Speaker 1: Holiday holiday is Monday?
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: That's a holiday, Madonna? Come on, I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say it would be it would be so nice.
Speaker 3: That's the right, that's the right song. Y'all got us working on a holiday.
Speaker 2: Yes see, the love that love.
Speaker 3: You are laboring, it's the labor of love. On this labor day, I.
Speaker 2: Have to come to my old echoey office just to get away from all the bumping sounds of Newark, of people playing their amazing music and cooking their delicious food refuge. I know. I mean, I'm not even gonna lie. I'm like, I'm all right, but I'm like, I'm not. I mean, I put on like two pounds from the ten that I lost, and I'm like, but why I'm eating grass?
Speaker 3: Listen? I was. I almost was glad to tell you the story of the ribs that I had this weekend. And then I remember who I was talking to.
Speaker 2: And I love watching the Food Channel. You should just see me looking mouth a gape, like, oh it looks so good. Oh, but I'm holding on. I'm holding on, Oh holding on. I mean, I do have way more energy. My skin is on fleak. My sister's like, what is going on? With your skin. It looks amazing. I'm like, I know, but like gaining the two pounds was very discouraging because I'm like, why, I'm literally not eating anything. I mean I'm eating, but you know, like I'm not, and I'm I don't know. Maybe it's the carves I don't. I mean, well, I'm carving out.
Speaker 3: You can weigh two pounds less in the morning, and the end of the day you'll like gain four pounds, like the body just just maybe you just need to go to the bathroom and then like it'll be down like two two rounds. I feel like, I feel like weighing yourself is almost like googling yourself. Like if you're gonna weigh yourself and you see the good news, you have to always be prepared for like the bad news too, Like for every good headline about yourself, you're gonna read something terrible and it's just like the gamble, the risk you take when you get on that scale.
Speaker 2: No, you're right though, because every day I'm like, come on, come on, come on, scale, and I'm like, they get off the scale.
Speaker 3: I mean really, like for me, it's more about can I get in these pants? Can I get in those pants. This is a good day. I certainly can't get into any pants because this Labor Day weekend. We came back early, but we went to a friend's place who has this really nice, really nice home on a lake like upstate close to Syracuse, and they had been talking about going to this fair and I wasn't really paying attention because work was kind of all over the place, and I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll be there, I'll be there whatever. I had no idea. It was like the New York State Fair. This thing was massive. It was like three football fields wide. There wasn't just one ferris wheel, that were three ferris wheels. There were giraffes. I fed. I fed a giraffe at the fair. It was the coolest thing ever. Yeah you could. I felt really bad, Okay, I felt I stole some kids. Joy It's just a little bit because I had an advantage being a tall person in a crowd of children and children I can't and you know, you spend your two dollars, you get a little bag of corn, I mean a little bag of carrot sticks, and everyone else seemed to get the bag with like the big carrot sticks, the long ones and I got the little like the baby carrot sticks and I was like, damn, I gotta get really close to this giraffe now. But yeah, the giraffe he leaned over and their tongues are so long and yeah there so long and they're like black and anyway, it was awesome. But I guess after I finished my bag of carrots, he got really full and he just like sat down and.
Speaker 2: Was not I'm good. I know they're like, I hate that girl.
Speaker 3: No, it was the best. We were the rides and ate the funnel cake and got dinosaur barbecue and it was just like a It was like a six hour, eight hour day at the which I haven't done that ever.
Speaker 2: Like country fairs, they're really big. Like we were talking about.
Speaker 3: The was it Montana, Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Minnesota. I know it's an m but like they have a huge fair and people are like it's an event I've always wanted to go to, like you know, like one of the fingers that you see on TV where it's like this huge event.
Speaker 3: They had butter sculptures, They had a dare there was like one hole. Yeah, there was like a butter sculpture exhibit where they had the butter. It was a scene all carved out of butter life sized men. They were like dairy farmers. Yeah I'm not kidding. And that was in the middle of a giant like expo for milk. So they had like all the ice cream. There's like a chocolate milk bar, like they literally had chocolate milk on tap and then you can go from there to the real dairy bar in which was like all these prize winning cows. I know, you think of like cows being like the stinky like spotted cows you see on the side of the road or whatever. I want. Beautiful cows exist and they were in this. They were like gorgeous. They all had nice like reddish brown coats and they were just like, oh.
Speaker 2: These are the the supermata cows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, theah Victoria's secret counts.
Speaker 2: Wow, just walk up these cows out like you could never your cow could never.
Speaker 3: And it didn't even smell that bad. They were like being groomed and like all their you know, their droppings were being carted away because.
Speaker 2: Wow, these cows are live in a live These are those privileged cows that talk about cow lives matter. We're like, we do cow lives matter.
Speaker 3: This is the one percent. You came to brand ambition to learn about uh both big phones and dairy cows. No, it was. It was a great time at a good time. And now I'm so worn out. I don't have any plans for the actual Labor Day holiday.
Speaker 2: I don't know me either, really, honestly, my plans are too I guess I'll make myself a veggie burger because everybody else is going to be eating delicious charred meat that I had to buy from the supermarket, but in exchange, Superman did all the cleaning. I hate cleaning, honestly. One of the things when I finally get this house, I'll give you guys an update soon. But when I finally get this house, man, one of the first things I'm gonna do is get myself a not a housekeeper, but like a cleaning service at least twice a month.
Speaker 3: That's a nice treat for yourself.
Speaker 2: I am because honestly, I hate I mean, I don't the dishes are but I hate. I'm not gonna mop, It's not gonna happen. I don't like sweeping. I hate doing the bathroom like I hate cleaning, So I'm always like switching off with Superman, because yeah, he actually is, like he enjoys like cleaning. Well, I mean it's like therapeutic, Like I like cooking, And although I don't like food shopping, I will exchange food shopping for cleaning. I'm like, well I'll food shop. He's like all right, because he hates food shopping. So you know, we're trying to make it work over here at the Super's house.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you're supposed to get You feel like by the time you get married, you're supposed to have the rhythm in place over who does what, and like how the chores are divided. I don't really have a blueprint for this because my parents flit when I was so young. But like, and I am being married now, Like I'm like, why are we bickering over the dishes? It's your turn? No, it's your turn, Like we're literally having but I did it this week, but the trash is stinky. But I didn't put the I didn't put I didn't through the food in the trash. That was you, Like, why can't you put your shoes on the shoe rack? Waddy? You know, like those ridiculous conversations.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, no, you're right. That's why I was like, I'm getting myself well and not that every two weeks it's going to be, but at least it'll take care of like the heavy lifting, you know, like the day to day stuff, Like I don't mind straightening up, like he always says, like whenever it's my time to clean, he's like, you don't clean, you straighten up, And I.
