Speaker 1: Check it down, then.
Speaker 2: No Down.
Speaker 3: Then Thursday noon, August twenty four, twenty twenty three, it's Beating the Book podcast kil Alexander US Open Tennis preview.
Speaker 2: Love it last Slam of the year, hardcourt slam and what has been for me admittedly tremendous CLV not a damn winner kind of season. That is just how it's been. Hopefully that turns here. It's turned a little bit the last week here, but hopefully for the US Open it turns it as always to help us with a tennis slam, it's our buddy who is the co host of not just the Deep Dive podcast which he does with Andy Moletor, but also NBC Sports Bet the Edge Pod. It's Drew Didzick. Everybody wail Underscore Caper on Twitter.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Drew, I'm tremendous Gille. Always a fun day when we get to see a slam draw. It is there's only four of them a yere.
Speaker 2: Only four year. This is the one where we're like, oh wait, a minute's after the morning show, so we kind of have to figure out when to put it out the podcast. Unlike the French were sometimes we're doing it while it's happening, and I guess we should start by say, first of all, for those who aren't watching this because we only put out a clip, but you are outdoors doing this. You're saying in central California, so you look great out there. Thanks for doing this, appreciate it. Here are the two headlines. You tell me if I'm wrong, Boy, is this greased nicely? For Djokovic on the men's side and man is Ega in trouble on the women's side.
Speaker 1: Agree sincerely with the first point, and I think you could have actually made that even stronger. Yes, And uh second point, I disagree.
Speaker 2: Oh really really, I like to hear it.
Speaker 1: So this is a little bit of a maybe seems mentally contradictory, and maybe I've just been in the sun too long this summer. That's possible, also possible, But uh, I think I was most nervous about running into Cocoa Golf. And at face value, she's in your quarter but uh, she has got a very very tough path to get to the quarterfinal. Whereas you, guy, I feel like it gets a buye. I see what you mean right there? You I see okay, okay, I mean do you look at the you look at the bottom of the section, like like Q one is stacked. It is sex That's that's true. But they're all on the bottom, which is Coco's Porsche.
Speaker 2: No, that is a good point. That is a good point. Let me let me tell you why I didn't have it that nuanced, Because have you tried looking at these draws on both the ATP and the WTA sites when they first come out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, disaster disaster.
Speaker 2: So like, for first of all, I texted you when I looked at the I looked at the men's side first, and I'm like, wait a minute, how can there be all these amazing matches of the first half And I'm like, oh, the first round. I'm like, oh, okay, that's wrong.
Speaker 1: What's especially you know, it's especially funny, man, the US Open does uh they do the least amount of fanfare with the draw, which is a mistake, a mistake, like they should they should make this an event. You know, get get there's you know, you know where there's famous people hanging out that love tennis, New York, New York. You know that they would love to come and participate in a US Open draw, and you know the fan the fanfare involved with the French Open and Wimbledon especially is awesome. New York needs to embrace that. Instead they just you know, bang, the computer spit this out. Well, if the computer's spitting it out, you shouldn't have a problem getting the right physical you know, like the PDF draws on the website, right, they.
Speaker 2: Fail, So so you're right. I'm looking at Q one, which again, like just like you said, the reason I said it the way I said it was because yes, if you look at Q one as a whole, it's about seven well it's called six really good players deep. But EGA's side of Q one has an out of form Kadermatova, and I guess, and I guess Patrick Viteva would be the main, the main challenger on her side, but the other side has golf Us the Pinco Collins and Andreva.
Speaker 1: I think Vidva is on the on the other side too. But just like I think she would be the fourth round opponent for I'm going off memory, I think she would be the fourth round oponent for golf. Golf. Golf has something insane like.
Speaker 2: Okay, this webs ut website can go to hell. It can go to hell, yeah, because it's ridiculous. If that's true.
Speaker 1: Basically, Coco drawing Andreva round two I think is trouble and and and like, I'm not an idiot, Andreva has a lot to prove. Thinking that she's all of a sudden a top twenty player when she's just you know, had a couple of breakout performances this season is maybe asking, you know, asking a lot of her. Yeah, but but but the facts are she just hasn't played as much tennis this season this season, particularly recently, as Coco has, so she's a fresher opponent and she's very dangerous. I know, Coco ousted her at the French Open, and that was an interesting thing single match market to watch because I feel like Andreva opened up like plus one twenty and got that almost favorite or maybe even close favorite there. But and Coco ultimately got the better of her because she's just a very more experienced player. But this table's had turned a little bit coming in off of a huge title. She's played a lot of a lot of tennis in the last month and a half. And Andrewa, I think is a very live for an early upset for Coco. Coco does, yeah, if she gets through there. Her round three opponent is nasty around four opponent, I think is is a tough test. Whereas I I look at I think it's like Austin Pinka and kuter Matova are sort of the other ranked players in and around Egas section, and honestly, either of one of them even gets to play Ega in round four, I'll be surprised. I really look at that top half as Ega basically got to buy it withnd Bye the week two, maybe even buy it the quarterfinal and she could face Golf or Golf could get ousted early, but he away. I feel like Ego was most at risk in this tournament if she ran into Coco at the semi final stage or at the final stage, and Coco had a just a little bit easier path, and instead she gets her at the quarter final stage and Coco's got just an absolute gone at march to get there, I can't let to get there. So I, after digesting a little bit, I feel like this is now kind of eagest to lose. And I know her second servicesues are real. I know that you know she won last year pretty ugly, but I talk about let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about Ego for sure, who has won four Grand Slams. Just turned twenty two years old. She has won I want to say fifteen tournaments. Don't hold me that, but it's it's right around there. So she's like in you know, the on pace Serena schedule things. However, the difference is this and no one loves Ega more night. But she's very Jay Rod and I on Twitter talk about this a lot. She's really odd when it comes to certain tournaments and her being satisfied with the levels she gets to in those tournaments. This makes sense. So there's certain tournaments where she's like, well, I've never been to the Semis before I got to the Semis, so that was good enough for me.
