Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Geddy arm Strong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 4: Israeli jets pounded southern Lebanon, and despite US concern over Israel's bombing campaign in Beirut, there were a series of strikes around the capitol. This comes a day after Hesbel avowed to strike deeper inside Israel.
Speaker 2: The Israeli military says it's targeting Hesbel as strongholds, but there have been more than two thousand casualties and nearly eleven thousand wounded, many of them civilians.
Speaker 5: Wow. I was just thinking, this is listening to that because that's about Hesbelah and Lebanon, and news today right now is all about Hamas in Gaza, and it looks like Sinwar has been killed, the leader of Amas and the mastermind of October seventh. And I was going to talk about the two front war or is it really a one front war against Iran? And soon that will be more obvious when Israel does attack Iran, which they're planning to do. That's why we thought we'd bring Mike Lyons in he's our go to guy anything military. We catch him on CNN all the time. I follow his Twitter feed all the time and wanted to hear his opinion. First of all, sinwar being dead, if that's true's good news, Hey Mike, Hey.
Speaker 6: Guys, Yeah, I think so. It's not the end or anything of this. It's not that thing will change. There is others there within Hamas that will look to step up take his place. But he's been the leader since I think twenty seventeen. You know, Hamas has got this you know, kind of set up where they run the military, they run the political side of things, They have elections, they do a lot of different things that you would think of terrorist organization wouldn't do on some level. But there'll be somebody to take his place. I think you're looking at. There's a deputy leader. There's a guy named Sally Aurora. He was the deputy head there runs the West Bank operations. So he'll be the next one on the target. You know. Israel is kind of like next man up when it comes to this decapitation strategy. We saw what they did and let in the North with Hesbelah taking out significant leadership with the Pajer operation. This is much more difficult, much more precision strikes. But this is a good start, but surely not over yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So the reason we wanted to have you on was the news came out yesterday that Israel is ready to attack Iran. They are going to attack Iran, and it is going to be before the election, so sometime in the next nineteen days. I would imagine sooner rather than later, because the closer you get to a presidential election, the more influence it would have on it. What do you.
Speaker 6: Expect to happen, Well, I think the administration is going to no longer put lines on our allies, which is what they've been doing for the past few months. And we saw yesterday, now what it was, we saw the B two's coming from the US to drop bombs on the Hoofis. I think that's a good sign. That's that's that's an indirect message to the Iranians to stop taking our threats lightly.
Speaker 5: Just just since you you brought that up. I just saw that headline. So that's the first time we had used our B two bombers are really big bombers in quite a while. That's a fairly significant thing.
Speaker 6: Huh it is, and and they go along way, those are nuclear capable, not that we're going to drop a nuclear weapon on anybody over there, but it just it just reflects the level of weapon system that we've brought into the theater now that we're prepared to use. It's not just going to be these naval assets and and other places. So I think that's that's a you know, we're good at sending messages. That sends a big message on a lot of levels. But I would take it a step further. If I'm the US president or the chiefest Staff, you're advising the president and you're meeting behind doors with bbing net and Yahoo. Right now, Look, this is a generational opportunity to take out the Iranian nuclear capability. And there's Reel has done this in the past. And if if I'm aw, I'm saying, look, we're all in, well, we'll go ahead and light the way for you guys. We'll take out all the fea ed, we'll take out all your defense platforms. But you guys got to go accomplish that mission because the world will be a safer place when the Ranians aren't close to having nuclear weapons. We're traveling about. You know, how close are they to break out? We're watching internal Iranians argue about the fought while that the Iatola issue that they wonn't produced nuclear weapons, that's a bunch of garbage. I mean, obviously they're moving it forward. So I think this is the time, and I think there's a lot of things going to happen the next nineteen days before our election, and you're going to see this administration also come off, you know, the rains a little bit because they recognize that that's what most Americans want, and what they want to do is get re elected. This administration wants to get reelected. And I think that's what you're going to see, so less less red lines for Israel going to see is real kind of go forward. But they were going to go forward anyway. But I think you're going to see that happening.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's interesting. I didn't know that would be your take. I'm happy to hear it. So you think we would actually use some of our unique firepower to lay the groundwork for Israel's attack, In other words, we would be involved in the attack on Iran.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so. I think we would. You know, that would be a big step forward. Yeah, would for us to attack, Yeah, I mean, but I think you'd have tremendous support to do that. I think that they would be support within our country and with our politicians to do that.
