Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetee arms Long Guddy Strong.
Speaker 3: What you're listening to now is the Armstrong and Getty Show. But make sure to check out our many podcasts.
Speaker 4: There's Armstrong e Getty Extra Large, featuring interviews with interesting people. There's Armstrong and Getty Select Cuts, and Armstrong and Getty One More Thing.
Speaker 3: All are free, and all are available on the iHeart app or wherever you like to download your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Us From Aleen Anonymous.
Speaker 3: We're on our way home from school tonight and out of nowhere, my twelve year old daughter says, do you know why I'm worried about having kids racing myself for some climate scare mongering or some other brand of crazy that TikToker or teachers are pushing.
Speaker 2: I responded, no.
Speaker 3: Why, she says, I'm afraid they'll come home one day and they'll tell me they're trans and I'll say, oh, no, you're not, and then they'll hate me, and the school will call me in and yell at me and tell me I'm anti trans, and I'll say you damn right, I am.
Speaker 2: This is a twelve year old.
Speaker 4: By the way, Wow, who has a very similar attitude is my twelve year old? Isn't that interesting? So many thoughts and emotions racing through my head. But in the moment I couldn't ever stout laughing.
Speaker 3: I told her, I hope it's bad that will have passed by the time she has kids. I certainly think it will. I wouldn't call it a fad kind of one. It's a psychological contagion. There are a bunch of examples of this through history.
Speaker 4: How interesting is that the kids like her kid and my kid coming to this conclusion in the face of everything around them other than like reality.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this young woman, obviously, God bless her, has the I am not going to tell you to ignore the evidence of my eyes and ears and my conscience. Good for her anyway, Who knows, maybe a little be the kids of this generation, whatever they're called, who are growing up rolling their eyes at the furries in their classrooms. They're sick of having pronouns and gender issues shoved down their throats. Who can see plainly and simply that the trans and nine non binary kids are mainly just misfits who are desperate for attention and belonging ding. Maybe today's middle schoolers will be the ones to rebel with conservatism and put a stop to the madness eventually.
Speaker 4: My son's always bringing up the furries. How does he even know the word furries?
Speaker 3: Brilliantly said an anonymous and good for your kid. You are absolutely right on every single count. How's about this? Greeting's Big Freedom's old simple Jack in America's Sweethearts Michael, Katie and Hanson. Our fabulous son, who just happens to be of mixed heritage, is about the same age as Jack's oldest, and, like Jack, soon or a young man, is starting the years of freshmen at a very nice California public high school. We've driven our son to and from school since kindergarten in order to be sure he attends better than nearby local schools up with school choice, let's see. Due to this and to and fro drive time, our son also enjoys the statistically proven educational advantage of listening to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Our son, who naturally understands the meaning of such words as Marxist, woke, progressive, and scumbag reported that his classes were pretty much chill and relax He reported that week one, after reviewing the class syllabus, he asked his chill I think, I can you know I'm going to leave the subject even out, But he asked his chill blank teacher, what does climate change have to do with this topic? The teacher leaned in and quietly told him nothing.
Speaker 2: They make us teach this stuff. Oh my god, wow. Wow. The notable exception.
Speaker 3: To the mostly chill and relaxed teachers who would say that to him was the wait for it, young white, college educated female English teacher who has a giant Pride flag hanging in her classroom. This has been our son's English teacher's teachings. Week one read a novel about the offensive nature of quote not seeing color. Next week, definition examples, and how to react to microaggressions.
Speaker 2: Oh man, then he.
Speaker 3: Was to declare what genders he identifies as for that week. Boy, the whole microaggressions thing has been so thoroughly debunked and misproven that that or whatever the word is, that that's the worst thing you can do is have people, you know, focus on microaggressions. Finally, last week he was to declare his to the class his pronouns. This is English class now. He stood up and proudly declared that his pronouns were HRH and HRM, his Royal Highness and his royal majesty. He reports that the class erupted in laughter and cheers. His English teacher, on the other hand, was not amused and angrily announced that his declaration was quote not appropriate for her English class.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you reading Shakespeare or something?