Speaker 3: Do, like you put all the pile of mail in a little smaller pile.
Speaker 2: Yes, I straighten everything up. Everything looks all. So if at first you're like, oh, what's me down here, then you realize, wait, it's still the same stuff. It's just well organized. And I'm like, really, well, maybe you could show me how again.
Speaker 3: As I watched were you a messy? I feel like the big lie of adulthood as well is that you'll get better at stuff as you get older. I've always been a messy kid, and I'm a messy grown up and I am and I.
Speaker 2: Swear like like my dad is like like Superman, and I'm like my mom, Like my dad used to always fuss with My mom had so much stuff and it was everywhere. My dad was just secretly like throwing stuff away that she wouldn't even miss anywhere until ten years later. She's like, have you seen my lipstick? You know? Ten years later He's like, whatever, I threw that away ten years ago, you didn't even need it. And so that's him now because I'm like, where's my book bag, where's my this? He's like, Tiffany, I like, do those things away? Like three months ago, I'm like, you're doing away? That was my favorite, peeling, skunky book bag. I was gonna wash it. And so I'm trying to do bad. That's so I'm like, you know what if I hire help, like, for example, laundry, I refuse. I hate doing laundry. Not gonna do it, not gonna fold it, no, no, no. The most you can get me to do is put it away. So I've invested, and even though we have a washer dryer, when it's my turn to do the mounds of laundry that three people mysteriously produce, I take it right to the washing fold and I pay my little thirty dollars and kidding me.
Speaker 3: Yo, I know, oh, I remember you said you you like you had your grand plan to make your sister your personal assistant, and she was gonna do.
Speaker 2: Your weekend and she was like, and I never got my money back, Eddie change if I would give her like twenty bucks or something and something costs five. I'm like, so Lisa my change. She's like what I mean, but gas, I'm like, it was down the street. And then she wouldn't even bring me my stuff. I'm like, where's my dry cleaning? I got tired, so I'm home, so I'm going to try to bring about tomorrow. I'm like, literally, the dry clean is around the corner, so I could have just gone to get it. So she lasted all of a weekend. So yeah, no, no personal assistant for me, Like I haven't admin for emails, but nobody to run Errand's And honestly it's fine because it was actually more stressed than to do that myself. But yeah, no, I love my They know me. At the washing fold. I'm like, she's like, is you're turning again?
Speaker 3: I'm like, sure, is, Well, you have a you have a daughter or stepdaughter, and that adds a particular layer to the mix that we don't have to deal with here because we still do or like I do my laundry. He has his hamper, I have my hand. But when you have kids. You're right. My mom would literally spend weekends just doing laundry. It was a never ending thing.
Speaker 2: It's not even so much her stuff. I find it's mostly like his stuff because he, like what he does for a living is like physical, you know, like flipping apartments and stuff. So it's mostly and I'm usually home in my pj's all day working, so when you really look at the laundry and that sect like, it's mostly his stuff. And like I said, since he does most of the cleaning, I'm like, okay, I'll take care of the laundry. And for the He's always like, isn't that a waste of money? I'm like, uh, for the three hours I didn't have to do laundry, you know what, thirty dollars I'm willing to pay, and I might. I might do that maybe twice a month, so it's not to me. The price is worth it, like sixty bucks a month to not have to like and they fold so well, Like I just picked up today. I was like, thank Sylvia, how did you.
Speaker 3: Get it all the same size? And the little bag it's.
Speaker 2: Magical, magical? And then Sylvia knows that there's three but I don't even know halfs I know, like I've never told her, like I've got a husband and a daughter and so but everything she separates all of our things. So it's so great. So like her bag, Like I give Supergirl her bag, I put it in her room so she knows to put her own things away. And so typically I'll put away my things and Superman's things, and if I'm feeling really lazy, I'll put away my things. But it's just it's magical. I look at the bag today, I'm like, look at these perfectly rectangular shaped bags. Oh but yeah, so yeah, I'm not the I realize I'm never going to be super Sussie homemaker. Although I do cook, and I enjoy cooking, but other than that, that's the only thing that I do that's like.
Speaker 3: Me, you enjoy making a mess, but not because we already have a cookie.
Speaker 2: Really is exactly, it's a mess making. And then I'm like, why should I have to wash the dishes? I made the food? Oh my life for Superman.
Speaker 3: Sure, you guys have a barbecue today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love a mini barbecue. He's like, I mean, honestly, it's just his excuse to feed the neighborhood kids that don't always get to eat, like, but all the stuff that I bought, I'm like, this is all kids stuff. Because he's like, baby, can you get juice boxes? Can you get this? Can you get that? I'm like, who are we feeding? Because he's adults out here have food, and so he really likes making sure like the kids in the neighborhood. I told you he's the he's the black.
Speaker 3: Mister rogers're thinking of analogy. I was like, Willy Wonka, what do we call it.
Speaker 2: Now, mister Rogers. Every time we walk, like if I walk with him or he walked me to the car or whatever. Everyone Hey, Superman, Hey some man, how you doing here? Man? Superman? Like the kids, everyone, And I'm like, meanwhile, no one's like hey hey Superwoman or hey you know. Everything is like yeah, and that person with you my go on, I'm not, well it was you know what, I'm not I'm friendly, but I'm not. I don't know, I'm not really wanted to say hi to stranger, you know. So, but he's you know, he goes out of his way to be extra engaging, and so where I'm like, hey, I mean, if you're in my vicinity. You know, I'm definitely going to be polite, but I'm not. I don't know as much as like I talk as a live for a living once, I'm like in my own private space, I'm actually on kind of like a quieter, shyer side.
