Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star in Priscoe.
Speaker 4: Todson take burners here, p'scot Ti.
Speaker 3: Ta Teddy content touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen of Talking Cowboys Nation, we welcome you to the second the week two edition, going into the New York Giants game of.
Speaker 5: A stay with your chest for Friday here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: He sent a by a Black Rifle Coffee Company live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the wbt C studios. We've got the whole cast and crew ready to be back today at.
Speaker 5: Sea Walker Josh said, stand back first, being in the back crunching the sounders up.
Speaker 3: Kyle Yeoman, Oh, sounders that see what you did there? Sanders?
Speaker 4: You mean the champions.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about sound so bad. This is not a this is a football trying to be messy.
Speaker 6: That you trying to be messy and want to start a fight, you know, saying because they losing a championship.
Speaker 3: Hey jeez, how recent was like like two weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, so why are we the Miami whatever the Miami team is could win up and lost the Seattle in the championship, lost three zero into Miami, into Miami where they entered the Seattle Sounders and a loss.
Speaker 4: Is it raining outside?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 4: Is it raining outside?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 7: Or not?
Speaker 4: Did a blue person with blue hair make your coffee? Why are we talking about Seattle?
Speaker 6: He said the Sounder when we're here on talking cowboys, it's freaking time.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, this is happening.
Speaker 3: The blue hair thing.
Speaker 1: So accurate.
Speaker 3: It's so accurate.
Speaker 1: It's so accurate.
Speaker 4: And it is the best coffee to be fair.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Rifle.
Speaker 4: It's a good company.
Speaker 1: I do believe you. I'll check your word for it.
Speaker 8: Black rifles coffee drinker, and you're not drinking black rifle coffee.
Speaker 1: Why are you even drinking?
Speaker 3: Speaking of black rifle, where are the rt ds? Apparently it's coming, sure, apparently it's in roots. Listen here until I have my bird?
Speaker 6: Is the one that I like? What's the super can one that I like? What's the big boy can one?
Speaker 3: That that. I yeah, like the Americas Blend No.
Speaker 1: Three when I had three hundred, I needed glitch, glitch.
Speaker 6: I need a three for all for listening Black Rifle Coffee Company every single Friday. I need to kick off the show with a three hundred milligram rt D.
Speaker 3: I need want to say this is a service.
Speaker 6: Listen, this is a public service announcement every Friday.
Speaker 1: Listen. I will promote y'all. You guys arelready a sponsor.
Speaker 6: Listen and let me rep y'all by showing the impacts of a three hundred milligram r t D from Black Rifle.
Speaker 4: And let's go.
Speaker 8: If you provide that to Isaiah, make sure you provide a defibrilator because his blood pressure after that last where he joined was like five hundred over seven.
Speaker 6: But the show was fire, sidn it was.
Speaker 3: If you didn't chug it, I wouldn't have a problem you absolutely.
Speaker 1: I had the shakes for the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Ye all right, it just be calling me. I gotta go to it and just be calling me. Let's get into some news and notes. Patrick No C. Walker Cowboys back on the practice field yesterday. They are into a walk through phase today and then it's travel day. Oh no, it's not a home a home game.
Speaker 1: Send me away. Sorry, I'm not trying to trying to get your feels good.
Speaker 3: Want to come home?
Speaker 1: At five.
Speaker 8: We have the home opener for the Cowboys. There not traveling this week. Kind of light on news and notes. They did return to the practice field on yesterday. Practice report remained unchanged with the exception of one year Thomas. He mispracticed yesterday, but it was non injury related. It was a personal reason. We'll see if he returns today, which kind of segues to Brian Schottenheimer and his interview with one O.
Speaker 1: Five to three the Fan this morning.
Speaker 8: Interesting point that he made when he was asked about the absence of Dran Bland. How are the Cowboys looking to attack that? We already know, We talked about it yesterday and you guys know because you were watching Talking Cowboys yesterday. Absolutely ready Stewart and likely Zion Childress from the practice squad are going to be your amb solutions there. But as far as your c solution, the only see I'll allow but talking to alphabets is Brian Schotenheimer said that the Cowboys will He didn't say expected to.
Speaker 1: He didn't say likely, you know, planned to.
Speaker 8: He said they will use some safeties to assist them in nickel corner coverage. We know that one year Thomas took some reps at nickel corner throughout the off season programs Ota mini camps.
Speaker 1: I'm in training camp Marquise Bell as well.
Speaker 8: We know Marquis Bell has flexibility from the time that he was moving a linebacker to help with dan Quinn. So it'll be interesting to see, especially if they do keep to now what we think they'll do, which is primarily zone coverage and the absence of Bland. I don't see them switching up to man without Bland in the lineup, So zone coverage with a little mix of one Gay Marquise Bell behind Ready Stewart and possibly Zion Childress. So that was an interesting tidbit from a shoddy on the fan.
Speaker 3: This was awesome and exactly kind of what we had been looking at the last couple of days. But it's man, that's a big unknown.
Speaker 4: It's a big unknown. Let's hope Ready is ready. And not to be punny, I genuinely mean that we haven't seen a lot from Ready Stewart, especially on the practice field. I don't think the media has even gotten a good look at Ready Stewart so far. But we know Zion Childress, we've seen it competitive.
Speaker 8: We hope Ready is ready and that he's a good steward steady.
Speaker 3: Is he steady?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Is Ready steady?
Speaker 6: Read? I almost I am excited to see one yea Marquis Bell because I feel as if we haven't really seen those guys much lately.
Speaker 1: Right it's because of you know, Cooker, and.
Speaker 6: I get it, I get it, but you know, we have become accustomed to one Yea Thomas and Marquis Bell contributions, and those guys were good, were great contribute not even just good, great contributor contributor to the defense in years past.
Speaker 1: So I'm actually excited.
Speaker 6: To see them get some more opportunities because they both bring a physicality and an intensity from from their history, right They they both bring that to that element to the game, and I think that'll be good to see.
Speaker 4: It's talking about being ready, being being steady. The safety group has always been that. Yes, they've been consistent for their how many years is this now three years that the safety group is unchanged? I mean, and you can always expect that.
Speaker 8: If you remember the pre dan Quinn era and safety, so the fact is talking about that the safety position in Dallas has been so stable and solid for multiple seasons.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: I just remember shouts out to Jeff Heath the goat. He held it down when he could, He tried his best. They gave it their all.
Speaker 4: Just all the automnipias. Yeah, all of those, all.
Speaker 3: All the way back to the very church days BC.
Speaker 1: Go see shout out out the Church.
Speaker 3: It is kind of interesting. I think it was on this show or on this platform that we were having the conversation in training camp of when can we expect to drop off from the safety position? When can that group of that that four guys, when is that going to change? I don't think we've seen it yet. Going into it, A lot of fans out there maybe were skeptical of it. I know I was skeptical of of little things within the group. But I have no problem with the safety position right now. I think they've they've played steady, they've been consistent. Is it over the top? Is it Kyle Hamilton with the Baltimore Ravens. No, it's not. It's but it's exactly what you need out of that position, and with the revolving door that they currently have at cornerback, it's a big plus for that team.
Speaker 4: Not to mention their third coordinator in three years and those guys are still together.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, good point.
Speaker 8: That Steady does make me wonder what, uh, Well, m cuomo's gone now, so.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna move on.
Speaker 3: He's gone.
Speaker 8: Often it would have been nice to have him in this particular situation, specifically he just cal practice squad care. Yeah, yeah, just as like as a corner as a nickel option, as a fair I feel like if they would have had this scenario in mind, they may have signed it, but they may have had a scenario and there's no way to yeah, to expect John Bland to be out by week two.
Speaker 3: You know, that's that's a tough thing.
Speaker 8: That's that's to be fair. But I'm just saying it would be nice, would be nice. But it'll be fun to see what what Bill and Thomas can do. And we know the versatility of one year Thomas and we talked about the versatility Bill. Two young safeties who I would love to see get on the field. However they can on defense. Hitters, Yeah, hitters, hitters, hitters, one rting coverage.
Speaker 6: Which is something that I feel as if the defense was missing last week.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest.
Speaker 6: There seemed to be hesitation to pull the trigger last week, and I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that.
Speaker 6: I felt like as well as the defense played, I feel as if at the linebacker position there was hesitation, especially more so from Sanborn.
Speaker 1: I also feel like Malie.
Speaker 6: Hooker was a little bit tentative to put a trigger. I think Donovan Wilson kind of worked his way into it. There's a come towards the second half, he started shooting his gun like you expect Donald to do. But I overall that's why I said I look forward to Marquise Bill and oney A Thomas because they don't hesitate.
Speaker 1: They shoot. They see it and they shoot.
Speaker 4: And speaking of the linebackers, real quick, I know you've been throughout the week, You've been a little critical Sanborn. Understandably, he didn't have a great showing like and he's on the field because he knows Matty Reflus for sure scheme the most given a chance, for sure. What did you see from Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, Kenneth Murray. From what I saw, he looked like he was okay.
Speaker 3: He looked there was nothing seeming serviceable.
Speaker 1: He looks serviceable.
Speaker 3: There were some there were some bad reps for sure.
Speaker 6: For sure first serviceable. You know, I was not impressed by that unit.
Speaker 3: I thought Philadelphia did a good job of scheming up the linebackers to put them in a tough position.
Speaker 4: Put them out of position in many circumscs.
Speaker 3: I thought they did a good job of attacking the linebackers, especially with the crossers and the short.
Speaker 8: And you know who athleticism to be able to those things.
Speaker 1: Overall that well, stop its changed throughout the hitting.
Speaker 8: I mean to that point, we bring up le File and we'll say we will segue right to Iberflus's press conference on yesterday. He was asked specifically about the reasoning for Leophile having only six defensive snaps, which he kind of side stepped four quickly, but then he did say definitively that quote unquote Leophile has earned the reps as early as this week, So we'll see what that equates to as far as the number of reps he finishes this game against the Giants with. But I do expect a sizeable uptick in reps for le File basically.
Speaker 1: Call it what it is.
Speaker 6: There's a seniority in the NFL. In the NFL, there's politics in every every industry. NFL is no different. There's a if you come over right via trade and you come over with your coach, there's going you're gonna be given the opportunity to fail.
Speaker 3: There's a level of comfort there. There's a level of comfort and seniority. Your job, like trust, it is your job to lose.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna have to see it a couple of times before you're like not getting the job done.
Speaker 3: All right, young fella, get in there right.
Speaker 6: So those guys, that's where that's when that whole analogy of you know, say stay ready so you don't have to get ready. That's when that comes into play because you have to be ready when the opportunity presents itself to be able to go and take full advantage of what's presented to you. But overall, that's why I said that that second level, there was a lot of hesitation for my liking I did I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't protect clearly like it.
Speaker 6: I wish I would like to see more aggressive group, which we've heard that's that should be the expectation from the linebacker.
Speaker 4: Confidence there.
Speaker 6: I think it was just lack of decisiveness. Like like I think everybody was so concerned about being right. I think everybody's just so concerned about being right. You can't play fast like that, right, So, like if you're so concerned about having the right guy, or so concerned about having the right gap, integrity or all those things, that you can't just play free. It's completely opposite of what we've heard from this defensive staff.
Speaker 4: You're stuck in like the decision of you're the pause of.
Speaker 6: That make half second hesitation. You're out of position that half second hesitation. Now that gap is now closed, that half second hesitation. Now that lineman is up on me instead of instead of me being able to actually get to one shoulder.
Speaker 1: Right, So you can't hesitate to play ahead.
Speaker 6: You have to I mean you're at the five, You're five yards away from the action now, and then you have to go downhill now, right, Either you got to scan, you got to be able to get your get your reads. It's a lot happening that they have to be able to digest in a very short period of time. But that's why the best linebackers are distinctive and they're decisive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that'll get better as the year goes on in a scheme that's new, because well, Jack Sanborne has played with Matti Reflus, Kenneth Murray has not, and Mary's Leafol has not. And while you still have the read and reactability for Marus Leafel, you're still going to see a step forward in the progression of the scheme as the year goes on.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just gonna say, in terms of playing in the moment, a guy that does that really well was an act of last week. His name is Shamar James.
Speaker 6: Ry myself, which is why that's why he's my player to watch this year.
Speaker 3: You want hitters, and that is that's why he's my player to watch it. I think he gets his chance later on into year exactly.
Speaker 4: I think you see guys like Shamar James. I think you guys like Marrius Leafoul, as they grow into the system, they will play.
Speaker 8: That's just the only thing I disagree with Shamal being your guy was time. I don't know that he will have enough time on the field to take the title of you know, Rookie of the Year for the Dallas Cowboys. It's kind of what I'm saying, But when once he gets on the field, Yeah, he's gonna rattle seatball hill Lows.
Speaker 3: Is that not the same conversation that we had about Jaden Blue though early. It's a position that has some question marks, but talent, some veteran talent, some young talent.
Speaker 4: I think that's a fair comparison.
Speaker 3: And then and then you turn around and he's not active after a solid camp with some ups and downs. Why is he not active? I mean, both fifth round picks, they have time to develop. I'm not saying the end of their career is upon them, but why were they not active in Week one? There's got to be something for for that or to that.
Speaker 8: It's a fair comparison, But I'll put them both on the same highway, right, But they're wildly different lanes because if you look at what's happening with the linebacker corps, you have a lot of bodies that have to be sorted through. It's true you have Vega, Kenneth Murray, he's a veteran. Those guys, it's you, it's your position to lose. De Mont Clark. He was on fire in training camp in preseason. They want to get him out there. Mayr s lea foul. Now you have to figure out how to get him out there. Nothing to figure out for me. Just put him out there, Shamar James. So when you start talking, they're playing a lot of two linebackers exactly. So when you start talking about that, the number of bodies, the scheme primarily a dual linebacker versus the running backs room where you have Javante as your definitive RB. One, Turpin is your definitive kind of switch up guy, and the rest is like But.
Speaker 3: But you look at like snapshare because of course you can only utilize really one running back at a time most of the time, whereas linebackers are playing two or three guys, and then you have a rotation outside of that. I think if both guys were active two sets, maybe, But when you look at the snap share and the rotation between the linebackers, I would say if Blue and Shamar James were were both active at the same time, I bet you they'd get right around the same amount of snapshare between their.
Speaker 8: I think that's fair because I think that Blue is it's still earning his as far as.
Speaker 3: The concent how many touches with Jaden blue Gett.
Speaker 8: I don't know that Shamar James is having a consistency issue. Jamar James has a veteran in front of him issue.
Speaker 6: Several Yeah, because Murray and Samborn, you're only taking one of them off the field at a time. If one of those guys come off, comes off the field, that de Moon Clark goes in, that's that's that's that's how that is.
Speaker 1: It's a three person rotation.
Speaker 6: So if you have four or five six linebackers, those guys aren't They're not touching the field. It's just not happening, right because you're you're only pulling off one of those veteran linebackers at a time. So that in itself is not gonna it's not gonna give these guys opportunities to play. But I think that you have a really really good nucleus of young linebackers and Mary's lea foul, Shamar James and Demo when he comes back. Those are three guys that are instinctive, fast, decisive, physical players.
Speaker 3: Now that that's your that's your young nucleus that you have.
Speaker 4: And you're just excited about them. You want to see him on the field. If you're looking at the comparison of last week, being like that's the sample size you have of the current linebacker corps, it needs to be you need to be a little more athletic. You need to be able to get to the quarterback. And I don't think you had that necessarily last week. But then again, and you know, just got to let them cook base they have.
Speaker 6: They have the bodies of linebackers rightbout Murray and Sam.
Speaker 3: They look like they look like linebackers that you would drove.
Speaker 4: Look like traditional line for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we've seen like it's a it's a It is a very vast difference between there and the young guys that we're talking about in terms of their.
Speaker 1: Speed and athleticism. Now, do they have the wisdom.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not in the meeting rooms. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they're at.
Speaker 1: Mentally.
Speaker 3: They're getting the rep what.
Speaker 1: They have is the experience that that we know, But.
Speaker 4: Do they have the athleticism to take on more quarterbacks like Jalen Here, you're gonna play Jalen Hurts again. You're gonna play a lot of these dual threat Jayden Daniel.
Speaker 6: But but we understand that speed, we don't have to look as far. I mean, I don't want to talk about other teams that much, but like look at last night's game, Green Bay's defense is free making fast.
Speaker 1: They're everywhere.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 6: I know we will talk about them in a couple of weeks, but I'm just being real with Youah.
Speaker 3: The reason why they're dangerous is because they come in waves.
Speaker 6: If one guy, if one guy, if you get to catch the ball, doesn't matter if you're running back or a receiver or a tight end, there's gonna be three or four guys that are going to be shooting there and shooting their shot at your knees, are gonna shooting like the guys are coming from all over the place. Jayde Daniels couldn't do anything because there was freaking fire all over the place, right And it's like this that is like the most frustrating thing in the world. And that comes with speed, That comes with decisiveness, that comes with playing with your hair on fire, because you can go out there and I guess what if I make a mistake. Cool, let's get it corrected. But I'm not gonna hesitate to go make up play. That's I think that that's the energy that you're looking for from this particular defense, and I think that we'll eventually get there, but that we did not see that from the second level last week.
Speaker 1: Especially if they stop clowning around.
Speaker 3: All right, I just had to fit the pun, had to do it, you know. That's when we come back here on Talking Cowboys. We want to make you the smartest people in the room, Doug, all right, we do on sun we want to give you every piece of knowledge that you could possibly use during your Cowboys watch party Sunday at noon. We've got some preview segments, some X factors, some over unders, and then I'm gonna start giving Ky's stat of the Week. We're gonna have Kwy's stat of the Week coming up after this with more Talking Cowboys previewing the Week two matchup against the Giants. After this.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right. We're with you. That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 3: Where were you?
Speaker 4: Where are you noted?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasty coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle co That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 9: Oh? I watched.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent. You have some Creay talent, and they.
Speaker 3: Got some fight hoping.
Speaker 1: This is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 6: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 3: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 8: Bank of America The Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Copyright twenty twenty five, Bank of America Corporation. I'm home, Hey.
Speaker 8: Mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 7: Hey can you?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice? Not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last and twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident.
Speaker 1: Pact ten of More Tours.
Speaker 10: Strictions exclusion apply att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Get it in there, Get it there.
Speaker 3: This segment is brought to you by and visit the line the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Glad you're back with us on Talking Cowboys. Chris Beam is killing us in these headsets. You can't even hear the amount of, Oh that was slick. Come on the amount of He's very impressive. Well, I just can't, I can't do it. Let's go so many good jobs. I'm jelly yeah, super no jelly here, peanut butter, peanut butter, jelly over under. I want to hear what you guys believe will happen.
Speaker 1: This is why three million milligrams.
Speaker 3: This is yet you're not even on three hundred. That's what I'm saying, Like, so, all right, cde Lamb receiving yards in this matchup set at seventy eight point five. Do you think it is a big bounce back? He had one hundred and ten receiving yards in Week one. It's hard to call it a bounce back. But the way that CD's talking about it, the way that the media talks about it, the way that everybody talks about it, it's like the four drops. That's the big thing most in his career, at least by my count looking back at it. When when you look at Ceedee Lamb, how big of a bounce back can he have today?
Speaker 1: I think it's about Sunday. I'm taking the over on this one.
Speaker 8: I don't know that it'll be, you know, a two hundred yard game, because I also believe that George Pickens will get more involved and you're going to see more production from him. There's only one, you know, one ball to go around. So I do think this is another one hundred yard game for Ceedee Lamb. But I think that you will see him making those critical catches that he didn't make in the second half against the Eagles. So rather be a critical third down possession, rather it be a critical red zone throw. Yeah, so I still take him at one hundred. So I'm going to go with the over on City Lamb. And I mean, this guy said yesterday he was like he didn't sleep after the game. He didn't sleep, He immediately got up early. He was out there on the judgment.
Speaker 3: Part of that, I like, yeah, part of that I don't. Well.
Speaker 8: I also asked him, I said, because what popped in my head as he's talking about how it haunted and haunted him?
Speaker 1: I said, well, how do you keep from pressing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was a good question in week two because if this is haunting you like this, like, how do you make sure that you're still organically leveled back?
Speaker 3: That's my problem. I don't want him to get in his head exactly. So it's one of the best receivers in football.
Speaker 8: And he had a great answer to it. He said, he just needs to make sure that he relaxes against the Giants and let the game come to him and just basically remember that at the end of the day he's made those catches before, he will make those catches again.
Speaker 1: So that's how that's his to not press. But I'm taking the over.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say that cdee Lamb necessarily needs the motivation to have a good game against the Giants. You but that's all you need, man. And it's so funny after the game, Giants fans on Twitter like, you know, way to go CD. Now he's going to have two hundred. Please keep going, Thank God, please keep talking. It's almost unfair. CD is going to go for definitely over one hundred. I'm taking the over for sure. And if I could include George Pickens into this conversation, he's also going.
Speaker 3: Over on un Welcome to the prediction.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the party, sir.
Speaker 3: You're trying to you're trying to parlay this together and make it make it a one to two punch.
Speaker 4: Let's do it, Okay, two hundred yards.
Speaker 3: For both seventy eight Popo.
Speaker 6: Staying with what I said earlier this week, you said it's happeneding CD one fifteen and George.
Speaker 3: There you go. Look, Dak, this would answer that if you ever want to bounce back game as a receiver, you want to do a versus a team that plays man.
Speaker 4: And the Giants play a There you and let it be known that Isaah is the one that predicted Brandon Cooks his giant game a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: That's what led to the hot sauce beat.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were like on the money too, said over one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifty Yeah, small goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe you.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if I would do a hot sauce bet, but at some point down and I agree with I.
Speaker 1: Have a brand new hot sauce and they just disgusting.
Speaker 4: I would do a hot saucepit. I want to do a bet where Isaiah has to wear his full Cowboys uniform with pads. Oh, that would be fun and like talking cowboys. Yeah, helme advisor for the.
Speaker 3: Entire I like it.
Speaker 1: I like that idea.
Speaker 3: All right, Dak Prescott, this is pretty easy. If you guys are saying CD is going to have a huge game, George Pickens is going to have a huge game. I said it at two seventy four point five, So basically two seventy five and above or not over over over, okay, three hundred. Why pass that? Well, if you're feeding CD Lamb and you're feeding George Pickens, how much.
Speaker 8: Leftover is there for a guy like Jake Ferguson. There's still some, There's still some eat. It's not a seventy five yard game. If for Fergie, if we're giving well, I set the.
Speaker 3: Number at five and a half receptions, I'm going under.
Speaker 1: Under under under.
Speaker 8: I think it'll be full receptions sixty yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Did you say you're worried about Ferg you expand upon that.
Speaker 1: I just I don't. I don't know. I just last week.
Speaker 3: Good blocking, Yeah, I get a good job blocking. The scheme was there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna have wide open looks across the board against this Giants defense, and Dak is going to have the pick of his choosing, and I think he's going to go deep. I simply put, I think the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: Was going to be a couple, but I think he comes down with those.
Speaker 8: Ferg gets a touchdown this this week for me, Well for me, I see him. He's not going to do it for me. I mean, we're cool, but I don't see him playing for me. But I think he gets a touch if I agree, and I do agree. One hundred plus for both pickings and lamb. One hundred plus for both pickings and lamb. Let's say you're approaching like two fifty of that three hundred after dig, So there you go. Fifty sixty yards would have had I mean, had there been more accurate, Bosster would have had plus seventy yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Probably would have had that touchdown, especially yeah on the touchdown.
Speaker 8: I'm taking the under on the on the targets. But he will impact this game though.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cowboys sacks. The Giants gave up two last week. Cowboys only had one last week. One and a half.
Speaker 1: Over and over.
Speaker 4: It needs to be over or else this is a failure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's kind of fail That's kind of why the number is there. Gant and a half would be tough to say over. Yeah, but that because that's saying you're at least getting three sacks. I don't know about that. I think one and a half's right around what we could see may even be a push one and a half. You get like that half sacked in there too.
Speaker 4: There's no reason against this Giant's offensive line where you shouldn't have.
Speaker 8: At least Kneeling gets one and Sam gets one. Oh, another one for Kneeling, Yeah, another one for Knieling. He almost had two eagles if he wasn't.
Speaker 3: So you're saying over.
Speaker 4: Easy, I'm going under over, I'm going under.
Speaker 6: I'm going under yu. I'd have to see more. I know that against this can get pressure by blitzing.
Speaker 1: We saw it. We saw it in the second quarter against the Giants line. I hear you, Okay, pressure I need to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So with all that being said, I want you to give me one Cowboys offensive X factor, one guy that is going to be the difference maker between winning and losing going into this game. It could be literally anybody I got you.
Speaker 4: Let me go with first and foremost, Javonte Williams. I believe he goes over one hundred yards for the first time since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Do you think CD is going over one hundred, Pickens is going over one hundred, and Javonte Williams is going over I could say, your score better not be like seventeen thirteen, and when we give the score, I'll be forty to seven.
Speaker 4: I say this because I'm talking Cowboys. We watched the tape, we watched the film, we watched the Giants, and that is what I'm predicting. Absolutely, Javonte Williams goes over a hundred for the first time since time.
Speaker 8: I'm not mad at him for that. Giants defense, like we talked about yesterday, they're very ungreat. So they're very ungreat. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: With defensive lines borderline great though.
Speaker 1: Not against the run. Mhm, So I mean Lawrence.
Speaker 8: We always have to pull Lawrence out of whenever you say something segative about the Giants defensive.
Speaker 3: Never talk about what's the question again.
Speaker 8: I'm going I'm going turbo turpeed because they Giants primarily play man coverage.
Speaker 3: Spam the chat Turkey Turkey speed speed.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that.
Speaker 8: Spam it turbo right now, Pasmanian turp if you will. Yeah, I'm going because man man coverage, you get him the ball in space. Now you're talking linebackers and you know corners one player. Yeah, I'm gonna go Tyler Guiden.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Tell me, why, how do you feel like he played in Week one?
Speaker 6: I feel like he he did better as a game of progression. He got better as a game progre I liked it. I like to see I liked seeing his violence come out because those that's the question I had about him. I didn't know if he had that dog in him. You know, I know he was I know he has athleticism. I didn't know if he had that dog yet. When you when you grab a dog, listen. He got fined twelve grand for it. He paid it fine by it.
Speaker 3: But I like seeing him slap.
Speaker 1: He told me he's going to appeal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna lose that one. It's the intent because he was he.
Speaker 1: Slaps. I hear you.
Speaker 3: The league doesn't care he slapped somebody in the helmet the way that Dak talked about it yesterday where he was, he was like, man, I loved that. I love seeing that.
Speaker 1: Dac made like they are going to test him.
Speaker 6: I think they're gonna go any meaning mighty yep him and I think they're gonna they're gonna throw all the past rushers off. Dua Carter came on Thibodeau, freaking Brian Burns. They're all going to take turns on Tyler Guid.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about defense, defensive X factor in this game? Who you gotta have played their highest level.
Speaker 8: I'm going Mari as the X factor because going into this game, I expect that he'll get more rips. But I don't know what that looks like. But I do feel like when he's on the field and able to impact the game, he will absolutely do so. Okay, Dante Fowler Oh Junior, similar thing. Yeah, I think that left tackle position is rough.
Speaker 1: For them right now.
Speaker 3: Either Andrew Thomas if he comes bash or it's going to be the same.
Speaker 6: Guy, and I don't I don't see them being threatened enough from what they saw from our defensive line last week to utilize a tight end like they did against the Commanders last week in terms of it's going to help and chipping and trying to help additional blox.
Speaker 1: So I think they're gonna allow that left tackle to.
Speaker 6: Be on an island until somebody from Dallas shows that they can get to the quarterback.
Speaker 1: So I think that Dante Fallo Junior will have Christian the check Taylor guy in clubber Lang.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's funny.
Speaker 4: The Giants won't be able to run the ball effectively. They'll need to air the ball out and because of that, I think the defensive X factor is going to be one kayr Elam since OTAs, he has been the best cornerback you've had. He's been showing out for a long long time. Now pick the ch he gets a pick with your chi Josh Hyerlum number twenty.
Speaker 3: That'd be awesome. First, I t that would be the nice little cherry on top of like just play after play after play after play where he made incredible plays through camp in the off season.
Speaker 4: And I'm making a lot of bold priictions, so I knew one of these hits just to keep my crown on Jost Domins.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: When I'm looking at this game, I'm shocked at all three of you for not collectively saying, ready, Stewart, we left it for you. But you're going up against a guy like Malik Neighbors, who's been of course, a guy that can play in the slot. Took twenty four snaps in the slot last week. You have to he's an elite wide receiver zone. I know you're playing zone, but it's still coming over there. Number one for him. Yeah, No, I'm a little concerned they're gonna, I think that number from twenty four, just because they look across the line of scrimmage and there's gonna be a guy who's played fifteen stamps period in the NFL. They're gonna look across the line and you say, yeah, neighbors, go ahead and slide on inside, go ahead and start there, because then it's just a free game. So if ready Steward's ready, how many tars as neighbors can happen?
Speaker 1: Forty five? No, no, in this game? Forty five.
Speaker 3: No. I mean it's got to be double digits something. Twelve yeah, answers, Yes, it's gotta be ten or more.
Speaker 1: Let me ten ten, I'm going ten. Yeah. Yeah, they're gonna try to force feed him twelve to go with twelve ten in the first half.
Speaker 3: I was about to say they're gonna just load it up early and.
Speaker 1: Often that if they're able to throw the ball one billion the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know, all right, I talked about this a little bit earlier. Then you guys laughed at me. Ky Wise Stat of the Week slid the Thanks Beamer. Yeah, I'm sliding it in. What's that? What do you want?
Speaker 6: I was gonna throw something. Yeah, I know, we just gave our boat predictions about Ceedee Lamb and everything. But uh, just a fun fact just from my notes here, Ceedee Lamb was held in both games last year against the Giants. Was held under one hundred yards in both games, seven for ninety eight and two for thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Same decordinator. Okay, okay, just a heads up.
Speaker 3: Do you think you think that's something that can transfer.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying that they have had success with the same decordinator versus the same receiver in last year as as late as last year.
Speaker 4: You know, you say it under one hundred yards in one of those was ninety eight.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm here, I hear you. Okay, but the next game was was two for thirty nine.
Speaker 4: All right, fair enough, But he also didn't have Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: He also didn't understood giving the facts, I'm just telling you what it was last year. I'm not saying that's gonna be read. Have four of that.
Speaker 1: It's also true that George Pickens is now in the bill. I totally agree. I'm just giving the facts. Gonna be a little bit different poison.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Cowboys fourteen straight seasons not starting zero and two, second longest active streak in the NFL entering twenty twenty five. Only the Packers have a longer active streak at nineteen seasons. And of course they ended up having a big win UH in Week one, and then they won last night as well, so their streak is improved to nineteen. The Cowboys can improve their streak to fifteen with a win against the Giants. That is k wi's stat of the week. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven, because for the first time in twenty twenty five, when we come back, we're picking games. Be our fan representative eight eight. Let me say it again eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Give us a call right now. We're picking on the other side of the break. We're talking Cowboys. After this call me now.
Speaker 4: I'm home.
Speaker 5: Hey, Mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice. Hey, can you ahon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow, isn't it nice not having to ask.
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption, AT and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last and twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single INCID impact in ten more towers. Strictions in exclusions apply att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 7: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 1: Would you dear doctor, my friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 3: But what's the right gift that's says thanks for being a soldier to cry out?
Speaker 7: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wibaum. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the owe to Cowboys vip to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. Final segment of us Say It with Your Chest Friday with Patrick noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's Isaiah. I like your hat, by the way, thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: All right, I don't even know like your dougie man.
Speaker 3: Sweet are we doing?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? You're going full of romo.
Speaker 3: That green Water the water Boys?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice sweet hat, sweet hat? All right? Like this is our Talking Cowboys tradition. The final segment going into the weekend, we pick the best NFL games across the board, and we have a fan representative every week that calls in and represents for the fans. Then we keep tabs of it throughout the season. We're starting fresh today, so everybody zero and zero and everybody is competing all season long. The first the Ragning Champions here, Chris, do you have the standings from last year? Who was the Rainning champ?
Speaker 1: You have that?
Speaker 3: I do somewhere.
Speaker 1: Let me look for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we'll get an update by the end of the show on that, but let's go ahead and welcome in our first fan representative of the twenty twenty five campaign. This is Kendrick from What's going On? K Thanks for calling. Appreciate you listening.
Speaker 1: They're not like us Kadok at all.
Speaker 3: At all. All Right, we're gonna give you six games, five NFL games, and then we'll pick the Cowboys game at the end. The only game that you'll give a score for is the Cowboys game. And we'll do that right at the end. Let's start it off with the Patriots at the Dolphins, New England at Miami, two teams that you need to figure it out. Absolutely, Isaiah, let's started.
Speaker 6: I'm going with the Patriots. With the pat Dolphins are in a bad way. Tyreek Hill gets traded within the next six weeks.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're gonna die on that hill.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was. It was almost a thing last year. Yeah, almost. That's about the blow up.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Josh tredonmas uh, Well, the Dolphins coaching staff is and shambles over there. Granted Patriots don't have it well either, But I think Patriots have the enthusiasm, the stigma to get the dub.
Speaker 3: They've got some young talent, Like they got a couple of guys that they really think. You know, the Dolphins are on the Treon Henderson, you know.
Speaker 8: Who they probably the Patriots probably won't have on Sunday Christian Damas. Yeah, so we're talking about Tyreek Hill and yeah, native of the colony by Yeah, he normally shuts down Tyrek.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: Dolphins remained in a bad way, but I think they figured out at home to buy their cell. I think Mike be Daniels and Tyrek Hill figured out just to buy themselves more time.
Speaker 3: I'm going Dolphins here, I'm gonna go Patriots. I have a little blind faith in Drake May to lead the charge there and being the con.
Speaker 1: I like Drake May.
Speaker 3: All right, Kendrick, what do you think I'm going Patriots?
Speaker 1: Have enough mustard?
Speaker 3: Good? What you did there? What did he threw the mustard in there? You didn't say it the right way? They don't have enough what Kendrick?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Broncos at the Hold Science, Broncos at the Colts. Patrick will let you stay.
Speaker 1: I like what. I like what the Broncos are doing.
Speaker 8: As far as the trajectory, I'm going Seowan Payton the Broncos and uh yeah, I think they take down the Coats and Indy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kendrick, Broncos, that's gotten easy. Wow, all right?
Speaker 1: Wrong, Broncos.
Speaker 3: Broncos Josh.
Speaker 4: Giants are going to lose, and guess what, Daniel Jones is going to get another win conjunction with the Giants loss.
Speaker 1: Let me go to cold Indian.
Speaker 3: He looked good last week. I don't know if I can really pick against him. Denver is only a point and a half favorite in this matchup because it is at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. But give me the Broncos to win this one, all right? Moving on, Eagles at the Chiefs Super Bowl rematch in week two, Chiefs are all right, excuse me, Eagles are one and a half point favorites.
Speaker 8: Excuse of not dropp into one two. I think this is being a home stand Chiefs. I'm taking yours. Goes crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know that I have faith in the Chiefs being who we think they are.
Speaker 1: All you need is Patrick Mahomes at home.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 4: I understand it. So I'm going not to the Chiefs and that other team.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Green Machine for dismal scream one.
Speaker 3: All right, what about you, Kendrick.
Speaker 2: I am a Red Raider, so I would never pick Yeah the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: So always picked the Patricks.
Speaker 3: Good for you, Good for even if they heard, see he earned his seat. He earned it on the chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's earned his seat.
Speaker 3: All right. Buccaneers at the Texans Texans oh and one, but they're two and a half point favorites over Baker Mayfield at home. Josh, I'll let you start.
Speaker 4: Let's go. I don't think the Texans dropped it. Oh and two the Texans.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a tough one.
Speaker 4: And I've been burned so many times picking a Baker Mayfield team, even though I like him so much.
Speaker 1: It's so hot, right, Scotlin Beck, I saw some news on him earlier this week. I don't think so. I don't believe so that I'm taking the ticks. But they had the Ohio State receiver.
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 8: Oh, there's a lot to come back to me. I need, all right, Tampa Bay, Tampa. Yeah, they're cooking you know what. No, I'm gonna stick with the gut God says Texans.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna go with the gut thing, go with be.
Speaker 3: Wait because he's a big man, because that's a double did you just Kendrick, Let's go, Tampa. I'm gonna go with the Texans here, I think they bounced back. Both teams ended at one and one, Chargers at the Raiders. Also Monday night. It's a Monday night Sea battle. Yeah, late night game, nine pm Central Time. Start, Yeah, Chargers at Raiders, Kendrick, let's.
Speaker 1: Go Chargers with this one.
Speaker 2: I don't think Raiders idiot.
Speaker 3: Okay, three and a half point favorites, it's probably fair, Josh.
Speaker 4: I'm going with the Actually the Chargers.
Speaker 3: I think the Chargers are sneaky, really good, sneaky sneaky good, then probably not sneaky for Veris Herbert's gonna have yeah, give me, give me the Chargers to win this one and win it big, And I'm going to Chargers.
Speaker 1: Browers down, Powers Powers, Powers is down. You better put some damn respect on Brock's name. Listen, Sorry, I was playing rock playing Mario.
Speaker 3: Kart oh ashtent.
Speaker 8: Not only has unfortunately brought Bauers down, but the Chargers just looked and this no pun intended, but they looked electric strong last week.
Speaker 4: That sounded like a pun.
Speaker 8: Intend It wasn't intended, it just happened to work. Okay, Okay, I'm going Chargers against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: All right. The pick we've all been waiting for.
Speaker 1: Which one is that?
Speaker 3: Every week, the last last pick of the show, last pick of the week is the Dallas Cowboys. They return home to take on the New York Giants. They've won the last count of one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight meetings with the New York Giants, and they've won fifteen of sixteen. Dak Prescott has not lost to the New York Giants since Barack Obama was in office. It has been a long time since the Giants have lost. Or excuse me, the Giants have won against the Cowboys. Twenty sixteen was the last time with Dak Prescott at quarterback. All right, with all that being said, Kendrick, will let you start. Give us a time, a winner, a score. What do you think.
Speaker 4: Ring Dakota is going to come back into at and P Stadium in remind that the other team Giants, I am your father Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Was that a Star Wars Star Wars reference.
Speaker 8: Kendrick just gets better by the minute, Kendrick, Kendrick with the bars, you're making a making a strong case for call.
Speaker 1: Of the Year already here it's number one with Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Well done, sir, appreciate you Colin, keep holding it down. We'll talk to you again soon. Celebrate it this week, Yes, Sir Kendrick, the Lord's work and playing Patrick, I'll let you start on this one.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Roger that if not for the drops in the second half and the fumble by Miles Sanders, the Cowboys could have hung forty on the defending champs. I think they get that done this week. I think we can go to Wooburger and order that. I think the Cowboys get a forty burger. It's just too much firepower on both sides at the ball.
Speaker 3: I'll find a way to get some one.
Speaker 8: I will say, don't you know, don't underestimate the ability for us to kind of make a play here and there. Dextronoids maybe makes it play, I do call it maybe makes it play here and there. So I am going to give the Giants seventeen points in this game, but ultimately they get walked forty seventeen by the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That's funny that you say that, because my prediction is forty two seventeen.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Saying it with our chest, saying it with the jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: I want to save Jostradamas for the final pick. I'm going to say it's a little bit closer than that, but I still think Dallas dominates for the most part in this game. Give me Dallas twenty seven sixteen. Kind of a weird score, I think, does that a score?
Speaker 9: Go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a I don't know it. Probably it might be interesting, but it yeah, like a weird, gross game. It's probably gonna be like a safety somewhere. Yeah, like it's going to be a weird one. But twenty seven sixteen Cowboys Dallas.
Speaker 4: Oh swait. So Kendrick was from where Plaano Plano right down, good kid from a mad city. Oh, I'm going with Kendrick. I like what he says.
Speaker 1: Fifteen a little bit gotcha.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: I'm going with the Dallas Cowboys. He Dallas Cowboys thirty four thirteen, thirty four thirteen.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it. So Cowboys across the board. Congratulations New York Giants. And I'm just kidding that's not gonna happen. The Cowboys at home noon kickoff on Fox. Be sure to tune in pregame live get started at eleven at Central time. Here from the Cowboys star in Frisco, LOLOWB Live Studios. You can watch it on TXA twenty one television side and then on the Internet side. All the way through. We'll even have bonus coverage as Cowboys dolesion side to a close, on the Dallas Cowboys dot Com side, and on the Cowboys social channels. Got a lot of fun things playing for Sunday, and then of course postgame coverage gets started immediately with the first word presented by Doctor Pepper. You can read Patrick Nosey Walker Onallas Cowboys dot Com, Josh doing everything for Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Squabble, Giants squabble look.
Speaker 3: And then we'll be back on Monday to break it down win or lose for Patrick.
Speaker 5: No Cy Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back, Kendrick on the phone. I'm Kyli Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. Go Cowboys, Go, Keet the Giants uck in.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club