Speaker 1: Word with me here.
Speaker 2: You know b T know how it goes.
Speaker 3: Shout out O C T no real call it what we see whole game? Wait the baller be something. Oh you can't stand on their own, Suci, I already know you can't bother with me because with the squad of me they getting they called at me. Learn by.
Speaker 2: He love baller Alert. Welcome to the ball Alert Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcast piece the team to like, subscribe, and share our YouTube page at baller alert Tv. One time a revote, I go by the name of Perrie.
Speaker 1: Simmits with AKJ. Come hard on, let's see where.
Speaker 2: That and I go by the bases from East No your colors for you and my brother? Yeah, start twenty two. You know what I'm saying, Mokins.
Speaker 1: I love that chain too. It's an angry man, It's angry double shut up. That's so cool.
Speaker 4: What's his name?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: That's this A little beesy, A little beesy. Okay, First and foremost, man, I'm just proud of you, brou because I've been a fan for a very long time. I've definitely seen your growth. Brother, You ready for sure? Okay, So where are you from? Exactly East Cleveland, East Ohio. Very hard to really break in East Cleveland, Ohio. A lot of crime. The boy didn't have a very easy beginning. Can we talk about that? Can we go there? East Cleveland is like the poorest city in America. Like so I really come from the bottom of the bottom. So it's just like, you know, Cleveland, it ain't no, it really ain't no exit ross out there for real. So it'll be like for me to do what I'm doing is really like, damn there impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I hear Cleveland, I think of bone thugs. I think they're from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah see and they So it's like, you know, yeah, I really don't know anybody from Cleveland outside of the lebron playing in lebron and you've gotten so many lebron Co signs. We'll getting of that. So as a kid though, and I'm gonna let the ladies come in as well. On oct And to Mary, as a kid, how was it like growing up though? I had a I had a I had a very rough upbringing though, like you know, it was just me and my mama really ain't never had much at all, So it was just like that's why I got into the streets for real and started doing what I was doing because I ain't never had like the New Jordans or none of that. I ain't get a pair of George till I got rich type shit like. So it's one of those type of things.
Speaker 1: Was it? Were you guys like in the projects who.
Speaker 2: Were in like apartments, apartments like houses and apartments. You said you went to I have lived in the projects before, though.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said you went to the streets to start hustling. I guess to you know, help her maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeh, but but you know it's so crazy. I really I really wasn't even like a like I wouldn't even I don't. I don't like I wanted to trap her. I went like, that wasn't my.
Speaker 1: What was your hustle.
Speaker 2: Stick?
Speaker 1: What the dump boys doing? Your chain? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really never I did never have the patience for it for real.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wasuped to say that seems a little bit more dangerous.
Speaker 2: Than to me. Honestly, it was just easier. It's easier. So it's just like I'll let you do all the work and then I just get.
Speaker 4: You, okay, work smart than not harder that I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Happy you're still here because your music is really good, bro, And we'll get into the the Apple iPhone fifteen using your song as the song. But I just wanted to ask that because I know that mentally can get you in a situation where it's hard to break out of that once you start making some money. So when the music played, did when did you start doing music? So crazy? I was using that to invest in, like my music, that's the crazy part.
Speaker 1: So when when was the time when you first, you know, started to want to be a rapper.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to be a rapper since I was a kid, But I say I started really getting in the studio and stuff like that when I was like eleven twelve, and then like I really started taking this series when I was like fifteen.
Speaker 1: Who took you to the studio at eleven or twelve?
Speaker 2: It was this studio. It was this studio back in the day, like on our side of town. It was a studio called his name was GI and everybody used to it was one hundred and fifty six to Saint Claire and it was just like one of the most popular studios and stuff. And me and one of my niggas that I used to rap with, and shit, we caught the bus over there, so it was like it really was only one of those type of things. We only did like like two songs ever there and then the rest of the songs we just used to do it at the homie basement, just like on some computer mic type shit. Yeah, who were.
Speaker 1: Your influences to to uh want to do the music fifty cent? Oh what makes sense?