Speaker 3: That's okay. Yeah, introvert, extrovert, exactly, exactly, exactly. Well, I'm looking forward to this week. It's going to be a wait, how many Monday, Tuesday, three day week for me because my mom is getting married on Friday. Oh, miss Lorie Jane. Yeah, her wedding. She's marrying. My mom's marrying her high school sweetheart. It's all very romantic. So they met in high school in Wisconsin on Alaska, Wisconsin, and they dated all through high school and then he was off in the military and he was gonna propose to her, or he did propose to her, and she broke his little heart and said no. This was like nineteen seventy eight, I want to say. And then she moved from Wisconsin to Atlanta with her brothers. Atlanta for some reason, people were like moving there, and she never saw him again until she moved back to Wisconsin to retire a few years ago, and they just rekindled their relationship and now they're getting married and it's all going to be very cool, and so that I have to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm at your mama. I told you your mom needs to teach lessons how to how to get a man to ask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a She's like, I tease her and I'm like, okay, j lo ai. Yeah, she's like, that ain't her first rodeo. With all due respect, it ain't her first rodeo. It's not even it's not even my first rodeo with her. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Some women are like have been like with the same due for like twelve years and they're like, s wait, you know your mom's like I know how to get them to ask? For real. I really feel like there are some women who I don't know what it is that have a knack for like men wanting to Like I don't know, Like, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: I honestly wait, what women you have a knack for men wanting to marry them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But like because it's like what is it? I wonder like what is it? Because I'm not a man. So when a man is like, you know what this is? The woman I want to marry. There's like a switch, and I find that there are some women who, like I have a number of friends who they might not have married them all, but have been asked numerous times, you know. And then I have other friends who you know, been in long term relationships and have never been asked or you know what I mean. So I'm like, well, what is that, like, what is that trait that makes a man say I want to be with this one for the rest of my life or at least try you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her lasagna is really good. I don't know, Well, it's just it's really sweet because you know, he wanted to marry her forty years ago and he's I know, they're finally getting to do it, and she's just so like, it's a little weird to see your mom. You know, I had a stepdad and it was whatever, that was more normal. But now she's just like really like giddy and giggly and it's all the first time again, and she's really you know, she's planning all the details. It's going to be like a small, you know, like fifty people wedding, but they're getting married on this really pretty like like a bluff and on a mountain in the area, and they're they're actually having their reception the same place where they had their high school prom.
Speaker 2: Oh that is awesome. So has he ever been married before? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's divorced and she was recently. She was divorced a couple of years ago, so they're both he was divorced a little bit longer. I'm putting all their business out there, but yeah, they both had prior marriages, they both have had children, and.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is good. This is just them.
Speaker 3: This is literally just them, none of the baggage that you get when you marry with young kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also for me too, I'm like, yeah, cool, Greg, nice, just hang out with mom. That's nice. You know. I don't feel any like pressure to have a relationship or like, you know what I mean when you're a kid and like you're yeah you know if you yeah, if you mean you have a stepdaughter, but like if you are also like the child a parent who've remarried when you were younger, you know how it's like, you know, there's all that that that tension in the background, if like the anxiety of like are they going to get along and are they going to have a relationship and so there's none of that pressure, which I think is making everything a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say because it's dope, because it's like, you know, it's really like it's just us. We don't have to you know, she doesn't have to take into consideration like I mean it was there was we had a rough patch, like in our household with Supergirl adjusting. You know, everything was awesome until like we got engaged and she was like, wait, she's staying. I was like, wait, I thought you liked me. She's like yeah, but like that as like a permanent member. She literally said, I thought you were gonna be like here today, gone tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, it's hurtful. No, I've been I've been wondering how things were going, because you did say there was a little bit rough stuff.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I would like, it's I don't know what happened and what shifted. But she's been like I would say, we are eighty five percent back, because at one point, you know, that was like my little buddy. We hung out like we both have similar interests in Staples and Barnes and Nobles, and we would going to museums together. So we hung out, you know, almost more than me and her father because we had so much, so much in common, and so everything was great. And then we got engaged, and she took it not so great because I guess she was still trying to figure out, well, where does that put me? Because in her mind, you know, a wife is bigger than a daughter. That's what she had convinced herself, you know. And so you know, we really tried really hard, like between myself, her father, and her mom because we have a great relationship to three of us, to really reassure her that like nothing's going to change, like it's the same, but it it. You know. It was a year and then we got married and then things really took a down. She barely spoke to me like good morning, and I'll be like okay. And then it became the like Tiffany's so mean, and her mom and her dad being like, well, that's what I love is that they've got great communication with her, Like well, how was she mean? I mean, she's say good morning and I didn't say good morning, and then she say good morning again. I heard her, and I'm like okay, you know, so it was like really grasping for straws or like, I remember, nobody had given her something and she didn't say thank you, and I said, Alyssa, what do you say? And then she told her mom Tiffany saw me, I was gonna say you. I was just thinking about it. I was like, wait, how does that mean? Well, like, cause honestly, I've talked long enough like I you know, I don't. I'm good at like, even if I'm frustrated at like not letting it show in my tone. I mean literally, I talked three and four year olds, So there's nobody more frustrating on this planet than three and four year olds. But you learn how to, you know, to still be patient and still be kind despite that. So I'm I'm pretty good with that. And like her mom, that's one thing I have to say. I'm really grateful because her mom never once was like Tiffany, what are you doing to my daughter? You know? Never it's you know, So that's that's what helped a lot. And I don't know, I'm not how to lie. I don't know what the shift was. I don't know if she finally realized post marriage. It's been like what three months now, almost three months that like nothing has changed, because in the last couple of weeks, like it's been like she'll come in, Hey, Tiffy, and I'm like, who MEI hi, you know, And like the other day, I was going to Barnes and Nobles and I always asked her because I know she likes it, but she would say no, even though I know she loves Barnes and Nobles. And so I said, I'm going to Barnes and Nobles. I'll see you later. She's like, wait, I want to go, and I look like with me, okay, And so she's back to like talking my ear off, which is awesome because like ten year olds are, you know, they have this whole drama at school that you know, she has to explain every single piece of it, and I'm like, wow, it's like like almost like old times. So, like I said, I'm not sure what the shift was, but I'm really happy about it because it's nice to have my it's nice to have my friend back, you know.
Speaker 3: I think the key with young kids and like preteens is like just leave them and go, like leave them be, and they'll come them back around or they'll start slitting their wrists and like get tattoos and stuff. They can go either way.
Speaker 2: I was very I was like, dang, I already heard teenagers are hard, especially for girls. I was like, I wanted at least a few years of like goodness before it turns dark, because I heard by the time twelve, thirteen and fourteen overline, they're like show, I don't care how great she is. Those teenagers are something else. So I'm like, well, I want to at least say, a couple of years to like really develop a strong relationship with.
Speaker 3: Her, you know, yeah, so yeah, yeah, it's a good lookin now.