Speaker 3: Oh, let's see on brighter side. Substitute teacher came in who'd taught for decades. When the gentleman asked the class what they had last worked on and was told pronouns, he declared to the class, I will be teaching English and nothing else. Twitch The class of kids cheered wow.
Speaker 2: A and g s A y daat ang.
Speaker 3: Saving America's utes one day at a time, Alnonymous.
Speaker 4: You know it's not unrelated to the Wall Street Journal opinion piece we read earlier about how America isn't ignoring the fact that World War.
Speaker 2: Three is on the horizon.
Speaker 4: They're not unrelated that we're so willingly like giving away Western civilization or embarrassed by it. Of course, they're related. There's why would there be a great need to protect something that.
Speaker 2: You don't like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I remember years It just started years ago when I think it. Harold Bloom, his last name is Bloom, the world's greatest Shakespeare expert who taught at Yale for years and years, and how he was so bothered by the fact that nobody taught Shakespeare anymore so, the greatest writer in the English language of all time was no longer being taught in the universities, unless it was to point out how misogynist or racist or you know, male toxic it was, or anything like That was the only time I'd ever come up if at all. Well, if you're that willing to give away your culture, of course you're not figuring out how to make sure China, Russia.
Speaker 2: And Iran don't band together to win.
Speaker 3: Right, right in the success that they have had coming up primarily through education, the teachers, colleges, and then the schools in indoctrinating several generations of American kids and Western kids in general into this stuff. Admires the wrong word. You've got to respect how incredibly evil and devious and successful it has been, and we.
Speaker 2: Let it happen under our watch.
Speaker 4: I was reading Henry the Fifth and listening to it at fair amount over the weekend because I was doing this history podcast about the Battle of Asancore, which is what is in Henry the Fifth. The Shakespeare thing, that's the famous speech we band of Brothers, That whole speech is from that. But man, the writing of Shakespeare. I know this is a ridiculous thing for anyone to say, but it's just so amazing. I mean, it's unimaginably rich and amazing. And the fact that we don't teach it in universities anymore will come on in China, we don't care about our culture.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure there are multiple really good books about this. Actually, I can think of a couple that are more or less on this topic. And I just bought a Douglas Murray book, The Strange Death of Europe, I think is the title. Can't wait to dig into that, probably tonight. But how the civil rights movement followed fairly closely after the development of the critical theory crowd in France and Germany, and how they realized, oh, racial divisions and later sexual divisions, that's where we convinced people to hate their own countries and their own civilizations.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be workers of the World unite.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be every single misfit or minority we can think of.
Speaker 2: We'll come up with a way to convince them.
Speaker 3: That there's no redeeming their society and they've got to help us tear it down. That's what we'll do. And just for what it's worth, this is not my paranoid ratings.
Speaker 4: They wrote books with their names on the cover describing this very process.
Speaker 3: And they got it into the schools and universities. Again, it's insidious, it's horrifying, it's heartbreaking, but it has been successful.
Speaker 4: And as my twelve year old just finished reading Animal Farm and picking up on the fact that the people who promised, you know, a more fair world took over and were the same tyrants as the tyrants before a line from the Who song one of the best lines ever in rock music. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah so good. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And as I tweeted the other day, I untleashed a long screed about elections and political theory and stuff like that. I don't know why the urge just overcame me, but I was describing how elegant the description in nineteen eighty four is of the scam the Orwell book. Obviously, and interestingly enough, Well I won't give you the context because it's fairly straightforward.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 3: He explains how the time honored technique is. The middle says to the low, we're talking about like layers of society. The middle says to the low, we will overthrow the high.
Speaker 2: You gotta join with us. We'll overthrow the high.
Speaker 3: And the middle throws out the high and becomes the high, and the low gets screwed see Black America. Since you know the New Deal practically, since the welfare state came into being and debased the black family and made them dependent on the largesse of the government as opposed to their own genius and hard work. Anyway, then the next time around the old high, remember they're now the middle, they make.
Speaker 2: The same promise to the low.
Speaker 3: Maybe they throw out the current high, maybe they don't, but either way, it's a scam.
