Speaker 1: You said in the summer that Jalen Moore was pretty much exclusively a left tackle because of necessity.
Speaker 2: Has he been able to.
Speaker 3: Get more I think it's a little work on the right side. Yeah, he's been getting work since the start of the season. Obviously, Third Wednesday's trench usually off and then Thursdays he's back at practice, so he's able to get a little bit more work at both tackles as is.
Speaker 4: We're working Spencer Burford at tackle as well.
Speaker 1: First, when you look at New England's front, what does it look like to you? They have this guy Keyon White who's big and fast and athletic.
Speaker 3: They're good man nine nine and fifty five of their are their two best rushers. The rest of the guys there's really good rushers as well. Those are the guys that stand out the most. Is their most productive sackers and things like that. They pushed the pocket real well. They're actually they're well coached defense, very good fundamentals, very good schemes. Over the course of all the time that they've been there, they've they've established a way to attack everything that every team doesn't lead you if you look at enough film, you're like they have a way. If they know what you're doing, they're going to take advantage of it. They do a really nice job. They're very well coached, very good fundamentals, and they have good alted players on defense.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the I think you said the game.
Speaker 1: Against Minnesota you felt better about the way your line played as opposed to the first week.
Speaker 6: How was the last week's game against the Rams.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of good things because you don't you know, the way we're moving the ball, and and and then the way that we you know, score points, brocks production.
Speaker 4: You know, you still have to even know we weren't. We weren't. We weren't as good to be honest.
Speaker 3: But but yet it's always with the it's there's the prone to cod. We weren't good enough.
Speaker 4: Period. We weren't as good as we were.
Speaker 3: The previous two weeks at all in past protection run game wise, it was it was it was a productive day for whatever reasons, the way the game played out and and our scoring drives, whatever I do. You can't get into all that, but the bottom line is it wasn't as good of a production. A productive day for us in past pro.
Speaker 4: Is a physical one on one guy. Physical. We just I'm sorry it was physical. Yes, I think you.
Speaker 6: Guys for the first three weeks have almost double the amount of three man rushes that you're seeing, at least that bros face in terms of passitives you think you put your finger on as to maybe why teams are doing that to you guys.
Speaker 3: More another one, I'd like to say this because we passed blocks so well, so they don't want to rush they drop, right.
Speaker 4: But that would be a heresy to say that drop. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Every has their own reasons for doing things, you know, whatever the situations are. Maybe they think what we're trying to get done, maybe we have formation things that they've thought that, hey, this is one where they're leaving people. There's so many different reasons. Like again, when Vic Fangiol was the defensive coordinator in Houston and I was in Baltimore at the time, it was as simple for him as if Todd Heap was on the ball, he knew we were releasing and we were going to have a five man protection.
Speaker 4: He rushed six.
Speaker 3: The second Todd Heap was off the ball, we're usually a six or seven man protection.
Speaker 4: He dropped eight and rushed three. So just by heat being on or off the ball.
Speaker 3: He set a whole game plan up rushing three or rushing more than three for the whole game, and that was his tell. Whatever the percentages we did it, he decided to go with it. So I tell that story to relate that whatever it could be a you know, the laundry list of things that the defensive corner looks at. Shulan says, Hey, this is why we're gonna rush three in these situations.
Speaker 4: This is what they do.
Speaker 3: This is our best chance to get them stopped or change you pay. Sometimes it's sometimes we say it's like, uh, a rolodex. They just a Rolodex defense. They're just it's okay, here's the next one, and they just roll it and just to keep you off balance, and it just depends.
Speaker 6: It would seem like that would maybe put more pressure on the line to protect longer, just because maybe things are taken a little longer to open up with with a dropping back and covers. Is that a fair assessment And what is kind of the challenge of keeping those things.
Speaker 3: I mean, you saw the plays, I mean brocks back there. Everybody gets nervous. You're like the timing of the timing of an NFL pocket we all know. We talked about it a little bit with earlier in tweets go in Minnesota. We weren't quite sync. It was it was a little bit of everybody right and and and and so the ball wasn't coming out and see you get you get one hitch, maybe two hitches, three man rush, you said, it's like, and then you're like, okay, I've taken two, I've taken three hitches and you get you see him, he's like where I go Because you're like, you're not used to just realize it's just a three man rush and so and so. Yeah, and then with us it's the same thing. You block, you're like, okay, there's one hitch. You can't see it, but you feel the timing in your head. There's two, and then the ball should be gone and you're like, oh, I didn't know what was the three man rush. And then all of a sudden, Brock's still standing back there and guys are working to get open, and it's just it's just different, you know, and you can't you can't do it out here.
Speaker 4: It just that you get used to.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh yeah, and that's what you remind him they're mixing in the three man rush. So if it feels like the play still going when it shouldn't be going, it's because it is. Because most times it's past block the balls thrown, the d lineman take off when now you're here and they're like, they're not taking off, but yet it should be.
Speaker 4: You know, there's just that whole and for us, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you me watching the game, we're like, yeah, the three three man rush, you can take some time them.
Speaker 4: I can't see anything.
Speaker 3: I'm blocking this numbered eight over me, And all of a sudden it's like, why is he still rushing?
Speaker 4: Why is the ball not thrown? And that's what happens. Mason.
Speaker 1: You could be your number one back for a while.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess no one really knows.
Speaker 4: You have to guard against.