Speaker 2: He was my favorite? Now where were you and what was going on with Future? Grabbed you up? It's so crazy because how did that situation happen? Man? When I when the day when when Future officially was like all right, I'm finish sign you. I was shooting a video. I was in my hood. I was shooting a video. I got a video that went viral back in the day called uh don't play that with Little Mouse when a little Mouse that came out and he had to get smoked and he was going viral for being a little kid and all that. So I had a video with him back in the day. I was shooting that video. I literally got in the house and I got a phone call. My manager called me like, hey, somebody want to talk to you. And put Future on the phone and ship and he was like, shit, you ready, Hell yeah, I'm ready. So did y'all speak before that? Yeah? Okay, So leading up to that. Leading up to that, it was more so one of them things like like I always told him like I want to be free bands, like like that's I want to sign with you. And then he was just like keep working and when the time right, it happened type ship though, So I just always kept the Future putting me on to you because that's one of my favorite rappers of the future. But I'm a fan of dough Boy too, that's my guy. But and I'm just saying because your story is just so unique, bro like, and it's so authentic as well, and I just want to pinpoint these things because it's very difficult. What you're doing is very it's almost impossible. It's like one person saying, I feel like you're a one percent artist because of your conditions coming up. Okay, so signing signing the Future But okay, so I remember Lebron rapping your song. I believe it was a I don't know if you want the championship with Cleveland you correct me if from wrong and they play he said, he tells them to play your song and he raps it word for word. Yeah, see see what it was. He was actually, I think he was in La. He was in La so he was with the Lakers. Then he was the Lakers at the time, and he was at like a function. So the DJ his name DJ Mill and Ship though, that's my nigga. You're from the city though, that's one of Bron's close homies too, So they in the function. Meal turned the song on because he know that's Bron shit. So Mel instantly started recording him and Ship though, so he catched Bron going crazy and then for word and then he and then you just look at the background and you just see all the white people in the background looking at him like he fucking crazy, like what the Bron throwing up game signs and all kind of ship. So that's what made the video really so viral. And Meal sent it to me. I was in the studio with Future that night actually, and Meal sent me the video like look, I look, I'm like, I can't wait to post this, and I'm like, I'm gonna wait though it's nighttime, i ain't gonna post it. Why, Oh, I'm about to break the neck. Well I put that out ship that should change my life didn't really. I felt like the future CoA sound was good.
Speaker 1: But when Lebron was.
Speaker 2: Wrapping your ship work different. It just took it all the way there.
Speaker 1: What happened? What was the experience? How did your world change?
Speaker 2: It? See when I when I put it from the second from when I put it up, I could just tell, like God, damn, it just did this many views in like two minutes. I'm like this nigga Lebron really powerful though, Like and I'm just seeing like all the like all the basketball players start picking it up, like Leach reports and all this ship like that, and it's getting millions of views on everything doing I'm like, oh ship, And then I'm looking at how it's translating to the song and how the song shooting up. So mind you, all this shit happened at the perfect time, and though because I was already negotiating my deal with Epic though, so I already had already had him in the bag. Though I already had him right where I wanted though, like I'm already we stalling out. We got damn, I'm taking my time though, like we just negotiating getting my show all all right? Then that shit happened. I'm like, oh, it's over. There were about to run this ship up. I waited even longer. Then that's when Pluto put me on the hundred shooters. He's like, we've run the bag up some more. We're goin to run the stock up. Put me on hundred shooters with him and meet. I'm like, all right. Then he went in there said, hey, you want no boy, we need this much say less you changed your life? How much was it? Figures?
Speaker 1: What did the deal entail? Like, do you get you get your publishing?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I still got my publishing. I still got all in my back of the log, still independent and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, so is it kind of like a distribution?
Speaker 2: It's no, I'm sign signed, but they let me. They let me keep my back. Everything that I dropped up until I signed with them, I still own. It's nice.
Speaker 4: It seems like you've been very like strategic and intricate throughout your career. Timing was a big thing because you said first Future told you like you ready, and then Lebron and just really waiting for everything. What advice do you have for artists like we're dealing with timing and feeling like I need to be successful right now. Like how did you learn patience while you were coming up in your career?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See see I had to learn patience because I really ain't have a choice. So it was like, you can't make shit happen faster than what's gonna happen. I don't care what you do, Like when it's time for you to get what you deserve is gonna happen when when you're ready for it, Like God ain't gonna give you nothing too soon, or he don't that he think you fin a fuck up at the time, Like and that's why I'd be like shit because I was blowing up before I went to jail and shit, but I'm also glad that I now that I'm done what you go to jail for? Yeah, I was like, what did you go to jail for? It? Even though I know we can look this up.
Speaker 1: I ran a shooting, of course, so was this what age was that I was a real shooter.
Speaker 2: I was eighteen, so I went to jail. So I ended up actually sat down when I was nineteen, and I went to jail for like three years and I came home, and while I was going through it, I'm like, man, oh my god, Man, like what the fuck? But I'm in there really getting my mind together though, And then when when I got out, I'm like, damn, I'm so glad I went through that shit for real, because I would have fucked this shit up if they would have gave me all this money and shit. I was thinking how I was back then, I would have been doing all the wrong shit. So it's like, I'm glad I went through that shit though.
Speaker 1: So and like you said, timing is everything, but when you are in it at the moment, it doesn't feel like you get You got your anxious, you want things to come now You're like why, But like you said, you had to go sit down for a second, and it's kind of like God sitting you down to like shift your focus to get get it right.
Speaker 2: How does Doe boys stay safe? Man? Because you're not from the safest place. Yeah, and you're I always see that you're there, ye see, But you know it's so crazy, but I don't. I don't. I don't be there as much as I used to, though, I like, I didn't Dad, I wait until I got something to do. I need a reason to be there. I don't just be out there for no reason no more. And then when I when I do be in the city, I moved like like the president, like you know, I keep the keep and when the guys keep the right guys, and I keep security with me now too, like when I do certain ship, like always make sure we're super secure. The way we even ride around, it's gonna be a truck in front of me, truck behind me, truck on the side, like feel me. I don't play like that.
