Speaker 1: Welcome to the Tutor Dixon Podcast.
Speaker 2: We wanted to chat about something that recently happened. There was a decision from the Supreme Court that said that the state of Tennessee was actually able to uphold a ban on transgender surgeries for miners. So I wanted to find someone who could chat about this. And there is a doctor in Texas who was very brave and came out and it was a whistleblower on the Texas Children's Hospital.
Speaker 1: Who was exposed.
Speaker 2: He exposed them for performing sex change surgeries on miners after they announced that they would.
Speaker 1: Stop those surgeries.
Speaker 2: So doctor Aton him, thank you so much for joining me today.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 2: First off, I want to say having gone through what you did, because I think it's bigger than just being a whistleblower. And this is something that I think people need to understand, is that you came out And were you a resident at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I was a surgical resident at Baylor College Medicine. And one the hospitals that we spend the most time working at is Texas Children's Hospital. You know which really is It's one of the most amazing hospitals in the world because of what they can do for these sick kids. But the administration in this clinic, what they were doing was just egregious. And when the Supreme Court decision especially is you know, it was very important for me. It was a very big deal because I blew the I blew the whistle anonymously right May sixteenth, twenty twenty three, exposing this fact this was happening at TCH. And then the next day, Texas passed SB fourteen, which was the law that would ban these gender interventions for children. So within twenty four hours of this story coming out, what we had exposed was made illegal in the state of Texas. And this Supreme Court decision what was going to impact that law? So it was you know, it was following it very closely. And yeah, I played a big part in this story.
Speaker 2: So this Supreme Court decision and came out, it was interesting to me because you saw Democrats just kind of losing their minds. They were all on the news going saying, how could you do this? How could you take away these rights from children. It's hard for me to even talk about I am someone I've said on the program many times, who I'm a breast cancer survivor, so I've gone through a double mistectomy.
Speaker 1: I see that they do this to fifteen year old girls.
Speaker 2: And I just think, what a nightmare that these children have no idea what the lifelong impact of this is. And I heard you talking about this, and you said, you know, we have these these medications, and these are some of the most severe, highly.
Speaker 3: The most powerful ever created, most powerful of medicine. It's true, it's true. It's it's insane.
Speaker 2: And I found that interesting because it is because it changes who you are, and it goes into your body, and your hormones regulate your entire system. And I think people don't understand your hormones regulate your entire system. And they also this is a critical moment for these kids because their bodies are changing, and these people want to force this upon children who can't make this decision for themselves. On top of that, you're also getting these these surgeries, which I've talked to some kids that have detransitioned it, and they believe that it is.
Speaker 1: They are butchered on purpose.
Speaker 2: There's some sort of weird gratification of these surgeons doing this, And I just want to know what do you think about that you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's you know how it is right, you had to double missect me. And that's really one that I don't.
Speaker 1: Look the way those pictures look. That's the shocking thing to me when I see these kids that have this hideous scar across their chest. But that's not what I look like.
Speaker 3: And you know, I remember doing, you know, doing these surgeries and residency and when you talk to these women and go through the informed consent process, it's such an important thing because they're losing their breasts. It's a part of them, right, It's what they had, how they took care of their babies. Right, it's part of their natural being, and you're removing that. In your case, you had breast cancer. There's a reason for it, Like when the doctor is saying, you know, you have to have the surgery because you just.
Speaker 2: Said something so critical. You talked about what it meant to these women, this emotional discussion that you had with them, and you said, this is how they took care of their babies, you know what, because they had that chance. And I went through all of that. I found out that I had cancer when I was still nursing my twins.
Speaker 1: I was still going through that part of life.
Speaker 2: And I know women who have had this when they have little babies and they have to make that decision do I just do this now and we cut that off and if I have more children that won't be a part of that story, or they do it before they have children, but they are adults making that decision and knowing that this changes who they are, It changes who they were.
Speaker 1: A part of them is no longer there as an adult. That's hard, and that's.
Speaker 3: Why the role of the doctor is so important because whenever you do anything to anyone, a medication, a surgery, anything, you understand that the potential of that thing to be therapeutic can also be destructive, which is why the principle of medicine is do no harm. Right. It's not like the military where it's like defend the constitution or police, you know, protect and serve. These are like positive things like things you do in medicine. It's do no harm. It's a warning. It's saying, don't screw this up, right, because there has to be this inherent caution in what we do. If we do something to anyone, there has to be a good reason. And in these general interventions, what more people are waking up to know, which has been true all along, is that it's completely fraudulent, right, what they're telling these people is not true. The idea that this decreases the risk of people killing themselves was always lie. They never had any studies to support that. But plus, it makes no sense. You can't just give a confused kid blockers a bunch of hormones and do surgery on them and then tell them for the rest of their life. They have to lie and expect that person to be in a better state of mental health of us.
Speaker 2: So that was something that I thought was key to of what you said, because you're saying these are the most powerful medications we give for disease, and that is to solve a medical problem. And I know some of the lupron and everything is given to women who are trying to get pregnant there and they understand this is I remember when my aunt was on that and it was just really hard on her.