Speaker 1: Mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a little it's an odd little quirk with her. Now obviously it doesn't doesn't matter with the French. She've already won a US Open, She's won tons of thousands, rights and master's tournaments, so she's it's not like when you look at accumulative that there's anything to complain about, but there are some odd performances as a result of that kind of mindset. And she's the one with the you know, with the psychologist, with the sports psychologist who's on you know first person to do that, as I recall, maybe the second, So I don't know, it's just a weird little quirk. She still looked. Look for those who are are newish to tennis and are listening to this. When you look at raw hardcore numbers egas number one period across the board, Coco and Vondrasova is who I have two and three, believe it or not, followed by the Sabalanca, the coolist of the world. I don't know where you have them stacked, but that's kind of where it stacks up right now. But he is the best. But I'm curious if you've noticed that sort of behavior and sort of wondered about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I I have noticed it, and I think it's somewhat relatively straightforward to explain, which is, she's peerless, so she has to measure success by personally beating her past performance, right, she just needs to show progress within some way of you know, measuring it against well, what did I do here last year? Right? That that's my guess because again, like that, there's no one else in her generation who's performed even close to what she's done to this point. And you know that she's kind of in a she's in I mean, you know, Cocoa Gough, I guess would be sort of the other kind of young upcoming player. She's got three years on Coco like and just in raw age. It's a big three. Yeah, no question, And so you know, I think, you know, it's just tough for her to say, like, you know, you know, she's been world number one forever. You know, like you've got to find a way to motivate yourself. You got to find a way that kind of self evaluate and measure success. And I think that's the way she does it. She's a weird she's a weird athlete in a lot of ways. But I think her uniqueness also affords her a little bit of a mental edge against a lot of the other women on tour. And you know, I think they are pretty sorry about no problem, Sorry about that, Sorry.
Speaker 2: About Joe has a phone call through skype issue that we're working through. That's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how to don't know how to shut this up, sorry guys, But yeah, I get the sense that there are parts of her game that she, you know, desperately needs to really sharpen and improve. And if she tightens up like her second serve and in general tightens up some of her you know, decisions about aggressiveness and managing aggressiveness throughout a match. You know, then she'd be unstoppable. And I think she ultimately will get there.
Speaker 2: I think that ultimately she will know question he get there?
Speaker 1: I'm super yeah.
Speaker 2: By side note, it has nothing to do with anything. But when you said ultimately she would get there, you know what. I just read this this week. This has nothing to do with anything, everybody, So I apologize. Todd wished that. My buddy sent me in the mail about three months ago. He's like, dude, if you read Agassi's autobiography, and I'm like no, He goes, you'll love it. I go, oh, okay, should I get it. He's like, I'm gonna send it to you. That's how much I think you'll love it. Have you ever read his autobiography? It is no spectacular. It was written in like two thousand and seven. No, don't hold me to that, but somebody it was like about fifteen years ago. And here's the spoiler of the whole thing. But I would recommend everybody go read this because it is such a fascinating book. The headline is he hated tennis. Hated it, right, So, like he struggled his whole career with this, you know, because his dad was the taskmaster. He became, you know, this great player. He always hated it for all the things, and yet in the end he became the number one player in the world in one a slams. Right, So it was like this whole thing, we're back and forth. So not at all comparing that to to ego in any way, but it is the mental side of this is so fascinating, right, And so for someone like her, I mean, you say, great, you're making me feel even better about ego when you're like, she's peerless. So she's like inventing goals.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating, fascinating, and I mean, good for her for doing it, because you know that we are not that far removed from another peerless athlete in Naomi Osaka, who lost you know, went off the reservations and you know, she never recaptured it, and I don't know if she will ever return to tennis. It's just kind of a mystery. Yeah, And uh, you know I think that you know, her vacating kind of the next great hardcore player has certainly been a huge, you know bump and you know, kind of really allowed the same same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the path was cleared. Yeah, ye, the.
Speaker 1: Path is cleared for her. So it's it's pretty pretty huge. And I mean, you know, half I had to make. You know, maybe I'll save it for the end, but yeah, I mean I think probably takes this one, and this is number five.
Speaker 2: This if she takes this one, and I you know, I'm not betting on anyone else to take it. I have a quarter bet, which I just hinted at. But I ega.
Speaker 1: Is ah, you like the same bets I like. I think we didn't even we didn't even preview this good.
Speaker 2: Oh, Se, just say what I like. I like vondro Sova in yeah, I love Marquete Vandrosova, who let me just say this, and you were great because I said I said to you after the Wimbledon pod after Wimbledon completed, I like Vondrosova, by the way, plus four fifty at DraftKings and Q three that is Jesse Pegoula's quote unquote quarter if you will. But I like Vondrosova plus four fifty, I said to you after the Wimbledon pod or after Wimbledon completed, and Vondrosova ends up winning Wimbledon to win her first major. I was like, Drew, you and I didn't even mention her once, and your response I think was appropriate, which is, can you blame us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why would you? Why? She had played like two grass patches in her life coming into this season, so I even considering her would have been at malpractice. Yeah, some people, I'm sure saw enough quality in week one to get on board at pretty absurd prices for her. And you know, I think she showed a constitution which matters for slam tennis, right she got you know, she she did not She did not lose her pool when she was being outplayed by Svidelina. She just steady eddied her way through that match. You know, she had some moments where it looked like on was kind of keeping it, you know, putting it together. In the final, she put her head down, you know, it was bonders of she put her head down, and she she just powered powered through it. And I think, you know, I would typically look at a player like her who was coming off of what's a seemingly one of type of slam last time out, not really having a huge impressive run of form to back it up on hardcourt, and I would say, well, you know, she's got the she's got the career accomplishment, she's in exhal mode and this is just doesn't mean much to her, and you know, we can probably rule her out off that, but she got a great drap and she doesn't seem to necessarily be built that way at least just her her mentality that she showed in Wimbledon specifically has me thinking this, and I tend to agree with you. I think you know we're way ahead. Heartbe card before the horse here. But yeah, my final prediction would be over Andrisua.
Speaker 2: Oh in the finals. Yeah. Like I said before, only spot Tech and golf have better hardcore numbers talking about well spot tech year, six months, one month, however you want to slice it up. Golf, obviously we have to include the short of short term, because she has been in a short term basis the best. But Vondrasva just you know, twelve month, six month, one month kind of thing, like just consist across the board one O seven five talking about serve and return percentages one O nine point seven on a six month one So I mean it's tremendous. So I definitely have her winning that quarter. You've got her in the finals against Egot. I would love to see that final. Uh so you think von Tresilva in the finals. I have her winning the quarter, which means you do too. What bet do you have here, sir that you'd like to share.