Speaker 2: Oo chawd. Well, it's that time to break or boost break or boost boost or a break. What you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Boost a break, I'm gonna boost. That was actually really good. I'm gonna boost. I read a really cool story. So we all remember phill Indo Castile, the gentleman who was shot while selling CDs. What was it a gas station or somewhere anyway, He was shot by a shot and killed by a police officer back a little over a year ago, July twenty sixteen, and he worked at a school. At the time, he worked in the school cafeteria. Right and after his death, people came out saying that when he worked at the school, he would always make sure the kids, you know, when you forget your lunch money, like you have to get the crappy you know, forget your lunch money sandwich or whatever, and he would make sure that the kids who forgot their money still got to eat. And apparently in the wake of his death, now that it's been a year, there's been a new fund created that wants to carry on that legacy by paying for student lunches, which he would, you know, he'd dip into his own pockets sometimes to make sure that kids got fed. So this is happening. He was, Oh, he was a school nutrition service, a supervisor in Saint Paul, Minnesota. And the fund is called Filando feeds the Children. And yeah, it's really it's just really sweet. And I think that's just a you know, you don't really hear I don't know, you know, you hear about memorial funds and stuff. But I think that this is in terms of like carrying on the legacy of who this person was, Yeah, and like actually putting like making people making sure that people know he's not just a murder he was and just a black man killed, you know, in a spate of police violence. But he was a man who had like unique skills and was really special and you know, would spend his own money to make sure that kids were fed. It's just really sweet and it's nice. So yeah, that is really sweet and nice. Honestly, I'm boosting that. And I wonder if they have if they have a website. So far they've raised they set let's see, Oh yeah they've so they set a goal of fund raising five thousand dollars and they've already raised over sixteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So donate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna. I'll check out the link and make sure people can. I'll post it on the Brown Ambition Podcast website, which is Brown Ambition Podcast dot com dot com.
Speaker 2: No, I think that, honestly, I would love to donate because I love the babies, and I know how that used to be, like like well, I like, we never bought lunch at school. My mom would always send us to school with lunch because we didn't have, you know, a ton of money to buy lunch at school. But I do remember, like, you know, friends who were like didn't have or just even when I talked when I was a school teacher kids that thankfully our kids they would send lunch to was like the board or whoever. And so the kids got breakfast and lunch and snack because a lot of the kids otherwise wouldn't be able to eat. And then we used to get so much excess. I would send it even home with the parents, like I would pack up certain parents I knew that were kind of struggling. And now I remember, I don't know if it was the board or who came in they saw me do that once They're like, oh, you're not allowed to give away the food. It's a liability, you know that. You know they if they get sick at home, they could come and sue and da dah. And I was like, oh, yeah, okay, yeah. So for ten years I packed up the lunch and sent Are you crazy, I'm not throwing away gallons of milk and food like we And we never got sued. I mean, I guess I get it, but there's no way, cause they wanted you to throw out the excess food for the day and then pour bleach on it. I'm like, what.
Speaker 3: Kind of poor bleach on it?
Speaker 2: So bad way people wouldn't go and eat it and then sue you, Oh lord, yeah, But I never did that. We always gave it away because I'm like, what I mean, I guess I got it in theory, but I'm like, so no, so we're so somebody other parents. I remember that. That's what was so sad about closing the center, because the center was like the daycare center was really the center of this community. It was at the bottom of this project building, the thirteen story high project building, where every type of age lived there. People were struggling with drug addiction and poverty, and but the center was like this bright this bright light. The kids were awesome and beautiful and smart. And the food that we got we got such extra that we used to give to people in the building too, And so people thought that I was actually I was like the leader of a food program. They didn't know because I would every day, knew every day, and there were certain people, certain elderly people that would like really look forward to the They'd be like, oh, that's the food program, lady. I'm like, oh no, no, I'm just a teacher. And there They're like, yeah, okay, but do you have the milk today?
Speaker 3: And I'm like okay, Well, we talked about this before, like kids can actually get into debt, Like there's such thing as school lunch debt, where like if you you know you you if you don't have money for lunch and your parents won't have money and actually send you to food, send you to school with anything. You know, you're still I think you're still have to get something. But they can actually charge like put on your account you know how much in debt you are, and at the beginning of the school year, like ask your parents for all those fees. So the Fialando Fund, like it's part of just like this growing movement to pay off children's school lunch debt, and I just I just want I just double checked their website. They've actually raised over fifty five thousand dollars now and the fundraiser put up a message saying that with fifty thousand dollars they should be able to pay off all the lunch debt for children in Philando Castile School District, which is pretty and it's also pretty freakin sad that there's such thing as school lunch debt, but that is the world.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going to be so sunshiny. I'm going to break.
Speaker 3: And a dark cloud has come over.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not really crazy, it's just so I'm still, you know, looking for a house. I know it's crazy, but I'm going to break on bad service because as I've been looking, it has taught me a lot, especially like dealing with all the people that are involved when you're buying a house. Mortgage people, lawyer, realtors, all that kind of stuff. And so you know, because you know, this home buying is really like a service business because you yourself don't own the home. You know, you're you're instead creating or making the transaction possible for the two parties that want to connect, connect and exchange of property for money. And so I've had really amazing service providers in this process. Like my mortgage guy, David is amazing. I mean, like one I just love because if I get on the phone with David, ask him a question. He's really an educator. So like, you know, I don't know all the ins and outs of every mortgage, but he sits down and takes the time and explains, like well, why I think this choice is best, and why I think this choice is best. And so David's been amazing. I've definitely had some realtors that have been great, like one realtor. She was pretty good, but she was eight months pregnant, so after like you know, a month, I was like, girl, you need to sit down, like you can't keep coming up and down the stairs. And then I definitely had some realtors that weren't so great, like I had one. Although she was really nice, she wasn't timely. So I would ask her like, hey, is this property available, and it would take her two days to get back to me. By then it was sold because Newark is hot right now. But just most recently I had a real I hope she doesn't listen. If she does, I don't even care. I had a realtor and I'm like, what is happening because and I'm not certain if she's just not being truthful or maybe she's just not effective. She's younger like in her I would say, late twenties, early thirties. So you know, I've been she's been sending me properties and I've been expressing interest, but nothing's been happening. So I sent her one property in particular, and I said, hey, I want to see this property. I called the guy. It was for sale by owner, and we were texting back and forth and he said, yes, the property is still available. So I called her and said, hey, the property is available, make you know can you make an appointment? So two days later, I'm hitting her up like, hey, you know any any movement on this property? And she'said