Speaker 1: The streak continues. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Prose. This is leading off, brought to you by Bet MGM. The King of sportsbooks is me, Joey p Joe, Pi's apia with me today is the Welsh, and of course it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, everybody hanging out talking a little baseball. We've got a lot to get to, a lot of injury updates. We've got a prospect call up. We're gonna pick the brain of mister Prospect. Won the Welsh on in just a bit. Plus the Angels continue to lose games, no matter who's the manager and no matter what the music selections are. Welsh, It's great to see you again, my friend. How are you this fine afternoon.
Speaker 2: I'm better than all the Angels, all the angel fans, all of the company, the organization, Joe Maddens maybe doing a little bit better, little vindication, and they're like, I still still picking up those losses. Hu, when I'm out of here. By the way, I've been meaning to say this every single time. I have to hold myself back. When you open the show, I want to do the King of Beepers, how you say it. Do you know that you say it? Just like do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm King of beepers. I remember peepers.
Speaker 2: Someone's going to get this for me. It was the name. It was like, da da da, I am the King of beepers. And I'm completely I'm gonna type it in now, and so obviously you don't, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I know, there's only like a couple of year age difference. And I do know a J and I remember this.
Speaker 2: I am JJ the King of Beepers. It was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Nineties?
Speaker 2: It was a mid nineties Las Vegas guy who only sold bee beepers, and.
Speaker 1: I guess it was probably it was probably phenomenally, but nobody I had never heard of that. Everyone in the Midwest is like, what are you crazy? Or it is like a home depot kind of place. Well, CAGs lost his mind, and meanwhile everybody in New York, New Jersey's like, I have no idea what Tack is talking about. You're right, but turned out like everybody in the Midwest was like, yeah, of course, you mean, what do you mean? You know, realize these things A lot of people are apparently do know what Walsh was talking about I do not I do. A couple of people that were the King of Beepers back in the day.
Speaker 2: JJ Beepers, Go JJ Beepers. You will see it and you'll get the King of Beepers commercial and it will completely change your perception. How Joe opens the.
Speaker 1: Show directly after the show, now, I'm gonna have to go check this out. We had the Wiz. Nobody beats the Whiz Nobody. That's what we had over the New Jersey area. So the Whiz sold a lot of the electronics. But let's see if we could sell you on some baseball. Here. Aaron Nola blanks the Brewers for eight innings. A great start from him. Aaron Nola continues to look like the picture we always wanted him to be. And you're welcome, America's because I dropped him back into the pool. In my keeper league this year, Alex Wood was terrific. Seven innings over the Rockies for him. Cronin Worth again more signs of life, drives in five runs against the Mets. Look, this was bound to happen. The Mets have been really good. They've got some injuries, they're missing some pictures. This is going to be a stretch here for the Mets, which, by the way, guess where they're gonna play this weekend? The Angels, ladies and gentlemen. The immovable object meets the Uh. I don't know the Angels. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Two interesting worlds collide here. Someone's got a break.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting. That was actually a great opportunity for you to do one of your welshisms where you take two different.
Speaker 2: Fake a word, create a create a new word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, create a brand new phrase. So see if you can work on that. We come back here.
Speaker 2: It's natural and I can't push it. It's just it's a natural thing that happens where the words just come out.