Speaker 5: Not great Britain and France though, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 6: Saw that, and where they are they're struggling with their own you know, internal forces right now. But politically this would be the right move at this point. So again, they don't the Israel doesn't need them, and Israel's going to have long memory about how they acted, especially in particularly the French. But with the French have done this before.
Speaker 3: I mean you look in history and sure.
Speaker 6: The French haven't been the French haven't been a thing militarily since what April of nineteen thirty nine, I mean since then, since right before Dunkirk. You know, they were the greatest military ever in the world, and then you know, pretty much over a four day period that that went away and they haven't recovered since.
Speaker 5: So well, what was it? I don't know, you might know it. I read the Schwartz Cough quote about France the other day that going to war without France is like something going to something without a banjo. Or something. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, so again, you know, they pick a choose when they want to be in the game. And you know, so I don't think, you know, Israel this rolls arise, doesn't doesn't really care about it. The United States is the one that's superpower in the region, and Israel's acting like a superpower. Let's be clear, right, So here's a well, Israel has nuclear weapons as well, but so but they act like a superpower. They're going after leadership, looking to decapitate. It's all air strikes using tremendous intelligence assets, you know. So they're they're acting like a superpower in that region. And what I'm seeing too is other countries now Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Egypt quietly so these other countries recognize the threat of iron. They want Israel to take out the threat as well. In the United States. Now, I'm glad we're going after the houtis. It's been a long time coming since since since we've had, you know, done something about that situation. So you know, I think you're going to see this stepped up reliance on de terrence. We have as of right now, we have no deterrence that I see with Iran, Israel's going to re establish it and they're going to re establish it by hurting them pretty badly.
Speaker 5: Fantastic. I'm very excited about that. I grabbed the popcorn. I'll be watching that and it's got to happen in the next you know, nineteen days before we let you go. I want to switch to another spot because President Zelensky of Ukraine has laid out his peace plan or plan for ending the war. I guess he's calling it that includes giving up no Ukrainian territory. I don't know if he actually believes that or not, or if that's you know, your classic pegging the negotiations. This is where we'll start and go from there. But what do you think about where that is?
Speaker 6: I think he has to say that he has to start and go from there first of all. But and he'll be lucky to get some of that the coastalaria back in the south there from from Russia, given what it occupies, given what it has occupied since Obama was president, and then when Joe Biden was president, they decided to go after it again. They've got maximust objectives that it still can't be accomplished militarily. I saw this morning also that if the new NATO Secretary General speaking to the fact of you know, Ukraine will be a NATO country, that's that's not gonna help anybody. That's that's you know, we should just be quiet on that. But then you have Zelinski saying, well, we're going to develop nuclear weapons if we're not part of NATO. So they're using nuclear weapons as a way as defense mechanism. It's too late at this point. Let's let's you know, Russia will take some land back, primarily Crimea. They need Crimea for the Black Sea Fleet. Let's hope Ukraine gets some of that coastalaria back, which is what it can use. But it looks like that part of the Dombas likely becomes part of Russia. You have a d m Z set up. We have an North in South Korea. The wall is up every what he's good because it's going to mean more conventional arms pouring into the Europe and the US defence contractors are going to be happy about that.