Speaker 1: So well? Definitely, you know, I think kind of breaking down the rest of the quarter is Q two is the one that I think you're looking for an absurd price on. Count me among the people who are sincerely concerned about the health and fitness of Elena Rebakana. Yes again, kind of going back to the US Open draw criticism. Uh, they picked I think the worst photograph of her I've ever seen to put on like the on the social media that they did. You know how they did Ego's quarter, the Goola's quarter right right like well in AIDA's quarter, like they literally like found some absolutely beleaguered photo of her from Cincinnati or or Canada or something, and she's like, oh no, like wow, geez, like she's gonna be okay, like what's going on here? But no, I think it's it's it's generally fair to wonder if she's going to be able to hold up in the heat, humidity, and it's generally fair to you know, think that you know, she needs like a good amount of time to fully regroup from the illness that she came that came down that she forced her to withdraw from Roland Garros. And I still think that she's probably, you know, a top three player going forward. I think, you know, kind of looking at the you know, the current one, two three in terms of you know, the year end race with Sa Blanciga and Rebakna, like, yeah, those are your three neutrallly best players if they're all informed. But right now, I don't think you can put her in that category, which means she's, you know, she's a risk of retirement, she's a risk of withdrawing, she's a risk of getting upset, which opens, I think opens the door for Q two to anyone because I certainly don't have any any strong confidence that Sachary is going to do anything in this tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I have no bet currently in Q two nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, And I think the answer really is wait to see where the qualifiers land and see if we can get like one hundred to one on somebody. But maybe so you know, because that if there's a if there's a totally ridiculous surprise that's going to come from there. The Q three we.
Speaker 2: Look through it and see, like, who would I ridiculous? Who would I be shocked by? I mean everybody? Right, Lynchu's playing well, but I'm not betting on her fifty to one. No, what about a Sloan Stevens who obviously won this tournament. But she's fourteen to one. It's not like she's super long.
Speaker 1: No, sound a big enough price, right, that's not a good price. Really, like the whole sect in tier, which is usually where you shop when you kind of feel like the you know, the favorite is vulnerable. No one in that that tier really inspires me. So Q two is going to be a wild card I think, not not a technically a wild card, but you know what I mean, like a shocker totally, which again kind of helps the case for ego. Like if she's taken on a beaten up Cocoa in the quarters and then gets a wild card in the semis, and you know, is fresher for the finals and whoever comes out of the bottom, that's huge.
Speaker 2: Right now, Though you must pick a you must pick a way you don't have to bet on this, but you must pick a winner right now. For Q two, the person you would say real quick would be I'll say it with you, last name three two one Mukova.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's Mukhova. But she played so much tennis in Cincinnati too, Like, I really.
Speaker 2: Did you think that since it? Did you get the feeling that the players were over that tournament this year?
Speaker 1: Didn't get that read I My takeaways were more like, why are they taking this so seriously? Right? Like? Why was Djokovic? Why was Djokovic Autkraz the most to the death? Yeah? Why was that the most hotly contested best of three match we've seen in ten years? That was? That was so so it was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I said out loud. I'm like, can you imagine that? Like Southern Ohio? Like the they ended up with this match? No, no disrespect to Southern Ohio, but it's not It's notn New York City, you know what I mean. I was like, Wow, this is bizarro and it was amazing. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: That was the best Masters final that I can remember. Uh, I'm sure there's one. I'm sure there's one from years ago that I'm forgetting there's probably a given.
Speaker 2: The given the players though, I mean, you're right, what was the call? Like I forgot his name? The the uh, the Australia South Africa. I think is a shot making of the gods. He said in the middle of yes, yes, that was was That's very very correct, Yes, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that. That match was incredible. I was kind of like, these guys don't really they're not really They're not just going to point for the US Open. They're really gonna leave it all out here. Okay, let them, let them go. I'm enjoying it. Same thing with the Ega Cocoa match. You know, that felt like that, that felt like it had consequence. And wait again, like I'm more nervous about the you know, the ego's potential at the you know, in Flushing Meadows, if you know, if Coco's coming from another part of the draw, that's not as challenging because you know, snapping a lifetime seven zero streak where you are not competitive in all seven not competitive, you know, that's a big mental hurdle to clear. And I think, you know, whatever work Coco is doing with Brad Garrett Brad Gilbert, uh and whatever. Her just a general you know kind of focus and pressure she's brought to this swing considering how poorly her season started. Like I'm happy for I really wanted, you know, her to take this step forward and I was kind of like a little nervous and distressed about the quality we were seeing from her and uh, you know in the fall, in the winter and spring and you know even into the summer. So I'm glad she's she's here. But I think that she got absolutely she was the cold water. She got the cold water for me with this draw, because I would have said, you know, twenty four hours ago, out have been like she should be your absolute, no doubt, second choice yep for this for this title. And now I think like if she gets to the semi finals, she's got to feel really really positive about that. And if she gets there, I think she's going to be on fumes. Now that that said, you know, again we're talking about a Q two opponent who might be you know, like the Magdalenette of the Australian Open kind of setup. You know, like like just a truly happy to be here type of player, and that might be you know what she needs to ultimate get this title, so I'm not ruling it out, but a boy, I feel like she, you know, her her probability and her odds and her prices all of a sudden here upside down, considering how tough that path is. Two three, we talked a little bit about the Goula's quarter.
Speaker 2: I love that from the well.
Speaker 1: The next way, and that is sound quarter. But I think I think I'll save my favorite bet for just a minute here. But the Google's quarter is tough too. She does not have an easy path out of there at all.
Speaker 2: I think that was Samsonova keys for undress bottom.
Speaker 1: There a lot of really yeah, a lot of a lot of really players with success at this a venue, players with who are playing well now like there's a lot of there's a lot of trouble for the Gooula in there. My guess is that quarter comes down to von Drusiva versus sam Sonova. But I'm not sure if you all some of the offshore prices. But sam Sonova has drifted aggressively in a couple offshore markets, so it's almost I feel like someone almost knows that something's not right with her physically. I have not heard this, But I'm getting this weird pattern of when my price is very off market on sam Sonova, I am just getting railroaded both ways. Like I'm like, you know, with like the Rebecca Samsanova match in Canada, I was like, why is this not mine's two fifty Rebecca? What is going on here? She went off as like a small favorite there I could I could not. I could not like square that price even remotely. And of course sam Sonova comes back from one to six and wins that.
Speaker 2: I think I had sam Sono for that day, had yeah, yeah, that was the one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's been playing well, and you know, I think she can get out of her section, and but I don't think she beats Van Drusiva, and I worry a bit about her physically, And again the drifting of her price has got me spooked, like someone knows she's not physically well. She's always a question mark about winning seven matches, So I anny good conscience, say play whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, she's always drew, She's always a question mark when she has seven match points, let alone do any seven matches.