Speaker 1: All right, Sean man I I was very good in that game as well. The Blue Jays are going to create create, are going to promote, excuse me, Gabriel and they're going to create him in a laboratory. They're going to promote Gabriel Moreno to the big club, number four prospect of the Toronto Blue Jays. So h got any breakdown on the twenty two year old kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I absolutely love him. He plays out here in the Arizona Fall League this past year and he had these shade and I lightly say this because you don't want to start taking this as the comp but he had these light early shades of when Vladimir Guerrero was out here. And what I mean by that was he did not get fooled. He didn't swing outside the zone. He only swung at his pitches and he made tons of contact. Now it got a little bit more wonky towards the back end, where he was eating on some sliders. But this is a high contact guy. He kind of built He's got a little tankishness in him, you know, a little bit like he's kind of builds out. He's not going to build up. He's not a completely ripped type of guy. But he incredible vision at the plate, awesome contact. This year in the minors, he's hitting three twenty four. The power isn't really showing up, but he's stealing a few bases three eighty OBP and he's hit three hundred and three of the last four minor league seasons dating back to twenty eighteen. The power just hasn't been like a huge, huge part of his game. I think he would be a phenomenal like Number two. It actually reminds me of like shades of Jason Kendall. Remember Jason Kendall, the prototypical number two hitter, Like, oh yeah, the body and stuff isn't the right comp but he's a type of hitter I think you can put in the two hole that would make a ton of sense, get a lot of contact, make a lot of contact. Just not gonna hit for a bunch of power. So to catcher leagues, this is an absolute, you know, no brainer. You want to speculate on these moves. I'm not really sure what all we're going to see out of him in these debuts. I don't think a bunch of power, but it's gonna hit. I would be shocked in his major league debut if he doesn't have a he doesn't get his first major league hit, that'll be my call. First major league hit in Game one.
Speaker 1: Somebody's not giving up a lot of hits this year. Sandy al Contra nine shutout innings on Wednesday, probably could go for ten. He could probably go forever.
Speaker 2: He's just all. Also, he had a five and a half k prop and he got it. I believe in the eighth inning, like people were losing their mind going through and he went a full nine and then just got the six. Here's the thing of beauty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all Contra just for you know, s Is and g Zier nine innings, six hits, six k's, one hundred and five pitches, eighty four strikes. Max Vilo was one hundred point four. He's got a point five to six e R in his last six starts Major league high eighty three innings and two thirds NL low one six one e ra. Jake Arietta was the last pitcher with six straight starts of seven plus innings and earn runs or fewer of zero there So eighty eighty.
Speaker 2: Four strikes is I'm having a hard time fathoming that. Eighty four strikes and one hundred and five pitches is a wild number. That guy is so ridiculous right now. He's one of those there's only a couple guys that like you just make your bet on you know. It's like you don't question where they start dfs, take your props. You just trust in san die al Contra, he will get you there. Put your faith and the dude, uh.
Speaker 1: Garrieta won this. I young that year. Just want to double check on that, so, you know, just just putting that out there when you when you get ahead of that, when you have that kind of a run, and at the end of the year, your stats are gonna be Unbelievablet's do a little check up. Oh, by the way, I guess who's the new leader for National League So I young Santi al Contra right now plus four to fifty over on betting pro So yesterday he was the number two at six fifty. After this start he jumped. Still he's still good numbers. Please everyone jump on the four to fifty. I'm telling you this is gonna be the rocket ship nessor Cortes. We jinxed it. It was. It was fun, wilt last and of course your guy Buxton was the guy that really ruined it. He's actually really good for the first couple innings and then things fell apart. It happened sometimes. Ortes allowed a season high four runs after we said, look, we've been doing this forever. Nineteen straight outings of three runs are fewer. By the way, I also found this amazing stat which I think is super important. Nesser Cortes without a mustache from twenty eighteen to twenty twenty. The era was six seven to two with the mustache. From twenty twenty one to two two two point three to five. So if that's not a guy who should have a manscaped some sort of I don't know where, like a mustache cream endorsement, this is the dude. I mean, go get him right now.
Speaker 2: These opportunities they don't just fall in your lap that often. Did you see there's a shirt? I think it's road a Ware has a shirt of the uh, I don't remember. It's some takeoff of Super Mario, but it didn't occur to me. And it's Matt Carpenter with his mustache and Nestor Cortez of like Mario and Luigi. And I was like, my god, have there ever been two guys that they should actually do a movie? They should do a movie with those two. It's uncanny they don't cast actors as good as Matt Carpenter and Nester Cortez would look as Mario and Luigi. And they're making Rugo.
Speaker 1: Mister Buster said it all. Sandeel Contrac could have my children there you go, or future children. I just want to give up his own kids. He wants to actually have more kids. He wants to reproduce. I believe that's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the deal's already done, mister Buster. Your children are gone, not the future ones.
