Speaker 1: Al Zone Media. All right, it's the most wonderful time of the year for podcasters in that season of the time of the year is rerun time. Oh yes, especially if you do like a weekly good lord, a daily podcast. Got dog, so glad I could run a rerun. So the rerun we're running is the State of the Blackness, Part one, because next week will be the full year State of the Blackness, because it's been quite a year for black people anyway. It is to Malay season. So I am going to leave this recording office, this little in the back of the crib where I record the pod, and I am going to gorge myself on to my list because I'm in Los Angeles and my wife is from Mexico.
Speaker 2: Deuces.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes you just wake up and choose violence. There are so many sayings that have because of the Internet and specifically black Twitter, which will be the content of the episode following this one. But wake it up and choose violence again as a black saying that you know where we say what we mean most of the time, we choose peace to stay on point and again follow follow, follow the way that our slang works. This is very important because it's all connected you stay woke. I know y'all Inn stole the term, but what we mean by that is aware of the ways that you are being oppressed, Like don't fall asleep at the wheel the way the white people say, just let somebody else steer the ship. Like you got to stay awake. You gotta know what's happening around you. Stay aware, stay informed, and you stay on point. You be about your paper, you be about your business. You understand. So a lot of the stuff we talk about is we mean to be like yo, you stay on mission, like you don't let nobody shake you off mission. Don't let these people's foolishness detract you from the goal, from the mission, from the elevation. You do stuff for the culture, for the family, you know, and you choose peace. You choose that. But sometimes, as Kendrick say, you got to pop out and show niggas these sayings, these ways we have as a black community, they're all connected. We understand them all because they all from the same cultural experience. So all of our phrases, they're connected, but they're connected by the connected tissue of our shared experience of our culture. I hope this is makeing sense to you. These are things that you just I don't if you if you are like us again, like Kendrick said, I would not have to explain these things because you would just know. And it's not This isn't a slight, this is just a reality. There are ways. Again, this is gonna be this part I'm gonna I should probably say for again the next week about black Twitter. But it's for context for you to understand that, like listen, we are. The way we communicate in a lot of ways is we can be deeply serious about very unserious things and be dead serious about really unseerious stuff and never lose sight as to which is what and how they're both happening at the same time, and we truly understand which is which, and nobody's confused. But if you aren't confused, we understand. I tweeted this once and on my own girls was like, man, my my sister's daughter's hamster died. And my response was like, oh man, who did the body? I don't have time to explain to you why that is so funny, but everybody black would get it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The reason I do this preamble is because I want to do a couple episodes around Juneteenth, you know, which is at this point coming up about blackness. I think that, especially with the celebration of Juneteenth. I think that, like, I can't believe I haven't done a full episode on what Juneteenth is already anyway. I guess partially because realizing like I needed to know who my audience was, and it was just like there's a lot of not black people listening. So I was like, Oh, we need to make sure that y'all, y'all really know what's you know. I gotta I gotta some things I gotta say to you, you know. I mean, sometimes I explain stuff that's black just out of solidarity with other black people, where I'm just like, dude, like this is crazy, right, it's so fun. Other times I'm like realizing that, like, oh, you you don't know this about our culture. Okay, so let me lay it out for you. So this is me laying it out and also celebrating It's both blackness. But there's something special about twenty twenty four that for some reason we have decided as a culture and a community that we just have time this year. What do I mean by that, Oh, we got time this year? Like again, usually you don't wake up and choose violence. You got to be on your mission and you ain't got time for no foolishness. On time to be messy. Messiness is for the weekend, like we you know, we'll do that later. Like if you just gonna be messy us right now, I got stuff to do on time for your foolishness. This year, however, for some reason, we all decided that we got time, and that has manifested itself in ways for which we have ducked with things in house. There were things we needed to talk about amongst ourselves, and then there was some foolishness that we were just done dealing with.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My theory is there might be something to the fact that I think, as Black Americans we just understand the reality of our two presidential options and prepping ourselves for the four years we about to experience, and there was foolishness that we stood for early on. Then we ain't realize the depth for which the Caucasidy was gonna show itself. I think we was a little unprepared for that. Unprepared in the sense that we thought that y'all had some sense there might have been the semblance of progress. Maybe we was maybe things were not like they used to be. Maybe there was, and then the white lash happened. We was like, oh, oh, it's what we knew. We were hoping it was something else, but noah, it's what we knew. And it just seems like this year we decided, you know what, we got time, We're gonna deal with this. We said what we said, you're gonna get this work. So today, at the six month mark of the year, I think it's time to reflect on and look forward to how black people have decided in twenty twenty four. We got time the politics, y'all. Now, before we get into this, let me hit y'all to with the weekly roundup of We'll see it's.
Speaker 4: Kind of like this bull look is like this.
Speaker 1: Bull look is like this all right, So it's like this, you know, the Hunter Biden case jumps off and I shouldn't be smiling because the testimony went out and essentially.
Speaker 3: Hunter just ratchet like he.
Speaker 1: Was sad about his brother, and the niggas started to do a crack like it's not funny. Okay, the man got himself a gun, got yourself a gun, and and had it for eleven days till this girl threw it out. Apparently it was never loaded, and he, according to this case, lied about being on drugs and illegally got a gun. Now, according to the defense, he had a signed paper that he had gone through rehab and he was supposedly sober at the time, right that, and then you know, relapsed after. But either way, dog, y'all, they done dragged. They brought his ex girl out, his brother's girl out, his kids out, being like, nah, homie bro had problems, and they was like, look, you said it in your own book, you had problems. You gotta you gotta, you gotta run this fade big dog now.
Speaker 3: Poem, it's not funny.
Speaker 1: And I don't feel bad for nobody rich kid, but like I do feel bad. It's that he like, damn I Dodn't I done mess this up with my daddy?
Speaker 3: Like guys, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Now, Normally in cases like this, people bring up the gun charge as far as like you illegally attained a gun when that gun was involved in some other crime, like if that gun had a body on it, if that gun was involved in some sort of robbery or something, if some sort of crime was admitted on the gun.
Speaker 3: So usually just add this thing to you add this.