oh, I called him, but he didn't. He didn't respond, and I said, well sometimes with him as best to text. So I saw her again a day later and she was like, oh, I text him and he didn't respond. Little does she know that? Literally, while I was waiting for her because she was late for our meeting. While I was waiting for her, I text him and I said, hey, it's me again. Property is still available. He said yep, he said. I said, what do you need for me to come see it? He just said proof of income. So I sent him a bank statement, like literally standing on the corner waiting for her, and he said, you want to see it now? And I'm like, so, she's just not being truthful because you just told me that. Like, I can't get in contact with him. It's been a week. I've been calling, texting, and every time I've text and called him, he's been super responsive. And so I was like well, I couldn't obviously see it then, and so I said, so I scheduled it for the next morning. So I just went with me and Superman went by ourselves. We looked at it, we decided we didn't like it. And just most recently, there's the property she'd sent me, and I said, I drove by. I said, oh, it's nice. I'd like to see it. And she was just like, oh, I can't figure out who owns it. We can't cause it was foreclosed. We can't figure out. I've been calling the banks and this and that, and you know, and I was just like, okay, you know, even if it's sight unseen, because it's such a great deal, I would even be willing to possibly purchase this without seeing the inside because of the location and the price cash and so, you know, it's been two weeks of like, oh, I still can't figure out, and then maybe two A few days ago, I saw that it was on an auction site and I said, hey, I see it on this auction site. Did you know that it was here? And she was like oh no, And I'm like, well, then how do we bid? And she said, I'll get back to you. So by now, I'm just frustrated. I'm like, I don't even know what's happening. So I called a friend of mine, Mark, who's one of my best friends, and I said, Mark, I need a good realtor because I just can't. And so he's like, well, my realtor is a beast. I was like, yeah, people everybody said that. He's like, no, no, no, she is a beast. Like if I text her three o'clock in the morning, she texted me back. I'm like what, I'm like, all right, connect you with her. So that day I text her. She said, can I call you back in ten minutes. We got on the phone, and within thirty minutes of me speaking to her, I was inside of that house and had already put a bid in on the auction. I couldn't believe it. She was phenomenal. That was like, because I told her, I was like, oh, we can't get in the house. She's like, who's that? You know what? She called? She called around and she said, you know what, I'm just gonna drive there and the owner. I didn't realize this, but you know, when these houses are foreclosed, the bank information is like staple to the door. And she was able to reach out to them. Able to get the cold. There's a lock box on the house. Get the cold. She said, I'm here, come on down. The house is only a few minutes from my house now, so Superman and I drove by. We were able to walk to the house. It's gorgeous. We wanted to get it. She was like the other woman that had actually the old realtor had told me that, like, if you put a bid in, every time you put a bid in two hundred and fifty dollars. So I suggest you don't bid. It's going to go back to the to the bank because these bidding sites are not real, and it's going to go back to the bank, and then you could buy it when the bank gets it back. But it's two hundred and fifty dollars every time you bid. And I was like, really, because I can read and I didn't see that on the site. But maybe I'm missing something. So I asked the new realtor, Amina, you know, I don't know if I want to use this site because I heard it's two hundred fifty dollars. She's like, who told you that it's not on the site. And then she called them and they were like no, And since then, I like, because you know, when you bid, everybody else's bidet, so you're trying to outfit each other. I've bid like eight times no charges, and so I'm like, what is happening? So either you're untruthful or you're just incompetent. I don't either way, I'm like so over it. But I'm just really grateful because all of these realtors that I've gone through, it's led me to Amina, who is a beast. This is a woman who has three jobs. She owns this brokerage realtor like this firm with her family. She works well, I won't say, but she has two other jobs, and she's got five kids, girls, all under the age of seven. And mean, while she looked twelve years old, you're like, I mean, she's like twelve years old and like one hundred pounds soaking wet. But met me out there and she was like, Honestly, I've learned to be very efficient because I like to spend time with my daughters and my family and so you know, I don't waste any time. And so I sent her a list of foreclosure properties that I was interested in looking at. I had sent this list to the other girl a while ago, because the other girl had sent me maybe like a link to like two hundred foreclosure properties. She said, I'll go through them, but she was dragging her feet. So I went through them all, got it down to twenty, and then highlighted the six I like best. I heard nothing back from the other girl Amina day two of our interaction, she said, I drove by all the properties on the list that you sent me. Here are my favorites, and I created a spreadsheet of when they're going to be auctioned off and when we can hit the auction. This is day two. Day one, we're bidding on a house, and inside this property, day two, she's creating spreadsheets. I could cry with relief. And so it's almost like a boost break, a break from people who do not deliver. I don't think I even ask for that much. Truthfully. I like to I personally that when I'm working with someone, I like to meet you seventy percent. All I need is thirty from you. Like I'm a doer, you know, so if I'm hiring for something like I, you know, and I'm also pretty anal about the way I like things done. So I like to do a lot of the work. And I told her that, like, I'm going to do a lot of the heavy lifting. I just need you to do the stuff that I can't legally do because I'm not I'm not a realtor. And so she has I mean, she doesn't even realize she's fired. But Amina, I'm like, thank you, girl. I'm pretty sure Amina doesn't listen, but I'm like, girl, you have restored my faith and rilters. You are amazing. I have never seen yo, Amina hustles harder than me. And I'm like, that doesn't really happen. When I work with certain people that are like usually they're like vactively leave me with something to do. And I'm like, so yeah, So for those of you who are like, you know, in service businesses, like like, please deliver at the very least the bare minimum. I don't even know what the other girl was thinking, Like I said, I don't know if she was just being untruthful or maybe she was trying and she just wasn't affected. I don't know which is worth, you know, being unaffective or being untruthful. Budd Either way, you gone, girl, gown. You know, I wish you luck, but not with me. I mean egg girl. We're betties now. So that is my brown booth break.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of a good segue for the questions that we have for today. O God, because we have a question I can really identify with this young lady. So question from Ashley. She's thirty four years old and she has a question about how do you decide when it makes sense to relocate when you're doing okay in a certain area already. So here's her situation. Ashley says, my fiancee and I are both thirty four years old and we currently live in Virginia Beach. We've lived here for less than six years. He has good job and I'm doing decently well in my career. We're both working to pay off debt and to eventually invest in residential real estate. We own our primary residence right now, but the issue is that we don't really love the area so much. We enjoy being close to the beach and the cost of living is very reasonable, but we don't have a lot of close friends. The area is politically conservative, and it doesn't offer the best job opportunities in my field. We're considering relocating to the DC metro area. We both have close friends and family there. It's more liberal, there are better job opportunities, and there's a great arts and culture scene. The downside is the traffic and the high cost of living, and of course the expense of buying a home there, which they'd like to invest in real estate. So what is your advice on making this decision? Does it make sense to leave or stay where we are comfortable and living beneath our means?