Speaker 1: The children are gone. That's it. You take your children away, all right? Let Andy doesn't injury update a lot to get to Tylor mcguil Tylo the Terrible returns to the Mets rotation tomorrow night. Speaking of which, tomorrow night, I will be seeing the double A Yankees play, So I'm gonna give you some some Twitter footage. I'm gonna take some video of Anthony Volpi because my daughter and her class are singing the national anthem before the game.
Speaker 2: So that's wow, that's very very Anthony Volpia is a class act to you. Should you should try to see you get some FaceTime with Anton Anthony Volpi. Do it for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gonna definitely have to do that. Mike Mayor, why don't you come join me at the ballpark. We'll have a beer together. Come on on, you Starling Marte and Pete Alonzo are gonna avoid the il, looks like. So that's good news. But the bad news is you're probably not gonna have him through the weekend. That would be my guess. So this is gook. There's only so many things you could take away from a baseball team, and there's still gonna be a good team. You can take away a picture, you can take away too, you can take away Alonso, you take away Marte. It's too much, You're gonna start going in the other direction. That's what's going to happen. Andre Bogart's returned to the lineup last night. A Kittridge by the way from Tampa is gonna be headed for right elbow surgery, so no surprise there. Dodgers activate Max Muncy, so that's good news. And then Brandon Woodruff with the ankle issues throwing off the mound today, so we'll keep an eye on that. Any of these injuries.
Speaker 2: You want to hit on Welsh Monsey, I don't know, you know, I was a big defender of Max Munsey in the preseason. I'm not really sure how much is still there. I was paying attention he oh for three and rehabs start. I mean, nothing else came from the rehab starts, by the way, you know, like you know, the struggle in the season, they get hurt, maybe they come back raking the miners went and the rehabbing come back. None of that's happening. I'm very worried that Mancy that Munsey might be washed or Nancy, either one of them. That Macy Fancy months bad Max Munsey, the bad Max Money used.
Speaker 1: To read the Fancy Nancy books to my daughters. I remember Fancy Nancy, but Fancy Munsey, all right, thought, so, yes, this is true. I forgot Mike Mayor has already spoken for this is why I couldn't go. I was actually invited to go to the Phillies game with Mike Mayer and Blaine, but unfortunately again had the conflict. I had another baseball to go to, so I forgot about that. So and all this like Team Mayor stuff. Oh my god, this going.
Speaker 2: This uprising of team all you people that hate children and want bad things to happen, and you love Mike Mahyor. I know this uprising is wild, Joe. Maybe we don't know the audience like we really thought we did. That there is maybe a small group. There's a small group gathering, and that's never good.
Speaker 1: All right, Other things that are not good right now? The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Angels last night turned to Nickelback walk up songs to end their losing skid because whenever you're trying to break a streak, certainly Nickelback is the way to do it, I would imagine, But it didn't matter. The streak is now at fourteen. They lost one nothing. Mike Trout is still out with the groin injury. I do have the lineup of Nickelback songs along with the line of the Otani came out to photograph Joe Adel to Rockstar, Jared Walsh to do how you remind me? Matt Duffy do somedays? The day was your last day, Brandon marsh when we stand together, Jack Mayfield, what are you waiting for? Kurtzuzuki this afternoon? And Tyler Wade came out to animals, so well, what would you suggest tonight or the weekend for the angels to break this tree?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I've got I think I got this. But by the way, I can only mentally recite two of those songs, rock Star and how how you remind me? Immediately I did the look, it's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Nineties guy, nineties guy, any of those songs.
Speaker 2: So I love this one. I think they should try this. I think it's a teammate that's doing this, but there is a young outfielder, Oscar Gonzales for the Guardians, who, by the way, big like deep leagues. You should if you haven't picked him up, you should consider all the dude hits. He rakes hit three hundred and the miners hitting three hundred in the majors. Not a lot of crazy counting stats by His walk up song currently is the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song. So when he comes up, it's oh, lives in a pineapple under the seat and he comes up to bat. Maybe he picked it, maybe a teammate picked it for him. Well, I think they should maybe go with children's cartoons for that, because they're playing like kids. They're playing about the level of you know, little pee weee baseball. So I think children's cartoons, little rug Rats, little SpongeBob in there do it. I like it.