Speaker 1: As an adult, it was very hard on her. It took her.
Speaker 2: Through mood swings and every it just changes. It's changing your hormones. This changes who you are, and it was very challenge. But that there was a that was a temporary fix to get to a solution and then move on.
Speaker 1: This is life that these kids are on this.
Speaker 2: But the point that you made was this is something that we treat disease with.
Speaker 1: I was a psych major. I know how we.
Speaker 2: Studied these these mental illnesses. And it was not there's not a solution, that's the problem. It wasn't like, well, okay, if you have a broken arm, you said it and it's fixed. If you have gender dysphoria, changing this person's gender and causing all different medical issues for them does not make them mentally healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not even possible to change gender. It's just changing physical characteristics and then depriving that person of their natural hormones and then giving them the hormones of the opposite sex. It's like the and in this case, this idea that it's their gender identity that's not a sign that birth quote unquote right, Like it's it's a biological fiction, you know. It's what they're telling these patients is not true. That's why I like the informed consent issue. People say, well, kids can't consent, Well, it's their parents who consent. But no patient can consent. No parent consent, can't consent to their child if they're being misinformed by their doctor. Right, Like if it's like if someone did double mass sect me and the patient didn't have cancer, but the doctor told them they have cancer. Even if they signed the form, you couldn't say that's informed consent because the patient was being deceived. And and you know, to see three justices on the Supreme Court and in sod of my oors dissent, it's not even bad logic. It's not like it's a few degrees away from what's true. It's anti logic. It's the intentional manipulation of reason and objective reality in order to ensure that healthy young children are mulated, sterilized and their lives destroyed. And to think that three people on the highest court of this country had dissented to preventing that is absolutely shocking because in our country this is an eighty twenty issue. On the Supreme Court, this is a sixty six percent issue.
Speaker 2: I mean, And in other countries this has been stopped and other countries have said this is not the right answer.
Speaker 1: This should not be done to children.
Speaker 2: And you know what, people do weird experimental things all the time when they're adults. I've seen people get horns in their head and everything else under the sun. And if you want to do something bizarre to your body as an adult, I guess there's someone out there that's going to do it to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I really don't understand how legally a doctor can do this with this what they call bottom surgery, because I have heard so many nightmare stories about these men who have their genitals changed over to look like women's and there are endless incontinent issues, and I mean there's never a good story.
Speaker 1: There's almost never that you hear.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just a beautiful transition for me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's to really understand what it means, like quote unquote bottom surgery. The whore only becomes greater the more you understand, because like these are areas that you know, I operated right the when you remove the penis, right, you have to remove the penis, the testicles. You have to create a womb cavity in between the bladder and the rectum. That is a very dangerous area to operate because you have all this healing tissue in this womb cavity. Whenever you have healing tissue in the body, what's going to happen is it tends to form fiscial attracts, which is just a connection, you know, So that can happen between this new cavity in the bladder or this new wound cavity like.
Speaker 1: A scar tissue connection or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so you can pour stool out of your new you know, quote unquote neovagiana, which is just a massive wound. And I deal with these issues in cases in other diseases like diverticulitis or cancer. Yeah, so people will urinate full pieces of stool, you know, and chronic UTIs. I mean, this is what they live with. But the people I take care of, they have this problem because of a physiological disease. The kids who have this problem, adults who are manipulated into having their doctrines do this to them. They were deceived into it.
Speaker 1: I so I don't understand, Like this is going to get really graphic. But I have never.
Speaker 2: Understood because I assume that if you want to change gender, you want if you're a man and you want to be a woman, you still want to have a relationship with someone, Like at some point this person still has that natural desire to have a connection with another human being, maybe a physical relationship, maybe a marriage someday. And I know that after my surgery, you're cutting through.
Speaker 1: Nerves that you don't feel. I don't have the sensation that I had before.
Speaker 2: I cannot imagine what it's like in the bottom surgery, as they call it, because do you have any How do you not cut through all the nerves? How do you have any feeling after that? And that to me is like that's a critical part of having sex with someone.
Speaker 3: I as a surgeon, I can't I really can't even fathom. It's something that's so truly horrifying too, you know, because for me it's something very meaningful because every time I bring a patient to an operating room, right, a lot of times, if it's an emergency case or something, you know, maybe only you have twenty minutes to get to know them. And even in these cases, these surgeons only meet these people for a certain period's time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's what people don't know your surgeon. You don't spend a lot of time with.
Speaker 3: And then when you bring them to an operating room, they are unconscious, they're naked, they're paralyzed, they're strapped to a bed, they're surrounded by strangers. All those strangers have very sharp objects, and that surgeon is going to cut into your body and change you permanently. So if as a surgeon, when you bring someone to an operating room, you have to make sure the reason you're bringing them is damn good. You have to make sure that they know that there are benefits of whatever you're doing to them outweigh the risks. And if you violate that person's trust and you do something to them that that was not needed, that's something that's horrifying. Because things go wrong in the operating room. You know, things go really wrong. People can die, people can die afterwards. But to bring them into a surgery that had no potential benefit, to put them into that situation where there's there's no way they can benefit, is I mean, that's the reason I put everything in the line. Ten years in prison.