Speaker 1: Type of charge to the docative charges that are already there to just kind of like you know, up the anti ad the sassa to the tacos. Usually this type of charge ain't the thing. But usually we not talking about the president's son, you feel me. And not only that, we talk about the president the current president's son brought with a federal case.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, when his daddy in charge.
Speaker 1: You feel me. So it's a lot going on right here. This, I mean, you could read this however you want. This could be a sacrificial like this could be like a sacrificial lamb, like I gotta throw my son to the wolves. This could be you know because in any other case, like you look at Trump, Trump out of way of like getting all he either get the stuff thrown out or or get the joint delayed till February thirtieth, You feel me like he figured out how to get out of all this stuff, and it just kind of it just kind of to me seemed like Biden is your run of them or Hunter Biden, your runn of this, your run of the mill rich kids you know who ain't figure out how to hit the lick as good as the other rich kids, because the Trump and didn't is they didn't figure out how to use their richness.
Speaker 3: You you just keep.
Speaker 1: Messing up and if and in his defense, it might be honestly because when he lost his brother, he just lost his mind. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Next.
Speaker 1: Look like Israel got fux hostages, they got full hostages back, that's beautiful. Were glad that y'all home and it shot two hundred and seventy People on the way out were like.
Speaker 4: Come on, fail got dog man? You what do you.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to just.
Speaker 1: You had your You had your hostages, dude, like just you had them like you their home once you shooting for never mind. And lastly, old Biden. You know, one of the first episodes I've done on iHeart was called Joe Biden from Long Beach, which got me in a little bit in trouble with some actual like gang members because they was like, you saying, here crip And I'm like, I could see how you would say that, because most Long Beach, if you black cripping. What I'm saying is he is no different than Trump, just saying it nicer and what you find out about a lot of like like take like a Vince Staples, like there's no question about his certification. Take a Snoop Dazz. These are some of the Like they're the most likable dudes. They're just super likable, intelligent, fun loving guys that are murderers. Like you can't like, there is no question about the gang banging in like they're not safe men, they're just chilling.
Speaker 4: Like you know.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is like, don't don't let the fact that they chilling fool you, like you know. So, what Joe is doing at the border with his new immigration policy is the weirdest. It's there's there is no difference in his new policy. Then what Trump would say, The only difference is he not calling him vermit. But the policy is, Hey, we're gonna stop accepting any asylum seekers and we're gonna send y'all back within the next four days because we got too many of you. Y'all gotta stay out of here. We don't know what to do with you. You gotta go, like, we're not accepted, no more asylums. Ye what, that's what Trump says, No, it's different, niggas the same anyway, we'll unpack that much later. Now let's get to this story.
Speaker 4: Blackness, all right.
Speaker 1: Like I said, this is a reflection on the past six months where we are the state of the blackness address if you will, and just with the Queen, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett with her dropping to call this alliteration just cooking, Marjorie Taylor, green bleach, blonde, bad built, butch body just out which I can't even say it without laughing. First of all, it's the perfect example of us being unserious and serious at the same time. That moment, which we will build to by the end of this episode, is exactly what I mean. Her display of the sophistication, the sophistic ratchetness of what it means to be a black professional and why I will say and shout on the rooftop that our double consciousness by cultural understanding of what it means to be professional, how we can speak the king's tongue, how to play respectability politics, and how to not be one to be played with because we are from where we're from and we said what we said. How that is displayed in this one clip is again my foundational premise, which is we are more equipped than anyone else in this world to do the jobs that we do.
Speaker 3: Because this was perfect.
Speaker 1: It was again black people showing you, oh we got time. I'm done with all this. I got time. So it's gonna culminate with that. But what I want to start rewind the clock back to a couple moments in this year that has just made me realize, like, yeah, we just decided this year that we got time. So let's start first with how the year started. Club Sha Sha and Kat Williams. Okay, the year kicked off with a bang with this interview from comedian Kat Williams, who just now released a Netflix comedy special which I'm gonna lie to you kind of mid wasn't as funny as I was hoping it would be. That being said, this interview was one of the funniest things I've ever heard ever in my life because Kat decided he was going to spill all the tea. To understand why this is so important is you kind of have to understand who Shannon Sharp is and what he represents to us as a culture. Now. Shannon Sharp former NFL player, then he was a sports NFL commentator. He started his YouTube podcast called Club sha sha. He's got cognac in it. It's listened to us called sha sha. Now, black people are very it's a very normal like other Latinos will call the cardino, a very normal cardino that you would give our our children, where we just say they names twice you cut their names. Kai Kai says, like, that's a normal thing that we do with our children. It's just it's a it's a term of envieriment again, a cardinho, like if you speak Spanish, like there's no the translation is not direct, but you know what I mean when I say it's a cardigno. Right, So, and y'all, you know, white people should make fun of it with like honey booboo like okay, but y'all don't understand like bubo like calling our kids stuff like that. First of all, bubo is is doodoo like it's but it's also a petna is anyway, it's complicated, so Saysha is already a throwback to just very just blackness. Shannon is sharp in the way that he enunciates, the way that he articulates his facial expressions, the points he makes, even the depth of knowledge that he has about things. But yet it's said in such a country manner. Is he's collectively our uncle because it's so authentic. He's actually very well informed, very curious, knows what he's doing, super professional. But he never lost. And and I don't know him well enough to know, but everybody else that knows him says, no, that's real. That's really him. The you know him with him would have black and mild and some and some crown royal in it in you know, slapping spades, playing domino, siping cognac like he is. This is our uncle, all of it, like everything was so so his character, not in a derogatory term, but just in the person with the persona the person we're seeing on the screen, whether it's authentic to him or not, which again I believe it is. He is so familiar to us. That's unk. He unk, like you know what I'm saying, Like unk is obviously short for uncle, which is just again it's a it's a term of respect we give to older black men who aren't necessarily our fathers, right or not, like the in between, like a big homie or a big cousin, you know what I'm saying, Like a big homye. A lot of times is a little closer to your age, but like your unk, like he a little older, you know what I'm saying. Like you know a few years ago, it would be like the dude with the you know, with the bluetooth with the with the funny looking bluetooth in his ear, like he just oh, heah, what's up, chuck, Like the Spice Adams character. Like now that person has gotten a little older, a little more older. Like our unks now are again more like Shannon Sharp. They little more style, They got a little They don't dress like seventies, you feel me, Like they dress the way he dressed. He a little younger. He still be outside, he still be courtside, you know what I'm saying. But like y'all seen them clips where he looked back at homeboy that really wanted to wanted to smoke with him where he like, I'm still willing to. I'll dance with you, young boys. I'm still willing to get down. Like my knees are still okay. You know. The old heads, like the Spice Adams characters, they needs don't they needs ain't working, you know you spraying the juke on. These boys are still in the club a little older than us. So that's unk. You feel me right that the girls they bringing around probably got a got grown children, you all saying, and maybe like a one or two year old grand baby. But mama still Grandma's still bad. She's still kind of young. You know, she's still bad. She's still out party. That's who unck bring around. Like, so he already that to us. And then you add in Kat Williams. Now Kat Williams a legendary black comic, but he loved odd. He always has been a little odd. He decided to absolutely eviscerate every other black comic short of a fuel and he was like, you gonna not disrespect Bernie Max's name. You gonna not disrespect D. L. Hugeley's name because he like they put in the work. But he's like, I want all the smoke. I ain't got no respect for no, Steve Harvey, for no, said the entertainer. I'm saying that Kevin Hart's an industry plan. Like he just lit everybody up. And then then he talked about faise on Love, which was gave us the quote of what I thought was gonna be the quote of the year, where he said nobody knew that you know a minor was coming yet, but at the time when he said you have a strange alliance with losers and that is not like you, he was talking about the fact that like Faisan who played Big Worm and Friday has never had no specials and just never that he because he's his point is the man's not that funny.
Speaker 3: This happened and he was.
Speaker 1: Making all these kind of like wild outlandish claims, and then video started surfacing where he was basically saying said being stealing jokes this whole time. He stole the whole show from Mark Curry, who we all loved, from Michelle called Hagem and mister Cooper, and then all these clips of said the entertainer actually ripping off jokes and it was like wow, like wait a minute, none of us ever thought of that. And then he's making claims about him being able to run like a four point four forty yard dash, and then the video come out like that man really running that fast, and it was like nobody like just he wanted all. He came hot and Uck couldn't keep up with him. So it set the tone for the entire year. And sometimes like people say, like people say this all like again in the black spaces, like, yo, we blaming this whole year on Cat Williams. Cat Williams was like, I'm spilling all the tea. I'm ready to be messy. Kat decided he had time and he's out, and I will argue this. He definitely set the tone for the rest of the year. Now, I can't blame everything else on him, but I tell you what, that was prophetic. We should have known this year black people have decided we got time and we're gonna deal with our own here. There needed to be a reckoning with that. Now what he said about Kevin Hart, I don't know. I'm not I don't know that part of the industry, but I do know that we was like, yo, this is a much better way of starting this year than we expected to or you know, cause were like, look, there a potential for January sixth, Part two, an electric Boogoaloo January sixth. The potential is here. So he was already on edge, and I think that that might be a part of why we was like, all right, look, no, we're not playing around. So Kat Williams set us off. The next thing was Sean p Diddy, Puffy Combs, my GoF next, all right, we're back. Let me back up a second to the me too movement. Now, remember, first of all, me too movement black woman who first coined the phrase. Just make sure let's remember that, because again blackness. The discussion among my world was the fact that me too hadn't touched hip hop yet. And when it does, my lord, that was you know, around the time that yeah, like me to first kicked out, kicked off with the you know, Harvey Weinstein and came with everybody that you know, dropped off, the Matt Lawers of the world, all this stuff that was about powerful white dudes in corporate situations, you know, Bill Cosby, of course, R Kelly, of course. But those were ones that like, yeah, we kind of already knew that's blackness, but I hadn't hitten hip hop yet. One could argue that like R Kelly, but R Kelly A's an R and B singer that's not specifically hip hop influence, is not hip hop okay. But because of the way that misogyny has played such a huge role in rap music and the history of how black women have bore the brunt of the the emotional and spiritual heavy lifting within the black community have been the first to protect black men, most of the time to their own detriment. Don't. I try not to get into the battle of the sexes. But it's just that's just the reality. This isn't to drag black men. Listen, that's not what I'm saying. I'm talking specifically about the experience of black women, whether we're looking at Megan thee Stallion situation, which the reality is, the more that we understand about kind of what happened, she lied, of course out front, but she lied to protect Tory as in Tory Lanes, because she knows, like all black women in Memoriam, that if you turn black men over to them white people, they not gonna show them no mercy. And Megan from the streets, so like you know, you just don't. You don't snitch on the homies. You deal with it in house.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: This point I'm making as far or is like the historical precedence and trauma of saying if we pop off about about these black men, they're gonna lynch him. They're gonna deal with this in a way that's gonna cause more damage to our community. So a lot of times black women in hopes to protect our children, to protect our community, and even to protect them is like they they take on, they take on a lot of the suffering. Also, we get so beat up as black men when we go outside by this dominant white culture, this white supremacist culture. We get beat up. By the time we go home, we ain't got nothing left, and who's nursing us to health and a lot of times taking up brunt of us not being able to express ourselves fully when we outside, like we we I'm saying we because I'm talking about black men. We take it out on our ladies, super you know, fraudulent, coming at them sideways, finding our our manliness, our masculinity, in our violence and in our sexual prowess. Like this is just this is just historical Black experience. This is kind of just what it's been like. This is one of our maladies. Now, of course I'm speaking in a type of generality, but understand that like these are some of the pieces of trauma and PTSD that kind of sits in our bones and sits in our community. That being said, when we make our music, there is an understanding a lot of times that look, we just out here that the music is the escape. Sometimes it's the expression of what we're going through, and other times it's the escape or the hope of what we wish we were going through. Like when you take like the old school early hip hop rappers that were like Shaddy Coop the Vial back then lay Back Coop the Vial, it's like, you don't these brothers lived in the projects. They didn't have they were driving o Coop the Vill's nigga. They was on the bus, the gold chains and all that stuff like this is us finding ways to find value. We understood in that sense that like Yo Black Memo was a part of this. Nowack women expressing their sexuality and and they're they're expressing themselves, whether it's twerking or the booty shaking and stuff like that. Like back down South, they used to call it pussy popping. That was just a name, that was just what it was called, right, you know, and then he turned into the term twert But like black women expressing themselves, you know, whether it's salt and pepper being like very sexualized for jj fad like, they expressed themselves just like everybody else does. And that was again an understanding in hip hop. But then we started then It got weird because there was still a type of misogyny in the concept of hip hop. Bitches ain't shit but hose and tricks, right, like not send suck that deck, It ain't no fun if the hommies came ha none and girls singing along now, granted with an understanding that like you bet, and I wish nigga would say that to me, like you bet, not actually ever say that to me? Yeah, like the fact that like Rhap City just put an album out and she's like, look, let me tell you why I'm not in your top five argument. It's because I don't have we make we'd like everybody else. There are other they're seventy cents to the dollar in hip hop, like women who are rapping, Like why why isn't Latifa, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown MC light, Why are they not in the arguments for Mount Rushmoorris. You know people talking about Nikki now NICKI owe her career to Little Kim, Like, let's be real, there would be no Megan's, there would be none of that. It would be no Cardi B's if it wasn't for somebody like a Little Kim.