Speaker 1: What was that last year against Do.
Speaker 2: You remember that? I was on a plane for that and I was I had her in that match, and I could not believe what.
Speaker 1: I was watching. I was in Hawaii. I almost threw my phone over the back too, was like, what is what has happened?
Speaker 2: Speaking about this? Has nothing to do with that. Anybody speaking of that? I had I texted you. I don't know if I texted you on this. I had Mark Andrea Westler. I believe that's an I don't know like you pronounce it. I had him against Schivchenko last on Sunday, the day of the Alkoraz Djokovic match in Winston Salem. They played a few matches the first day and I I got him at plus two hundred. He was plus one fifteen by match time, which is maybe the sickest CLV I've ever got in my life on anything. He's up for love in the final set and Chivchenko quits. This is be Yeah, So that was you talk about, Like the Samsonova throwing the phone, That was about as close to pure abject frustration as I've ever gotten on any of this stuff. I'm like, when you're good, you're you can't win.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes that's the harbinger of really good things are coming. Right. If you're if you if you're because like if you're reading the matches right, but the people looking at your accounts are like, well he sucks. Yeah, yeah, this guy's leading, Like give him what he wants. Sometimes that's the that's the sign that it's about to go hot. So I'll give you that as a lifeline there. But yeah, I know sam Sonova and to me, I think this is how Q three shakes out. I like in that match and really like, if you can crack Q three, I think you've got a finalist. And I think you got a finalist.
Speaker 2: Price does le Fernandez interest you at all in any form?
Speaker 1: No, she's done it before.
Speaker 2: He's done it before. By the way, Emma's not in this. Emma Rotakanu is not a part of the draw.
Speaker 1: Where is she? I don't believe, so I don't think. I think she's still recovering from risks. Yeah, don't quote me on that though the maybe back surgery I can't remember, but she'll be back next year probably the Q four For me at least, this is I'm not exactly sure why sablink is plus one twenty ish. I feel my number to say she should be over fifty percent there, and it's because Q four is weak. And yes I'm including John's Drew bor in that commentary. And I think my favorite way to play the women's draw is a stage of elimination. Rina Sablanca semi finals.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's the number.
Speaker 1: It's going to be big. It hasn't popped yet, but it's going to be like, yeah plus two fifty ish would be my guest because she's got a winner re quorter and then lose that that match in the semis. And I count me among the people that believes that this is an actual thing with her right now that you know she cannot get past whatever mental demons exist. Regarding the semi final experience. The one semi final was Magdalenett. Yeah, I mean, if that was a tougher, that was not Magdalenet in that moment was is she Is she the Australian no champion? I don't know. All I know is that, uh, you know, I don't know that you can really hold Wimbledon against her because on like raised her level pretty impressively in that match to oust her. But some of the other talk about, yes, yeah, for sure, go there, We'll go there right next. But yeah, I mean some of the some of the semi final losses. The Mukhova French Open was the worst. You know, some of these semi final losses are she's wearing it, you know.
Speaker 2: The Mokhova one was out of control like she was. That was her match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I can't recall seeing a more aggressive meltdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was brutal. The Anjiboor thing is very is very simple, which is you You had her Wimbledon last year. She gets all the way to the finals, she loses Tobaccano, you have thirty three to one. It was a great bit. Anjibor has gotten to three Slam finals, I believe three.
Speaker 1: Three Yeah, two Wimby's in the US Open last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's lost them all. At Wimbledon, like you said, she had a couple matches. There was it Sablenka and Rabakna where she was unbelievable coming from me.
Speaker 1: Three yeah, three in a row. She she nuked Kvitova. Yeah as a dog. She came back on Rebaccna, and she came back on Sabalanca come back and yeah, the comebacks were highest level that we saw. Actually, the comebacks that was the highest level I've ever seen her play tennis. Actually, yeah, she was playing better than she played it last years before.
Speaker 2: And the flip side of that then is then she gets to the final and she gets just it wasn't that she just got beat. It wasn't very difficult to tell. It just felt like it was too much. The nerves were just it just wasn't She wasn't never gonna win. I mean, not taking anything away from from Vandersla, but it just I just wonder it. And I agree with you about this Satellanca quarter, which is did you bore it's Janction when it's Barbara Kurujikova. I guess Casakina is probably the next best option there.
Speaker 1: Sabalanca is like sixty to sixteen against her well, and my numbers is just the wrong matchup for her, Like you know, Kasakia, love her, loved love watching her play, love seeing her construct points, loved like seeing her you know unraveled, really good, sir, but for but Sabalanca is exactly the wrong person to try to get through. So yeah, I think Sablanca comes through the quarter pretty cleanly. I like plus one twenty there, and then uh yeah, I'll be against her in the semi finals until she proves otherwise unless it's literally against somebody that she has no business losing too. I mean, some of some of these losses in the Semis for Sablanca have come at the hands of like competent players like Eager Beater last year in the Semis, and that was that was not fluky, like you know, Ego was the better player ultimately, but you know that was a super even match. So yeah, until she really conquers that demon, I think, uh, you know, I think it's a bet against it in the.
Speaker 2: Semis stage of elimination. Semis when that comes down elimination true is all about it.
Speaker 1: Having anything better than anything better than plus two fifty is a bet. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at some of these other before we move on to the men's which is probably not going to be nearly as fascinating. Well maybe it will be. I'm looking at just some of the I'll use DraftKings. What else do they have here? Not to win EGA's minus three p thirty, not to win the tournament? Uh first time winner, Yes is minus two eighty. I guess no is two to one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I meant to ask you something before we move off them entirely yeah, do you have a thesis about the uh the have you duty ball? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know what is yours?
Speaker 1: I'm struggling in here. Yeah it if you don't already know. Last year they used this the regular duty balls, and a bunch of the women complaint because they use the heavy duty balls for the men. My guess is that the heavy duty balls just they don't pop as much fuzz, right, so they it's it's a little bit, it's a little tougher. It's tougher to hit through a ball when it's when it's like, you know, coming apart. So it should, in my opinion, handle the more powerful players. If they're using the heavy duty.
Speaker 2: Ball, I should should benefit.
Speaker 1: That should benefit that yeah if you if yeah, if you're trying to hit through, it should help you. So should benefit a player like Sabalanca. You should benefit a player like IgA uh Vakna if she's got it to google, if she's got it like it could shock out. If that matters.