Speaker 5: North Korea blowing up those roads between North Korea and South Korea, which was an odd move. Earlier in the week, he got China with some of the biggest military exercises around Taiwan they've ever done, still running their ships into Philippines navy vessels. There's a lot of hotspots around the world. Kind of a global macro question for you, is this are we in more of the like this is what the world's always been like? Is period right now? And we kind of got lolled into a weird state of you know, things being calm there for a couple of decades when we were the superpower really establishing a global order. Was that more normal for the world or is this more normal for the world where we.
Speaker 6: Are right now? We got lolled into it a little bit. And it all has to do if we he's established we've not established the terrence in these other countries we've allowed. Look with the Iranians, how much they were able to arm hesbe law and how mans you know, you see these pictures of those weapons, caches, those all those weapons are a clear a result of the Obama administration sending palats of cash to the Iranians to try to do a nuclear deal. So we we again lost our way with the terrence, and and so did Israel. Israel, Uh probably will never forgive itself for what happened on October seventh, because that was a tremendous lull, and in fact, they got off to a very bad start as well in that war. We knew that they would recover. But now that's why they're not stopping. They are, you know, very biblically they're at this is this is how they're looking at this is his war. But I think I think that in in Obama's administration, we lost our determce with Iran. Trump as president for four years, he definitely acts tougher and acts more afraid, kind of goes the the Reagan way of de terrence about speak softly, carry a big stick, and that crazy every once in a while. And then these last four years with with with Brydon and col I just don't know what's where they're going. They again they give red lines to our allies, which is a non starter. They were telling Israel, we whip saw back and forth with Israel supporting them and not supporting this. And it's based on a voting block where in Michigan or Minnesota someplace. I mean, it's just we've got to get back to what's important for the United States. What's important for our national security and how we're going to project power, and I hope we start doing that again.
Speaker 5: Appreciate your time to Mike today. Mike, I follow you all the time and other people should at maj Mike Lions, Major Mike Lines. Thanks for your time today and insight on all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 6: I'll be on CNN later so hopefully cool to.
Speaker 5: Ye tune it in. Yeah, the world was better when everyone was too scared of us to do a lot of the things have been happening over the last decade or so, with as he said, Iran feeling free to arm whoever the hell they want, and China feeling like they can do whatever they want, and Russia feeling like they can invade another country. And it ain't good. Wow, he thinks we're gonna fully get involved in a war on Iran. I mean, we would be at war with Iran at least briefly. We start bombing that country and laying the groundwork. I'd be a heck of a move out of Joe Biden. It doesn't fit his personality. I wonder who convinced him of that. I wonder if he's making the decision. There's a good question. Right there is Joe Biden making that decision? Or is that Anthony Blincoln? Holy cow, we got a lot more on the way. I want to tell you about this. Did you see they revised the crime statistics up again? Man? That whole battle that's going on between the FBI and the media and the administration. Ohether crime or is up or down? People feel like crime is up. I certainly feel like it. And that's why you need simply Safe. With active guard, simply Safe's twenty four to seven monitoring agents can keep a close watch over your property and actually stop crimes before they happen, live human beings, being able to talk to intruders and say, hey, please are on the way, just letting you know. I got the cameras set up, I got the censors on the windows and the doors. I set it up myself from simply Safe. I went online and ordered it. When I moved to a different house, I added a few more things. Also very easy to do. If you want to have a professional help you out, you can't, but you don't need it. Here's the deal. Protect your home with fifty percent off a new simply Safe system plus a free indoor security camera when you sign up for fast protect monitoring. Just visit simplysafe dot com slash armstrong, simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So one of the members of the music group One Direction died last night. Looks like he might have killed himself. It's getting tremendous media coverage. I want to talk a little bit about why on that, even if you don't know who it is. And a bunch of other things on the way, stay here, Armstrong, Hey yetti.