Speaker 1: So what check was? It? Was it the first check or a later check when you were able to move your mom into a better situation.
Speaker 2: Ship. She moved ship as soon as I got damned, as soon as I got some money. That was the first thing I did, though. I gave her some money to move out, like.
Speaker 1: As an independent artist or before you went to.
Speaker 2: Jail or oh oh oh, like that was like when I sound with epic. Yes, but but it's okay because you know she she didn't want to leave my family and ship until just like recently. So we just got her in a way better than where she was type shit. So she like, okay, cool, I feel cool with you where you.
Speaker 1: At but you know, so she's still in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my aunt Cyno, my aunt and like she got cancer and stuff. So my mama take care of her, and so she don't want to leave her sister and she like that. So she's just now getting to the point to where she's like, okay, I'm ready to move. So she been got damn. I let her have my house and ship. I don't even got damn, but you feel me. So now we're finna move her down there. I'm finna get it together though. I love that all right man? She oh, no, go ahead. I was gonna say, hey, man, you're my guy, bro, But what's up with this song you hopped on with? What's the what's the little guy named little sixty on the dash? He had to be how old is this guy? He's nine? Talking crazy always Little mouse? Though little Mouse at least like thirteen fourteen. I was just about to get back on that he was twelve. It was a little Mouse was twelve talking the same crazy. Ain't nobody Ain't nobody getting mad at Lil Wayne when he did it? Yeah, Lil Wayne was he jumped through get smoke with Little Mouse. Ain't nobody getting mad at him. I just think. I just think because the it was executed so well, the video was fired, it was a whole there was a whole bunch of people were around and it was going viral. You killed the verse. But little nigga was just like man, he really he he bad as fuck. Like if you just if you just go watch that little nigga, like watch his page and ship and just look at his videos. Man, he badest. What's his name again, little Art, little art and he's so bad, that lit nigga crazy. I was gonna say, who was it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Who made him start rapping? Did he always want to rap?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Who reached out to you? Did you reach out to that?
Speaker 1: How did you even collab with that?
Speaker 2: So I seen the song, the song was already going viral, and I'm like, man, this shit hard. I comment on that, mother, and I'm like, man, that shit hard, little bro. I don't give a fuck like I feel him though, because it was like shit when I was a kid always I wanted to rap like that too. Like so it's like I just look at it like one of them things like man, he he young and he maybe he not. Of course he's not shooting niggas and doing all that yet But so so why not try to help the little nigga blow up and get some money to change his life so he don't have to grow up and because he's gonna be doing this shit for real in a couple of years if he stayed right. Word yet, But do you.
Speaker 1: Give him advice or do you.
Speaker 2: You all the time? Yeah, because you call a lot of flak for this. Yeah, you knows. They kicked my ass for sure, But I was already ready to stand under fire when I did it. I already knew what I was giving myself into.
Speaker 1: What are some of the things that you told him.
Speaker 2: Like, really, really don't don't get caught up in the lifestyle because like even though you you in the hood and you around this shit all day and maybe you really see this ship, Like, don't really start doing this shit like you could rap about it, because at least you're not lying. At least you really seeing this ship and you're really going through this shit, because it's a lot of rappers who ain't never been through that or ain't nothing like that at all, So it's like at least you could pop that shit for real real, like you ain't even actually got to be doing that, but you got the opportunity to where you can really change your life and change on mama life. You can get your mama to hear right now. Like even it'd be times where he would be he might get smart with his mom or he might say certain shit. I'll be like, hey, man, do do that like certain shit that? Like, you know, gotta keep him. I don't want him to really be I understand that he bad and he ain't gonna he gonna be hoigh he years, but I still try to you feel me, he a good little nigga at the end of the day too.
Speaker 1: Do you talk to him often?
Speaker 2: I actually I used to. Now I ain't talk to him as much lately type shit, though I've been you feel me. You know, we've been doing our thing, But I have though I have though, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Do you think music raises people? And like, have you ever felt the need to change the type of music you're putting out there?
Speaker 2: See? I never felt the need to change the music I'm putting out there, because if a nigga ain't listen to me, he gonna go listen to such and such. So it's like it's gonna be out there ain't nothing you really could do about it. For real, it's already over with. It's just about at the end of the day. People shouldn't let music make you a certain kind of way. Like, even though I get it that it is influential, but if you like this because of music, you crazy, like something really wrong with you if you about to go outside and shoot somebody because this song, like you fro.
Speaker 1: Some people take it serious though, like everybody, ain't that saying to to followers?
Speaker 4: I think it's cool.
Speaker 1: It's just like some people who have die hard fans and will risk their life or somebody they never even met. Facts, like it's real crazy. What do you say to the critics out there? Like you said they was killing you in the comments and stuff like that, is what was your response to that?