Speaker 5: His work, you know, giving him too much working and get crazy amount of carries just in general, like philosophically, just guard against him wearing down.
Speaker 3: You always have to keep in mind, you really do you get to a point where you just have to keep an eye on a guy right, Like, say, you guy doesn't have a lot of tread on a tire. He has a lot of tread left on a tire because he hasn't run a lot in his career. So the guy's a fairly young fresh good player, ran a lot in college, but he again, he was behind a guy that was the guy. I think it's Gibbs right, that's in Detroit. So he didn't get the carries there either. So he's not like a worn down guy. So we probably can take more. You just got to keep an eye on and if you see him starting to tire, if you see cuts that don't look as Christmas they used to look, you see him missing some things. You don't see it all right now, and it takes a long time. And you saw Christian was and and you never really saw it. You see it every time and you say, yeah, I think I saw in the Washing game. I'm like, you know, we've probably he's getting ground down a little bit and we got to need to get rotate something. I think that was last year summer. I felt it, but I don't I don't remember exactly what the point of it is. You just have to keep an eye on it every player you.
Speaker 2: Do roll the defense. So did coordinators have that ability? Belichick obviously have that ability because may of borrowing Belichick's concepts already changing things out of them and played for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it hasn't changed much from last year.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's it's pretty much the same. The word is that he's tried to make it this.
Speaker 4: Was our I've heard it through the media.
Speaker 3: I don't know this to be fact, but they're trying to make a little simpler. They're trying to they felt with Bill it was always there was always pushing I don't know this.
Speaker 4: That sounded like they're pushing the envelope.
Speaker 3: And so you know, anybody even here it is with coach Belichick, right the next guy takes over, well, there's we're always gonna make it better than it was. You know, if somebody takes over for somebody takes over here for Harbor, somebody takes over here for then you know, oh yeah, well we're gonna do it this way, and they did it that way. There's always that that give and take of that. But at its core, it's the same thing, same coach, the same guys. It's gonna be their spin on it because obviously coach isn't there to still run the show.
Speaker 4: I can't call him Bill, I don't know.
Speaker 1: For years this franchise. Hid Dante's oar neck. He has the oline coach and I know he's not there, But do you have a relationship with Dante? And some people credit him with a big part of that dynasty, do you credit him with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dante was, you know, as much as an old line coach can have an influence. You know, it's still Tom Brady and it's still the head coach and still everybody else. But Dante was a you know, Dante's old school man. Dante was tough. Dante was hard cowd hard knows. They did what they did sometimes to a fault sometimes where you know, I hear Josh say, I can't get anything past the old man to run a new player or a new concept. But what they did was very, very good. They were very sound fundamentally and there was no bs. Now that's kind of how that organization was run from top to bottom. But he was at the heart of it. He was a big part of it on offense to make sure that everything was was held together.
Speaker 4: And tight, and he did a great job.
Speaker 3: I knew Dante way back when I don't have I don't have a very close personal relationship with Dante, but Dante is really good. You know, I went through some hard times and there's a lot of people that there's some people that haven't reconnected with me. Dante was a guy that very early and all that reached out to me. Dante's a guy that afterwards was very open. When Dante retired for a brief time, he said, Hey, if you ever have time to come by and visit me, I'd love to see you.
Speaker 4: We could sit and talk some ball.
Speaker 3: I want him doing retirement till he came back to coach the next year or two after that.
Speaker 4: But Dante's is just.
Speaker 3: A really quality man, a hard working guy, and I really respected what he did. All we didn't do things the same way I respected Howard Mudd was another guy like that.
Speaker 4: Respected so much of what he did. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't do a lot of it the same way, but I really respected what they did. You make of Gondo's performance, loved him, loved and we had Oh man, if you guys watched All twenty two, if you saw the play Banks went up to get a linebacker and kind of didn't go right at him. He kind of slipped and fell on his button. But it's right about on a fifty. That's a good feeling right right right on the emblem. He fell backwards and missed the linebacker on that play. If he'd have got on that guy, there was a crease that he would have loved to see if you would have hit it. If he just could have, I thought he might have split the safety.
Speaker 4: You know. He he reminds me of another thirty one we had here in his running.
Speaker 3: He's got that upright good speed running style and I'm not putting him in that category yet, but he really doesn't. I want to see him get a chance to get We just haven't got him in the space yet.
Speaker 4: I like him. He's got a ways to go.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he's got a lot of developing to do, and that position is a hard, tough position. But he's nothing but positive upside. He really looks to be that I wan't say change of pace. Shoot, he could be your lead dog. But but he's got that that little that extra gear. We've been looking for a change between Christian's playing fast, JP's playing fast.
Speaker 4: But he's got a little bit something different from those guys.
Speaker 5: And I realized it works for most but usually you hear us, you know, Uprice is not good. You're gonna get smashed around of the NFL.
Speaker 4: It it can't be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you know you're gonna hit. I mean you've seen Raheem say the name of thirty winters. Raheem right, Raheem. Raheem was the track guy. He's upright runner. You saw it right, he'd run and truely be gone. He's learned to play with pad level when he needed to. But it does you play with the lower center grabbar, you play lowder of the ground, you're not gonna be as fast. That's why spinners don't run hunched over right. I mean, these guys are spinners, are straight up right, and they're running their butt off. And so that's that's Isaac. And I really like the way he runs, and he has learned to he's learning to get his pads down, so it's not always great, but it hasn't slowed him down yet, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: M