Speaker 1: I was talking no benefit.
Speaker 2: I mean what you're telling me and what my mind has been able to wrap itself around when I hear about these surgeries, it's not just no benefit.
Speaker 1: This is lifelong pain.
Speaker 3: It's it's anti benefit, it's anti medicine, this is the introduction of disease, this is the definition of iatrogenesis, which is doctor induced damage. This is uh, it's something that is unfathomable in like the world of some of so called enlightenment, right, it's truly because at least.
Speaker 2: It's so hard to get people to see this though, because people have come out and they, i mean people have killed themselves because of these surgeries. We've had multiple people point out they've followed somebody on Reddit who's gone through this journey. And a lot of times when this happens, people do document the journey publicly, and oftentimes they're documenting the journey publicly up to the moment because there's so much excitement around it and there's so much encouragement to do it. You see these young people who are sixteen, seventeen, eighteen years old and they have an entire community that suddenly comes around them at a moment when life is just hard. You're going through so many things, and we talked about what those hormones.
Speaker 1: Do to you.
Speaker 2: They do mess with your brain at that point in your life, because you're growing, you're changing. Hormones are not something you want to mess with. And these kids get into a place where they feel alone and then suddenly they get into this online community where people are like, fantastic, you get to be a part of what we are and now you will change your body too. And then when they go through the surgery, the documentation continues and it becomes so much darker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've taken care of a number of patients, people who I who believe that they're transgender after they try to commit suicide. People jumping in front of trains, people trying and blow their heads off of shotguns, swallowing razor blades and these things happen down the road. It's horrifying. And to see the end result. And I think the reason, to go back to your original question, like, why is it so difficult for people to see it right? I think people bought into it in the beginning because it's something you can't conceive, right. The doctor's, major medical organizations, the government, they were unanimous in supporting it. And now the reality of it people are waking up to and they have to come to terms with the fact that they were complicit and one of the greatest crimes against children in the history of medicine. The severity of that is so profound for an individual to truly acknowledge that. I believe the people who drove this, the people who had defended it, there's no way for them to ever come back, because if they truly self reflect on what they've done, I believe that like self reflection is going to lead to their self immolation because imagine if that was you. Imagine if the people you were calling monsters, you know, the people you were saying, you know, we're the ones who wanted to damage and harm these kids, when it was actually you who was harming him. Right? Is there anything more evil than that? And how many innocent parents were sucked into this road and told to believe it. You know, it's I mean, it's the most vicious thing.
Speaker 2: We've got more coming up with whistleblower, doctor Heim, But first I want to tell you about my partners at ifcj Iran, a nation that has vowed to wipe Israel and the United States off the map, made calculated strikes at Israel. The onslaught of missiles targeting hospitals, schools, and nursing homes caused widespread devastation day after day, night after night. Israeli's face relentless and unprecedented attacks that killed dozens of innocent civilians. Thousands spled bombed out homes. Many required immediate medical care. These attacks were only the start of something that could be much, much worse. Your urgently needed gift to the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews will help provide wide scale food distribution along with critical first aid and emergency supplies, especially to Israel's most vulnerable, the sick, the elderly, children and families. Your gift today will help place new bomb shelters across Israel, along with first responder flak jackets and armored vehicles. Now is your time to save and heal Israel's most innocent and most vulnerable. To rush your gift today, call eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. Or go online to IFCJ dot org. That's IFCJ dot org. Now stay tuned. We've got more coming up after this. I have seen my kids grow up and go through so many different phases of life. I mean, for kids, you watch the different things that they like and the personalities that they are.
Speaker 1: And I mean we've gone through.
Speaker 2: Princesses to anime, to Harry Potter, to you know, Tom Boys, to sparkles and makeup and everything. I mean, and it's always forever changing. And I mean, I can look back on my own life and I remember my gosh, I remember having a pager and you know, skater jeans and big baggy flannels, and I wouldn't wear that now, you know. But there are those things that you kids go through phases where they find something to be incredibly cool, and then you look back on it you go, gosh, I can't believe that. I mean, my one daughter was like, mom, please take everything Harry Potter out of my room.
Speaker 1: And and you know, at.
Speaker 2: That time, gosh, she could have been tattooed in Harry Potter. She loved it so much, you know. And I'm not trying to make.
Speaker 1: Light of this.
Speaker 2: I just why can't we have that conversation that kids go through phases and there are not this many transgender kids in the world, and it is documented. I mean, this is the crazy part, Timmy. It is documented in the DSM that this is a the gender dysphoria exists, but it is incredibly rare and it has always been in there and it has always been incredibly rare, and there is no chance that there has been this sudden search in this one mental disorder.
Speaker 3: And just for the record, I still do have a pager, so.