Speaker 1: I would go the route of you know, it's time to pull yourself together and get back together with your life and start to move on, which means is only one person for that. It's Taylor Swift. Everybody has a Tailor Swift song. It's all about you. You know things are not going well, It's time to you know, pick yourself up and say no, I'm gonna live my best life. I don't care how many games I lose in a row. It's definitely Taylor Swift. We need a vote.
Speaker 2: I wish we had a polling feature that we could say, what should the Angels do next?
Speaker 1: Get a polling feature?
Speaker 2: Here you yah. TV theme songs are Taylor Swiftah, Taylor Swift songs.
Speaker 1: Here's another fun tweet. A lot of people are saying that if the Red Sox were a West Coast team that they'd have the best record in baseball, possibly even undefeated.
Speaker 2: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: But is it true to certain extent? Like if if you picked up the Red Sox and dropped them in on the West that maybe they would be a little bit better considered how they've owned some of those West teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah, I mean it's an interesting statement. Crime is that. I mean that that's kind of pretty open, Like if they're on the West Coast, they would be better.
Speaker 1: Mark, Look at Mark, they did break up with Joe Madden. They just went through a breakup. It's time for the Taylor Swift song. One hundred percent, right Mark?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Yeah, yours makes a lot Okay, you're masil. I'm associating you're trying to break while they're playing like kids.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking emotionally, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you'res And it also like she could be there, like doesn't she live there? Like she could probably go and sing the songs New York Actually would that be? Could you do that? Could somebody some time, like a tailor shift, could they hire and they live play every walk up music for the home team with that'd be incredible.
Speaker 1: How much of that would be pretty awesten? Yeah, go a lot, there you go, Walkye Penguins in here Love Stories one of the best songs of all time. The Folklore album is tremendous, and nobody could tell me anything different.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't know, but yeah, just the red Slide. Sure, I guess I could buy that. There's always a narrative, though, there's always one of those you know this team we're in the NL or on the wet Okay, Yeah, maybe those teams don't see the Red Sox. You know, they're getting beat up by the same division a whole lot, and then they come out and then they I just think it's relative if you're playing the Diamondbacks and Rockies you know, every other week. That's a good thing. So by that respect, okay, sure, that's why the Dodgers should obviously always be better because you're playing just a couple of crappy teams.
Speaker 1: But you know, all right, let's talk about this too. The highest win probability added for the twenty twenty two seasons. So this is a fun little MLB stat thing here. So the top four guys number one as many much Hot with plus two point three eight, Aaron Judges third with plus two three one. Fourth is Mooie Bets with plus two two nine. Somebody is second with two point three to two, and that somebody is ty France, of all people. So I just wanted to take a pause here and talk about Ty France. Who Look, there's a dude here's twenty seven years old. We know he's in the Padres system for a while. He finally got out of that system and now look at him. I bet the Padres would love to have him back right now. God, the way they're needing some offense.
Speaker 2: It's where I first saw him too, Yeah, I remember watching him on the backfields of the Padres when Manny Machado hadn't reported to camp and playing third, and was like, this, dude, is he's legit. He's absolutely he's.
Speaker 1: Legit, and he was just never given the opportunity. And if you look at what he's doing right now this year, hitting three twenty seven with a four to two OBP of four ninety one, slugging eight ninety three ops, nine homers, thirty eight ribis, I mean that is elite. Why are we not talking more about ty France having this elite season because it seems like, well, we're doing a service to everybody else by not talking about it more.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily disagree with that. I mean that one of my mantras in the preseason. Ironically, this is one of those few things that like, you know, you get attached to was he was the glue. I called him the glue. Ty France is the type of player you want on all your teams because he just doesn't really hurt you. Now, he's exponentially played better than that. I think maybe one of the reasons is as good as he is, and you get like, I'm not really sure what this stat and this stat kind of reminds me of like an offshoot of like War, Like you know, you're talking.