Speaker 2: History of the world, yep, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe, The Armstrong and Getty Show, Jack Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Joe Getty, The Armstrong and Getty Show. Back to Joe and Burton's soul.
Speaker 3: So I have a lot of worries about Trump character wise and judgment wise, and a few geopolitically. But at the same time time, Kamala Harris's policies are so ruinous, so dangerous, and she's such an idiot it's it's difficult to know. I mean, like in terms of geopolitics, national security, it's impossible to know what the hell she has in mind. She hasn't given a single clue. But when it comes to free speech, pro the economy, pro business, lower regulation, not sacrificing our economy on the altar of green, this, that and the other. Oh, I mean, I think Trump is well who was it? Who said was it? Bill Barr said? Trump is Russian Roulette, Kamala Harris's national suicide.
Speaker 2: I think that's true.
Speaker 3: The one thing that does worry me a little bit about Trump, though, is he is, I think, partly for ego reasons, utterly unable to do the hard thing now to protect the future. Fiscally speaking, guy say now granted on the campaign trail some of the things he proposed, I mean, the campaign it's silly season, you claimed, you promise all sorts of ridiculous crap that couldn't happen in a thousand years. Oh yeah, even if you were sincere about of Congress would never let you do it, even if it was your own party.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember when I read Stephanopolis's book All Too Human about the Clinton campaign. It's going way back, but nothing has changed. Just he was talking in that book about that because he ran Clinton's campaign. If you don't know that, George Stephanopolis from ABC this week, he was talking about all the things that you promised that you know you aren't even going to try to do, and then the things that you promised that you'll try but you don't think you can do them, and then the things you promised that you actually that's why you're running for president. But there there's a list of things that you don't even intend to, like have a meeting about.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's zero effort whatsoever that you're out there nickname for those things.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just a category.
Speaker 4: I think they all they just all acknowledged, they all probably know the thing is that they're talking about that. Oh, nobody's even going to bring this up the next day. We're not even gonna have a meeting on it, right, Yeah, not interesting. Beautiful, that is interesting.
Speaker 3: But in terms of being afraid of what this country would look like, it's funny. The left is always talking about how Trump is this, that and the other new Hitler blah blah blah, threatening democracy, threatening democracy. You have the left trying to tear down the Supreme Court, trying to end the filibuster. Tim Walls was in cal Unicorney the other day, suck it up to Gavin Newsom saying, Hey, we need to end the electoral college. We need to go to a popular election of the president. We need to do this as soon as possible. That would bring civil war to this country. So though I am uncomfortable with Trump, it's to me he's clearly the right choice anyway. Having said that, though, the one thing that bothers me is that he has all sorts of policies that would would be wildly inflationary, partly because of rampant spending. He seems to have no hesitation to spend like a lunatic in lower taxes, and that's dangerous. And I came across this from Milton Friedman, who is always worth quoting.
Speaker 2: Michael. It's clip number fourteen if you would.
Speaker 3: The great Milton Friedman on inflation and all sorts of.
Speaker 7: Stuff, Inflation is the most destructive disease known to modern societies. There is nothing which will destroy a society so fairly and so fully as.
Speaker 2: Letting inflation run right.
Speaker 7: Inflation doesn't arise because you got to consumers who are.
Speaker 2: Spends s rift. They've always been spend script. It doesn't arise.
Speaker 7: Because you've got the businessmen who are greedy.
Speaker 2: They've always been greedy.
Speaker 7: Inflation arises because we, as citizens have been asking you, as politicians, to perform an impossible test.
Speaker 2: We've been asking you to spend.
Speaker 7: Somebody else's money on us, but not to spend our money on anybody else. Everybody talks against inflation, but what he means is that he wants the prices of the things he sells to go up and the prices of the things he buys to go down. The real tax on the American people is not what.
Speaker 2: You label taxes. It's total spending.
Speaker 7: If Congress spends fifty billion dollars more than it takes in, if govern and spend fifty billion dolls who do you supoth pay that fifty billion dollars? The Arab cheeks aren't paying it. Santa Claus isn't playing it. The tooth fairy isn't paying it. You and I, as taxpayers are paying it indirectly through hidden taxation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one of my favorite quotes from him, and something the man they should teach in school. The real rate of taxation is the rate of spending because it has to get paid for someday. So whatever way they come up with a way to get money from you, that that's the rate of taxation.
