Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me. We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about them.
Speaker 2: High school queens, We'll take you for a ride.
Speaker 3: And our comic girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 4: Drama, Queens, girl Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drahna Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, we are back. Thanks for joining us. We're going to do things a little differently today.
Speaker 3: Hillary would love to share with our listeners. We're keeping people on their toes. Yeah, you know. One of the stipulations of this strike was that we cannot have guests on to talk about the show. We can have guests on to talk about our feelings about their personal life. And we thought it was really important that we still included, like all of our one Treehole family members. But we thought, like, what's the structure.
Speaker 2: We should we say our Schmunmi schmel family members.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, the thing we're the show. We're not discussing the show. The shell remained nameless whenever we have family on. And one of the things that I don't know I've always appreciated is a Pruss questionnaire. If you ever get like Vanity Fair magazine, this is the questionnaire at the end. It was developed by Marcel Proust, a French novelist, who created a list of personality questions for his friends and when they would come over to his house, they would have to fill this thing out. And when I lived in Wilmington, I bought a book that was just like a big blank copy of this where it was a guest book. Anytime people came over, they filled it out. And so we're going to do that with our friends, and I think it's really going to give us some insight as to who they are beyond who they maybe have played on TV. But it's also a way for us just to give them a platform, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if no one can talk about work right now, unless, of course, as we've discussed with you all, you're honoring a pre existing contract. And again we are and hello, we love iHeart. We're not striking against them. They're great to.
Speaker 3: Work, fantastic, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: It does feel really important that we figure out a way to continue to support our work family and our friends, and you know, being able to do this with all of you and your wonderful response to the Q and a's that we've done.
Speaker 3: While we were.
Speaker 2: Figuring out what SEC wanted us to do this show, we thought, wait a second, like, let's bring our friends in for these special episodes. So it's a way for us to love on our people, and it's a way for us to say thank you to you guys, because it was really your response that made us feel like we could do this.
Speaker 3: So we're going to continue to reminisce just the three of us every other week about our memories from episodes of the show. But we've got this special thing now where every other week we're also going to have our friends visit us, and we're going to try to keep them relevant to the storylines that we've been talking about. And one of the people who we've already spoken to about their character is very prominent right now. Oh yeah, we have. Before she gets here, we have been living in Nanny Carey zone and so.
Speaker 4: So much, so much to think about and talk about it stress about.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, we've already talked to her about most of it during our Drama Queen's tour, So if you're curious about that, you can go back and listen to past episodes of this podcast, but today we are going to learn some stuff about miss Tori Devidos.
Speaker 2: We sure are.
Speaker 3: I love this idea.
Speaker 4: I love that we're doing this because I think the fans it's a way that we've been able to interact with them. You know, they don't really get a chance to hear from us or the actors and the people that they love in such an intimate, detailed way. It's so rare. So I think this is going to be really fun.
Speaker 3: And normally we played twenty questions. Just for you guys, We're playing twenty three questions and you can derive whatever significance from that you want, you know, wank wank, not not. Oh she's here, We have her. There, she is there, she is Hi, Hi, honey.
Speaker 5: How's it going, girl.
Speaker 3: We're just striking our brains out? How about you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I just spit on myself when you said that same same, just you know, living boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where are you right now?
Speaker 5: I've been Michigan right now. I'm actually at my boyfriend's house.
Speaker 6: And every time I do a podcast here, he's like, do you really do it with Frankenstein behind you? And I'm like, yes, listen, you got to own who you are, babe? Love that? Yeah, but yeah, I'm in Michigan.
Speaker 5: I mean, Michigan's the only place they live now, so great?
Speaker 3: Is it a nice to be off grid?
Speaker 4: Is your show filmed? Was part of it filmed out there? Or is it since the strike you're you officially moved?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Like no, but I mean I bought a farm in Michigan in twenty twenty, and then I moved here full time in November, and I don't ever want to live in a big city again.
Speaker 4: I wow, how are you handling the winters? Is it's not murder? I'm such a wimp with winters.
Speaker 5: I love snow though, like I love it.
Speaker 6: I love when like everything is like frosted over, and I think it gives you an appreciation for the summer in the spring and all that stuff. I love it and I love you know. I'm spoiled because we get to travel for work, so I still get to go into cities, but then I get to go home, which.
Speaker 3: There's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 2: I also think something I really fell in love with when we were all living in Chicago, Tory was winter in nature is amazing, like a Chicago. Winter in downtown is gross. It's gross when you're on a farm, like like all those hiking trails and stuff that we would all go out to and like, you know, you go it out an hour outside the city and it's like winter Wonderland. It feels like you're in a movie.