Speaker 2: At least I'm trying to help him do something positive, like I'm trying to change his life before it get worse. Now, Look, he got a record deal. Now he getting some money, and even though it's up to him what he do with the opportunity, at least he got a chance to If you want to, you can move your mom ouf of the hood. Y'alln't got to live in the project no more because not exactly though. So it's like and people would be like, hey, you need to go to school, you need to go to school. Well, you know how many niggas I know went to school and they still live the hood and they've grown as fuck right now, graduating all that ain't ain't successful, ain't taking care of their family or nothing. Finished school, graduated, did this, that and the third. So it's like, y'all can't tell that little nigga not to do this though, because if he listened to y'all, a nigga could get A kid can be walking to school and get hit by a straight bullet if he living in the wrong area. Shit just happened. So you need to get him out of that environment. And people not understanding this, you telling him to do something. That man, shut up. If you had the opportunity to blow up rapping when you was nine years old, you would have did it. So stop hating on that little nigga. So that's why I just never gave a fuck because I know I meant right.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: What's up as Dope Boy and you are now watching the Baller Alert Show and Revolt that was more of.
Speaker 1: The Baller Lunch Show. We got Dope Boy in the build.
Speaker 2: It they really yes, hey man, now it's something going on with you man that I think. I was very impressed. Bro. I was literally cleaning my crib up and I heard your voice and I look up and it's on fifteen commercial. I was like, Yo, this is crazy. What the hell? Wait? Wait too long? This is different for you, Bro.
Speaker 1: No facts like that's epic, right? Did they do that? Di?
Speaker 2: Did Epic do this? Like? Did it? Silent co? That's that's that's that's my new management team that I've been with. Yeah, so they put it together for me. What you say, silent silent, silent Alert, It's basically it's basically XO XO management, like the Weekend and that's they management. Yeah, wall Alert, we do. We're doing numbers man. So okay, again, this is a different record for you. This is not my typical do Boy record. What was the vibe for way too long? It's so crazy because man, when I when I got the call about it, I was in Miami. I was in the studio with South side. It was like me south side, skill up. Man. It was all we was in the studio deepest hell, just geeked though, like and we was just working and ship and I get the call. I step in the other room like, hey, you gotta do this Apple commercial. I'm like, what is he talking about? Shake you lying? Like no, for really, you gotta do this commercial. You on my ass though, like no, man, you gotta get this shit done. Get you the NDA over in the earth. I'm like, man, what I ain't about to sign? No good damn man.
Speaker 1: See see, I'm so why do you need an NDA?
Speaker 2: Man? Because they because they want to talk to you. So so that's what I was wondering about. At the same I'm like, man, what's up with what y'all talk about?
Speaker 1: Though, Like, yeah, before they give you that idea, they want.
Speaker 2: To make sure the solid because at the end of the day, when they tell you when they they want to they want to get on FaceTime, which we'll get on zoom with you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They don't even got a zoom man, they got some other secret society type of link. Man, some crazy I'm tell me what it's all doing. So they want to take because they about to give you the rundown. Okay, this commercial is gonna be like this. They don't want to get nobody their ideas and they products and shit that's coming out, so you have to sign the NDA type shit. So I'm like, okay, it makes sense. It makes sense. And then I got on the call with them and I'm like okay, and then I go record the song send it back. They're like, Okay, the song sounds perfect, but we need to change one word. What was the word? It was like at night. Man, it'll be something so simple like change change act to this, or it'll be man, you'd be like literally like one word. But I had to do that like twenty times. I just doing the commercials like I'm like, oh my god, this shit get on my nerves. This shit getting on my nerves. I swear to god, I was getting so frustrated, almost won't fin be No, that's where the god. That shit was getting on my nerves. But I thruckd it out doing that, you feel me, And I got it done and then I'm like just waiting for it to come out. They kept pushing it back to I'm like and then I'm like, okay, they pushed it back towards like closer to the playoffs. So I'm like that helped a lot because people paying attention to the playoffs more than the regular season anyway, though, and they showing it after every on every game, after every fucking man, I'm like, damn and commercials.
Speaker 4: Oh what?
Speaker 2: And then I don't know whose idea was for the outlet to sing, but that was great, right, that was perfect facts facts And then like when they even when they when they gave me the idea first, I really was confused. So I'm like, what they're gonna be singing it? They make a song about it?
Speaker 1: Like, so you made that straight up fresh.
Speaker 2: I made it. I made it with the producer breonn helped me write it. That's fire, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah so do boy the business man, I know, like you you just said like your team had to convince you, you know, to kind of get on board. You know, how are you business wise? Are you? Like?
Speaker 2: Oh, you could ask ask my when you talk to somebody from Epic, or ask somebody if you could talk to anybody from Epic that's on my team, they'll tell you, like, I ain't gonna lie. Doub Boy might be the the most hands on artist we ever met in life. I'm talking about ever since day one. I know everything that's going on, top to bottom. I'm damn I'm in every group, chat, every everything. I want to know everything that's going on. Play by my business and I like, I like setting up a lot of stuff by myself. I want to talk to people like I ain't even one of them guys at the label that just oh I'm too good, and I know my whole label. I got everybody phone umber, I talked to everybody. Everybody can talk to me like, I don't be on that shit. I want to go.
