Speaker 1: Is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humuller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well we've improved here. Before it was two out of four. Now we're three out of four. Here for Mick Shot, says, we begin this Thursday and the SWBC podcast studio. We've got myself, Mickey, Savannah and ever since, thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you very much. Soldjout, Savannah ye sold out. Last week.
Speaker 5: I had to go out of town quickly for a few days.
Speaker 4: I was looking forward to us kind of take over this thing.
Speaker 6: I was telling Mickey earlier this week. I had some people reach out to me on Twitter. They were like, what happened tona Monday?
Speaker 4: Was supposed to.
Speaker 7: Be your show man.
Speaker 4: I hate I let him down. I hate I let him down.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Bill is on his way. Uh said he'd probably get here for the second segment. And what a trooper he is because he probably took off for the airport in Phoenix this morning at about five a m. Their time to get here. Uh, he's already landed, and what a trooper. And I just hope he was able to take a shower. If not, I don't mind the champagne. You know, that's what's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's okay because he was we know what the occasion was for.
Speaker 3: He was soaked last night when he got in locker room. He had a on with what the little hoodie is? It never helps, and he was just his face was soaked. It was it was apsolutely from the sound. But you know what, I bet for him and we'll hear from him. Growing up here in Dallas, and I don't know how big of a baseball fan you were, but for Bill to be there and having grown up a Rangers fan, to witness the first World Series victory in the Rangers history had to be something. Because they got here in nineteen seventy two playing in that old, dilapidated minor league stadium, Arlington Stadium, and I'm sure he had gone to games and to actually witness that it has got to be a really cool thing.
Speaker 6: That's incredible for Bill, he's yeah, I mean it's incredible for all of the Rangers fans. I mean It's just one of those. Last night was such an epic moment in the history for the Rangers, and just watching that, the momentum just in Dallas, everyone was just I.
Speaker 5: Think we're still we were still you know Inhaling, Yes, from the Cardinals series.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, no, don't tell me that one strike away.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget this.
Speaker 5: My stomach hurt for a week after we lost that series because that was Game six, right, one strike away, and then we were so disheartened that Game seven, we just.
Speaker 4: Knew we were gonna lose. Yeah, and we started off, we scored first, yeah.
Speaker 5: And everybody like, uh, it's still were still in the right and that's bad. I had the feeling. Everyone had the feeling because Game six was so it just it just took away from you, right, And so I think we were kind of still waiting around, you know for that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were like, we're only five runs.
Speaker 3: We need more, you know, I knew they needed more than one.
Speaker 5: So it was last night the whole I was with the whole family, Michuelle, Cameron, and Cherish. We watched it together and my wife never watches sports, especially baseball, and they were so tight in the beginning, She's like, they need to hurgway up and do something.
Speaker 4: I said, this is getting intense. Sit in the back. Yeah, that's what it was. Was getting to it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: I was pointing out this picture's pitching. Yeah, man Gallon is that his name?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 3: He was good, awfully good.
Speaker 4: Lad. I want to let him man, but no, we we man.
Speaker 5: We let out a big cheer at the final stre for the pitch, the final pitch.
Speaker 3: Whoa and of all people scores right? Man who struggled during the during the season, and then he came around the last month. I didn't get excited until Simeon hit the home run. Yes, and then I.
Speaker 4: Said and he needed that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said, this is it and I jumped off the couch and it was a good thing. I wasn't on the air, Okay, I think there was a word, I one of those words you can't say their right and uh and a good thing. It was cold outside because the windows were closed, right, I didn't wake up the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: I kept having to go back and forth bedroom TV to the d TV. Yeah, because you know, I just couldn't this still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was up to I was up to midnight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, and if anybody don't know what we're talking about, by the way, the Texas Rangers won the word uh and the first in franchise history, and I was, I was, I was. I was kind of celebrating them, even though I didn't grow up a Rangers fan, but you know, I've been here and I was covering them for the Dallas Times Herald as a backup writer starting in eighty five, and so I'd been through a lot of those players that came through and a lot of the failings, and was a partial season ticket holder for a while.
Speaker 4: So we had our superstars too that led us up to.