Speaker 3: And then you take rhaps City.
Speaker 1: Who for me, I'm like, oh, I don't know nobody rapping like rhap City right now. Like there's again she The argument is she is right, she should be in the top five. We still have a problem with Massogi. We still have a problem with patriarchy. We still don't understand this. That being said, it was understood and kind of like nobody's saying the quiet thing out loud. I feel like Charlamage and the God may have brought this up once that like wait till Me two hits the hip hop community. It's because the music industry, specifically in hip hop, it's some weird, weird stuff that goes on, and a lot of it has to do with in my mind power. Before I get to that, there was an interview with IRV Gotti or no, with Ashanti about IRV Gotti, you know, over at Murder Inc. And some of this just horrible things he would say to her, like I made every nigga in the world. Won't a fuck you mind? I made you You're not even that cute, like just trash, just just things you would never say to a person, like unless you're a pimp. And then some of these niggas since they were kingmakers, just like Harvey Weinstein and them, like they were untouchable. You couldn't there was nothing you could say because if they blacklisted you, you was done. But finally somebody spoke of and it was Cassie p Ditty's girl, who was, first of all, is twenty years younger than him, So there's that right. But that being said, Cassie brought the indictment. But in the indictment, it brought a cascade of so many other things to the point to which Diddy's house was rated. Now this happened again because black people decided we had time today. This happened at the same time that Beyonce dropped the country out and we was like, listen country black too.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of letting you, y'all because we got.
Speaker 1: Tired this year. I'm tired of letting y'all think that this your music. No, no, no, no, no, that's black too. Beyonce said, I'm reclaiming my time for all of us country music. Black do your homework. I got time. I'm making an album and I'm proving to y'all that's not your music. And look, Higo, one hundred other black country artists for you to check out who been putting in work.
Speaker 3: I'm here for them.
Speaker 1: This is all happening while we realizing what's going on.
Speaker 3: With p Diddy, that that man was whooping her tail.
Speaker 1: And what was so interesting about that is, like Diddy, he was the worst kept secret. Everybody knew this, you just don't say nothing about it. Black people decided they had time this year. I don't know, it's somewhere in the spirit, like we heard the spirit talking. Ezekio saw the wheel my nigga man, that is a Black church reference. What was the church reference? But like Ekyo Ezekielo saw the wheel way up in the middle of the air. Ezekiel saw the wheel way in the middle of the air. If you know, you know now in this moment, it was not only what he was doing to her, but what was happening in his relationship to other young rappers, whether it was Meek Mill Usher. So now the rumors started started just going all over the place where Diddy was either making them commit sexual acts or they were like for him to watch, or he was actually doing it to them. It was understood that Diddy got cameras all over his house, and the understanding is he got cameras all over his house, be so that nobody talks because I got you on camera. Now, I'm telling you this story firsthand from one of my homies. I was there, so firsthand from his story. You'd be at one of his parties, somebody tap you on the shoulder and it's like, hey, it's probably you might want to go ahead and leave now. And as you seeing who coming in, that's your clue, like, yeah, we should probably bounce on me.
Speaker 3: Like this stuff and like thank God for that food.
Speaker 1: That's like, look, it's time for you to go, because things got real hectic after that. Now inside of that indictment is now, I mean there's photos of like you know, being like making young men force their penetration on other men, like all kind of stuff that was happening. It was like nature was like curing itself. Because again, if you were in the music industry, you knew all this. You knew that these were the type of things that he did. But what we didn't know was what he was keeping quiet about his girl. Then CNN decided to be the shade rule, Like it's so crazy, CNN, I like, I couldn't believe this. I saw a comedian just talk about this. What wait, what's the home girl name? Hold on, y'all, Monika Sanders, that's her name. She was like, listen, CNN decided that y'all don't watch the news anyway, y'all don't care about stuff that really that really go on, so we might as well show you TMZ of it all.
Speaker 3: Just let's get messy.
Speaker 1: She was like, they on some nigga shit, which is hilarious because it's kind of true.
Speaker 3: Why is Diddy on CNN?
Speaker 1: And then, as a bonus for all of us real ones, somebody messed up and booked Cameron.
Speaker 3: To come talk about this thing.
Speaker 1: And apparently y'all forgot about Cameron on Bill O'Reilly, but they put her up against a black commentator on CNN.
Speaker 3: That was like, and Camron does what he does?
Speaker 4: He don't, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, he's the most so hard. Look y'all gotta go look at this clip of Cameron on.
Speaker 1: See it there he in Vegas City? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, I don't speak on Like, I don't really know Diddy, so I wasn't even there. I was talking about like did you Because the lady was like, yo, Is this the Diddy you recognize? And he's like, got here, I ain't zoomed into the photo to see if I recognize him this Diddy? I mean no, I you know, I don't condone none of them actions, but all that like other stuff like I don't I wasn't there. He ain't doude. I don't know that stuff. I don't know Diddy like that. She was like, were you was there a reputation around the industry about his behavior. He's like, are you really hang with Diddy like that?