Speaker 1: I just want you to express that to especially up and coming artists who may you know, because some people they like to you know, they have their vices and sometimes that kind of takes over their life more than you know, getting the work done. So, you know, just sharing that that piece of advice for newer people or some people who are struggling with that today, I think it's very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See see, you can't you can't let the fame go to your head because at the end of the day, you can't. You can't be successful without people like so it's like you have to fuck with people like you can't walk around like I ain't gotta fuck with nobody all right, when they stop fucking with you, you're gonna be mad as fun because it's gonna be a day you gonna go cold. Nigga, Like everybody don't stay hot like the whole time, like nobody has ever, not even the biggest artists in the world. Don't just stay hot all the time. Like you gonna have your cold moments, and some niggas come bounce back and a lot can't. So you want to shit on people, they gonna remember that, Like, so you need to not It's better anyway though, It's just ain't nothing wrong with fucking with people, Like people need to get that through their head.
Speaker 1: Like, So with the Apple deal, how what was Can you explain a little bit about how the deal was or is that in the NBA as as how the deal was structured for that guy?
Speaker 2: I got a big check for that, yes up.
Speaker 1: But do you get like residuals? Like I just want to know, like how like you know because we don't.
Speaker 2: Have Apple has an Apple deal? Like this, Like what is an Apple deal? So basically it's it's it's I could keep it nice and simple. It's just on one of those type of things. They gave me advance. They gave me advance for the for the commercial nice one, and then they gave me another advance for even recording the song. So they gave me an advance for recording it, advanced for the commercial, and of course I get my publishing and all that stuff. So it's gonna be like that's why I'm even working on right now. Song is streaming crazy and what so not. So in the song, we own the song one hundred percent. Songs on Apple don't got nothing to do with that song.
Speaker 1: So people can go to stream it right now and you get paid.
Speaker 2: It goes straight like it's me and my label. We just this our ship. Apple is just like they they licensed it license, yeah exactly, but it's it's distributed through us, so it's our wise. Do you like this style because it's a little different vibe? I actually I do. No, you know, it's so crazy because if a lot of people don't, don't, it's very treacherous normal your normal styles treacherous. But I've been trying to like I've been trying to do that show. Then people just don't be they sleep on it. Like even if like on my last album, like I got a song called deep In with Don Tolliver. Okay, yes, yes, yes like that.
Speaker 1: Don't like ive been.
Speaker 2: Singing like I've been doing that. It's just people don't accept it as much as my accepting now. But now they you feel me niggas like, man, what the fun that's boy? So now it's a different sas it. I was like that sounds like the next time it came on, I said, I got a sam that's crazy. I'm finn to text your ass, but then my baby started crying some crazy all right. It was the number one Saxam in the whole world too for the second too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as an artist, are you ever scared to try new things? Like I know you said, like this is completely different than your normal sound? Like where do you do it aligne between stick and with like your sound and your fan base and trying new things.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't gonna lie. I just I just did another commercial. I got another commercial about to come out.
Speaker 1: I'm just so happy for bro, because I know where.
Speaker 2: You come to that. I say, you're one percenter bro, like for real, for real. But it's it's that ships so poppy and so like and then I'm like, man, this ship weird as hell, But I don't even care. At the end of the day, even if you listen to that commercial, you don't got to pay that ship no attention. Somebody is and it's gonna be a whole nother genre of people like I don't even give a fuck, Like I don't care. Just throw it out in the world. I don't care.
Speaker 1: You're trying to be in the mall.
Speaker 2: And like, yeah, man, I care not for sures. I've known you for a long time. I've seen you around Future a lot. You really would get down just to see you where you're at now. I'm just proud of you.
Speaker 1: I think the correlation between sports athletes and your music is showing like throughout this interview because when you first like you was hot like the future like Roy was talking about. But when Lebron broadcast your music different.
Speaker 2: And then the other athletes started to getting a new level. See, you know, it's so crazy. Another thing too, I had, like like in twenty twenty two, I had dropped I had dropped an album called Old Rellly and Shit. That was like, oh really that was my first first big, big album, that one. It went like number three on Apple and shit like that. I got blocked by like Gunning and Young Boy type shit. So it was like, but we dropped at the same time. But I'm like, man, damn, I really could have had a number one. I could have had the number one album in the world if I would have just dropped probably a little bit later and didn't drop like super close to them type shit. So I'm like, Damn, I really like one of the biggest out here though, type shit. And just me seeing that was crazy because when I when I posted the cover, Kevin Durant commented on there like Mondra, the cover is on my block, Like I took the picture on the block. He said, Hey, when you're gonna let me come on those as ship like that rant went viral for saying let me come on on those app type ship niggas, Like damn, every every athlete fuck with me, like all kind of jerseys in my crib.
Speaker 1: You have a song for them for the players, like you know what you being on, like the two K.