Speaker 1: About kind of status. But added like War, like that guy like is in the lineup, the win probability goes up by two. Yeah, and that's substantial. It's like these are the MVPs Mahado, Betts, Judge and then ty France. But nobody talking about ty France is an MVP. But he's having an MVP caliber reason. It's fascinating.
Speaker 2: But the stats. But that's why I was trying to go with it is I think the underlying stuff is really there for him. Like I said, whether it's you look at War, you're like, oh, the value. But the stats are fine. As good of a season as he having right now. If you were to go take the bat X, his d season projection will be twenty one homers, fifty eight I'm sorry, eighty eight RBI. And if I'm doing quick Matt, that looks like seventy six runs, no stole one or no stolen bases. That's good, but that's not phenomenal. That's not in the same camp as those other players, not Mookie Betts, that's not those same guys.
Speaker 1: So fo is elite three four five slashes. You know, there's like four or five guys a year that hit the play over a whole season.
Speaker 2: It plays, but it is not a fantasy elite thing, and we just run into this sometimes these guys are so much better from a baseball perspective than from a fantasy perspective. But we should respect put some respect on ty France for sure.
Speaker 1: I also think that when you're looking at some of these players that get blocked in certain organizations that you like, don't give up on them. You know, you hope that they get a second breath in another organization, because we've seen that work for some players, and ty France is certainly one of them. My goodness, I mean, match Haniger got to give Seattle a lot of credit because now that you're you're kind of looking at it, right, You've got Hanneger Diamondbacks, right, You've got Ty Franz from San Diego. Wasn't JP Crawford in the Philly system.
Speaker 2: Japi Crapper's, Well, yeah, he was a big, big Phillies guy.
Speaker 1: The Seattle Mariners scouting on the major league level, where at the professional level, is really good. I mean, they have looked at some of these teams and they have taken these pieces away. Oh you don't want this guy I'll take that guy. Think about that, think about how good they've been. And you kind of need to be that because it's hard to get free agents to Seattle. So you almost have to be the kind of team that's going to go out there and be able to say, you know what, this prospects underrated, this prospects undervalue, this prospect is blocked here. Let's go grab these guys and give them one hundred and sixty two game seasons to go play baseball. And most of them have responded. I mean, it's a pretty good model for c.
Speaker 2: And they do it. I mean also, you know they traded for Johnio Suarez and you look at a bunch of other guys in their free agency too. In spring training. I spent a lot of time at Purea this year. During spring training, they also the free agents they come in and work out. They had Billy Hamilton that was working out. They had brought back Mike Ford if you remember him. They this is their model is they look at these guys that have underperformed and they say, can we fix them. They don't deal it with pitching. They developed the pitching internally, but they say, can we fix these guys? And they do a pretty good jobs and they have.
Speaker 1: It all worked. I mean, look, Taylor Tremmel, you know, was in the Cincinnati system. He hasn't worked.
Speaker 2: That's fine, all right. I mean Kelnick hasn't been a great trade either, so.
Speaker 1: Well, right, But that that was like the big That was like the earth shattering move, like, oh my god, we're gonna have two superstars and then these other guys are gonna fill in. Ty Frantis might like the superstar and Kellennicks and Triple A. Let's get to some other things here. Let's get to the trivia question of the day. Who was the last Dodger player to be named All Star Game MVP? And yes, it's happened in the last thirty years. So the last Dodgers player to be named All Star MVP?
Speaker 2: Who was it?
