Speaker 1: All right, thank you Scott Shannon, Thanks to all of you for being with us. Right down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program, it's eight hundred ninety four one sean if you want to join us SAD News today as we start the program. But there's a lot of anger building up in me over a lot of this, I mean real justifiable anger because number one, school shootings are preventable. They are preventable. I'll go over the solution. I've said it, you know, so many different times. Every time this happens, nobody ever pays attention. We never resolved the issue. And then then of course it takes an hour or less before the left in this country is politicizing a school shooting. And it's the same predictable people every single time. And these are the same people that support the sanction, support of the sanctuary state and city policies and open borders policies that allowed known terrorists, murderers, rapists, other violent criminals, cartel members, gang members, drug dealers into our country to the two to twelve to fourteen million people or twenty million people, we don't know the number, and lecture us all the time about the rights of the so called illegals, and we're getting, you know, really the same people for the last how many weeks have been furious with Donald Trump because Donald Trump took a look at what was going on around our nation's capital. If you look at every country and their capital city, you know, why does America have the number one homicide rate of any other country in the entire world? Bagdad is safer. San Salvador is safer, Mexico City is safer. You can go down the list and by and on top of that, the numbers we have are nowhere near the numbers of what the reality is. Because we find out they've been cooking the books in cities like DC and allegations of fixing the books in cities like New York City. So we don't we don't even know. And it's just the same old predictable uh, you know, people making the same predictable comments. Let me tell you what we do know. And obviously it's an evolving story. Uh. The police chief of Minneapolis, Brian O'Hara, and I, you know, I don't know if I could really we were expecting Tim Wallas to do a press conference at three point thirty. I don't know how much of this I can take from him because of you know, his radical positions and the things that he even said in the last week at the DNC conference. I mean, it's like dumb and dumber and stupid, and it's in this get This is what is frustrating me because people, you know, we didn't we didn't need to have two dead children today. They were eight and ten years old. These parents now will never see their children again. Imagine being that parent and having to live your life the rest of your life. Tell me you think you'll let these parents will ever be the same again? Probably not? Probably not. I've talked to I've interviewed over the years. I have met more parents that have lost children, and almost with that exception, they are never the same people again. You talk to the people they're closest to, the people they know, the people they love, you know, they're never the same people again. Anyway, we have two children dead, We have seventeen others injured. It was during this shooting reported at the Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis. Brian O'Hara, the Minneapolis Police chief, confirming such as these kids were sitting in the fuse. Seventeen people fourteen children included in the number of seventeen. This guy responsible, which we'll get to in a minute, had a long criminal record. Apparently his mother worked at the Schooling to one report that we've read, Tim Walls acknowledging the incident, expressing concern, offering prayers. Christy nom State Department of Homeland Security is actively monitoring the situation. The Minneapolis Mayor is actively monitoring the situation. You know the thing is, and I'm gonna I might as well start here because it matters. You know, I don't care. You can take it all the way back to Columbine, any of the school shootings that we've all covered, And you got to ask yourself, how do you prevent school shootings? And I think I've got the answer. And you don't have to be an MIT graduate a HAVED graduate to come up with simple, basic, common sense solutions that would work. Number One, every school in the country needs a metal detector, period and the sentence, and you have to control the entry of kids going into school. Number Two, I would hire now you can do this without paying people. Stay with me. Retired military, retired law enforcement can be hired and every school can have undercover you know, guys in suits, concealed carry and you control the entry into schools and everybody has to go in an entrance way. You have an exit strategy of God forbid there's a fire or people need to get out. There's ways that you can protect the school, protect the perimeter, protect every person that has access to the school, and you have people on site and you don't have to wait for even the best police response to deal with the school shooter. That's number one, it's preventable. How do you pay these guys, Well, you don't have to actually pay them. I would argue that if retired police, retired military, the trained train people, the best of the best, I would imagine probably in every small town in big city across our great country, that if they were given the opportunity to maybe volunteer ten, twelve, fifteen hours a week, and you get a number of people in every school district, every school in every town, and you offer them these benefits, no local taxes they'd ever have to pay on either retirement money or money that they're income that they're bringing in. No taxes at all, local taxes, no state taxes, no federal income tax, if they volunteer X number of hours every year, if they serve X number of years, maybe it's five years, maybe it's ten years, then they don't have an estate tax either, and they get to do whatever they want with the money. That would be a way creative out of the box. And maybe you offer them a benefit program that would cost something, but you could protect every school and prevent any more children from dying in our school systems, and then we wouldn't have to listen to the all too predictable, you know, blame of guns and the gun argument which happened within seconds. And I'll get to that in a sas. Okay, The New York Post is pointing out the gunman that slaughtered these kids and injured seventeen others who were attending this morning mass apparently as a disturbing video believed to have him posted by the shooter. The New York Post reports goes, it may show this has not been confirmed by anyone else. They're saying, maybe kill Donald Trump and quote for the children. But anyway, the person, the individual has been identified as Robin Westman, early twenties, opened fire through the stained glass windows of this Catholic church. Police are investigating whether a series of pretty sick YouTube videos shared on an account hours before the shooting were connected to this guy. We'll find out probably more in the course of the day and have it for you by tonight. Now, the Catholic School Kare Channel eleven NBC News in Minneapolis. They are identifying this person Robin as formerly Robert Westman. Court documents they are reporting show that when she seventeen was seventeen, Westman applied in Dakota County to change her birth name from Robert to Robin. The New York Post initially had said the individual went by Robert or Robin. They've taken it a step further, and they're saying the court document show that when she was seventeen, applied to Dakota County changed her birth name from Robert to Robin, which may raise questions. And I will tell you this, we are an over prescribed society. I don't know if it's applicable in this case. I want to be very clear, but if young people are on all sorts of you know, medications today for our attention deficit adhd antidepression medicines and so on and so forth, often after school shootings we find out that these kids are on these medications, is there a link. I'm not a medical doctor, I'm not a scientist. Do I think there should be an investigation? I do Was this individual transitioning? Did hormones play a partners I don't know. Back to the New York Post Minneapolis Catholic School gunman idea as Robin Westman, while possible manifesto shows an obsession with mass shooters, that's what they're reporting. We know a witness described the gunfire as quote going on for eternity. This guy, Bill Bernman, who lives in the area surrounding Annunciation Catholic School, heard from a witness presumably in the church, that it sounded like the gunfire went on quote for eternity. He told Fox News that he could hear sporadic gunfire, said he was shocked and thought there was no way that could be gunfire. Again, we've identified the individual, Sean Duffy, expressing conduct ownsays that just across the wire, the ATF now is completing tracing of firearms found at the Minneapolis church. He did kill himself in the process of this, and this individual is dead. School safety experts breaking down lessons from the latest shooting. You know, we have you know, retired FBI officials, you know, giving their assessment. You know that rapid response is great, but it doesn't matter if you have the best police rapid response team in the world, in the best response time. By the time they get there, whatever was going to happen already happen and maybe continuing to happen until they can actually find the individual inside of the school. I mean, so even the best police response teams, that's why you need people on the ground in every school around the country, undercover trained, former military, former law enforcement. And this problem will for the most part, I can't think of a scenario where it won't work. Will go away. And now to the predictable, you know, liberal left wing you know, blame game, politicizing this type of thing. It makes me sick to my stomach because I'm so tired of it, you know. And I had this debate with former New York City mayor of Comrade de Blasio last night. The city's with the most toomicide per one hundred thousand and the political party they're all Democrats, the very same people I am about to mention to you. And an ap pole found that eighty one percent of American see crime in major cities is a major problem. We'll get into more detail of that in a minute. You know, there is nutty newsome, this guy with the highest income taxes, the highest sales taxes, highest gas taxes, no water in fire hydrants. When you have predictable wildfires in California, predictable Santa Ana wins in California, reservoir that the fire department could use was empty and only one hundred plus permits have been granted. Over thirteen thousand homes were destroyed, and he couldn't get out there fast enough. Politicizing this event, you know, less than two hours. We can't even make it through the first week of school without mass shootings. And the GOP will continue to do absolutely nothing while our kids are being gunned down. Sorry, Gavin, your sanctuary state, your sanctuary cities within your state. You sat there and said nothing. Your party lied to us repeatedly that the border is closed and the border is secure, etc. Etc. Etc. You said it again and again and again everybody and your party said it. You didn't stand up and say, wait a minute, that's not true. And the truck driver that killed three people came through your sanctuary state of California, and you're going to politicize this. Really, I wonder if Gavin Newsom has armguards around him the way Comrade Deblasio did when I interviewed him and had a debate with him over whether or not every New Yorker should have the same protection that he has in terms of personal safety and security. But the same people that said nothing and were complicit as far as I'm concerned, the same people aiding and abetting illegal immigrants. You know, Californians are paying tens of billions and dollars for illegal immigrants and their health care and their education and the criminal justice system. It's insane, you know. And and within hours you're politicizing this. Circle back, Jen Saki, He's out there saying when kids are getting shot in the pews at a Catholic school mass, and your crime plan is to have National Guard put molts down around DC. Maybe Jen Saki for once could stop lying and educate herself and tell her audience as small well as it might be, the truth for once, which is Donald Trump's crackdown and use of the National Guard has lowered every major crime category in our nation's Capital. It has been an incredible success. The very same people that support defund dismantled no bail laws reimagine the police lunatics. Let's replace police with social workers. Are going to lecture us when an incident like this happened. When they've been bitching and moaning and groaning and complaining for how many days now about Donald Trump deploying the National Guard. You've got to be kidding me. It's all preventable. Everybody should everybody should want them for all. Let's put an end to this. No more school shootings. I don't want to report them. Eight hundred ninety four one Shawn is our number. Everybody needs a Jay's case, God forbid, is an emergency in your life. You need medications. Whenever I travel, I take my I'm looking at our phones blowing up here. I probably will get to some calls. I don't know how much patients are gonna have For Tim Wall's press conference, I don't think much at all. You know, it's one of those things that we kind of have the information, we know what's there, but here we go again. It's all too predictable school shootings. You know, we get into the background of these kids. You see, all the warning signs were there, nobody paid attention to them. But that's neither here nor there. There are proactive measures that could be taken that will save lives. And then the predictable politicizing of a school shooting by people that have nothing but an agenda, the same people that are for open borders and lie to us about open borders for four years, the same people that support sanctuary cities and states, the same people that have been screaming bloody murder that Donald Trump was cracking down on crime in DC. So predictable, we expect that the governor, I tell you, I just don't think I can really handle, you know, those people that are out there so quickly rushing to judgment, to politicize a tragedy, And that's what it is. But you know, at some point we've got to ask ourselves, what is the answer, What is the solution? You know, we like to provide solutions to problems. Now, Donald Trump, looking at our nation's capital. We are in terms of capital cities of every country on Earth, Washington, DC is by far the number one homicide capital of any other compared to any other country on the face of the Earth. Now, we have recorded forty one homicides per one hundred thousand annually, but we know it's a lot more than that because they average three point six homicides a week, at least they did in the last year. Last year we have statistics for three point six. Donald Trump, because of law enforcement and the presence of law enforcement, was able to prevent a homicide for nearly two weeks. And every other category of crime is down precipitously because of Donald Trump deploying the National Guard and putting out there a strong police presence. We have heard nothing from the left as they cling to the idiocy of open borders and defund dismantle no bail laws. You know, people like mom Donnie, you know, wants to put social workers in the jobs that police officers used to handle. I mean, how does that work? Sir? I know you're threatening to kill everybody on the subway. Is there something in your childhood that perhaps may have triggered you to have these feelings and these emotions today? I am here to talk to you about it. That person's probably going to get killed first. It's just so idiotic and dumb and stupid. You know, AP poll come comes out and then again, that's what's frustrating because then the first predictable thing that people are going to do, they're either going to blame Trump, they're going to blame the gun. And you know the answer to protecting you what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What is your solution if something happens in a moment like this. I have nothing but deep respect for law enforcement. But even the best response time, the best response time, let's say they get there in three minutes. How many people you can kill in three minutes? You know, untold numbers of people, how many innocent people will get injured in three minutes? And that would be the best case scenario in terms of a response time. And and we've got to just be realistic here. You gotta be real now. Americans are looking at big cities and crime. You know this, This idiot mayor in Chicago, we have been scrolling the names of people shot and shot and killed every weekend. I mean, for a while, we'd scroll the names of the people, names you've never heard before. Why because we don't make a big deal about it. Democrats only make a big deal about an issue if they can weaponize it and politicize it, that's it. Otherwise they try to just bury it five times in a row, Liberal Joe of all people asking this idiot mayor in Chicago, you know it would five thousand extra police officers keep people safer in the city of Chicago. You don't have to go to Havid an Ivy League school. You don't have to go to MIT and be a math genius to figure out five thousand more cops is going to save lives. You don't have to be that smart to figure that out. You don't have to be that smart to understand you cannot allow millions and millions and millions of unvetted illegals into our country, knowing this country has top geo police foes. We had, you know, people coming from over two hundred countries. We don't know the exact number, estimates anywhere from twelve to twenty million unvetted Harris Biden Mayorcis illegals they allowed in the country. We do know this. We do among We know among them were known terrorists, We know among them murderers. Just to ask Blake and Riley's family, Rachel Morin's family, Joscelyn Nungary's family. We know that women have been raped, We know that there have been plenty of other Americans victims of violent crime, many of it caught on tape. And for four years running, Democrats said, the borders closed, the borders, secure, borders clothed, They just lied to us. They don't care. You know, the party that's defending the so called rights of illegals like Abrego. Garcia's a wife is accusing him of being a wife beater. Been in the country ten years, you know, confirmed MS thirteen gang member according to the DHS, also law enforcements saying they got them with drugs and money and all sorts of things. And you know, he's the cause celeb for liberal Democrats, the poster child of you know, Donald Trump's immigration policies, which are simply to build a wall for any illegal immigration VET people that come into this country. Make sure they don't have radical associations, I health check, make sure that these people that come into this country are not going to be a financial burden on the American taxpayers. Look at California, look at medical look at the services that go to ilegal immigrants in that sanctuary state. You know, tens and tens of billions of dollars over the years. And guess what they're running tens and tens of billions of dollars in budget deficits, even though that they have the highest income tax of any state, the highest sales tax of any state, the highest gas tax of any state. No wonder why they're leading the nation with people leaving the state has nothing to do with the geography. It has everything to do with the quality of life. You go to a target, you want to buy something, Yeah, good luck finding a clerk to open up the locked you know razor that you're trying to buy something innocuous and inexpensive. If it's not locked down and bolted down, you're just going to walk out with it. But as long as it's not over one thousand dollars, nobody's going to stop them. Gavin Newsom was surprised to see that he's too busy trolling Trump and being the alter ego of Donald Trump to solve problems and give, you know, building permits to people. In the Pacific Palisades, you have thirteen thousand homes burned to the ground, which, by the way, maybe wouldn't have been burned to the ground if they had fire hydrants that had water in them and a reservoir that was full and not empty. You know, you would think with the highest taxes, Oh, it's got to be a great state with great services. No, they have like the worst schools in the country. They have out of control crime, homelessness, you know, outdoor drug dens everywhere. And you know, the Democrats find themselves on the wrong side of immigration, the wrong side of law and order in safety and security. What have I been saying all week as we've been debating this issue of DC and crime, that you if you don't have law and order in safety and security, if you don't have it, you cannot pursue happiness. It is a prerequisite to pursuing happiness. Unbelievable AP poll oh a whopping eighty one percent of American see crime is a major problem in large cities, a concern that Donald Trump has responded to by deploying the National Guard. People want law and order. This is idiot. New York Governor Kathy Holkel telling Trump there's no need for more National Guard troops in New York City. Three thugs slash, beat and rob a man on tony Astor Place is according to ten ten wins in New York City. Our policies are working. She said, nybd's doing their job, and you have this other idiot running for mayor that wants to replace police with social workers. Then you have these other people politicizing those right out of the gate, they politicize it. You know, within an hour put people are politicizing it. Humblelick Avin Newsom that idiot Jensaki. Circle back, Jensaki, what about all the times her beloved president, the cognitive mess Joe Biden happened then? And by the way, will any of them support the death penalty? President Trump directing federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty in DC murder cases. Amy Clovich are blaming Republicans for the shooting in Minneapolis. All the work we've done to ban these automatic rifles and do something when it comes to crime and background checks, Well, I think I've got a pretty good solution. And by the way, the same people that support defund dismantled no bail laws, reimagine the police borders. Now we're going to get lectures from all of them about school shootings. By the way, it was the second mass shooting at a Minneapolis Catholic school this week. You didn't hear about the first one. The one person dead, six others injured after a gunman opened fire and a group of people in a Minneapolis sidewalk. You know, I wonder if they're defunding and dismantling there. Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson the dope that he is blasting Trump's crime crackdown, but he, you know, making excuses for the shooters when one hundred and nine Chicago residents shot over the Fourth of July lie weekend in twenty twenty four. The result of generations of disinvestment and deep disenfranchisement. How did these dumb people get elected? How is it possible they are dumb? Charlie and Rhode Island? What's up, Charlie?
Speaker 3: The backstop what you said, and that was off the top of your head. It was a simple fix.
Speaker 1: Because it's not complicated. I want to save lives. If somebody has a better idea, I will, I will. I will say your idea is better than mine. Let's go with your idea.
Speaker 3: We need to declare children a precious commodity and treat them as such, and do everything that you said.
Speaker 1: It's simple. Retired law enforcement, retired military, every school metal detectors to cure the perimeter make sure criminals can't sneak in and and and get into a school. Guess what, there won't be any more school shootings and you can probably you know, just they don't have to pay local, state, or federal taxes. And if they do it long enough, with enough hours, they don't get any estate tax. Boom done. Won't cost us a penny for crying out loud.
Speaker 3: Done anyway alone, which shikes it.
Speaker 1: Agreed anyway, appreciate the call, Charlie. If you get a chance, go to the Black Pearl in Newport, going to love their clam Chatta Heather in Tennessee, Hey, Heather, how are you? Hey?
Speaker 4: Sean. I teach at a Christian school very close to Covenant. In fact, some of our students are Covenant kids that progress onto our higher grades. And we're very lucky and blessed at our school that we have a pretty good security plan and wonderful security team and we had the funding for that, but there are a lot of schools that don't. And so, first of all, I think that the idea of having retired veterans and police officers, that there are so many folks that I know that are retired veterans that would love to even volunteer, so if we had some sort of a vetting process that was established so that we knew we had the right people in there that were volunteering to offer protection. But also I would love to see teachers be able to have burn a guns. I know you advertise them.
Speaker 1: And exactly it's legal in all fifty state. That's such a good idea. I love when people call good ideas. Heather, I'm not I'm not being short with you. Let's go to this idiot, Governor Tim Walls.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I asked the rest of folks around the country who are watching, keep us in your thoughts and prayers, but also keep us in the thoughts for action, keep us in the ideas that we can work together. And it's on these days like this, I think, and I hope we can hold on to it. We are unified as a community. Everybody across the country today is part of the Annunciation Parish and they're with those families with that. Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Bry.
Speaker 1: Thank you, governor. Throughout the morning, we have seen this extraordinary Minneapolis family step up in thousands of different Now, all right, I actually have to, you know, do a maya callfull. He wasn't awful as always, not like Newsom and sake in Klovich are Robert Arkansas, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: I was just wondering. I mean, every large city has hundreds of schools. We have hundreds, also have hundreds of police stations, substations, small stations. We already own the buildings that the schools are in, and we pay rent. Right now are buying buildings for the substations. Why would you not give a couple of classrooms to the police to put a substation in the schools. That way, there would be a couple of police cars in the parking lot, that'd be police presents in the school, and the kids would get to know the officers in person rather than hey, you're under arrest.
Speaker 1: See this is what I love about my audience. And thank you Robert for the call. You're a genius, you really are, because that's a genius idea. I would do that in a heartbeat. There are solutions, there are without you know, racing to the shallow politicized you know, blame Trump, blame the gun. You know, it's so frustrating to me. We can keep these kids safe if we're determined to keep them safe. We can make DC safer. Trump proved it. And these are the very people that are politicizing this, that have been, you know, screaming about it for the last two weeks.