Speaker 3: Then he SIPs this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he SIPs this alixir that like in New York that's like a thing you go get these like little like uh tincture, little juices that you would sip, and he goes, I'm sorry, I'm about to get some cheeks later, so I gotta I gotta, I gotta siff this. And then he's like, yo, who's the talent agent? Why you got me on here? Speaking on Diddy?
Speaker 4: Just in it a.
Speaker 1: Disaster, But but it's so Cameron.
Speaker 4: That's how he be. He forget him on bill o'readdy? Oh you mad?
Speaker 1: Oh you mad? You big mad? That's where we got that from, you mad bro? It was Cameron on the bill O'Reilly show. Oh my god, just greatness they got because let me back up. There was footage from a hotel where Diddy grossly abuses this young lady. She's trying to leave her hotel room. She's at the elevator. He follows her in a towel, no less, just nasty work, grabs her by the head, throws her down, kicks her, grabs her back.
Speaker 3: Just horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 1: Horrible, this inexcusable. There's time where he sits down, he throws something at her. Nasty work, diabolical in a towel. Just hell is your problem? The word is he had paid that hotel fifty thousand dollars to make sure that that don't go out. It got out. CNN got it. I don't know how they got it, but they got it, and then they aired it. It was just funny because we were like, I was like, of all the people to get this in the air, it CNN y'all supposed to be.
Speaker 4: I thought, y'all was.
Speaker 1: The serious stuff this is we're doing now we shave room right, which is hilarious, but the brud needed to be aired out. It's been going on too long. Black people decided this year we got time now. He the next day puts up his apology. That was hard because, first of all, in his defense, he owned it all. There's no excuse. Well, I mean, what could you do. I mean you could be like Trump and be like that wasn't me, or it y'all don't got the whole picture. You didn't see the whole situation. He was like, nah, that's inexcusable. There was nothing I was wrong. I was the darkest place I've ever been, and essentially like, well, of course I tried to cover it up because it was dirty work and I'm ashamed, and yeah, I didn't want it to get out because it would destroy me and it's embarrassing and it's wrong and I'm wrong. He said he's gone to therapy since and tried to make himself a better person, which you could discuss amongst yourselves how you feel about that. Maybe he did. I don't know him personally, and maybe it was like this was a dark moment. I just don't know personally how you can get to those moments. Aren't just isolated, like you build to that type of violence. It happens like my mom used to say, it's the little foxes. It's the little things. You know, you don't pull them little weeds earlier. You don't deal with them little things before they become big things, and then little things. Is the commentary that I want to talk to y'all about. As somebody who understands politics and you being from the hood, you know, there's some people and I think this was a prime example of that. They get off on power. Now him doing a lot of the gay stuff. I'm calling it that because I'm trying to speak hood. That's not what I mean by it. But follow me has converted the term pause to no didty. So if you say something like, oh, yeah, man, I was banging that fool hard no diddy like you're it's it's a homophobic phrase. Pause is already homophobic. It's when you say something that sounds like, you know, sexual towards another man. You're supposed to be like pause, which is a visual which is a verbal representation of what's supposed what was supposed to be happening visually. That's where pause kind of came from. It's like when you accidentally say like, nah, I get it. You know, they want me to cut my message in half and give you the six inch, but I'm gonna shove the whole foot long down your throat. You're supposed to like stop and look at each other with like big eyes, which is like pause, Like wait what I just say? Did that sound gay? So pause? Is already that? So now that's been and I think Mace coined it, which is its own funniness to be like nah no Diddy. So that's the homophobicness that's in our culture already. But sit that aside, okay, because it sucks that. That's the one thing that niggas really got mad about was the gayness, not all the other stuff. The gayness. But now that the video came out, it's like, all right, fellas, like we really got it, like this some bullshit and in our defense the general understanding, of course, this isn't the case with everything. If you like a real nigga, like I keep saying nigga because I'm trying to get you'll understand the way we talk like among our neighborhoods, A real man don't put their hands on no female stuff like that gets you. That gets you packed out, like you don't put your hands on no female like you're not a man. It's just so like there are certain things you don't You don't touch no kids, and you don't hit no female like you just we just don't accept that. But the point I'm getting to here is niggas being like, oh if you just gay, you gay nigga, like you just on the gates, like just just you know, all a nigga gay? You know what I'm saying, Like why you front? Like look, nigga, you gay?
Speaker 4: You gay?
Speaker 1: It's like, listen, I don't think you understand what's going on here. It's power some people. And understand this for your politics because if you understand this about people and about a person you talk to, you understand, then you can understand they moves and what they doing. You get off on power. So if you know you hold a person's career in your hands, that you can make or break them, then it's just it's almost erotic. It's like it's an arousal to flex that power. Because at that level of celebrity, you have essentially had sex with every prom queen in every city. You've had sex with every beauty pageant winner across the world. You' there is no there, There is no box you haven't visited. So it's like a beautiful woman just doesn't do it for you no more. Like it's the law of diminishing returns a lot of times with these people like it, don't do it, Like, there's what's the drive? The drive was to be famous. I'm already famous, okay. The driver was to bag the baddest chick. I've bagged the baddest chick and everything, Like what else is there? What else is it? Money? I'll never be able to spend the amount of money that I have now, I'll never be able to do it. Stuff don't get you off no more. And what gets them off is power is telling a young man who produced an amazing track that like, I'm not gonna put it out unless you suck my homeboys, Dick, and I just want to watch it happen because I get off not on not on the homo eroticism, but on the power. Dudes get off on power, on the fact that I can say what I want to say to you and you're not gonna do nothing because you know I'm a shot caller. You know I'll run the business, you know. So that turns them on because like, how why would you put your hands on somebody you love, especially especially if you're a strong man on a young fee. Why would you date somebody that much younger than you. It's power? Power to why else? Because that's what turns that's what he enjoys. I'm not saying he did he because I don't know him, But I'm saying this is the type of behavior that that displays when people what they love is not the job, it's not that.
Speaker 3: What they get off on is power.
