Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Noory with you. Joshua shares with us as website Phantomdetectives dot org linked up at Coast tocoastdam dot com. Back in April of a couple of years ago, you had an investigation of the Betsy Ross House in Philadelphia. What happened there, josh.
Speaker 3: We went ahead. Betty Ross House is one of the most haunted locations in Philadelphia. The first flag was sollin there in seventeen seventy six. Of course, George Washington stayed there to get a pick up the fly from Betsy, and a lot of people reported hearing voices in Betsy's room, crying in the basement area of the health footsteps. So we want ahead, and I want ahead. An actually brother mister Rick Warner from the moof On World to make his debut investigation with us because he had skills as a certified UFO field investigator and experience it with Moufon. I thought he could bring his skilton from the roof On World over to the film and detective talent pull at the Betty Walsaus. So we went ahead and reached out to Historic Philadelphia and booked a private paranormal investigation there, and we set up various pieces of equipment, and we only had a couple hours, so we wanted to maximize every square introduce, so we took a lot of digital camera photos. We went ahead and set up various rempos and other various devices, and in the basement area of the Betty Roffs House, a lot of people reported and hearing strange sounds, a very terrifying sound. So are you member, you know, a former lead investigator. And of course Rick re down in the basement area of the Betty Rolls House and we had a paralyge, which is kind of like a pair of Lancer said, well, it has spikes that goes up and down just like a K tune leader, all the way from green to red. And that thing was going off like crazy, and then all of a sudden, Rick has a little rampody of scare Bear because it's a little it's a trigger object that we use on the investigations. And then, of course, you know Rick, when I had on this basically started asking questions with a voice recorder and we started picking up these very terrifying growls. I've never heard anything like it at all. They were absolutely terrifying, And of course I was upstairs doing my own EVP session in the Betsy's bedroom as well, and I started using a thermal camera and a thermal imaging camera. Of course is it's it's a point in click then let many other mechanics use on and repairing cars, and of course they're also used to locate missing people in the wilderness. So I want ahead, pointed and clicked in Betsy's room and capture what I think is a full body apparition of Betsy's spirit. And mind you this, there's actually a big wall over this uh over Betsy's room with a glass tex plexiglasso.
Speaker 4: It's so nobody's go in there.
Speaker 2: Would you say it was a friendly spirit Josh or something evil?
Speaker 3: I think in the basement area of the Betty Rolf house. From what what Rick and I were able to conclude, there has to be something evil there. I've never heard these, you know, growls before in the basement area, and I went ahead and we posted those EVP. If you go to a fanomdetectives dot org under our EVP section, there's a pair of breakdown to the Betty Rolfs house section. You can hear there's groulse for yourself, and they were absolutely terrifying. I've never experienced anything like that on a paranorl investigation ever. And then of course I got another ev P up in the U. I take in one of Betty's old hustan's room up in the upstairs area of the Betsy Ross Health and there we went ahead and set up another evper core and I got this EVP that says I've been here too, So that to me was kind of mentioned that might have been one of Betty's husbands, John Rolfs, who died back, you know, late around the time seventeen seventy three, a couple of years right around the Boston Teeth part a couple of years after that, but also before the forming of our country in seventeen seventy six. So I believe that his spirit is very prevalent there. And mind you, he's also buried next to Betsy's on the property when you go to this house. So this is a very historic house and they do free tours every day so for us to experience, you know, equipment going off, and of course we also had batteries being drained on our various EMF meters.
Speaker 2: I mean that was that happens a lot, doesn't.
Speaker 4: It, Absolutely, it sure does.
Speaker 3: And we would have we would constantly have to change out like we on the midle meter. We would have like a nine volt battery go bad and then all of a sudden we would scan it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: At the Betsy Ross, I was trying to scan more MF heres, it was just another one would just die and then all of a sudden it would just work again like a power later and when the batteries are dead. So it's kind of a weird phenomena that spirits the law of energy, the states of energy to move from one form of another, but also you know, cannot be modified in or created nor destroyed that this energy in order to the spirit that manifest themselves, it has to use elect magnetic fields to show themselves. So we actually captured a lot of stuff that night, and of course on one of my voice recorders, I also asked the question I started reporting hearing a woman's voice of crying like you know, help me, help me, that kind of thing. So that was very very might have been the best the spirit in the basement area. So herstre very prevalent at that heuse and I think that she's still there like checking up on things.
Speaker 2: Would you say that this was the scariest location you've looked at or.
Speaker 4: This is just one of many one of the scariest locations that.
Speaker 3: We had done. You know, this rate in Philadelphia. There's this guy's apartment that was in Philadelphia, of course, and we were there in August of twenty twenty one. This client name was Ja c Uh. He went ahead and actually you know, reached out to me through our website and of course this case was just recently documented and Haunted magazine, and this client was very given us a lot of things that he had before the investigation. Of course, Rick did an interview with him before this investigation and he started, you know, talking to Rick adult his experiences, the strange markings on his legs. There was a security camera supposedly set up in this guy's apartment where his bed shecheets were being pulled off.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: There were voices heard and numerous ghostly faces were.
Speaker 3: Captured on this guy's security camera. And also you know, there was also a lot of potential like in the signs of the possible alien UFO abduction h things going on. So this uh was actually this para investigation was actually documented on Dark Hour Paranormal. Who's you know a Dark Hour paranorval course is a huge YouTube channel. And from the minute that we booked that investigation in August at two thousand and twenty one and a minute that we went there, us investigator started feeling very dreamed, like something was just knocking the wind right out of us. And of course Melissa our psychic medium, she is a course of a cotege of Cindy Kaza from the show The holdser Files. Of course Cindy recommended Melissa to us. She's a claire audience, but she can hear the dead.
Speaker 4: She's a claire voyant where she can see the dead, and of course she's a.
Speaker 3: Claire sending it. She can sense the dead, and she was actually picking up on the spirit of an older woman who was there with her daughter who was middle aged. Then, of course, when we actually set up asking questions on the Dalising Rods, Rick would run the Dalising Rods and of course they started crossing for yes, and we asked us there is this a male spirit here, and we actually picked up on a nineteen year old that had taken his life on the property. And then you know, like an hour later, we started just trying to you know, run the AM and F and sweep on the ghost box, trying to see if we can take up.
Speaker 4: Any kind of spirit voices on this uh.
Speaker 3: You know device of course, using we use the PSB seven on that investigation, developed by world renowned paranormal investigator Gary Galka, And we scanned the AM and F and stations and we started what we call the potty mouse. So we started hearing these curse words on the AMMFM sweep.
Speaker 2: And I've never don't repeat them, Josh, don't repeat them.
Speaker 4: We won't repeat him on that.
Speaker 3: But they were potty mouse star, it's actually like to call them. So we went ahead and started picking that up. But that was kind of weird. We're doing phantom time. We started asking questions on our voices and one of the actual EVPs that we captured, we.
Speaker 4: Melissa asked a question, is there an older woman here? Is this her home?
Speaker 3: And we got this strange VP, I said, right here, So I have no reasonable explanation.
Speaker 4: So there was like a spirit there that was.
Speaker 3: Trying to communicate with us, trying to whisper and let us know, hey, there's sell us here. So our conclusions from that investigation that there was at least three spirits haunting that property, and you know, it was you know, completely amazing. And so for us to basically get to feel like completely have the wind taken right out of us, and of course I started feeling a lot of pressure on my chest. And then of course Rick went ahead and took a thermal picture you can see, like a silhouette of a partial body apparition right next to the area where the nineteen year old supposedly took his life.
Speaker 4: So that was a very.
Speaker 3: Terrifying experience in that investigation, still shaking to this core to this day.
Speaker 4: George.
Speaker 2: I believe that there is a place called the Pennhurst Asylum in Pennsylvania. You were there back in twenty eighteen. This was a deplorable place, as you know, Joshua. They shackled children to beds, they lived in their own excremented. It was horrible. But what kind of activity did you pick up there?
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, the Betsy Ross House of course, sorry, drug. Pedhurst Asylum is a variant. This is actually a place that has won the most terrifying places in Pennsylvania. It was opened in nineteen oh eight as a place that the mentally disabled. The first buildings that created were these growth dining room, the administration buildings in May Swallow Buildings and of course it closed in nineteen eighty seven to many people over the years of forty hearing bangs, the laughter of children, also footsteps. And my former team member and I this is my originally investigator and Fans Detectives were there in August of two thousand and eighteen, and quite.
Speaker 4: Luckily when we were there in two two years.
Speaker 3: Before Phanta Detectives was formed, we actually had the opportunity. Grant Wilson was there from Ghost Huntings, so he went ahead and gave us a lesson a session because we actually just purchased these digital Thousing SOLS camera And of course the SOLS camera is.
Speaker 4: A really cool device. It uses Xbox.
Speaker 3: Technology to scan. You know what it does is it maps. If you hold it in one place against a solid wall, you'll actually pick up like spirits that are unseen to the naked eye. So using this SLS camera, he showed us how to use it and it was fantastic. So we actually started up when we were there at the may Fire Building, Grant and I and our former team member. We're actually in the may Fire Building on the second floor. We started hearing banging and then we go up there it would stop, and all of a sudden. We would have rempods set up in the various areas of the Mayflower Building, and of course when we would the rempod we would go up the other floor of the rempod would stop. So these remind you these are motion center devices. And then of course we would take temperature readings in the Mayflower Building and we noticed that the temperature dropped from usually lay around the seventy degrees all the way down.
Speaker 4: To sixty two sixty one.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of things going on, and of course we started hearing the laughter of children. And one of the things that really shook me to the core when we went down to the bottom of the Philadelphia Building, which is like you know what, there was actually a couple place that is open to the public where you can do public paranormal investigations at Penhurst and in the Philadelphia Building. My formal team member and I were taking thermal camera pictures just like it's a point and clicks device, very easy, and you can tell like if it's a living person, it'll come up as an orange or as or I read on the dermal camera and there we saw a rusted out iron door with these you know, cold feet on them, and I have no reasonable explanation how they were there. So we went ahead and just point cut and drafted and documented that piece of evidence. And that was, of course when I was on another team at that time.
Speaker 4: So for us to get those you know.
Speaker 3: Strange footprints on the busted out iron door, it's still amazes me to this day.
Speaker 2: George, have you ever been hurt in an investigation?
Speaker 3: We have not been hurt yet on a investigation yet, but I'm going to say that there are times where we have to be very very careful and bless ourselves.
Speaker 4: A lot of times.
Speaker 3: We would do a investigation at another place called Booby's Brilliant in May of twenty twenty one, and of course Rick Warner who basically run with running the ghost Box in the Catacombs, and of course this brewery. Mind you goes back to like the eighteen fifties, eighteen sixties and there Rick reported like having feel like he is having strange a lot of pressure on his chest. And of course we just did a case in November where you know, Rick was getting that same kind of pressure with that case. So it's got to be very careful. So usually we come in as you know, very experienced. We know exactly what we're getting involved with. So what we do is we prepare ourselves to make sure every case we do we always say Saint Michael the Archangel's.
Speaker 4: Prayer, We pour holy water on ourselves.
Speaker 3: We also make sure that we have a rosary around us, and of course we burn stage.
Speaker 4: So we make sure you do it all, you do it all.
Speaker 2: We're going to take calls next hour with Joshua Chairs about the paranormal. There are four kinds of hauntings. Residual, intelligent, poltergeison, inhuman griefly tell us about residual.
Speaker 3: Yes, so a residual haunting, of course, are like past events that are kind of like a like a tape recorder that plays itself over and over again. Think of Gettysburg and the battle for fifty thousand people had lost their lives, and you know that is like kind of like a place memory something that was embedded in the environment that would be classified as a residual haunting. An intelligent haunting is where anything that can spirit that can directly interact with the living. That includes making voices, setting off equipment, talking on a voice recorder, opening doors.
Speaker 4: So those are a.
Speaker 3: Kind of spirit that can directly interact with the living. And of course there are demonic contings, which are we like to stand detectives to find a demonic content as a negative energy that praise on the living, that they can scratch people, they can you know, affect them emotionally physically.
Speaker 2: The same as poultergeis haunting.
Speaker 3: Poultergeis haunting is a little different because there's a great case, good example of this case is there's a case of an Unboffel, Washington with this guy named Keith slender Uh. They wrote a book called the Boffel Hell House with his girlfriend Tina, and of course there was levitating plants and stuffing is throwing around their apartments there. So that's a great example of a poultergeist, the spirit that can throw objects around and you know, all over the place.
Speaker 4: So that's what we call they were. They were noisy ghosts. So those are the four.
Speaker 3: Kinds of classifications of haunting. Pulpriitgrite which stroys things around and move things around. Also the demonic hauntings that can pray on the living, you know, affect them, you know, negative entities, intelligence hauntings which are human spirits as directly interact with the living, and indigital hauntings which are past.
Speaker 2: Events, scary things. But you keep doing that.
Speaker 4: You enjoy it absolutely.
Speaker 3: It's a passion of mine to help people and we always try to push ourselves to get better with every investigation.
Speaker 4: To learn and to grow. And of course we have the world.
Speaker 3: Renowned psychic lawyer on our team, Mark Anthony too, who actually is going to be joining us in July for an investigation and marked in with us for the past two and a half years. He worked with us remotely from Florida.
Speaker 2: He's a good guy.
Speaker 3: He is an amazing guy and just such a very humble guy too that he helps us a lot behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to Coast a m dot com for more