Speaker 7: Liam Payne, a former member of the boyband One Direction, has died after falling from the third floor of a hotel in Buenos Aires. It's unclear if it was an accident. His body was found on a patio. Liam Payne was just thirty one years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he went One Direction downm here's crank up the music.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: Here's the song from One Direction. That's the band he was in. This is song is called Story of My Life and the only reason I want to bring this up. Crank it up a little bit, Michael, I actually really liked this song. Yeah, this is a I like this song too. My kids loved it when they were really little, when they were like, I don't know four and two. We would listen to this in the car all the time. Here's the book here, Yes, and this has got Harry Styles in it, right, Who's a giant, giant star and a huge talent. What I think is interesting about this is I couldn't have told you this guy's name. All of these boy bands have the same thing. Happened pretty much in sync Backstreet Boys, because Timberlake was an in sync guy, right, Yes, And there's usually one person that emerges as a giant on going star. I remember Beyonce was in.
Speaker 8: Destiny's Child, right, People forget that she was even part of that.
Speaker 5: But the other people in the groups, and you can cut the music now, Michael. Other people in the groups often their lives go really bad for some reason. So it's like this guy that was in one direction. So I don't know how old he was. I remember I saw him on Saturday Night Live as first time I ever saw him sing this song. We watched that a bunch of times. It was pretty cool, but you know, you're like twenty years old. Chicks are throwing themselves at you. You're flying around in a private jet and belmoed everywhere and you're on all these TV shows, and I mean, you're just you're the hot. You can't even believe your life. It's so amazing, and then it completely goes away and you got nothing. And they usually don't make much money. I know One Direction didn't because I'd read some about it. Harry Styles goes off the giant Fame, win's Grammy for Best Album last year, all that sort of stuff, right, but you're you're kind of nobody anyway. Apparently the story on this dude is his super hot girlfriend drumped him. He dumped him, he got all drunked up, smashed his computer in the lobby of the hotel there in Buenos Aires yesterday. Then I think jumped off the balcony. Right, the story of his life is splat really, Oh jeez, I knew you.
Speaker 8: I knew you were gonna just just jump right into a jack. So this guy, he actually so One Direction went on a hiatus in twenty sixteen, and he.
Speaker 5: Pursued a solo career. Yeah, they all pursued solo careers. Didn't do all that.
Speaker 8: Great, all do And TMZ kind of stepped in it. Yesterday they released a bunch of pictures of the guy's hotel room and then deleted him like right away. But there were a bunch of burnt pieces of foil all over the place, which usually that's a drug.
Speaker 5: Like an opioid thing.
Speaker 8: He looks like he punched or put a baseball bat through the TV in there.
Speaker 5: And yeah.
Speaker 8: The the nine one one call that was released and then redacted was a guy from the hotel saying, Hey, we have this guy. He is acting out of his head and we're worried he's gonna hurt himself. He hangs up with nine one one, then calls back and says, we just need an ambulance because it was after he had Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 5: The other thing I'm interested in is how much attention it's getting. I was looking up at my TV a while ago, and Fox, CBS, and CNN were all covering it at the same time. I couldn't have told you the guy's name for a million dollars, even though I was aware of one direction. So, man, those boy bands are girl bands. If you're not the star, it'd be a tough transition back to real life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See when that is over, I can't imagine it, would you know? The whole Is it better to have loved and lost than never loved at all? Is it better to be a giant star when you're nineteen and have all that and lose it or to never have it? I think you might be better never having had it. Yeah, it would be hard to ever get back to normal after that.
Speaker 3: Oof.
Speaker 5: I wonder what Harry Styles thinks of it. We're to talk to Joe maybe you've heard of him coming up in a little bit, and we'll probably discuss the Kamala Harris Brett Baer interview or as a as a part of the topic. He will be horrified that we even mentioned the guy from one direction. That's all on the way stay with.
Speaker 3: Us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: Not to mention how Donald Trump has has treated and talked about America's military and military service people, calling accepts and losers.
Speaker 3: Has diminished significant over each other.
Speaker 9: I apologize, and I would like that we would have a conversation.