Speaker 3: But with interest, Yeah, which is the insidious part, and that sort of the need for the US to service debt at the level we're accumulating, it will drive up interest rates for all of us, so it will be much more difficult to borrow money to buy houses, cars, et cetera, for businesses to borrow money. And inflation is a tax. They print money to give us a bucket a quarter. With the services for a buck it devalues the money we have. That's the hidden tax, and then we got to hit it back with interest. It's it's brutally horrifically unwise.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to hear this.
Speaker 4: I'm done right, So this is not the stuff that gets talked about during elections, certainly not the last month of any presidential election at this point in our nation's history. Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now. Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: First this.
Speaker 4: I've been meaning to talk about this for a while. LA Times has a story about how the San Francisco mayor's race is the hottest and many many years, San Francisco tech workers are spending millions on the mayor's race in San Francisco because they want the politics to be more sent T's just less progressive. I bring this up for the rest of the country. He doesn't live in San Francisco to wint out that there must be a limit. Apparently there's a limit for everybody. Yeah, how far how crappy you can let your town get with liberal policies before you'll decide to do something different. I was just reading about this ad this activist dude who's got somehow all sorts of political power because he has a bunch of followers in San Francisco, who's so staunchly against quote unquote gentrification that anything that improves anything he's against, that's a weird and he gets his neighbors to go along with it.
Speaker 2: That's a wild position. I'd say.
Speaker 4: We were talking earlier about we're in the last three weeks of the election, and both sides are promising to give people all kinds of things they can't actually give them because so many people vote on who's going to give me the most. Got this text, I don't vote for who will give me something. I will vote for who takes less from me. Yeah, that's the category I'm in. But about half the country don't believe there's such thing as that. I guess everything you learn really belongs to the government, and it's up to the government and to let you. They decide how much they'll let you have, right, and they'll take the part that's important for all of society. Hey, one man's socialism is another man's neighborliness, says Tim Walls, Right, and those are the same people who think the government gives you your rights. Yeah, the same principle on the Starbucks thing with the bathroom. So Starbucks the communal sinks that they now have because they took the bathrooms and mirrors out of the or they took the sinks and mirrors out of the bathrooms because homeless.
Speaker 2: People were washing themselves in there.
Speaker 4: So now you come out of the bathroom and there's like a communal thing there out by where you get your coffee, like you're at an outdoor rock concert or something outside the porta potties exactly. So the Starbucks communal sinks are still used to bathe right there in the open.
Speaker 2: On many occasions we've caught them.
Speaker 4: Straight up nude in the bathroom hallway with half their naked bodies literally in the sink. I've been in leadership for Starbucks for over ten years in northern California, trust me.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And it's mostly junkie, of course it is.
Speaker 4: And we put up with this in some parts of the country, and lots of the parts of the country, this doesn't happen. I live near Portland. I assure you it's not fine. We will not go downtown unarmed. Always carry everywhere here. Yeah, and miss kidding brother. I could not believe what I was hearing out of the NPR. Dude, and this text just to keep us level headed. This show has hit the rocks. There you go, hit the rocks doing poorly, Icey Yeah wow, played this yesterday, but in case you didn't hear it, it's pretty good. Trump is closing hard on the immigration argument way too much. Well, they call it the immigration argument. It's a legal immigration that really bothers people, or just unregulated immigration, even if people end up being legal or decent people, with.
Speaker 2: Just the idea of just randomly decided no policy whatsoever.
Speaker 4: It's just, however, many millions of people decide to come in and where they want to go is a nutty way to run a country, whoever they are. And polling show sixty percent of Americans now want to deport everybody.
Speaker 2: Who's undocumented, which is an extraordinary thing. Right.
Speaker 4: So Trump's closing hard with the immigration argument. He was in Aurora, Colorado the other day talking about the Venezuelan's taken over the apartment complexes. But anyway, Martha Rattits pushed back against his running mate Vance the other day and this is how that went.