Speaker 1: And when you understand people like that, what makes them, what drives them crazy is when they lose power, is when they can't control the situation. When you become ungovernable, they can be mad all they won't like. Listen, if I'm in a room, I write a dope hug for somebody and he say, hey, we're not gonna do this. You know what I'm saying, Unless you diddle this dude's booty, I'm gonna unplug my laptop and leave. And it's fine. It's okay if I'm not a start black lists me. I don't need this. So when you remove their oxygen tank of power, when they when they see that they don't have it, they either they either black list, you block you off, or it makes them freakishly angry and they lose it. If Cassie left, he would lose power, and he desperately because no, we're still not talking about why Shine is in prison.
Speaker 3: All go do your googles.
Speaker 1: Power. So when you understand that about your politics, about what's happening across the world, about your Benjamin Nett and Yahoo's about all these different things happening, like when people just it's power. That's the drug, that's the aphrodijiac. So when I had to tell one of these OG's, I was in this conversation with like one of these all heads, and I was like, look, nigga, it's not I'm not I don't think. I don't think he's necessarily gay. First of all, there's such thing as bisexual, which blew this all hands mind. It was like, wait, I'm like, yes, nigga, that's a thing you could be attracted to both. Because to the old head, if you like men's booties, you gay. That's just it to them. But I'm like, you can like a lot. But my argument is he's not attracted to booties or titties.
Speaker 3: He's attracted to power.
Speaker 1: That's what gets in oflved and then after we explained it, he was like, dang, yeah, I get it because dudes go to jail. How do you when you're raping another man in jail? It's not because you're expressing dominant and black people. Was done dealing with this. We needed the nature to heal itself. It's too much at stake right now for y'all to be active crazy. The next person that had time this year, which I don't need to get too deep into, is Kendrick Lamar. We've already done a three episode, now four episodes about how again it called to deciding we had time. It's okay, listen. Why I say this year was the year was because you have to remember, this is a ten to twelve year feud and apparently it involved the entirety of rap music. Everybody. Everybody had a problem with Drake. The only person that ever says something slightly nice was twenty one Savage and what he said was like, man, I'm friends with both of them, which is when you are like, that's the reality. When you family with everybody like that's your stance you're supposed to be. You like, look, man, like this ain't my fight. I'm friends with both of them. I hope they work it out, you know, and you could be truthful like Drake do some sideway stuff. I don't know Kendrick the way I know Drake. I hope they could work it out and it worked out. We have successfully identified what we mean by a culture vulture, by a colonizer, and we decided this year we just not gonna stand for it. You're not gonna cosplay. And that's so crazy that like that's essentially what happened. It was like, Okay, you know what, we got time this year. I'm addressing the cosplayer, I'm addressing the colonizer. We kicking this shit out of the culture. And Drake has become jaw Rule. Apparently we had time this year. Now we'll see how Drake comes back. Maybe we'll see what he does.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this turns out. I'm just saying this is a midyear reflection. And lastly, which is what made me decide to do this whole show, was the bleach blonde, bad built butcher body next. Okay, now, in a moment that would probably go down in black Twitter history, were it still a thing, if Elon didn't break the app. I mean, this would this would be like at the level of Meet Me in Temecula the Nigga Navy, which was really my favorite. Yeah, that was probably my favorite black Twitter moment. This would go on in there. Do you guys know what the House Oversight Committee is? It's actually very important to the messiness of the story and why black people finally decided to add and how that is completely manifested in Sweet Sister Jasmine. So when you become a congressman, congresswoman and you join, when you join the House of Representatives, you you have to join. You don't just get to be there. You got to join a clique. You have to join a committee you know, which I'm calling a click that serves on that serves different roles in the government for the actual use of goverment. Like that's what your job description is. You got to join a particular committee. So it's like that's the particular clique that you work with. It's like, look your group project, right, So there's the finance one. You know. Then you know they have you've you've heard things like like the Black Caucus and stuff like that. That's not what I'm talking about I'm talking specifically about being in the House of Representatives or a congress person. This one is called the House Oversight Committee, and the Oversight Committee. Their job is it's is exactly how it sounds. This is supposed to be for accountability among each other. Right, they provide oversight for the actions of elected officials and task force that have been put together, right, So they're a panel. So whenever you're seeing fools get grilled by like you seen on the news, when you're seeing fools get grilled by the Congress, it's it's this They put together subpoenas. They're able to say, Yo, you need to come in. You need to testify as to like you know, what the hell was going on? Like you need to tell us what happened was and what your thinking was for why this was happening. Some of the more historical ones was around you know, the nine to eleven attacks, right, somebody had to talk to what was going on with like the Abu Grand prison, Like how were there any leaks? Did anybody know what was going on? Stuff around Hurricane Katrina? Like why is there why did FEMA move so slowly? Like tell us, tell us what happened here, right, So there's a lot of things wwe was investigated by them, Like so you just we just need to know if it's a national situation, is there really a case here? And we could subpoena people to come talk to the government to just for us to know the people Michael Cohen had to sit in front of this is the Senate, this is the House Oversight Committee for us to know, like how do we keep all this stuff accountable? Like now, like everything else, it's become freakishly partisan. If you can, as your party control who's in charge of what in the committee, then you get to pick the cases and how those come now right now, the majority in the Oversight Committee is Republican. The guy that sits as the chair is a man named James Comer from Kentucky who really a substitute teacher, looking head ass like bruhs just everything he feels like he's he got dad jokes just like right out on the tip of his tongue at all times. But I'm gonna save the roaster for later anyway. Oh, another thing I could say too about the the Senate or the House Overside Committee is like on the sixteenth of May, like so this just happened, right, They are holding Attorney General Merrick Garland in contempt of Congress for refusal to comply with any subpoena issued by the Committee of Oversights.
Speaker 3: So this just happened. So they get the right to.
Speaker 1: Do stuff like that, like, Yo, we subpoenaed you. You saying no about it? Like we get to hold you in content, which is what this meeting we're about to talk about. Now. The meeting got off late because a lot of the old Trump heads was up in New York trying to defend you know, his cheeto seal in his situation. So they was up in New York. The rest of the homies was on this City House I keep calling it Senate, this House Overside committee, talking about can we hold Merrick Garland in content? So you're supposed to go back and forth about like are we down with this? Now? Enter Marjorie Taylor Green. Now, if you know her, which you should, I mean, she is a fully she's the fully evolved pokemon of white woman privilege. Like she's the I'm sorry, guys, she is the avatar of this. She worked the system to the system work for her because I really, honestly don't really know what she believes or feels. I just know she's the queen of the wild takes extreme maga Republican, like to the point of where what she say don't make sense, like this ain't even conservative, this is just like, I don't even know what you're talking about. She has very little decorum because if you and this is just factual, because if you go back to the last two State of the Union's address, she booing, she popping off, she's interrupting the dude, like just she pop off at all times. She's looking for the hot takes. She's always looking for a zinger. A lot of times she be incredibly conspiracy theory pilled, but she pop off because she got the back end of the big Homy y'all know what I mean by the big hom and people a lot of times let hers live because she famous like she's I mean, she's hot right now. She's like, let's be real, like in the world, she hot right now, and she's been hot for a while. Remember the whole fifty dig ya thing I talked about a long time ago, and I was like, none of y'all counted for Margie Taylor Green, the girl knows how to get a headline, and how she does this is in these meetings that are supposed to be rather boring and procedural. She pops off, it's been real late they at this meeting, and she continue to interrupt the meeting, asking questions that really ain't got nothing to do what we talking about? So she out of nowhere asked this question of the panel, are any of the Democrats employing Judge Marshaan's daughter? Who is Judge Marshaan doesn't matter for the story because it don't matter for the hearing either. Now you hear what obviously is a black woman, which which you can safely assume is Jasmine Crockett off camera because this is all this is all recorded because it has to be so it's off camera. You hear what is clearly a black woman say, please tell me what this has to do with with Mary Garland, essentially like half of what the hell are you talking about? And then you hear, which is the funniest one of the second funniest thing in this clip, is you hear James Comer. Remember I told you substitute teacher head ass like goes? Is she a porn star?
Speaker 3: Like what and people it's all like is he advising it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What is she talking about? Like you can hear the sound of blackness being like, what is this bitch?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What do you know what we're here for? Does she know what we're here for?
Speaker 3: Like just like can you believe this?
Speaker 1: Half? Like what is you talking about? So, but she's on mike because it's just like, what's happening right now? What? So that was strike one. So then Marjorie pops off with her finger. Oh, oh you know, do we know what you do? You know what you're here for? She goes, no, do you know what you're here for? Then she makes her fatal mistake. I think your fake eyelashes is getting in the way. And then that's when the gavel hits old order Order Order, So they like, mister chairman, can you get a hold of your community?
Speaker 3: Can you get your girl? Because she talking out.
Speaker 1: Her neck and the whole room's like, oh, like, yo, what is why are you popping off? And Marjorie real proud of herself, like oh boom roasted, like she proud of herself at this moment.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny watching.
Speaker 1: All the clerks come and wild the guy that's supposed to be in charge.
Speaker 3: He needed to check the playbook.
Speaker 1: Like wait, can you are you allowed to say this? Can you talk like that? Do we need to strike this? I wait, what are the rules right now? Like the nigga confused cuz cause he like, I don't know what we supposed to do right now?
Speaker 4: What? Right?
Speaker 1: And then the whole girl, the hall girl, Jenny from the block, you know what I'm saying. The hall girl, AOC is like hot, jumps in and is like, yo, hey, do we got.
Speaker 3: Like a point of order?
Speaker 1: Like? Yo, do we got a point of order? And then one white boy kind of steps in and he's asking about finance and stuff, which really was him trying to get his bars off too, and AOC you hear her in the back like, yo, that's that's disgusting. It's absolutely disgusting. She goes, you know what, actually, I have a point of order like a person who actually understand how the rules work. She finally started talking. She was like, listen, I removed my point of order is that the parliamentarian strikes the words of Congresswoman Marjor Taylor Green because that is disgusting. You not allowed to talk about somebody's body like this man strike this from the record. She like, that's absolutely disgusting, Marley Treyley Treen popping off like oh are your feelings hurt?
Speaker 3: All like just completely out of pocket.
Speaker 1: But again, stay with me now, most of the time we ain't got time for none of this. So when she's like, oh are your feelings hurt? Ao was like, oh girl, baby, girl, Like basically like, girl, you listen, if you only knew I just did this show. This is a side note, but it's very important. I just did this this show at Joseph Harp Correctional Facility President Okay, see performed out there, and I was talking to the brus about about having inner piece, about like what's going on in your own head and that you know you deserve to have that type of piece and whatever work you gotta do, man, I encourage you to do that work right to get that piece inside your head because a lot of times people see us and they think, and especially you, because y'all are here, they think y'all crazy. And I'm like, you only know what I tell you if you like you don't know what I don't say, Like if y'all knew, if y'all knew what I was keeping on myself. Oh baby, you wouldn't. You don't know half of the crazy. So essentially, what AOC is saying is like, oh, baby girl, oh if you only knew how much I hold back. Like look and right now, who she was talking who who Margie was talking about was Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett. She was talking about her black woman, young black lady. She was talking about her. But AOC jumps in and was like, hell, oh hell no, right, and the white boys still can't figure out how to get ordered right, which is so funny to me. But again, none of them can control Marjorie. She do whatever she won't. But yeah, AOC like, listen, baby, don't even play like, don't play with me. You have to understand for a person of color, if a woman of color, I'm gonna say specifically black or Latina, if she say don't play with me, right, you need to stop. Kendrick had a song on Damn that said stop playing with me for I turn you to a song he's talking about Drake, stop playing with me. That for black people, that's your last warning when when white people say you're on thin ice bucko that's that is the black version of that. Stop playing with me. That means you understand what it means. So Ao's like, hey, don't play right. So somebody seconds the motion that like I second the motion that those words are struck, and the people running it is still confused. That's the funniest part. They looking at documents like, wait, what are we supposed to do? How do we do this right? They have lost all control of this. Mug Alc is like, I'm not having it. That is unacceptable. We're striking that. That is no way in the world that's going in the record. But they're like, but they don't know how to do it. So they're like, oh okay, So they get the director. The leaders get the directors like do you agree to strike your words from the record? Margie Taylor Green was like I get like, I still have four minutes of twenty second, which, as a side note, was like, nigga, you've been talking this whole time and none of it has been your time, so what are you talking about? Right?