Speaker 3: It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that you're not getting like the black snow sledge like thrown on you from a passing city bus like you're out in you know, like the Shire.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, the Shire Tory. Has anyone explained to you what we're doing on these guest episodes? Okay, oh, we're going to lay it up for you, babe. So as we all know, we can't talk about our sag after work on any of these podcasts. And so we're taking this opportunity to play twenty three questions, and we are using the proof questionnaire as our basis. So we want to ask you stuff that maybe you don't get in fan Q and a's. And you know, we've got like what two or three minutes per question. Some questions you could speed through and be like I want to I want to dedicate this time to something else down the line. You just plant how you feel. But we're going to start throwing about you so that by the end of this we know you, like we really know you.
Speaker 4: These are questions you never get from journalists and people about your work and stuff. Yes, this is really the Okay, I'm excited as the dinner party toy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: So if you started, where's my wine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, by the way, it might be winter on the farm in Michigan, but you tell us. First question is what is your idea of perfect happiness?
Speaker 5: My idea of perfect happiness? Oh my god.
Speaker 6: The first thing I work a lot in image, and so the first thing that popped up is like sweatpants and a bull of popcorn and people I love and cozy fire and animals everywhere.
Speaker 3: What kind of animals are we talking about?
Speaker 6: Well, we're talking kittens and dogs and kids and ghosts and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are the ones. Those are the ones. I have flash wine.
Speaker 3: I'm into it, I'm in it. Okay, Well, let's go dark. What is your greatest fear?
Speaker 6: This is going to sound weird, So I have this weird like, my fear trips up. Not a lot scares me, but my fear trips up a lot weird, strange public bathrooms. Some of them feel like this is going to be really weird dark portals to.
Speaker 5: Me, and I can't explain why.
Speaker 6: And my biggest fear is that I'm going to get stuck in a portal and shift it into another dimension and feel like I'm still here and people are going to come into the bathroom and be like, where'd she go? I can't find her? And I'm like, I'm right here and I'm just stuck forever.
Speaker 3: What did she watch when she was like eight years old? Not what I was expecting you to say.
Speaker 5: No, it's irrational. I understand the real bathrooms.
Speaker 6: Like if I say like, oh, I'm going to go to the restroom real quick, and I come back real fast, it's because I have deemed that bathroom unsafe for me for whatever reason, and I'm like not going unless somebody's coming with me, or I'm going to wait till the next place we go to.
Speaker 3: Hillary just said, is this is this like a childhood thing? You've had this?
Speaker 4: You know she was joking, but like, did something happen when you were a kid where you're like you see something or read something?
Speaker 3: She saw something. I know it.
Speaker 5: I mean you know what's weird.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've always been like I had this feeling that, like, you know, there's other dimensions here that we can't see, you know, like baby aliens are walking amongst us and we just can't see them. But I don't think there is anything that happened. Only I can remember happening in a public bathroom that was like stuck with me as a kid. I remember I was like seven years old or something, and I came out of the stall and these girls that seem so much older but probably we're only like twelve or something. They came out and they were like, did you just use that bathroom? And I thought they were going to be like, oh, because you look so clean, we want to use it after you. And I was like yeah, and they're like you didn't flush, and I was like, I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 5: But I don't think that has anything to do with this. That's my only memory of a pond.
Speaker 3: Wow, dude, I mean, this is probably my favorite thing I've ever learned about your dory. My money is that you watched Unsolved Mysteries as a kid, because I did, and I was always like, how do I show me down this stree to get out of this situation. Like, yeah, you figured out how to get out of the portal situation. Good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, genius.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: If you could be the best in the world at something, I guess besides escaping imaginary portal in the bathrooms, what would that be.
Speaker 5: The best at the world at something? Oh?
Speaker 6: I would be the best at being highly productive because I feel like I am so many.
Speaker 5: Thoughts, ideas and intentions that don't get.
Speaker 6: Done because my brain goes somewhere else or I crap out, or I just don't have the follow through for it.
Speaker 5: And if I had the best.
Speaker 6: Production value in my head in the world productivity, I would get so much done.
Speaker 5: I could save this planet, I think, And I mean not really, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I felt you when you said crap out. I was like, yeah, crap out happens on a base. Is that another T shirt for us? Maybe I crapped out.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while When I open like the notebook I keep the to do list in, I look at it and go.
Speaker 3: Nope, yep, I'm too overwhelmed to even look at it. Not today.
Speaker 2: I love the pivot here. What is the weirdest item that you keep by your bed.
Speaker 3: Guys, I can't believe we're asking grown women this question.
Speaker 6: I know it's not going to be crazy because I don't it's I actually am annoyed by this. I don't have drawers in my nightstands. They're like and I hate it. I'm like, why do you too?
Speaker 4: But also like, how hard is it to just go out and buy a nightstand with a drawer in it? And I, for like five years have still just not y'all don't deliver them to your doorsteps.
Speaker 3: You don't even have to leave the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is by my I mean?
Speaker 6: I don't think I have anything particularly weird. I do have some like crystals and like Mala beads and whatever. Books that make me feel cozy are buy my nightstand and a lamp.