Speaker 1: Drop the names in the chat again, you have to be subscriber. He pros MLB to be a peanut a cracker jack officially and be in the chat here, So if you've got one, make sure you drop the answer there also, maybe tomorrow will save this for tomorrow. Feels like I want to do a deep dive about some of the pitching prospects in the pipeline here each team. Maybe you can give me a breakdown, give you some extra time to prepare for that one. We'll do that tomorrow on the show, since is rolling a little late today. Stat heroes a contra at the top obviously, no earned run, six k's nine innings. Best pitcher in baseball right now. I mean it's hard not to argue. Aaron Nola eight innings, no earned six k's, Merle Merril Kelly six innings, no earned five k's for him, Alex Woods seven sorry not scoreless, one earned run for him, no walks, five k's. Tony Gonsolin continues to be very sharp. Man. Where would the Dodgers be Welsh without Tony Gonsolin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, well you know him and the guy that's going today, Tyler Anderson. Those two have absolutely carried this team. Tony Gonson seven and it's un He's freaking believable.
Speaker 1: Is this the hot take? Tony Gonsolin's the best picture for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a hot take, but statistically you're backed up on it. You have your bag. I mean, walked up Yueler are pretty brutal right now, Like they're they're they're their arrow is trending down where You've got these guys. But this is this is what winning teams do, though, is you can't just have your superstars prop you up at all times. Someone has to step up. Dodgers put themselves in a good situation. They have players that can step up. Tyler Anderson, Gonsolin, Edwin Rios was doing that. This is what winners do.
Speaker 1: Man, some fun answers here in the chat, Bob says Kershaw, No busiers of Jesus said, Pedro Guerrero, No, no, Adrian Gonzalez, no Seawan Grie, no Eric Gangna. It was like Piazza the Pizza Man. Like Piazza the pizza Man, That's who the answer was. So it was the last guy. Also, here's a fun one. Steven Strasbourg coming back today. Look at that very exciting. Doctor Glenn brings that up. Any any thoughts, feelings, emotions about the return of Steven Strasbourg.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I actually on the Ittail Show we had a whole thing because he's so anti Strasbourg and the injuries, and he just there's something in him, it's a craw in him about it. I'm always kind of rooting for Strasbourg never lived up to the potential. Just one of those guys we're going to go back on that. Just the wasted years of injuries lived up to.
Speaker 1: The potential putting bursts. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: That's not like having a season of it, but having a season of it isn't living to all of that potential. I actually still think he can put together a half decent season. He's sitting out there for free. But you know, at the same time, like Corbyn's completely falling apart, I would have preemptively picked up Strasburg had he still been sitting out there. Tell you all to do that, not try to start him. Let's see what you're truly in for. He could be washed. But I don't think it's ridiculous to think that there's still a couple of years in there. And I think we set the over under. Let me ask you at twelve and a half starts this year, and I think, yeah, I said the number, and I think there's like applicable starts. Let's say there's twenty potential starts you could have because you're already eleven or twelve in And I said it, twelve and a half over.
Speaker 1: Understarts, I'll go under. I just you went.
Speaker 2: Under too, and I took over.
Speaker 1: I mean you're probably right, but man, yeah it's Strasbourgh. Look, you know you're right. All the talent, I mean for his bank account, he certainly has, you know, lived up to his expectations. I mean, the dude's gotten paid and he had a great run a couple of years ago. He's got a world series ring, he had the big contract. It's just unfortunate that it didn't work out for him. Wonkey Penguin agrees.
Speaker 2: Now I saw that much. I feel like I'm gonna who's coming with me? Anybody gonna take that out? Anybody gonna come to one person will coming.
Speaker 1: And to be clear, we don't want Strasbourg to fail. We just we're just used to it. We're used to him not being on the mound. It's just frustrating and talking about investments and it's it's unfortunate and the nationals are forced.
Speaker 2: They just really the one thing I would point out, sorry, the I would point out when we're joking and you're like, oh the under and buzz as it said, the lat strain is coming. The one thing that happened with him. Just to remind you, is they babied him. He even said he was not He said this preseason he would not come back until he was one hundred percent. They weren't going to try to get him in the rotation when he's eighty five percent. They've babied him through June. He's done rehab starts for all intentsive purposes, this is starting fresh.