Speaker 3: But forget that part.
Speaker 1: She goes, yeah, yeah, I agree to strike it. ALC's like, you need to apologize you were out of line, and she's like I ain't apologizing, Like no, if they could cuss, it had been like, no, bitch, you need to apologize, Like I can hear those words in there. It's not happening there because somebody trying to be a professional. And then Margie Taylor.
Speaker 3: Was like, why don't you debate me?
Speaker 1: AOC was like, uh, it's evan and you ain't got the intelligence for that, like and they, and so this is all happening while while the white boys is still trying to get ordered. Hey, like I haven't even recognized you.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Right, so all this has happening. They don't know how to work. They don't know how the laws work, they don't know the rules. It's too confusing. We never been in this situation. So he finally he's like, okay, okay, everybody, okay, calm down, misscreen, we got two points of order. Everybody popping off. We want to strike AOC's word. We wanna stark margin tar. We got two points of order, y'ata. It's like, okay, everybody, every dight calmed down. Everybody, everybody shut up, shut up, shut up, shut u shut up. Do you agree humanimously to strike your words Margie Taylor Green. Yes, but I'm not apologizing these people be heard off words. He's like, ma'am, oh my god, do you agree to just strike the word? That's all I need from you, and then here go to order.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do this.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna give you. You're gonna agree to this, and we're gonna give you four minutes. She's like, okay, word. Then you hear Jasmine speak up, which I bet you y'all listen, if I could only have been sitting next to her at this time, let me tell you how hard we be laughing right now. So she says, my request for you right now is to just take a second and do your googles about miss Jasmine Bona Fides to just know how unbelievably intelligent this woman is. Now, okay, I have a point of order. They was like, who this jazz? Okay, Miss Crockett, she said, I just need some clarity. I just want to know if someone were to start talking about a bleach blonde, bad built, butch body, that that would be a point of contention, Like, am I allowed to say that.
Speaker 3: Jake's cobra go?
Speaker 2: But what now?
Speaker 1: Listen, First of all, the alliteration number two. It's an alliteration that was probably off the head that she probably just thought of right there like that. Because the asylum that black people was raised in. If there's anything we do well, is we gonna roast the hell out of you. You have no chances when it comes to getting roasted with us. We are just too good at this. This is our You have to understand the way we was because we get it from every angle. You get roasted from your cousins younger than you, You get roasted from your mama, your aunties, your uncles, your granddaddy, your grandma.
Speaker 3: Every We we know how to clap back.
Speaker 1: There is never a situation where I'm not gonna figure out a way to clap back at you.
Speaker 3: We are too good at this.
Speaker 1: And again, what I keep trying to say to you when we say because AOC started it like don't play, is you don't understand what I'm not saying to you. You have no idea because of the angry black woman thing. It's the same thing that happens as an angry black man because of that's that stereotype. The amount of control we have to have, the amount of biting of tongue because when you get to pop off as much you want, but when I defend myself or when I pop off, I'm an angry black person. But sometimes we got time. Sometimes it's time for you to learn a lesson. You remember the fade in the water, the Montgomery, Alabama situation. We had time that day. There are times that we have time that is like, no, you know what this is gonna stop today. You gonna you're gonna stop playing with me. So that's what seriously has happening. But she does it. Like I said, how black we can be very unserious about serious things and be serious about it. So what she gonna say is like, Okay, you got an issue with my eyelashes. You don't understand how hot I could get on your girl. I could cook you so bad right now. You don't even know like there was a be missing obviously, because we know how to control ourselves.
Speaker 3: But your little tail. If we're gonna start talking about bodies, and they were like whoa whoa you out of?
Speaker 1: Like she's like, look, I'm just trying to understand cause she gets to talk about she gets to talk about eyelashes. I just want to know what's appropriate or not cauz, So do I need to apologize? So I should apologize about that? Right?
Speaker 3: Is that the decorum? Is that what we're doing here?
Speaker 1: So essentially it's like, listen, ma'am. And this is the lesson that I cannot tell you how often in every household, if you a real one and you got children, you've had to tell your younglings. Do not dish out what you cannot take. If you can't take it, don't give it, because oh I'm a serve it full for you. So do not dish out what you can't take. Black people decided. You know, I'm about done with you. You coming into my playing field right now. You not allowed to pop off no more because if you pop off again, I'm gonna roast you even worse. You think I'm worried about these white boys, ma'am, stop playing with me. And you see the senator sitting next to.
Speaker 3: Sitting next to James Cover.
Speaker 4: Trying not to laugh, laugh, ho, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: But then the white lady gets to the white lady get to be like listen, calm down, calm down. She get to call us the angry one, and she's like no, no, no, no, no, you want to smoke, trying to get some clarification. Can we talk like this is we allowed to because you wasn't apologizing. You don't think you're wrong. So I'm just trying to understand if this where we go and if we're gonna get down, we're gonna get am and again the white boys the lost control and Margie Screen is still popping off like calm down, I can't hear you of your anger. She's still popping off about AOC and then AOC come back and like, hold up. I moved to strike her words a second time because of the derogatory thing she's saying about a second person. Listen, black and brown unity out this mug.
Speaker 3: That's how we roll, y'all.
Speaker 1: Listen, we got time this year, so they can't even get the whole thing. And AOC gotta explain the rules to the guy that's supposed to be a charge. She's like, listen, I know you saying that she recognized for her four minutes and twenty seconds. The problem is she can't talk yet because you don't know the rules. There is a motion to strike her words the second ones. She's still popping off about me that needs to get struck before you can recognize her.
Speaker 3: You have to acknowledge this. How come? Why am I explaining the rules to you?
Speaker 1: Usually you just let pettiness be pettiness because we keep our eyes on the prize. But sometimes you gotta pop out and show me. We got time this year and it's only this is only June, and I cannot be more proud. How these black and brown women are showing up. So let's just see man. Hope hopefully we keep this same energy. You know, this is the look.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: We got time this year politics. Y'all. All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a spell it for you because I know M A T T O s O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly mattow Sowski. Still killing the beats softly, So listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.