Speaker 5: It's not that weird.
Speaker 3: Really, what kind of crystals I have?
Speaker 6: I have this one that I don't have the name of actually a mutual friend of Sophia and I gave it to me.
Speaker 5: Lilian, And it's a beautiful one.
Speaker 6: She got me for my birthday and it looks like it's like a quartz crystal mixed with like other things. It's so gorgeous and she got in Chicago somewhere so that one sits near my bed, and then on my other side.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of different.
Speaker 6: Blue crystals because I felt like I wanted blue near my sleeping spain.
Speaker 4: Yeah oh yeah, oh I love that. My whole rim is pain inblutory. I love that blue. There's something about sleeping in blue. Oh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Okay, which living person do you admire the most?
Speaker 5: I'm not struggling with that one, because there's nobody. I still think there's too many people.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can name three, you can have a top three so you don't get in trouble whatever kind no rules.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's so many friends, and I mean I really do not to be cliche.
Speaker 5: I really admire my mother a ton.
Speaker 6: I feel like my mom has always had this ability to make me feel like, no matter what, everything will be okay, which I think as a mom is like the most extraordinary quality.
Speaker 5: You know. She can drive me so crazy in so.
Speaker 6: Many other ways, but whenever I'm truly having a panic, it's just like she just knows how to diffuse.
Speaker 5: And then when I'm not having a panic, she knows how to light me up.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's become like less cliche as we've gotten older. Like I feel like when you're like a kid, you're like, that's my mom. But as we've gotten older, I take it really seriously when people say that they have a strong relationship with their parents. You know, that's a big and you know, like.
Speaker 6: My sister and I, you know, have gone through so much in life and this and that, and you know still to this day. And I looked at my mom, probably like a week ago, and I said, Mom, did you ever think you'd be seventy two and still momming so hard?
Speaker 5: And I actually did it? Oh? Oh, like I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I love you so good?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: What is your greatest extravagance?
Speaker 4: You love to treat yourself?
Speaker 6: Ooh uh definitely like facials and massages. I'm all about this self care. Like I don't have any qualms about spending money on self care. I'm a pretty frugal person, but like that to me just is so worth it. It sets like a good tone for the month or the week, whatever, you know. I just I love a good facial.
Speaker 4: Is that that's your thing? Facial?
Speaker 3: Do you have like places that you recommend her products that you want to tell the folks at home about Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, guys, Tori has the most amazing skin.
Speaker 5: Really see her.
Speaker 4: When you see her in person, you're just crazy melting. It's so amazing.
Speaker 6: There's the three who also have the most amazing skin. But yeah, no, I so I met this woman in Chicago. Her name was Alena, and her products are called Alena Organics and basically you could eat all of them.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't, but you could.
Speaker 3: On a desert island, but you got your luggage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: What's so amazing is she the chemists from Russia, and so she makes all these products and they're so good. And her facials she does that like MicroC and light therapy and all the things that are like very holistic and amazing. But actually you can see the benefits of and I just I use all her products probably for the last like seven years, like only her. I don't use anybody else. And I'm just assessed. And what's crazy is I was nervous when I moved to Michigan. I was like, oh my god, what am I going to do? But actually her home base is in the same town as me as Michigan.
Speaker 3: No, yes, why you moved here.
Speaker 6: I know, I split my time between two different taps of Michigan and her husband. The reason she moved from Russia to Michigan is because her husband is a music professor at Western and Michigan, which.
Speaker 3: Is so close to its bananas.
Speaker 5: So I get facial still even while at the farm.
Speaker 3: Her business is about to boom man.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, oh, okay, interesting given the state of affairs at the moment. What is your current state of mind?
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: My current state of mind, I feel, you'll you know, it kind of ebbs and flows. I feel like it depends on the time of the day. It's like if you were to like check your glucose during the day.
Speaker 5: It would be different.
Speaker 6: And I feel like that's my state of mind, like it rides with my glucos Like it's because sometimes I wake up and I look around and I get to be in nature so much living out here, and I get animals. And I had this stray cat that found me and just gave birth in my house.
Speaker 5: So I'm dealing with.
Speaker 3: The kittens that are what did you name it?
Speaker 6: I named her Cosette, and then the kittens names are Mouffette because I heard that's how you say Skunk and French because it was storm Alex after my cousin, and then Mermaid my two year old niece named that one, and church Fort Cemetery obviously, so.
Speaker 3: You're a creep. Your boyfriend loved that one totally.
Speaker 6: So yeah, Like I wake up and I feel so calm and so great, and then you know sometimes when you think about like everything else going on, you know, like for me, I think when I start thinking about environmentally what's going on, I can go on such a spiral and then I have to walk away from things and just like focus on one thing at a time. So it's like it ebbs and flows my state of mind. But I think overall it's pretty calm because I try to just do what I can and the things that I can't do or that are out of my control, I try to be aware of and then set like a time limit of how much I can actually like fester on those.
