Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle here. We have a different kind of episode this week. This is not the normal podcast where I take phone calls from people, but instead I am trying a new format where I, as a gecko, go out in public, set up a couple chairs, set up a sign that says talk to a real gecko, and I chat with people who are walking by. It's the same casual spirit of the phone call format, but instead we get to hear people's real voices and take in the scene of a whole place. It's an awesome time. It's ultimately my goal to do this in a bunch of different places.
Speaker 2: All over the world. I booked a.
Speaker 1: Flight to Mexico City at the end of the month and I'm planning on doing it there. I want to do it in Japan, Berlin, Montana, wherever the hell there are people, it is my goal to get them. This particular episode was recorded in front of the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, California, and it was a blast. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but we had some really interesting folks sit down to talk and people were like surprisingly vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Which is interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Because it's a lot harder to do that in person than it is over the phone. That was one thing that I didn't know if we were going to get going out into the real world that we normally get when we're in the studio taking calls. But I was wrong. We got a lot of people being very vulnerable with us and having lots of cool and interesting things to say. Overall, it was a ton of fun to record this and the hope that you guys enjoy listening. One last thing before we get into the episode. If you are an avid listener of this podcast, or even if you had just discovered it and you've only listened to an episode or two, I could really use your help. One of the things that bothers me about podcasts as opposed to YouTube or Instagram is that there's no comments section on Spotify. So oftentimes I feel like I'm doing this thing in a vacuum because I see that people are listening, but I rarely get to hear from those people about their thoughts on the show. So please, if you have any feedback at all on this podcast, whether you like longer calls or shorter calls, guest episodes or solo episodes, If you enjoy this new on the street format, more than the calls or the same as the calls, anything at all that would help me understand why the people who listen to this listen and help me get to know the audience of this thing. Please send your feedback via email to Lyle Forever and Ever at gmail dot com. That's l y l E Forever and Ever at gmail dot com. Shoot me a message and I will try to read all of them. All Right, enough of this intro. Let's head over to the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, California, to talk to some people face to face. We're here in Hollywood to the people of Los Angeles have what it takes to be a star of this video.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that makes sense. Did that make sense? All right, let's talk to some people. We got a person.
Speaker 1: You sit down, come hither, Hello, Hollywood, Hello, you're a star.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: When I miss Phoenix Moon, Phoenix Moon, Phoenix Moon, I always associate Phoenix with the Sun, but maybe it's a basketball team.
Speaker 2: Right. Oh? Here can you do?
Speaker 3: Oh the suns? The sun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the sun. What's your life like Phoenix? Man?
Speaker 3: Well, I just moved sate like a year ago living it out in film.
Speaker 2: School here in film school. What what drove you to film school?
Speaker 3: Honestly, well, it's an interesting story. So it's kind of weird. Like my my dad came into my life like when I turned nineteen, which was last year.
Speaker 2: Oh so he was he was gone from your life.
Speaker 3: And then he came in and then like he was like, oh, I'm gonna pay for like your college. So I was like, I not planning on going to college like ever. So I was just like, well, I'm like if I'm getting free, like you know, cause he had like military benefits, so I was like, okay, like let me just go.
Speaker 2: You know him as well.
Speaker 3: And then like as soon as I enrolled, I was like all in classes, he.
Speaker 2: Like dipped out, like oh really like thousand dollars in debt so yeah, oh really.
Speaker 1: So he told you he was gonna pay for it, and then he yeah, like the whole thing was being paid for.
Speaker 2: So so back up for a second. So okay, so he was good. Was he ever in your life nineteen?
Speaker 4: Like when was he like when you were young?
Speaker 3: Like very like maybe like newborn, but that was.
Speaker 1: It, Like okay, left all right, So how did you like react to what was your sort of like feelings and thoughts about him when he came back.
Speaker 3: I didn't really care to be honest, I was just cool, like you hear your here. I was living my whole life like up to that point.
Speaker 1: So I liked, did any part of you want to try to form a greater relationship with him?
Speaker 3: I got a little bit, but you know, is what it is.
Speaker 2: So what was his like?
Speaker 1: Because because if I left my child for twenty years and then I came back, I wouldn't know what the hell to say.
Speaker 2: What do you? What do you say to you? It was weird.
Speaker 3: He like contacted me on fucking Facebook and like was like like, hey, this is your dad. And I was just like like I knew what his name was, and I knew it was him, Like I thought it was like a prank or something, so like I probably like send his number, you know. He was like happy birthday and then send his number and his name, and I was like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: So I called him and then he was just in shock.
Speaker 2: He started crying on the phone.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Really, Yes, it was weird.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 3: But then I was like, Okay, well I guess like I'll try to like make a you know, a relationship with this guy because that's like my father and like.
Speaker 1: So you so party was like okay, he's you know, kind of left me for my whole life, but I'll make a little bit of an effort. Yeah okay, And so what what was the first meeting with him?
Speaker 3: Like, well, he like I went back So I'm from Maryland and like I went back over there for a little bit because I moved to New York and then I wanted to come back to LA for school. So he took me to the airport and like that was my first time meeting him. And like, mind you, Like this man is old, Like he's like seventy two years old. Like my mom was like twenty five and my dad was fifty when they can see me fifty fifty. Yeah, so like he's like on his deathbed like right now.
Speaker 5: Like I haven't talked to him since.
Speaker 2: So since he like dipped out, jeez, So he did.
Speaker 1: So he conceived you when he was fifty and your mom was twenty five. Yeah, and then he just sort of left your mom to raise Yeah man, Okay, so he told you he was gonna pay for film school and then did he like help, did he help you like sign up?
Speaker 2: Did you like use his credit card for a down payment? That work?
Speaker 6: So like it's like.
Speaker 3: With military benefits, you're supposed to get like the whole thing's supposed to be free, and then you're supposed to get a like two thousand dollars check.
Speaker 2: So he has military benefits, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: He was in the military, but like he didn't realize that he fucking used him like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: It's a motorcycle club, all right. Continue That was basically like, okay, so so he told you I was gonna pay for his college. He told you he was gonna pay for college. So you're like, okay, great, I'm gonna go to college. You weren't planning on it. You go to film school. You're in film school now, yeah, okay, so you weren't planning on going yeah, and then your dad said you would pay He would pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so you're here.
Speaker 1: But then he dips out tell me about him dipping out, okay second time?
Speaker 3: Well okay, so like he dipped out the second time because I like I but he was embarrassed, like he realized that, like he I now I have to pay for like my whole schooling and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like now like.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while like hit him up to see if you like send me money or something like that, but it never works.
Speaker 2: So when he dipped out, was it like hey, sorry you gotta go? Or did he just go?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Like was like and like he might be dead, Like I don't know, because like I don't I don't know many people that know him also, so like I I mean, I guess I could ask my uncle, like is he dead, like I don't know, he hasn't he has an answer though, So like.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about this whole situation? You seem like, I mean.
Speaker 3: He's very nonchalant because like him, I didn't know him like for twenty years of my life. So like now he comes in like this random person and I'm like like hey, then he leaves, it's like, oh, you know, comes and goes okay like a friend or so, so you weren't gonna go.
Speaker 1: He tells you he would pay for it, you go, and you just and when he dipped out and said I'm not gonna actually pay for it, you're you decided to stay.
Speaker 3: You're still to say it because I like it's it's honestly, I wouldn't have gone to film school if you weren't for him, you know, for someone like telling me that it'd be free, you know, and I love it, and I'm like, I'm so passionate about it.
Speaker 1: So okay, worked out. That's awesome. Yeah, man, I'm I'm happy for you. I'm sorry that that that happened. But you seem like you, like you said, nonchalant about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean it's like, what are you I do?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: So okay, So before we go, what film do you want to make? Are you gonna make a film about this experience? This is a cool story.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know, maybe one day, like make a short about it or or a feature. I do want to direct a feature one day, but like, I don't know, we'll see what the future holds.
Speaker 1: To be honest, what do you want to make a film about?
Speaker 3: I like unconventional love stories, so not just like cheesy ass ones, but maybe like I've had an interesting relationship with my mom as well, so it's like maybe I should make a film about that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a love hate relationship in a in a brief. What what happened with your mom? You can't even make it a brief.
Speaker 3: I mean like it's just like growing up with a single mom that a little bit unstable as well. So you're you're growing, you're raising that, you're raising another human too, you.
Speaker 2: Know, as a child. Well, damn, what's your name again?
Speaker 3: Phoenix Moon?
Speaker 2: Phoenix Moon? I love your attitude, man, Thank you for sharing your story. No problem.
Speaker 1: Anything you want to say to the people of the Computer Living Life, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Come have a s Come have a sit. What's up? Green Man?
Speaker 7: And ship, bro, I'm coming all the way from Arkansas up here in La West Coast. Baby, you know I love it the It never rains in southern California and ship like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm cool.
Speaker 7: You know, the weather is good, the atmosphere is good. I'm drunk and ship.
Speaker 5: You know what you want to ask me? Ask me though, green Man?
Speaker 2: You're drunking ship right now? Right now? How much what you what are we? What are we drunk on?
Speaker 7: Tequila Odo tequila in my Memphis with Willie cut.
Speaker 2: This is Hosequavo tequila. Okay? Nice? Now, is there an occasion of some kind or just like.
Speaker 7: Man, my friend, we've been for instance, fourth motherfucking grade.
Speaker 2: So it came down to Cali.
Speaker 7: Just just vacation, you know, just chill this after Mother's Day, just get away from everything and you.
Speaker 2: Know, living the fucking life. You know.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: So so when you're not on vacation, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Ship? Not a motherfucking thing.
Speaker 7: At home, taking care of the children, working every day like the ship.
Speaker 5: That's what we do. Nothing, not a motherfucking thing. That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: That's why I like vacation. Children. So you have kids and how what what are the How old are they? What are their lives?
Speaker 7: Ten year old and a five year old? It's like taekwon though. It's like swimming lessons, it's like schoolwork.
Speaker 2: It's just a basic you.
Speaker 5: Know, being a mother shit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, mother.
Speaker 5: Shit like that?
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice?
Speaker 1: So where where where are your kids at while while you're on vacation.
Speaker 7: Wonder with his dad and one it's with his grandmother. So they're safe, you know, you know that's awesome. And I'm just you know, I hear getting drunk and fucking walking in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love this fucking life.
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite thing about being a mother.
Speaker 5: It's just like mother motivation.
Speaker 2: Motherhood motivates you.
Speaker 7: You know, even if like you don't have four to look you don't look forward to things for yourself as a mother, you look forward to things like you have to do things for your children. Yeah, it's just an instant motivation.
Speaker 5: Motivation, Like I have to go to work every day, I'm gonna work out.
Speaker 7: Even if I don't give a fuck about myself, I give a care about these kids.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna work out and work every day.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do the best that I can to be the best mother. So yeah, motherhood is a motivation. You know.
Speaker 2: The kids come before anything.
Speaker 7: They don't ask to be here, and it's our responsibility to take care of them.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I love that. So do you feel like I do?
Speaker 1: You find yourself almost like you're living vicariously through them, like you're they're you know, getting their black belts in taekwondo or whatever it is, and you're almost feel like you're you're living those accomplishments through them and living.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everything my kids accomplished, you know, I'm living through them, I'm living.
Speaker 2: In So Yeah, what do you hope for? How old did you say sixteen and five or six and five, sixteen and five, sixteen and five?
Speaker 1: Okay, so those are two like staunch age differences the prior. Yeah, so what tell me about your relationship with the sixteen year old?
Speaker 2: Like, do you guys? Are you guys close? You hang out? We're really close.
Speaker 7: We don't hang out a light because of course at sixteen you're your own girl. He cost me, so I get something like mother, But you know, he told me, and my sixteen year old is very, very mature, very intelligent, so he says, Mom, you've nurtured me, you know, my whole life.
Speaker 5: It's time to let go. So I let go and I just let him do a thing.
Speaker 7: Very good kid, stone minded, very smart, so I just kind of let him, you.
Speaker 5: Know, do whatever.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. What about the five year old? What are they like already?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Spider fucking Man just Peter Parker. He thinks he's like, you can't tell him he's not Peter Parker. He has a costume, he has every Spider Man tour. He think he is Peter Parker.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I saw a Spider Man walking around. Oh yeah, you gotta take a picture, but like, yes, who mom met?
Speaker 7: We did, and actually I took them to Disney Orlando.
Speaker 5: Males's money. He did see Spider.
Speaker 2: Man, so did he freak out?
Speaker 7: He was like taking pictures like he yeah. So you know, a five year old, you're doing spairy tale life.
Speaker 5: You don't really understand anything.
Speaker 7: You can't comprehend you know, life, it's help so you just think you're you're a sniper man, you know totally.
Speaker 2: Are you learning anything from them?
Speaker 7: I learned a lot through them every day, Like peering in does not come with an instruction of manual, not come with a manu. You just learned day by day, you know, So it's always a learning process.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: I love your energy. You clearly are a great mother. You deserve this vacation.
Speaker 2: I'm so for you. Is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Yes? Everyone, just live your life.
Speaker 7: This world is getting crazy, but you know, just try to stay positive every day, every day that you open your eyes, just be grateful for being alive and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed it and fucking joy.
Speaker 1: Where are you off to next after after this? Where We're going.
Speaker 7: To go to Rodeo Jobe and you know, Venus Beach and just fucking Kiki and drink some more tequila.
Speaker 2: Baby, tequila is lie. What's your name again? My name is Risha.
Speaker 7: All the way from Arkansas, baby in La Arkansas to La Baby kicking it hard, Risha.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you, Doug. Thank you for talking to a real gecko. Yeah, what's up? Boss? I love your shirt? Hello? Thank you for those who you have? You have these? These what these are reptiles? You have?
Speaker 8: Kameli all shirt Comelians. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good man? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm great? This is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we listened to you on.
Speaker 8: The way here. Yeah, all the way from Alabama.
Speaker 2: You from Alabama. She was just from Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Are those I don't know actually where those two places are from, but they sound like they're next to each other, far away.
Speaker 2: They're far away.
Speaker 8: It took us like thirty two hours to get here.
Speaker 1: When I think of Alabama and when I think of Arkansas, I really think of the same place.
Speaker 9: It's essentially Yeah, what is it like? You know, it's warm, it's really humid. I mean, it's perfect for lizards. A lot of trees a lot more than around here. You see a lot of rocks around here, but this is tree land and then rednecks.
Speaker 2: So who are you here with? Is that?
Speaker 9: This is my girlfriend Bethany? Okay, nice, I'm Cody by the way, Cody with a K, Cody with.
Speaker 2: Cody with a K.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's different.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, awesome. Well how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm done?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So here from Arkansas, Alabama? What is this your first time in LA?
Speaker 8: This is the first time in LA?
Speaker 1: Okay, how are how tell me your your your thoughts?
Speaker 8: Well, so far, it's good. We got here yesterday we went to the Santa Monica Peer. Yeah, loved it. It was beautiful.
Speaker 9: Then we went to bed and then first day here we came straight to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Yeah, and I just took pictures with a lot of stars.
Speaker 1: Is there a star in particular that you you have been looking for?
Speaker 8: You really want to know?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I had to find Donald Trump's like that that was the one. Yeah, yeah, that was the one I want.
Speaker 2: To take picture with. And did you find it?
Speaker 8: Pictures right over there? It's not that far away?
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice?
Speaker 1: What what what what made you want to find Donald Trump's so bad?
Speaker 8: Just you know?
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is he a personal hero of yours?
Speaker 8: I thought he was a good president to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Now you live in uh in Alabama?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? And is that I feel like that's probably the popular sentiment in Alabama.
Speaker 8: It is. It is very popular there, Okay, more so than here. I will say, do you.
Speaker 1: Do you get a lot of pushback.
Speaker 2: When you tell people that.
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 9: I haven't really talked about it. You're the first one. You seem very nice about it?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: Do do people?
Speaker 1: I'm not a very combative guy or whatever, but I get go, I get I mean, do people have you found yourself in a lot of political arguments with people?
Speaker 9: Not really? Like where we live, it's pretty much the exact same especially what I want to go to into like college. Yeah, it's like everybody thinks the same way. It's all from America, no matter what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you so do you do you desire to be in a place where people think the same way or just part of you want to be you know, around other people.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 9: Degree is in chemistry, Okay. And what I want to do is I want to make nuclear weapons?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you want to make nuclear weapons for Donald Trump, for just America?
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 9: You know, just in case where I want to work in like an anti defense you know, ministry or whatever.
Speaker 8: I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 9: You know, if a missile comes to America, I want to be able to like shoot it down or yeah whatnot, you know, dissolve it in air.
Speaker 2: Yeah? So you want to make nuclear weapons?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you in college now?
Speaker 9: I am. I'm a junior. I'm going into senior year. This is my like senior or summer break?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So what grade level do they start to teach you how to make nuclear weapons?
Speaker 9: Probably a senior year Okay, I'm really excited about it, waiting through some really hard chemistry classes.
Speaker 1: Do you know how to make any Like do you sit in your room and like make Molotov cocktails and shit like that.
Speaker 9: No, but it's pretty easy to learn. You just can't really google it as long as you know what you're talking about. Yeah, okay, this is an interesting story.
Speaker 2: So you want to make nuclear weapons. What do you now? At what point in your career do you get to make the nuclear weapons?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like fresh out of college, so fresh you have to do an internship with the nucleus or wherever they make.
Speaker 9: It's like long extensive background checks, like years. I mean, I'm probably gonna be a hit list one day. Yeah, I gotta be careful. Yeah, but all you've seen in the movies is probably real.
Speaker 2: Really Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you are a trustworthy guy? Like people can trust you with nuclear codes?
Speaker 9: And?
Speaker 8: Absolutely? Okay, absolutely without doubt.
Speaker 1: If you had access to unlimited nuclear power, what would you do with it?
Speaker 8: I would make a nuclear powered car.
Speaker 2: You'd make a new Can you power a car with nucleuses?
Speaker 8: I don't know. Have we ever seen it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 8: We're gonna.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a job waiting.
Speaker 1: There's a job lined up for you at like Tesla or something to make the nuclear cars.
Speaker 8: I sure hope so, man, that'd be amazing. We saw Johnny Depp.
Speaker 2: Start, Johnny Depp start A big fan of Johnny Depp.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm not worried about it, you know. But my girlfriend here, Bethany, she's loving this court case. Can we talked to her because she she would love.
Speaker 2: To come come hither.
Speaker 1: You can you can take take a knee next to them or whatever. You're cool with because you're not gonna fit on that chair.
Speaker 2: But how's it going to Beth? How did you two meet?
Speaker 11: We work together at the police department?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: Are you both? What do you do with the police department?
Speaker 8: A dispatcher and and I'm a security guard?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had to like be in a situation where like you were put in danger and you had to like, uh, you know, like fight someone or something.
Speaker 9: Not yet, No, I just buildings, to be honest with you, Okay, it's pretty fine.
Speaker 5: I talked to those people on the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think of Los Angeles here?
Speaker 12: For?
Speaker 2: Is it your first time as well? It is? And what do you think of it compared to Alabama?
Speaker 9: It's a lot more people, a lot more people, a lot more buildings, but it's it's.
Speaker 2: A really cool. Do you like people in buildings or is that too much stimulus for you?
Speaker 11: Sometimes?
Speaker 13: I do, in like small increments, but I mean it's good for a few days.
Speaker 2: I couldn't live here though. Were you just as excited as Cody was to find the Donald Trump star? Nah?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to find Johnny Depp STARO.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you so you came. You both had a star you wanted to find.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: M Well, guys, thank you for talking to a real gecko.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that either of you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 8: You know what, follow your dreams, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and have fun. I like that.
Speaker 1: I you know what, man, I hope I hope that you're able to uh uh, you know, play with nuclear weapons and a safe environment.
Speaker 8: Safe, very safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, thank you for talking to a gacho.
Speaker 8: Guys, thank you for talking to a chameleon.
Speaker 2: Come hither, my friends, we have another man. We have another guy. All right. So you're from Norway?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh, what is your life like?
Speaker 14: My life has been pretty rare to pass the year I was a stage student in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: You're sanctioned exchange students. Oh, you're an exchange student in Kansas City? What was that like?
Speaker 13: Different?
Speaker 14: You know, I've been driving everywhere. I usually take the bus. Yeah, I met a lot of new people.
Speaker 2: Got fat. You're America.
Speaker 1: You show me your stomach, you have not. We're definitely different.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're a little bit more than me.
Speaker 1: But but it's okay, it's okay, this is America. It's okay. To look like this.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my mom said I need to go on the diet when I come home.
Speaker 2: But she did, she did. What does she want you to start eating instead? Oat meal for breakfast and fish?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: Do you have a Do you have a good relationship with your mom? I do, Yes, it's really good relationship. Yeah. My dad's right here. So oh nice.
Speaker 14: So, uh he wants to I want to go shopping, but he wants to go running.
Speaker 2: Can we can we talk to your dad? Do you want to talk on the camera? You can take a knee. He can't speak English? What's up?
Speaker 16: What are you saying something about me?
Speaker 2: Or how?
Speaker 17: How?
Speaker 2: Are you very fine?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 16: You'll Stein or Justin?
Speaker 2: Justin? It's Justin's youre the American name?
Speaker 16: That's my yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what what what what brings you guys on holiday to Los Angeles?
Speaker 15: Well, it's uh something we heard about, I say, heard about, you know, from being a child. Yeah, I mean it's uh the you know, the interesting place to come.
Speaker 16: So now we're finally here.
Speaker 1: And this is your first time here in Hollywood? Yeah, and what do you think?
Speaker 16: Well, it's uh, it's a big place.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's it's a lot of cars, to be honest, I mean it's.
Speaker 1: A bit noisy, it's a bit dirty, definitely.
Speaker 15: So so what my suggestion would be to to just remove the cars from this streets.
Speaker 2: All remove the cars now? And uh and where where in Norway do you guys live.
Speaker 16: Just outside o.
Speaker 1: That's the capital? And do you guys? Thanks for the good catch all right, so oz is a capital. You guys have just had said the capitol? And are there a lot of cars? Are there a lot of cars in Oslo?
Speaker 16: No, there's much much less.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm going there next.
Speaker 16: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: You can go with there.
Speaker 15: You know, you can walk, of course, bicycles, skates, but a lot of outside restaurants everywhere, which is nice cozy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if there's no cars, how do people get around?
Speaker 15: So you've got a metro system, tramp system, bus system and these electric or the you know the the the bicycles and these you know what do you call them?
Speaker 16: The you know the ones, the electric things you can stand on right.
Speaker 2: The electric scooters? Yeah, yeah, scooters. Yeah.
Speaker 16: So that's the modern city management. I mean, so, to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed about Hall of fame.
Speaker 2: I mean it's really I mean, look at this.
Speaker 15: They are nice, but but the rest here, there's huge potential and you're not able to.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I should careful what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Don't you know what you're saying?
Speaker 4: You're talking to millions of people here.
Speaker 1: No, I no, no, I think the people need to hear what what here? I would like to think that, uh, if you know. I don't know if the mayor of Hollywood is watching this video right now, but if he were, I would hope you'd be receptive to these new ideas. Now, you say, there's a lot of potential around here that's not being used. What would you do with that potential?
Speaker 15: There's so much fun things, so much closer things, so much attractive things you could put here in the middle if you managed to get just the way the cars. It could be restaurants, it could be, you know, a nice place to walk. It could be fontinas, it could be you know, it could change nightclubs.
Speaker 2: Do you guys, do you go to night clubs a lot? Or I'm not I'm not old enough.
Speaker 4: Next year?
Speaker 2: Eh, how old are you? Seventeen?
Speaker 13: Seventeen?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nice?
Speaker 10: Nice?
Speaker 2: So I'm soon graduating in Norway? What are you what are you gonna do when you go? Where are you gonna? How does Norway work?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Do you guys go to college? University? What's it called? The universities?
Speaker 14: And and for graduation we party in the buses for we're partying a bus for thirty days.
Speaker 1: For thirty days? Yes, did you do this when you went to college?
Speaker 15: No, it's it's really exploded over the last year. So I you know, when I was young and we didn't do that. No, it was more like a four days thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have a good relationship with each other? Yeah, I will say so. Yes, that's nice. I haven't I saw him for the first time in a year.
Speaker 14: Oh really last week or two weeks ago, because you were here for a year and yeah, no, right, So it was during I went to a Catholic store school Catholic school, so during mass, church mass things, he walks in and was there, and then that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I noticed by the way, I don't know if you make really great eye contact.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I utilized that more than Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people they sort of their eyes like will dart around or they look away, but I've noticed you've made very good eye contact the entire time I've been talking to you. I'm impressed by it. I don't know if that's like a like a European thing.
Speaker 15: Well, no, not necessarily, and I don't think it Nassali innuitch later because we are known to be a bit try you know.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that you guys want to say to the people of the computer before we go. It's been lovely talking to you guys.
Speaker 2: I hope it is halla. Uh.
Speaker 15: Thanks, I was not talking to you frog and looking forward to coming back here in five years when the street it's been closed off, of course, and it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they take they're gonna watch this video and they're gonna take all of your suggestions, and when you come back in five years, it'll be beautiful.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 18: Uh, don't forget to live life beautiful. Bye bye, guys. Names again, Jacob, Jacob, Nice to meet you. Nice to Meetsteine. Nice to meet you, dude. I just wanted to check all you take care of boys.
Speaker 1: Let your guys here come over, come talk to a gecko.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 11: My name is Ariana.
Speaker 6: What is your name?
Speaker 2: Oh my gecko. Guy, guy, what's your life like, Ariana?
Speaker 12: My life is fucking crazy. I'm so thankful to be talking to you right now.
Speaker 2: Your life is fucking crazy. Why is it crazy?
Speaker 12: I'm here for a month. I'm from Colorado, but I'm living in Florida. Life is crazy. Life is crazy, you know. I'm always just trying to be onto the what's next?
Speaker 2: You know? Okay, so you're always trying to be on the what's next? What is next?
Speaker 11: What is next? I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Do you want to be next?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: Before we get into that, I've asked you too many thought provoking questions.
Speaker 2: What's right now? That's easier to answer right now?
Speaker 11: Right now is enjoying life? You know? Right now, I'm just trying to take it all in. I got my man.
Speaker 12: Over here and nice, nice, just living Hollywood Boulevard living.
Speaker 11: I'm with the gecko. I'm with the fucking gecko.
Speaker 6: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay? So you're living in Hollywood Boulevard?
Speaker 1: You said you Okay, you gave me like three different places where you live. You were like Florida, Colorado and now here. But you're here for a month. Why are you here for a month to just fuck off, just to okay, it's not like a work thing or a school thing.
Speaker 2: No, it was a fire hazards I don't know. It is a hazard. We'll hold on to it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's not a work thing, it's not a school thing. You're just here like living, chilling. Yeah, what do you do for work or school?
Speaker 11: I go to school. I'm going to be a marine biologist.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you like so much about the marines that you want a biology?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 11: It just it just calls to me.
Speaker 12: Everybody has something that calls to them, and that's where I'm being called.
Speaker 2: Do you do you go into the ocean very often?
Speaker 12: I love the ocean. I'm getting my scuba diving certification right now.
Speaker 1: Really, have you ever been face to face with like a terrifying sea creature like an octopus?
Speaker 2: Or No?
Speaker 11: I haven't not yet. I haven't been lucky enough.
Speaker 1: What is there sea creature that you would desire to live? I mean desire to see whale shark? A whale shark.
Speaker 12: And he's seen them before. My boyfriend has seen whale sharks before.
Speaker 2: Is your boyfriend also a marine biologist? Guy?
Speaker 11: Jealous of him actually, but no he's not.
Speaker 2: What are you jealous of him about that?
Speaker 11: He's seen whale sharks and I have not.
Speaker 2: What is it about whale sharks to call to.
Speaker 11: You big gentle giants.
Speaker 1: Big gentle giants, so they don't bite it. They're not the type of sharks that kill people. Okay, So you want to be a marine biologist. You're here in California for a month. What have you done so far as being here that has excited you.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm trying trying to trying to.
Speaker 12: Trying to work, and that was exciting new places to try to work.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm a I'm a dancer.
Speaker 2: You're a dancer.
Speaker 11: I'm a dancer.
Speaker 2: Okay, what kind of what kind of dancing like outside? Outside? Dancing like in establishments? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, oh okay, okay, And have you been have you been working dancing here?
Speaker 2: And I'm trying? Okay?
Speaker 12: How does how does that work in the water?
Speaker 2: Is this go? And you like you guessed at the places?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is that is that lucrative? Yeah? Okay? Do you do you enjoy the work you do?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 2: Okay, It's great.
Speaker 11: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Actually, why really, why do you hate that you love it? Is there a shame to loving it?
Speaker 11: There is so much shame? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I I well, you know, I feel like there's you know, I have friends who dance, and I feel like there's the whole like, you know, you're just sort of doing it like to make ends me. And then there are people who, you know, they seem to like enjoy the art of it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I enjoy it. I love it honestly, It's really fun. And it took me a while to get comfortable, like even saying that that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 11: Here we are.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Are you still sort of getting used to being comfortable talking about it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 11: Look how uncomfortable I am right now? Yes, because the world looks at it like it's just the worst.
Speaker 1: Thing, you know, really, so you get pushed back from people a lot about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what about your family?
Speaker 12: My whole family knows. I couldn't lie to them, and they're supportive. Obviously they don't like it, but they don't I'm a free spirit. I'm doing doing my thing totally.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: As long as they know I'm safe, then it's okay.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, So you what do you do you enjoy like the uh, the the expression of.
Speaker 2: It, the I don't know what it is.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to figure it out because it has to be something that I'm I like about it.
Speaker 11: It's it's not the attention.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's it's I guess.
Speaker 11: It's just fun.
Speaker 12: It's easy to talk to people, and it's easy to talk to guys and and get money from them.
Speaker 11: It sounds bad, So.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it sounds bad.
Speaker 1: Here's why I don't think it sounds bad, because you're phrasing it like it's easy to talk to people, and you're providing a service that people find valuable. They find it so valuable that they're willing to pay for it is the economy.
Speaker 2: This is any job, the economy, you know.
Speaker 1: So you genuinely enjoy the conversations that you have with people that come to see you, then I do?
Speaker 2: I do? I do.
Speaker 12: They're interesting people and I take I take what I can from them.
Speaker 1: Like it that much different from me doing this talking to people exactly?
Speaker 2: What do what do people? What kinds of things do people like to talk to you about? Oh?
Speaker 11: My gosh, they're everything kind of like you're a therapist.
Speaker 1: Not really well do you, uh, because you know, people tell me a lot of stuff, and when they do, I'm you know, some of it obviously can be like intense.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you've experienced that, but then sometimes they're.
Speaker 1: Kind of like, huh, It's like it's it's pretty interesting to be in a position where people like tell you about stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you do you feel get that feeling.
Speaker 11: And I'm thankful that I get to be in that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel the same way exactly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's dope, sexy Geka.
Speaker 2: Thanks Doug. See, we're doing the same thing.
Speaker 12: People are calling you just as they do me, and we take pride in you know exactly.
Speaker 2: I can totally see why.
Speaker 1: I mean, also with the guesting thing, I feel like that's cool, right, because that's a cool opportunity to like go to a new place, meet new people. I'm sure you you know, probably make friends with the other dancers and they have things to talk about.
Speaker 2: It's friendships there. There's lots I can see lots of things in that in that lifestyle. Positive things.
Speaker 11: Yes, awesome, Yeah, here we are.
Speaker 1: Is there anything, uh that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go any final thoughts about life, about this, you know, this conversation about Hollywood, about you, about God, about SpongeBob.
Speaker 2: Give it, give us, give us the tea.
Speaker 11: The tea is drive fast and take chances.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 11: Do you do you mind talking to Sure?
Speaker 2: I'll bring them over here. We'll talk. We'll talk to him real quick. Oh for sure? Have you washed the suit? Have I washed the suit?
Speaker 4: At least?
Speaker 1: Are you do?
Speaker 2: You want to smell it? Yeah? And you you smell it and you tell me minty fastness.
Speaker 1: Bro, I think you have this. Okay, I thank you for saying that. Hey, thank you boss. What's in this bag?
Speaker 2: This bag? Yeah?
Speaker 17: Here, well there, this is my sister stuff. We went to the lunch store.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And for those who don't know, she's I don't know if I might turn this into an audio thing, but she's holding a big yellow bag and there's a big what is what this off animal in here?
Speaker 2: The receipts flying away?
Speaker 1: Do you need the receipt Okay, you don't need all right, it's going into the giant pile of trash that is Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Can I can I feel this thing?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 17: I can hold it the privilege and oh this is BTS is brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Oh are you a big BTS fan.
Speaker 17: My sister is a bigger BTS fan. We recently went to Las Vegas concert. Today we're actually for the twice concert, so we're excited for that.
Speaker 1: My friend is a BTS fan, and BTS fans they're crazy. That was not like a I mean, I don't say that derogatorily, but like they the passion. That's better way They'll go to the same concert in multiple cities. Well, my friend was like, I'm going to the BTS concert in Vegas and then we're gonna go again and Carroll and then we're gonna go again in Phoenix. And I'm like, oh, are they like doing different songs in each one, and so like no, it's the exact same show, you know.
Speaker 17: I was like that was my sister as well, because she's she's the one that wants to go to the concerts and stuff, and I'm like, you already went once, why do you want to go again? Like I'm like, you're just spending a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 17: But then I went to a concert with her and then I understood it's like every time.
Speaker 6: It's like a different experience because they.
Speaker 17: Switch it up sometimes and I don't know, it's like it's unique, and I really think it's worth it at the end, like I understood, I came around because from an outsider's perspective, like it's easy to think that it's just like it's the same thing over and over like but no, it's like the way they interact and like little it's it's different.
Speaker 6: I don't know how to explain it. I guess you just have to be.
Speaker 2: There for those who don't know.
Speaker 1: If there are those who don't know, BTS is a Korean boy band that are like, they're probably more would you say they're more popular than like the Beatles were when they were popular.
Speaker 2: Are they getting there?
Speaker 6: They're probably Yeah, they're pretty high up there.
Speaker 1: So all right, so what tell me about the BTS kool aid and what made you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 17: I guess my sister is the one to drink it, so I follow along and we just got really into it and I draw, So I draw a lot.
Speaker 1: Of do you ever like draw them fan art and like DM it to them hoping that they'll respond.
Speaker 17: No, I think they're very busy. I don't think they're they'll care about that.
Speaker 1: Look, there's always a chance. What's the I don't know any of the guys' names. What's the main guy?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, the group of the leader is r Army, right, R M is the leader the leader.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and then like Defence's army, so you're part of army.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So the BTS guys do you are do you like love them? Do you feel do you feel as though you have your own personal relationship with them?
Speaker 2: Relationship?
Speaker 17: Probably not me, but I get my sister. She's like there's me and then there's her, Like she's.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're gonna find out you don't even have a sister. You're just like.
Speaker 17: Projected you to a random person to shame to a minute, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: There's a theme running through this uh this episode. So I don't know if you heard of the girl we just told you. There's a theme of shame. But why have shame about anything? Why not just live and just you know? I like this guy. It was this guy's name that I'm holding right now, Tata.
Speaker 2: He's not one. He's not a member of the band, is he.
Speaker 17: No, he's like a mascot, like a little character.
Speaker 2: I feel like I needed my own mascot, a gecko.
Speaker 6: You could like totally make a plushy.
Speaker 2: Is that your sister? Yeah?
Speaker 6: That's She's not make me ts fan right there?
Speaker 2: Okay, what what is you guys relationship? Like? Oh, we're like.
Speaker 6: We're super close, Like we always do things together.
Speaker 17: We even go to the same college. At first, we didn't really like each other when I was small. My mom told me that I kind of try to kill her, like suffocate her because she was getting the tension. But then we're really good friends now, Like.
Speaker 2: Your mom told you that when you were young, you tried to kill your.
Speaker 6: Suffocate her with like the blankets.
Speaker 2: And really yeah you you like, what was the second what do you do? You do you remember this? I don't remember you don't remember this?
Speaker 1: Oka, because I was gonna ask you, like, is there do you remember any sort of motive?
Speaker 17: I was probably jealous because we're like three years apart, so I went from being like the only child to having a sister.
Speaker 2: Oh see the older one. Yeah, you're a little bitjeous of the attention.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, basically, yeah, she decided to kill her. Yeah, but it didn't work out. But you know, things worked out at the end.
Speaker 2: Did you do it at night? Did you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 17: I think it was maybe like the afternoon. Maybe, I'm not sure it was it was something.
Speaker 2: How many times did you try to kill her?
Speaker 6: Ah? I think it's just that once, that one time.
Speaker 2: And are you glad that that that that she didn't die? And then you guys concerts? Now where does she go?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm very thankful for her.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love you.
Speaker 1: Is there any any final thoughts, feeling sentiments that you want to uh relate to the people of the computer.
Speaker 17: I'm very happy to be here. Uh, just good luck with live one day at a time. Uh do things that sometimes you feel like you're too scared to do because you never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I guess, oh, when's the last time you did something you were you were scared to do this?
Speaker 2: This you're scared. You're scared to do this, You're scared to coming.
Speaker 17: This is totally out of my comfort zone because I'm very introvert.
Speaker 6: I don't talk to anybody.
Speaker 17: I'm like on my third year of college and haven't made a single like college friend. Really, Yeah, because I'm I'm a little like shaky right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you so you are or your third year, have you like done anything to put yourself out.
Speaker 6: There at all, like a graphic designers?
Speaker 17: So, like, I like it's funny though, because me and my sister have like this little business and we go to events and we sell like my stickers and stuff like that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like that's where like I'm just like.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would have thought I would think you'd meet a lot of people doing that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we do, And I'm just it's just horrible like talking to people and like keeping talk like I don't know, it's just it's something that it's very like scary for me, like personally, and like I feel like a lot of people can relate to that, Yeah, because it's a scary like it looks. Especially with social media it's easy to like be behind the screen and totally yeah, and so yeah, this is like totally out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 2: Oh you're doing a great job. I wouldn't have never known that. You seem like you've been talking to people all your life.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Do you are you in any clubs?
Speaker 17: No? Unfortunately no, but I should probably should probably join a club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well where do you go to well, like you don't tell me does school? But like where what like city or place.
Speaker 2: Do you go to? Yah? Is there a BTS club in San Diego?
Speaker 6: There probably is a k pop clubs?
Speaker 1: Start going to the k pop Yeah that's there's like a ton of people at the k pop club that you would jive with perfectly.
Speaker 6: I think nothing. That's very true.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you can muster up the courage to talk to a strange green man in front of a bunch of internet people, you should go to the k pop club.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I should do it. I'm gonna put it on my to do list.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. What's your name again?
Speaker 6: Julia?
Speaker 2: Julia? Thank you very much for coming and talking.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm very glad you did and you were awesome. Man, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 17: And it's okay to give you stuff, to give you something or can I give you something.
Speaker 2: Or like money? You know, you don't have to give me money.
Speaker 6: I couldn't find like anything like Gecko related.
Speaker 2: But what you bought these specifically for me?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: I got the stores right there. The turtle chips.
Speaker 16: Dude, thank you man.
Speaker 1: Turtle Chips. Oh he does he kind of does. Look like me a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he does a little more magical.
Speaker 2: Dude, Julia, thank you very much. Man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got to eat these while I'm wearing the costume.
Speaker 6: Yeah, enhances the experience.
Speaker 1: I feel like it'll enhance the experience exactly, dude, Julia, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Dog, Thank you. Good luck to you guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you, luck to you guys too.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 1: Come on in, Yeah, yeah, sit down. Yeah, shout out to Julia. I liked her. I don't know if you were watching that, but she she definitely. We've had a few people today who, like I could tell, they were like a little nervous to come on over and chat, but they did a great job.
Speaker 2: Like I couldn't tell that she was nervous.
Speaker 1: She's very friendly, very cool, and I think if she does go to that K pop club like she'll she'll find people that fuck with her that you know, a former little gang, and then all of a sudden, she'll find herself in a in a van or something with you know, six of her best friends and they're all, you know, quitting their jobs and lives to follow bts all over the cut and it'll be a great time.
Speaker 2: Maybe so maybe. So what's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Dylan.
Speaker 2: Dylan, nice to meet you. I'm a lizard guy.
Speaker 1: You have a pair of binoculars around your neck, do what are What have you been looking at with those?
Speaker 19: Like people and sites like the Hollywood Sign and stuff like that, because I'm a tourist here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've been looking at people?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You So the people that you're looking at do they know that you're looking at them? Probably not?
Speaker 1: What do you what kind of people have you been looking at with those binoculars? Like just just random peoples?
Speaker 10: Random people?
Speaker 19: Yeah, like people watch a little bit, not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you What do you look for when you're looking at people?
Speaker 10: Cool people?
Speaker 19: Because I feel like people in different areas, Yeah, like look different because I'm from Georgia. Nice, So the people here look different from the people that I usually see in Georgia.
Speaker 2: It's a little weird. No, well that's interesting to me. What way do they look different?
Speaker 19: I think it's I think it's really a lot of fashion, to be honest, and you know, like generally like hairstyles too, So like a lot of fashion and hairstyles mainly, But I mean there's other other little details too. I haven't really seen a whole lot of people like specifically that really stand out a whole lot though. Yeah, I've only been here like maybe forty eight hours something like that.
Speaker 1: So you're doing like because you're not looking for specific kind You're not like looking for a guy with a red hat. No, Like you're doing like a version of like bird watching, where they have like a little book and they're looking for specific kind.
Speaker 2: Of birds, right, exactly, all right, So I.
Speaker 1: Want to get more into this people watching thing. Who is the who is the most interesting person that you have observed with these binoculars?
Speaker 2: Let me think, Let me think, take your time.
Speaker 19: I think I saw a guy. He was like halfway inside of a building, but I saw him. He was he was like reaching his hand like fully in his pants, like from.
Speaker 2: Behind, And was he jack and off?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 19: I don't, I hope not, because it was kind of a public area and I was half his body was in the house and like the backside of him wasn't.
Speaker 2: I really think he was digging for gold. He kind of scratches, so he was halfway inside of his house.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, I don't even think it was a house. It was just it looked like some like like odd building. It wasn't really a home, I don't think, but I'm not sure what he was doing.
Speaker 1: And he had okay, so he had his hand in the back of his pants, not the front. So he wasn't jacking off, but he was picking his.
Speaker 2: Ass most likely.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you do you pick your ass? I don't, not a public but do you know, I mean, the whole the theme of this podcast today is you know, shame, and we're trying to get to feel less shame you know about various things they do with their life.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, picking their ass.
Speaker 19: I don't really feel shamed about a lot of things that I do. I'm pretty open usually that yeah, most mostly mostly I think there's some things that aren't really socially acceptable to do in public. Yes, but it's not really a shame. It's just like a I know that I shouldn't do that in public type of thing.
Speaker 1: All right, No, you probably shouldn't pick your ass in public. Yeah, I've started, you know, I've started trying to do more is pick my nose in public because picking your ass, like you obviously you shouldn't jack off in public. You probably shouldn't pick your ass in public, But picking your nose in public, I don't feel like is horrifically egregious. It's more so just embarrassing to you, yeah, not like egregious to anyone who sees you do it.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I mean, if you have like a napkin or something that you can wipe your hand off with afterward, I guess like it's all right. I don't understand why you wouldn't just use the napkin to go in the nose in the first place. But if you're just going in there, just a bare finger, a little odd, but nothing too crazy. Not that I'm saying like I would see that, I'd maybe take a double take, and.
Speaker 4: Then I go on with my day.
Speaker 2: You're from Georgia, right, Yes, sir?
Speaker 9: Do you.
Speaker 1: Bring the binoculars around with you in Georgia and watch people in the parks and stuff?
Speaker 19: Because I've lived there, so I know I see. I mean, I generally, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you know every person Georgia, I do not know.
Speaker 1: But you're you're you're bored with Georgia. You don't think the people there are even worth watching. You feel like you know everything you need to know about them seeing most Okay, what brings you here to Los Angeles?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 19: Well, my dad's here own business, but the rest of our families here kind of like as a vacation in a way, and our dad's doing some vacation with us as well for sure.
Speaker 2: So it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: It's pretty fun. We're just uh going around.
Speaker 19: This is my first time like in Las Vegas, like on this side of the US as well. So I touched the Pacific Ocean for the first time the water.
Speaker 2: Did you watch people there?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 19: No, because I was just stopping by on the beach. But we're gonna go back later. Most likely, I'm upset.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with the people watching thing because it's interesting to me. Do you do you take notes when you watch? When you watch people? Like, do you maybe do you let things down?
Speaker 19: Maybe like a mental thing because these aren't These aren't like super powerful binoculars because they're kind of small.
Speaker 4: Only it's like an eight timesmag I.
Speaker 1: Made the genius idea of setting up right next all right, the street.
Speaker 2: But what are you saying?
Speaker 19: Yeah, But they're not like super like super high magnification or anything.
Speaker 10: It's just like eight times.
Speaker 19: So, uh, you know, I just kind of I'm not really taking like notes, like physical notes, but it maybe like a mental note, like that's a cool like shirt or a cool hat that guy's got on, or like I can like be like at a hotel and I can like just look down and be like, oh, that guy's eating ruffles, and he's like eating ruffles on a bench that's like all the way down there.
Speaker 1: Man, You've made me more paranoid because now every time I'm like picking my ass or whatever, but I'm gonna be like, oh, someone's watching with their binocular and.
Speaker 4: I'm not judging. I'm not judging. I'm not judging, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not You're not looking at people with the binoculars in hopes of like judging them, militia.
Speaker 2: You're merely observing the universe as.
Speaker 1: It is, yes, with no particular obser you know, judgments, right exactly. Now, the final thing I want to ask you about the people watching. Have you ever been caught watching somebody? No, nobody's ever been picking their ass looked around like, hey.
Speaker 2: Is that hey you with the binoculars? What are you doing? Don't ever done that?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 4: And I don't know. I mean, I don't really think.
Speaker 19: I mean, if somebody caught me and I was picking my nose and I saw somebody looking at me with binoculars, I'd probably just wave. I maybe feel a little off about it, but nothing too crazy because it public.
Speaker 1: Because you're an open person. Yeah, I guess there's nothing that you're embarrassed to talk about.
Speaker 19: There's no well that that's going a bit far. There obviously are things, but you generally know, okay. I wouldn't do anything in public that I wouldn't be comfortable with somebody saying.
Speaker 2: Dylan, is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 19: We go, Uh, awesome gecko, real gecko, thanks man, obviously. I mean the sign isn't even necessary. I think everybody can tell you're a real gecko by looking at you.
Speaker 2: Thank you deal.
Speaker 1: I get a little bit self conscious about that. Sometimes you have the signs blowing away.
Speaker 19: I hear a lot of people ask you about it, like questioning your gecko, and is I don't think it's right.
Speaker 2: I don't have a.
Speaker 1: Good answers to like the five stock questions people ask you about the gecko, like some guy uh in a Freddie career costume while we were setting up, looked at me and was like, can I buy insurance from you?
Speaker 2: And I knew what he was doing, but I didn't. I don't have like a like a like some cool comeback. I just freeze. I don't know what I say. I look like a dick.
Speaker 19: And but that's you're not too fond of those jokes, right, It's not I'm not fond of them.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know how to respond. Do you have any advice for me? Any Like what would you say if someone was saying that to you and you were in a Gecko cost So.
Speaker 19: Like if it's about car insurance, I guess you could like if you really wanted to be mean, you could say, I hope you're I hope your insurance company like like drops you.
Speaker 4: So that would be mean.
Speaker 19: This is something really mean, like I'll be getting a wreck and they don't cover it or something like that.
Speaker 2: That would be mean. I don't know if I'm dark enough for that. You could.
Speaker 19: You should get there. If people really push you to that point, you should go dark. I believe I think you can do it. You have like a bit of age.
Speaker 12: Hee.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, I think so I really mean spirited. Gek, You're not mean spirited. You know everybody got that that that point though, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I could see myself getting pushed to there, but yeah, I wouldn't do anything crazy. Dylan, thank you for talking to real Gach. I hope you, I hope you find some cool people to watch you. Dylan forever baby.
Speaker 2: That was Dylan Dylan. I like Dylan. He was interesting.
Speaker 1: He uh he had a pair of binoculars on and was watching people.
Speaker 2: So we're on a good streak so far.
Speaker 10: To ruin it.
Speaker 2: I'm Sean, No, you can be a you can be me and if you want to.
Speaker 13: I love your content too much.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, Sean, He said, Okay, well enough about me, Sean. What's going on with you? How's your life?
Speaker 13: It's pretty good, it's pretty good. We're just visiting right now, just helping my brother move in.
Speaker 2: Is there are you with your brother?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, but he's off somewhere right now.
Speaker 20: But he's uh, he got like an internship for this biomedical engineer like company is called, So we're just helping him move in from Florida.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 13: Uh, I just work.
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 13: I just got a job at Kate's Spade again, and then.
Speaker 2: A job at Kate's Spade.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just selling handbags.
Speaker 2: Oh like the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, no, sell handbags, yes sir, Now that's now you're Kate Spade makes products for women.
Speaker 2: They make they don't make like guy handbags.
Speaker 1: It's weird to me that they would hire you to sell handbags you know yourself wouldn't use them.
Speaker 20: It's It's pretty funny though, because uh I kind of like said that to my manager and then she was like, no, it's crazy because since I'm a guy, if I say, like, if this handbag like looks good, there's like a higher chance that person's gonna buy that handbag if as opposed to like.
Speaker 13: If one of my female coworkers did it or something like that.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: I would think that women would trust fashion advice more from other women than they would from men.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 20: But like I kind of swapped it around and thought, like if I went to a suit store, yeah, and there were a bunch of like attractive women telling me, it feels like it's kind of different by the suit. Yeah, and uh, I'm not saying I'm attractive, but you know, you know how it is with the handbags.
Speaker 1: But who is a doggie? It's a nice dog. What else do I want to talk to you about?
Speaker 2: Sean?
Speaker 1: All right, so you work at a handbag place you Uh, what's the biggest problem you have.
Speaker 2: Going on in your life right now? Hm? Hmm? Or do you have done? Your life?
Speaker 14: Is?
Speaker 2: Just peach it?
Speaker 1: That's my that's my view of your life. That's my view of your life right now. You seem like things are going good.
Speaker 20: No, there are problems, but you know, just like anybody else, I just try to get through them.
Speaker 13: And uh, I think the biggest one it's probably having to deal with Uh my parents divorced recently.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, what what are they divorced over? Uh?
Speaker 13: My mom was not a good person?
Speaker 2: Oh why not?
Speaker 6: Mostly just.
Speaker 13: She just lied about who she was a lot to my dad and just a lot of lies and like it.
Speaker 20: And like, once I figured out about all those lies, it made me like a really angry person. Really yeah, like I and I'm not the best when it comes to talking to like my problems with people sometimes, so like I just internalized a lot of it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and like I just became.
Speaker 2: A bit so.
Speaker 1: But you feel comfortable right now talking to me about your problems on an internet?
Speaker 14: Ye?
Speaker 20: Liket Like like I learned, like if I don't open up about it, I'm just gonna like hurt myself in the end over it.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 13: We could talk about it, I mean yeah, like for the content of course.
Speaker 10: A right, So.
Speaker 2: Why was your mom? What was your What kind of things was your mom lying about?
Speaker 10: Mostly just like.
Speaker 13: Seeing other men?
Speaker 2: Okay she was having affairs, Yeah she was.
Speaker 13: It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: And and like.
Speaker 20: This kind of sounds crazy, but like watching some videos you start to learn, like what a narcissist is, and like like I thought I knew what a narcissist was, but like actually watching videos.
Speaker 16: There you go.
Speaker 13: Sorry, watching videos and stuff like that.
Speaker 20: You like learn they really only ever will care about themselves. And whatever she said to me, it was to keep this idea of herself of being like the perfect mother to me instead of actually being a mother to me.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, so so keeping up the image it's more important than actually.
Speaker 20: Being exactly And that was like a huge thing that affected me and my childhood because like she on paper, when ever we're out with people, she was like had this bubbly personality and then like, I don't know, she's just at home, she was just completely different and just horrible to me and like my siblings and stuff like that. So just learning to get through that and work through that, it's been it's been hard, but.
Speaker 2: I'm happy I've.
Speaker 4: Been going through.
Speaker 2: How recently did they get divorced?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Last year? Last year? Okays, this is all very fresh.
Speaker 8: Sure it's not even good for.
Speaker 13: Me to talk about it, but I just wanted to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how are you? How are your brothers dealing with us?
Speaker 20: I think they've been doing pretty good. My brother's younger, I have a younger sister, and then I have an older sister.
Speaker 2: I just got it's a big family, yeah.
Speaker 20: Just just us four and then my older sister and my mom. I've always been estranged. My little sister was the one my mom. Really, my mom really tried to keep on her side. Yeah, but like she didn't realize that my little sisters smarter than she thought she she was.
Speaker 2: So so do you still talk to your mom?
Speaker 13: Very rarely?
Speaker 2: Really, what does she live in like a different place than you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she's in Tennessee right now. We all still live in Florida.
Speaker 20: But I think it's just it's delicate whenever I try to talk to her, because like I've been conflicted on if I should keep up a relationship with her because.
Speaker 2: She's on the end of the day that's a tough one.
Speaker 20: And also having to deal with all the lies and all the other shit she put me through as a kid. And yeah, so that's basically what I'm doing with life right now.
Speaker 2: Has a relationship with your dad?
Speaker 13: Oh, he's fucking awesome. I love my dad.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like he was.
Speaker 20: He was a little strict growing up, but like ever since like I turned eighteen, she's like mellowed out a lot, and he's just always been supportive of me and all my siblings, and I kind of have asked for a better dad.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man. Yeah, so I guess so you don't want to talk to you around that much? You didn't talk to you around that much. Do any of the other brothers talk to the mom? So she's do you do you? Like, did you even know what like what she's doing?
Speaker 13: No, absolutely not, and I really couldn't care a lot.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, do you care?
Speaker 20: But at the end of the day, I will say, I hope she's doing okay.
Speaker 2: See that's good.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's the best way to like sort of run that, because you don't want to be walking around with the whole, even if even if it's true, even if it's warranted, you don't want to be walking around with the whole like fuck my mom, I hate her. I hope she whatever, because I mean, that's just that only hurts you, know, you right to be walking around with that dark energy. So it's uh, I feel like it's a bigger you to be able to like I don't know if you you said if you feel like you necessarily forgive, but that you hope for the best.
Speaker 20: I hope she understands what she really put me and my siblings through. Yeah, and I hope she really does seek forgetting, because I will be here ready to forgive her.
Speaker 1: So she hasn't come to you and said like, hey, I apologize.
Speaker 20: Nothing like that so far, but like that, but if she did, you would I would be open to the I'd be open to the idea of talking to her through it and then like eventually forgiving her for what she did.
Speaker 1: Have you learned anything from this experience that you feel like when it will inform your behavior moving forward.
Speaker 20: I learned not to internalize all my anger and like rage and all that stuff, because it just at the end of the day just made me a miserable person. And like, I'm really thankful for my family and my friends.
Speaker 13: Who were there to help me through all that. And that's really what I learned.
Speaker 20: That's like the biggest lesson is just to be open to forgiving a person, even if they probably won't ever like seek forgiveness.
Speaker 2: And yeah, well it's it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's interesting, right because if you if you are sort of like you know, independently of her coming to you and apologizing, you're forgiving her. You're like, you're not letting her have any like power over you. You're like, I'm not gonna let that that negative energy be boiling in my soul, just you know, for my own sake. So I think I think it takes a lot to be able to do that, but that's that's you know, like I said, that's the right way to go about it.
Speaker 20: I think, Yeah, I just hope. I just hope things get better. But thank you for laying me on your show. Of course here but I love your content again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much for sharing this with this man. I hope it was helpful to you. It actually really was.
Speaker 13: Thank you for this talk.
Speaker 2: Awesome man. Take care. What's your name? Against Sean? Sean? Nice to meet you, man. Come sit? Did you did you who do we have here?
Speaker 1: Kanjo Kanjo, Kanjo, k A and Joe Kanjo, Perfect Conjo and Kazu? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I guess so did you?
Speaker 2: Did you catch any of you talking to Sean about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something about his mom, isn't it?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do this thing where if I'm reflect I want to reflect on the person.
Speaker 2: I just talked to.
Speaker 1: Before we talked to but y know, k I was about to call him kinda Sean. He's telling me about how I his mom was kind of a narcissist. Oh damn uh you know how that was affecting him? Like I like Sean. He seems like he had a cheery attitude.
Speaker 2: He was dude. This happens all the time, where like people will tell me about things.
Speaker 1: That like clearly were like kind of traumatic and hard for them, but they'll do it and this like nonchalant, kind of cheery attitude.
Speaker 2: I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know.
Speaker 21: What that means, but I mean it's like people coming to terms with it. Yeah, like people being happy with it because oh shoot, because you know, like making jokes out of it is the only way that it's kind of like okay, you know totally, and maybe maybe someone might be like, oh shit, like I didn't grow up like that, but yeah, hey, if it's funny to the person doing it, it.
Speaker 4: Ain't no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I liked I like that he was able to like, you know, sort of not harbor his negative emotions, so uh, you know, he he didn't want to carry them around with him, even though that's why it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard to like dump those because they're they're.
Speaker 1: Strong, and you know, a lot of people want a lot of people they want retribution. A lot of people will walk around like this person wronged me. Fuck them. I hope bad things happen to them, but that's that's not the way to go about it. I feel like you're you're happy if you don't do that.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Yeah, like forgiving and letting go is definitely definitely path to the piece.
Speaker 4: It's definitely the path to piece.
Speaker 2: Well enough about that guy, what's going on with you? Kanjo? I like the way I like your style. Crks are coming back.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm god.
Speaker 1: It is windy, but well we are stronger than the winds. The cops are walking by. We're about to get yeah. No, all right, we're good. We're good and we're chilling. Nobody's kicking us out. I keep feeling like we're gonna get a citation or something. But until then, What's what's your life like?
Speaker 2: Kan Joe?
Speaker 21: Ah shit, I'm an artist. I live out here in Hollywood. It's been amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh you live here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The first local, the first person who lives in Hollywood. Do I've talked to you?
Speaker 4: I mean, shoot, I'm not from here, but I live out here.
Speaker 2: But you live out here.
Speaker 1: You're not like visiting, You're not in town from Yeah? Facts, facts, Okay, So how when did you move out here?
Speaker 4: Beginning of the year actually real?
Speaker 1: Yea, what now of all the places that you could move to in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Why Hollywood?
Speaker 21: Just because of the connections that I had established in the past and being able to establish more just by being out here and showing up a lot of people don't do that out here really, yeah, dude, Like just showing up is a major key and a lot of this ship, Like you know.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 1: Where are you showing up at that You're making these connections like like in.
Speaker 2: The artists events.
Speaker 21: Yeah, artist events like networking events normally NFT events and stuff like that. Huh yeah, because it's actually kind of crazy. How not really? Because I mean shit, rich people buy n F t s. But then like once you start getting in on that ship and then the NF the people, the creators start thanking the buyers. Yeah, with the parties and ship like that, you start so.
Speaker 2: You go to a lot of n FT parties.
Speaker 4: Yeah what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What are NFT parties like for those who don't own the the n FT and can't get.
Speaker 21: In well ship it involves like ship. The last one I went to was open Bar, free Weed.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But enough about n FTS man.
Speaker 1: What so you moved here four months ago? Where from? Uh, Sacramento, Sacramento. Okay, you're still a California boy?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah nice?
Speaker 1: What have you do you live and were you like born in Sacramento living the whole time. Nah, we're Texas, Texas.
Speaker 21: Yeah, okay, Hi, I'm from like five places, dog, I've lived all over.
Speaker 2: And where are the places that you lived? Have you identified with the most?
Speaker 4: Kenya?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 4: Kenya?
Speaker 2: Kenya?
Speaker 4: Africa?
Speaker 2: Oh? Nice? Man? When when U? When? When did you live in Kenya?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 21: The first time I lived out there for a long period of time was when I was like eleven to like thirteen something like that, like up until U high school started or middle school, eighth grade. And then after that I lived out there again for a little bit actually last year.
Speaker 4: Really yeah?
Speaker 2: How long were you in Kenya? Last year?
Speaker 4: Six months?
Speaker 2: Six months? Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That does sound pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So what hm? So do you like Kenya? You said is the best place you've lived of all the places you lived? Oh yeah, do you like it better than America?
Speaker 4: If you go there with American money? It's fucking awesome?
Speaker 1: Real? Okay, So I'm assuming American money is like worth a lot more there than it is.
Speaker 21: Fuck yeah, but the American passport is gonna get you into trouble in some places?
Speaker 2: Really how so?
Speaker 21: Oh dude, okay, say you get stopped by a cap bro and they ask you for your ID as soon as they see it's not anywhere like from Africa.
Speaker 4: They're gonna ask you for a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, like you have to bribe them.
Speaker 21: Yes, no, really, my gosh, they take advantage of that really, yes, oh man. Okay, So when I was out there, COVID was big and they had roadblocks, and those are time that I was hanging with a little shirty and I was taking it back to the crib after a movie and ship and it was past ten and you're not allowed to be There was a curfew at the time, and after ten they start doing the roadblocks.
Speaker 4: Right before I'm getting into a complex, there's.
Speaker 21: A whole lass roadblock and they tell me I'm about to get arrested and shit like that. They pull out the handcuffs and they tell me to get out the car, and I'm like, yo, no, no, no, no, don't do that. And then my girls out here panicking trying to talk them down. And then they said, okay, if you want me to let you go, you have to give us twenty K and K twenty k shillings.
Speaker 4: It's two hundred dollars.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, but still It's like, I'm not walking around with two hundred dollars at ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 4: You feel me.
Speaker 21: All that's on my card and they don't have ATMs like that out there.
Speaker 4: You feel me.
Speaker 2: And that's it was kind of a little crazy thing.
Speaker 21: But you know, my girl worked it out because I don't know, like that was that was some type of angel shit.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she said. Yeah, bro, it was like kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: That is kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro.
Speaker 21: And then they told us, all right, give us two k and you're good. And two k's it's like, yeah, twenty bucks exactly. Now you get it, so ten exactly exactly. It's pretty easy. And so yeah, gave gave him that two K, but I could not leave that night.
Speaker 4: So I mean, fuck it good.
Speaker 2: And bad, you know, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all right, so besides the corrupt police force, what's like, what are the some of the great things about Kenya that you love?
Speaker 4: Eight things?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man? Just the natural beauty, bro.
Speaker 21: Like where I lived, you could just go on the walk and then there'd just be you'd walk past the park and just a bunch of monkeys chilling.
Speaker 2: There's like exotic animals just walking around.
Speaker 21: Yeah, no, cap like like somebody chilling like that homeless dude right there against the pole, and then there's some monkeys just running past him and ship like that you would see a squirrel, Yeah, just just like a squirrel, the same way you would see a squirrel.
Speaker 2: What city in Kenya are you? Where are you living in Nairobi? That's like a big metropolitan city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the capital.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. What what what do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh in particular, is better about Kenya than than here in America?
Speaker 2: What? What? What could be done better here? That they're doing good over there?
Speaker 4: What could be better done here? Ship?
Speaker 21: That's a good as Actually, you know what all fast food places hallal? You know why are they killing the Every fast food place has a Hallal certificate? Bro, I lost weight eating KFC out there. I'm not even capping, I swear to god. I mean it was graduals It was like a lot slower than how you would lose weight. But like working out and eating KFC, you can lose weight out there, but out here it's a whole lot of different scene.
Speaker 2: How did you lose weight eating KFC?
Speaker 21: Well, working out, it's just like keeping a party, like it's like the same way somebody would work out a lot and then go to Keynes, yeah and then work out again.
Speaker 2: So do they?
Speaker 1: So every fast food place in Kenya has served helal well.
Speaker 21: Yeah, every place has a halal certificate. So like you can go to so like you can go to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I just get like a lamb over rice with some hot sauce.
Speaker 4: The whole the whole menu is different out there.
Speaker 21: But like they don't have McDonald's in Kenya, but they have it in different countries in Africa, like South Africa. I know they have it out there, and the menu is a lot different. I had McDonald's in Dubai. They have like some spice, Like they have a lot of crazy like different shit on the menu, like and in India they have like some Tandory shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 21: But like all these all these overseas, like fast food places.
Speaker 4: Way better better than America.
Speaker 21: Like everybody everybody on the outside looking in sees like America is this like amazing place, but not they poisoning us in a way, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Ye man, So, so you were living in Kenya for six months and you say it was the best place you've lived, all the places you lived.
Speaker 2: What made you want to come here?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 21: Well, shit, the opportunities and ship you feel me? Yeah, being able to go out and do that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And you know, like it gets it gets boring over time, Like.
Speaker 21: I don't want to make it sound bad, but yeah, just like walking out and seeing nothing but a bunch of niggas, Like it's all good, it's all good, but it just feels like, damn, where's the diversity? Like sure, sure you see like some white people here and there, but they're like Dutch Russian like sure, yeah, it's like white, white white here.
Speaker 6: So are they not?
Speaker 1: They're not a lot of like American white people hanging out a n Aioba.
Speaker 21: Oh, it's rare, Like maybe like one in I want to say one twenty because you don't you don't know who's American and who isn't. Maybe you might meet a black guy from a what's it called New York, Yeah, and he's in Kenya, you know what I'm saying, And that time it might be cool, you know what I'm saying, But like that's rare, like seeing that is rare. Or maybe you meet somebody that has been to the States at least once or twice in their life. But other than that is yeah, it's just it's just a diversity thing. Like I mean, I definitely wanted to see a lot more like oh, but no, most beautiful black women I've ever met are out there.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, dude, you have a lot of as what's the phrase hose in different area code? I plead the fifth gotcha do you have? Do you have a lot of friends and family out there?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah I do. Like that's where my family's from my first generation.
Speaker 2: Nice, yeah, that's why did your parents live over there currently?
Speaker 4: My dad?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so but nothing by him?
Speaker 1: So al right, before we before we go, what what's what's next for you?
Speaker 2: You're an artist, You're like, what's what's the dream?
Speaker 4: Oh no, not the dream, it's it's the plan and it's the reality.
Speaker 2: Please hit it what it is? What's going on?
Speaker 21: Follow me on Instagram at k A n J triple oh underscore three k.
Speaker 2: Oh got it so complicated? You never say that what you know?
Speaker 1: What I I I always you have to change it to like some like actually name three k what's your name again?
Speaker 4: Conjo?
Speaker 2: Conjo? Like it's Conjo fifty four.
Speaker 4: Like, is that conjo? Three k?
Speaker 2: Okay? So say one more time?
Speaker 4: K A n j o three K?
Speaker 2: K A n j o three K? Is that sure?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, alkay conjo three k. There's no underscores or xes or sixty.
Speaker 4: Nines or anything sixty nine.
Speaker 2: I wish okay conjo three K?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir okay perfect?
Speaker 6: What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you make?
Speaker 21: I make a lot of music, bro, y'all just have to peep peep the page and find.
Speaker 2: Out beautiful conjo three k. It's a pleasure to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Pleasure talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for talking to real gecko dude, Sir. I liked him. That was awesome.
Speaker 1: It's always great to uh talk to people about different places. One day, I would love to do being a gecko in Kenya. That's the dream is we want to do this all over the place. This is the cool thing about uh I've noticed about being here in Hollywood is like, because it's a tourist area, you are getting to talk to people from a lot of different places across the country who are doing a lot of different things, and it's awesome.
Speaker 10: It's good, bro.
Speaker 2: What's your name Doug.
Speaker 10: My name is Jess. What's your name Jess?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my name is Lyle. Oh that's cool. I like your thanks man. What's your life like, Jess?
Speaker 10: You know everyone has that little roller coaster toss tossing and turning and stuff in their life. I feel like that's just all part of life, you know. I have my ups and downs?
Speaker 2: Are you are we? Are we up?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Are we down? Now?
Speaker 10: You know? I feel like there's a constant battle of up and down?
Speaker 2: But I know we okay?
Speaker 10: What when?
Speaker 2: Okay? So when we're up? What's it like?
Speaker 1: What's going on? What's what? Tell me about life when it's up?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm a producer and I'm also an artist. Actually, Conjo is one of my artists.
Speaker 2: I oh, you guys are homies, great.
Speaker 10: And you know, we just like to get to business and we just do our thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: Usually we just be kicking at though, trying to relax.
Speaker 1: Nice and so you're relaxing now now is the time of relaxation.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean it's a beautiful sunday.
Speaker 1: So look, if you care to talk about it, we can. If you don't care to talk about it, we won't. What's life like when it's down.
Speaker 10: Whoa, I don't know. Sometimes it'd be feeling like you're low key in like a void or something. Oh yeah, and I know people know what I'm talking about and they've been in their lowest places. But I promise you could get out and things will be better.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's interesting because when you are in the void, you your brain almost looks at it like, okay, we are in the void forever.
Speaker 2: But you as a person who you know, you say you're up right now.
Speaker 1: You you were in the void, you're currently up, not saying that we won't ever go back.
Speaker 2: To the void again. It's an up and down roller coaster.
Speaker 1: But then when you go back into the void, you're like, okay, well I was in the void, I got out of the void.
Speaker 2: Might go back.
Speaker 1: But hey, when you're in the void, like, well we'll go We'll get back out of the void again.
Speaker 10: Right, we've been here before. Yeah, we know how to handle it exactly.
Speaker 1: So so when you are in the void, how do you handle it? What are your sort of just tricts thought processes.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know. I just know I'm destined for greatness and I can't quit now. So I'm just in go mode, you know.
Speaker 1: I ask you genuinely, what do you what is it that makes you feel like you're destined for greatness?
Speaker 10: I can't even describe the feeling. It's just something that is there, and it's always there, and I just I just feel like something is pushing me towards like what I'm supposed to do in life, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just feel divine, like is there a power outside of yourself that's making you do these things or or calling upon you to do these things.
Speaker 10: It's just what feels right, you know, And if you really are doing what you're supposed to do in life, it just feels right, you know, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: It has it taken you a while to find what it is that feels right for you? Well?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I feel like it's not an easy journey, but if you're willing to take it, you'll have, like I don't know, you'll get a reward at the end or some you'll you'll feel accomplished.
Speaker 2: Well, man, listen, I feel I feel good.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: The greatness? What is the greatness? What does what does it look like to achieve greatness in your eyes?
Speaker 10: Greatness in my eyes? I don't know, I just like to make people's day and I like to spend peace. But also I'm trying to put my family in the house and take care of my little brother because you know, I got to step up sometimes.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, man, you seem like you have good intentions and good goals, and you know, look, the universe can always use people with with with good intentions for it, you know. So how did you meet h Kanjo?
Speaker 10: This is my dog. I went to school with him, uh back in I met him back in like eighth or ninth grade. Yeah, he's from Texas and I'm from Orlando and we both met up in Cali.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, you know, you guys are a good duo.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: I appreciate those.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure talking about to you.
Speaker 1: Is there is there anything that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 10: Do what you want in life, live your best life, don't take no bullshit, and just be yourself because at the end of the day, that's really what it's worth. Just the misfit what's your name, dude Jess also known as just the Misfit, Just.
Speaker 2: The misfit man. Pleasure talking to you.
Speaker 10: And y'all see me all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys very much for joining us here on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was great to be here because since this is a tourist attraction, I feel like we got a lot of people who are, like, from out of town, but we also got a couple of people who do live here, and so it was a nice diverse makeup of folks from all over the place, and it was awesome being out here.
Speaker 2: Take care, stay safe, ghek Bless you. Thanks for watching.
Speaker 14: Goes on the line calls every night.
Speaker 2: Everything can, Goes do and write. Is teaching you to clousing your life
Speaker 6: But he's not really an expert.