Speaker 3: The brink, right, and then didn't get it. And then when they finally got it, and it was kind of you know, I know, I bet there were, because I did it. When the White Sox won the World Series in Houston in two thousand and five, shet a tear and I bet, oh, I bet there's a bunch of fans. You're so happy, you're tearing up. And I was, okay, until I can't remember what station did it. They played Eric Nadell's call of the final out the strike right, and it just hit me that everything he's been through on the radio doing the radio. I think he's been doing it since they got here. It seemed like it anyway, And he had had some emotional problems this year and wasn't in the booth the beginning of the season, and for him to make that call and know what he has been through, it was like, Okay, there goes.
Speaker 4: A tier good stuff for him, good stuff.
Speaker 3: Because he you know, and and he's so professional. And that was like the first time I think I've ever heard him kind of yell and scream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got out of his comfort zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I thought too many TV people got out of their comfort zone. By the way, not the sports guys, but the the local anchors were were like waving their pom poms. I thought a little too.
Speaker 4: Much, too much, which was there's no too much, not too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was a pretty good moment. And you know, it's taken that this might be the first time, especially in the newspaper business here, that during any week of the regular season for the Cowboys that they were off the front page. Yes, they were page I think they got pushed the page two three, so with a yeah, really right, And then tomorrow there's going to be a parade, and it's like, oh, by the way, the Cowboys are playing Sunday in Philadelphia for a very big game. But it was a pretty neat evening all in all, and and just seeing the relief on so many people. I got to hear Tom Greeve this morning, the former player general manager. They did the broadcasting. He spent his whole career with this franchise, moved here from Washington, d C. When they were the Senators, and heard him on the radio, and it was pretty neat to you know, his feelings on what they finally accomplished, and you know, he made it sound like all the trials and tribulations they've been through got washed away if they did, especially what you just talked about in the twenty eleven World Series, and you know the series when they first got in the playoffs against the Yankees in ninety six and you know, didn't move any further, and then to do this. He was talking about all the people that got a hold of him and like they were celebrating and I'm sure you know it happened when the Cowboys finally broke through in ninety two to win the Super Bowl and it brought back to life the guys that had played before and won Super Bowls, right, and accomplished things. It's almost like they became front and center during during the Cowboys run there in the early nineties. So yeah, I sort of understand that. And you had a stat for me about championship teams here in Dallas Fort Worth.
Speaker 6: I think let me pull it up. Let's see how I was reading yesterday a couple different things after the game. So the last title so obviously Texas Rangers they won last night, twenty twenty three, champs, Dallas Mavericks twenty eleven, Dallas Stars nineteen ninety nine, and the Cowboys nineteen ninety five. And the stat that I read was this was, I think it was Boston that all four major sports teams have won a title since ninety five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Dallas and Boston, right, And Boston did it recently with the Bruins winning and the Red Sox finally breaking their jinks and the Patriots they.
Speaker 5: Call themselves the city of Champions. Yeah, yeah, it's kind of hard to hear.
Speaker 3: It was hard to hear, but it is amazing though, since ninety five, that every one of these teams has won championship and the Rangers were the last one. The last ones, so I guess we should talk about the Cowboys and the Eagles and I'll give you a quick update. They're practicing in pads today. Mike McCarthy pointed out, heck, I should let Savannah do as she heard the press conference the injury report for today.
Speaker 6: Sure, we talked about Tyrone Smith and he will still be with the rehabit group today working with Britt Brown, and we're still going to wait to see if he's going to play on Sunday. But coach McCarthy did say that hopefully he'll be able to participate fully in practice on Saturday. That's the hope.
Speaker 3: So that's going to be the barometer if he's able to work on Saturday, and it's not a heavy practice, but they're hoping to get him to the game with the stinger he suffered in practice last week that kept him out of the game. I did see when I was out at practice that Tuma Adoga, who they had listed as limited yesterday with an ankle, was leased in pats, so it looked like he was going to practice. Michael Gallop yesterday did not practice with an illness, but he had his pads on and he's working on the cords, so that bodes well for him being ready. Jay Ron Curse was out there. He didn't practice yesterday with a toe, and so I think from an injury standpoint, you know, they could be in pretty good shape if indeed they can get Tyron Smith ready for the game. And the Eagles, by the way, have their starting corner Bradley Roby, he's their nickel corner. Didn't practice yesterday with a shoulder, so we'll see where that one goes. But they seem to be pretty healthy from their starters going into the game. Got anything else on your little notebook there that you wanted to point out.