Speaker 5: So pretty good, like a timer.
Speaker 3: I said timers for my kids all the time. I never thought to do it for like my emotions yourself, Like it's been twenty minutes, you are allowed to have some done.
Speaker 2: I can freak out for eleven minutes and then I got.
Speaker 3: To move on. Sorry, that's so smart.
Speaker 4: Forty five minutes of wallowing and then no more, We're done.
Speaker 3: That's grow I like that, all right. What do you most value in your friends?
Speaker 4: Hmm?
Speaker 6: I think like the first thing I came to mind was grace, And by that I mean, like, I feel like life is so crazy and I try so hard to not be on my phone all the time, but my love for my like, I'll do anything for anyone, and I'll be there at any moment, but sometimes I won't get to the text right away. And if I have friends that take that personally, it's just it's really hard for me because then I get exhausted by trying to keep up with so much and also trying to keep up with all and I hate talking on the phone. I'm such a bad phone talker. I get a little bit of anxiety when people call me. I'm like, oh, and I have one friend. I only have one friend that I consistently talk on the phone with, and she breaks me of that, which I love her for. But she knows I have that anxiety, so she doesn't care. She's like, whatever, I'm calling you anyways. But yeah, I think just that grace of like you have to be able to be flawed around your friends and be like, oh my god, I'm having anxiety over this, or like you're coming for five days.
Speaker 5: Normally people only visit me for three. I'm a little anxious about a fun.
Speaker 6: Like my friends have to know that stuff about me and just love me anyways, because if not, it's just probably not gonna work.
Speaker 5: And that's okay too, you.
Speaker 3: Know, just manage the expectations, guys. So three sounds good? There is good, okay.
Speaker 4: I love the way this Christian is praised on what occasion do you lie?
Speaker 6: Oh oh, when I don't want to make it to my gym appointment?
Speaker 5: Most likely it's good.
Speaker 3: Oops, i'm having cats in the kitchen. They just have baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't be Yeah, my sister took my car. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. You can't walk in Michigan. That's not gonna happen. I thought my Uber's broke. My app doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 5: I don't have Uber here.
Speaker 6: I don't have Uber you, guys, I don't have Postmas grub Hub. Yeah, no cabs, no delivery, no doors cab. That took some getting used to.
Speaker 3: So you're cooking every night.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'll go out and then I'll bring things home or pick up takeout, but nobody delivers.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. That took it.
Speaker 4: That was an adjustment for see why dinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what is one thing you'll never do again?
Speaker 5: I date my heck'.
Speaker 3: But here here sky dive.
Speaker 5: For sure. I was happy I did it, but I didn't need to do it again. I was like, I'm good, now we could tick that off.
Speaker 3: Did you say tied die bie dive? Oh, skydive? I was like, Torri, what did tie die ever do to you? Skydive's different?
Speaker 5: Sky dive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you did it, but you wouldn't do it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad I did it so I could say I did it.
Speaker 6: I had the experience, but I actually I had a hard time breathing, Like I feel like it gives it a pool of water and I couldn't catch my breath, like the air get in my mouth. I'm like, this is not and then I get really motion sick.
Speaker 5: So then by the time we were calmed down, I was like, like just not feeling right. Yeah, it wasn't good.
Speaker 4: So haven't you gotta you've done that several times? Right, Yeah, do you have that same experience?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I know what you mean about the pressure, Like I think I got lucky because the first time that I went, my instructor was like, just turn, you know, turn your head at an angle to the side if you're struggling to breathe in free fall. So I just I kind of got a hot tip. But I I don't know it does something for me mentally, like if everything, if the whole world feels like it's on fire or things are overwhelming, I'm like, I just got to jump.
Speaker 3: Out of an airport.
Speaker 2: By the time by the time I'm on the ground, I'm like, everything is gravy.
Speaker 3: Life is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm so lucky to be on this planet. What are we getting for lunch? Like it's like a mental whole version of a cold plunge for me.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't know that's awesome.
Speaker 6: I yeah, I mean I I intellectually understand that. I that doesn't have that effect on me.
Speaker 3: It's not for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 3: It's cool to say that you've done it, But I don't get motion sickness like that to be nauseous in the air.
Speaker 2: I don't that sounds like a nightmare. Oh god, I would pass also in.
Speaker 3: That my dad. My dad used to say this thing. He'd be like, well, there's only so many ticks in the ticker, which meant like you only have so many heartbeats, and like you really want to waste him on that, you like, it was always like only get so many Skytime's one of those where I'm like, I spent my ticks on that seems scary, scary.
Speaker 2: I also feel like and I'm curious, like you know, for us versus like for the two of you. I don't think that one I have kids, I would ever do that again, like y'ah children, Like, yeah, it feels insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't even like the hot air have you goes down hot air balloons? Bro, I don't drive at night, Like I'm like, yeah, probably someone drinking and driving right now. Stay, Oh my god, exactly.
