Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Fool.
Speaker 3: All right, S and P five hundred on this final trading day of September and final trading day of the third quarter, you got three hundred and one names, Katie to the upside, two hundred and one to the downside. If I look Katie at the third quarter app Lovin, you're best performer. And then you've got I think fact set at the bottom of the pack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, there, there you have it. Let's take a look at the circle of sectors right now. I can see there's a lot of green here. Big tech really doing a lot of heavy lifting. So too did healthcare. On the day we know that Pfizer agreeing to lower drug prices in exchange for some relief on tariffs. That is boosting the entire sector. In terms of what isn't doing so well right now, energy, consumer, discretionary, communication services, some of your downward weights on the index, but overall green on the screen.
Speaker 3: All right, So Let's get to some of the individual gainers if I may, and let's go to Core Weave guys, because this one up sixteen and a half percent at its highs today, finishing the day with a gain of just shy of twelve percent. You know, one of the neo clouds businesses that rent out access to leading AI chips. While the stock rallying after the company signed a deal to supply meta platforms with as much as fourteen point two billion dollars worth of computing power. It runs through December twenty thirty first, with an option to extend through twenty thirty two. So talk about some visibility with additional capacity and what's really key about this and we talked to our Ed Ludlow about this is why you saw really the stock rally is that it kind of diversifies business away at Core Weave, away from Microsoft, so expands who its top customers are. So this is why potentially you saw this one rally, particularly in today's session. Again, keep in mind at IPO this year, it's up about two hundred and seventy three percent year to date. About ten percent of the float is short, but definitely one of the outperformers. Here so far in twenty twenty five. All right, Pfizer got to talk about the pharmaceuticals hire today, many of the names top in the S and P five hundred. In fact, Pfizer is your number one gainer in the S ANDP with that seven percent gain. We did have President Trump speaking earlier at the White House saying Pfizer's agreed to offer countless prescription medications at major discounts in the US as a result of the Most Favored Nation Drug Pricing Order. We did also see the Peiser CEO at the White House. Pfizer will get a three year grace period from President Trump's pharmata. So a lot going on in implications for the pharmaceutical sector, including Pfizer. And then just because I like French fries, I'm going to do land weston. The stock up almost nine percent at its highes today, finishing with a gain of more than four percent here. This after the company reported to just a earnings per share and net sales for the first quarter that beat CONCESSUS estimates due to improved restaurant foot traffic. Apparently, chicken fast food restaurants in particular saw more visitors.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, you're everywhere now, you know, the French was no like these raising gains and all these chicken plates like they were never anywhere, and now they're everywhere. I know, I can't get rid of them with French fries. Do you see Wendy's has new Tendy's. Oh Tendy's, Uh pick up?
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you guys were I didn't want to. I didn't want to jump in.
Speaker 2: I don't go down it.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's do decliners here. I want to talk about Spotify shares falling four point two percent, this after the company said that CEO Daniel Ek is transitioning his role to chairman, leaving his leadership in hand in the hands of co CEOs Gustav Soderstrom and Alex Nordstrom. Ek will continue to provide support and guidance, and soda Strum and Nordstrum will jointly take the reins of the company effective January first. I mean it makes sense, but I was surprised. Twenty years ago pretty much. Two thousand and six is when he started Spotify, so he's only forty two years old, but he's been at the helm of this for nineteen years. He'll still be very involved in the company, he said, I'll remain deeply involved in the big defining decisions about our future. Still shareholder sending shares lower today four point two percent. Also, shares of companies that do sports betting, such as DraftKings falling today. DraftKings down eleven point six percent after robin had posted September to date trading metrics late yesterday that showed contracts traded for about one hundred and eighty seven million. Robinhood has emerged as a competitive sports betting platforms like DraftKings and FanDuel as betters are allowed to trade contracts on the outcomes of sporting events through Robinhood, so increase competition for those pure play sports betting apps. And finally, some late breaking movers Zillo and Rocket Companies. I want to focus on Rocket Companies. It's the parent company of Redfin Rocket Companies falling today close to four percent three point eight percent down. The FTC sued to block a partnership between Zillo and Rocket Companies, saying that it would reduce the number of websites offering apartment listings and drive up advertising prices. This partnership was announced back in February. It involved an upfront payment of one hundred million dollars from Zillo to red Finn to help Zillo enter into advertising agreements with property managers that post listings on Redfin's sites. The FTC said the arrangement combines two of the three largest internet listing service and it's seeking a divestiture of Zillo's asset. Zillo fell, by the way by four point three percent as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and I just want to point out to an honorable mention, keep an eye on some of those consumer finance stocks, a big drop in Capital One and some of the other credit card companies. Meanwhile, in the yield space, a relatively quiet end to the month, but we should point out that overall he did see actually a drop in yields over the course of the month, and actually on a price basis here you actually had some pretty decent returns when it comes to not only the treasury market, but of course the corporate fixed income space as well.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android on with the Bloomberg Business app MHM.