Speaker 2: Well, I wonder is there a way to rent out where you live now? You know, so that way it can help with your if you decide to move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be that'd be like the first logical step, Like if you want extra income to go toward your life in Washington, Yeah, renting out the house that you live in seems like a smart way to go. Then you become a landlord. Then it's like that's an extra layer. That's the kind of thing that always sounds to me really like it makes perfect sentence on paper, like I would just buy something and then I'll rent it out and I'll get income from that, But like what actually goes into that and how complex can that be to be a landlord?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well I've been a landlord and it could be as simple as, honestly, if you've got a great tenant, like I had an awesome tenant when I rented out my condo. She used to literally write me out her checks for the year. We would meet once a year and she would write me all the checks like you know, January first, Jebruary second, you know first, and then if anything broke in the house, she would get like two quotes and then pay for and then set me out a replacement check minus what she paid. So she was amazing. Although she was young, she used to have like I don't know, the neighbors would complain she was like in her like mid twenties, early twenties. I guess, I don't know that she would have wild parties, but she definitely was like, you know, had friends over, and so it sucked because the neighbors chased her away even though she was an awesome because it had always complained like you always have too many friends over, So it could be that, and it was like next to night I didn't you know, there was no I didn't have to do anything. But then you can also get like the nightmare tenant that's not taking care of your things. But then you can also think about maybe getting a one of those property managers.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, typically those they charged like like my uncle runs that business where he manages rental properties and does does all like the the commo pair and stuff for pairs, turning over the apartments like and I think they charged like five percent of the rent or something like that. And then my one of my colleagues also has a place and he just runs a like he it's in Long Island. He lives in Manhattan, and he just has this company and they do everything and it's very easy for him.
Speaker 2: So and if you, I mean, you just want to make sure obviously that what you're what you're being charged by them is not eating up all of the income that you're making. But to me, it sounds like to me, I'd rather live someplace where I'm going to be happy, you know, because I mean I get it, like living below your means, but it doesn't mean that you can't get there, meaning that like you can be creative with your finances living in a in a maybe right outside DC, like for example, like I live right outside right outside New York, but I still enjoy a lot of the benefits of New York at a lower way lower cost, you know, and who's to say you have to get like a you know, a brand new home maybe like they're like these auction houses are, and then I'll give more feedback, you know, next week about how it went. But they're popping up and they're becoming more and more legitimate. Like banks are really not wanting to go through the process of selling a house, so they give it to the auction house, and the auction house gets a percentage. And so so you're able to find these homes then do a drive by see if you like them, and then you put a bit in and possibly pay way less than what the house is actually worth, so you can be creative about your new living digs. But yeah, I don't think i'd stay someplace where I was unhappy just for the savings, because I feel like savings can be found other places in other ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a give and take. I mean, I have yet to find a place that has every single thing. It's affordable, and it has a great quality of life, and it has a great scene and like there's amenities and you know, you're close to activities and stuff. I mean, if I I mean, you're speaking to two people who live outside of New York City. So obviously we're on the bandwagon of like live where you have the best, you know, the life that you want, even though it's not necessarily the most affordable location, and then find creative ways to make it affordable. Like I live in Jersey City, and I knew I had to move out of Manhattan or out of the boroughs of Manhattan if I wanted to get the kind of apartment that I wanted with the amenities that I wanted without breaking my budget. And I had to do it by moving to Jersey City. And like, actually a lot of things got a little bit better. My commute got a lot better, my quality of life got a lot better. And I just had to give up that invisible wall that I think block people's blocked people off from wanting to live outside of Manhattan because it's not like, you know, officially New York City. But I also get benefits, like I don't have to pay the New York City income tax anymore, which is great. So when my paychecks got a little bit bigger and I'm a lot happier. And the big secret is that my commute is only half an hour, which is like half of what it used to be. So at the end of the day, like it's your life, Like Tiffany said, you should live where you're happiest and you're living your best life. But just be prepared to give up some of the things for what you're gaining. So maybe fact with sitting in traffic and paying higher mortgage, that kind of stuff. But I mean, if you're happy, don't let anybody else make you feel like you're making the bad CHOI because they wouldn't do something. Who cares what they wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: And it's not like you and your husband are are pretty savvy financially, meaning like that's not going to go away because you live in a more expensive city. You guys are going to figure out ways to live within your means no matter where you live.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely, I hear it too. Two train.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know where that. That's like this random train that never moves except for apparently when I want to take the train's a hater? Hey, hata any other questions?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have one more, we can do one more question. This one's from Dominique. She has a question about a car Loan and I think a lot of people will probably well understand where she's coming from. So her question is what is the best way to get out of a bad car loan? My credit score is below six hundred, so refinancing is not an option for me. I've considered selling the vehicle, but I owe more on the loan than what the car is worth. I have a twenty fourteen to it a camera. My current payoff amount the amount how much I would need to pay off the loan, it would be about fourteen thousand dollars, but the car is only worth ten thousand dollars. I don't have anyone to borrow money from to help me, and with my car note and insurance, I'm paying close to five hundred and forty dollars a month. I purchased my first three cars in cash. This is going to be my first and last car note. What can I do to get out of this car loan out?