Speaker 4: I had an ex boyfriend or had a boyfriend once who yes, he is an ex boyfriend. Anyway, what's the point of the story, joy, Yeah, So, but I remember he had scheduled this hot air balloon ride for us, and he told me late that night it was for very early.
Speaker 3: The next one.
Speaker 4: He was like, get ready, we have to wake up really early in the morning because I'm taking you.
Speaker 3: On a hot alone.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, no, you're not so mad. He still brings it up when we see each other as a joke now, but for some reason it was like, that's another conversation for another day. But the idea is that you can't, especially once you have kids. I'm not getting in a basket that's going up into the sky and controlled by some guy holding a lever to make the fire go and on fire, Yeah, on fire, I don't do.
Speaker 3: I gotta sign a waiver for Nope. Okay, that was a good question. All right, torys Ever jumping out of a plane again. What is the strangest purchase you've made?
Speaker 5: Oh, the strangest purchase?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I want to know.
Speaker 3: Hillary's answer to this ques like something dead or you know, body parts, poor choices.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I really don't even know.
Speaker 6: I mean hmm, I mean guess being at the farming by weird things like I had like a little mouse situation last year and obviously don't want to kill them.
Speaker 5: So I bought these like little balls that were supposed to be like smell repellence for them.
Speaker 6: Oh no, And what's stranger than the purchase is more the reviews that we're on because everyone's like, I put them in my car like glove box.
Speaker 5: They don't smell that bad, you guys. I went out of town for a week. I came back. It took over a year for the smell to get out of my house.
Speaker 6: It smelled like spearmint mixed with rotten garlic. It was disgusting and it lingers. And I'm like, who are these people that have it in their car and said that they enjoy the smell.
Speaker 5: I want to meet Suy. I want to meet them. Yeah that was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gross?
Speaker 4: Who are your favorite writers? It's just a total pivot in another direction, like book writers, Yeah, could be short form, could be journalists, could be book writers? Songwriters? For your favorite writers?
Speaker 5: Well, I love reading, so book writers.
Speaker 6: I feel like Zadie Smith had like a very like flow to her, and it just it's easy to read, and it just really like paints this picture and it goes and I feel like all the classics have that, and nowadays sometimes. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love like contemporary books, but a lot of times I feel like it's just like you're trying to be overwitty or you're trying to just use every sat where you've ever known, and you just stop and I'm like, we don't need to overcomplicate this, and I just like so I like the old love like and I also love Chuck Palinik. I went through like a whole thing, and then I reread some of the short stories I read during that time, and I was like, it was very influenced, not barely it's good, but very influenced.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I think those are like a couple of my favorites. Yeah, I'm trying to think if there's anyone I read consistently. But I like Tom Robbins a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, daneil gave me Tom Robins books and we were doing what, uh, what is another roadside attraction? Was that? It? No? Okay, what was it?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Jennerbug Perfume is my favorite. It's so interesting.
Speaker 6: I like when it's like interesting but not too complicated, where you're like, what am I reading right now?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, I see no, it was it was even Cowgirls Get the Blues. Oh okay, and then I read another roadside attraction. Yeah, dude, I think he's Daniel's favorite writer too. She loves it really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys have a similar vibe. You're both girls with the crystols next to your bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You surely met her. I mean i've met her.
Speaker 3: You guys haven't crossed over.
Speaker 5: Not really, I've met her. I don't know her. We never worked together, we never, like, yeah, we never.
Speaker 4: We need to get you guys at a dinner table together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to get the five of us and a couple of bottles of wine and go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, another pivot. What is your greatest regret?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for all the people listening, please, it's just sitting into the deep end of the pool. You can say bangs, it doesn't have to be deep.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh my god, my god, you're kidding me.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 6: My greatest regret, well, as of late, my dog just got an eye infection and I didn't read the box right and I was supposed to be giving him his antibiotic three times a day and I only give it one and his eye that used to look like a cataract zombie now looks like a bright red zombie. And I have to take him back to the VAT and I feel like bad mom. And I regretted so much that I just didn't read the fine print that's on me. And I have deep regret for that because he's old and he deserves to feel good.
Speaker 3: And I feel like a bad mom. I mean, bright red sounds better than cloudy?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Is it a step in the right direction? A little?
Speaker 6: It's scary, it's scary, but you know, yeah, yeah, poor little guy or baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, here's another dark one. Geez, we might have to split these dark ones up. U. What is something you really dislike.
Speaker 6: When people are eating and you can see the like spit string when they're.
Speaker 3: The stalagtite stalagmite spit.