Speaker 2: You're already on two K, aren't you no K? But call this this year this year, so two K twenty five is happened. I'm gonna get on every game. I need to be on man, Like even just that Apple ship just opened up so many doors because it's like you can't tell me no no more for real because the biggest of the big Yeah Apple, Apple fucking with me, Nigga, you got to or you're just being weird.
Speaker 1: Like you had a powerful behind you that we're gonna sign.
Speaker 2: A solid She got it and they they like that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of XO hugs and kisses throughout this time, Were you ever in a relationship or uh, you know, had a girl, her kids or anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. Again, who.
Speaker 1: Just at the beginning, like it's a nervous laugh.
Speaker 2: She actually she actually was there, like at the beginning when I ship, when I I wouldn't even sign checked.
Speaker 1: Like, so she's from your block.
Speaker 2: No, she's actually from here. She from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: How did y'all meet?
Speaker 2: Well, she actually she's not from She from another country, but she she.
Speaker 1: Grew up in Atlanta, like London or something.
Speaker 2: She moved here Moroccans uh from Uh it's called it's called Qua.
Speaker 4: So why did y'all break up? Was it like you being in the industry.
Speaker 2: And she like you bad, don't be having difficulties.
Speaker 4: It just you was cheating.
Speaker 2: Watching what I said. It's coming from.
Speaker 1: Where did you guys meet if she's not from your block and you you started, you know, before this even happened.
Speaker 2: No, No, we met out here just being around you know, the future Atta the Pieces, not even at the club we met it like first place we met was at the studio. Then we went to a basketball game together.
Speaker 5: I'm just I just said future studio, the Pieces was y'all over there, free bands like that.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Check his story, wild boy, that's baby blueto boy.
Speaker 1: I mean you got Jacob you know, dope boy.
Speaker 2: You you were around the future at a very important part, like he was dropping the projects with Drake and all that. You gotta give me a good a good future story. What's something that you was like? Yo? Something that I was like, what the fun? When he first got Sierra and I walked in the studio. When I seen him in there with Sierra, I'm like, he was like this well recording records. I'm like, what fuck? This is like twenty thirteen. I remember this was right before I was going to jail too. This was right before I was going to jail.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you went to jail, Like when you was after You're Dealing.
Speaker 2: All yeah, yep. So it was like Future grabbed them right off the streets, the facts. Facts. But it's so crazy. That was the day he was recording the song. Honest, he had recorded that song. Yeah, it was that day, and I remember. I remember. It's so crazy though, because that day was so special to me. I was locked up. They gave you these radios and shit, and I'm listening to the radio and this is the first time I heard that song. It dropped and it came on the radio and shit, And that's when I really realized, like, oh, I'm going to be in jail.
Speaker 4: That's when it got read.
Speaker 2: I wanted to cross so bad. I'm like, man, damn. That's when reality kicked in. I'm like, oh man, I just fucked my life up type shit. That's that's what made you.
Speaker 1: Look at you now. I got a whole alcoho that ship.
Speaker 2: That shit ain't b nothing. I've been for a little minute too.
Speaker 4: Well, you're writing songs while you were in jail getting ready.
Speaker 2: For your released so many songs. Actually, that's how I learned how to sing. I learned how to sing.
Speaker 1: Like real life seeing him. People can people.
Speaker 2: Can I can't sing sing, but I can hold melky. I'm just so proud of him because I saw it. I saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, was it hard for you to leave the street and say, you know what, I'm a I'm a leadership alone and go one hundred percent the.
Speaker 2: Music, Yeah, because because I mean, I ain't gonna even sit here and act like I'm still perfect or like I'm all the way perfect. You know, I'm still a little not saying that I that I that I'm in the streets or nothing like that, but just like just like the whole process of when I came home, just trying to transition into all right, man, you gotta leave that ship like it's still be certain ship that I go on because I'm still I still got the not the same mentality, but I still like I got like a switch that motherfucker just to be like, and I ain't gonna say I ain't did no dumb, ship, but it ain't been that dumb to where I could get in like you fear me, ain't that bad. I ain't did that bad dumb. It ain't that bad. I ain't did nothing that bad.
Speaker 1: One good thing you did do is come to the baller alert show. Yes, yeah, yeah, but we'll be right back with more Dope Boy right here on Bler Alert.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: It's up as Dope Boy and you are now in tuned to the Baller Alert Show, my favorite with more of.
Speaker 1: The Butler Alert Show.
Speaker 2: Dope Boy still yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Mister Apple you're just gonna call you mister apple Man collecting all the deals, so you said it open new doors for you. So what else you got coming up?
Speaker 2: Man ship? The way they've been on my line, I got something new every day, ain't no.
Speaker 1: Do they still call you for commercials or apple?
Speaker 2: Oh that commercial still running? Yeah, yeah it is. It's definitely still long. But no, it ain't. They ain't gonna They probably ain't gonna call me for no commercials like for a little minute, though I hope they. But in the future, for the future, in the future they will they gonna remember me for show. They gonna they gonna because I definitely gave them like one of the biggest performing it probably I think it is the biggest performing commercially they have from a rapper with a song like the song did the best like out of any song that was ever on the Apple commercial.