Speaker 2: You know, this is like perfect timing. My sister got a lease, so she she I don't know if you remember, like earlier, if you listened to BA you know the BA podcast. Like earlier, when we started, I was talking about my sister had made the transition from that big financial company that she hated, and then she transitioned she really wanted to be a stylist, and transitioned into working for a like retail companies as buy as a buyer. No, she really wants to be a buyer. That's what she's doing now, so she like is enjoying that now. But as a result, it was a huge pay cut, like huge, you know, and so it took a toll on her trying to figure out her finances. And she needed a car, so she never she'd always bought her cars in cash, you know, like I don't know, a few years old. But she had to get to work. She needed something reliable because she works an hour away from where she lives. So she ended up going for a lease. But because she works so far, the lease, she's already in two years basically like used up all her miles. So we've been going back and forth the last couple of weeks. I've been trying to like help her figure out, so what do I do now? Basically like because if she if she tries to turn in the car, she's gonna owe so much money. So she decided that she's going to buy the car. But then it was like, Okay, who do buy from. So this is this is what she's learned, and I'm going to share it with you listener. That so I told her, you know, one go to a credit union to see the car company itself, you know, was obviously wanted to lend her, and then the bank that she already banks at. Her credit score is not terrible, but it's not great. It's like in the low to mid six hundred, so higher than yours, but not the greatest. So but she got I told her, you know, she asked them what, you know, what their interest rates would look like and what her pavement would look like. But get very clear what it would look like at her interest rate and at her credit score, because you know, they're going to give you like the best, like oh, you know, it's only two percent or whatever it is. And she was like, yeah, but like what credit score do you have to have in order to get two percent? That's really important. So she figured out for herself. I think she was able to get an interest rate of three point two percent. She decided to go with a credit union after like going back and forth her personal bank. I think they wanted like three point seven and the car and the company wanted like they were. They said they could get it down to three point nine. So the credit union was better, even though she wasn't a member of the credit union. She said, yeah, but I'm a member of any credit unions. I said, yeah, but a lot of credit unions you can literally join that day and apply that day. So she called around and she found one I think Alliance to something or they allowed that where she could join and apply right away. So what I would suggest it might be, actually, I mean, I know it sucks, but you might have to wait a couple of months to get your credit score up in order to then do your research about So I would start to do the research now, like what is the bare minimum credit score that I have to have in order to be able to refinance out of this car with like a credit union or the bank, your bank that you have like all of your like you know, banking stuff with because you have a relationship there, and work toward that credit score. It might not take as long as you think. It might take just a couple of months, and then think about refinancing so that way you pay a lower interest rate, or your interest rate will be lowered than your monthly payment will be lower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's surprising. I mean, I wonder if she's done any research and to see what's available to her, because fortunately slash unfortunately lenders. There are lenders specifically who will cater to the prime meaning bad credit market and will extend auto loans to people even if they have bad credit. You just have to be really careful because obviously those loans have high interest rates. So if you're looking to refinance, maybe at least do what tifany saysn't like, start shopping around, look for credit unions, look at local banks. There's some online lenders that also can offer some access to credit for people who may not have the greatest credit score. We just did a guide on auto loans for people who have bad credit, which has like really good information there that I can link to, and I'll send you a link to dominique to that guide to get started. But I think the key issue for her is that she is four thousand dollars in the red, like even if she sells the car. I mean, that's another option too. You could just cut your losses, sell the car, and then you have four thousand dollars and then just set yourself a goal to pay that off in a year and get debt free. That's honestly the hard, not great. I mean, that's the hard. I don't want to hear that advice advice because it's on it. I mean, four thousand dollars is I don't know what your situation is, but if you I feel like, if you just set a goal to pay that off in a year, get some side income, you know, scraight by, do whatever you can to pay that off, get debt free, then you've learn your lesson. You can start fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think that that And sometimes you have to take the l you know what I mean, Like, don't you just hate that? Sometimes you like, as an adult, you realize, oh, there there is no win loss. It's just loss or bigger loss. And sometimes that's how it like you have to just ask yourself, where where can I bleed less? Basically? And then you just you take the smallest l that you can. But then you move forward and you you know, you make different financial choices moving forward.
Speaker 3: And how you avoid that and going forward. I mean, you paid your first three cars in cash, that's one way to avoid it. But if you're we talk about the four to twenty ten role when it comes to car buying. And I love this rule because I think it establishes from the get go a really smart way to buy a car, so that you're not immediately kind of catching yourself in a situation where you're going to end up with a car that's worth less than what you owe on a loan. And the twenty part of the four to ten twenty rule is to put down at least twenty percent of a down payment. And this is to just get ahead of the problem with cars, which is that as soon as you drive off the lot, they lose like fifteen percent of their value, and after a year it's even more of their value it depreciates. So if you put down that much, at least you know you're financing the true value of the car, you know, a year from now, and that'll kind of prevent, you know, owing more than what the car is worth. And the ten the ten part of the four to twenty ten rule is to make sure that your transportation costs, the cost of owning that car is going to be less than ten percent of your gross income, you know, for a year for a month, which is one way to tell whether or not you know you're going to have payments that you can actually afford. And the four part is to make sure that you don't take out a loan with the term longer than four years. You see, now, some lenders will give loan terms for auto for cars over eighty months, like seventy six months, like eighty four months. It's crazy, and people will sign up for them because they they see, oh, that's a great way to get a lower monthly payment. But when you actually look at how much you're paying an interest over how many years is eighty four months? Like? What is that really bad? A month right now? Six? Seven years, eight years, eight years, I think, I don't know, a long, long freaking time. You're literally just handing money to the lendra at the end of the day. Yeah, and you're almost gonna certainly be paying more than the actual value of the car that you're purchasing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well for sure, that's what interest is all about.
Speaker 3: I'm really really embarrassed. I don't know what eighty four are divided by twelve.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not a mather.
Speaker 3: It's seven. I knew that seven years.
Speaker 2: Sheesh.
Speaker 3: Fun in time, I won my multiplication competition in the third grade. Once upon a time, one of time, not long ago, but good luck Dominique. And uh, yeah, that's that's uh it's a rough it's a rough situation, and it's it's hard because so many, you know, people have been worried that like bad auto loans are gonna be the new housing crisis because so many, so many, so many banks were giving these crazy, big, huge loans to people that they can't afford. And you hear the same kind of thing like Santander, which was a big bank in the subprime model Ending Space was found to like be underwriting these like giving these loans to people without verifying their income, the same way that people were giving people houses without or mortgages without you know, verifying their income. And it's kind of it's a little bit troubling.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know she's not alone.
Speaker 2: Well, now it's time to say almost goodbye to all our b A family bw R ow N And like that mean I should have said that for the end, because we still have to do wins.
Speaker 3: What even does b w R.
Speaker 2: You can't math, I can't spell.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, everyone's lost their faith in us.
Speaker 2: Oh so what you're going to win? All I do is when when win, no matter what, go ahead, you can go first with your win.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it advance when actually I'm really dreading this week so much I don't think I have any positive energy to leave on. Then a good note with like a three day work week sounds amazing, but I know I'm gonna have to work today to get ahead of the week, and I'm gonna have to probably work like before my mom's wedding to make sure that the that everything happens in a three day week that needs to happen in a five day week. I'm a little scared. Do you know? I had a dream this weekend. I know when people say I had a dream, everyone rolls your eyes. But anyway, I had a dream. If you're not Mlka Junior, if you say a dream is really annoying. I literally had a dream and it was an email exchange. Like it wasn't a scary email exchange. It was literally just like me sending a letter to one of my writer or email to one of my writers saying, oh did you get the outline for this story? That's great, and like back and forth. What does that say about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I always do that, Like literally I will dream that just like I'm working. It just said that we're overworked.