Speaker 1: You are in a little bit different situation. I was probably like typing hello in numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, I think like, why can't we have this conversation about like you know this, These are phases, and these are children and even for adults. Right, people can go through hard times and look for comfort in a community. The reason we can't have those conversations that people are so antagonistic towards it is because to open the door for their own mistakes is going to open the door for something very very dark. And that's why I think, you know, going to the future of this issue, right, like where we go from here? These people are not going to give up right now.
Speaker 1: How do you find it? How do you fight it?
Speaker 3: This is the way you do it. So this is something you know of course. Now, the FEDS when they came after me, when they wanted to send me to prison for ten years, right when they when the prosecutor threatened.
Speaker 1: My blowing the whistle, they wanted to throw you in prison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when they threatened my wife. My wife had just been hired as a prosecutor with a Department of Justice and in Dallas, and the first call, the prosecutor threatened my wife and said, you know, you know, she's not going to have any problems unless she continues to become difficult, right, because she was gosh what that's yeah, I mean, she was undergoing a background check, and my wife had advised me to not speak with the agents when they first came to my home. Right. That was the first thing she told my attorneys in that call, and that's documented by my attorneys sent that to Congress, so that's on the record. Well, no, I mean, you know, like the prosecutor, her whole family was embedded with TCH and Baylor College Medicine. You know, she, uh, withdrew yourself from the case right after I exposed these conflicts. So in TCCH and Baylor College Medicine, weere the victims in the indictment. Not that they were talking about patients, but that's kind of a separate issue. But you know, they they tried to destroy my life, right, and so I did everything I could fight back, and in that process, uh, you know, they they changed who I was. Right, They had given me a purpose to in this fight to try to end it because I saw what these people are capable of. So what do we do from here? Right? Like, how do we fight it? I think there's a few avenues. There's a couple of very very discreet things you can do to really inflict some massive victories. So if you look at you know, some of the literature in the transgender medicine circles, right, a lot of them. What they do is the when whenever you treat something as a doctor, you have to have two things a diagnosis code, treatment code. Those two things have to make sense. Appendicitis appendectomy right for these quote unquote gender firm and care, it's gender dysphoria and then hormones surgery whatever. Right, that's that's like the idea. But say you're in a red state and they pass a law to ban it, or maybe you're in a blue state. You work at a children's hospital. Your hospital will lose funding if you're doing this to children. How do you conceal it? Right? How do you conceal these things? Well, you know these organizations have documents online to show you how to conceal it, how to commit medical frauds something people go to prison for. So right, for example, you know, you want to prescribe a boy estrogen for you know, for because he believes is transgender. How do you do that in a red state and not get caught? Well, in the medical chart you document he's a female. Right, you can do that in an epic. You can do that in any chart. And then for the diagnosis code, what do you say estrogen deficiency? Right? When the insurance company sees that they see female estrogen deficiency treatment CPT code.
Speaker 1: That insurance fraud.
Speaker 3: That's insurance fraud. So these organizations have have like documents to uh to explain how to do that. For for a mass sectimy, how do you do that? Right? Girl? You she's a woman, you say in the medical chart she's a male. Right, diagnosis code guid in coomassia treatment breast reduction, mass sectomy. So insurance company sees male guindic comasia breast reduction or you know, breast tissue removal. So yeah, that's that's a crime. That's a federal crime. People get a prison for that. And this is not something that like, you know, I'm just making up, but the Attorney General of Texas has is going after three doctor for these same exact schemes, which he alleges is true. They have to go through a case and prove the facts. But I mean, I can't tell you necessarily details. But I've spoken to on these doctors, or was on a conversation where one of these doctors had admitted this themselves.
Speaker 2: That powerful you talk about these organizations, I assume it's similar to what we see with some of these groups that are promoting political ideologies. I mean, to me, this is a political ideology that just happens to cut into children, which is disgusting. But you talk about these groups that teach them how to do this. How powerful are these groups? Because what we find on the political side is that there's a massive amount of money behind this.
Speaker 1: So how powerful and why are they powerful?
Speaker 3: And so they're very powerful because they have the money, and especially they're even more powerful and they protect the protect the doctors in blue states, you know, for example, doctors and blue states they have to turn generals, they have the state prosecutors. So how can we uncover these crimes and make these doctors much less likely to do this to kids? And what we need is whistleblowers or there's also banks of data that can look at insurance coding for every doctor in the country, you can look to.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, that's interesting, and then you could find a pattern.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. So for example, Do No Harm had released a database called Stop the Harm that looked at all the surgeries for children in the country using the diagnosis code of gender dysphoria. But that doesn't count all the fraudulent diagnosis codes. So you use that data bank. You look at patterns over a period of time before January twentieth, twenty twenty five after January twenty twenty twenty five. If you see a certain pattern where there's an increase in for example, estrogen in defficiency. Sasare in defficiency, endocrine abnormality, unspecified post surgical hypoconatas. These are all ICD codes which are used to conceal the fact that Jender Firm and Care quote unquote is done for children. So they're powerful. These organizations Blue Stage are powerful. But we have the federal government. There's a Department of Justice. These are federal crimes which are easily definable, easily provable, and so there's group of people, you know, myself being one of those who are working on making sure this is exposed to allow the DOJ to pursue prosecutions.