Speaker 2: I thought, you know, I feel in the category of all complaints, I thought last year's sort of the Sunshine Double was it was it Indian Wells in Miami where they used the smaller balls. Do you remember that episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: A that I agreed with like that, I'm like, why are we doing that? I did, I mean Eagle was she hated that? But yeah, no, I'd agree with you. I think if anything would benefit But I don't know, like how much I put in that when handled.
Speaker 1: I think, I think take a player like Sabolenca, look at some of her early round winner do cors error ratios last year, compare them to what she looks like in the first couple of rounds this year, and maybe draw some conclusions. But I don't have a very strong piece of son that. I just it's a point of a point of note that things that that is different this year.
Speaker 2: One last player I just want to just for thoroughness his sake. Sloan Stevens in twenty eighteen beat Mattie Keys in Q three. That's Vondra Sovas. We both like Vondrosova. There. We didn't talk beforehand. Did you put any stock in Mattie Keys having a run good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely, yeah, if she's right physically, she could. I I don't really get what's going on with her. We saw some highs from her at Wimbledon. Net were a total surprise to me, and then we've seen some most sins, so it's tough tough to really kind of pinpoint what's going with her physically. But yeah, I'm not really not really super excited about any of the US women where they landed in rout this year.
Speaker 2: DraftKings has a prop SIA tech at Sabalaca and Pagoula versus the field minus one forty, the field is plus one hundred. What's your instinct on that? Without having to crunch the numbers.
Speaker 1: I would just put that in the EGA bucket only.
Speaker 2: Yep, my riction too, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean we didn't really give her a ton of air. We didn't here. But like, she won, she won toront she won Montreal. I've heard a lot of people saying that conditions ball blah blah blah, this is Montreal is a very very fair analog for what to expel here in conditions beat at Montreal.
Speaker 2: And she won the title on the double header for Samsonova. Right, Yes, she had to play twice in one day. By the way, A lot of people get upset about that, but like the way I understand that these tournaments in order to extend it a day it cost them so much money, so they can't when like Weatherin is involved. So essentially Pagoula got to play a tired player later.
Speaker 1: In the day. Yeah, it was effectively a title, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love her and everything. I've bet on her many many, many times over the years to to good success. But I don't I don't see it here. Yeah, all right, men'sa We started out by saying this one you did agree to, which is, oh, boy, Djokovic is in Q four, He's got, you know, an out of for ali Asim Taylor, Fritz is in there, and then sitz Bass plays Milos around it in the first round, which maybe for first round matches might be the greatest of them all, because you never know with roundage, there's always the puncher's chance in what is his last tournament? By the way, John Isner and roundage last tournament, right Isner? For sure, I don't know about rounded shit. I think it is probably.
Speaker 1: Last tournament.
Speaker 2: Keene Shikry, you said, what was that.
Speaker 1: You think this might be his last torment?
Speaker 2: I mean he hasn't. The thing is, he hasn't played in so long, for so many at least a year now, right where he's just.
Speaker 1: Gotten back on it's been on weird lower level stuff. Yeah, I kind of feel like there's a bunch of guys who are kind of making the last run out this time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How about if you're John Isner, right, or rounded any of these guys and you're like you were a spectacular tennis player. It's like Tommy Hearns right, had the misfortune of being born when Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard were born, so they just sorry, John Isner, you probably would have won a lot of tournaments, but and maybe a slam who knows, but you were born at the same time Djokovic and a Dald Federal or I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He did win a lot of tournaments. They were just all in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That's right, all to fifty. His serve is not quite what it used to be. So anyway, I just mentioned everybody of note in Djokovic's quarter, like this is a free pass to the summers.
Speaker 1: It's a free pass, and actually it's a free pass to the final because okay, there are there are four men in this draw who have better than a five percent chance of beating Djokovic, and they're all on the top.
Speaker 2: Alcarez Medvedev, Sinner and demoneur.
Speaker 1: I goes vere I was gonna yeah, and there's Verev. I'm only giving it to him because what we saw two years ago in that summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's start out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all four on the top, so he's only gonna have to play one of them.
Speaker 2: Alcarez, Verev and Sinner are all in Q one. By the way, there's other like Dimitrof, Thompson, Evans, Greeks. I mean, there's some players who had a good hardcore season, but Alcorrez, very and Center all in Q one, Q two, for my money, is the most competitive. Medvedev, Demonor or Cots, Barrettini, Montfee, rube Lev, hatching Off. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah on one.
Speaker 2: And in Q three you're you're probably right. I mean, Caspar Rude, he's not beating Jokevich, Tafo puncher's chance, but you know, not really his best this year. Davidevich, Kina all was tough, Pulgarune. He doesn't have the best hard core numbers, by the way. Quarda and then my well, shall I give a couple of quarter picks. I got Tommy Paul seven to one in Q three, I.
Speaker 1: Mean the numbers would tell you he's clearly a top ten hard quarter right now, which I feel like defies the eye test a little. But the numbers are what they are, and.
Speaker 2: I think QT I think demonor twelve to one in Q two is worth a is worth a bet. It's a tough quarter, but I really do based on numbers, I think those are the best quarter bets on the board.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't really strongly disagree the the macro view of the men's draw is if Djokovic doesn't make the final, it's because he's got he got defaulted for hitting a ball girl Like that's like, that's like I think that's just that's the scariest thing that could knock it out of this uh this, you know, this tournament. Before the final, we just.
Speaker 2: Had great During the podcast. By the way, Jimmy mccaro, Hall of Famer, welcome the podcast. He didn't have much to say about tennis. I just have to play that out, Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: I so I guess I'm not even really being glib. I don't think anyone on the bottom half of the draw realistically has a chance to beat Jokovic. This includes this pass. This includes Rune and you know, the rune part of the story is a tough one for me because I have a bunch of dead runee tickets. I remember, basically, I've greeted him. I've greated him in pens greeted him in pencil at.
Speaker 2: Bel What month did you bet those? You bet them early in the.
