Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and getting and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: With cities across the US bracing for sweeping deportation raids as promised by President elect Trump during his campaign, his administration says it's rethinking where to launch the large scale crackdowns, sources initially telling ABC News the raids would begin right after the inauguration, likely in Chicago and then other big sanctuary cities. The operations involving high priority criminal targets that DHS teams have been.
Speaker 2: Investigating for months.
Speaker 3: In Mexico, immigration officials ramping up sheltered capacity, bracing for an influx of deepoort teas that could create chaos.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, oh jeez, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Mexico. That'd be horrible if you had chaos having a bunch of criminals return to your country. I guess that's something I'm supposed to be concerned about. Are you freaking kidding me? This is part of the revolution of common sense that begins at noon today. Yeah, Trump's calling it, and this actually is a revolution of common sense. And we'll get to some of the polling the New York Times right over the weekend around the immigration stuff. Ninety percent of Americans think we should return illegal criminals ninety percent.
Speaker 2: It's not controversial.
Speaker 4: Ah oh no, no, it's as close to unanimous as you can get on any question. Would you like to be jabbed in the eye? Ten percent of Americans and say, yeah, that sounds great. This is absolutely functionally unanimous. Ship the criminals out right, and they're gonna start that like immediately. And as you heard in that ABC ree there, the Justice Department has been working on the paperwork in this stuff for a long time, so they know they've got these people identified, they know what they did. It was only the Biden policies that kept it well. And you're stupid allowing cities and states to be sanctuaries. Just didn't send it a revolution of common sense. And as we know, Jack, things are three point four percent or three point four times more popular if they spell out a word, and Revolution of common sense spells out rocks.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it does rocks. Rocks, That's what I say. Huh cool, all right, made my point.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, between being out six hundred thousand criminals and renaming the gulf.
Speaker 2: It's a good day. Yes, it's gonna walk around and.
Speaker 1: Saying, hey, you know what I do for vacation this summer. Let's go to the Gulf of Is it America? Let's go to the Gulf of America in the summer. See the ocean.
Speaker 4: I love you, I love it. Why not, it's our golf. Absolutely, President of Mexico with her wives cracking. We'll show her.
Speaker 2: Huh, We'll rename the golf. And it's not even their golf. They have a female president, Yes they do. Wow. Yes, isn't that funny? Ah?
Speaker 4: So, speaking of funny, how about this bit of inauguration trip Michael, do we have like hail to the chief or something that we can know? There you go, this inauguration trivia. When Andrew Johnson piece of Crap, was inaugurated as vice president in eighteen sixty five, he was completely drunk. He'd been suffering from typhoid fever at the time and purportedly drank whiskey to numb the pain, except he drank.
Speaker 2: A little too much and ended up slurring through his oaths.
Speaker 4: In fact, a contemporary newspaper account of the time jack I'm gonna read it to you. The headline is the Inaugural humiliation. Andrew Johnson, the Vice President elect, presented himself drunk at the great Inauguration ceremony and the presence of the assembled Executive and Judicial Departments, blah blah blah, the representatives.
Speaker 2: Of the people. Before that imposing.
Speaker 4: Concourse, he bellowed for half an hour, the idiotic babble of a mind besotted by a fortnight's debouch.
Speaker 1: Oh, that should have happened in the area the era of video and stuff, because that had been great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some good writing.
Speaker 4: He dragged its proudest ceremony into the slough is the slew of his degradation, and turned it to shame and mortification. Man, you hate to drag his speech into the old sod slew a degradation.
Speaker 2: Trump needs to avoid that today, Jackie.
Speaker 1: In my estimation, no kidding, Trump becomes president at noon today. I assume you know that, and Joe Biden is running out the door pardoning a bunch of people. So we need to discuss that a little bit later. Some of the executive orders, as we said, are around immigration. We'll get to people's opinions on that later this hour. Great article from the New York Times basically pointing out, hey, a lot of these Trump policies are really really popular. That's probably why. One it's funny that they're finally getting around to this.
Speaker 4: Wow, what am I supposed to say thank you? Or what great insight?