Speaker 1: So is being that they took the licensing, does that make you want to inquire about licensing yourself for your your future projects or your current music.
Speaker 2: I don't really be really tripping about the licensing because at the end of the day, I mean, I don't got a TV show yet, or I don't got like a I don't have like one of them platforms where I really care about the licensing. I'm more so care about like the publishing, the royalties and the like that type of ship though, So I'm always open to to to let somebody license my stuff though for the right price, because licensing ain't really it ain't really nothing though you're not really you can it's basically you borrow it. You can borrow it, but you still pay me for it though, like at least you're still paying so you're about to put it on your platform. That helped me make this bigger and to increase my money.
Speaker 1: But that's why I say for you to get into licensing so you can.
Speaker 2: One day, one day when I when I got damn because I definitely want to get into I want to start doing acting. Oh, I got some crazy ship about to come up with that type ship to you, I'm gonna start acting all kinds of ship. I'm about to get on my two pocket ice cube ship.
Speaker 1: About to be on power.
Speaker 2: Just wait.
Speaker 1: And it was one of your people, So that could be full of the moment for you.
Speaker 2: What I can say, what I will tell you all. Though I auditioned for Raising Kanan.
Speaker 1: Who did you audition for?
Speaker 2: Though it was it was it was a new character that's about he ain't come out yet. But but but but but but I don't think it's I don't I'm not sure if it's still happening though, because it was supposed to be for this season before it came on next but everybody, everybody went they went on strike. Yeah, so it was bad time and they went on strike and then it just sucked the whole ship up. So I will tell you all that.
Speaker 4: Just because win, he's gonna he's gonna have you.
Speaker 1: And if you meet him, tell him come over here to the ball shows and then tell him that we want to be in the movie too. You know, I think you know it's gonna take a basketball movie or something, because I just feel like sports and your connection, you know, is just so powerful and makes something big for you because, like I said at the beginning, Lebron and you.
Speaker 2: Had commercial that was yeah, that was crazy. You know, I'll be looking at him like, man, how then do I supposed to? How much big? What bigger?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 2: What can I do? I don't know what it was Lebron and Kevin Durant and all the other how bigger?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Who more famous in the world than Lebron James? I don't know facts Like is it somebody?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tylor Swift and beyond? Yeah, okay, but is they really fame more famous than Lebron James. They are all about the same though they definitely there. It's Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Now, Taylor Swift, did you your team win in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I actually went for the Chiefs. I knew the Chiefs was gonna win. Even though you're a Cleveland Browns fan. Youve though I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, I knew the Chiefs going. I did good this season, for sure, Very proud of y'all. Deshaun Watson got hurt exactly, my whole team got hurt. Nick Tubb got hurt like that ship is ridiculous. Hopefully next seaon next season, they're finna go crazy. I see y'all in that. I see y'all playing either Baltimore or the Chiefs in the AFC. What we're gonna woo? They assay, just like we did in the regular season.
Speaker 1: Now, you didn't say you have any kids or anything?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got a son?
Speaker 1: Oh okay is he How old is he is? He?
Speaker 2: He just turned ten?
Speaker 6: Ten?
Speaker 1: Okay? Does he look at you and like, man, I want to do what my dad does.
Speaker 2: Yes, he wanted to be a rapper and ship, but I was trying to man, come on, man, do.
Speaker 1: You want to keep them like stay in school?
Speaker 2: Like what do you tell he gets straight? A's all? A plus? Is like he a genius, Like he gonna be something special though, Like so I definitely want him to do something that that that car for him to use his brain more than like you could be more than a rapper. I don't really want you to be a rapper. I feel like like kid rappers, it is hard.
Speaker 4: Like would you let your son hang out with what's a little badass name? Oh my gosh, you let your son hang out with a little art.
Speaker 2: He can't hang with my son our he need to be hanging with me or my niggas on the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not sitting at the kids table.
Speaker 1: Being a father. What is fatherhood like? Has it changed you, like you know since you know when you was on the block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, it just makes me I think about it, like before I make a dumb decision, I gotta I can't really just think for myself. And like, even though sometimes it do, it gets hard though because like and his mama be having issues and ship like that. You know how that go. So it'd be like really just trying to keep the relateationship there and just keep everything. Like you know, at the end of the day, I do everything I can for him, and I always made sure he had anything beyond what you feel me. So it's like, you know, I'm glad and that I'm in a position that I met my son's blessed. He's very blessed, beyond blessed, like everything I never had.
Speaker 4: How did you maintain your relationship with him while you went in jail?
Speaker 2: Actually he was born while I was in jail, so he was like still a baby for they was bringing him to visit me and ship like that. So I was, I was. I was kicking it with him, but he didn't really know too much. By the time I came home, though, he was like, all right, he was talking a little bit, and shit.