Speaker 6: While we were still on the topic of the Rangers coach McCarthy, he was asked that was the first question.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I asked him, what does that mean for Dallas and what is that momentum even for these guys, And he was like, it's great. I think it's important that it, you know, maybe gives us a little luck on Sunday, but it's just something for for the guys to be like, wow, like another Dallas sports team did it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, they won on the road, So you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they mentioned he mentioned the thirteen thirteen wins on the road for the Rangers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, eleven, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: But what does that say about the home field, because we don't reject at home.
Speaker 3: Well, well, what happened in the first two series. They they only played one game at home, right they they they swept Tampa Bay and it was the best two out of three in the first two or and then then it was three out of five and they won the two games there and then came home in won and then the Astros deal, they won their four games in Houston, which is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know the other thing that was going to be uh kind of symmetry the last game of the regular season when they needed to win to win the division. Yeah, they got beat one to nothing. They almost won the World Series on the road one to nothing until they erupted in that uh in that ninth inning.
Speaker 5: I was looking I was feeling comfortable with the one run Yeah, I really was. I mean, because our pitching was doing well, and you know, the old man Chapman, he's had his issues.
Speaker 3: I was really worried. But I was like, why why.
Speaker 5: You know, we need him. We still need him in there. We have to get someone to feel that in it. And he made me a little nervous, but I'm glad he got his wing with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, finally and then they closed it. So I'll tell you what. Let's take a break here and hopefully Bill said he'd be here for the second segment of mix Shots on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Bill don't be driving all crazy trying to get here.
Speaker 3: He's speed, he basically, he basically pointed out if he was already had landed when I checked in on him, and he goes, if they get my bags to me, I make it in time.
Speaker 5: I can't see Bill like driving fast, you know, like being a serious her right, I can't see him, you know, just easy weaving in like you and me, like me and you. I can't see the pickup, just kind of you know, doing all of this all right.
Speaker 3: Hopefully Bill will be back when we start the next segment here on mix Shots.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: They snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prus Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor. Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 2: Monday morning swagger brisket in the smoker.
Speaker 11: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas Devict shuts.
Speaker 6: Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: We want to welcome somebody. So what's up?
Speaker 3: It's almost like it's like a triumphant return from the World Series War.
Speaker 7: Bill is from the airport Wars.
Speaker 3: Oh, what a guy to get back from?
Speaker 7: Well, I would have got back for the beginning of the show. But at the airport, you fly out from Terminal B, but you don't fly into Terminal B. You fly into Terminal D. And then you got to take terminal link over to Terminal B. And then I couldn't find my car. I literally reached Okay, what I remember, I remember, this doesn't look like the same terminal. I came in after I got to dover to Terminal B, and then I said, oh, yeah, I remember I had. I mistakenly brought my umbrella into the terminal and so after I checked in, I took my so I retraced my steps like I remember that part of it. Oh yeah, I went to the lower level. It's anyway, I know, I thought that same thing. Why didn't I take a picture? No, but I it was B eleven I had in my memory.
Speaker 4: No twelve.
Speaker 7: I don't even go from my vitamin B twelve. That's all I remembered it.
Speaker 4: I hope it help with your memory.
Speaker 7: But anyway, it was fun.
Speaker 4: Now you mute it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you?
Speaker 3: We watched watched the game?
Speaker 7: All these people, all these people like my daughters, who haven't watched baseball since I was doing Ranger games twenty years ago. All of a sudden, they start watching baseball now and they were texting me throughout the entire game. Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 6: I gotta say. I was watching last night and I turned on your channel, A pick of you.
Speaker 3: You're walking around a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was with Tony Beasley, the third base coach. Yeah, that was before we went into the Champagne shower.
Speaker 4: You would have been the only one that know him.
Speaker 5: Am I still you still knew this? Bags got me dude shortly able to even hit.