Speaker 3: Over maybe I'm just thinking about work too much before I go to bed. So I guess my win is just going to be a cry for help to Lord get me through this week.
Speaker 2: This is true, my well, you know what this is kind of random? Is I want to shout out Jazz Daniel. He is. For those of you who've been following me, you know that I have been working on a children's book, like intermittently, not like you know, really putting in the work, but just I had this idea and I had this character that I really want to put out there, and finding an illustrator was not easy. So my wind this week is that I found an amazing brown man in the illustrator who has drawn the most delicious, cute little girl who is going to be, you know, the subject of these series of children's books that I want to write. I'm just super excited because I really want to one help parents have these pre financial conversations, That's what I call them, because I mean, at three and four, you're not you know, you're teaching kids about money. Doesn't make sense, But there are some conversations you can have to lay the groundwork, like about community, about sharing, about giving, about selfishness. So I really want to start creating a series of books that help parents have those conversations with kids, but in a way that's age appropriate because the preschool teacher in me is like, I know how to do that. And so but I wanted a character that was going to be reflective of the audience that I wanted to reach, well bigger than that. I wanted a character that was going to be like like like the Cosby's or Dora. Like when people think about Dora, they're just like, oh, this is just a great cartoon for kids, and she happens to be Latina, or this is a great family and they happen to be black. And that's what I wanted. Like this little girl's brown, she's got four sea hair, super cute. But I didn't want that. I wanted anyone who read it to resonate, for it to resonate with them, and but she happens to be black, you know. And so so that way it teaches these core lessons, but then there's also these secondary and like, you know, lessons about culture and about you know, and so I'm just really excited because I finally got like I finally approved the sketch of her, and she's so adorable and cute, and it's exactly what I wanted because sometimes when brown characters are made, it's like all of the all that that comes along with like sometimes brownness and blackness is a race or at least watered down, you know, And so I didn't want that. I wanted her to be like, no, she's black, you know, although she her family's gonna be definitely mixed, so like she'll have her white aunt and her Latina uncle and all that kind of stuff. But I wanted her, in particular to just be regular black, little cute little girl with her little chunky nose and her full lips and slightly slightly big belly. My team was like, I was like, I want her chunky, because every little girl is not super skinny. Like let her look like a little girl. I had a little belly when I was ten. I got a little belly now darted, and so I'm excited because it looks like the way I wanted it to look, and I just I feel good about it. I had a dream about her being on TV, Like I was watching her cartoon in my dream, and I was like oh maybe that's the next step, hey, Nickelodeon, But yeah, so that's my win. When is Jazz? You are awesome. Thank you for bringing my dream to life without watering it down and making this beautiful little brown girl. And who is she's her model is a Supergirl. So I gave him pictures of Supergirl to say, like, make her like this. And Supergirl has been great and her mom had been helping, like when stuff came back, they would both look at it and be like, oh, a little bit here, a little bit. They're a little taller, a little bit chunkier, a little bit, you know. So it's been awesome because it's been like a family affair, so you know, the new normal family where it's like stepmom, mom, dad, daughter, you know.
Speaker 3: So I love it. I love kids books and to have a book about like we just gave our my husband's scoped out our little personal finance book with like some we got our some stockpile gift cards. You know, it's like the you can give stock as a gift through a gift card now anyway. But I was like, man, let's find a good like money book for kids. And I just the book Shore. We went to there was nothing so to have like a cute little book for kids about money that's like the perfect gift. You got a baby shower or like whatever. So the excited, right.
Speaker 2: I'm excited too because I'm just like I just feel like, you know, you just when sometimes you're making a decision or a choice, you can feel like the shift. You know. I think everyone has like noted that ooh, this change is going to be a pivotal shift, and it's going to create a pivotal shift in my life. And I feel like this is one of those things like when I stopped teaching preschool, I knew, like, Okay, this is a pivotal shift. And for some reason, you know, and I've done other things before that been awesome and great, but for some reason, this little girl, this little character, she's been like it's been very clear to me that there's a shift, you know, happening with this character. So I'm excited to see like where this goes because I just have a feeling about it like that, you know. My goal is for her to be the next door the explorer that like you know, I was. If you when you don't you don't have the kids, but you do, you know, Nick Steppens.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, we talked about Doc mc steppens.
Speaker 2: So I was getting Chinese food from my sister and I was in there and the lady, assuming she's Chinese, and so her daughter was sitting at a table playing with her friend, and the little her daughter, who's obviously Chinese, had a little Docma Stefan's doll, and I was like, that's what I mean that, Like, it's not like this little girl's like, I'm playing with the black doll. She's like, no, I'm playing with a doll from a show that I enjoy, and that's what I want. But it's teaching her this secondary kind of like you know that, oh you know that she's not even realizing that it's normalizing a little brown girl as a doctor and part of my life, you know what I mean. And so that's what I'm wanting. I'm wanting that kind of door the explored Docmak Steffans Cosby show effect, where you know that it normalizes that all people can be all things and you know that they can also be a part of your life. So, yeah, good things. So some of your good good rais and good good if you have any vegan recipes some simple ones too. You can send those two some big d please yeah, telling them that they can send them if you have some simple like some of y'all send me some vegan stuff And I'm like child, anybody be in the kitchen for three hours cooking it up like that because it's only me. No one else is vegan in the house. So some simple, yummy vegan recipes that make me say mmm, Like, you know, I like cooking, but I'm not like super shechpholic, so I like to keep it down to just a few steps.
Speaker 3: Got it all right? Well, if you guys have any ideas for TIFT, you can go to non Ambition podcast dot com. You can send us a question at Brown Ambition podcast dot com or hit us up on Twitter at the BA podcast or on Facebook. Bro An Ambition and Real Quick courtesy announcement of a change coming to the show beginning the next Wednesday to celebrate our two year anniversary. One of the ways we're celebrating is to change up the publication of the show, so we're no longer be airing on Tuesday mornings. You will cantune into us on Wednesday mornings, So prepare yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so glad you remember that I totally forgot, Yes Wednesday, I like Wedda's hump Day. Can we can help you get over the hump day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, many, many, many hump day jokes in your future. You're welcome in advance.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that, like, oh, I can't live with these updays jokes