Speaker 1: This is this is another thorastic outlets syndrome which has ended so many careers. I mean hardly anyone. In fact, almost no one has come back successfully and been the same picture after. It's just a fact. Go look it up. It's it's terrible. And I wonder why it happens to pictures. I want to know more, like where's the study on thorastic outlets syndrome in pictures, because that is the thing. In the last ten years we've seen destroy good major League baseball pitching careers and we can't see him. To figure out why these guys keep having it. Is it something away that they're throwing, Is it something mechanical, is it something that the you.
Speaker 2: Know the also they can't recovering methods. It's Tommy John They've coming through with a recovery with that injury, and we haven't seen like a really proper way to recover from thorastic outlet. And it's kind of a pitch er death sentence at this point, way more than Tommy Tommy John's nothing. It's just like, all right, let's just get it. No, let's get back to.
Speaker 1: I would rather hear Tommy John and thoracic outlets intro in a dynasty league. It's not even close. Bryce is Scott your boy? Four for four with a homer, Jake Cornworth three for four with a dinger, Josh Rojas went yard, Kyle Schwarber, look at him, four for five, getting all the hits. Austin Riley, I think he's up the nineteen home runs or something like that. Austin Riley's on fire. Adam Duvall hit a home run, Manny Marco four for five, Tarler Neil two for four with the dinger, Randy Rose Arena four RBI three for five. Hope you listened to me a couple weeks ago. I told you that the cheap it's saying, all right. The stad zero's Chris Bassett six earned runs. Not good last night, Nester Cortes not good? Was that your CUIDI for earned? Not good? Packy Naughton Nowton, Packing Nowton. I yeah, I heard that Packy Nowton was going to, uh potentially run for office. Everybody loves that Packing Norton.
Speaker 2: I think pack is a new character in Picky Blinders and season six.
Speaker 1: I think olock Packy Norton is what I want you to do. I want to take David Strasburg and Packing Norton, and I want you to go up to and while you have a talk with him, all right, I want you ever have a run talk with that Tassa. All right. Hitters here, Jack Peterson over four, four k's Mitch Garver over four, four k's Freddy Freeman over four. Just three k's Jazz Chisholm had a great night the other night. Three k's over four. He's just two for twenty three over his last six games, but those two were home runs. What are you doing with Jazz Chisholm right now? Just like you're riding the waves of the up and downs?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you are, if you were sitting here being like, oh my god, what do I do about jazz buddies, This is what you were in for. This is the exact conversation Jazz was the new era, Javier Baiaz. You're gonna have high highs, You're gonna have low loves. This is what you get in for. Also that all Mariner's nonsense. There was more stuff that was going on about it. Some players were saying it was nonsense. Some players that need to be done. Boy, it really feels like I don't know if you heard any of the comments. They were kind of talking about somebody getting really like guys focused on stats. I don't want to put it on jazz because I personally love jazz. It feels very jazz ish right now, like you know a player that's focused on their stats a whole lot. And it was positioned. Players that were talking about it need to be said. Just throwing that out there that I don't know if there's any team against him, it's pure speculation, but you have to this is what you have to be prepared for to weather the storm. You want to wear the storm. Go get Luis Rise or something like that. You're not gonna get your power and your speed, but you can get the batting average. But you should have prepared with a guy like Jazz, So you wait this out this is not the time to make any trade or move or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Will the Adamas returns and goes over four or three k's. Also, in a cruel twist of fate, yesterday was National Contrarast Day here on the program. So if you picked a contreras and that controllers went yard, you got two points for the home run. You picked the wrong contrarasts. The younger brother did go yard. What a cruel twist of face.
Speaker 2: I tried to push. I created National Controller's Day, and I didn't and my guy got the postponed. I did put a new guy in, but it didn't work out. So I'm still not on this dangboard.
Speaker 1: Four people called on the contraras day. By the way, no movement in the top of the board as you can see. And now it says Mike Mahyer and three others, ha, look at him. It's pretty soon he'll be off the board. I get two home runs tonight. Next thing you know, you don't see Mike Mayer's face again on this board. You never know. All those Tamayor people. Oh there's precious t Mayor people. They can't compete with the King of sports books. Right now, bet MGM bet ten dollars win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today and download the bet MGM app or go to betmgm dot com. Enter the promo code to the leading off one word leading off, enter it, have some fun, make some wagers responsibly with us today. Ronald Acunya total bases on DK one and a half minus one o five. Cedric Mullens same number, one and a half is plus one oh five. Love that against KC today. Garrett Cole strikeout numbers are seven and a half. It's a high number at Minnesota, but it's minus one twelve. I'm willing to take the over there. And Dylan Bundy on DK just three and a half on the K's I think he can get the four. That's minus one fifty five, so the juice is a lot. But I kind of like that one. Welsh what peeped to you in the prop market today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I hate those big ones. I mean I did it yesterday with Aaron Nola Aerono was freaking phenomenal, but he just didn't get to that strikeout number. And I did hit the under and Gonsolin strikeouts, but I hate those really, really big ones, and that is almost like reiteration why I don't want to do it. The two that I like Tyler Anderson strikeouts at four and a half. He's hit that in six straight weeks. And what I found interesting about him as well, where he's being like Tony Gonson light. He does not qualify from a you know, innings pit qualification standpoint on fangrass. But if he did, his fourteen and a half swinging strike percentage would be seventh in baseball and his thirty percent CSW would get him inside the top eleven. So if you want to talk about the type of strikeout pitcher he is, he's going up. Matchup isn't the greatest for him, but it's still something I'm gonna I'm gonna take. It's a pretty easy number. Like I said, he hit it six straight weeks the other one and this is clockwork for me. I always bet Shane McClanahan even if it doesn't hit. I think at the end of the year, if you just bet every k prop you will come out on top. It is at six and a half and he's hit it five straight games. He's against a White Sox though, but or no, he had eight against the White Sox and he's going up against the Cardinals. And the reason I marked that is those are two very similar teams in the level that they do not strike out. So Shaane McClanahan, Tyler Anderson both ks over all, right.
Speaker 1: Real quick, it's a short DFS slate tonight, so we won't spend too much time. Max Free against the Pirates is my lock, especially on DK nine point five. Nick Pavett has been really good these last few starts. I know it's like trolling the Angels, but you know what I mean, I don't know how many games they can lose in a row they got to With Tani on the Mount tonight, I guess I would say this, play Max Freed and Paveta together in cash and play Max Freied and Joehaltani who's eight point one and Pavetta's eight point four in tournaments, and just fade Garret Cole because he'll be very chalky and everybody will be on Garrett Cole tonight. But I would go with Freed and go with Pavetta. That's kind of my preference tonight. Welsh, who is your home run call for this evening?
Speaker 2: My friend, I will take it to the courts and I will let the judge decide. Aaron Judge, give me bombs.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Ronald O Kunia tonight. Mike Mayor of course going with Ryan Mountcastle. God my god, I mean I'm pretty sure, Like if there is a fan club for Ryan Mountcastle, not only is Mike Mayor the president, he is the only member. It's pretty unbelievable, Like did he grow up with him? This is like a friend of his from high school or something.
Speaker 2: He did, Like did he like tweet it? Mayor like tweeted in one time. Mountcastle was like, hey, good job, buddy, and he's like, this is my.
Speaker 1: Thing, and then it's forever since Yeah, you know what he did do? Friend, He didn't throw a ball into the crowd at Mike mahyor that that's for sure. That definitely did not happen. Now, I wonder if a ball from Ryan Mountcastle got tossed into the crowd where Mike Mayor is. Does Mike Mayor throw that ball back? Does he give it to a kid it's.
Speaker 2: The ball goes to Mike Mayor, Does it exist anymore? And did ever be a ball?
Speaker 1: This feels like the next season of Stranger Things. Before we get too creeped out here, we're gonna end the show. Hope you had a good time. Everybody. Make sure you subscribe to the fancy ros MLB channel. We got a new by Low Sell High video out and of course the Wayverwire video should be out any moment now, sometime in the next twenty four hours, so look for that. So subscribe and click that bill for notifications. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey pay We'll see you next time. Kids. Here's why Aboutress.