Speaker 1: And had a colonoscopy. You guys, God love her.
Speaker 2: But it was so fitting and the releasa she stands up and you're a dream.
Speaker 1: I'm glad she can stand up, you know.
Speaker 2: But we were talking about on our last podcast last week. It's the off season for us. I can't wait to ask Tristan Works about this. Not about a colonoscopy. Don't worry Tristan, but we want to talk about re entry into our life.
Speaker 1: Wok that's a weird transition.
Speaker 2: Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Okay, Who's ready for what's about to come next? Because this could really, this could really go off the rails here, and that's what we all want to see. Right. Let me introduce two people who are both my friends. I want to start with Aaron Andrews.
Speaker 1: You all know her.
Speaker 2: She was born and raised here in the Tampa Bay area, like so many of the folks in the audience. Since twenty twelve, she has been a part of sports biggest events. She has covered five Super Bowls, including the one that we just witnessed. She also owns one of the most successful women's own NFL clothing brands, since its inception, whereby ea, you can get it down in the Buccaneers apparel shop.
Speaker 1: I know I've seen that.
Speaker 2: And then as for her co host, I want to tell a quick story here, and I know we started with the show of hands earlier. How many people in this room were affected by the hurricanes or know someone that was affected by the hurricanes earlier this year? Right, it's the entire room pretty much. I live on Clearwater Beach. My entire neighborhood was decimated. I'm pretty much the only one living on my streets still to this day. When it happened the first hurricane, there was a Bucks game about three days later. I had to get off the beach, which we weren't allowed to do. You couldn't get on and off the beach. I then had to get to a Bucks game and fly out to La after that for another work commitment that was a week long. We had a lot going on. People had lost their homes, our families had lost their homes. There was just so much to think about that had nothing to do with the business of being on television.
Speaker 1: And Chris, who I know really well, knew this.
Speaker 2: Was going on. I said, I can't even think about it. I think she said, get on a plane, don't pack a single thing, Just get on the plane. I will take care of you when you get here. Because I couldn't even wrap my mind around thinking about what to wear on TV. And I know that's very trivial, but I still had jobs to do. She said, get on this plane, unpacked, and that's pretty much what I did. I showed up to her house immediately upon landing in la She was like, here's what you're gonna wear for an entire week of doing Good Morning Football. And then she's like, here's what you're going to wear. Because I had to do a game in Germany for the NFL. She goes, here's what you're gonna wear to Germany. Here's what you're gonna wear in London for a soccer game. Here's what you're gonna wear for the rest of this season. I showed up at the Super Bowl a couple weeks ago now in New Orleans, and a massive box arrives to my hotel room and she says, here's what you're gonna wear for the super Bowl. And in a day in an age where you think about how can you help someone? And this has all been about community and how can you help your colleagues. And it's not just about you know, lifting people up, but helping the person next to you that's going through tough times. It's not always about a monetary donation, right, It's about looking at someone and saying, how can I help you get through something that's really hard and just being able to take that off my plate, something that I did not have to think about. I cannot tell you how helpful that was. And I think about that dat today when we talk about, you know, helping others out. So for all of you that either loved my suit today which I heard some of that, or thought my suit was incredibly obnoxious, or happened to go to the University of Florida, someone out there was like I need uh several people. I've got some Gators that were like, I love this suit. I can't take any credit, and I also can't take the blame because it's CHRISA.
Speaker 1: Thompson's suit. By the way, she also hosts NFL Kickoff on Fox.
Speaker 2: She is an interior designer on House and Home, and she is also the Thursday night football host on Amazon Prime. She can also be your stylist if need be so please. Welcome to the stage the host of the Calm Down Podcast, Carissa Thompson and Aaron Andrews. I just wanted to make sure that everyone could see Sarah wherever she was today. Go Gator. Thank you for that very That basketball team's looking good. Football team. I don't know what's happening, Tristan. We'll talk to you about that more. Sarah, thank you for that very very kind intro. And hello everybody. I'm Carissa and I'm Marion. Jill Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Sarah was right.
Speaker 2: This could go off the rails quickly, but we will try to keep it on track. We are so excited to be here. Aaron and I flew here yesterday. We were on the same flight and I don't know if Jen's in the audience. Jen was also on the flight. Jen, are you here? Where are you at? Yeah? There she is.