Speaker 5: So that's a little bit of Brett bar and Kamala Harris yesterday from the Big Interview. Joe Getty joined us. I got something I want to play for you, Joe, and I want you to respond to all right, because I'm guessing you have not heard this. This is Morning Joe's Mika Brazinski on her take on the interview.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to get viewers an opportunity to actually hear her plans as president. Instead, as you saw, it almost immediately devolved into an embarrassing bad faith effort by a once respected host to play to an audience of one the hosts constant rude interruptions. We're designed to distract from the issues and facts that Trump and his accolytes try and twist and distort every day, and on Fox News they try and avoid and they couldn't.
Speaker 5: How do you like that?
Speaker 10: That's some fine panderin I mean, you can call her a twit if you want, but that is some great a pander.
Speaker 5: Did you get a chance to see well, do you want to tell people where you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Greetings from scene in Monterey, California, where I'm staying with a bunch of buddies for our annual golf trip to Monterey. And it is actually, in effect a fine focused group of patriotic conservative gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Which of the famous courses are you going to play?
Speaker 3: We will be playing the Monterey Peninsula Country Club of courses both of them.
Speaker 5: I don't know anything about that, but I assume they're lovely.
Speaker 3: It's astonishing. Yeah, it's amazing, Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 5: Have you been to the aquarium with the fish this trip?
Speaker 3: No, No, many, many times, but not this trip. This is all about golf, beef and liquor.
Speaker 5: But did you get a chance to watch Breton Kammel?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah.
Speaker 10: In fact, one carload of the guys who was a little late getting here, so we paused it waiting to watch it, and all of us doing a bit of a peepe dance waiting for them to get there because we were so excited to watch it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I watched it with athiduts and guys.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I had a bit of a focus group. And what was the takeaway?
Speaker 3: Oh, a great deal of heckling.
Speaker 5: You know, I imagine you're all white men for one thing.
Speaker 3: Well you imagined.
Speaker 10: Well, as it turns out, you know, nobody was a huge Kamala Harris fan, and nobody was terribly.
Speaker 3: Impress my takeaway.
Speaker 10: And again, I was just trying to watch it from the perspective of will any undecided voters use this as important data and making their decision?
Speaker 3: Was the ball moved up or down the field.
Speaker 10: I just I think my main takeaway is that the Biden Harris record is terrible, disastrous on the border.
Speaker 3: And crime and inflation.
Speaker 10: And I think she did not have any adequate or inspiring answers to explain why that was in the past, and she would lead us to a bright new dawn.
Speaker 5: Well it's because Brett behar wouldn't let her answer the questions.
Speaker 3: Because of his belligerence and misogyny. Correct.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know if she came out of there better or worse for the audience of undecided voters, which is the only audience that matters. Everybody else has made their minds up. So whether she did or so, I gotta say, if I had to guess, I think she did herself more good than harm. She did get angry in a like a believable real emotion sort of way. This was the first time I'd ever seen like any real anything out of her, which I would think would help her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: Forceful, but not unhinged, and she avoided sounding like a complete moron. Absolutely, of course, is what I was rooting for, speaking for myself, and I was disappointed, But yeah, she came off as more intelligent than she has in the past.
Speaker 5: So, well, since you're having kind of a party weekend, maybe you haven't been able to take in all the follow up. But Brett explained later she showed up seventeen minutes late.
Speaker 3: Oh it was that late.
Speaker 5: She so they only had like a half hour scheduled, and so they recorded it right before his show is live, and so there were time constraints and she rolled in super late. So he was actually sitting there looking at his notepad thinking, okay, well, I'm gonna have to scratch this. I'm going to have to scratch this if she gets here, and looking at his watch, and then she rolls in. And so that's why it ended so abruptly and weirdly, and it didn't have the flow he was probably hoping for because of the you know, you know that was on purpose that she rolled in late.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 10: And whether it was or wasn't, we've experienced this so many times. A politician's goal is to have you ask one question, then they fil abuster as long as they possibly can so as to chew up the time, and she was doing that as fast and hard as she could.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I opened the show talking about that that I feel like, I said, I don't want to speak for Joe, but speaking for myself, I don't feel like I've ever had a successful interview with a politician that I was trying to challenge. It's way harder than you think it is. If you think it's easy to do, you're wrong, because they you've either got to be like a jerk interrupting them and cutting him off, or you're not going to get anywhere. And that balance is tough.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was actually the conversation after I was trying to explain that, and especially you know the male female time. If Brett, who's a fairly you know, large male leaning forward in his chair five feet away from her, is just flat bullying her from the perspective you know, viewer in the undecided voter, that's a terrible, terrible look. See, you've gotta you know, you got to moderate it a little bit.
Speaker 5: How about your drinking. You to moderate your drinking or you're.
Speaker 3: Eating actually uh yes, no, no, you know how.
Speaker 5: Many times you live, yolo, You know how many times you live? I asked my kids this all the time. How many times do you live?
Speaker 3: Let me excuse me, did you.
Speaker 10: Hear what Jack said, Oh, my liver, my liver weighing in.
Speaker 3: I was trying to be cool about it. Hello, God, dang it, I was.
Speaker 10: I was feeling pleasantly full after dinner and they brought out the dessert menu and I'm thinking, not, I don't need that or anything. Dig this pumpkin bread pudding with a scoop of ice cream and some sort of orgasm sauce.
Speaker 3: It was unbelievably good.
Speaker 5: I wish you hadn't said that part. But I love bread pudding in general. Pumpkin bread pudding with ice cream.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's tremendous.
Speaker 5: I'll take the orgasm sauce on the side, or.
Speaker 3: Well I did. I'm still a little sleepy at it. I was groping for a descriptor.
Speaker 5: That's not the right one. Oh sorry, Oh god, that's horrifying.
Speaker 10: So yeah, broad takeaway, I think the football remains more or less where it was on the field.
Speaker 3: Although a couple of times.
Speaker 10: And we've talked about this more than once, I've come away from something like this, whether the debate or what have you, thinking, Yeah, no real points for scored or whatever. But then they ask undecided voters and they say boy, she didn't.
Speaker 3: Give me anything.
Speaker 10: Well, because they're looking for something positive, not just for her to avoid looking like a moron.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we struck upon something Katie and I. Earlier in the show, I was talking about the the undecided voter panels that I've been watching, and I've seen quite a few of them. I had spent my adult life thinking undecided voters were probably morons, or the idea that low information voters, so they just don't have much information. And that's not the case at all. On any of the panels that I've seen. They're not morons at all, and they are definitely not low information. So how are they undecided? And we figured that as Katie brought up somebody that she used to date that couldn't make a decision, like it took what would you say, took an hour forty five?
Speaker 8: It took it took an hour and forty minutes for him to pick out a pair of flip flops want it? And we went to a restaurant once and he looked at me with the menu in his hand and went, I'm panicking.
Speaker 5: So it's people who can't make decisions either.
Speaker 3: It's a deal breaker that is.
Speaker 5: It's the undecided voters. They're not low information, they're not dumb. They they're people that can't make decisions. It's if you're one of those people. And so for the first time I understand it, And well, how you how you impress those people? I can't even imagine, given.
Speaker 10: The troublesome choice presented to us, we the voters this time around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you're a huge Trump fan or a huge Kama fan.
Speaker 10: But I think a lot of people in the middle are not terribly inspired by either one. I think what you're describing is even a bigger factor because you know, you just you don't want to decide.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the percentage of people that are undecided is shrinking day by day. It's down to like four percent in most of the Swing states. I don't know how many people that would add up to. But I don't know anybody who would be undecided, not a single human. So it's hard for me to picture them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, at this late date, I wonder if that's why they percent.
Speaker 3: As you know, it's like triple what it would take to win the Swing States.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, but uh, what was I gonna say? Oh, maybe that's why they turn to giving people stuff. At the end, you're undecided, but that guy's gonna cut my taxes or she's gonna give me this, and you just go with that.
Speaker 3: Well they yeah, they just flow throw a flurry.
Speaker 10: Of of offers and enticements and empty promises and just hope one of it, one of them sticks with somebody.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: One other thing I mentioned to you since you weren't here and listening to it had Mike Lions on earlier.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I missed that.
Speaker 5: Talking about Israel. First of all, Sinhar's dead, the leader.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they think that that's the case.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not think Have you seen the pictures. That's good, that's clearly him and he and life. Yeah they're gruesome.
Speaker 10: Oh but he eyes one blew this way, one blew that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a that's a tasteless joke, but I suppose not bad considering it's a leader of Hamas or other tasteless joke. Was the guy, uh, the singer who's dead. He only went one direction down.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, one direction guys.
Speaker 5: This past yeah, oh yeah, it's a big story today.
Speaker 8: For some reason, he jumped off a balcony and that was that was Jack's fantastic joke that he had.
Speaker 3: You know, as jokes go, it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: But yeah, well was it gonna bring it? Oh, so we're talking to Mike Lines about Israel attack in Iran. I missed this story somehow. Yesterday we used B two bombers to bomb the Houthies and it's the first time we've used B two bombers in forever. I mean, that's a bit that's bringing out our biggest weapon, and that was partially a message to the rest of the world that hey, we have these, by the way, and we bombed the houthis. But my client says, we are going to bomb Iran and lay the groundwork for Israel to do the rest of it.
Speaker 10: Wow, number one. How did I missed that story too? But now I know?
Speaker 3: Wow, that is right interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't know what he has good sources, but he believes that the administration is going to for the first time take the gloves off and allow, you know, get involved and pave the way for Israel to do what they got to do.
Speaker 10: That is a very Unbiden Esque thing to do. I wonder that that he Blinken is finally convinced the Mummy. Well that's my question who made that decision? Secretary of State Lloyd Austin. They just said, mister president, could you sign this. It's the it's National Blueberry Day. We just need to sign this deck alone.
Speaker 3: Or the force Full Young fireband Kamala Harris. Maybe she talked him into it.
Speaker 5: Geez, oh my god, wow, I know. So that'd be a pretty big deal. And it's gonna happen. They're nineteen days left, it's been announced. It's happening before the election.
Speaker 3: So oh boy, spicy times just just not this week.
Speaker 10: Okay, I've got a tea time, I've got free tea times.
Speaker 5: You got more pumpkin bread with orgasm saucey eat?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no more, no more? Too full.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to say it again, Katie. I see the looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sts was too many. Thank you, Michael.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey, thanks for setting the bar on the show, Joe. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Lets you go back to your vacation.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm here if you need me.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I probably should have just left that alone.
Speaker 8: It sounded so good. And then the sauce, yeah right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 5: He was just trying to describe something that was very very good man could have used yeah, something very pleasurable, right, but that was yeah, didn't paint the picture we were opening to paint. Nope, not at all. I do love bread pudding, though it's very seldom that if bread pudding is on a menu that I don't order it and make it pumpkin, get out of here. I haven't even never ever had that. It sounds fantastic with ice cream. Oh yes, give me a break. We got more on the way. Hey, weigh in on some of this stuff if you have any thoughts, because I'd like to know what they are. Text line four one five two nine five k FTC. I'm taking this down.
Speaker 1: I don't stare for this. There's GENNI side.
Speaker 5: I don't support it. This is not okay, this is greaky. Who's this?
Speaker 3: This is greeky? What greaky?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I know this is real?
Speaker 3: My bad?
Speaker 5: So what happened there?
Speaker 11: That was a woman that there was flags outside a Greek restaurant, and so she decides she turned down thinking they were Israeli flags, and the owner came out and said, this is a Greek restaurant, those are Greek flags, those damn similar colors.