Speaker 1: Does he understand your music? Does he listen to it?
Speaker 2: Or overly?
Speaker 1: What about when that commercial hit? Was he like going crazy like this?
Speaker 2: Overly? Overly? Yeah, he's my biggest fan.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, he wanted to be just like me. You want to talk like me, talk like me. You want to just like me? For sure.
Speaker 4: If you could have your son be anything when he grows up, what would you want him to be? I know he said, I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to be in the NFL. I don't want him to be in the b A.
Speaker 1: Oh is he good? Is he good? Does he play?
Speaker 2: Now? I don't like sports like Actually he wanted he want to play soccer.
Speaker 4: Okay, I would.
Speaker 2: I want to be a soccer player to that they pay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, football, I'm not laying them, I'm not. I would baseball.
Speaker 1: In soccer or baseball the most paid.
Speaker 2: I think soccer though, Okay, soccer. Baseball might be it's day up there, but soccer is.
Speaker 4: More Internet everything.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well you know how you and sports are. I feel like it's in the cards. Are you Do you want more kids or.
Speaker 2: Yeh overly I need I want a few. I want like five of them. Wow, I want to I want a new baby. Now what I got a baby.
Speaker 4: To God damn, because they don't have to.
Speaker 1: What do you look for in a woman? Not that you're looking right now? Are you?
Speaker 4: If you want a baby, he gotta be looking. I mean you want and hinge like how you find it? How you finding the girls dating?
Speaker 2: See see especially with my baby. With my baby though, like I gotta I'm going off the way you look. I mean, of course, I gotta the way that's first. First thing is first the way you look, beause I gotta make sure a baby gonna look how I want my baby to look.
Speaker 4: But a lot of girls don't look how he was born.
Speaker 1: But you know what Sinko was talking about, like genetics, like you want to make sure that you have a good good gene pool.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then of course, I mean I don't want no crazy ass baby mama though, but it'd be like this ship so tricky because you just don't never know until they had that baby because they would be the coolest motherfucking the world and have that baby. Then you'd be like, man, who the fuck are you? So it's scary. It's scary. So I don't even know if I'm ready for what I think I'm ash.
Speaker 4: I think about it.
Speaker 1: How do you handle the baby mama drama?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: It's terrible because you can't really block her cut your phone off.
Speaker 2: But I do, I do, and you know what she does. She just called me from his phone like nigga.
Speaker 4: That's what I was.
Speaker 2: The baby's escape it though, like at the end of the day, like we get into it, you know, we'd be cool though for the most part, but a lot of times we be into it.
Speaker 4: What about marriage before ka, it's not, of course not Why would I marry my baby mother?
Speaker 2: No? Because and then then then it's like I feel like because like I said, I want I want a baby now. Yeah, and I don't want to get married t I'm like thirty five or forty.
Speaker 1: But you do want to get married eventually, Okay, Yeah, I think I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, the boy math is mathing' what's your sign?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good one?
Speaker 2: The best ever? Aries?
Speaker 5: Oh I've not anybody's time ever like literally the best people though, we like, oh my genuine, realistic, straight up and down, Like I'm man, what you need a friend like me?
Speaker 1: You know, our our platform, they hold it.
Speaker 4: That's just not what I described, not like I don't know what it wasn't a friend and all of that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, they're crazy.
Speaker 2: I gotta leave the I.
Speaker 4: Gotta to leave the biias out. Okay, if that's what will use, that's the word will use.
Speaker 2: Probably didn't got on their ass. It's sign.
Speaker 1: Hey man, we we got the Kenaras in the building. Doh boy, man, we appreciate you for something about the ball of our show. You never told us what you was looking for in a woman.
Speaker 4: You just said a little bit and DNA right now, DNA and don't be crazy, but I.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean for real, really what I want the woman though, Like I just want somebody that's loyal. That's just that's going even when she gets hard, like you gotta you can't just don't give up on them, because I'm be loyal too though, because that even like while you're talking about areas, like if you you can go look it up. And we like the most loyal people in the world, Like seriously, though, like we literally like the most loyal people in the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, we hope that you be loyal and come back and be a loyal guest on the show because we are so proud of you man, Like your journey is amazing and I'm truly we are truly proud of you, and we appreciate you. Stop by the Baller Alert Show before we get out of here. We do have a pep talk. Yo.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Dobe Bezie. Like I said, I come from nothing, So if I could do it, you could do it. Because coming from Cleveland, Ohio and becoming one of these biggest artists in the world on this journey was amazing. And if I can make it coming from there, you can make it coming from anywhere. I don't care where you're from. So you just gotta keep going and don't give up even when it's hard, cause it's gonna get hard and everybody gonna go through it and you might wanna quit. But I gotta tell people all the time, when you when you keep going, you give yourself at least a fifty to fifty chance. When you stop, you automatically take your chances down to zero. And how you gonna win up with a zero percent chance, so you gotta just keep pushing. Oh really.
Speaker 6: Can't get enough of baller alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert, holldog go on to baller alert dot com.