Speaker 1: Year, jure, it was a while ago because I figured I figured he was going to have his and lows and do well in the mass you know, do all the Masters, but you know, kind of struggle at the Slam level, figure out best of five as we went through the season, and you know, maybev peaking when everyone else was gassed when we got to the you know, the US Open. But it did not play out that way. He went deep into the French Open, he went deep into Wimbledon. He really really really kind of fired all of his bullets in the spring and summer, and he is a limpid right now. And you know when he won Paris last year is his breakout tournament that was it was a Masters. It's worth It's at the end of the season, so people kind of forget about it. I think Jack Sock won one year, or you know, Jack Sock made it one. Yeah, Jack Sock might have won it one year. I feel like Philip Kravinovit Kredenovich went to the finals one year there, like Paris has some weird results, but the Rune result was special because he beat Djokovic head to head in that final, and it was like, oh my god, like he's got that level. That's awesome. Like Djokovic was super informed and he beat him head to head, and so you have that kind of mental ammunition. You're you're you're gonna win a Slam one day, and you know, I kind of assumed that it would be a summer of back and forth battles between Djokovic and Outkraz, and those two might be, you know, take enough damage that Rune could sneak you know, an early, an earlyish title, because sometimes the US Open is a debutante type of experience. You know, it was it was for Medvedev, it was for al Kraz last year, it was for a team finally getting his first title, and you know, like you know, you know, there there is a whiff of that. But the problem is Djokovic just hasn't played very much tennis this year, right, Like he is way way way later load to this point of the season than he normally would be, and I think that matters. I think that because some of his US Open results over the balance of his career are the least impressive of the slams, which doesn't entirely make sense, but you know, you know, he doesn't do especially well in humidity, he doesn't do especially well in daytime matches in community and oh, by the way, they play the men's final in the day, in the heat of the day, and.
Speaker 2: It looks like he was going to collapse in that match against Alcarez in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. It's not he doesn't. He does not perform especially well physically in these conditions. So he's got that. He's got to overcome that, truly. But you know, just the fact that he hasn't really fired as many bolts this year, I think matters. And Brune, on the other hand, is just absolutely on fumes. Now. If Rune like surprises and makes a run here, like, I'll be happy for him. I mean, I would like to see him kind of get to the level of an alcoraz And and you know, give us a real deal rivalry at the Slam level for the next generation. But it doesn't. I feel like I'm a year early there maybe and then Rude. I mean, if you have Rude Djokovic semi final, I probably lay five hundred on Djokovic without really blinking if we have who and and like the other guys in that, Yeah, Tommy Paul is absolutely live to come through Q three. I suppose is always gives sure a little bit. Yeah, he's he's he's a tough, tough, tough out.
Speaker 2: But I don't believe. I don't believe in Quorda.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I don't. I didn't. I'm not gonna bet him, but you know, who knows what you're gonna get with him. But the because his highs are high, the so I think ultimately the you know, the path for Djokovic out of Q four is very straightforward path to the final in that you know, whoever comes out of Q three is very straightforward and the opposite from Again, from a macro standpoint, I don't think you could have given al kas a worse stretch to get there. It really, it's bad, it's crazy crazy. Tilted in favor of Djokovic in terms of path, al Kraaz's path includes Dan Evans who won Washington in round three. I don't think Dan is live.
Speaker 2: He was like he's gonna be and yeah, he's amazing in Washington.
Speaker 1: His Yeah, his path includes Scam Nori who beat him in Rio and in just In just in general can even if Scam does not win that match, he could make it go five hours. That's what he does. So, uh, you know he's going to potentially do a little bit of damage and then you got to play the winner of potentially Zverev sinner. Sinner plays Aucraz tough, probably should have beat him last year in the quarterfinal. I think they played that was effectively that the facto final last year at the US Open. Sinner's tough, Zaverev is tough. I've seen enough from Zverev in this run since his French Open semi that I think he's I think he's as bad as he's going to be. And the best he ever played was his US Open run where he almost beat Djokovic in the semi finals, came oh so close two years ago, and if that guy shows up, he could definitely beat Alcarez. In my opinion, I don't know that there is enough of a gap between those players to say Alcaz should be better and bigger than like minus two hundred in that match. And uh, and so it's going to be tough for Alcarez to get out of Q one. Presumably. I guess Medvedev is your favorite in Q two. I don't have a strong read Q two. And what's going on with him?
Speaker 2: Yact, Yeah, Medvedev would surprise me earlier. It wouldn't surprise me whatever happens with him. I could see him winning the court. But that that court, I'm curious who you like here Medvedev? Uh, the Drapers, yaris per cells of the world, all who have you know have have can be a little bit fright demonnor or cotts beryt tiny who had his best would be trouble mown Fie at his best is trouble, rube lev Coorich hatching up. I mean that that quarter is super state. Let me what is your point about al Khorre If you had to say, the best five hard court players in the world right now, Djokovicalkores, whichever order you want to put him in, Medvedev three, Sinner four. Who am I missing in the top five?
Speaker 1: I think Zarah at current four.
Speaker 2: Probably point being all the other four are all.
Speaker 1: Up in the top. Yeah, yeah, right, Yright and and Zvere. I mean, I'm cud a sinner is only going to have to play probably he's only going to have to play one. He may play two of them. Alcrazy may play two the but you know Medvedev uh when I usually when you see a quarter and medvedevs in there, my initial reaction as well, who's on the bottom of that quarter and it's his little brother Vera. Yeah like that that big brother little brother relationship. I don't think is over. So sorry, Rube Love maybe another year. He definitely, he's still really needs he can't get over the quarterfinal to save his life. And and I think your point is fair where all of the kind of dark horses all landed in Q two. You mentioned her catch he he I don't. I don't think he should have beaten outcast, but he was there, He was there.
Speaker 2: His serf in that tournament was unbelievable. I mean about Alcarez because this is related to that. Alcarez has played a lot of tough matches where guys have really pushed him, and he ends up winning almost all of them, except for the Djokovic one. But does that like give you a little bit of pause with him where you're like, Okay, you're not exactly crushing people at this point, no question.
Speaker 1: But it's not about the not rushing people. It's much more about your your effectively electively taking damage.
Speaker 2: You're accumulating your fatigue.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Yeah, yeah, why don't accumulate this fatigue? Win these matches and straits and preserve your best stuff for when it matters most like that should be the you know, the mental calculus. And he'll get there. Surely he's young enough that maybe it doesn't matter as much for him as it would for a player who was in their later twenties or thirties. But considering the fact that now two out of the three most high profile matches he's played this year, he's basically failed physically, I would say that a something he should have higher, you know more, more priority on not taking this fatigue. You should have you know more, And and I think coming into this tournament Alcarez a week ago before, before they played the Cincinnati Final, he was the favorite here in the US Open. I think we might have even talked about it in your show. But Wendre and the thesis was like, okay, like he's playing too much like Djokovic. If he's a dog in the head to head is the bed like this is? This is going to be pretty straightforward. I don't think there's any way Djokovic closes his dog in a final against outcrast now, not considering what he's going to go through to get there, not considering, you know, what happened in Cincinnati, and not considering how much more Tennessee's played in this hard court swing. So Outcras winning this tournament would genuinely surprise me.