Speaker 5: It is shocking how many countries have the same colors for their flags. But yeah, how about you don't tear down any country's flags maybe Irans, but we're China's.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then I wanted to get this on And I actually just texted a friend of mine who lives in Salt Lake City to see if he has been there, because I would like an actual report. Hit me with this, Michael.
Speaker 12: Honestly, anytime I have to go to a gas station for whatever reason, especially being an Amazon worker, I have to use like facilities, I always.
Speaker 3: Come to Mavericks and I usually come to this one. It's it's really claimed.
Speaker 12: On the street where I work right now, there's the outhouses, but they're hot, stinky, and I mean covered in whatever have you and stuff wife on whatever was. So it is nice to have, you know, just four minutes down the road, be able to stop by and have an experience.
Speaker 4: Pa Seed.
Speaker 5: We base it on a criteria of cleanliness, visual appeal, functionality, innovation, and unique design elements. So tell us about that, Katie.
Speaker 8: Oh, Mavericks. They my parents live in Idaho and they are everywhere there. They are the best gas station on the planet. So somebody named them the best public restrooms. The restrooms at Mavericks gas stations always immaculate.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Interesting, I don't. I don't pay attention to brands that much when I'm traveling cross country, and I always stop at those great big truck stop things, so I wouldn't have noticed. But yeah, sometimes there they are. They're perfectly clean, smell clean, look clean, everything like that. You know, obviously that's not always the case you get to some unfortunate situation. I'll remember that. I'll keep that in mind if I'm I had a big intersection, I'm driving through the middle of nowhere, and you got a pilot over there, a Maverick's over here, all hit, the Mavericks hit, the Mavericks gotcha.
Speaker 8: Bathrooms are always clean, They've got yeah, I just I love that place.
Speaker 5: Not trying to disparage pilot bathrooms. They might be perfectly clean too. Like I said, I don't remember. The whole public restroom thing drives me nuts in the modern world, particularly in California, since they are almost non existent now. Yeah, they've almost done away with public restrooms everywhere. The number of times I especially noticed this when my kids were young. You know, Daddy, I gotta go and you got to stop somewhere, and they just don't have them. And it's because the homeless people in the drug addicts closed them all down, and so they all these businesses just decided it's easier to not have a bathroom than than to put up with, you know, having the homeless people hang around to sleep in there or shoot up in there, or wash their feet in the sink or whatever it is. And it's so freaking maddening.
Speaker 8: I know I brought this up before, but when Starbucks did that whole oh, anyone can use our restrooms, it was like two months later they only had a counter you could go in an order and get out because the homeless had destroyed the bathrooms and then it was spilling over into the stores.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I've talked about that. I don't know if it's still there, but is on the corner of like near Union Square in San Francisco, there's a Starbucks there and it is only you walk in the door and there's no place to even stand. It's just a counter and one employee. Everything else happens behind a wall to keep their employees safe. It's not like any Starbucks you've ever been to anywhere. And one person there will say what's your order, Then they'll go back behind the wall and bring back your coffee. No bathroom, no place to sit, no nothing. It's the only way they can make it safe enough to even have a Starbucks because it's Haiti. I mean San Francisco, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: And Union Square?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like Vaton yea, and all of the stores that it's like appointment only now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tiffany's is over there. Yeah, Saint Laurent's over there, and a Starbucks that you can't go into is over here because it's too dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Those stores you actually have too. If you haven't been there, you have to make an appointment to go into them, or you go to the front door. The doors are all locked and an armed guard outside looks you over and decides whether they're gonna let you in or not. And some of the nicest shopping in America. Yeah, it's just nuts. And you know, and when you have an environment like that, obviously there are no public bathrooms forget it. Which is which man's watch your step? Yeah, exactly disgusting. We've got a lot more on the way. If you missing ar get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty