Speaker 1: Is this a great game or what with the Hall of Famer Tim Kirkshin. I am Jeff Kirkshon, Dad, A player hit four home runs in one game. We're gonna get into that. It's been so crazy. A triple play that wasn't really a triple.
Speaker 2: Play, right, and we had a couple of wild walk offs in a couple of series. It was a bizarre weekend, Jet But I'm telling you every weekend of this season, every week of this season, has been totally bizarre to me. This is the jumping off point of the twenty twenty five season. It has made absolutely no sense, and last weekend especially made no sense, which is again, Jem, this is why we do this show. This is why we cover baseball for a living, so we can slap our forehead and go, how did that happen? I've done it a hundred times this season, already a bunch of times this weekend.
Speaker 1: So before we dive into the weekend, in the take ways, Dad, we we screwed the pooch.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, ever, we have to take I'll take full blame for all of these.
Speaker 1: Go ahead said, we almost got canceled, and here's why. Last week on the show. We had mel Kiper the week of the NFL draft, right, and so we kind of did a little bit of a football theme here in the football offseason. And and Dad, you came up with a team Tim that involved the All Football Baseball Team. So these are the best players to play both sports. And well, we're just gonna say we left out the maybe the greatest two sport athletes.
Speaker 2: Of all time, right right, we left boj I left Bo Jackson off the All Football Baseball team when he is clearly the greatest combination of baseball and football that has ever played. I'm not sure how I did this, Jeff, but I got to the album fielders, and I've got Deonce Sanders and Brian Jordan and Jim Thorpe, and I thought Kirk Gibson, so I thought, well, I got enough outfielders. He just moved on, and I just moved on because I once you get three or four, you just say, right, that's enough. And I left off Bo Jackson. So we got a call from a very nice caller like, did Tim have a senior moment? Yes, Tim, at age sixty eight, has senior moments more often than he should. This is the worst one I've ever had, and I do these lists every week, and I'm not apologizing to anyone. These are pointless lists. They don't mean anything. However, this one one meant something and I got it completely wrong. The only other guy who's really called in to say, how could you leave this guy off? Was I left on the All Eclipse Team? I left Moonlight Graham off the All Eclipse Team. And a guy wrote tweeted to me, and he's right, how would you leave Moonlight Graham off the All Eclipsed team? He's right? Only the guy who wrote it about Bo Jackson was totally right. All I could say is I'm sorry, I'm sixty eight at a terrible mistake was terrible, omission was made.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Do you feel better now?
Speaker 2: Yes, it would be like leaving Seth Beer off the All Saint Patrick Steve. Thank god I got him right.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're glad that we could come on. It was frustrating that it was on a Thursday show and we didn't have until Tuesdays. I almost had our PR people on it as a nightmare. Jeff, look, I am laughing right now. But when you called to tell me, did we leave Bo Jackson?
Speaker 2: Off. I am not exaggerating, no sympathy required, but I had a sleepless night thinking how could I have forgotten the number one guy on the list? I would be like leaving Babe Ruth off the all time baseball player list.
Speaker 1: And can I just say, and this speaks volumes to the people who listen to this show, the members of our family, as we call it. Right, nobody messaged in and said how many are are you? That's what social media would do. Now, let it be known. I purposely did not put that list on social media as to save my dad's career.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: However, everybody who had messaged in was super polite and super cool about it, and we're glad that you're listening and paying attention that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now I'm worried that they're really paying attention this much, because if I make another mistake, they're going to point it out. That was awful and I'm sorry, and it's not gonna happen again.
Speaker 1: We have another team, tim Dad. Hopefully you'll redeem yourself today.
Speaker 2: And this one's a surprise even for you, Joe. So I'm going to spring this on you at the end of the episode, and I'm going to tell you that eu Haanios Tuarez has something to do with it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I mean, let's go right to the takeaway is great transition, dadus.
Speaker 2: So Euhanio Suarez hit four home runs in a game the other night. So he's the nineteenth player in Major league history to hit four home runs in one game. Keep in mind that Gary Sheffield, David or ti He's Raphael Palmarrow, all five hundred home run hitters never hit three in a game. This is the third three plus home run game of Suarez's career and his first, of course, four homer game. The last guy to hit four homers in a game was JD. Martinez, and he was also a member of the Diamondbacks, So the last two players who did this were members of the Diamondbacks. So Tory Leavello, the manager of the Diamondbacks, is the only manager to manage two players who hit four home runs in one game. Think about that for a second. So before JD. Martinez, the last guy to hit four homers in a game was Scooter Janette, who, by the way, he hit eighty seven homers in his career, but he hit four in one game and one of his teammates on the Reds that year was Uhanio Nel Juarez. So, as I told you, Jeff, I listened to this in higher game driving from home to Bristol to do baseball tonight, six hours in the car, listen to every pitch. Darren O'Day was doing the color on the radio for the Braves broadcast in a four homer game. He's great, by the way, Jeff, not good. He's great, and he's just started his broadcasting career. He was fantastic. But I didn't know this. The last guy before Scooter Janetta hit four homers in a game was Josh Hamilton. So after Suarez hit his fourth, Darren O'Day says, oh, by the way, I gave up Josh Hamilton's fourth home run of the game that night in Baltimore Way, How great is that? So here I'm driving up thinking like I've learned like a hundred things tonight, but I've forgotten that Darren O'Day had given up number four to Josh Hamilton. And now Darren O'Day is broadcasting a game in which Johanio Suarez hit his fourth, which is just incredible.
Speaker 1: Another wrinkle in this whole four homer takes right.
Speaker 2: There are so many wrinkles, so that homer gave him ten homers for the year he has he had nineteen hits, so over half of his hits or home runs. And also he's the third player to hit four homers in a game, yet his team lost ed Delahanty in the eighteen hundreds, and Bob Horner hit four homers in a game in which their team lost. And I hope this means something, Jeff. But on the way to Bristol, it's a six hour ride and I have nothing else to do. I don't listen to music, but I listened to every game on the radio. Serius XM Radio's the greatest invention of my lifetime. But I'm thinking I'm driving them all by myself, of course, and I'm thinking I got to be able to name the nineteen guys off the top of my head who hit four home runs in a game. So I do pretty darn well because I used to have this list memorize. I have him tried it in a long time. But I got to eighteen and I couldn't come up with the nineteenth guy. So I considered, all right, I might have to cheat on this, but I got an hour left to go before Bristol, So I got one more hour, and I say, I'm not getting out of this car till I get this right. So, Jeff, if you're in a car and you want to cheat on a question or get information on a question, how do you do that in your car? Who do you call?
Speaker 1: I mean you call the Elias Fortunes?
Speaker 2: No? No, in your car? Like is there a button in your car that you can call to answer a question? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do Siri? Right, you ask siria question?
Speaker 2: So get this. I don't even know how to use sirious.
Speaker 1: Because well that was immediately where my head went. But I was assuming you had no clue how to do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to do it. But get this, Jeff. And I find this to be the stupidest thing, maybe of my entire life. The nineteenth guy, the last guy I got was in nineteen forty eight, Pat Siri No hit four homers in a game?
Speaker 1: How about that? If I knew how to.
Speaker 2: Call Siri, I might have. But that's when I figured out who the nineteenth guy was. Was thinking about calling Siri, which I don't know how to do, And the answer was Pat Siris ee r e y.
Speaker 1: She would have said, my grandfather, Pat Siri.
Speaker 2: Jeff, this is the life that your dad leaves. I know he's driving six hours in the middle of the night to get to work, and all he can think about is can I name all nineteen guys? This is a challenge I put myself through and I got him right with a little help from Siri, Pat Serri, Pat Siri.
Speaker 1: What other takeaways you got for us?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jeff, So the Tigers are really good. I told you I saw them in the playoffs last year, got a really good look at them, and through Sunday they're eighteen and ten. Now. Last year, Jeff, they won in part because they had Trek Scuble, the best pitcher in the American League, and as aj Hinch, the managers say, we're Trek Schuble and then we're chaos, like we don't even know who's starting next game or the game after that. Well, now they've got their rotation straight out. Casey Mies, once one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, has found it after a bunch of injuries. He's four and one two point one two er. Jack Flaherty is in the rotation so this tremendous, you know, weakness they had after their start, after their a starter is no longer a weakness. I really like what I see from the Tigers spots plus Spencer Torklsen, their big first baseman is having a very good year. Remember overall number one pick in the country, Spencer Torklsen, and he struggled terribly and the and the Tiger sent him to the minor leagues last year, and he fixed his swing, and he came back and hit last year and has hit all of this year. And the takeaway there is that aj Hinch told me he's such a good manager. He's such a great feel with people. He told me he called Spencer Torkelsen every day during his minor league stay last year just to make sure to see how he's doing and make sure, Look, you're a part of our team. We just got to get you straight out.
Speaker 1: Just looking out for you.
Speaker 2: Does that tell you something about the manager? And if you're a player and your guy calls you every day, do you not think I gotta do my best for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you got to think too, Hey, this is temporary, so let me fix out the kinks and get going. That's a great that's a great manager. It's a great boss.
Speaker 2: Of course. That goes for any any industry that you're in. Right, Okay, The Yankees, at least for the moment, have changed their closer to Luke Weaver, who's great, not good. Great. He was tremendous last year when he finally developed his perfect change up, which changed the entire arc of his career. But Devin Williams is out. Williams is a great pitcher. He has the best change up in baseball. Last year he gave up three runs in twenty two appearances, and then he gave up three runs in back to back appearances this year for the Yankees, and they just have to give him another role in the bullpen until he gets it straightened out. I told you I wrote a story on the change up, most important pitch in baseball, And if you lose the field for the change up, it becomes like an eighty four by all hour fastball, and they know it's coming, then that's a BP fastball and you're in a lot of trouble. That's what's happened to Devin Williams. But it's gonna change. He'll be the closer before the season's over, and if Luke Weaver is your setup guy, you're in pretty darn good shape. Lastly, you talked about the triple play that wasn't a triple play. So Saturday in the Nationals game, an amazing three game, well, an amazing weekend series met there was a line drive hit too, Nathaniel Lowe, the first basemen, two guys on, nobody out and it looked like it short hopped him. They called it a catch. The runners were running and so it really wasn't a triple play. But the umpire's upheld the call because there is no replay on balls that don't leave the infield, and the Jeff look, we're big on pire guys. We're not here to slam anybody, but why is there not Why are you not allowed to review a ball that doesn't leave the infield? That ball needed to be reviewed, That ball was not caught. That is not a triple play, but it was so bang bang. That's where replay really comes in Handy, am I wrong about this?
Speaker 1: I think you're absolutely right. And we've seen this for years in the NFL. You know, they're like, well that's not reviewable though, and it's like, well, clearly that was there wasn't a catch or whatever it might be. So these rules, I mean, I look at it as that if we're gonna have replay, might as well just have replay and do it right.
Speaker 2: We might as replay everything except for balls and strikes, which we're gonna be doing sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: Yes, what do you got for Quirk Gins, These are the best parts of the game that we love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So we talked about some of the crazy walkoffs. So Friday night and Nationals Park, we just talked about what an amazing weekend series that was against the Mets. Friday Night. Cj Abrams, who can really run, is on first base, three to two count, two outs, ninth inning and he's running on a three to two pitch. James Wood hits a single up the middle, and cj Abrams scores from first base on a walk off single. Now does that sound odd to you? Ye?
Speaker 1: Very strange.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm surprised, I asked Frank from the Elias. Last time it happened. It was in twenty twenty one. Miguel really, yeah, I thought it would be before that. Miguel Cabrera singled up the middle or singled and Jonathan Scope scored from first base with a walk off single that scored a runner from first. So it's been almost five years since that happened. I thought it would have been longer.
Speaker 1: Now, do you. I mean, I don't want to get into the fine tuning of scoring, but at a certain point, well, maybe if he's running on the pitch, I'm trying to think about. Maybe maybe the guy who hit the ball didn't want to risk getting out at second, right, so he didn't want to stretch what would have been a double into a double and just said I'm going to say it at first because there's no point of me being on second because if it's fresh and no, that's part of it, Jeff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: In that situation, the runner getting to second with two outs is irrelevant, right, And if you get out at all, yeah, that's that's a fireable offense.
Speaker 1: I mean, now I'm trying to justify. Okay, maybe it does make more sense that guys are hitting singles, Okay.
Speaker 2: The other walk off was Sunday in San Francisco. Elliott Ramos of the Giants high score two to two against the Rangers. He singles and an infield hit and the balls thrown all over the field, and it's what we called jeff a little league home run. That he's got a single and errors brought him the rest of the way home, so it goes as a walk off single, even though he didn't drive anybody in. But the game ended on a single, which is the single that he hit. So I asked again Frank from the Elias, when's the last time a game ended quite like that? And to my astonishment, a game ended like that last year when Josh Young of the Rangers had a hit that scored a run and then an error ended up scoring him the batter runner with the winning run. And Josh Young was also a player in that game yesterday as Sunday against the Giants, So the last two times that happened, Josh Young was involved in the plays.
Speaker 1: Maybe we got to talk to our friends, a game changer of how the moms and dads are scoring that, because if you're under thirteen, that's a home run, right? And I say that because I think my only career triple in little league was an error filled single, really right, probably just an error filled error. I don't even think I reached Jeff.
Speaker 2: You were a better player than you gave yourself credit for. All right, So Brenton Doyle of the Rockies struck out four times out of the leadoff spot the other day. So that marks the ninth time this year that a leadoff hitter has struck out four times or more in a game. That's the most ever before the month of May. And I keep telling you this, Jeff, because the lead opposition has changed so much in baseball, it doesn't make any sense anymore. We put Aaron Judge, we put shohe Otani, we put Kyle Schwarber, we put Austin Wells, We put almost anybody in the leadoff spot to get more at bats. But the leadoff spot used to be the pixie little second baseman who put the ball in play, didn't strike out, could run. Those days are over, and this statistic certainly proves that out. So Austin Wins. We told you the other day he was one of that eight to nine group that you drove in fourteen runs in one game. So Austin Wins, backup catcher for the Reds, in consecutive games, not back to back games, but consecutive games for him, had eight hits and nine RBIs and he's like a bottom of the order hitter, the backup catcher for the Reds. So he tied the Reds franchise record for most hits and most are in consecutive starts, so you know the rich history of the Reds. He tied a record with record. I don't even know who holds those records, but Johnny Bench, George Foster, Frank Robinson, all these guys, these great players played for the Reds. And now Austin Wins is in that group.
Speaker 1: He is a part of some real royalty in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Writer, and we love it all right. Last thing, Jeff, So Saturday night, I got a kick out of this. The Mariners beat the Marlins fourteen to nothing. Anytime there's a fourteen to nothing scores, somebody says, oh, there was a football game that happened on Friday on Saturday night in Seattle. So just take a guess for me, Jeff, do you think there was a fourteen to nothing game in the NFL last year?
Speaker 1: My guess would be, well, the Browns did play last year. And I can make that joke because I lived in Cleveland for three years. Three years I lived in Cleveland. They won one game.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to eleven Browns home games, oh and eleven really yeah.
Speaker 2: So, Jeff, wherever you go winning follows. You went to Cleveland and the Cabs won. You went to Cleveland and the Indians went.
Speaker 1: To the World Series, went to Vegas when the Golden Knights went to the Stanley Cup Final and then won the Stanley Cup Final. Years later, then I moved to Philly. Right, and in the first year I live here in Philly, Philly to miracle comeback in twenty twenty two to make it to the World Series. Then the Eagles go to the Super Bowl. Later a couple of years win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So right, didn't someone from Portland, some average some fan call you and say, Jeff, can you please move to Portland? We need we need some help.
Speaker 1: I've had three different cities friends of mine contact me, Portland and Buffalo and Miami. Now I didn't feel as bad about Miami. You had all those championships with Lebron But Portland and Buffalo could use some Jeff Kirkshond magic on the radio.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, so, Jeff. The last NFL football game that ended fourteen to nothing was in two thousand and eight. Wow, eight two thousand and eight, and get this, the Bengals beat the Browns fourteen to nothing.
Speaker 1: Wow. That is beautiful. That is so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: And that is our quirk gins coming up next here shortly on is this a great game? Or what we're gonna get that mysterious team tim hoping to redemption, get a redemption there for my dad, redemption.
Speaker 2: Irredeemable Jeff. After the Bojacks of the state.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna unrelate them because there's nothing we can do to win you back. But we've got that. We've got an on the state in baseball history.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 1: And then my intern and my full time job asked me a question. That's going to be our kirkhon quandary. That's all coming up next on this is a great game or what? All right, Dad, let's jump right into.
Speaker 2: On this date in baseball history, right, So, on this date in nineteen eighty six, Roger Clemens struck out twenty Seattle Mariners in one game. So he's the first pitcher ever to strike out twenty in a nine inning game. Tom Cheney holds the record with twenty one strikeouts, but that was in extra innings. So Roger Clemens strikes out twenty. By the way, ten years later he had another twenty strikeout games. So he had two twenty strikeout games and they were ten years apart. So if you wonder how great Roger Clemens was, all you got to do is know that note. So a week later, the Red Sox are in Seattle to face the Mariners again, and he's doing a radio interview like the day before his start, and the poor guy interviewing him got a little bit confused and said to him, Roger, the last time you faced the Mariners, you struck out thirty. So Roger, to his eternal credit, very politely said well, actually it was only twenty. And the poor radio guy pats him on the back and goes, well, maybe thirty the next time, do which, like the people, I'm sure the people in the broadcast booth said, great recovery there, whereas I think Roger had every ride to say, yeah, I'm gonna pitch ten innings and strike out everyone everywhere everyone. That's so that was the last. That was April twenty ninth, nineteen eighty six, and a little closer to home for me, Jeff on April twenty ninth, nineteen eighty eight. That was the night that the Orioles won their first game of the season. Remember the eighty eight Orioles started out oh and twenty one. Yeah, and I was the beat writer for the Baltimore Sun. I covered every one of those losses. And the first game they finally won was a Friday night at then Comiski Park. They beat the White Sox nine to nothing. Mark Williamson and Dave Schmidt combined on the shutout and Eddie Murray, hall of Famer, hit a home run in the first inning to give them the lead. Cal Ripken, hall of Famer, had four hits in that game. And it just amazes me. They had two Hall of Famers on that team, not their fault, and they lost twenty one consecutive games. They'll never forget being in Frank Robinson's office after the game and the phone rang in there and he picked it up and he goes, yes, mister President, like he was joking that the President of the United States had called him to congratulate him. But as you know the storage, you have to be right. The President had called him during the winnings the losing streak to offer some sort of support to which it's a long story which I've told fifty times. I'm not going to tell it again. But the President called Frank Robinson and said to Frank after the lost number eighteen in a row, Frank, I know what you're going through. And Frank said, mister President, you got no idea what I'm going through. Well, that was the night that the streak ended, April twenty ninth, nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: That's on this state in baseball history.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 1: I thought I could kind of surprise you here today. So I'm a country music morning show host in Philadelphia. Our show's played in Boston and Las Vegas. And this morning my intern walks into my office after the show and he says, hey, I.
Speaker 2: Got a question for you.
Speaker 1: They going, okay, yeah, what can I do to help? How can I help you? I'm helping him learn how to edit video and do some other stuff. Our intern looks at me and he goes, I think one hundred men could kill a gorilla. I said, excuse me, and he goes, I'm sorry. I just me and my buddies are texting about this, and I think it's ridiculous. I don't think one hundred men could kill a gorilla. So we we sat there and talked about it, and I thought, this is perfect for a Kirchen quandary. One hundred men, no weapons, just men against one gorilla. Dad. Do you think one hundred men and they are allowed to plan before, they're allowed to get together, one hundred men and make a plan. If if a hundred men can figure out anything together, then yeah, they'll do that. Do you think who wins?
Speaker 2: Where? Where is the where is the fight taking place?
Speaker 1: Is this cage match?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it in a cage? Is it a jungle or what?
Speaker 1: It's it's yeah, it's not just open ground.
Speaker 2: Just all right, all right, it's on a football field. Never mind, it's a football field. All right. This is the stupidest hypothetical I've ever heard. Can can get a man killed? A charging tiger with a chainsaw? Was the previous dubbest thing I've ever heard. But I love that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: All right. I'm gonna say that the hundred men strategically could figure out a way to kill them. How much is one hundred men weigh?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you say the average let's let's take an average weight one hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 2: Two hundred pounds we need. We need one hundred two hundred pounds men.
Speaker 1: So you and Iron we're not in this, okay, So two hundred pound yeah, I mean that's that's two hundred thousand pounds of man, all right?
Speaker 2: If they charge all at the same time, could they knock? Could they could? Yes, they could knock them to the ground. How do you how do you kill a gorilla? Though? Do you hit him in the head?
Speaker 1: I think it's just I think you just have to suffocate him. Just put a hundred men on top of them. I mean, the first ten men are gonna totally.
Speaker 2: Be dead, but well maybe the first fifty men. But then now we're down to oh, now we're down to can fifty men kill? All right? I'm gonna say one hundred men could somehow, given that their lives are at stake, one hundred men could figure out how to kill one gorilla.
Speaker 1: It may be the dumbest Kirkhon quandary because it has no importance to anything we're talking about, nor does it have any theme to it. Usually we theme it out, you know, could you beat Tiger Woods had one hundred year?
Speaker 2: Usually there's a hook. Jeff there's no there's no hook for a curiate intern. Now, speaking of the stupidest Jeb, Now, I'm going to give you the stupidest team, Tim of all time. I did this in hopes of redemption, as you said, for leaving Bo Jackson off the All UH baseball football team. Okay, so I'm just going to start to read this, and I want you to tell me when you understand where I'm going with this. Do you remember my clue? And it's a.
Speaker 1: Big I got your clue. You don't need to give me any more clues.
Speaker 2: First basement is Vinnie Pascotino. The second basement.
Speaker 1: All of the players have all of the vowels.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you cheated. You looked at you dare you did?
Speaker 1: Dad? You are the least subtle at clues. What is what? All right? All right? You told me about Hano was going to be in it, so I know our thing. I brought up to you last week that olmar Viscal also is he the shortstop? So I mean, listen, Dad, I didn't I wish I could have let you just go through, and you should go through your team.
Speaker 2: Tim.
Speaker 1: I will let you do it, but I wanted to prove to you one that your your clues subtlety, as subtle as a sledgehammer.
Speaker 2: Dad. But all right, I'm sorry that I insulted you, Jeff, I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 1: As soon as I heard the first one, I knew what I was looking for, and I Vinnie. I was like, and then when you hit me.
Speaker 2: Vinnie Pascuatino, that was pretty okay. I'm sorry, all right, kill v O Varus is the second baseman, marvisal shortstop, and you Haneo Suarez is the third base.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you. I'm only interrupting because this is genuinely a pet peeve, or is it not? When you're listing out players, right, who plays first? Second?
Speaker 2: There's you could go shortstop, then third. Well, it's the third thing. What I'm saying, third shortstop because if you're going to do three, four, five, six the third base.
Speaker 1: Do you do it by the scorer's book right exactly what you're saying, or or the position? Do you if you don't have a preference either way. I'm just genuinely asking.
Speaker 2: I usually go I usually go third basement first and then the shortstop, but a lot of times I switch around. I don't think there's a correct answer. Okay, but I just Jeff, you're starting to think like I didn't want to commit a starting to really worry me.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to commit a crime. Like when Mark Simon reached out to me and said, I said, the MLB, I mean pretty much he deleted my number after.
Speaker 2: That, The NFL, the NBA.
Speaker 1: It all makes sense.
Speaker 2: And it's MLB, not them, the big League. It's the big League, like the Major League Baseball. Okay, outfield moist is salou.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Jack Fournier, who led the Major led his league in home runs. He's the only guy to lead his league in home runs with all the vowels in his last name or in both names. So if if Janio Suarez does, he'll become the second one Carlos Quinton most home runs ever by someone whose last name begins with a Q. And our catcher. I had to look this one up. Julio Moscaro, which he played in the last twenty years, but I frankly don't remember him. Played for Toronto very very well.
Speaker 1: Where do you even start when you need to cull? Look? What do you type in?
Speaker 2: Right? Well? I did this yesterday and I just typed in in my Encyclopedia online q U. There were one hundred and seventy seven players q U, so because you is usually the hardest one, so I didn't go through all the names, but I started with qu and this was the list I came up with. And my two pictures. And you know you're not allowed to use the same name twice because it's cheating, but we have two pictures with the same Nelson and Ed Figueroa. Is what is the significance of Figueroa?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Help me here.
Speaker 2: It has all of them right, Oh yeah, in the in the last name right, yeah, now, I'm sure. I'm sure. David. First, this is gonna call us and tell us about other guys who have all the vowels in their last name. But I know that Ed and Nelson Figueroa have all the vowels in their last name. And that's why they're the two pictures on our team.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. That's our team. Tim redemption round, Dad, I gotta say I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: I'm still like, I'm still hurting inside from bo Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we had the largest amount of unsubscribers, and I'm just kidding. Don't don't worry.
Speaker 2: We laugh and we learn on the show, and I learned a lesson. Don't don't just get to three outfielders of move on.
Speaker 1: Move on, make sure we're not missing anybody. Hey, So tomorrow the podcast will feature an interview with Steve Sparks. And let me tell you right now, I personally, if you're like me, I didn't know much about Steve Sparks right new his former major leaguer, spent some time in the miners. Now he's a broadcaster for the Astros. That's pretty much it. So when you bring in a heavy hitter like a Coward Ken Jr. Or Johnny Bench right, I get nervous, I get excited, right and we know more or less what to expect from that person. Steve Sparks completely blew me away.
Speaker 2: We laughed, we cried.
Speaker 1: It was such a fun time, and he taught us a bunch of things. He did, he did. I cannot recommend enough. Don't look at the feed tomorrow and think, oh, I'm not familiar with him. I haven't heard of him.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Just listen, I promise you you will be entertained the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeh. When I talk to young students about becoming a journalist broadcaster and they say what should I be looking for? I tell them all, just be curious, keep your eyes open, keep your ears open. That's what Steve Sparks does as well as certainly any former player that I've ever seen. And he's right on the top of the list of people who think outside the box on stuff. And he' said at the edge of our interview, he said, I'm hoping to become a seamhead, and I'm thinking hoping to become a seam ed. You're one of the captains of the All Seamed team already, and you're a former player. That's the separator for Steve spart not to mention that he.
Speaker 1: Is a member of the family. I mean he listened. The amount of recall he had for episodes this or last season was unbelievable, which is so flattering.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 1: That's something our guests do not need to listen. We don't need, you know. Gosh, it's like trying to even handcuff your wife, my mom to listen to one episode is difficult. But that was a really cool moment, right and when I saw him in Minneapolis earlier this year for radio game.
Speaker 2: We came up to be it just said poor Popa and I went, oh my gosh, Steve, you've been watching way too much.
Speaker 1: You're part of the family, and so are you. We love doing this show.
Speaker 2: We do it for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for listening, and as always, thank you so much for being a part of our family.