Speaker 3: I figured you were the only one that knew who Tony Beasley was. By the way, you had somebody else? I was it was it Kinsler?
Speaker 7: No, Adrian Beltre, No, No, but he did that. There was no Yeah, prior to the Uthaniel Lowe.
Speaker 3: It was not a player. I mean it was it was front. It was Kinsler, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't talk to him. You must have been flipping around, must been some other stations.
Speaker 3: No, you had you had a guy.
Speaker 4: I thought I saw Kinsler too.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, it was, Oh well maybe I did.
Speaker 3: It wasn't in the locker room when you were.
Speaker 4: It was on the field. It was on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, huh, And I said, well, Bill's the only one that knows who that is, right, right, know who Kindler is? Yeah, I can't That's who I thought it was.
Speaker 4: Maybe it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, An I told my family, I said, we're going to have to go buy some old Texas Rangers gear and act like we've been yeah for years.
Speaker 3: And I forgot because I've got one of those old caps and it was a cap, not a hat. It was a cap that was circular, and it was the logo back when they were playing at Arlington State. And I was going to bring it and I forgot to break it that I just keep old hats.
Speaker 7: You know. The thing about it is because of the whole Bally sports thing. Yeah, people haven't been able to watch this.
Speaker 4: Ye I know.
Speaker 7: I mean because because literally there's only about one third of the metroplex who have over a three year period, is getting about Bally Sports. It was the same thing when the Mavericks made it to the playoffs and now all the games you're seeing Luca and all the other You knew Luca was on the team, but all these other players when they made it all the way to the Western Conference final last year. Yeah, and now this year, all of a sudden, this has been a fun team to watch all year, but most, you know, sixty percent of the fans, even if you wanted to watch baseball, you couldn't watch.
Speaker 3: It, which happened last year with the Stars.
Speaker 7: Yep, the Stars, the same thing.
Speaker 3: I got robbed of the season and got in the playoffs, and we're going, oh, that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: So that's what needs to happen now, is get this whole thing fixed where we can watch all our teams. The other thing that I'm struck by. With as much excitement as there is about the Rangers winning a World Series, can you imagine if the Cowboys made won a Super Bowl what it would be like at.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping they'd be inspired. You know, you can do that. You can do that.
Speaker 5: You can be inspired by your fellow athletic organizations.
Speaker 4: Hopefully the Cowboys will say, Okay.
Speaker 5: You know it can be done untraditionally, because this was very untraditional winning on the road almost.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, eleven road wins. How about a month ago, I mean six weeks ago, they played the Astros at home and they got beaten a three game series, thirty nine to ten. It was the equivalent of the Cowboys losing to the forty nine ers forty two to ten.
Speaker 4: They barely made it.
Speaker 7: And then and Evan Carr, or the rookie sensation, wasn't even on the team. Then he got called up right after that series because a Doolies got hurt and so Evan Carter gets called up. And he just set the record from no one's hit more doubles in the postseason than Evan Carter did with nine he had.
Speaker 3: And he had another one that they said hadn't happened since Mickey Mantle in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 7: It might have been getting on base. He had seventeen rookie ars. Yeah, it was a rookie making a rookie making his debut, getting on base seventeen straight games.
Speaker 4: You look at you got Sea.
Speaker 5: He did amazing things to World Series MVPs.
Speaker 4: You've got Garcia.
Speaker 7: He had twenty two RBIs, which is the most postseason RBIs ever.
Speaker 4: And he didn't get to play and he didn't play the last two games.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, And then.
Speaker 3: Talk about card with a Valdi winning five times in the playoffs, the first to do that.
Speaker 4: He's a man.
Speaker 3: And then Boche's name up there with all those.
Speaker 7: Bochi has won fifteen of the last sixteen series he's managed.
Speaker 3: That's like five five people of note and what now four World Series champions.
Speaker 5: You can hear every time he pitches, it's like he's mad.
Speaker 3: And where's he from?
Speaker 7: Where's he from? He's from Alvin, Texas. No, he is from Alvin, Texas, hob and Nolan Ryot.
Speaker 5: I got to put these things down so I can brag them my texts.
Speaker 7: Well, I in fact, on the plane, I'm writing a story about how this team was like the culmination of so many of Ranger players from the past that this got thrown into the same team. Right, I'm gonna I'm gonna add Nathan Valdi from Alvin, Texas now that I just thought of that, but from Josh Hamilton was left handed hitting slugger from North Carolina. Corey seeger, left ended hitting slugger from North Carolina. Now he's got Hall of Fame consistency. And Josh Hamilton had Hall of Fame talent and was wasted. And uh, there's there's so many others there are just like that, and a Valdi.
Speaker 3: There's nicknames evil right, well, now it's Houdini just squirming out of all those base, amazing guys on base.
Speaker 4: That was incredible, and that.
Speaker 5: That's what made me feel good about the one nothing lead. I thought that they were still gonna grind that way to that win no matter what. And this is what I was talking about, how they can inspire the Cowboys. You know, cowboys don't don't win gritty. These guys won every gritty game they won. I mean, hey, I can't expect to win on the road. Oh man, just watch us. You know we're gonna do it. We're gonna do it ugly too.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, you get hit by a pitch, you Garcia, you hit, you hit a home run before the before you come back and hit the Grand Slam.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 5: That was so dramatic because to me, that was the number one, uh inspiring moment of the series, was him getting hit and coming back the way he did in the series and just lifted up everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the whole thing I mean you mentioned.
Speaker 7: I mean in that Astro series, I mean that was that was the equivalent of the forty nine ers to the Cowboys right there. They just they got over that hump yep. And then and then they get hit, they get they they had the dramatic home run by Tuve and the game five, and then they got to go on the road and play at Houston and win game six and Game seven and they did that.
Speaker 4: So don't, don't. Don't.
Speaker 5: That's why I always hated stats. You know, you gotta go play by play, game by game. Yeah, moment by moment, even especially in the series and championships.
Speaker 3: I loved at the end too, because I'm sure the analytics in the ninth inning says, you got to bring in the clerk. He said, you know what, my picture's pitching pretty darn well, I'm leaving them in there.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 7: The other thing I thought on that.
Speaker 5: Little cocky at the end of the game, who yes, yeah, yeah, I thought he was prancing around that picture's mouth.
Speaker 4: Feeling it. Man, I'm making the last pitch. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: You know what I thought on that is, Okay, you had a five run lead. But if if keeping spores in right, okay, if he runs into trouble, at least you have a safety blanket in the clerk. I mean, if you made the change and the clerk came in, where are you going to then if he doesn't have it for that, and when he's pitching a third straight day, right, and then boy, you're subject to all sorts of criticism at that point. You know, no, that's right. So how about the fact that you got a picture who's pitching a no hitter and ten minutes later he gives up the run and he comes out of the game. He's only throwing eighty three pitches. Eighty three pitches in ten minutes before he'd had a no hitter in the seventh.
Speaker 3: Inny, It's like, you got somebody better than this.
Speaker 7: Sure enough they didn't.
Speaker 4: So he's the game.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, that was take take off your professional hat, and what did it mean to you?
Speaker 7: Growing I haven't been able to take off my professional hat well, you know, but it is.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 7: Seriously, It's like you're so focused on what you got to do next that you don't savor the moment. At the end of our we had an hour long post game and after getting out of the champagne shower and everything, we had like five minutes to you know, put our thoughts together. But that was when you know, I was that guy who and there's so many of my generation like this who lived here in nineteen seventy two when Major League Baseball came to Arlington. I remember April fifteenth, nineteen seventy two, when I had to.
Speaker 2: Go to bed.
Speaker 7: It was you know, school night, and Dick Bosman is starting for the Rangers against the California Angels and listening to the radio as I went to bed at night. And then you know, a week later they played the first home game and Frank Howard, who by the way, passed away just three days ago at age eighty seven, he had the first home run at Arlington Stadium, dead center field. That was, by the way. That team in nineteen seventy two, they won fifty four games and lost one hundred. They're leading a home run hitter. Guess how many home runs he hit? Guy named ted Ford ten. He hit fourteen home runs. He hit fourteen home runs to lead the team, and he was cracking, you know. But and then two at the old old Arlington Stadium, I first got on the radio in Arlington Stadium. I and a friend, Gary Schaeferman, we went for early for batting practice one day, and on their pregame show, they would have fans asked questions of plays, yes, and I've got I still got a cassette tape of it.