Speaker 6: I can't do it, and I yeah, it's a problem. And it's actually the one thing that I've worried about becoming a mom myself, Like when the kids get the like globs of stuff everywhere, Like I can handle blood all those things, but that like I dislike it so much, And then it makes me weird because somebody's having a conversation with me and it's happening. I don't want to be rude and be like you have and I'm like, huh, and then I start distracting myself and looking.
Speaker 5: Every which way, and then I feel like this girl.
Speaker 6: Has lost her mind, and I'm like, I just can't look at you, and I can't look at you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate that when you're in a conversation and you have to strategize when you're gonna look at the person, when you're gonna look down at your food. You're like, I'm trying to listen to you, but also definitely can't look at you. So I have to make this feel real conversation and only look up when I know that you've swallowed so that I don't have to deal.
Speaker 2: So awkward. And it's terrible when it's someone who you're not close enough to to go do you have a really gross thing happening on your face?
Speaker 3: Like? Can I just help you?
Speaker 2: When it's a new person, you're like, do I say it?
Speaker 3: I know not, which is the lesser of two evils?
Speaker 6: And then some people just accumulate more just their mouths and that's fine, and so sometimes you're like, I don't want to comment on it, because what if it's just the way they chew and eat, Like, can I really say something about something how they about how they fundamentally are Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like is it the positioning of their molars? Like something they.
Speaker 6: Know or says that and they forever think about it or have an insecurity about it. I actually once had to remove myself from a dinner table and started dry heaving in the bathroom and I was like, tell my appetite and my mom was like, honey, you got to get over this.
Speaker 5: You're so weird. And I was like, I don't know, I just yeah, I dislike it.
Speaker 4: So but also, it wouldn't happen if people chewed with their mouth closed like they're supposed to.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you were on the right side of that one.
Speaker 4: Sis you say, wants as in your round? No, thank you?
Speaker 3: That's the title of this episode. Okay, here's here's a good one. This is a nice shift.
Speaker 4: What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: My gosh, so many. I mean right now, my two year old niece.
Speaker 6: And my sister just got a job, so I've been on fool nanny duty like literally like five days a week and spending all the time with her, and there's like obviously there's like as you guys know, being around young kids, there's like a level of but it's so beautiful and she makes me see things through such a different lens and it's like I.
Speaker 5: Don't even know, I just adore. I just look at herself.
Speaker 6: Like sometimes when I'm away from her, I just look at videos and stuff and I'm like obsessed. I can't beat my sister, who I love so much. She's always been one of the loves of my life. Too, is like had this.
Speaker 5: Little baby that has her eyes and I'm like, just.
Speaker 3: I love her. What's she into right now? I missed too? Two is fun just like a fun phrase because they could do tricks, but they also still love you.
Speaker 6: Yes, and they say things so funny too, do you know what I mean the way they say Like she'll she's just like I'll be like, do you want to do this?
Speaker 5: She like yup, yup, yup, And I'm like, who told you how to say yeah? Like where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I okay that you know, like yep yep.
Speaker 6: She's into mermaids and snails and then she likes to put that together and has you draw snail Mermaids God, which I think is a right convention.
Speaker 3: How is this not a kid's TV show already?
Speaker 5: Right, Snail Morman, it's the strike.
Speaker 3: The strike is a run.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 5: Exactly, Okay?
Speaker 2: When and where were you happiest?
Speaker 6: I actually probably, and I say ironically because I think to a lot of my friends that are still like in La or New York or whatever, They're like, where's the closest Whole Foods to you? And I'm like, at the time, it was Chicago two hours away, and now it's closer, it's an hour away, and they're like, no, no, could never live there.
Speaker 5: But I think, like just now, like now.
Speaker 6: I've always craved a slower pace, but I didn't know how to do it given the industry that we've always been in. And being able to finally do it, I feel so common, so happy.
Speaker 5: So I get in Michigan and now.
Speaker 3: Oh, babe, you deserve that.
Speaker 5: Thank you you.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: Well, while you're living in Shangri La, learning all sorts of new farming tips and living your best life, which talent would you most like to have?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I wish I could like Mariah carey sing that would be or enjoying. Let's just say, like, honestly, I would give anything. I do it all the time in my house, in my car, but I just.
Speaker 5: I can't because I would have I would never even.
Speaker 6: Gone towards film. I just would have gone straight to Broadway. I'm like, I'm here, all.
Speaker 3: Right, and I can't and it me. But did you ever like do like chorus or drama like musical theater in high school and stuff?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, I actually feel like I can hold a tune more now because I've just forced it so and so finally, like at almost forty, my voice is like maybe we could if somebody like tuned you right in a movie.
Speaker 5: No, I never did it on stage or anything. Oh I wish.
Speaker 6: I can't even imagine what that must feel like to just stand up and have it come out right like, oh, it's the best the joy.
Speaker 3: Literally literally we see what you literally joy do you have?