Speaker 2: The Center advance.
Speaker 6: I'm going to stop you because I know exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stop you.
Speaker 6: The incidents were limited to a handful of apartment CONFLX apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerns a handful of problems.
Speaker 2: Only, Martha, do you hear yourself?
Speaker 8: Only a handful of apartment complexes in America were taken over by Venezuelan gangs. And Donald Trump is the problem and not Kamala Harris's open border.
Speaker 3: I know it's not the Venezuelan gangs taking over apartment complexes that are the problem.
Speaker 2: It's Donald Trump saying rude things.
Speaker 4: I know in the modern world, especially in social media, everybody's always owning everybody or destroying everybody or whatever right that is an own though, that is a are you freaking kidding me? You just said with your own mouth that only a handful of apartment complexes in a suburb have been taken over by violent Venezuela gangs, and you're portraying that is okay.
Speaker 3: Therefore I ought to shut up about it. Yeah, that's nuts.
Speaker 2: That was astounding.
Speaker 3: That is the protected class speaking that is so crazy.
Speaker 4: There are forty thousand illegals in Denver, not just I don't know what the number of would be. That people are, you know, moved here recently that don't speak the language or all the other things that make it difficult to assimilate.
Speaker 2: But forty thousand illegals, right, which is a lot.
Speaker 4: Denver's a big city, but not big enough to observe forty thousand illegals. And why should they a sanctuary city. As you're about to hear from this woman who lived in one of the apartment complexes that was briefly taken over by Venezuelan gangs.
Speaker 5: I was pushed out of my apartment by gang activity, people carrying guns in the hallway and patrolling the.
Speaker 2: Grounds with guns.
Speaker 5: She goes on, I feel like the immedia took my videos at face value and didn't do any research of their own, so they immediately said, oh, this can't be true, or this is only a few apartments. How many is okay? There were six people outside my door with guns. That's not counting all the other ones they used to patrol the property with guns. How many gangs is okay to have in Aurora? How many properties is okay to take over How many people who are citizens and is paying their bills? Is it okay to displace good questions?
Speaker 3: For Martha Raddins, this is an important principle. The classes in America are the protected class in the unprotected class. Their protected class passes these policies or refuses to enforce the law, for instance, and they are protected from the repercussions of what they have done. The rest of us who live in the real world are the unprotected class.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I first heard that spelled out that clearly by Tucker Carlson years ago on this Fox show. Just Nancy Pelosi and various other people who are for these sanctuary scenes, they don't live in neighborhoods where anything.
Speaker 2: Is changed at all at all.
Speaker 4: The music they hear, the food they eat, their schools, their hospitals, nothing has changed. So it's very easy for them to talk about, you know, the raising tide lifts all boats and all kinds of different things about assimilation.
Speaker 2: And melting pot and everything. No melting pot going on.
Speaker 4: In their neighborhood. Nothing has changed at all, White rich people. How many US Senators have kids in public schools? How many congress people have kids in actual public schools. I would like to know the numbers. It would be interesting to bring in some of these people to a public school and say, you see what the teacher's doing here, because I have seen it.
Speaker 2: The teacher is using Google Translate on their phone.
Speaker 4: So they they talk about whatever they just talked about, how Columbus, you know, raped the country or something. Whatever they're teaching in public school priorities. Yes, in the gender bread person they say that in English and then they use Google Translate for their phone and do it again, doubling the amount of time it takes for the handful of students.
Speaker 2: That don't speak English. Do they do that in your school? Oh, they don't do that in your school. I'll be darned. Your super expen's in private school.
Speaker 4: They don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah it really sucks. Yeah, yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Can we play the Martha Writings thring to get you there, just to hear that again her tone. It's unbelievable that she has this tone about this topic.
Speaker 6: The center evans I'm going to stop you because I know exactly what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stop you.
Speaker 6: The incidents were limited to a handful of apartment conflicts, apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerns.
Speaker 2: A handful of problems.
Speaker 8: Only, Martha, do you hear yourself? Only a handful of apartment complexes in America were taken over by Venezuelan gangs. And Donald Trump is the problem and not Kamala Harris's open border.
Speaker 3: And as I pointed out yesterday, the line from the police chief, our dedicated officers have responded to the concerns.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Actually, I heard from who did they have on Fox and Friends today?
Speaker 2: Was it the police chief?
Speaker 4: It was somebody from law enforcement in Aurora, Colorado, talking about there are forty thousand illegals in Denver and they're now coming into Aurora and we can't handle it. We can't handle the number of people. But Denver's a sanctuary city.
Speaker 3: Imagine being so ideological that you approach the conversation and the problem the way Martha Raddits did. When you have law enforcement saying we're overwhelmed, you have school officials saying we're overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: What's it like to live in that world?
Speaker 4: Well, I think if I lived in a DC suburb or wherever she lives, gated community that hasn't changed a bit in the forty years I've lived there. You know, I don't know what my point of view would be.
Speaker 3: Well, for what it's worth, we decided a long time ago that we were not going to attempt to infiltrate and hobnob with the halls of power because it changes you and the way you do this job.
Speaker 2: And so we're delighted to be outsiders.
Speaker 4: And I heard somebody make the point. So you had violent Venezuelan gangs attempt to take over a handful, just a handful, apartment companies, just a handful. But what about convenience stores, community centers, all kinds of different things.
Speaker 3: You got trend de agua robbing people in New York City now growing problems, sending teenagers out on the streets to rob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a handful of New York cities.
Speaker 4: What So, if Trump wins, and right now it looks like he's going to I remember Mark alpern Wright in this a year ago about the immigration thing when it was really at its height and at that point getting no national attention, him saying, if Trump wins, this is going to be why the dominant media's willingness to overlook this topic.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 3: Oh, And it's becoming more and more clear, to my delight that the transgender lunacy is becoming a serious sleeper issue. It's changing political races across the country because for the millionth time, the way normal people perceive these issues is so vastly different than the media's take on them. And if you get too caught up in media, you start to think, Wow, I must be an outlier.
Speaker 1: You're not friends, You're not Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: So I was talking to a babysitter I was interviewing yesterday and we got into this topic. This is not anything we haven't discussed before, we haven't thought about. She has a political science major, so we got into a little bit of a conversation about that, and I just was asking, do you think things will ever go back to where this isn't everybody's life all the time following politics constantly and pendulum or continuum that sort of stuff. Kind of interesting, But I said, you know, you're you're you're young, so you don't know this. But people didn't used to talk about politics all the time. In fact, we almost never talked about it. I said, you know, when I none of my and I hadn't thought about it because she's in college.
Speaker 2: All my friends in college, I don't have the slightest idea what their politics were. Had the slightest idea never came up.
Speaker 4: I couldn't. I couldn't tell you now, people that I hung out with all the time what their politics were. All beer were our politics. And she looked at me like I was crazy. She said, wow, I said, and girlfriends. I'm thinking of all the girlfriends I had in college, I don't have any idea what their politics were or their parents.
Speaker 2: And she said, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: She said, that's the first question you ask somebody when you meet them, now, the first question. Wow, wow, And we both couldn't believe each other's life experience around this. I have no idea what any of my girlfriend's political positions were.
Speaker 2: Because we never discussed it. And who cares? And who cares?
Speaker 3: I like it when you when we spay and spend time together and talk, now one thing you do.
Speaker 2: I love when you do that. But I don't care whether you're republic my grand uh that's perverse.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely perverse, and it speaks to a couple of a.
Speaker 2: Handful of things. They can't be good.
Speaker 3: Well, there are books written about this stuff, but it's the omnipresence of government in our lives, in the decay of our other social institutions that gave our lives meaning and a sense of belongingness.
Speaker 4: Right, And I was thinking, okay, so that's fine if you're a lefty, and the first question is always you know what a who do you vote for? What's your politics? Because you can, you know, be out and proud and whoever. The girl you're talking to, I'm thinking about myself as a guy. The girl you're talking to is almost the same as you, guaranteed. But what if you're not, you either have to lie or not date anybody or have any friends.
Speaker 2: I guess that is correct, Yes, absolutely correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, you know to that end, we don't have much time, but I can squeeze this.
Speaker 2: In recent polling shows.
Speaker 3: Married men are fifty nine to thirty nine Republican fifty nine to thirty nine. Married women are fifty six to forty two Republican. Unmarried men are fifty two forty five Republican unmarried women are sixty eight thirty one Democrat. The Democratic Party is has become the party of unmarried women, and to some extent, either low te males or those who are just so desperate to have a woman that they pretend to be Democrats. I don't know, but that's shocking. So Taylor Swift's endorsement, for instance, how could that be a surprise to anyone that's like her entire constituency. Oh and it's worth also mentioning The New York Post had an interesting piece the other day pointing that over the last eight years, especially the last eight years, women have become much much more left wing than they were. So it's not just that they're left, they're way more left.
Speaker 2: So this is an interview woman on the street.
Speaker 4: It's you could accuse us of not picking here of where you just pick a random weirdo and then act like it represents everybody. But I think this does represent a fair number of people. This is in Oakland. This is a woman who happens to be African American. I think it's a germane to the discussion. Uh, And what's absolutely one way.
Speaker 3: I think it's a funny you should say Germaine the day after Tito passed.
Speaker 2: That is funny Jackson five reference.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: This black woman feels like Target, who was getting a robbed blind in Oakland and probably will end up closing its doors the way Walgreens has and a whole bunch of other businesses almost certainly was explaining why it was justified.
Speaker 9: And here she goes personally, I don't look at a crime. If you're going into Target, a multi billion dollar company and stealing clothes, it's not a crime.
Speaker 2: Your resource not a crime. Hell no, it's your resourceful. You're homeless.
Speaker 10: That's where we disagree.
Speaker 2: I think you been you've been displaced. I mean because you're white and I'm black.
Speaker 9: There's a whole nother socioeconomical piece.
Speaker 2: That I have never had access to.
Speaker 9: So you can go into any single place and put your name on a piece of paper applied for that job. You're not worried about if your name sounds too black. You're not worried about if when you show up you got to do something with your lock because inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Okay, So she is justifying the stealing lots of clothes, for instance, from Target, and she goes on.
Speaker 2: Target enslaved my ancestors a year ago? Are Target? What a target?
Speaker 9: Do we really want to break down every single system that has truly impoverished our community, enslaved us, taking money from our families and then displaced us. As if now we're the burdens of this entire city that was once forty percent of black.
Speaker 10: UHM. But what a target do? And at what point do we not uphold any values when we lead to At what.
Speaker 2: Point do we not uphold Target?
Speaker 9: So then give back all of their funds that they can easily give back.
Speaker 10: But if we steal from Target, then we still from CBS. Then we steal from Walmart, and then the Walmart's still and then we have but we built it, don't know. But then all we have our corner stores in Oakland when we run out all these large businesses, right.
Speaker 9: Our corner stores are mom and pop's own, they're black and brown own.
Speaker 2: We don't steal from our corner stores.
Speaker 10: But we could rock into Walmart's in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're gone.
Speaker 10: Why are they gone? People stealing from Walmart?
Speaker 9: Why did Walmart come into an urban city already and displaced thousands of black people in an area where we needed housing first. Once we have housing, you can sustain yourself from there on.
Speaker 3: In ball Mark, you cannot reason with these people. She's actually a pretty good spokesperson for critical race theory and in some of the allied theories. He's just there's no winning in argument. She hasn't come at you to like reach some sort of understanding or compare notes. Her words are weapons, that's all. She just wants to tear down the system.
Speaker 4: So how many of the people like going into a target and robbing them blind probably will drive them out of Oakland in the same way that Walmart was driven out of Chicago. How many of the people going there and Robin or are they just or is it just as simple as what you can get stuff in there and nobody's going to arrest you. I'm in It might just be that there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of that.
Speaker 3: I'd ask her, Hey, sweetheart, how about the grocery stores that have been driven out of all these neighborhoods, And then everybody moans about a food desert and how that's racist and the rest of it. They can do business because y'all steal too much.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty