Speaker 1: The first down, there was other move Did you feel lively out there? How do you describe your movement? Yeah, I mean obviously going through progressions and trying to hit guys first on third down, And I felt early on New England did a good job just with scheming us up with our plays and stuff, and you know, we had guys running with them anticipating our routes, I felt like, And so anyways, just going through progressions and then at the end, I'm all right, you know we need four yards here and eight yards here, and and uh so I just tried making the play with my legs and was able to move the chain. So yeah, it felt good though, like early on sort of just moving and getting into the game. It felt like so.
Speaker 2: Much about efficiency and completions and patience. I don't know if I've ever seen you throw this many deep strikes in the game today. What was what was there for the taking? You thought?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we were just ready for any I mean that that's the case for every game. Is we're ready for if they present certain coverage and then we have you know, a shot or an opportunity ready and we just got to execute and capitalize on them. And so for this game, there's a couple of plays where you know, their safeties were low and when we had guys going deep with Debo and JJ and and uh So for me, we talked about it on the sideline and and I was sort of aggressive to seeing that and and let it rip and trust those guys get under it and make plays. And that's what they did. So it was a nice bi able to connect on you know, those deeper routes and stuff like that and put that on tape and and give us all some confidence boom forward with with the deep ball.
Speaker 2: They usually play a lot of man coverage. Were they doing different things today and.
Speaker 1: More and more zone? Uh no, I think they did. They did a lot of man but with just like anticipating with their safeties, like looking guys up crossing the field and stuff and and you know sort of just ready for some of the routes that we had on And so I thought they did a good job with that, and and you know sort of making the plays that contested catch kind of play or and things like that. So you know, props to them, they did a good job. We've been doing more.
Speaker 2: Of that this year, sort of taking away those middle round the crossing routes that have been you know, your your bread and butter. Uh in recent seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, you know, in the past couple of seasons that's been you know, something that you know, we're sort of known for. But you know, people scheme us up and they do a good job with just leverage and taking away certain routes and and so for us, that's that's a good opportunity for us to be able to adapt and and work on different things as well. So every team is different. They presented a new challenge and stuff, but this week was a lot of you know, man coverage and and sort of you know, they did a good job of just funneling everything back to the middle of the field. So they did a good job with it. Reading on the Kittle touchdown certainly wasn't wide open there would just let them make a play. Like you said, Yeah, I mean, you know, the play was for him to break out and then go up. It was more of a third down play, but we thought we'd get the look for it down there. And so I saw him break out and then I would getting hit. So I was like, I just need to get my guy shot here and give him a chance, So just put it up for him and let him come down with it. So but uh, he made a he made a great play, more way better than a better throw than that was like he made he made the play. So that's that's George. You are Championship game against Lions today. At times, I mean, you're a willing to scramble and run, maybe more prevalent than do a lot in college. How is it different what you're doing now with your legs, if at all, than kind of what you did in college. I mean, I'm not dropping back thinking all right, I'm gonna act like I'm gonna, you know, throw and then just run and try to make a play. It's not like that. You know, I'm still I'm a quarterback. I'm trying to go through my reads and hit my guys and move the chains that way. And that's the position that I play and I take pride in that. And so when something's not there and teams to drop eight and they're rushing three, and the last last week we saw a play where they dropped nine and rush two, and so for for me, it's like knowing that, like I'm still gonna go through my progression, try to hit my guys and windows when I can, but if not, then I feel like, you know, I have, you know, just just the right amount of athleticism to to move and and make plays. So I don't need to be a freak athlete and all kind of stuff. I know who I am. But if something presents itself, then you know, I'm willing to do what it takes for our team to move the chains and use my.
Speaker 2: Legs like you're just.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I think my ten yards split, just to give you guys some perspectives, is faster than Christians and debo. I think you guys can fact check me. But uh, that's what I mean. Like, I think I just have enough to get out of the pocket and make a play, pick up five seven yards here or there. So I'm not Lamar Jackson's by any means, But anyways, do it takes you today? Uh?
Speaker 2: Big goals for Mason and for the most part you were upright.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought they did a really good job, man, Just obviously it starts with the run and and for those guys to be able to give Mason the lanes that he had was huge. And then in the past game, man, I thought they did a great job. You know, there's some looks where it's a little crazy and stuff in there, but you know, I think they did an amazing job giving me time. A lot of me see guys downfield and hit those third level throws. So that's a prop to them. Man. So they had a chip on their shoulder this week at practice and we all did and so and with that being said, I still think we can all collectively as an offensive and it'd be better and execute and situations. So but very proud of those guys. Uh interception BA across the middle of the field. I saw him early and then I went to lead him and I didn't see Jibriel Peppers. He sort of fell off and uh and got it. So Uh's something that you know, I got to move on to my progressions and and not be greedy. I think I hitched to him two or three times, which is just isn't good as a quarterback, Like you go through your progressions based off of your hitches and you read with your feet and that when I got greedy, I saw him across the middle and and Gabriel made a good play