Speaker 4: I mean, not to break away from the questionnaire, but totally break away from the questionnaire. Do you have something in your life that makes you feel like when you you just like, this is it? I it so feel so good, it's so easy. It's just this is where I belong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: That feeling that you're talking about, imagining what it must feel like to saying like what in your life does that mean?
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny, it's not.
Speaker 6: It's not performing ironically because I get so much like anxiety and stage right and I love it because I always love the final product and I love doing it.
Speaker 5: But it just hypes me up so much, so I'm like ugh.
Speaker 6: When I started, like hospice work, being in that space, I remember walking away and being like, oh my god, this totally makes me feel like I'm doing something that I really feel common and I like centered because it makes me feel like I'm a part of like a different kind of birthing process with somebody as they're dying, and like that was like the first time I think I ever felt like, oh wow, I'm so good at this and like but it just belonged. I belong here, like it doesn't you know. I get why sometimes it might affect someone differently or whatever. Like I just felt like, ah, Like I walked away feeling like okay, like this is a light for me, like a light.
Speaker 3: How long have you been doing that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I actually started doing it when I met the three of you during that time.
Speaker 5: I yeah, I was just looking for some it actually like it found me kind of.
Speaker 6: I did a random Google search, not even for hospice, and hospice came up and I was like, what is this. I didn't even know what it was, and so I started doing it and I just loved it.
Speaker 5: And now I'm that kind of.
Speaker 6: Like took a slowed down during COVID because you couldn't be in person, and I liked doing impatient care.
Speaker 5: And so now the COVID's over, I'm like, Okay, do I.
Speaker 6: Want to find another hospice in Michigan and redo the training and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Or I've actually been thinking about getting my death dual certificate.
Speaker 3: Oh my Tori, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that's the next step.
Speaker 6: I think, but it's like that thing is, it's on the to do list, so we shall get there.
Speaker 5: When we get there.
Speaker 3: You are blowing my mind right now, Like that is God's work. That is like you have to have It's like law enforcement when you're dealing with heavy subject matter, like you have to have a very specific personality. And I totally applaud that you jumped into that because that is, you know, for a lot of people, a dark chapter, and you may get better for people.
Speaker 5: Thank you. That's very sweet. It's weird. It's like sometimes you know, like you got to wonder.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you know, maybe path lives exist, maybe they don't, whatever, But it's like, why do we fit certain gloves that other people don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't feel like it's something that I can say like, oh, I chose to do this, so whatever. I feel like it chose me and for whatever reason, it fits and great, but it's not for everybody.
Speaker 5: And I get that, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But also what a special calling because it's such an important part of the human life cycle and so many people shy away from it. Death makes so many people uncomfortable, big emotions, you know, sitting with people's pain makes a lot of people uncomfortable. And so I think, if it's something that you're capable of doing, it's such a gift.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, And that's really sweet, amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if they' be related, but it feels like not an accident, that this is the next question, what do you consider your greatest achievement?
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because I feel like there's so many different categories of achievements, you know, Like I feel like just.
Speaker 5: The fact that we have all done what we do for so long and still have so much light and love to you know, not broken yet, not broken yet, and I'm over far. We're kind of good. You guys did it?
Speaker 6: Like that's such an achievement, you know. But yeah, just I think like.
Speaker 5: Just navigating this life, this career.
Speaker 6: You know, we've gone through all individually, so many things, you know what I mean, friendships, you know, friend breakups, real breakups, family stuff, death things, you know, environmental things, worldly things, so many things.
Speaker 5: And I just feel like getting up each day and choosing.
Speaker 6: To have a positive attitude and looking at it like you can turn a palace into a prison or a prison into a palace, and today I'm making it all a palace. Like that is such an achievement in itself. And I feel like we don't like pat ourselves on the back enough just for making.
Speaker 5: It through the day.
Speaker 4: So yeah, especially for people who want to be hyper productive, it seems like no matter what we accomplished, there's still something that we're just looking at ourselves like, well, didn't do this, this and this. It's so hard to turn around and go, yeah, but look at all the things I did do today.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's like it's just you're always climbing the mountain and to just like stop and put up the tent for a second and go on a hill and.
Speaker 5: Look at all.
Speaker 3: Put a timer on it again. Yeah, that's it, she put a timer on the day done. I'm celebrating what I did and love this.
Speaker 5: Nobody bothered me. I'm celebrating.
Speaker 3: I'm using this. I have learned things. Okay, Uh, if you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't think I'd want to come back as.
Speaker 3: A thing or like an animal or tree you could get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't trust other people enough to come back as an animal.
Speaker 3: That's smart. I well two kind of things.
Speaker 6: Like I always felt like when I die in this life, I want to be buried as like a mushroom or a cherry tree or something, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But if I actually could be reincarnated something, oh my gosh, I'd come back as like I don't know like gretitune versusthing, you know what I mean, Like someone's so much more interesting than me. That's like really knocking off that to do list of things that we need to do, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that checks. She's lived a lot of lifetimes.
Speaker 5: You've lived a lot of lifetimes for sure, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was still playing with barbies when I was her age. Man, I'm just I know that the moxie.
Speaker 5: Riding my bike till the street lights came on. That was my biggest worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, all right, so you're gonna come back as a do gooder. Yeah. The hospice thing was definitely a past life thing, Tori. There's a pattern here.
Speaker 5: I see what's going I could see that.
Speaker 6: I could see that definitely, Yeah, because it felt so natural too, And I feel like when things just fit and it's just like, oh, I've done this, I've been here before.
Speaker 3: This is the light for me.
Speaker 5: Then it's yeah, there's something connected to it for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Okay, So if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be.
Speaker 5: I would probably change.
Speaker 6: I feel like I can be like I feel like we all fall into this like hypercritical of myself or like we talked about like not feeling like I'm doing enough or you know what I mean, or you know, if my pants are too tight that day. Even though I'm like I look at my sister and my my my friends, I don't always like everyone's I could find something beautiful about anybody except for myself sometimes, and you.
Speaker 5: Know that's frustrating.
Speaker 6: I wish I could change that, because it's like to wake up and just feel comfortable in who you are all the time would be such like there's so many other things to worry about, and then you have that battle with yourself. You're like, well, I don't want to live in that like space where I'm so hyper aware of myself, like why do I feel this way?
Speaker 5: And then you continue to beat yourself up more over it.
Speaker 6: So I guess just that like hyper critical you know self that I feel like we all have. I don't think I've ever met somebody that doesn't have that.
Speaker 3: No, our generation with all we grew up with, you know, like we watch commercials our whole lives that were like girl, really such a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's all the ways you're inadequate, and here's all the things we can I offer you to fix it.
Speaker 2: All the things will try to sell you, so you hate yourself a little less. Congratulations and it's free. Yeah, exactly, Okay, I think we know, but maybe it is somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Who knows. Where would you most like to live?
Speaker 5: Michigan?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it so much. I have the farm.
Speaker 6: And then my boyfriend and I actually just got a place together and it is built in nineteen sixteen. So I met her there are.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So I'm just like, yeah, I just.
Speaker 5: Love I love Michigan.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I have such a soul talk about other lives. I have such a soul connection to Lake Michigan and Michigan as state.
Speaker 5: I don't know why. I don't know where it came from, but it's here, and so yeah, I don't think i'd live anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Dollie, this is such good news, man.
Speaker 5: I love this for you.
Speaker 3: All Right, we've arrived at our twenty third question, and so we would love to know what is your most treasured possession?
Speaker 6: Gosh, because I have like three that came to mind. So I'm trying to see. I got a three, which one was my most treasured?
Speaker 5: I have this clock in my house that's mounted on my wall, and it's one that you have to wind up.
Speaker 6: And my parents when they met, they I came around three months later, and they knew they were going to be together and they wanted to live together. And they met while they were traveling, and so it was known that my mom was going to go live with my dad in New York. And before they got a house and before they went there, and within the first three months of their relationship, they bought a clock together.
Speaker 5: And I was like, what is the all I don't understand that that reasoning.
Speaker 6: It's like, we don't have a home yet, but this clock that's about this big makes sense to buy. And I have this little plaque on the inside that my mom had written that like something like like our love liberty, our time, our love will is timeless or something like that, which they're not togethered anymore, so that's fine, but I still have it, and I love it so much, and like, I just think it's so funny. I'm like, yeah, my parents bought that clock before they had a home. We're just meeting each other, and I love it. It's just like a little part of history that hangs in my kitchen.
Speaker 3: That's so romantic beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this has been fun. I would have never known half of this stuff. I feel like I have so many more questions now I'm just busting yay. Yeah, yeah, Tori, this has been awesome. Are there any partied words that you want to share with the audience regarding like the strike or our business or what your hopes are for our industry.
Speaker 6: My hopes, as I think are with a lot of people, is that things will just come out fair, not that hard to be fair and take care of people. So that's my hopes with this strike, that you know, the greed will die down and the kindness and fairness will kind of like start building its way back up.
Speaker 5: And yeah, just to everybody, keep keep doing your thing.
Speaker 6: It's rough out there, but wake up, turn the turn the prison into a palace, and just keep breathing.
Speaker 4: You're the best things, Torri.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 6: Love seeing your coming, honey, Yay, We'll see you soon, you soon, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks everybody for participating in this with us. Your support means so much to us and all of our friends. And tune in next week. We'll be back talking about our memories and reminiscing and all the things that you love hearing about, but hopefully you loved hearing about about this stuff too, and finding out more about actors that you have seen but known. You had a great time.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queens O t H.
Speaker 3: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time we.
Speaker 1: All about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 5: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic Girl Cheering for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama Queenslease my girl, up girl fashion with your tough girl, you
Speaker 1: Could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens