Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this Monday, October twenty third weekend trending week trending episode of.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm Jack. That is Miles, this weekend episode. This is Monday morning weekend Digest catch up exactly. Unless on the East Coast is a baby tomato ketchup the punchline.
Speaker 3: Uh Fox, Fox Yep.
Speaker 1: I am Jack. We already did that. How are you, Miles?
Speaker 3: I'm great. I'm great.
Speaker 1: Week Sorry keep me.
Speaker 3: I'm That's how I am. That's what I am.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a good weekend.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 4: You know, two highlights are part of my over and under, the New Spider Man game and my twentieth high school reunion, so.
Speaker 3: You know I'm doing.
Speaker 4: It's just funny to even say New Spider Man game and twentyth school because I'm like, hey, bro, never It's like I looked at myself in the yearbook and be like, yo, bro, never change, never changed, That's right. Just gained someone, Gain some empathy, you know what I mean. Gain some empathy. Do some work on yourself and some of your patterns emotionally, and some you know, some you know, some knowledge, some history and then.
Speaker 1: Stay cool the way that we define cool right now, did you see anybody who was like that? I feel like that's more in movies, like the person whose like values have not shifted, who's like still about that or high school life and just can't let that chick get nah.
Speaker 4: It's like it's funny because like a lot of the people that were like the jock type cooler people are just like pretty normal adults and shiit.
Speaker 3: Or like working government or something like that.
Speaker 4: And then like it's funny like the people who are the most like who hasn't changed.
Speaker 3: My one friend from high school who is now like a on.
Speaker 4: College a logical like a dermatologist first like skin cancers, like a specialist dermatologist. He is very much like the exact same person like from like he was always very like energetic, exact same.
Speaker 3: It was kind of wild.
Speaker 1: He felt like dermatological oncologist. Yeah, theological German.
Speaker 4: Something he said to something specialists and I was like, I was like, I that means I was like, that means skin cancer, right He's like yes, yes, yes, And so.
Speaker 1: Now you're just in his texts constantly.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I was like, what do you think, bro? Like I got some things, you know, I should get looked at, and he goes, You're like the bathroom real quick. He's like, you're a Fitzpatrick three to four. He's like, you're not as at risk as someone who would maybe say is a Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 3: Fitzpatrick one is like, is that your skin fairness?
Speaker 1: Fitzpatrick is Irish and Irish people.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 4: I was like, y'all just coming for all the fucking bricks. You know, people from the aisles over there, like how pale they are, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, no, I'm this person created this scale. Yeah, well he was might.
Speaker 1: Be motivated by the fact that all of his family was dying of skin cancer, because that's like us Irish folk, we we got a bad Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh man, you got that Fitzpatrick one skin tone.
Speaker 1: I heard Matt leeb On I think it was on an episode Behind the Bastards last week, Uh, doing an impression of Irish people, and he just kept saying, I want to fight me dah, I want to fight my dad. It's been living in my fucking head, non stuff.
Speaker 3: Break the cycle, Break the cycle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever watched those YouTube videos of like the Irish people who like are still in like kind of clan warfare.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like the whole bare knuckle boxing yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah. It's like because that ship is straight up WWE, Like they got the whole crew behind them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like allowed it to bust into w w E territory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, but like is there there's like a whole documentary.
Speaker 4: Actually I remember watching like like maybe ten years ago because I was so just I couldn't believe how like these like one guy looked like a human walrus, you know, like his whole vibe and it was like comet fight the I was like, yo, yo, this is fucking lit. I just loved how they were like people sitting on a truck behind him, like like like standing on top of a van.
Speaker 3: While he was talking all this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway, and we will fight our dah yeah mark my words? All right, should we tell the people? So this is an episode where we catch up with what was happening over the weekend and also what was happening with us and do a little overrated underrated. Yeah I could kick us off with a overrated okay if you're cool with that, Yeah, I like that. I just I just rewatched Zodiac that is not my overrated, that is my underrated. For me, I was underrating Zodiac. It was just a little like it's one of those movies that doesn't follow that natural three act structure, at least not the way that your brain is expecting it to. And so I think it was just like a little amorphous the first time I watched it, so rewatching it knowing what happens. Really loved it. Police science, though, man, holy shit, So this is like the story of the Zodiac Killer and like the investigation of the Zodiac Killer, and it's just it's an infuriating story of police incompetence where like you kind of know the whole time who the Zodiac killer is and all the evidence is there, and the only thing stopping people from following it is like this bullshit like a handwriting expert, which has been debunked and probably at that time had been debunked. I just like went on Google scholar to look like handwriting science used with police work, and like the top three the top three references were like nineteen twenty two, nineteen forty five, Like it's just this alcocated old school piece of shit science, and yeah, they're just like naw, I can't be him. His tees are crossed in a different way. And so much of police methodology is just like gut and pseudo science, and I don't know, it's just so fucking frustrating. Yeah. So, like the handwriting thing is that he cut. They come through and they're like, all right, but this person, like the one, here's what we know about this suspect. They told somebody like a year before the Zodiac killings that they were going to do the Zodiac killings. That described all the stuff they were going to do in detail, referenced like the Zodiac. I think they even said the Zodiac thing of the time had the watch that the name the Zodiac, Like the only time the name Zodiac and the symbol the Zodiac killer used had appeared next to one another was in this watch advertisement. And the person when they went to question him is wearing that watch. It's just like it's this like open and shutcase. And but they like keep getting tripped up on this fucking bullshit. Like they they find guns in his uh in his trailer that like don't match the ballistics on the killings, and they're like it wasn't him, can't be him? It's like what, Yeah, it's it's a crazy And then they finally like find the witness who the one person who witnessed it and track him down and he's like, yeah, no, it was definitely. It's definitely the guy, and it obviously is.
Speaker 4: Crosses his teas though, dude, I'm the fucking witness, Dude, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: But he's like ambidextrous. And they're like, yeah, we hear his ambidextrous until he like wrote with like wrote the letters with one hand and did the other. They're obviously like very carefully written first of all, so you can like beat the wide detector tests of handwriting analysis and also the ambidextrous thing. The guy who they're going to is just like, yeah, now I've never seen anyone who's ambidextrous like this. That's that exist can't be anyways, fuck police science. It shows you gave us a very good movie.
Speaker 4: Right and also just shows you like, yeah, it's it's gut pseudoscience and mostly ego, right cause it's just it's just the sheer fact that's like, no, man, I'm convinced it's this person. Stop trying to fuck with me because I think it's this other thing, or like when you see it all the time when like like other prosecutors or detectives are just like fuck it, dude, or not taking an l this is the guy.
Speaker 3: Let's get them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and fucking ignore every other piece of evidence just in soers of this.
Speaker 3: One thing that you need to be true, which is I'm right about.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's it's wild. It is a good It's a good movie if you've, like if you were raised on police movies like I was, where the you know, cop is able to use his gut and like all those pseudo scientific shit to like solve the thing. It's a good movie to watch and like really digest that, like this is how police work actually works, which is you're just you know who it is, but they're like too dumb to actually say that that is who it is? What something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Oh man?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 3: So you know, what are you up to? Twentieth anniversary?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Have I I do? I work in podcasting. It's really nothing. Oh that's all you do?
Speaker 1: A podcast? Okay?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And I was catching up with people, like I said, my terribly planned high school reunion, but We ended up meeting at a ball right after the official one, and that's where you catch up with people again. It was really nice catching up with some old friends and confirming that how many dudes actually do think about ancient Rome.
Speaker 1: I was fucking I could not be. That's where they are. They're at twenty year high school reunion.
Speaker 4: And I indulged a person and I was like, oh yeah, I mean, like, where do you Where do you think America is? It's like, actually, I would posit that America is less like Rome and more like Carthage because of the militarism. I was like, okay, you know what, just I have to go drink a beer now. But thank you for I didn't. I thought it was going to be a joke, but it was like a very what a very actually end up conversation. So I do appreciate it that the amount of detail wasn't just some guy who watched a bunch of tiktoks and like, yeah, was suddenly like Cicero and knew everything.
Speaker 1: The fall of Empire is real. We are in the midst of it. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, but yeah, yeah, I don't know enough about Rome to like make a bunch of comparison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right to that point.
Speaker 1: But anyway, they're held down by some men out there holding up their end of the bargain of man man.
Speaker 4: Thank you for not making us look totally it's just stupid out there. But anyway, it was I was catching up with them, but I just say, overrated, right, podcasting? Why is it overrated? I mean, podcasting is overrated.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Uh, Like that seemed to be the take of a couple of people right when I talked about podcasting first, I just talked like that.
Speaker 1: I said that, what do you do you say? And they say your job? Fuck your job.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh my god. They're like, isn't it like there's just so many podcasts, Like everyone has a pot I'm like, yeah, no, it's true, everyone does have, including this person you're talking to right now at your feeling score. But it was just like very poetic when some people were like, oh, you know, I tried to get into it, but I still not like they like, weren't they haven't they didn't know the gospel of podcasting. I had somebody from ZiT Gang No pull up mid conversation on some I'm so sorry to interrupt your guys conversation? Are you Miles Gray Dailey Zeitgeist?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, why, yes, I am, thank you so much? And what am I saying?
Speaker 1: You had them do that? You paid them to do that.
Speaker 4: I a shout out Amanda, who I told I downloaded her with all the details about the podcast and let's talk about how we were talking about Gaza this week. Yeah, say something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was important.
Speaker 4: She really came up. She really this movement was really kind and it was just one of those moments where like, so it's like the kind of thing you would in a scripted movie be like, they fucking paid that person to say that at their high school reunit and I did it. So thank you for that little bit of serendipity synchronicity that occurred, because it's not overrated.
Speaker 3: Do you see? This is the power of podcasting.
Speaker 4: You create community with people, and yeah, you can also flex on people at your twenty university were.
Speaker 1: People a little off put by the fact that you broke down weeping after the person came up after a man first thing.
Speaker 4: One of my friends who like friends from high school, who I'm not really like, we haven't you know kept in touch since the first thing they said was how much you pay her to say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like.
Speaker 1: For up to a manage shout out to any ZEI gang who come up, especially when you know we're with other people that please please don't feel like we don't want you to.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I I wel interrupt me feeding my child, Yes to fucking ask for a picture whatever, because it is so different, just especially in the pandemic, like and we haven't done a live show in a long time.
Speaker 3: That will change soon, but.
Speaker 4: Like to realize we all exist in physical space.
Speaker 1: And yeah, no, I have no idea that people listen to this show in any like real sense, Like I'm still living off of the time like three years ago where wife and I were out to eat and the waiter at the end of dinner was like by the way like huge fans like gang, and I was like, and it was very embarrassing. We did get asked to leave after that because you were you were so celebrated through my plate on the shield.
Speaker 4: She actually ran into you at a UCB show years ago and she heard your laugh and tapped on your shoulder and.
Speaker 1: Told me to shut the fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Jack, I know that you your fucking weirdo. Ass laugh your laugh is too loud. All right, that's amazing. Shout out to that gang.
Speaker 1: You guys are the best, truly the best fan base. Did we ever mention that there's an article in what what was that article where they talked about how that gang is one of the fan bases. Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was That was in Life Hacker, Life Hacker. Yeah, shout out Lauren pasself writing that one up. Yeah, we're out here with the Shadow like other big podcast, but obviou Lee's gang.
Speaker 1: This we always hear the future. Yeah from our guests too. You guys are always uh almost always kind of the guests and we appreciate y'all. Underrated. I'm going with the Aurora borealis. Oh yeah, big one night. Okay, northern lights, but why call it the northern lights where when you can call it the Aurora borealis. Great name I believe coined by Galileo. But yeah, uh did you see them?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I might have been this man the aurora like whoa got hit by the winds of Jupiter up there?
Speaker 1: No, I actually I just saw a picture like somebody's iPhone picture that they took. A friend of my wife who's from Alaska was just like, yeah, by the way, this is what the night sky looks like in Alaska like a lot of the time. And I don't know, I always assumed that like you had to like hike out in the middle of nowhere and uh, you know, use trick photography. But no, like the night sky just like turns into a like work of trippy psychedelic art, like on a regular basis, right like the and the explanation for what, you know, why it happens is like even crazier than like what it looks like. It's like right like the particles are deflected towards the poles of every like particles are coming from the sun that are like going twenty thousand miles per hour and then like crashing into other particles and like those particles have like light signatures and so like oxygen is green, and I don't know, it's just like one of those things that, yeah.
Speaker 4: When you think about it, you're like, fuck, it was better when I just like it's a light show that happens.
Speaker 1: It's I don't know, I like as an adult, I was like, man, when you really think about it, like that big red storm on Jupiter is pretty cool, which it is, but like we like our planet just turns into a fucking light show like for a lot of the year, just like it's like glowing in all sorts of like wild fluorescent colors like for a huge chunk of the year. And and I was totally underrating that. I'm just getting like, yeah, okay, northern lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it right, right, Yeah, that's that's definitely something I want to see with my bear eyes for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your bare eyes.
Speaker 3: I'm still in bear mode. From last week, people were.
Speaker 1: Mad that we didn't mention Paddington and our bare episode.
Speaker 4: No, but you know what, we're trying to be serious.
Speaker 1: And asking the only the most serious of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then it gets the veers into joke counch time. I'm made up bears.