Speaker 2: Or I don't know, ivey, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, the bigfoot media are committing a medium speed suicide, and I say let them.
Speaker 1: I had a number of teenagers in my home over the weekend as my son had a sleepover with a couple of his buddies there, and it was a big story for them for his friends that TikTok was off when they got up on Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: They noticed right away because that's like.
Speaker 1: The first thing they do is go to their phone and go to TikTok in the morning, and it wasn't available because TikTok shut themselves down over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Now, my son doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have TikTok, and he constantly complains that his friends do. But I became aware that his friends are super into it, and one of them that's how he gets to sleep at night. He goes to sleep scrolling through TikTok until he falls and then he wakes up. His phone is still on TikTok when he wakes up.
Speaker 4: Wow, And that interesting, which is you know, if you take him take that away. Obviously that's a bit of a dependency thing. It would take a while to get past that.
Speaker 1: And between them and conversations with my nieces who are all colleague age or older, none of them with any knowledge slash concern about the fact that the communist Chinese run the thing. That's just not on their radar.
Speaker 4: At that age, or they reject the notion as you told us last week. Yeah, call it a conspiracy theory. I think I know what Trump is doing. He has said he would issue an executive order to reinstate TikTok for the ninety days that the law gives it. I think if there is a a negotiation for the sale of it in progress, which is not really happening. So it's not clear at all whether Trump can, you know, bring it back to life for ninety days. Is that constitutional? Is it legal? Judging by what I've read, it's not And I'm.
Speaker 2: Not constitutional or illegal.
Speaker 4: It's it's not legal because Congress passed the law and the law is quite specific on its terms, and presidents just can't overturn laws by fiat. Trust me, you don't want that, no matter how much you like Trump or not.
Speaker 1: Especially votes that went fifty zero coming out of the Big Committee on that in Congress, and then when the Supreme Court looked at the you know, delaying this thing, they were nine to nothing. You don't want presidents to go around that. So I'm trying to figure out what Trump is doing. Number One, he made a couple of comics before. What's that He's a populist people. There's one hundred and seventy million people that love TikTok. He's getting credit. It was on the TikTok TikTok's own screenshot that they put out said they're working with Donald Trump and then basically gave Donald Trump the credit for it. Coming back on that's what he's doing here, popular with young people. I want to circle back to that, because that's I'm aghast at that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping it's that Trump fancies himself the greatest deal maker on earth, and he thinks he can work out a sale if he brokers it in a way that satisfies the law and TikTok TikTok users. If that is simply his somewhat egotistical point of view, then I say let him try. It's fine. We'll be rid of it soon enough. But if it's what you're talking about, if Trump is saying as he seemed to be hitting, look, it helped get me elected. I'm big on TikTok. Yeah, it's a tool of espionage and propaganda by our most bitter enemy on earth. But if it helps me, I'm gonna leave it that. I can't take that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Well, and.
Speaker 4: Trump himself was the guy who hammered away to get TikTok banned his first term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got this going for good. Fun fact Charles C. W.
Speaker 1: Cook tweeted out fun fact after viewing classified material about the Communist Chinese Party's influence on TikTok. The bill to ban TikTok past committee with a fifty to nothing vote among the congress people who had looked at the info, fifty to zero that included lots of Maga, lots of Centrists, and lots of Democrats.
Speaker 2: It was unanimous. That's how it was.
Speaker 1: Sound.
Speaker 4: As we shared with you last week, Peter Schweitzer doing some great writing if you look at those quotes, some classified, some not, from various Chinese military leaders, propagandist political leaders. They love TikTok and they said specifically why because it's such an effective propaganda tool to get inside the heads of America's youngsters and subtly nudge them toward pro Chinese views.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this tweet continues.
Speaker 1: Banning a CCP espionage and propaganda app was obviously the correct decision. Even Laura Ingram, who's pretty big, trumpy person, said, is it now our position that the CCP has a First Amendment right to control the propaganda vehicle inside the US that poses a severe national security thread? Even she is not cool with the allowing TikTok to continue in its current form at all.
Speaker 2: For a minute, it shouldn't right.
Speaker 1: I had one more thought on that blah blah blah TikTok Chinese Party. Everybody voted, I don't I'll come back.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: TikTok, because it's controlled by the communist Chinese who are desperate to have it continue, TikTok is going to be just absolutely a wash in flattery of Donald Trump. Now, Oh, and effort to manipulate his ego, and I just I'm sorry. We'll continue to call it the way we see it around here. If when Trump's right, we're going to say he's right. When he's wrong, we're going to say he's wrong. If that doesn't satisfy, ye, well let us part his friends.
Speaker 1: I think Trump just wants to make sure if TikTok goes away, it has the look of it was dragged away against his wishes. I think that's just how he wants to end up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not comfortable with that either, but I get that strategy.
Speaker 1: So that's where we are on that. It's kind of hard for me to get into the whole. TikTok gets a tremendous amount of attention. It was the lead on all the Sunday shows yesterday because it, you know, had been taken down. So Facination ABC this week, Meet the Press, they were all it was their lead thing. And I I don't have TikTok. I've never been on it. Seeing my son's friends, so I mean, like the first thing they noticed when they got up in.
Speaker 2: The morning was their TikTok was gone. Yeah, that's interesting. Well, do you know what code switching is? You can google.
Speaker 4: It has to do with patterns of speech. I need to change my pattern of speech right now to talk in my compassionate, progressive manner, because speaking like a man frightens many progressives.
Speaker 2: So excuse me.
Speaker 4: Psychology experts, thin therapists are suggesting a variety of activities to help you with your emotional turmoil on this the inauguration day of Donald Trump. So we'll have some hints and ideas for you coming back. Wow again, this is the presentation was tongue in cheek.
Speaker 1: The facts are not. They're dead serious. Like you said earlier, those people need to be mocked. There's Boris Johnson rolling in. A lot of the Trump crowd coming in. Interesting crew, saw Bill Cower, the football coach. Saw a wrestler of some sort. Mojo's coming in. Lots of hot women. We've got all this stuff Joe mentioned, and the polling around Trump's actions that he's going to take today on immigration are incredibly popular, even according to the New York Times.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for that. Josh takes a lot of big hits. He rams up his running in the playoffs, got a third and two. I still have two timeouts in the pocket. Tess's for the touchdown.
Speaker 1: Lots of great football action over the weekend. I took in at least parts of all the games. She got cheaps against the Bills, which has been predicted since day one, and Redskins Eagles, which is exciting.
Speaker 4: They're the Commanders, You're racist, the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 1: It will always be the Redskins to me. In that quarterback, if it weren't for being a Chiefs fan, I'd be all rooting for the Washington.
Speaker 2: That quarterback is a cool kid. Yeah yeah, what's that?
Speaker 4: Jalen Thomas A big Jalen they call him. He actually so skinny, looks like they could break him in a half. But he's a wonderful athlete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I liked his personality. I saw his interview afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah nice, nice young man. So anyway, love the footsball. It's a playoff time. That's exciting, but not as exciting Jack as the inauguration day, which is all right, Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump blah blah blah. Look at this.
Speaker 1: Original from a rally in twenty fifteen when it fall first started.
Speaker 2: Om original maga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an og maga hat right here. Got it in my head. Yeah, So not even red. It's kind of weirdly maroon. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, before the red when they were all different colors, but way back then.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Hold on to that. It'll be worth something in three hundred and fifty years. So this is just so sweet. Time dot com It used to be a significant magazine.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter now, but they had a big piece on Monday, Donald Trump will be sworn in blah blah blah, highly anticipated the day of celebration. Others have been dreading it and would happily finagle a deal with the universe to skip to some other day four years down the road. It's that, Oh yeah, you're willing to give up four years in your life because you're so upset at the presidential election. We need to stop treating adults like their children. Whatever happened to phrases? Maybe I should get into the bulk of this before I start ranting, But Michael, remind me, whatever happened a phrases like I want to finish that sentence. Why so much distress after months of processing the outcome of this deviceive election? Well, I actually start with many people are probably catastrophizing which is a cognitive distortion that involves fixating on the worst possible outcomes or aspects of something and believing it's bound to be happening.
Speaker 1: Well, AOC's rant on the TikTok I think she put out a video no makeup on in that classic young progressive sort of way, you know, in your bathroom, no makeup, screaming about twenty first century fascism starts tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, No it doesn't. You're an idiot. Be quiet.
Speaker 4: So and the first psychologist actually says, hey, look, it's one one moment, a four year term, things change, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I just did lighten the hell up.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, Time is not content with that and suggests strategies for dealing with the emotional pain of inauguration day.
Speaker 2: Things that are.
Speaker 4: Great for your mental health Number one, give back, give to charity, Serve someone that's actually good for you anytime. Yeah, work out, get creative. Here's where it gets fun. Do some forest bathing.
Speaker 2: What is that in forest bathing? Jack give you go into the.
Speaker 4: Forests, apparently, and count the trees and observe their long, bare branches this time of year, unless you're in a coniferous forest.
Speaker 2: Then they still have needles. Anyway, you'll feel humbled.
Speaker 4: This mountain is going to be there forever and ever and your one human being.
Speaker 2: Everything passes. Eventually you'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Forest bathing, spend five minutes journaling, Go see your performance, Do something kind, Smile at other people, dance it out, Cry with a friend.
Speaker 2: This was another one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Dance it out.
Speaker 4: It might seem counterintuitive, but if you need to shed a few tears on inauguration Day, don't do it alone.
Speaker 2: Find other people to cry with.
Speaker 1: I'll call some of my friends, say can I cry with you today?
Speaker 2: See how we stop acting like a child? Huh Armstrap and Getty sirs.
Speaker 1: A little montage from Trump's big rally yesterday, and.
Speaker 2: By a good feeling. We're like winning, don't we in Washington, d C. Please little rock you.
Speaker 3: We have twenty hours until our long national nightmare is over.
Speaker 2: We're almost there.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, everybody in this very large arena will be very happy.
Speaker 4: With my decision on the Jay six hostages.
Speaker 1: We will not be invaded, we will not be occupied, we will not be overrun, we will not be conquered.
Speaker 2: We will be a free and proud.
Speaker 4: Nation once again, and that will take place tomorrow.
Speaker 2: At twelve o'clock.
Speaker 1: As the actual Village People, whoever's left of the Village People performing Ymca, which has become Trump's theme song for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Boy, that is exciting.
Speaker 4: It's so sad that only Paul McCartney and Ringo Star remain of the Village People. Oh that's right, that's the Beatles. I'm always getting them confused. Good Lord. The village People a bunch of old men in the Halloween costumes. I'm supposed to be excited by that. I'm sorry, I'm not. You know why, because I'm a non idiot.
Speaker 1: The important people are filing into the Capitol because of the indoor inauguration. Trump becomes president and noon this just in breaking news. President elect Trump plans to issue ten executive orders related to immigration, including declaring a national emergency at the border. An incoming officials says, so he's going to declare a national emergency. I don't know what it would take to qualify for national emergency if the last couple of years has not been one.
Speaker 4: I think that is both politically tenable and constitutionally so as well. Congress really ought to redo all of our immigration laws and make them stick. But they haven't and they probably won't. So yes, Trump's executive orders in this realm are absolutely appropriate workingness. It's an emergency by any definition, working.
Speaker 1: My way up to people's opinions on the border as Trump takes office. From the New York Times, it's really interesting. But this article out today on inauguration Day from Peter Baker, which is the main reporter for the New York Times for the presidency. And he was big in all the Russia stuff all those years. But today defiance is out. Differences in Trump returns to a different Washington, and I'll read you a couple of paragraphs so I thought were really interesting. If Washington looks like a war zone again. He talks about the miles of barricades and all the security and everything like that. It does not necessarily feel that way. Unlike the last time President Elecdonald J. Trump took the oath of office eight years ago, the bristling tension and angry defiance have given way to accommodation and submission. The resistance of twenty seventeen has faded into the resignition resignation of twenty twenty five. Some Democrats are talking about working with the newly restored Republican president on discrete issues. Some news organizations are reorienting their shows for more difference. The grassroots opposition that put hundreds of thousands of people in the streets in DC to protest Trump the day after his swearing in Last Time generated a fraction of that in their sequel on Saturday, the track.
Speaker 4: I must interrupt with breaking video. The outgoing Mummy and incoming President have just left the White House in the company inexplicably of Amy Clovisure.
Speaker 2: Somebody explained that to me.
Speaker 4: And are now getting in the beast the presidential limousine.
Speaker 1: And good riddance. Wow, you are being poorly judged currently and your stature status is only going to go down throughout history, mister president. As more is known.
Speaker 4: According to a Secret Service source, Joe Biden just said to Trump, what are you doing here in DC?
Speaker 1: So, if you remember after Trump got inaugurated and I was there in twenty seventeen, there were several hundred thousand protesters the next day wearing the pea hats, the pea hat parade protesting Trump's They tried to do that again yesterday and it was a tiny gathering. There's just no energy for it. Why well, Peter Baker explains, some of the difference being shown to mister Trump now by the political media and corporate world stems from a broader sense that perhaps popular opinion is more on mister Trump's side than they had assumed.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this.
Speaker 1: This is serious writing from a serious in the New York Times. Maybe the difference by the political media and corporate worlds comes from a broader sense that perhaps popular opinion is more on mister Trump's side than they have assumed.
Speaker 2: It's one of.
Speaker 4: The subtler pleasures a person can enjoy, but it's one of the greatest. Watching the bigfoot media, the lefty media try to somehow drag their readers toward a view of reality, a realistic view of the country. I mean, it's so he's couching it in such gentle like, tentative terms. It could be, according to some observers, that once in a while, Trump's policies are popular.
Speaker 2: Peter, it's okay, buddy, just say it. Dang it.
Speaker 1: They gotta have a microphone in there. The beast has left the White House. Trump and Biden are both in there and they're driving to the Capitol for the swearing in. And there have been some historic conversations in these situations between incoming and outgoing presidents that I've read about over the years. Eisenhower and Kennedy, Reagan and Carter. There's a lot of examples. What are Biden telling me about.
Speaker 4: Saying to Trump, thanks for coming to my inauguration, I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: My second term. Yeah, yeah, cool? And Trump's like, all right, Joe.
Speaker 1: Another line from Peter Baker in The New York Times, after having said, maybe popular opinions more on Trump's side than we had realized. In this view, Trump has grasped something important by suggesting that the country needs to fundamentally rethink some of its embedded ways of doing things. I'll be darned, And this is the part I really liked. The mood on the eve of the second inauguration is different because progressives were stunned when mister Trump beat former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, but not so surprised when he beat Vice President Kyla Harrison November. Right, So it went from no way he won what to yeah, of course he won. She sucked.
Speaker 2: And the old man was senile and we were running around saying he wasn't case where coltists.
Speaker 1: So to the policies and how they are, I don't know if I want to launch into this or not, because they're going to get out of the limo here soon. I'm sure we're going to do some play by play on that.
Speaker 2: But go ahead.
Speaker 1: The New York Times got into the immigration issue and pointing out that, hey, Trump's policies are really popular on some of this stuff. For instance, do you support or oppose he to the following deporting immigrants who are here illegally and have criminal records? Eighty seven percent? So damn near ninety percent of Americans want to boot out illegals who are criminals. No freaking kidding. Practically everybody agrees with that, except for Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, the state of California governor knew some kambala hairs. But you people are so on the wrong side of history. I don't know how you could be so blind to how wrong you are.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's a testament to what effective bullies they are that if you that unpopular is the law of a number of major cities and d I mean gnarrhea is more popular than the notion of keeping criminal illegal aliens in the country, and yet it endures.
Speaker 1: Deporting immigrants who are here illegally and arrived over the last four years. So he came in during Biden's term. You're here illegally. Sixty three percent of Americans want them booted. Almost two thirds of Americans.
Speaker 4: Obviously, having heard the first question, includes the law abiding Yeah, no, you came in illegally.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get to that. Deporting all immigrants who are here illegally. So that's going back years and years and years and includes the dreamers.
Speaker 2: What about the dreamers? That includes everybody who's here illegally.
Speaker 1: The New York Times pulling fifty five percent fifty.
Speaker 2: Five for two, it's a thirteen point win for boot out.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's here illegally, I don't care what their story is.
Speaker 4: Is a popular issue. It's a solid majority. I actually don't think people mean that when you got down to brass hacks, but I think it is an It's a full throated announced pronouncement of what they think about the last four years of immigration policy. They are screaming for reform.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think about it?
Speaker 4: And they don't want for a second to have any sort of moderation mistaken as an endorsement of these policies. It's the classic I'm not going to give you an inch until I see progress.
Speaker 2: Kick them all out, right.
Speaker 1: But on that previous number deporting all the people that came in in the last four years, which is almost two thirds, how about this, fifty four percent of Hispanics, a majority of Hispanics say anybody who came here illegally in the last four years, get them out of here.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what to say about that. The way it's portrayed to us through the media versus the reality.
Speaker 4: Well, right, and it's just so interesting again to watch Peter Baker in the New York Times using those polls to try to send the signal to their subscribers. And this has probably come from the top down. Look, we got to tell you the truth about this stuff. The woke mind virus is infected us all. But hey, folks, here's the way Americans actually think about this stuff.
Speaker 1: Here's one that does not have a majority approval. And here's one where I'm knocking Trump. He is going today sign an executive order or action, and I get him mixed up. One is different than the other. But he's going to sign an executive something ending birthright citizenship. I'm fine with ending birthright citizenship. It's back from slave days. It doesn't make any sense that it's applied the way it is today. But the president can't do that. It's in the freaking constitution. But that's only forty one percent approval on that, and I think it's because people don't understand where it came from or what it's for. But I think that's true. Yeah, but he's going to try to do it through executive order. So you got Biden with illegal executive orders out the door. Trump coming in the door with at least one that's clearly unconstitutional, and he has no right even trying.
Speaker 4: I need to investigate the difference between executive actions and orders. But if the action is simply an announcement to get the discussion started, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Good point. Good point. I would have to dig into that. God dang it, what are Trump and Biden talking about in the limo as they head to the Capitol. It's taking them a long time to get there. I just walked from the Capitol from the White House to the Capitol. Actually I rode those little scooters a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Not that far. Are they taking the scenic crowd?
Speaker 1: Or did Biden need to stop and pick up some pills at the CBS before they I got out a prescription.
Speaker 2: I'm laid for feeling so good? Boy? Did Granta Garbo have great gams? Jeers Classic?
Speaker 1: So there were some rumors floating around over the weekend that perhaps they didn't move it in doors because of the cold. Again, I don't quite understand that, because there were a couple of football games over the weekend that were every bit is cold or colder and eighty thousand people willingly stood out there for like five hours.
Speaker 2: Right, So who makes that call? Capitol police, Trump himself, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't know either, But there are some rumors floating around over the weekend that it was the terrorist threat, and you know, they wouldn't necessarily tell us about it, and Barack Obama when he was inaugurated the first time in eight was wearing a bulletproof vest because they thought there was an active terrorist threat happening and we didn't find out about it until like two years later. So that could be true, although I checked in with somebody in the know who would absolutely have access to this knowledge and said, no, no, no sniff of a major terrorist threat outside of the normal. It's just because of the cold.
Speaker 4: So who knows, Jack, how about a little presidential trivia.
Speaker 2: We'll keep it brief.
Speaker 1: You're about to get out of the car. I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 4: The Oaths of Office is only thirty five words, and every time I watched the president give it, I'm fightened for them because they give them fairly long phrases to keep back, and I'm so easily distracted.
Speaker 2: I'm always terrified.
Speaker 4: When I got married, I was terrified that do you Joe take this woman?
Speaker 2: Do I Joe take? What was the rest of it?
Speaker 1: Well? Who who screwed it up? And they had to redo it in the Capitol? Remember that a couple of years back, somebody got the words wrong, and then to make sure it stuck, then.
Speaker 2: They had Rehnquist.
Speaker 4: When rehn Quis gave it to Obama, I think you're a second interesting bit of inaugurabal trivia. While presidents are made to place their hands on a book to swear in the.
Speaker 2: Book, is of their choosing.
Speaker 4: Everybody's gone with a Bible, except John Quincy Adams.
Speaker 2: Are the deal art of the deal. That's right. No JQA used his law book.
Speaker 1: Uh, we got to take a break here pretty soon. But they're getting out of the beast Biden and Trump. What if Trump just gets out and kind of pulls Biden out? Biden is no longer conscious having been in a fist fight like we keep seeing online with those AI fights.
Speaker 2: I really thought they'd go through McDonald's drive through hilarious.
Speaker 4: Biden's gonna say to Trump, I'm thinking of pardoning Hunter.
Speaker 2: Trump's gonna say you already did what.
Speaker 1: He's got what two hours and twenty minutes to pardon his brother. There's a lot of people wondering if that's gonna happen, Oh, Old James, is that one gonna land?
Speaker 2: Plausible denial? My boy? Plausible denial?
Speaker 1: How do you possibly pardon all those other people and not your brother unless he just thinks that's.
Speaker 4: Too much of an admission of guilt or he's on D's d as well Deaths Store.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more on the way. You can text us anytime. What are your thoughts on anything? Four one five, five KFTC.
Speaker 2: This is a historic day.
Speaker 5: Finally the guns have fallen, silent relief of people inside guards or we're seeing people already streaming back to what is left of their homes. It's going to be hugely challenging for President Trump's team. This is just phase one. Phase two and three need to see the release of all of the hostages, dead or alive, and the crucial question of what comes next. What does Garza look like? Who governs Garsa? Remember a mass is a military organization, but it was also the government inside Gaza elected democratically, So what replaces them?
Speaker 1: If we weren't involved in this deal, the deal would have never happened. And it was so ungracious of Biden is.
Speaker 2: Oh he did it. He didn't do anything. If I didn't do.
Speaker 1: This, if we didn't get involved, the hostages would never be out. It is not our best moment for it to be so focused upon who gets the credit for what, Especially as watching Mark Alpern's Zoom call on Friday, he was disgusted with the media focusing on and arguing about who gets the most credit for bringing this deal together. That's not the way to get things accomplished.
Speaker 4: It's almost as if that is their only interest, right, exactly, the day to day bickering of politics as opposed to governments and governance and policy and actual outcomes for actual human beings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and history. It won't matter. It won't matter at all. I thought the coverage of the hostages being freed was weird. In most cases, it was way too happy. I mean, it's, you know, it'd be great to get your loved one back and they're still alive. But let's not pretend that these young women, some attractive twenty year old who was grabbed from a concert hasn't gone through absolute hell for the last year and a half. One woman is missing fingers because they were shot off or something like that when she originally was fighting captors. Remember a woman who was released like a year ago talking about being raped daily. Guy would come in and hit her with the butt of his rifle and raper every day. I mean, these are some really rough stories.
Speaker 4: Well right, and the coverage was like they just on Olympic medals or something like that. That is entirely a happy occasion, not a not a relief after the grim, in some cases unimaginably grim holding of women and children hostage by in this organization of monsters.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the video of the one of the women being transferred from the Hamas vehicle to the Israeli vehicle there and you had all the Hamas fighters their faces covered, guns, screaming at this woman as she walked ten feet or they moved her ten feet from one car to the other. Freaking monsters, animals. They need to be killed, every single freaking one of them. National Review out with a good piece on how this is just such a horrible deal. Neither president should be trying to take credit for it, because in retrospect it's going to look like a horrible deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only relief to me is that I expected to fall apart within a week, two weeks tops.
Speaker 2: There's no idea about those Hamas fighters.
Speaker 4: No, and the quote unquote deal to get to hostages back at least some of them, God bless their souls, is giving Hamas an excellent opportunity to reconstitute itself so it can continue trying to wipe Israel.
Speaker 2: Off the map.
Speaker 1: The inauguration proceedings are getting started. We'll give you play by play on that.
Speaker 4: Among other things, Armstrong and Getty