Speaker 2: So if we have, we just sort of talked ourselves into a plus. I mean again, you can't mean plus one twenty five is not good enough. I guess on Djokovic to win the tournament, but it ain't terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like I have to math it out a little bit, I guess. But but two, there's value in Djokovic in pocket in two ways. One is al Krez gets popped, which he could, And one is Djokovic is just going to close like minus one fifty against him in the final.
Speaker 2: And Djokovic will have no tread on the tire and Alchorrez will.
Speaker 1: Have tens of it correct, correct.
Speaker 2: Correct correct right ergo the minus one fifty, So I yeah, I mean this couldn't have broken better for Djokovic. Could not.
Speaker 1: I really couldn't. There's whiffs of there's there's whiffs of uh, this is maybe the last one where he beats Southcres.
Speaker 2: It would also be twenty four for him from time Margaret, Yeah right, but yeah, I mean he's got that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's whips.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that did have that Cincinnati final did have a little thriller in Manila to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, great call, yes, which was exactly Ali.
Speaker 2: Ali won, but he knew in the corner, this is the end of the greatness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was it. And I I if the draw wasn't the way, it wasn't stacked in his favor, I don't know that I would be saying this with such sincerity, but I think he wins this US Open, and I think this I'm not saying that this is it, like he certainly could win the next year. He certainly could. He's you know, we still have no idea if Alcarez has the goods to win on the speed, speedy courts in Australia. But yeah, I think, I mean, you know the crossover was this year, right, Yeah, Alcaraz on the way up, on the way down. And what happens next is alcaz is minus two hundred every time the play, you know, so it's it's this is it thought. He's got to recognize that too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he does, though, I mean I can I'll cite the Agacy book again. I mean when you read so when you read about a guy's career like that, where you just when he gives you a window into his mind every not only every tournament, but every match where his head was with Brooks Shields, where it was with you know, Deffie Groff, like all this, all the things that are going on in his life and how as it better. We would never have had any idea, right, we would never have been able to know the intangibles. But with a guy like Djokovic, you kind of know you're getting it every time the best. There's there's no Djokovic being distracted right at this point, So at least we have that going for you. Now your point is still well taken. I mean, Novak Djokovic is. And we'll get the up to the up to the day age. Right here, he's thirty six years old. Thirty six years old. He turned thirty six in May. Who was it?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. I'll forgive me for I don't remember who said this on Twitter, but during that match he pointed out, he goes the best tennis players in the world, The best two tennis players in the world are thirty six and twenty like that thing about how right, that's nothing. Shouldn't be that way, shouldn't be that way sports avant. I want to say it was who said that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty six and twenty and uh, you know Veederer is gone, Nadal's about to be gone on and you know, only amount of time joke which we will see. Like in other words, unlike with Ega, where the path cleared for her with with Ash Barty and as you said, Naomi was sucking. Anyone was talking who won four slams herself? Like Ego's just tied with Naomi. That's amazing to think about it that way. This would be, you know, who would be the one to challenge Alcarez moving forward? I don't know who I would rune. I guess I even.
Speaker 1: Want to go with the well, yeah, I mean I think we're expecting that at some point Center doesn't mentally go. We're expecting that at some point Rune gets a little bit more physically rote Busto. Yeah, and if either of those two things happens, then you got a three way race like the old Big Three, which would be exciting. I think that's what men's tennis wants. That's what I want to I would love to have a little rotating route where you're trying to figure out who's the best on which surface between those guys. That would be awesome. Alcarez probably is the best of those players, but there may be surface specific ways that other guys can get an edge on it. That'd be awesome. I think. I think the analog is going back to the women's side, is like Osaka took the ground from Serena and that was it. Serena realistically didn't have another shot at the Slam in her after that from what I remember, And I think that is, you know, we're close to there for this rivalry between Djokovic and alcaz And it's been a really special year of tennis because of the fact that these two have been so like like objectively close in my talent and it's because of the perfect crossover of you know, Djokovic coming off peak and Alcarez approaching and uh, you know, the leveling factors were just experience and you know, conditioning, and you know, I think reflecting on the French Open, I'm glad I was where I was market wise, but it was it's even more clear now that that was just a tactical war and the experience should have been the factor that you know mattered the most, much more than you know, ability, shot making comfortable, you know, surface We named it like that was that was just a tactical war. And that same advantage wasn't there at Wimbledon because Djokovic just had didn't have enough, didn't have enough information on what Alcras on grass was and Autumn by surprise to a degree, and I think, you know, the hard core data that I've got and the feeling that I've got, you know, kind of handicapping these players, says Djokovic wins this head to head if it gets there in a let's pretend all of this, you know, this fan fare about how how much harder alcas path is does not materialize, saverev gets popped, Center crashes out to an ultimate iron type of player around two and and and you know some some you know somebody that's that's true. Surprise wins Q two and al Kraz's path is just as plain as Djokovic is in that neutral handicap. I still think I'm laying price with Djokovic because for whatever reason Alcrez does not. He's he's a little bit too aggressive still in terms of trying to force a point, trying to like trying to end a point, and you can't play that way against Djokovic, and he needs to learn that the hard way. And Cincinnati was probably part one, and I feel like a US Open final is probably part two, and maybe it gets he finally gets solved by the family, get to Australia or maybe it's next to us, but I don't know. It could be longer, I guess. But to a degree, trying to play that way against Djokovic is asking for trouble, and Alcarez plays that way against everybody too. Like, I don't think it's an accident that he's gone like three sets against Max Pursoll. Yeah, I don't think it's an accident that he's like losing to you know, Hubert Hubert or catch right like this.
Speaker 2: Is this is a great point, Dre, this is this is Brugain. I didn't expect to talk about this three different times. But Brad Gilbert's biggest advice to Andre Agassy as his coach, which led him one could argue Brad Gilbert was with him or seven out of his eight slams, was Andre, you don't have to be perfect on every point. Let your opponent lose the point. And this was his biggest revelation. Like, Agassi's mind was blown by this because up until that point in his life, no one had ever said that to him before. And there's a little bit of that with Alcarez.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, yeah, a little bit and like and actually I may be reaching here, then we may be too far down narrative street. But uh, it felt like he could have maybe reinforced that lesson the wrong way with level, you know, like he won he won that wimble To match because he was making shots that we haven't seen tennis player making right as long as I can remember. And he did a little bit of that in Cincinnati too, But he had to really, really really work hard to make those and it's tough, it's a tough way to live. It's tough way to be. You're gonna, you're gonna, you're gonna induce a physical strength, you know, strenuous physical demands like that are tough in a five hour match, and that's probably what we're looking at. So I think to a degree, the inexperience that he will bring into this current head to head, even if it is neutral in every other way, I think I'm still lay the price with Jokerich in the funnel. And I think market wide, I don't see any like. I don't see like a set of circumstances where the market makers all sided flip and say no, no, al Karez needs to be the favorite US, right, Djokovic, I think I unless he's literally limping in off of an injury, I think Djokovic goes off minus.
Speaker 2: One fifty, which, again, short of having done the math here on a match by match basis and hypothetical lines, plus one twenty five would be a nice thing to have in pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right, because the other universe where it's Djokovic against right now, yeah, sinner, I mean, you know the other universe where Alkaraz gets popped. You know, Djokovic is like minus five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The last thing I was I was at the uh was that sports book at at Aria the other day and somebody asked me. They're like, oh, you know because they listen to the show. They're like, I, you know, you know, we know you're ahead of the curve on Ega. You were ahead of the curt on Alcoraz. Is there someone out there like that now? And I said that, like, well, you know, the reason that it was more about Ega than Alcoraz is because with the big it was harder to project Alcoraz like when that would be that he would overcome this, And now we're here and those guys two and three are retiring at least if Nadala in fact goes through it that here within a year, which you will. And the answer that I came up with, I was like, the difference is is that in those days, you know, you knew that those three guys were getting older, and in the on the women's side, there wasn't that much top heaviness where you're like, okay, she can't overcome this. Now it's sort of like, you know. The the closest comp I could come to was mirr Andreva, right where someone who's not really known because the runees of the world are known, so mir Andreva was the closest. But I'm like, yeah, but still, like you said, like all the mainly the stats we have are on ITF and Challenger, right, they're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really really tough to parse that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not main draw stats. So it's like, I don't know, we I mean, this could be the state of tennis with this kind of top heaviness of these two e Go on one side, Carlos Alkaraz on the other for a decade. I don't know, might be.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean, and I think if you kind of build out a probability distribution that's got to be at least twenty percent.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. Yeah, it's a lot. So just in review, we both like vonder Silvia. You like her into the finals. I like her to win the quarter as well like you. I you like che stage of elimination for sabal Anca. And I think we both agree about how the Djokovic draw is just a beautiful, beautiful thing. Have you had any chance to look at first round matches, by the way, or I don't think the prices are even out yet. Are they let me see.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking them to come out in the last hour or two.
Speaker 2: I have room. I have not. I'm looking right now, and at least in certain far away places, they don't exist.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what though. I then get boots on the ground around wonder round two.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, buddy, Oh wow, hold on, this is we're getting. We're getting boots on the ground. We're gonna get some some inside inside intel.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. I heading heading to uh New York on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Good for you. I am meeting Sunday, meaning the day after tomorrow or the day or three days Sunday, day after tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to catch the madness of a million.
Speaker 2: Rounds, so I am. I am trying to do the first weekend so nice. Yeah, next week, but I have not got confirmation of that. But that wouldn't that would entail me leaving after a Numbers game Friday, showing up for night matches, spending all day Saturday there early Sunday, and their bouncing, which I which I would love.
Speaker 1: You know how, I know tennis is in a really good place.
Speaker 2: That we're willing to do that.
Speaker 1: No, it's like the hottest ticket since Taylor Swift came to town. Like really, it's it's it's crazy, crazy, crazy what the ticket prices are?
Speaker 2: Like the good true I told you when I went to when I went to Indian Wells, which you said ago, no one goes to that tournament. I was like, usually it was packed, packed and and this is is not an easy place to get to, and it was packed.
Speaker 1: Netflix impact, Netflix effect is that what's going what what's happening here? I don't, Oh, you know what it is. It's the megapod. We're getting people, We're getting people fired up for tennis.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. True, It's a megapod. It's exactly what's doing it. I honestly think it was because wait a minute, I can go in California desert and like watch the Egos and the and the Carlitos of the world up closing. But my God, to count me in. I do think there's also still even at that point I said, there was still a post pandemic thing where people wanted to get out of the house. I think we're past that now. But I think, but you're you're probably right about the US Open, like that is going to be Mayhem.
Speaker 1: It's a hot ticket man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do you stay? By the way, I will you don't have to give an exact location because I don't wan people talking to you, but like where you in the city.
Speaker 1: I have a combinations away. I'm not sureful, I don't I don't know where.
Speaker 2: Oh are you?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you? So?
Speaker 2: You are you going on behalf of NBC.
Speaker 1: To go No, No, we'll do it. We're doing a talent HQ in Stanford, tad over to a flutch meadows and evening.
Speaker 2: But this I have a great trip. I'll try to tag team at the end of well, I'll tag team. I'll come in when you're leaving. That'd be awesome. Dude, thank you so much. Let me just say this also to people Drew Dinzick, for those who listen to this podcast and listen to a numbers game, Drew does everything that we ever ask him to do, like it. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for how accessible you are. After all this time, I want you to know how much I appreciate that man and these Obviously when it comes to tennis, it's sort of a labor of love for you and me. Like this we love this so much that we're we're kind of willing to talk about this whenever. By the way, forgive me, I like interrupted you five times at the beginning because I'm so excited to talk about it. But I just want to tell I just want everybody to listen to know how awesome you are and just being accessible because a lot of people, frankly, how can I put this, They don't really get how this works. And maybe maybe people who really have more reason to show up than you do have an excuse why they don't. So I just want to say, I I love that about you, and I always appreciate. I want you to know how much I appreciate about.
Speaker 1: That, all right, of course, it's it's it's a it's a karmic Uh. It's a karmic endeavor on top of a labor club. Uh. And uh. You know, the more people we get into the support of tennis, and from a vetting standpoint, the more we grow the interest in the sport and the handle, I think it helps us all.
Speaker 2: So may you have a profitable US Open man.
Speaker 1: You as well. Thank you. Let's put a ball on this season.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, and safe travels to New york Man.
Speaker 1: Have a great time, all right, take care of guys.
Speaker 2: Drew Dinsing, Everybody Whale, Underscore Capper again, the podcast The Deep Dive with Andy Molletor, and of course NBC Sports Bet the Edge. Good luck with all your tennis bets for this next couple of weeks of the US
Speaker 1: BATA, the Sacba Batanga Bata, Sacraban Badang Bot