested the emergency pause of a law that would ban that app next month to be lifted and that would give the Supreme Court time to determine whether it should review the law. According to the company and a court filing, TikTok does have more than one hundred and seventy million users. People would be so disappointed, all right, And scientists have developed a likable VR device so you could taste foods through your TV during cooking shows. I don't know how I feel about that. That's disgusting. What if somebody uses your likable device and now you're like, why does this smell where?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: But this is something that has been developed by research at City University of Hong Kong, and they said that in the future they could make food shows immersive.
Speaker 3: People could taste it from home.
Speaker 2: I think you can use it for couples too, in long distant relationships.
Speaker 5: For porn I mean, hey, no kidding, Yes, that's disgusting, tastes like chicken. All right, well that is you're under the radar now. You know we have the way it mixed at the top of the hour. Plus you know we got asked you because we're always here to help you out.
Speaker 3: It's way up.
Speaker 7: Since whether it's relationship or career advice, Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 3: Should you should know?
Speaker 5: This is ask ye what's up? Its way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here, my guy beat out. It's here, and you know it's time to ask ye eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty any question you have. We definitely want to make sure that we are of service and can help you out. We got Billy on the line.
Speaker 6: Hey Billy, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm good. It's me, I beat out. We can't wait to hear your question.
Speaker 6: Well, you know I'm in the dating world, dating scene. I'm down today.
Speaker 3: Okay, happy birthday.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take my bit and like a little serious. You know, I've just been had hosted relationship and I just want to start suggesting dating contracts to these new people. I'll start dating you Bene me and I'll started dating, Like I want to set my boundaries, my expectations and my non negotiables with something. You think I was doing too much by asking someone to sign dating contract.
Speaker 3: Well, what's in the contract?
Speaker 2: What are the terms?
Speaker 6: The terms is going to be my nonegotiable. You can't go be your exit no more because everybody want to go back to the exits.
Speaker 3: What did they have? Kids?
Speaker 6: Who want to talk about the kids during business hours from nine am when school started the three pm with school finished.
Speaker 3: Now, what else is in this contract?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm just I'm just trying to think about what I'm playing and maybe my expectations.
Speaker 8: Like if I called you, there should be a time limit of if you gotta call me right back of twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Or more sleeping you need to tell me that you got.
Speaker 2: You got the red line? Some of these terms and conditions?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: And now what happens if they violate the contract?
Speaker 6: Oh, they get documentation like in the workplace, But you're gonna get a rite up to start. She terminated. Wow, I don't have to take heart and my feelings.
Speaker 3: If they give you a contract to sign, you'll sign.
Speaker 8: Also about like what the contract says, technically, this is kind of like a pre nup agreement if you want that technical.
Speaker 5: But it's not even a relationship yet. It's just when you first start dating, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but in dating people tend to be lying a lot. I want to date for long term, not for.
Speaker 5: Sure if the probably don't care if they're going to violate the contract anyway, Yeah, sure I'll sign it.
Speaker 2: You gotta get a notarized.
Speaker 3: And then I don't know about a contract.
Speaker 5: But I think having a be very clear on your intentions and your expectations is a great thing to do.
Speaker 6: All right, So I don't know about a contract. You're right. You the second person that shut me down.
Speaker 2: The third No, how about a verbal contract that could work?
Speaker 6: Right? Handshake a verbal contract. We do that every day, and people still be lying.
Speaker 5: The truth is that people will do what they want to do in a contract. Ain't gonna stop nothing true.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 5: Thank you for calling Billy eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty.
Speaker 3: That was asking and that's the number.
Speaker 5: If you have any question, you can leave a message for last Word and will help you out. And when we come back, of course, we have last word. It's way up, take.
Speaker 7: Up the phone tapping and gets your voice heard? What the words is the last word on Way Up with Angela?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 3: What's up? As Way up with Angela? Yee? I'm here beat out here? You ready for last word?
Speaker 2: But that do it?
Speaker 5: Let's do it. So you've been suggesting that I watched Lyons. Yes, so I'm gonna get into that this weekend coming out.
Speaker 3: I actually have to go to Phoenix this weekend.
Speaker 2: You want to roll? You'd like a flight attendant on the road.
Speaker 5: I know Detroit right now today, then Phoenix this weekend, then Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Next week for jingle bar.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm excited for that, and then a little holiday time where I'll be at home. You know, I'm opening up my bar at coffee uplifts people.
Speaker 2: How many businesses do you have?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty five is going to be the year that I condense things and focus ood for real.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you what? Okay?
Speaker 5: Well, and it's also going to be the year that I get into my health and journey somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Make sure you also check out the neurse spot DK in Brooklyn as well.
Speaker 3: Any less words for us?
Speaker 2: I think that's about it, because.
Speaker 3: You've been working out, so that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chak it up. I gotta go get a haircut. That's what I need to go get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your face is making me itch sorry.
Speaker 5: All right, Well you guys, this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 1: This light is for a Crystal Harper, my mother. She had a stroke last Sunday.
Speaker 6: Been a little over a week and I.
Speaker 1: Just want to send much love and blessing to her, not only from myself but also the many wonderful people who've shown her love because she has shined her light on them. So I want to say I love you so much, Mom, And I'm on the way to the hospital now to be with her a little while today before I have to work.