Speaker 2: So we have a situation in Michigan. I've talked about it on the podcast before.
Speaker 3: When Michigan, you know, I was just talking to a couple people state people in Michigan who are in your legislature. So yeah, you'll see something coming.
Speaker 2: Good because in Michigan, we also get locked out of our child's medical report after twelve years old. When the kid turns twelve.
Speaker 3: Twelve years old. Wait, hold on twelve years old? How's that pot twelve? You can't see anything.
Speaker 1: No, I want it.
Speaker 2: California, New York, Michigan. I think there's other states too. Something in federal law change and these states came in and said, okay, like the my chart. I don't know if you guys have my chart. My chart, so my chart. I no longer have access to my child's my chart once they turned twelve in the state of Michigan. So my daughter had My daughter turned twelve on June fifth. She had a medical test done on June eleventh. I'm driving home and it hits me. I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't get into her chart. She has to sign me over as her medical proxy. And then I can see limited stuff. I can't even see big stuff, but I can see limited stuff like blood tests and things. So I called the doctor's office and I say, because she had this at a specialist, I have to go to her pediatrician. I call the office and I say, hey, she just turned twelve. Can we come in and sign this? And they said, you can sign it on September tenth when she has her well child visit September tenth, and I said, are you nuts?
Speaker 1: I would like to see her. We just had all this test done. I'd like to see them.
Speaker 2: And they said, I'm sorry, we can't make an appointment just to get your child to sign a medical proxy. You can hear you can, so she can't. The kicker is she can't have her my chart either. She doesn't have an email or anything. She can't get into her my chart. She is too young to have on my chart. So I cannot get the medical tests that we were just run on her because she has not signed me over as medical proxy.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where to start we have.
Speaker 2: I talked to the pediatrician's office about this, and she said there are kids in town who have STDs and they cannot tell the parents that the kids have STDs because they have they don't have their they have not been signed over as medical proxy, and the kids don't want to tell the parents that they have STDs. So she said, I have kids that will have permanent damage because they are not getting treated for an STD that they have because they are afraid to tell their parents. Their parents don't know that they came in here, we tested them, and I know they're sick, and their parents don't get to know.
Speaker 3: I that's so crazy. I uh, there's so many problems with that. I I can't I've never honestly, I've never heard that. That's the craziest thing in the world, because, like you know, I mean I take care of some kids. You know, if there's like a twelve thirteen year old who's like a little bit bigger pretty much an adult, right like surgically you know, in some instance, but I to think, like pathology, lass, I mean, how you get I would think the kid, even the kid, if they're how could they access it? Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's a horror show.
Speaker 2: And it just it was just implemented a few years ago, and it shocks me that more people don't just go crazy over this. I mean, I'm like, how is it possible? So the doctor refers me to a specialist because she's like, oh, your daughter is at the one percent point of the growth chart. We might have to have an intervention, but I will not know until September.
Speaker 1: Why how can this be?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's uh, you know, you're like.
Speaker 1: Don't found it because how could this be? This is Democrat policy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I should have something to say, but I'm like you, I feel the same way. That's that's the crazy thing.
Speaker 2: So we need doctors like you to become active on things like this. And I'm I'm actually serious because I feel like there's so much of this type of stuff going on because these laws are getting passed and parents aren't aware, and then parents are suddenly in a position where they're vulnerable, they can't help their own child, or their child is getting pushed into something. And to me, this is being done so that they can do the abortions, so that they can manage the getting them the birth control, but also for transgender surgeries, because I believe that.
Speaker 1: There is so much money in that that is just too tempting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know, I mean It's like I'm just thinking, like we you know, sometimes you do surge around kids for cancer and when the pathology comes back and to make sure that you kind of have access or you do imaging, do I make sure that you can look at it to have right because you know, you have right to to look at that information, of course is better put in perspective with the assistance of a doctor. But that's that's crazy. That's Uh. When did when did that go into effect?
Speaker 2: I think that my oldest was it just went into effect when she was twelve, so probably about four years ago.
Speaker 3: Four years ago? What what? Oh my god, that's crazy. Michigan has lots its mind. Yes, that's nuts. I mean, there's so many problems with that. It's to think, you know, because kids have no idea what's going on, you have to have the parents to like if if I'm if I'm doing something to a kid, I'm not talking to the kid. I'm kind of kind of them, but I'm talking.
Speaker 1: To the parents, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Not like there's there's no situation like if I only talk to the kid, you know, and I'm not directing my attention to the parents, I look like a psychopath, right, right, you look like a crazy personific, even if they're seventeen.
Speaker 2: Right. Yes, so my pediatrician had to take my child to the side of the room while I'm sitting there and say to her, here's the situation.
Speaker 1: Your mom can no.
Speaker 2: Longer get any of your records, any of your results for tests, or make your appointments. If you want mom to be able to make your appointments, you can sign this piece of paper. So if you don't sign this piece of paper, just want to make it clear that from now on, all of your well child visits and everything, you have to call yourself and make them.
Speaker 1: She's twelve, you have to.
Speaker 2: Call yourself and make them, and then you will have to call the doctor's office and verify that it's you to get your medical records. But put you can sign this piece of paper and mom can do that. And then if you change your mind and you come in here and you want to talk to me about something you don't want mom to know about, we'll rip this paper up.
Speaker 3: So you were saying that was in the room with you there, Yes, so so they like the guy the doctor took your kid aside with you in the room, But like you mean, like to a corner of the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sitting there, and it's like they go sit in the corner, and I mean, it's not like I can't hear. I could hear the conversation. It was like, but just so you know, look at me, you and I are having this conversation.
Speaker 1: Mom's not involved. That's how sick it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry for kind of digging into this, but as it's just so insane as a doctor, So you're saying, you guys are in this appointment, you and your daughter are saying across from the pediatrician, right, and then at this moment in time when he wants to have this kind of side conversation, you're saying, this pediatrician takes your daughter to side the room that you're still in.
Speaker 2: You're right, It's like they move over, they sit down, they hand the piece of paper to her and say, this is the situation. So what you need to do is if you want mom to be involved, sign this. But just so you're clear, anytime you don't want mom involved, you come to the office, we'll rip it up.
Speaker 3: It was the room just consumed with awkwardness. Did this guy not like, oh, Mike, we're not looking at this doctor like are you an insane person? Like did? They then rejoin the conversation.
Speaker 2: And it was like it was first a conversation of like, we have to have this conversation with your daughter, just so you know, a new law went into effect. This with my oldest. This is how when a new law went into effect, we're sort of learning about it ourselves. We have to have a conversation with your daughter now to discuss how she can get her medical records. You can sit here and listen to what we say to her now. I think actually they asked her, do you want mom to leave the room? I think she could have ordered me out at that point, and there is nothing I could have done about it. So imagine my twelve year old who was like, I don't want to make my own appointments, and she's like, no, I want my mom to be involved, Thank goodness.
Speaker 1: But now she's sixteen, and.
Speaker 2: Maybe she could go in there and say I want my mom to know this, and she could be one of those kids in town that has an STD roaming around and giving other kids STDs because they're too afraid to have that conversation.
Speaker 1: If you're not telling your parents about it. You're probably not telling the girl or the boy that you're hooking up with either, So what is that doing?
Speaker 3: Please tell me you're not seeing this doutior anymore.
Speaker 2: This is every doctor, Every doctor in Michigan has this conversation.
Speaker 3: Have you not? Are there not pediatricians like, I'm sure you've looked right, I So even here's got to be a doctor. I'm telling there has to be pediatricians who are like, are not crazy? No, So listen, this.
Speaker 1: Is the bizarre part. When I called for my twelve year old that just had.
Speaker 2: These tests on, they said, well, we don't know who actually goes into the system. It's someone in the state that goes into the system and knocks your kids out, and then they don't process They don't process this form in the doctor's office. The state processes the form so they cannot escape it. So she says to me, you might actually still have access if you go in now, because sometimes it takes them a couple of weeks to catch up on kicking people out of their kids chart. But no, they had already kicked me out. It doesn't come from the doctor's office. That's the crazy part.
Speaker 1: It comes from the.
Speaker 3: State, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard in my life. But your mind have to have like you have to have doctors somewhere in Michigan that like kind of you have that conversation with him, You're like, yeah, this is kind of nuts. Like if there's something important, I'll give you a call, right, are there not? Have you not talked about pediatrician?
Speaker 2: Who's that? That's so when I called. When I called, they were like I called back a few days later and I was like, can you get me the result? Can like can I please know what's going on with her? And they said, we can tell you that of the results that came back from the children's hospital, there is nothing.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you what the results are.
Speaker 2: I can just tell you there's nothing out of line that causes an intervention at this point, but there are a couple of tests that have not come back that that would have to be the children's hospital if they choose to tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's because you know, people like were humans, right, Like if I have a mom call my office or something, you know, yeah, maybe a forms not picked out, but if there's a certain level of reason that like yeah, if she's wunning what the tests are. Like the doctor, I'll just call the mom or like whoever and be like, hey, like, let me just tell you about it, Like let me be a regular person, Like I get this. This rule is stupid. But like if if if I was a doctor, I would be horrified to think that the mother you can't share a twelve year old. Like as a doctor, I would have like if one of my clinic staff told me that and I didn't do anything about it, I would like vomit. I mean, it's to think that I wouldn't do that to help a person for a kid, right, yeah, Like a mom was calling and really curious about these results, and I wouldn't call her back.
Speaker 2: But think about if you so think about if like for the most part, if your kid hasn't signed it and they're young and you just haven't gotten to it yet, they haven't had the conversation, they'll share it with you.
Speaker 1: But think if my kid refuses to sign it, I can never know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, if like they're mad at you or something. If like and that's what, yes, holy shit, I know that's the thing, like crazy, they could try.
Speaker 2: I can try to so all right, now I could call the doctor and be like, I think she'll sign it and she'll likely tell me.
Speaker 1: But if my kid locks me out, oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, So you're saying that, like, say you have a fight with your kid, they can go to their doctrine and tell them to rip up that chart.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick commercial break. We'll continue next on a Tutor Dixon podcast.
Speaker 2: If my kid has sex with someone and doesn't want to tell me, which okay, so like I could see that happening with teenagers all the time, right, and then my kid goes in and they've got chlamydia or herpies or heaven't forbid HIV positive and then the doctor knows that information, they cannot tell me if my kid.
Speaker 3: Locks me up, or like if if they were raped and now have an STD they went to a party and something happened, or they were dating someone they shouldn't have exactly. H holy, that's I mean, like, you know, I've never never, I've never kind of been That's that's great because I you know, my daughter was just born. I mean, she's she's ten months old, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wait, I mean, do you think right now they're never gonna They're never gonna have a Tory friend you hate, but I can tell you they will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can't. I know we're kind of getting off the rails, but like, have you thought about leaving Michigan the Holy Crab? You should move somewhere, like please, I don't want to fix it.
Speaker 1: Like that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, I want us to be able to stop this craziness from happening, because I really live under the theory if you cannot stand that you have a purple state or a blue state, you should work to fix that instead of leaving, because then you leave everybody in that situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's anyone who on your stands, that's me. You know, I was right exactly. I could have given in, but you know I fought back. I mean, that's that's I mean, you know, God bless your soul, you know, but you know.
Speaker 2: So so I thought you were going to shock us on this podcast, but I apparently shocked you.
Speaker 1: But honestly, I mean, I know I've kept you way too long.
Speaker 3: But no, no, I mean I don't have anything going on. It's cool, but like it's it's I I had no idea. What is that. It's like that's crazy, you know. It's like that's like to think because you know, like as a doctor, there's like a daily practice like how you do things, you know, and when as a doctor when you talk to like you as a as a parent, you you probably don't don't get it right because as doctor, when you talk to children like you talk to their parents, you know, like when you do surgery on kids. Like at TCH when I was offerating there, we did a bunch of surgery. I mean major surgeries, liver transplants, kidding transplants on kids, major neuroblastomis. I'm talking about. The biggest surgeries done on kids in the world were the surgeries I was doing. You know, but even if it's an appendicitis in a child, right, the parents are sitting there like hawks.
Speaker 2: Standard there are certain things are at ten years old, I want you talking to me about and I don't want them to be afraid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to think that's how people are. And when you have a parent and a child in a clinic and you're talking to them about these medical problems, you're talking to the parents, right, And of course certain things you talk to the kids, but it's directed to the parents because they're the ones who are the parents. And to think that you would cut them out at twelve years because like, you know, I neighbor friend, his kid's eleven years old. I mean, it's a young, young child. And and to think that, like, as a doctor, I would direct my attention mostly towards a child is like, that's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of Yeah, so you think you think to yourself, Okay, well, why would the kid If the kid can just talk to the doctor about the STD and not talk to the.
Speaker 1: Parent, why wouldn't they get medical care?
Speaker 2: Well, because the kid is still on the parents' insurance, So if they get medical care, the parent finds out. So ultimately, instead of doing anything good, this has locked out the parent and locked the kid out of getting medical care because the kid is afraid of it showing up on the parents' insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the kids don't know what the hell they're talking about, because they're kids. They don't know how to assess the relative benefits or risks of a certain intervention, or like having a certain test done, or like the financial implications of something. You know, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I'm glad I could shock you. I mean I expected you to shock and I and you didn't.
Speaker 2: But no, honestly, I think that this is and I brought this up because I think that this is just a part of the the next stage of this trenchsgender push is to get to the kids directly. And I don't understand the ideology behind it or what the ultimate plan is to sterilize these children and change them.
Speaker 1: I heard.
Speaker 3: And you just don't get how how doctors are okay with that in Michigan? Like, how like if I was a doctor in Michigan, or like even a reasonable person in Michigan, how I couldn't be like totally cool with like treating a parent like that. I mean, how old was his doctor? Was he like a you know, you have like purple hair and you have like.
Speaker 2: A little No, it's like it's the laws, So they weren't. It wasn't like my doctor is a woman, and she is he probably ten years older than me, so she's probably in her fifties.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so she's in her fifties, so she's like not like you know, thirty twenty years old, you know, so she's been doing this for a long time, yes, like late fifties, early fifties.
Speaker 2: But it's the it's the law, and people are very afraid of going against the law. And that is why I think we should talk about these things because I think it's it is important, and that's why I wanted to have you on, because it is important to say there are people that stand up to this. You stood up to what you saw that was wrong, and I hope that people will stand up for against this. And it happened so fast, and I talked to doctors and they're like, how did this happen?
Speaker 1: I talked to legislators. I was like, how did this happen? And they're like, we don't even know how this happened. Even the legislators didn't know.
Speaker 2: And sometimes these are actually rules that come through agencies, like HHS makes a rule that becomes a law somehow it acts as a law.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like the DNR can make a rule that acts like a law, and that's how this happens.
Speaker 3: And that's that's that's what happened in my case. Right, it was like so like HIPPAA right, where it's a law that is meant to protect patient privacy. So you know, if you release a patient's name or utilize their medical information to blackmail. Yeah, that's a major violation. But you know, for for me in my case, it's they had said there was no damage to a patient. They said that it was the hospital and the doctors who were the victims. That's how they were able to manipulate it. And now I kind of get it, you know when when you put it that way about you know, it's a law in Michigan, because especially in Michigan, when you have the government, when you have the governor, the attorney general, the state prosecutors, the state Medical Board, there's so many of these uh progressive you know, Yeah, they control the legal infrastructure. And I live through it myself. They have a million ways to destroy a doctor life. And what they do the whole point that if they make a doctor an example, they take the doctor's medical license. Yes, they try to violate, you know, or that govern.
Speaker 2: Here during COVID, we had a doctor up north who gave a patient hydroxy chloroquin. His license was taken and that and it's just like all these so all of these businesses. You have to have a license to cut Harry, you have to have a license to be a doctor, if delia of a license to be a plumber. All of these people who worked during COVID or did something like giving hydroxy chloroquin, they had their licenses taken away. The state has so much power in Michigan. It's not like it's a it's this mystical, mythical thing that could happen. Just happened five years ago. People saw the state police going in rummaging through your stuff, you know, the HHS coming in and saying, give me your license. This was This is a true story. People know it can happen, and so that fear is real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and especially in every single state, no matter how red or conservative it is the major any establishment medical institution, for example, the Texas Medical Association, the surgical associations, you know, these are one these have significant impact on local politics. Right, Yes, things happen. These people can speak up and be like, no, this is wrong. And all of these organizations have been captured. And you know, the good thing in Texas there's a group of doctors who are you know, staging an insurgency in some of these organizations. But that's one of those things that has to has to be done more and but like there has to be a conservative effort, you know, you look, you look at majors.
Speaker 2: I saw you posted something about the American Academy of Pediatrics that was somebody was like, don't even listen to these people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in the way that these organizations work, they are democratic by nature, but due to the the the takeover at the top levels and the lack of pushback at the bottom levels, they're able to maintain an iron fist, like a stalin level iron fist on debate. But imagine if you have not even a lot I'm talking about like maybe twenty thirty conservative pediatrician show up to the American Academy Pediatrics from when they're national meetings, and you know, like when people are voting and expressing objections, they go up to the microphone they express objection because at these meetings, like I've seen them, where like the policies are presented in discussed during the national meetings. For an average policy might be six seven people, maybe ten people. If you have a certain policy, twenty conservative doctors show up or not even conservative, just people who haven't lost their damn minds, you know, then and they make a big fuss it all of a sudden, it changes the calculus, right, It becomes much more difficult for the people in leadership to be like, now we're shutting this down because all of a sudden, they look like tyrants. Because what it's going to show, right, how that's going to play out, is here's all these pediatricians and there's only like three or four or five of you know, these other people like that, that kind of it doesn't seem like a like a majority anymore when or a consensus when you have a bunch of doctor's showing up physically in person.
Speaker 2: And that and that I think is what that's what we hope to educate people on. And I appreciate the fact that you have been able to speak out, and that's and that's why I think it's important to have these conversations and to continue to get out there in these long form conversations to be able to explain to people like, if you see something that's wrong, you have a voice, get out there and do it. And that Honestly, I appreciate what you've done, and I apologize for taking all your time, but I thank you so much for doing this and coming on and talking about this because it's it is really important and actually for our audience, where can they follow you so that they can see what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just my first and last name. It's Aton. I'm there's only one of me on on Google, you know, because the first name spelled t h A N and this Nancy last name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find that too. There's not a lot of tutors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's pronounced like or spelled like Ethan but pronounced Aton. But yeah, yeah, like it's all it all means nothing, Like we're just kind of you know, you know, jerking our chains if we talked about these issues. But there there's a lot of actual, you know, material things you can do to have a major impact. And if there's any story to to demonstrate the truth of that's mine because I was, I was, and still i'm a nobody, like a toy, average person, and I was able to fight back against the most powerful federal life in human history with the greatest amount of resources and I had absolutely nothing, and I was able to kick the shit out of them on multiple occasions, won the case, and now we're fighting back. News about that in the next.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks Okay, good, Yeah, I want to hear about it. Thank you so much, doctor him. I appreciate you coming on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks, and thank you all.
Speaker 2: For joining us on the Tutor Dixon Podcast For this episode and others.
Speaker 1: As always, go to Tutor Dixon podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: The iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts, or you can watch the video on Rumble and YouTube at Tutor Dixon.
Speaker 1: Join us next time and have a blessed day.