Speaker 1: Jen was so sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh. I didn't know Jen until yesterday where she was boarding the plane and she said, I'm going to your summit, and we were so excited. We were like, oh my god, I hope someone shows up. But at least we had Jen, and now we have all of you. We have all of you. Thank you so much again. Welcome to the she Is Football Summit here at Raymond James Stadium. This is actually a live version of the Calm Down podcast we're gonna air this next week, which we're excited about. And so everyone say hi Rave, I'll edit that in great and man, this is proof we actually really do have listeners. This is huge. Allegedly, do you guys listen to the podcast? Just raise your hand like if you do, okay, great, great. If you haven't heard the podcast, well you guys hopefully are in for a dream. So we had that experience. Well, first of all, we had a couple of great people that came up to us in the Delta Lounge yesterday, and then we had Jen on the plane, and then we went to I'll give him a shout out because that mozzarella bar is insane Roca. Yes, Gronk apparently thinks he's part owner in it. I think he gave them like twenty bucks and now he's like, hey, a part owner. A part owner. We can say that because we love him. So we went to dinner there last night with my parents and we had a lovely experience with Anne and Mackenzie.
Speaker 1: Where are you you guys dream.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, I still have a hangover from the bottle of wine you sent, but that means it was good you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much again for that.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to send over a bottle of wine while we're on stage, we'll drink it. So but no, Sweet Ann and Mackenzie sent over a bottle which the Barrollo I forgot. I like, really love Barrello. Great choice, lady, so much so you asked, you tried to ask for you looked at the waiter and said, Hi, could I get this by the glass because we don't sell it by the glass, and said, An's rich. Yeah, we don't sell this by the glass. You can't afford that. You know, you work on commission, right, big mistake, huge, Well, this is not a huge mistake.
Speaker 1: We are so excited to be here.
Speaker 2: As Aaron alluded to, Tristan Wurfs is kind enough to join us a little on stage in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Tristan.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Tristan, one of my favorite guys in the league. We were talking about you know who could come out and be a victim. No, just kidding, have fun with us. And CHRISA one cool thing you know about being on the Calm Down podcast is we kind of recap our week. She's on a Thursday night game. As Sarah mentioned, she does this Sunday pregame show and then I'm out on the field and I get to meet all these guys and spend time with them. Tristan has been so amazing since he came into the league. I get on the phone with him. I talked to him, bug him pregame when he's like, all right, girl, I've had enough. And he is just one of the best stories and one of the best guys to talk to. I was so excited that Chris gets a chance to actually meet him. It's it's really cool, so exciting to be here, to have him here. And then so anyone that hasn't heard the podcast, we talk about a little bit of everything and anything.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I overshare and colonoscopy.
Speaker 2: If you know what I mean. We got to tell the story and do you mind if we tell about colonoscopy and.
Speaker 1: Had a colonoscopy? You guys god lover.
Speaker 2: But it was so fitting and the least that she stands up and you're a dream. I'm glad she can stand up. You know, we were talking about on our last podcast last week, it's the off season for us. I can't wait to ask Tristan works about this. Not about a colonoscopy. Don't worry Tristan, but we want to talk about re entry into our life. May that's a weird transition for those of thing that don't know what re entry is in our world. Talking about after the football season ends, going back with your family, your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Aaron is a mother, N's.
Speaker 2: A mother, and just trying to reintroduce myself to my family. But we were also mentioning on the podcast for me and for a lot of people who have time off, that's the time that you have to get the doctor's appointments over and you got to go get this test done in this test and we started lamenting. I was like, I need to go get a colonoscopy. And that was so great. Anne walked up and goes, I got a colonoscopy, and I think she said it four times and her daughter goes, Okay, mom, we've heard about the colonoscopy. So then we introduced her to my parents and that's what I led with. A just had a colonoscopy. So so that's a little bit about Anne. But if you have any more questions for her later, I'm sure she'll we'll tell you all about them over a glass of wine before we jump continue into this great conversation that we've already started about doctor's appointments. We'd be remiss if we didn't say thank you to the Buccaneers. See in the entire family.
Speaker 1: Where are they?
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, of course in the front row, thank you guys for having us.
Speaker 1: We are so excited to be here. A little story.
Speaker 2: We were working the Super Bowl this year in New Orleans and we were doing a Lady Gaga shoot, so we shut down Bourbon Street. It was an incredible tribute to hurricane victims, to the fight. We both live in Los Angeles, to all the devastation in Los Angeles. She did an unbelievable job. Of course, what the travesty that happened in New Orleans and paying tribute to those families. So it was a really emotional time. We woke up at three o'clock in the morning. We shout it because that's the only time you can have Lady Gaga on Bourbon Street singing a song like that, but it was. It was wonderful and Roger Goodell was kind enough to join us in that, and we were like, Roger, we are headed to Tampa Bay for a women's event. He's like, that's wonderful, and he was like so into it. In our bosses like, okay, ladies, let's go enough about that, let's keep it moving. Literally three point thirty and we're telling the commission, hey, so we're doing this women's summit with the Buccaneers. He's like, that's fantastic, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was really sweet, but he was excited and we are too.
Speaker 2: I know what you guys are starting here will continue across hopefully all thirty two teams. So wait to be a trend center, that trend setter in that and thank you for inviting us here. Hey, before we get into a little bit about what we usually talk about, which is nonsense. We are like the female version of Seinfeld. By the way, it's the podcast about nothing. But we end up going over and it's crazy. You want to talk a little bit. I know, we're doing a Q and A session and we'll talk to Tristan a bit about football. Why do you love it so much? The podcast or football well me, but yeah, the sport. The sport has given me everything my career that I've been lucky enough of whor would to do for seventeen years.
Speaker 1: It's also given me my closest friends.
Speaker 2: It is my longest relationship since I've been married and divorced twice. So there's that, you can laugh. The alimony has been paid. Ladies get a prenup, but it has so stupid. Well my lawyer wasn't She was great. If anyone needs someone, thank you, Yes, please clap for that. She was not cheap, but you pay for what you get. But yeah, no, it has truly given me everything. I wanted to become a sports broadcaster like you growing up, when we were very young, I'd sit and watch football with my dad. He's like, don't talk, I'll tell you all about the game. Off starts, off sidees, false start, ten yard penalties for holding, etc. And I was lucky enough, lucky enough to call this a career. But now it has become so much of what my life is. My friends, my family, people that I work with at Amazon, at Fox, they are family, so a lot like all of you guys. Hopefully you work in a place that your colleagues are not just people you say hi to when you clock in and clock out, but people that you truly end up becoming lifelong friends with. So football has truly given me everything good in life. I agree, And it's you know, I grew up loving it because of my dad. He it is and was a great storyteller teller on television here in Tampa for thirty years. And he would sit me down and make the athletes, the coaches, the teams sound like they were my best friends. That's the way he explained it to me. And I became obsessed with the storylines and wanting to know what made these guys tick and just everything about you know, what their preparation was like, what their recovery was like, what their family life was like.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 2: And I'm also obsessed with their discipline and their drive and wanting to be perfect and how they handle that. And we were talking about it the other day. You don't have to be a football player. You can be a mother, You can be somebody that works a nine to five job. We work, Our hours are ridiculous, and not take pieces of it and.
Speaker 1: Apply it to your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean all of you women just sit out here and you know, as businesswomen, as successful entrepreneurs, whatever you know, hat you wear, as mothers, whatever it is, there is that collective team aspect that you are better together than you are as individuals. And the game of football is just that, right, even so I'm from Seattle. Even so much as the fans are sorry, is that okay, we're not in the same division. It's fine. It's that the twelfth man, the fan, is part of the team. Right. So doing things together is better than individuals. And that's what I love about it is that you win and you lose, and you pick yourself back up and you know, I obviously I'll make you know, jokes about my personal life, but like adding some levity and being jovial about things that are really hard help me get through stuff. And that when you look at athletes or different things that people have been through it whether it's an injury, or whether you lose in a Super Bowl or win in a super Bowl, whatever, it is the highest of highs and the lowest of lows is that your teammates are there to help you get through all of that or to celebrate with you. And that's what I love. I love being part of a team, whether it's at Fox, whether it's at Amazon, whatever your respective career is. Is that when you guys do it together as a team, I know it means so much more than by yourself. Okay, this is pretty formal than what we usually are in the Calm Down podcast. Do we want to hear about some random topics that we're on our mind this week? Like Chris So, CHRISA doesn't really get to be on the road with me. She is on Thursday night. I'm sitting at home prepping to leave town. Ten minutes until we're done, or ten minutes in Ryan, okay, thanks our producer and our ear So she's such just mild that we have an IFB right now. All the way Ryan, Ryan and Kurt are producers have to deal with us every week. We need to say hello to them again. Team.
Speaker 1: Yep, they're great. So Thursday night she's on the road.
Speaker 2: I'm usually getting set to head to site to come here, sit down with somebody with the box, and then do our game. So I'm watching her. Then she comes back to LA So we never get to be on really the road together. We're on the road together yesterday, and Tampa's home, but it's also where I come to work a lot of games. So got off the plane with her yesterday, gate agent, Hi, welcome, how are you? And I said good, good to see you. Right on? She said, right on? Right on is my road language. I think that's I'd like to say, right on on the road. I've never heard you in the whatever seventeen years of friendship with be like, yeah, right on.
Speaker 1: Some man, I'm like, first of all, she was like, I hope you had a good flight.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, run on, and I'm like, and I had a drink on the flight either.
Speaker 1: It was a totally water sober flight.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, so full disclosure.
Speaker 2: I work, I'm the only female out of thirty forty men when we come to site, when we come to the stadium, yeah, dinners, I'm the only female sitting there. And I'm totally used to it. So I think road Erin has really adapted. When somebody came up to us in adulta lounge and I said, hey, good to see you, like he was pointing, and I said, good to see you. Right on. That's my road language. So you were privy to my road language. Yesterday I felt.
Speaker 1: At home in a town I work.
Speaker 2: Oh man, yeah, road erran is something. I was like, Oh yeah, you where did the friend I have go traveling with? Aaron has always when we don't get to do it, as she mentioned very often, but we every now and then. The NFC Championship game, we got to work together. Super Bowl. You're sending your friend clothes, not me. You were even pack clothes for this Super Bowl. I was like, that's so nice. You're taking care of Sarah. Hey, look if you want some clothes, I've got something. I'm good. You know. Oh rude, No, I mean she knows. I have it all listed. We've talked about this on the podcast I do day by day. It all starts with undies pgs. So organized, it's annoying. She was like showing me her like probiotic and probiotic in a special little tray.
Speaker 1: She has our right here, and it was anesium.
Speaker 2: Okay, prenatal do you want to share with the whole group? And this is an intervention for Aaron. Everyone say hello, Aaron, we have Tristan here to help with it. It's gonna get really over point in bringing that up. Aaron's like, I can't wait. Aaron has a baby at home. Okay, she doesn't get to sleep a lot. She was so excited to be alone, go to bed early on his dinner. It's not Max fault. We've discussed this on the podcast, Doctor Hoffman. I know you're here. My dad's from TGH. Where are you, Doctor Hoffman?
Speaker 1: Are you not here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There you are?
Speaker 1: You little angel face. I love you so much.
Speaker 2: She is a dream. She is the legend, Doctor Hoffman. She has saved me multiple times and my parents. No. I the reason why I'm not sleeping at home is my husband is snoring and it's a problem, and he's using the mouth tape. He's using the thing on his nose and it's not working and it's really not going right.
Speaker 1: So you're excited to go to bed.
Speaker 2: We went to dinner, as we mentioned, with her parents last night, had a great time. She's like, Oh, I can't wait to go to bed. I'm gonna be uninterrupted. It's going to be great. Well, I had every intention of doing that. I went upstairs. It was I don't know what was it, ten thirty Maybe Ish couldn't sleep. I was like, I don't want to scroll through Instagram. I didn't want to watch TV, so I went back down to the bar and let me tell you, the Lightning game got out and president see you there. Betill Sabers Lightning game got out. Just the whole place was packed. These guys come over, Oh my god, we love you on ESPN. I don't know who they thought I was, but I was like, yeah, I love ESPN. Wink wink, Like can we buy you a drink? I was like, obviously, I don't care if you say I've worked for what channel or I'm on the radio. Fine. We got into a whole conversation about all these different things. Great time. So if you can't sleep, go down to the bar, make some friends with the batchel. So Aarin and I had very different nights, varied, very different. Let's see, what do you want to talk about text etiquette now? Oh so as we you guys know if you listen to the podcast, as Aaron alluded to, we talk about random different things. One thing that's been on my mind that I haven't shared on the podcast, but now that we're all here together and we're friends, the liking of the text messages, the pressure like I have to like it. If I don't like it, then it's like did I even read it? And then it's like the exclamation points, and now I think there's another text coming through, but it just says so and so has you know hearted the thing? Enough with the harding and the exclamation points, there's I don't understand it. Why do we have to respond? I've read it, I've read the message. I don't need to then show you that I've read the message. I was listening anyone listening to this whole Mel Robbin's kind of movement right now, I'm on chapter you have let them, we can talk about it. I was listening to her podcast the other day and she was saying, there's no time limit for text messages. Probably for our bosses, there are, but you don't have to feel like you have to get back to them right away. But there is this pressure. You know, I'm a I'm on a text message with my crew, I'm on a text message with you know, the on air talent. I'm on a text message with our group of friends. And once everybody starts liking it, are you the jerk because you're not giving it a thumbs up? Cuts down? I wish there was one like this this emoji, yeah, weird smile like, okay, I'll Richard Richard Sherman, friend of the Buccaneers, former player for the Buckner Sherm is the best two seconds on our Thursday night detection. He'll like it. I go, god, this is a quick like you got to stop the readA the immediacy that he likes it. He goes, I'm just taking the pressure off everyone else. I just liked it for the whole group. But I don't know if anyone here is a likeer. I need to know why. I just I don't understand it. I'm sorry. And then anyone that has red receipts on, Oh my god, good for you.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: One time Steve on asking my boyfriend had like slid over the thing where it showed like that he had read the thing. I was like, I didn't tell him for a long time he had red receipts on.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, did you get that message?
Speaker 2: It's like, what message? I'm like, hah, that thing weirdly slips on and you are no idea.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to Steve touching that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know who you're getting into settings, but I don't know the red receipt thing is wild? Is anyone here from Apple? Tim? I don't like the new update? Oh the emails? Why are you telling me what's a priority? Although they do a good job of getting rid of some of those. Are you really from Apple over there? Oh? I thought I saw your hand go up. Love the update? The res alt like colorful? Now, huh weird? We ran into a situation text atiquette. You put somebody on a text chain, You give them a lot of info, you give them links, you give them all these recommendations, and you put a lot of heart and soul into it, and then they write, yeah, thanks so much. All good, But that's all you get with all that. There's a lot of again, a lot of pressure on the texting. And then if you don't love it, although like you've been on the baby shower text chains, Jesus, I don't need to know all the details were the bridell wine. Leave me out of all of that. Just tell me where to be and when to be there. I don't need to what color do you want the flowers? Take this offline, go have a separate conversation, and now you get back to your phone. You're like Oh, I'm so popular. Nope, it's all just the same chain. I did an event with a bunch of influencers at the Los Angeles Kings game this past week. We invited them. The Kings were great enough to invite them into a suite. We had my gear there there. They watched the hockey game. These women were great. Then they put up on social media about your clothing and talk about it. You can introduce them to it. And they were all so wonderful and gracious enough in asking for pictures. Sure, I'd love a picture. Well, I looked crazy in them. They all looked amazing. Have you guys been around? And I guess it's people that are fifteen years younger than us, trist wanny. Where they're put the camera phones with these angles where you're like, hey, can I have a photo or can I take a photo? And they all take it down here? Up up? We don't need all the chins in the photo.
Speaker 1: What is why are we doing it down? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Do you know any you look young? Why are we doing it down here? Yeah? The low not that I need my neck to look smoother. I don't know what's that? No? I again, I don't care about the background. I need my neck to look smoother. That's what it is, taller and background. Okay, well then fine, you know what, what about the jowls and neck filter? I don't know, but we're gonna put the camera here and we're gonna stand up there and look great. At this point, no, the angles are impressive or I have at the filter and you're like, oh, you look so great, and then I'm like it's a filter, Like are you nuts? And I don't want to know what I look like in real life at this point. How about when the FaceTime call comes up and you're like, whoa, it's because you know what you look like, and you're like, send a voicemail sorry.
Speaker 1: And also people are getting.
Speaker 2: Real cocky with the face times, like I barely talk to you on the phone and we're facetiming now not today, not today. It's wild. Yeah, I have nothing to add.
Speaker 1: I'm just when we were talking about this, no, I was just thinking.
Speaker 2: Because I'm amazed by these women that their jobs are, you know, do this content. We were just talking about it. I hate taking pictures of myself. I hate taking pictures of like you have anything, and the fact that they can do all this stuff to make them look good. As we're taking it. Well, that's when it wits in the other day. I'm like, I look crazy. I look crazy. I look crazy. What was my mind? People make a living off this. Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.