Speaker 4: I got a question.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about you because I remember when in eighty five when the Bears won the NFC title game, they beat the Rams at Soldier Field, and I'd been covering them kind of majority of the season. I covered a bunch of their games. It was a great national story, right, And I was a Packers fan growing up, but it was Chicago, and I finally said, okay, I don't have to be mad at the Bears or whatever. And it was a neat story. And when they made the play, they were going to clinch the victory. And I don't know if they were getting raded to kneel or however it ended. It started snowing right at the end, and I'm going, now, how fitting is this somebody's watching over right now, right? And I think I got a little emotional watching it, and I was just thinking of you. The opportunity to be mister professional the whole way through and carrying your anchors by the way, and you don't have to say, and you know what must have come over you when you saw it, other than okay, I got to.
Speaker 4: Get to work now.
Speaker 7: You know, I felt it more in twenty ten when Talie Filly struck out Alex Rodriguez to win that game and beat the Yankees and go to the World Series for the first time. I found myself as a ninth inning was starting. I was walking from the auxiliary press box at the ballpark in Arlington to get in position to go on the field for the celebration, and I started welling up with tears. And once you do, you think about with baseball it's different than any other sport because baseball is a daily thing and it becomes a fab brick of your family. You know, you may just go to one or two games every now and then or whatever, but it's like the radio is on with the baseball game on all the patio and the summer it's like the sounds of summer or whatever. And so it's just part of the culture and that's what it's So it's those family memories more so than the team itself that makes it special.
Speaker 5: I think, like a guy my age, your age, Bill, who was your who was your team before the Rangers Yanke making man play for They see that that was the thing we grew up and then all of a sudden at twelve thirteen years old.
Speaker 4: Oh we got a team. Yeah.
Speaker 5: At first it was just Cowboys. We didn't have Metphix. We have we had Aba.
Speaker 7: Basketball, Mavericks didn't come around to nineteen eighty one Stars didn't come around to.
Speaker 4: My allegiance was always saw it with another team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then here these guys come, these bumps, you know, and like, I mean, come on, they were they were fourteen to fourteen homes you know, for the leader, and I was it took me a long time to you know inglatiated to.
Speaker 7: Which, which gets back to can you imagine the Cowboys what it would be like when the Cowboys win it again? Because I mean, I mean we're talking all the way back to nineteen sixty. Now it's not only the most successful over the course of a half century, but also it's the oldest franchise here in town. So and all those memories. Now my daughters don't remember the Super Bowl from the.
Speaker 4: Nineties and so wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we're by the way getting ready to celebrate it again. Well we've had we'll find out on a little bit.
Speaker 7: On Sunday, that's right. That'll be the motivation right there. I mean, Mavericks made it to the Western Conference Final, Stars made it all the way this past year and almost won it all. And now the Rangers have and so here we are and.
Speaker 3: FC Dallas needs to win to night to stay in their playoffs.
Speaker 4: Okay, who else we're going in there? Where we make you dum? Let's make some You.
Speaker 7: Know what I would like I've been on this Ranger beat all week. I would like to know what's going on with the Cowboys this week? Well, you back here on mix shots the moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Little Swager Brisky in the Smoker, Miller Light and the Cup America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 3: Snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped, flapped.
Speaker 7: He'll look for a funk style.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio. Sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip of from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi. And we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PETSI finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Shots.
Speaker 6: The Salvation Army's twenty seventh annual Red Kettle Kickoff returns to AT and T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly Parton rock the stage during the halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head to head with the Washington Commanders, Tune in at three point thirty pm on CBS.
Speaker 7: By the way, those Washington Commanders have a different look to them. Yes I do. I always in this studio.
Speaker 3: That defensive line exactly.
Speaker 4: Wow, that was the strength of that team.
Speaker 3: It was so when you out to talk cowboys again, other than with us, Like, what do you need to know so we can get you back.
Speaker 6: In back up to speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Actually, I got a parade, the Ranger Parade tomorrow. I'm going to miss tomorrow. Figure yeah, and so well here and as soon as we get done with this, I'm doing a segment with David Moore for the Coaches Show. I'm doing the lead ends on the Coaches Show.
Speaker 3: Well, the only injury notes you need to know, and we already discussed it is Tyron Smith. They're hoping can practice on Saturday, and if he practiced on Saturday, he'll.
Speaker 2: Be good to go.
Speaker 7: Oh, so they're.
Speaker 4: Trying to get stinger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now practicing. Actually, what else you got over there, Savannah.
Speaker 6: I've been doing a lot of studying on the Eagles this week, and they've had eight different starting secondaries this season, and the Eagles secondary has given up twelve touchdowns with a ninety six point nine rate, so they're twentieth in the league as far as giving up those touchdowns. So I've been just taking my notes on all of the depth chart for the Eagles and doing all the things. But I'm trying to focus on their defense a little bit as well, just matching up with our offense what they can do, because their coach was saying that his goal is essentially to confuse Dak Prescott. That was something I read this morning.
Speaker 5: Shocking they would think of that one thing you see from Billy All quarterbacks, if you're going to have an issue, most likely it won't come from the outside. When Dak has problems, when I was looking at Kirk Cousins the other night having problems, it's always the pressure up the middle.
Speaker 4: That's what always gives you a problem.
Speaker 5: What we've been good at and what Dak has been really conscious of is keeping his eyes down field because the rush he knows is going to come because his offensive line is been having some issues and he's been able to step up and out. If he can't step up, then you got a problem. If you can't step up, then that's where you get the pressure in your face, and that's where you get that throwing and not just him, any quarterback throwing in the middle and they can't see where the defenders are. If they could just keep those guys at Bay up front on those those two tackles and those go or whatever, then that gives your quarterback a chance to escape because the defensive ends are coming so far wide upfield.
Speaker 7: Which brings me to Jalen Carter. Yeah, because Jayleen, what I read before I went to Phoenix to cover baseball, Jalen Carter was going in to have an exam on his back and then he's a full participant in practice yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And uh now they now they're full practice was a walk through, I think, right, And they've got they've got I was a full participant in their practice too.
Speaker 3: They've got him listed as the backup to Jordan Davis, but they play both of those guys, right.
Speaker 7: Jayden Carters made an impact as a rookie first round pick.
Speaker 3: And so that might be one of the reasons why you know, we sit here and go, Okay, if Tyron Smith can't play, then why don't they move Tyler Smith over there? But you've got that middle locked down with him be Ottish and Zach Martin, and that might be in there thinking that, you know, we can give the tackle help. Which, by the way, after the first sack of the first play of the game, when the doga got beat, I started watching it and it was like the tight ends over there, the running backs over there, and they're not going to sit there and sacrifice their offense.
Speaker 7: By the way, that was my guy from Brown University who got him on the first sack of the game. Michael Hoyt. That was the one that I was talking about last week. First play of the game, there he goes, and then he didn't hear award from him the rest.
Speaker 3: Of it, although the second play of the game and then the third play of the until they got the holding call. They kind of turned things around, you know, when you were talking about Dak and confusing him. I saw the note and I think it was in the story from Philly that Dak is eight and three against Philadelphia in his career. And remember he didn't play against him last year. He was hurt. That was a Cooper Rush game that they won.
Speaker 7: You're talking at Philly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's three and oh the last three times he's been able to play Philadelphia, with eleven touchdowns, one pick, and an average of two hundred and ninety three point three yards passing in those three games. So they understand what he can do to them.
Speaker 4: And this is the first matchup between he and Jalen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I believe so, because Jalen Jalen's I want to say, he's one and two against the Cowboys and the one was last year against Cooper run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but again I think the other one was in twenty twenty maybe his rookie year when he started at the end of the year and Dak was already out for the for the season, right, So yeah. Uh. And the other thing I thought was interesting, uh this week was, you know, they kept getting asked, how do you do how do you practice how do you stop the the tush push or the push tush? I don't know which wayush push, no, push to push to tush right, And basically it was getting pointed out and Mike pointed it out. It's like, well or no, maybe it was Mike yesterday. It was like, well, you can't practice that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he did say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, We're not gonna go out there and hit each other.
Speaker 4: And you know what angle we can dive in to stop him.
Speaker 3: From Yeah, exactly. And it's like it's not it's not like you can practice against it.
Speaker 5: So yes, sir, your hands raised, Yes, mister, may I clarify something here?
Speaker 4: I had go Bill.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys played the Philadelphia Eagles on September twenty seventh, twenty twenty one, and the two starting quarterbacks were Jalen Hurts for the Eagles and Dak Prescott for the Cowboys. And the Cowboys won that game forty one to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Elly or here that was.
Speaker 5: That was when Jalen threw the touchdown by going out of bounds and by oh by the way touchdown and uh he threw it to the Heisman Trusty winner and the guy.
Speaker 4: Went up and caught it in the end zone. So I think that yeah. I think that was when they went.
Speaker 3: Up against each other the one time, the one time, and so that was the other time that they beat.
Speaker 7: Trayvon had a fifty nine yar interception return in this game. Remember that Jalen hurts, but trey Bon's not playing.
Speaker 3: You know, I got an idea I got we don't need we got Blad.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: Trayvon was in the locker yesterday. He trickled in.
Speaker 3: That's right, he did. You know what you need to do when they do that fourth in one play, they keep trying to dive over. I think when they dive over, you need to horse collar the quarterback because you can horse collar the most tables between the tackles, right, That's what they need to do. Just yank them back. You think I should go down.
Speaker 4: Now, They're like, hey, somebody check on spags. I think he's going crazy.
Speaker 3: Because you know, I saw that I can't remember for it was a college player NFL play where the running back was going right up the middle and he got horse collar and they threw the flag and I'm going, yeah, that's a horse collar. Yeah, because they said he was in the box. He was within the box and so you can do that. So yeah, that was my idea to just go grab the quarterback.
Speaker 5: If you got to do anything. So you have the two guys in the back, they're pushing. Yeah, so you got to like designate stuff. You have to have a guy take him out and then one guy take him out.
Speaker 3: Because you got to come in and jump by right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then that's the horse the horse collar can come from.
Speaker 3: But if you're not going to practice it, how do you execute that?
Speaker 7: So I guess it's just low man wins on that they get so low.
Speaker 4: Yeah, low man wins.
Speaker 3: I guess it's all about the tat.
Speaker 7: You also have a quarterback a second squatnds.
Speaker 3: Right, and you get a center and if he and if his legs are that strong, yeah, it's kind of hard. They just need to get.
Speaker 4: Rid of the plate. Don't do that, get rid of it. Just because you can't beat it other than when you get rid of.
Speaker 3: It once once once they lose a quarterback.
Speaker 4: He's looking for a quarterback to be hurt. Yeah, and then there it is. That's the moment I was talking.
Speaker 3: They and then they'll go, Okay, we got to get rid of this play. It's dangerous. It's not it's not safe.
Speaker 4: Then he doing this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's not safe to do it when you're in the middle of the field. And they pushed.
Speaker 4: Get doing it. So that's not somebody Else's someone else to get hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I think we're out of time on this edition the mix shots.
Speaker 3: I think my header for mix shots has to be Ranger something.
Speaker 7: But what can the Cowboys duplicate the Ranger?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: How's that the.
Speaker 3: Ranger script correlate road war script has been written?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 7: There we go, there, you go? There, you good?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So you're back for two segments.
Speaker 7: And then I'm gone tomorrow. So I guess I will remind me to text you my pic to click, you know, go down Cowboys memory Lane with the Eagles.
Speaker 4: You can't put in any of yours.
Speaker 3: My favorite baseball player and I was Cory Seger and when he played the way he did in twenty twenty, when the world serious, World serious was here, series series was here. I'm going this guy is unbelievable, not just the way he hits, but at his size.
Speaker 4: Playing his brother, the Dodgers blew it. I don't know what happened, but they blew it. You know.
Speaker 7: His brother was known as a Ranger killer, Kyle Seeger with the Mariner. But now Cory Seeger has revived the Rangers team champions. It's deathbed, all right. That does it for this edition of mix Shots, and we will well they will see you tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 4: O Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club