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah, come on. But that wasn't oversight. We're sorry of that. And we forgot about me and Girls Day October third.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are those are our two only mistake regrets the past twelve months. I also I think I was underrating how much I rely on typical like Hollywood hype machine shit to get excited about a movie, because I did not notice that, Uh, Killers of the Flower Moon, the new Scorsese movie came out last Friday, Like that was one I was looking forward to and then it just like kind of was in theaters without realizing it. And I think it was like I didn't see the standard like cluster of ambient noise that comes with a movie coming out, and like the stars of that movie being on late night shows because because the actors are still on strike right right right, Like I was always like who gives you a shit about the actors like being on you know, not who gives a shit about them being on strike, but who gives a shit about like them not being able to do interviews or whatever. But I do think I missed. I missed this premiere. I missed the drop date because it wasn't happening. So I'm gonna see that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I felt the same where like suddenly I was just seeing like there was a clip going around of the Osage language consultant who like had a take on the movie after seeing it, and I was like, wait, this is on the red Oh it's oh it's out yeah shit, okay, because it is out also too, I think I've just turned my brain like I was in the movie. I was in the movie theater last Sunday, and I saw a trailer for it. But it's kind of I think I just turned my mind off when the dates come out because I'm like, I don't know, it's must be coming out in like a couple of a month or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the trader thing now sure, and that's never going to happen. Yeah. Yeah, our brain is that is the human brain. What's your underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated is pretending you are Spider Man.
Speaker 4: And like I said, there's a new Spider Man game out, and I've said this before. I think on the show about how I just love to be web slinging, Like I like, you can go around. You could beat the out of like bad guys who are trying to write robble ladies, or like save a guy who's like hurt himself unintentionally with illegal fireworks.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things.
Speaker 1: That's really one of the things I can.
Speaker 3: Help, like fuck himself up with fireworks. And you got to take up to the hospital. Wow, And I was like, bro, what the okay?
Speaker 4: And it had like a backstory about like a like a family member anyway, But like I've been spending so much time just flying through the fucking streets of New York.
Speaker 3: Like I'm like, I'll do this thing.
Speaker 4: I'll go from Queens down to fucking Williamsburg, downtown Brooklyn, take the bridge over, go through fucking Midtown and the Upper West Side because they have like a pretty it's a gigantic map. So I'm spending all my time just like in this weightlessness of being Spider Man. And I think this game is like really good because there are a lot of games that are based on comic book characters that don't usually typically fully capture like in your fan what you think it would be like to be this character. Like there's like a Batman game and you're just like strong as fucking you beat the shit out of people, and like you could hide in the dark, but it just doesn't quite feel like I'm like, I don't know. Batman is also like a billionaire and like where's my where's my mayback, where's my rolls?
Speaker 1: Royce?
Speaker 3: I should be driving in Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like GTA, but you're a billionaire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Whereas this is like I just love that it's a fully open world. I can just go to the top tops of buildings, do a bunch of backflips off of them and never have to worry about landing hard. And so I find myself like in a very childlike state, just in awe of the fact that I'm like, what if I could go around on my own webs and for that, you know, Insomniac Games, they've done it again.
Speaker 1: They've done it again. Mm hmm. Yeah, you want us to get on board with public transport, Let's get us web slinging around. Yeah, the best way to travel. Yeah, up there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And now he has this new capability where like he can turn this shit into like a wingsuit, so if you get high enough, you can just start gliding around and you're kind of flying a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's all very I'm still getting my hands on this thing. So I'll come back and you'll.
Speaker 1: See based on how high you are as a player of the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's the thing, a breathalyzer you blow into measures with DH.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's ready, he's ready for this one. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back to talk about some news. And we're back. We are back, and uh so Israel is now kind of fighting with Greta Thunberg On social media. On Friday, Greta Thunberg posted a photo of her and some of her friends showing support for Palestine and calling for a ceasefire.
Speaker 3: Buttire.
Speaker 1: That that was kind of the so uh. Some pro Israel accounts quickly claimed that her photo was an anti Semitic dog whistle because of a toy on her couch, which they so, it's a blue octopus plushy yeah, and they said it is obviously a reference to the Kraken from Nazi propaganda cartoons from World War Two, which it was a well known sign of the Nazis for the anti Semitic term international finance judaism. Also, by this logic, an entire Seattle NHL team is also anti Semitic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Trump's whole legal throll.
Speaker 4: Actually that probably holds up to that one. Yeah, okay, yeah, that might have been aptly named.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. So she pointed out, and a lot of people point it out that these are reversible. These reversible octopost toys are kind of everywhere right now, and they are you can like reverse them insider out, and they are alternately happy and sad whether you reverse them inside and out. They are a tool often used by autistic people as a way to communicate feelings, and she is autistic, right, and like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, okay, nice try.
Speaker 1: Nice, right. I don't know, it's it's just that there's there's been this like social media. And then so she deleted the post because she didn't want there to be any mistake about what she was she was trying to communicate. But there's just that this seems to be a big thing that is going on right now where by expressing, you know, concern for the people in Gaza, innocent people in Gaza, you can be branded as an anti semi.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, or.
Speaker 4: If you or if you say, like I've seen things where it's like people call for a ceasefire and they're like, oh, but you don't care about the hostages.
Speaker 1: It's like right, that's like implied, like yes, rely hostages and ceasefire. Yeah yeah, yeah. It even seem like in those.
Speaker 4: Like incompatible mutually, right, it's like, well we can only do one, so which one is it? But yeah, then like you saw like the at Israel Twitter account has been chiming in on all kinds of things where like they came at Greta where they said that the trying to appeal to Greta Thumberg by being like, you know, haw Mas doesn't use sustainable materials for their rockets, and you're like, huh that's okay, sure, I don't. Does anyone are there any sustainably made munitions anywhere? Is like are like are you gonna then be like and what could our carbon neutral fucking.
Speaker 3: Bomb that we use?
Speaker 4: And then the other one of like you know hamas, the like you know, the hump like you could have died in the mos massacre. The appeals to like people's like interests to try and get them to like relent on their desire for peace is very very odd and like, yeah, I think the like the Geneva Convention tweeted something but like there's even rules to war, and then like the idea for the Israeli like at Israel account like quote tweeted it and was like uh, like Israelis have a right to live also, and you're like that's literally the people who are talking about the Geneva Convention about like okay, yeah, so that's that's where things are.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the uh is Israel's Education ministry is wiping any reference to Thunberg from the curriculum since she has quote no longer eligible to be an inspiration to kids, and this article in which they it's being announced says that she posted she published a post over the weekend supporting the Hamas terrorist organization. It's like, is that, Wow? Is that what she's now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, and yeah, so it's a it's a weird, very difficult time to be uh stating that you don't want innocent people to die on any side right now, right.
Speaker 4: And the like and not have a nation state's Twitter account be like, oh not you doing this right?
Speaker 3: And you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and yeah, like and also no one said that ship. But this is but this is all part of, you know, the fucking the process of manufacturing consent for what's happening there. You have to like you have to like drone out any voices that are calling for an end to hostilities and like some kind of process to rectify the situation, just to further this whole policy that we're seeing now, which is total scorched earth and displacing people and putting as many children in harms away, which you know are of like the future of Palestine, so it's a yeah, it's not ending, and I mean, we're gonna talk about this on tomorrow's episode two. But I think I was also just seeing just watching like the pace of MSNBC this weekend. It'll be like, Okay, here's a person from the un like human rights advocacy group who was like on the ground telling what's what's going on. They're like, oh my gosh, it's so bad. Okay, thank you. The next guest will be like like a military advisor who's just like calling for.
Speaker 3: Like the death like just to destroy Gozit.
Speaker 4: Like it'll be like here's one person who's saying it's bad, here's another who says it's okay. I'll push back lightly, and then we'll have then we'll have a congress person who'll give you the American version that says like, yeah, well, I mean it's hard to differentiate between civilian and the terrorists. So you know, like it's just that's just kind of like the tough part about this whole thing, right, and not offering like any off ramp to just this terrible, terrible loss of life. So yeah, uh, I wonder. I mean I was always curious, like when the coverage of this becomes like something the mainstream news doesn't want to talk about anymore. Like whether it's because it's like it's just not getting enough clicks or all right, we've we've manufactured the requisite amount of consent to you know, continue this operation.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, it's it's to not really pay attention to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan for a long period of time, even though they were being waged by, like explicitly by the US. So yeah, I feel like we're probably not that far from them just drilling it out of people's you know, destroying people's will to be involved and pay attention. But yeah, and we shouldn't, you know, we we have to keep paying attention because because we.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, fuck, I was fucking seventeen eighteen, around the time of the first Iraq or the second Iraq war, and you're seeing like already claims that Hamas is like you know, they have instructions on making chemical weapons and things. You're it's like it's like the.
Speaker 3: Playbook all over again.
Speaker 4: Like WMD's like what, it's not just this, it's like a much larger thing. So yeah, it's it's a it's it's hard to watch this all happen again, like almost beat by beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, uh, let's take a break. We're gonna come back. We're going to talk about human dog beds and what stage of collapse that signals, or were there human dog beds than Carthage miles I should ask it's just good old fashioned yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, we'll be right back and we're back. Oh yeah, And I've been hearing tell of human sized dog beds for for a little while now. Superducer On Josie was onto these and being like, I should I I want?
Speaker 3: Should I get dogbed?
Speaker 1: But can I look at myself in the mirror? But these are these are real.
Speaker 4: I just read a review for a human sized dog bed that costs four hundred dollars and is made of memory foam, And the review of the dogbed itself seems solid, like it's it's it's comfortable. It's like it's obviously not long enough for someone who's like over five foot seven to like lay fully out in. But you know, in a dogbed, you probably just want to get fetal in it like a dog would. But as I just looked at it, I'm like hmm, what where what is this? Like, what's the need here for this sort of like give up this device because look, I'm all about taking comfort to like whatever extreme necessary. I used to take the fucking head rests off the like the rear seats and my car as a kid, and you know how like they got the two metal prongs in it, like for the.
Speaker 3: Car head rest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would take one and put one in one and then the extra one I would put one in the other one, so I would have like this dual V flying V head rest.
Speaker 3: I used to call this shit Darth Vader. I would do that in the car.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so I'm no, I'm not gonna yuck anybody's comfort.
Speaker 3: Young.
Speaker 4: I was putting people at risk by removing the head rests and cars when I was seventeen. Yes, I was seventeen when I was doing this. But like this is like I don't know, like, are we at the place now where people are just like for god.
Speaker 3: Fuck it all, let me be a dead dog phase.
Speaker 4: Like where we just want to fucking lay down and die because I get that too.
Speaker 1: Feed meats while I'm on my back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I totally I see the appeal because I I think all the time, I'm like I want to do something like that, but it's usually something to help me, like deal with how like the dread that I have about the world, rather than like this is peak comfort being in a dog bed.
Speaker 1: They have it in the middle in the in the picture that shows it in use. They have it where a coffee table may go, So it would just it kind of just sits in the middle of a living room. So it's not it's not like this for places your bed. It's like this is a centerpiece of your communal area. You may have heard two wells from me as you described what this was. One price point four hundred dollars. Wow, that's a lot. I can't believe they're charging that. And then a second while when you said memory foam, and that was me saying, wow, I would I would pay the four hundred dollars for this. Oh now you're like memory, oh fully made of memory foam? Yeah, yes, please.
Speaker 4: Memory foam to help damn melt the way those troubling memories, I guess is the way that could be marketed. But yeah, right, I mean, like I it was like you're to your point, like it would have to replace like a coffee table, a dining table, Like unless you live in a gigantic place that you could just be like, yeah, yeah, there's my dogbed. I just like to fucking bliss out on or just hide from the world on. Uh fine, but yeah, I'm like that's why I'm like.
Speaker 1: Is this I think you just put it right next to the door where like a dogbed would go, like you know, like where people leave.
Speaker 3: Their shoes right right right, Like yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Put it there for like you come in from work and just kick off your shoes and fall into that version.
Speaker 4: Of mister Rogers neighborhood when he's like it's a fucked up day on earth, a fudge fucking I'm keeping my pumas on and I'm getting my dogbed, fuck my house cold or any of that shit. Yeah, go off to the land of whatever that place was, make believe. Yeah, we take a little train there. Yeah, well, let us know if you want to get that dog bed. Is it like in a way I think comparatively, it makes the snuggie or the slanket seem like a legitimate piece of like wellness technology when it's like, oh, yeah, you wear a blanket. Yeah, But going to extreme dog bed. You know, I guess I guess it's up to the user how they how they see it. I guess I look at that and when I feel like I want to get in dog bed, it's because I feel like shit, not because I'm like that's optimal comfort.
Speaker 3: But hey, teach them.
Speaker 1: It feels like it would be good. It would work very well as a compliment to the snuggie, you know. Help a couple of these around the house. And then you're wearing the blanket already. I think you could just you know, that's kind of out you were a depression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that feels like an air like a thematic Airbnb, where it's like, no beds in this place, only human dog beds, only slankets and a soft surf machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just put on the slanket the second you walk in. All right. Uh So that's what we'll be up to for the next to it. What that's why you won't be getting any episodes for the next three weeks. Miles and I are just gonna be quote unquote testing this. Yeah, all right, let's talk about Elon Musk real quick. A couple of things over the weekend. A video surface of a Tesla cyber truck driving along the road full of bullet holes on the side.
Speaker 3: Oh this guy, what the is it like?
Speaker 4: Because because somebody was into some ship like this, it's like a marketing thing.
Speaker 1: I think it was a viral marketing stunt. The car's ability to stop bullets uh pably fired by cannibalistic marauders and the barren wasteland of the near future is caused by Elon musk is uh for some reason a selling point of the cyber truck. And it so he came out at once the picture started circulating and was like, we emptied the entire drum magazine of a Tommy into the driver door ow capone style, uh penetrated into the passenger compartment. Uh So, first of all, Tommy gun, why'd you use the Tommy gun? That's maybe it's like old bad guns.
Speaker 4: But okay, hey, you know, have some respect. Call it a Thompson you know what I mean. But I guess he really I guess in his mind too, like he sees everything in like meme form.
Speaker 3: So like the meme of someone being.
Speaker 4: Like, ah like just rattling off shots would be like some copone esque Tommy gun thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sure. Great.
Speaker 4: Uh, your car, the car that you bought to protect you from machine gun fire that you are in no way actually facing, seems to actually, you know, stand up to the test.
Speaker 3: So great.
Speaker 1: His favorite part of Home Alone is when the guy says I believe you, but my tommy gun don't and fires the shots. He's like, that's who they should have made the movie about. But other people will pointed out that, like the windows don't seem to have been shot at and right, that's totally The windows shattered during the twenty nineteen demonstration meant to highlight its durability. He's like that, even the windows hammer, give me the hammer. Elon, don't use the fuck don't count.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Watch this. Oh my god, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Buy it pre sail up now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I this the cyber truck is like coming out soon ish. I think some.
Speaker 4: People do have them from what I've seen, Like, I feel like I've seen some people post pictures of them, like in the wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elon Bros. Are like and other car companies must be shitting their pants right now. Look at how this thing stops a bullet. Dude, what the fuck? I feel like they use they might have used nerves, just like I'm not I'm not saying it's impossible that they used a real gun, but I'm just saying, like they might have used nerves on this.
Speaker 4: But yeah, or like just a bunch of golf. Yeah, you know, just fucking rip them into it. But I just love I love the Elon fan mind where they're like, this useless thing that has no practical application for the rest of the earth. Has everyone shitting themselves for this level of innovation.
Speaker 1: Like Toyota was like, oh my god, they've got bulletproof doors just below the windows that see brand totally vulnerable.
Speaker 4: Isn't it isn't Isn't it just because like the outside is just fucking steal and like it weighs like like a fucking metric fucked tons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, Like you're not like coming, it's.
Speaker 4: Not like this is lighter than a feather, but will stop like and even then.
Speaker 3: Nobody's looking for you in your cyber truck. Okay.
Speaker 1: He did recently say on an investor call, we dug our own grave with cyber truck, which hits the market next month, So he's you know, we become profitable for at least eighteen months.
Speaker 4: Oh Jack, I'm sorry. It's a newly created stainless steel alloy which they.
Speaker 3: Have been granted an exclusive patent.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, wow, guy's a genius, the real Tony Stark. Anyways, he also spent the weekend attacking Wikipedia, which there's a good Guardian column we'll link off too, But the author was like, the sight of Elon Musk charging towards Wikipedia with his trademark guile and delicacy was so predictable that it was almost relaxing. That's exactly how I felt. I was like, Yeah, that's the right order of things, because yeah, it's you know, first he killed Twitter, and he just wants anything that is created socially that works is going to bother him because he wants he wants to just froy that. He doesn't want there to be a world where something like that can exist because it kind of undermines the entire argument for him being a billionaire.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yeah, and also like an in an era where people like especially who are billionaires or you know that are powerful, they benefit from people not getting all the information they need. So if you can turn Twitter into like a fucking weebel wobble funhouse where you don't know what the fuck's going on, or even Wikipedia could eventually be.
Speaker 3: Like, bro, nothing on there is true at all.
Speaker 4: Then you're gonna just have to listen to your fucking homie that's been red pilled.
Speaker 3: He's got a blue check.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, exactly, just a full man. It's crazy how much Wikipedia, Like very recently, Wikipedia was known as like, uh, somewhat flood encyclopedia. Yeah, like is you know, people can add misinformation to but it's mostly good. And now it is like so much better than everything else on the Internet because everything else on the Internet has.
Speaker 4: Just taken damn Overton window a complete shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we're just like just save Wikipedia, which I agree with like this, I feel like if we could just like do a complete reset right now of everything that we've created with like online technology of the past twenty years, I think I would keep Wikipedia, I would keep Shazam. I would probably keep Reddit, but just like have like add a bunch of moderation or something, and you know, relaunch Twitter without this guy owning it like those I feel like you would have a pretty like that that's the best that we have had.
Speaker 4: You can connect over a niche interests. You can get kind of a rolling news source. You can get a repository of historical information and also answer the age old question of what what song is this?
Speaker 1: Exactly like I start paying for music again. If you gave us our not for profit shit and just like fucked off and stopped ruining everything about the internet, would you know?
Speaker 3: Do you have that the shortcut built into your phone?
Speaker 4: I remember when we found out about like that iOS thing where you could tap the back of your phone and make it do something.
Speaker 3: I had to do shazam.
Speaker 4: But now I just errantly shazam sh Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're like, this isn't a song.
Speaker 4: They're like, this isn't a song. You're fighting with your mom, Like we're arguing, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, mine is camera and home screen because I have too many apps and my kids like to dig deep, so I know, yeah, yeah, need the triple tap to take me back to the home screen. All right? Should we talk about Jim Jordan or leave that? Yeah, let's talk away.
Speaker 4: I mean this guy fucking he tried again. He look the longest short of it. Jim Jordan is no longer in the race for house speaker. Once to the dismay of other Republicans Apparently, like after like like this happened, like one of the reporters was getting calls about like what.
Speaker 3: Is he doing, Like what's going on? What is he thinking?
Speaker 4: Because a lot of the MAGA energy was trying to get behind him, because this is a moment where the fringe of the Republican party because numerically, the people who are like frothing at the mouth MAGA people, they are in the minority numerically, and they're trying to use this to be like this is the full takeover. Okay, m Aga, we run in this gop shit.
Speaker 3: Okay, I try to.
Speaker 4: Take Yeah, but now because of the chaos, they have nine fucking people that are now tossing their hat.
Speaker 2: In the ring.
Speaker 3: Eight of them. Only eight of them are white men.
Speaker 4: So there's that, the other being Byron Donalds, who is a black man who hasn't even completed his first term. So just even like, you know, I hate to say you're not quite for the job, man, but you haven't even been in Congress like a fucking term. So like, yeah, the speakership is a little bit different, and yeah, and only two of those nine actually voted to certify the election, so you already know they're not fucking they're out elections.
Speaker 1: They're in the stop the steel ship.
Speaker 4: Exactly the other seven, No, the other seven are stopped the steal.
Speaker 1: Only two nine second to nine shout out deep Space nine or whatever that Star Trek thing.
Speaker 4: Was h And also it's just getting ugly. Like there's this guy Tom Emmer. He's the majority whip. He's known to the party because of his position. But he's like, I guess, like, you know, seemingly the most normal, and by that I mean like his Wikipedia has sub sections for things like bullying, drunk driving, Nancy Pelosi, machine gun video, whatever the fuck that is. So he's like you're like, okay, yeah, maybe normal, but then he's already getting.
Speaker 1: A told drunk driving career.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And like the bullying thing, I was like, well, maybe it's anti bullying. It's like no, he was like against bully like legislation that was going to protect people or change like the curriculum. Anyway, he's now getting attacked on like Steve Bannon's show, and a lot of people are like, oh, maybe he didn't because he hasn't full voice supported Trump's like next presidential run.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: As it stands, it looks like it's just a continuing fucking embarrassment for everybody involved. But the Republicans keep doing this thing where they're like, oh, well, you know the Democrats, like they're trying to rope the Democrats into this mess, as if they had like they're responsible or had to fucking hand in any of it.
Speaker 1: And just the majority you just can't agree amongst yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'll just I'll just play this one clip of a Neuke Gingrich who he has an idea, he has an idea on how to just turn this mess around.
Speaker 2: I frankly wish that they and Clisson and I have talked about this. I wish that a woman candidate, of all the candidates they've got running, you know, so somebody like at least Stefano or Beth van Dyin who had been a mayor of a city before becoming a congressman. I think in some ways, given the level of rowdiness and the level of juvenile behavior, it's conceivable that a female speaker would be more effective in actually getting them all to get together and stick together. That's the key they have to learn to stick together anyway.
Speaker 4: I love that He's like, all right, guys, about I'm not being woke, I'm actually being regressive by saying we need a woman to take to Just I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: We can you do the work?
Speaker 4: Now? Can you get can you help get this? These these rowdy fucking characters together, oh nude kingrich. But no, I don't think we're going to see that anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that. Like, I still have a tough time giving a shit about this one because they like the The narrative that I'm seeing is like the candidates now like have a much lower public profile than any candidates for Speaker of the House like prior to this. But like I had never heard of any of the Speakers of the House before they became Speaker of the House. Like, I'm just I'm not versed in who any of these people are, right, Yeah, I mean gabble Banger still in Gammy.
Speaker 4: Bang Bangs, Gabby Bang Bangs is still he's still holding the little wooden peepee and smashing it till the livelong day.
Speaker 3: But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's It doesn't look good for him, obviously if they find someone else to be a speaker. But yeah, I mean the real importance is like if you think Paul just getting shit done before, they're literally not getting shipped done now because it's just like I don't I don't want to be yeah, and it's like nothing's gonna happen. I mean, you know, the next thing is mid November, another potential government shut down. Will they get it together by then? And and you know, and sadly people are gonna lose their job or like you don't have to be furloughed or if they you know, rely on government assistance and things like that, that kind of shit.
Speaker 3: That's all on Jebbary Jesus.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, those are some of the things that we're trending over the weekend, continue trending into this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,