Speaker 1: I looked at my phone, Edgy him like, you know, Lebrun just posted the song.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what, Yeah, but it said he ain't no, not one word. But it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: I need watched Lebron rap songs and I know the words for real. He knew. Yeah. That was good for him because he don't be knowing songs for you.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, all my life, grinding all my life, sacrifice Hustle pet Price, one slice got the brother of Geist.
Speaker 2: To swap all my life.
Speaker 3: I've been grinding all my life, all my life, drowning all my life, sacrifice Hustle pet Price one Slice got the Broler Geist the.
Speaker 1: Swap all my life.
Speaker 3: I've been grinding all my life.
Speaker 2: Hello, Welcome to another episode of Club Shay Shay. I am your host, Shannon Sharp. I'm also the propriet of Club Shasha. The young lady that's stopping buy for conversation to drink today is a natural boring star. She's one of the most promising young voices in the rap. She's a Grammy nominated hit maker, a Golden Platinum selling a superstar, a member of twenty twenty three Double Excel Freshman Class, Queen of Anthem, Princess of Memphis, everyone's favorite new artist big Low. Yeah, here she is glow. Really, you know you are so good with introduced like you just might be.
Speaker 1: Remember who the fuck I am? You?
Speaker 2: You that dome you heard before we get started. This is my own personal conjact. You're gonna leave here with a bottle. Okay, so thank you so much for stopping by club chet Shap. All right, we're taking it to the dome.
Speaker 1: Were taken to the dome. I just got my tape of what we're going to the dome, all of this, all of it? What?
Speaker 2: Okay, there go.
Speaker 1: You gotta hold on. We got to tap the table with it.
Speaker 2: I might fall on the table if I take this one. Alright, madam, you more woman I ever be man doing all that?
Speaker 1: Woo, there's some ship right there?
Speaker 2: Were good. I mean, we got your own we got your own concoction.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I'm gonna at these shots settling.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna let that settle in and.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna both poell right, Okay, Okay, what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, pretty soon after this you might be interview with me to cut. Okay, let's let's talk about your new single, Yeah, Glow, it's going crazy in the streets on the internet. Tell me what's your thinking, what's your thought process and doing your glow.
Speaker 1: So basically, yell Glow is like me talking to myself, like there was a song actually me showing myself love and amping myself, you know what I'm saying. And because you know, like we all go through go through stuff and artists and stuff, and you know we just get too. We all got dark times and stuff. So yeh, Glow was like a hype song for myself, but it turned out to be a hype song for everybody. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Glow you feel, yeah, yeah, and so yeah, so did you did you forget who you were?
Speaker 1: I didn't forget who I was. It's just like, okay, so you know, like this shot kind of pulled up.
Speaker 2: That quick. Damn Okay.
Speaker 1: So I didn't forget who I was. You know what I'm saying. I forgot yo, who the fuck I am? Like sometimes some shit can get to you. Yeah, like we all go through this, Like I got tough skin at the end of the day, but she did get to you, man, So like I've got like bitch you gramming on Lady hole, you doing this like all that type shit. So it was just me hopping myself back up and let myself know I'm.
Speaker 2: The bitch because I think sometimes people look at us because we're entertainers where celebrities we make money. We do this where people know who we are, they forget that we're human. And after a while it starts coming with such with such an avalanche feel, it can start to wear on you and you like, hold on, man, damn this. I want to I want to say something back, or I want to get on get on somebody's platform and cut somebody out so I can understand what you're feeling. What you're talking about, is that the way you was kind of feeling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you know me, I don't respond a lot on in it. So I just read to put it in my merrasy.
Speaker 2: Okay, And that was just it. What what you just say? What you're gonna put it in? What is music? That's right?
Speaker 1: What? It would take so much for me to say, to say it right, I know I can't say it right. Bill will take so much.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a Memphis state we put We.
Speaker 1: Tend to put ours out in words. They gat you in the middle oh m and cooing yep.
Speaker 2: So we so have you always been like that? So this has been this way since you were a little girl.
Speaker 1: How we talk? Go to Methius. You're gonna see everybody talk just like me.
Speaker 2: Wow. So that when you started, when you started in this business, did they try to get you to change, like how you talk? Because I mean, obviously, like different languages you can say and it sounds the same, but the way you talk and the way you sing and where it sounds is entirely How are you able to do that?
Speaker 1: So like you feel like I'm country here like a.
Speaker 2: Corn cob and but it's good. I'm from Rual, South Georgia, so I'm like that also. Yeah, And I went to like when I first got in television, I went to classes, I went to path speak pathologists, and I went to everybody trying to change. But at the end of the day, I was about to change. Who I am this country slang in which not slang, but the country countrysm in which I have this colloquial dialect. That's who I am, exactly you, that's who you are, That's what makes you glow.
Speaker 1: But like people weren't trying to give me the change, and like it was just really people me finding out that people love how manythas people talk because I had never knew we had an accident ever until like I blew up and started going into other cities. Yeah, like I never knew. I really thought we talking normal zale and so once I started doing invities when I first blew up and they aboudy like, oh my god, she's country, and like they got an accent, the accent so strong. I'm like, damn this, how this is every day? Talking like this? How we talk? Well?
Speaker 2: When you around everybody that sound like you, that's that's normal. Until you get outside You're like, well, damn what the are y'all taking badly?
Speaker 1: Making me feel like I speak like uh Spanish song?
Speaker 2: So the new album everything Everything, but it's everything everything or everything.
Speaker 1: Everything everything anything now No, not everything everything everything anything?
Speaker 2: So how did you come up with that title? Wait?
Speaker 1: You gotta see it first?
Speaker 2: Everything everything, everything, everything together everything everything? That's right? Hey glow, you're not fingna have me walking up out of here talking like this, okay, because I gotta I gotta go on TV for real. You know they like the accent. You might so you're gonna have me with like Madonna with that fake British accent. You're gonna have me talking be talking, fake Memphis.
Speaker 1: No, A' ain't gonna be faked though, because you're gonna get used to it.
Speaker 2: He ain't. So when you when you sit down there and you and you you're doing the album, tell me what's going through your mind when you want to do this album.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a project. It's not gonna be an album. It's gonna be a mixtape.
Speaker 2: Okay, a mixtape. And so.
Speaker 1: My thought process is not thinking too hard because last year I was thinking too hard because I was an album mode because I was gonna drop my first album initially, and so I went to thinking like, Okay, it gotta be big because I shot straight up and I would just be and so I was like, I was just thinking too hard about it. And so once I had told God, I'm like, I want to do a mix tape instead of album. I want to do an album. I'm gonna do a mixtape first, and it's like the songs just start flowing out, Like every day I go to studio, I'm making something like and the day all sounded good and so it was because I got a mixtape mode, like I wasn't thinking too hard on it.
Speaker 2: And so, yeah, did you start to overthink things because like you said, you came out with an album and say, okay, obviously you blew up. And then is it a natural action or an instinct to try to come out with another album? What made you decide to go mixtape instead of album number two?
Speaker 1: See, my first one wasn't an album, it was the EP, okay, And so yeah, after my EP did well, I was like, okay, so if the EP did well, the album got to do way better than the EP because it's an album, right, And so it was just the pressure of the word album.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know what about that word give you so much pressure and made me overthink so hard, But this what it was.
Speaker 2: But you still get brother, it's a mixtape on an album, you're still EP. You still got to drop quality music and you have that ability. So why why why pressure yourself? Because you're adding undue pressure on yourself that doesn't need to be there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's why I told myself to stop overthinking, because like I said, I just want to go too big, like you know, what I'm saying, Like, I was like, okay, I'm gonna go. I was just trying to stretch out right, But the whole time people just like I got big if be and me, So I had to tell you that down. Yeah, So I'm like, Okay, I don't need to try to be bigger than what I am, like people.
Speaker 2: Like me for me the label that you're on, Yo, got it and you got He's one of the biggest producers. He does what he does. What did he tell I mean, he's in your ear, he's telling you. Is he telling you not to overthink it?
Speaker 1: Of course he'd be like, got it? Like when I be rapping on the gangster shit like and I make a gangster song or some shit hard, he'd be loving it, like I ain't gonna lie, Like even when I make like songs like my liquor song songs, I'll be scared to let him hear it. He talks crazy on songs and shit. So yeah, he'd be like you hard, you just got to record, And he would like one thing about me, I don't record a lot, Like if I don't like a song, i'm'na scratchy like the moment I write it, and it's not good, I'm not gonna record it or nothing, and so like I could be in the studio for ten hours write two songs not like him, and I won't record. He just be telling me, like, record him every song it might end up being good, And I don't think it's good, right, you know what I'm saying? Every song you make not just gonna be like this, but just do it. You never know what the song gonna do, but.
Speaker 2: Could it possibly be? And he's trying to tell you, like what you thinking and then you put it like you hear it back for yourself. You're like, you know what, Yeah, as bad as I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It's like that a lot with me, like even yeah glow, Like when I first accorded it, it was hard. And so I guess I was listening to it too much. I was like, should I change this? I don't know, maybe they're not gonna like this, Like I start thinking too hard. I said, you know what, let me stop listening to the song, because everybody was telling me the song and sulf good. So I just said, I'll be over thinking.
Speaker 2: So did you always want to be a rapper? So what when when you were like, say, five, six, eight years old? What did you want to be?
Speaker 1: Should we pull up another other?
Speaker 2: God already? So I guess it's I guess this dot wore off. Go ahead, but no the kid lamar pull up, drink drink head shot drink.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do. You know what I'm saying? Okay, well, no, I didn't always think I was gonna be a rapper. It's how long you take wine. It's not a shot, you see thick.
Speaker 2: I ain't never had. This was my first time ever drinking wine.
Speaker 1: Seriously. Yeah, well you're gonna like this. You're gonna keep everybody.
Speaker 2: I put everybody on I hope not.
Speaker 1: No, It's not nasty or nothing like. It's juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, So this is your first time drinking wine, first time you ever drinking wine.
Speaker 1: I feel good about it. You feel good shaw to drink wine for the first time. Let's get around of applause for this.
Speaker 2: So what I do is take itself grape juice, right, Yeah, that's like that, uh that Morgan David we used to drink in church? Yeah yeah, yeah, So can I call you?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: So is that what people call you? Did to call you the full glow? Real or did they just call you glow?
Speaker 1: Yeah? If we cool, glow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're cool, we go okay, Well let me take a little shot. Mm hm, I'm gonna I'm gonna feel some type of way after this. When you start to hear people say, man, glow fillan, she a one hit. Wonder what's going through your mind? Are you anxious to get back into the studio and prove them mofos wrong? Or you just like it is what it is.
Speaker 1: You know, it put me back in the mindset. It made me more hungry, Like it put me back in the mindset from it's the same pressure from when I first blew up and I was trying to get the heat that I had, like when I got f andl. It put me back in the mold, like, well, you don't get it. It's like you're hunger is like a hundred times more stronger. And so, you know, often we don't we get comfortable when we don't know, we get comfortable, right, and so, like, I feel good about myself, you know what I'm saying. I made it, I did this, I did thick And so once the negative shit started coming back in, he put me right back in. I'm back in grind mold. Okay, y'all thinking I can't do this. I did it the first time. Why the fuck y'all think I can't do it again? It won't look you feel me like it's talent. At the end of the day, it is God. It was God first, being blessed, and it's the hard work, like you feel me. Why the fuck what you think I could do it again? Bench I'm finna do it just like I did the first time, the second time, the third time. We're gonna do this shit again.
Speaker 2: So how do you block out the noise?
Speaker 1: I ain't talking to you, I'm talking about like people. No.
Speaker 2: I understand that. No, but I don't know. Nohe No, I understand, but I'm saying, how do you block out the noise? You say you're not on the internet, but you do hear. I mean, if you don't hear, you got people around you. You got your team to hear what they said, and they come back to glow.
Speaker 1: The thing with me is criticism.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Like all my friends know when I talk to them, I'm the most blunt person they'll ever meet. Like if you my friend and she and you got a hole in your shirt, or like you got on an outfit. I'm like, I'm gonna tell you, I ain't gonna lie your outfit week is hell, but you know whatever, whatever, I'm so honest, and so I be telling them, I want you all to be dead honest with me, like, don't tell me everything good. I'm gonna feel like you know what I'm saying, right, Like, don't lie to me, Like tell me criticism because when I go out in the public, they gonna say it anyway. So it's certain shit that I take from criticism, like when people be talking she like, oh she did this, it's DC dead. Okay, I'm feel take heed to that.
Speaker 2: In phyx it, how did God tell you to handle the criticism?
Speaker 1: MA ain't got to be like beyonnescely to the bullshit like don't worry about it, like he just don't be on it.
Speaker 2: But you know what, people say that, but that is harder than it is because they ain't talking about him, they talking about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like I said, I like it. I mean I don't. Sometimes, like I said, it will make you feel some type of way at the end of your day, and then it's like having confidence. Okay, you saying that but they don't mean it's true. All y'all saying these ain't good, that ain't good, it don't mean it's true.
Speaker 2: Right, did you feel you blew up too fast? Because you were like here one day and the next day you way up here.
Speaker 1: So with it, I ain't gonna say it's too fast. I feel like everything is perfect timing, you feel me, So it's like I blew up fast, so I didn't have the time to make mistakes. Like everybody, like the normal artists that gradually blow up, they have chance to make mistakes, and it's not just the public eye just not on them all the way. But since I went from zero to one hundred, it was like, damn, I ain't got like the time to go in between the twenties, forties, fifties, sixties and like make my little mistakes without the whole world just being on me so long. But even with like all the pressure, you really just still make you a stronger person.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day when you have a hit. How much pressure is it on you when you have a hit like that and you blow up to feel that everything that you gotta make after that got to be at that level.
Speaker 1: That's where I started overthinking it because my first three songs was big. My first three songs like it was dropped and so it was like when after I dropped my EP and it did good too, and I had sold out my first too in ed thing, it was like, Okay, I sold out my first tool with the small rooms, so now I gotta make bigger songs and get the bigger room right instead of I won't. It was it was pressure. I was just thinking, I gotta go so big.
Speaker 2: But you do realize, glow, you can make great music and it might not have the commercial success. And to use Michael Jackson as an example, like Thriller, it drove him crazy because every song that he made after Thriller, he thought it was going to be that that's an anomaly. That's a once in a lifetime thing. Same thing with Milkat Wall and everybody's like, man, you ain't gonna never get another cat. I understand that, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do a quality conversation. So even if you don't have the commercial success as the first two or three, that doesn't mean you're not making great music. Do you understand that? I understand now, but it's still hard though, you still because that high of making that music and the way you feel and the city is buzzing. Blow that pool. Yeah, you know what you are. You want to feel that again. There's nothing like that initial high. There's nothing like that, and you chase it. It's just like a fiend, that first high. There's nothing like it, that first high you got when you made that first one and Memphis was buzzing, and then that thing went to Texas and then went to Georgia and went to New York into Cali. You crave it. You can't, you can't put it down, right.
Speaker 1: That was a great example. It was a great analogy.
Speaker 2: I ain't drinking no more. I'm drinking water.
Speaker 1: Wan.
Speaker 2: I w this water hard? So do you Is it harder now that you've done it? Because you I mean, like, I'm just how I feel if I do something once, I can do it again, right, So do you feel that same way? Do you feel like? Hell, I made a hip, I made two hits, I made three hits? Hell, why can I make four? Five? Six? Self? Make?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like me, I'm I'm super big on God and so like like so my mama she'd be like, what can I do for you, like, because you know, I pay my mom bills, I pay my parents' bills. What can I do to help you? I'll be like, just pray for me, like and keep me in your prayers, right, And I just feel like this is gonna always longer. I got God on my side, so you know, she can seem slow at one point, but like they say, he may not come with you want when you want them, but he gonna always be there. So I just feel like long is I'm staying prayed up and I'm actually doing the work, and I'm actually speaking what I wanted to existence and actually going for it. It's nothing that can stop me.
Speaker 2: You do realize it's the prayers you didn't even know your mom was praying.
Speaker 1: They got you this far exactly.
Speaker 2: So how how hard is it when you hear people I'm look people that you don't know. I mean, it doesn't bother you nearly as much as the criticism from someone you do know, like like DJ Academics says some things, can Sanat says some things even you even blocked them. Did you unblock them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was a whole joke.
Speaker 2: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: That was that one serious, like and That's another thing. People don't understand that I play too much. And I don't understand that people don't know me and don't know that I play too They don't exactly, And I hate to realize that because all my people, they didn't even call me, wh stay siwed me charling. They didn't even call me like, oh my god, I was going up. They know I play like these I just played too much, right, yeah, just be playing.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's what you Okay, So I'm I'm glad to hear that you're playing. But when you hear Lebron James saying yeah, glow and you know who Lebron is, I don't need awf without any further explanation. When you hear someone like that jam it rocking out to yours, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 1: Like? That was a feel like that was a half because like I was getting a massage. I was out here right yeah. So I was getting a massage and I'm hearing my phone blow up on the little massage table. I'm like, whatever it is, I'm get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they disturbing your peace right now?
Speaker 1: I was doing it right, So I looked at my phone ed call him like you know, Lebron just posted your song. I'm like, what, so I actually go reposting me and stuff. Then I was talking to I was talking to Rick, my manager. He was like, uh, I think you should go to the game. I said, hey, yeah, I want to go to the game. They got a game tonight. I'm fn pull up to that. I went straight to rodale Jo. I got me some the word. Me and my friend we've been to go to the game. I'm been to get over with le Brun, like, this is one of the biggest, one of the best. This is the best player in the league right now. Covid my favorite player, okay, Kobe, then Lebron after him, okay, and so like that was something like.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard Lebron is yeah, but it said he ain't no, not one word. But it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: I can't watch Lebron rap songs and I know the words for real. He knew yeah glow. He probably ain't say like certain words. That was good for him because he don't be knowing songs for.
Speaker 2: Man exactly.
Speaker 1: He knew more worse than the usual when he was singing yeah glow. I feel like I feel crazy.
Speaker 2: So when you when someone likes that someone of his caliber, like you said, he's universally known, sings your song. Obviously it brings attention. So what are those closest to you? Like Glow, you know, Broun he be liking you like that because he don't be. He don't be. He don't be rapping everybody's stuff. It's just the heavyweights Drake, k Kendred, Lamar and Glow.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I didn't know how they feel about that then, Like my brothers, my my whole family. They big on sports, like my dad and them, my brothers, and so we felt like a family trophy to me cause I'm like, cause they love it. She like they watched the shit all day and so all them was like, you got Lebrun singing your song and that felt that was like that made me happy because like I said, I grew up in a sports they little sports in my house. So I'm like, yeah, nigga Lebrun singing my song? What like, what's u ya?
Speaker 2: So they couldn't tell you nothing, huh.
Speaker 1: They could tell any ship like nobody could tell you. I got Lebrun co Lebrun, he does it, he does so and I got signing to me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you boy on you. I'm on y'all. I elf with you, I with you, feel me. Yeah. So let me ask you this. When people like myself that have platforms and other people that have platforms like mine and they're critical of your song, that's like, oh, she's not this, she's not that. Do you believe they sway public opinion to how they feel about you.
Speaker 1: You're talking about like when one person said like it make everybody else say the same shit. Yeah, yeah, I feel like this's a big thing. Like I feel like if social.
Speaker 2: Media didn't exist, just let's just say, Okay, me and Glow we having a conversation and it's two thousand and okay, we're nineteen ninety eight. It ain't no social media. Could you have blown up like you did?
Speaker 1: I mean, social media is like less than a curse exactly, Like social media helped out a lot. But at the same time, like people are very follow the leader saying, so it's like, if you want on social media, they can't see nobody talking about it. So they just heard it on the radio and it's just a song and it's not a bad song. Actually, Like some people will only not like a song because everybody else said it, and the song can be a good song. I didn't seen it in a lot of cases. So if you just hear a song on the radio and you don't got social media for to see nobody else talk about, you just don't like the song song just it's a good song. So yeah, I feel like people I follow the leader when it comes to serame sheep and.
Speaker 2: Then once especially if somebody if it can start traction, if it gets traction, then everybody else like that. Yeah that's some bullgi. You were just rocking the song just five minutes ago. Now I have some bullgi be cause you heard somebody that has a platform say that was exactly.
Speaker 1: And if that same person, another person with a bigger platform say they like it, Okay, we're gonna go with Tyne. We like it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 2: How was it meeting Lebron in person?
Speaker 1: He's so nice and cool, like I like, I never I ain't never in my life thought I was gonna be Lebron James like, but he's just so nice and cool and tall as hell, like I'm like, damn, Like on the picture I'm looking at him like this like damn. But he was just super cool. Like I was like in the highway wanting to seem and shit and I ain't even know he was coming. He just bust out yeah glow then walked up for me shit and he was telling me. He was like, I didn't even know he was out here or none of that. I was like, shit, I ain't know you're gonna supposed to be there to my song Hill, but I pulled up. You hear me. He's just a cool person. I suck with him. That's my favorite baseball player.
Speaker 2: So okay, favorite. Now give me your favorite, your five, your five favorite basketball players. We know Lebron is number.
Speaker 1: One right now, we're talking about right now all the time, all.
Speaker 2: Time, Give me all, give me all time. List.
Speaker 1: Kobe is the ether number one, Kobe number one, COVID number one, Lebron number two. Okay, I'm saying I was a big Derrick Rose fan.
Speaker 4: We he played for Memphis, Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I ain't gonna lie. I used to oh step carry step carry okay, And it was so crazy when I finish save with Dwight Howe. I used to love Dwight Howe for the magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe you you shots like Steph Curry because you shot one from the raft. Just talk the hey, who is right here? I don't even get I don't I don't even care because you can't whip me. So you what you said. I know what you said, but I can't say that. I can't say that glow. I mean, but you shot with a more Steph Curry shot.
Speaker 1: Did it go in to have court shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know at the end of the day, the day gonna end.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would leave it at that because he said no comment. You said, hey, at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the day, the end of the day, at the end of the day that day going in it went in.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, who's your go Who's your greatest basketball player?
Speaker 1: In glows mind, Koby, I would have said that, I'm a big Kobe fan.
Speaker 2: Why why do you like Kobe so much? What is it about Kobe?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know. I just liked I love Washington him playing when I was a kid growing up, right, I was a Lakers fan all the way until Kobe started playing for him. I'm a Lakers fan again though.
Speaker 2: Become Lebron there Yeah, okay, Bam said, hey, Bam, like he ain't get no picture with you at Dollstar game. You was at the All Star game? You like basketball like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite sports? Basketball? Or football? Football? Well, damn, you ain't show up at no football games.
Speaker 1: I went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Where are you at?
Speaker 1: He said? Where am at?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where were you at? Who sweet? Were you in? Uh?
Speaker 1: Live National Week?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay?
Speaker 1: IM was up third. I was actually two old boxing down from Taylor Swool.
Speaker 2: Really you should have went on Dinast said, hey, hey, Taylor, what's up? Got you a pitch? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was there. I love football like I bet it on that game like I had never been it on nothing in my damn. Yeah, I ain't got that money on you like?
Speaker 2: So you you like sports?
Speaker 1: I love football? Oh? Do you?
Speaker 2: Who is your favorite team?
Speaker 1: I'm a steal a slam.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all been on hard time lately.
Speaker 1: You know I got beat with you? Really?
Speaker 2: Why you got beat with me?
Speaker 1: Cause you know why? You know I don't get along? But you like that?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: Because you know where you play.
Speaker 2: For the Ras?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh you would do that thing, y'all, Like.
Speaker 1: That's my af be on my offs like I.
Speaker 2: Don't, but with you, Okay, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. You ain't did none I did. I took.
Speaker 2: I took a little step.
Speaker 1: This is juice. If you could take the whole shot, you could sweep you.
Speaker 2: But you ain't supposed to miss. Don't glow. The thrillering excitement of March Mania is here in DraftKings sports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners, don't forget. Draft King sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draftking sports Book app and use code Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draft King Sportsbook with Cold Shannon A crown is.
Speaker 5: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven to seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuing. See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Sulabanski is okay dating. We're the nice place a young man can take glow on the first date.
Speaker 1: You know what's so crazy? Like, I want to know where the hell up? Somebody pull take me because I don't like fans and restaurants. You don't the food be nasty. I went to I think that was Mastrostro Mastro Yeah. I hate my lowryes up in it be like no this she net like, hold on.
Speaker 2: You bring your seat, you bring your season in your purse.
Speaker 1: My seasons, I'll hit its own seat. I hit it in his own seats.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: One of the ways She's walked up to me and like, oh my god, who got Larry's I just looked you like, I'm from there. I didn't know there was a city or no. She like whatever she saw about the seasons how she said she's from real the seasons off from okay, And so I thought she was gonna tell me to take it out, but she was actually happy because that was her hometown. I was like, oh, yeah, my little date.
Speaker 2: So you so you like so a cheesecake factory you don't want to be I never ate ch you have a so what what's your what's your place?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What's a good place? Okay, you say you don't really care about the fancy stuff, so middle tier red lobster good? You have acing a red lobster?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ate the red lost.
Speaker 2: So you're a Memphis you gotta love barbecue.
Speaker 1: Right yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So uh what Like I don't eat a lot of barbecue now because I don't eat pore most barbecuous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I messed with Pope Pop.
Speaker 1: But it's like, see, I don't know, that's what I'm saying, Like that's why I don't go out, Like because no, I can't go to the regular places and shit because of who I am. But at the same time, I don't like them places like when I I first blew up, and god, he's always beat them fancy as restaurants. He's being some goddamn strawberry chicken and I'm like, what the fuck is you eating? Like? And that shit's so nasty. I can do the fancy restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay. So what about fifty fifty dating? Okay, so the man paid for the whole thing or you got half on it. You're running half on a date?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't running half now this we're talking about date? Like why would I split the bell with you? Why would I do this?
Speaker 2: Would you ever? Would you ever? Would you take him out? Okay? He's like, hey, hey, bro, I got you.
Speaker 1: If it's my man, if it's somebody I messed with, yeah yeah, it ain't no wrong with that. If it's a date and we still talk, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't feel bad. I'm I guess I'm old fashioned, cause he like every time for the when I go out, I got the bill, I got this.
Speaker 1: No, like if we cool, like if we like go together, Yeah, you know it's okay to sometime be like, Okay, you know, babe, it's my tree tonight, I'm gonna do it like it's okay to do that.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you this, Do you get concerned about guys trying to trap you? Cause guys always always wonder about you, know, specially once you become somebody, you always got to worry about the pitfalls or you know, a trying to are you. Do you worry about stuff like that? Do you do? Do Females that are like here like you are, do they worry about the same things like men worry that are here?
Speaker 1: How we can get trapiled? How can girls get tripped?
Speaker 2: Know how?
Speaker 1: I just I got a membership with.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I don't play like that.
Speaker 2: I don't play like that, Okay, am, I don't even know. I gotta I gotta, I gotta shake that one. I'm damn. You saw p s a talxic behavior. You say women in the twenty ship display talxic behavior and level up delusion? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Like I really like people. Just what I'm saying. People tell me what you seriously?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ain't no no jazz min Sullivan bull jib are you bust the windows I your car.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm pretty sure everybody that went through.
Speaker 2: Something through that glow.
Speaker 1: Everybody, No, I don't know you never got your windows, but out I have.
Speaker 2: But I'm just said, how did you. I ain't never done that to somebody saying.
Speaker 1: It's a female. A lot of females have been through that situation, like they have been too in love and they didn't got say hard.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's what y'all call that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't love me that feelings be hurt. You can't hurt no female feelings, like females feelings is stronger than men, like like safe answer, Like in the Cheane situation, if you go cheat, you ain't evenna fall in love with a bit a female go cheat. They really were not me, but regular females when they if they going to stand over you and they go out, Yeah, they really it's something about that nigga they like for real, you might not like to be you. Just niggas just do that. That's what y'all do.
Speaker 2: But ain't know what y'all. I don't know know y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all, But at the end of the day, that's what I'm saying, Like y'all, feelings don't be too deep into shit like their males, and so females de reacting out they feelings. Sometimes most females, I'm gonna say eighty percent of females have been through some shit like that. They destroyed your property because they feelings was hurt.
Speaker 2: You ever had your heartbroken one time?
Speaker 1: And that's why I am how I am today.
Speaker 2: I mean, damn, you ain't really give nobody else said a chance?
Speaker 1: Mm because everybody. I just feel like everybody like that, because at the end of everybody like what I got. I got six brothers, I got a lot of friends, I got best friends, I got cousins, and I see how dudes act right and like all of them got to like it's a common denominator, like they ain't shit.
Speaker 2: Come on, glow, come on now. I'm not gonna let you sit up here and do this. That's what it is. It ain't not ain't nothing. What it is though, it ain't not hell? Now that what about if you're talking about all females ate.
Speaker 1: That that's your opinion. You don't have been through something that made you feel.
Speaker 2: Like this, No, that's what that's hold on. You can't judge everybody about because you don't have a bad chapter in the book. The rest of the books might.
Speaker 1: Be to judge everybody about it.
Speaker 2: But it's like you ain't met the right one yet.
Speaker 1: There might be what it is, but it's just like my perception, like that one ship. Now that one thing can chine your perception on everything. Yeah, I had one time, guy had one time teach me a listen.
Speaker 2: That might have just like you know he was listening, he might not have been right for you at that moment.
Speaker 1: Everybody like y'all. It's something that keep saying y'all, okay, not you me Some about y'all that just don't click. Like in my head, I feel like every man don't cheat. I don't feel like it's a man that don't cheat on his earth. I unseen my heart feel like that.
Speaker 2: What about women? You think they cheat? They on the upper But for sure men, what you mean for shaw, it's some man out there that don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's a man out there probably that don't do that.
Speaker 2: You just ain't met him at huh.
Speaker 1: I ain't ran across nothing like that because everybody I know that's a male, well like my friends and like I said, my brothers, now my cousin. I see them do these shit. That's how I am how I am because I was raised mostly around dude.
Speaker 2: Right, So I just know how who you adopted that mentality, so you gotta due mentality is right now you need a lady lady out.
Speaker 1: But that's that's like escaping reality. Though.
Speaker 2: Oh my cud I read you had some famous cousin lul Uzi and Cart. Are they your real cousin or they do black people.
Speaker 1: Cousin using my cousin and Cart and my cousin.
Speaker 2: Real cousin of black people cousin because you know that's my cousin and we ain't really related.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day that they gonna end. Look it up. We got the same last night, me and Uzzi. What family tree? You gotta look up the family tree?
Speaker 2: I mean what I mean. I'm sure there's the white people out there that got sharp as the last name, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know we you know, I gotta look at the tiger woods too.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tiger Woods might be my cousin too.
Speaker 2: Ain't claiming people left it right?
Speaker 1: No? Because actually you want to tell your funny story. Now, when I was young, my Daddy used to tell me what was related to Tiger Woods, but he was just playing though. But we had the same last name, and so I really believed like Tiger Woods was related to me my whole life.
Speaker 2: Well, keep running with that story. So how did you feel when Cardi hopped on Tomorrow the remix?
Speaker 1: Uh, it was cool because Cardi. It was great. Actually, Cardi was like one of the female rappers that I loved before I blew up and so on, and they're looking to God to me on the crossed my legs like I'm.
Speaker 2: No, that ain't no no nothing out that little one shot that ain't do nothing, that ain't down, that ain't even do nothing to you. I could see if you had a couple of but you ain't had but one. It's that TP I know what it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Cardi on, like I said, they really tried to have it from me. Like, because I was in the studio one day and I was playing this other song and I was like, humm, heard Cardy on her and so I DM her because I didn't have a numby I DM to her. I was like, I got the song, I want your own, and she was like, oh girl, I already did I just did one of those songs. I'm like, when were and so she had sent me she had screen recorded and sending it sent it to me in a DM, like two different videos of her birth. I was like, and so, I like, my whole team was in the studio to day. I said, so, when would y'all go tell me card to.
Speaker 2: Did the song?
Speaker 1: And I was just so happy. I was so geeked because when I heard it, when she sent it to me, like, I was like, oh my god, this is so good. Right, So y'all was geeked aback there, And.
Speaker 2: As a token of your appreciation, you bought up Protect some band cleeve.
Speaker 1: So is it protect or Patty?
Speaker 2: It's pronounced protect okay. So, but but we say it the same reason we say maybox. I may it's my bo okay as you boy got it? You tell you how.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So, and so I mean you that type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: So you're a gift giver. Always have been oh no, oh you just got like there you got some bread. Huh, But yob, you'll sure before you got bread. You do little things like.
Speaker 1: See, I'm the type of person I'm not super thoughtful, So I'm learning how to be thoughtful now okay, but back in the day, like I didn't used to know what to give people for Christmas. Money this year, like I just cash up any better? Yeah, see that, you're gonna like some money at the end of the day. So here goes some money because I can't put too much thought. It's too many people to think about. I ain't a thoughtful of a person, but I'm learning how to do that. I got bettle with it.
Speaker 2: See that money. You can't go wrong with money for a gift. It's the right color and it always fit exactly.
Speaker 1: Good time, good time.
Speaker 2: But there was a pastor that was reciting one of your boys, your versus. You're like, hold on now, hold on, did you did you like read well like old let me go back, because this ain't no way this man man.
Speaker 1: You know actually something opastor and did it before when I first dropt for tomorrow, I think probably two passes head caught it there in nice service. And so when I saw that again and when he said, yeah, glow, that's what held me tripping. Okay, but I feel like it wasn't nothing wrong with it, Like he was relaying the message you was trying to relate. But you know, carsially, that's my song is pop right now. So he mixed it in, but he didn't say nothing bad, like.
Speaker 2: If it's gonna get the congregation to listen, and the follow Hello, your actual real name is Gloria Hollelujah Woods.
Speaker 1: My hell los.
Speaker 2: I was looking at it. I'm like, why she got I mean, you got big glow. I mean you iced to f out, you ice over her little little old sup right here.
Speaker 1: Nah, I got the star playing.
Speaker 2: I mean you got the ice.
Speaker 1: Out yep particular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, how did your parents come up with that name?
Speaker 1: So I got my grandma daddy's side name, not the middle Night, but she died before I was born, so I never met her, but that's her name. And you know, my mama never really explained to me where holly Lujah came from. She just I guess you were feeling blissed. And I was an eight child, She said, eight is a what kind of number is eight? Eight? Some type of number? And because all my sisters, my mom got ten kids, all the boys, well, okay, so the oldest three got their young daddy, right, and then the rest of the seven we got the same dads.
Speaker 2: And so all my dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom got ten kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean please tell me, like one of them like fifty and the other like they k't be dorstep.
Speaker 1: It's like that, you go from my youngest brother is twenty one and my oldest brother is thirty. Yeah yeah, but all they all my brothers, like they got the same middle name, and all my sisters got the same middle name. Like all my brothers got my dad in middle name, which is Carlmichael. All my sister's middle name. In the cold, I'm the only one who middle name is Sarly Lewis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you you different, you special heart. So you're that choldern whate you was that cholder one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what was it like growing up in a household with ten brothers and sisters?
Speaker 1: We used to be jacking? Yup, you know what Jackie mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we used to be jacking. That's what a lot of people in one hair is gonna do.
Speaker 2: Though, no, not necessarily close. Let you talk about that's like that's you get only God I got a brother and my sister.
Speaker 1: Just imagine, it was a lot of us. So we used to get on each other nerve right and pick on each other and fight, but we love each at the end of the day though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten brothers and sisters. So what was a typical day like for you? Cause I, okay, you homeschool until you what the fifth grade, right, and then one of I guess one of the older sisters called CPS and then CPS intervened and your mom had to enroll you guys in traditional school.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the sister that's right on top of me, she was like, it's always a problem child. Yeah, in every child group. And so yeah, we used to get whoopings, like like every child get woopings, but my sister didn't like get whooping so she used to call DCS on my mama and she was like they beat My mom used to beat on us and then we want learning nothing in homeschool and all this stuff, and so my mama had to put us in school after that. So like they it was like she was forced because she didn't want us. I think like my mama didn't want us to know, like like my mom is super sanct the fat and she always says certain stuff, this is of the world. She used to say. She didn't want us to be of the world, like she didn't want to expose us to all the outside world, and so she only place we went was home in church. We didn't go nowhere. And so yeah, by the time I got in school, I was ten, I was in fiefth grade.
Speaker 2: You was glad to go to school.
Speaker 1: I was happy to go to school because we stayed seven houses down from the school. And so every day after school, we seeing the kids come.
Speaker 2: Down, oh man in school, Yeah, looking like they.
Speaker 1: Got friends, like they having fun. And I used to like every time at two fifteen, I used to look out the window if the kids walking home from school, and they just used to be so happy having fun. So I used to want to go to school so bad. I was so happy when we finally had to go to school.
Speaker 2: Like, so, what was the relationship, like your relationship like with your mother? You said, ten kids. It's hard. It's hard to divvy up attention and affection for ten kids. Now that's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's just like, so I'm the third youngest, so I'm number eight out of ten kids. Yeah, but I never was treated like I was a young child. Like once my oldest sister was grown and left the house, my mama had me like the child that was next to her, Like I used to have to put all my mam and receiasts together so keep up with her money. I used to have to remember all her passwords to her stuff. So I never would treat it like My mama never handicapped me like she never I never was in a group with the young kids, so like she always had me by her, so like I was always more advanced than everybody, right, because she always had me like hers ceasing right.
Speaker 2: Help me understand your mom was like pagan?
Speaker 1: What's pagan?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: There's two forms. There's one that doesn't believe in religions, like they don't go to church, they don't go to mosque, they don't go to synagogues. And then there's one that believed that there are many gods.
Speaker 1: No, MoMA ain't one of them. My mama just believe in God.
Speaker 2: And she believed in God.
Speaker 1: And she don't believe in holidays like she don't believe in Christmas. She don't believe in Halloween, like we didn't celebrate a lot of holidays coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, does she believe like nature?
Speaker 1: Like isn't what it's like like.
Speaker 2: Polytheism, which is mini. So I'm trying to get a sense of like your mom, if you didn't go to you didn't go to church. You didn't go to Sena Goods. You went to church. Yeah, so you grew up in the church.
Speaker 1: I grew up in church.
Speaker 2: I'm confused what you conferged to that. Oh, there's that, there's that are you? There's there's that you? Okay, so you grew up in the church. That's a lot of people to hall the church. Y'all have a bus, but y'all have a little minibus.
Speaker 1: My daddy, Uh, I remember this white man. My dad always said that we had to ride because it was ten of us. And then when the oldest three got grown, we used to be in this like uh, kiss sodonna.
Speaker 2: That's still a lot of people. That's note, that's nine people like.
Speaker 1: We was also little like we all little like me. Yeah, all my daddy kids little like these. So we used to like church seats with each other. So we all matter of fact, my dad had an afford mercury and all seven of us used to feed in a one back seat. My mom was in the front seat, my dad was in the seven seven kids we used to all.
Speaker 2: She didn't got that much room.
Speaker 1: Now I saw the guy. I was a full mercury. I never it's a great four mercury. My daddy he had got and we all seven of us used to be in their back seat.
Speaker 2: Grew up in the church. Did you sleep? Were you in the choir? So you grew up in the church. And I read that Kurt Franklin and Donnie Mclerkin and some of those were like your favorite that's what you guys listened to, right, Yeah, So growing up in the church singing in the choir, did being a gospel singer ever across your mind?
Speaker 1: That's what I thought I was gonna be. Well, my mama used to make me feel like I was gonna be a big gospel singer because when we were young, I used to sing in the choir. And then like my mama was a CNA and so like she was always working. She always worked in nursing homes my whole life, and so she used to have us like every it'll be once a week we would have to go to the nursing homes and sing to the older people. Okay, and I used to get all the solos because I really could sing. And yeah, you think I was gonna be a gospel singer. And then I couldn't sing no more out of nowhere. I don't know. I think it was because I started smoking weed, but I don't know. I probably just never could sing, and I grew up and realized it. I don't know what it was. Back in the day, I could sing, and I just couldn't do it no more.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me this. When the church three times a week and you're a member of the worship team, what's the what's the worship team? I understand, like a dance team or you know, so what's the worship team in church?
Speaker 1: I said worship team before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what was your role? What was your role other than in the choir? What was what was your role.
Speaker 1: In church?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well you an usher?
Speaker 1: Now, my mama was a usher. I ain't do nothing, but I was on the dance team in church urgical. It was called of turgical. It's called of turgical dancing in church. You know when the girls had on the lone white dresses, they become it all the way up and they just be doing a little dancing. I used to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before I had left.
Speaker 1: I was that's always been in church though, No, not like that.
Speaker 2: Not like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like gospel. It's like it's called liturgical dancer.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you a question. You said your mom didn't believe it like Christmas and Thanksgiving and no Thanksgiving. We did Thanksgiving?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 7: Okay, So no Christmas, no Christmas, no Easter, no Easter, no no Valentine, no Valentine, Halloween, no Halloween, Saint Patrick's Day. I mean, she never cared about the holiday, like is that it holiday?
Speaker 1: A better really be carying about they be getting told up because they be pinching you. We got on grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not that it's a big Irish holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like it's not. None of you just celebrate like how Christmas and Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: So how were you when you got your first gift? Because if you didn't celebrate, what are my birthdays?
Speaker 1: Birthdays?
Speaker 2: So you got gifts for birthdays?
Speaker 1: It was really basically it was Christmas and Easter because my mama said that those are pagan holidays. So she was like Christmas is it's somewhere in the babble, like my mama knows about from the top to bottom. If somewhere in there where Christmas, like Jesus, I'm born on December twenty field is made up and it's something the people just made up to talk about Jesus and Resurrection Day just not the day he got rolls on in real life. But it's just something. Those holidays are man made, okay, and it's some it's against the battle against it somehow somewhere it's Peggan holidays.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we can't celebrate thing.
Speaker 2: So help me understand this. How did your mom dad eat ten kids? They got to have some good jobs because you know, kids eat a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, we used to get food stamps, you know the food Sam's good.
Speaker 2: You got ten kids, so they didn't have Did they have the car? Did y'all have the books? Sixty five dollars books? You know, they had books backing.
Speaker 1: By the time I knew what food stamps was, we was using the car. But before then, like it's something called the commodity that has that was in Memphis, I don't know, I think it was in North Memphilds something like that. It was a commodity the house though, and they used to go and get like these blocks of cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you were They make the best.
Speaker 1: Sad what they make rice and cheese with the jumps easy.
Speaker 2: But you had to get up on that fail yeah, and it breaks off. It never came off exactly. So they used to get like that.
Speaker 1: And I just remember always going to the Commodity Has, like a similar stuff like that, like all the broceers we got from there. And I really don't know because I stayed in the same hass room when I was born until I was fifteen years old, I stayed in the same has.
Speaker 2: How many people slept in the bed? How many sisters do how many people slept in the bed because.
Speaker 1: It's all four wards slept Okay. I never had a real bed in my whole life until okay, so from when I was born I was fifteen, I had never slept in a real bed like we. I thought everybody slept on air messages. I never knew people had real beds. So like when growing up, it was a lot of us. The girls had one room, the boys had one room. Well, my two oldest brothers they used to sleep in like the attic upstairs, damn, so they had their own room. It want the attic. It was like a rumor cross from the attic but and so the boys had one room and the girls had one room, and we all slept on one queen's size air mattress, and y'all was like that my whole life, and I never knew, Like, I used to think my MoMA was being mean to us because she used to let people come over our has and stuff, because you know, I grew up we had reds and roasters, and and I'd used to be like when I used to go to school and the kids be talking about, yeah, we gonna go, oh, what's name house or what's name house? I used to be like, damgn, can't nobody come over my hasse? But I just thought my mom was being mean the whole time. I would have been embarrassed because they would have been like, you don't got no bad ye sleep on air mattress.
Speaker 2: Your back should be messed up sleeping on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we used to sleep on floores too, like cause you know, one little thing can put a hole in the airth mattress. And like my daddy used to always go get the patches for the air mattress and you bleue it on her and patch the hold up on the earth mattress and until they got the money to go get buy the passages. We'll sleep on the floor until the air mattress to get back patched up. And when I turned fifteen, I moved to my daddy and my dadd was staying in the hotel and that was the first bed I it was still being in my whole life.
Speaker 2: So was your mom strict?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 1: She was super strict, Like we used to have to sneak out the hast because she ain't let us. She my mama, she didn't want us exposed to the world. Right, but when we got in school, we was automatically exposed to the world.
Speaker 2: Like we around all these Yeah they're doing sneakish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so as kids, you want to do what other kids doing, right, Yeah, we'd sneak out the past.
Speaker 2: It's either sneak out cod you got ten it's hard to keep out on all ten of them.
Speaker 1: Well, by the time I started sneaking out the cast, the oldestreet was gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's still selling. That's a lot to keep out.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, we used to be like sneaking out and my mom used to go to work overnight, like living in seven right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you went you grew up in the church. So when did you, like, did you ever was there ever time that you like, do you still go to church?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't go to church now, So how were you when you kind of like stopped going? I mean because I read that you went like three four times a week and then probably went down to like one to two times a week and then probably no times a week.
Speaker 1: You'll probably like when I turned like thirty, seen, I had we had stopped going to church. It was a weed or you the whole If my mama went to church, I was going to church.
Speaker 2: Okay, while she stopped, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess because we used to change church churches a lot, and so I don't know. I guess you she wanted with the church nomost right, but she she will still have baptister with us at home, right. But yeah, we had stoped. I stopped going to church at like twelve or thirteen. Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got a job. You're working at checkers, right, So what was that experience? So, so what made you decide to get a job. You're like, you know what, I need me some money. I'm tired of this, you know, waiting on my parents to hand me some money. I'm gonna go get me a job at Checkers. Watch Checkers, because like I used to clearly, you ain't eat none of them burgers.
Speaker 1: I used to eat them all the time til I got tied on. When you work somewhere, you start hating the food because you eat it every day. But it was just like I was in eleven grade. Well it was the summer after eleventh grade, so right before I got into my senior year there, somebody here got a job and I was just tired of not being able to because I never had no Jay's or nothing in school. I'm like, I'm child of not being able to word the shoes, like I got a really ug glass shoes, and my dad about me because my dad ain't just gat it like this to buy Jay's for seven kids or like five kids, Like could Jay's be high?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so like I'm like, damn, okay, I'm just gonna go man my own money and shit. And so the summer before before my last year in high school, I had started working there, and I worked there my whole twelfth grade. Y'ar in like two years after that, right, Uh, but you was on the internet.
Speaker 2: I what you mean you thought you were at working. I mean you was at work, but you on the internet.
Speaker 1: Because you get slow. You know, fast food restaurants good. And I had on costs something to get on my phone.
Speaker 2: How you how you at work and on your phone?
Speaker 1: It's easy to do that. I don't.
Speaker 2: It's so so what did your supervisor say? What did the manager say?
Speaker 1: They used to be on their phone too? Thank you to me, I'm like my own tools.
Speaker 2: So is there any of what other jobs you had? You worked at Checkers? So what any other fast food restaurants you worked at? Any of the jobs that you had before you blew up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't gonna I used to work a lot because like I didn't, I didn't know what I wanted to be, Like, I ain't never want to sell no clothes or nothing like this. So I just had to work jobs because like I tried to, I tried to, like see a weed before, but it ain't work out.
Speaker 2: Why it didn't work out? What somebody in the jack you took your wied?
Speaker 1: No, it was just like you want no money?
Speaker 2: What you mean ain't no money?
Speaker 1: I just feel like if you ain't got pounds or weed to say, he ain't no money like I used to, like I was starting little, like I used to see Nickel died. Yeah, like I used to work in Nike, like Nika was my first job after Chickens Mabe and so I used to be there, like you know, everybody want weed, don't break And my brother used to have weed. But my brother ain't used to have no pounds. So I may work trying to sell the shit. Shit just ain't no money because at the end of the day, I gotta go bat it, spend it the same money and bad again. So I'm like, what money coming at this? I'm just doing the legal shit for I reason.
Speaker 2: So I just stopped. I like, are you supposed to break it down? You know what I'm saying. If you buy it for this, you got to sell it for that to make money.
Speaker 1: Noah, Cause it's like then the weed off said it want just the best weed. You Memphis don't be having good weeds, oh okay, yeah, And so like indeed Memphis people cheap, like at one point it was twenty dollars for a ground and then it's just like out of nowhere, grounds was ten dollars. Yeah, and so like everybody like I ain't paying no ten dollars on a ground?
Speaker 2: What you on?
Speaker 1: Fifteen? On? You texting this too? Extra five dollars? So I just said this ain't for what I do. I said, fuck this shit. So I just I just worked jobs my whole life, right, And then yeah, I can't say the other shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know you you because you already told me you was on some Jack Moved stuff. Yeah you said that. DOT think I forgot what you said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it was like I had stopped working two years before I blew up, because it was at one point in Memphis I had got known because me and my friends we had I had been rapping. I wasn't just known like that, but they just knew me a tabby like maybe a friend of people. Me and my friends all made the song. Then when it got big in Memphis, so it was like everybody knew us in Memphis, like we was Memphis now. And so I ain't want to just go to work no more and people see me like, I don't want y'all to like have access to me. And I used to kind of be in too with people all the time too, and so like, yeah, you at work, you can't do nothing to nobody. You see them at work. They don't know what I'm saying. So like I ain't want to work no more. I'm like, uh uh, because I had got to a point where I used to be in too people. I'm like, you mind you at work, motherfucker cos there while y'all getting off, Like hold on.
Speaker 2: So you get into it, you so wether it people would that work with you or people that would come into the store.
Speaker 1: No, I worked after that one job. I never worked at a job like that again. I was always Memphis got a lot of like we're has like that's big in Memphis. Like everybody work at tim Services and we'rehouse jobs. And I had a lot of warehouse jobs and I work in there and you know you bound to see anybody in her because everybody worked there, like Amazon, Nike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's them jobs.
Speaker 1: Big in Memphis. And so yeah, I just I used to be in two people and shitting.
Speaker 2: And so why you got into it with people?
Speaker 1: Don't glow because bu just behave.
Speaker 2: No you gotta do they hate? What did you ever hate?
Speaker 1: I ain't never hated it on nobody for real.
Speaker 2: I tell people a lot of times as a kid growing up, work a lot of jobs because it'll let you know what you don't want to do when you get older. Exactly, you had a lot of jobs. You worked in fast food, you worked at selling sneakers, you worked in warehouses. When did the buck? When did you like? And you said you had you and your your friends you have you know you wrapped it was big and memphers. So when did the rap bug bite you and you say it's okay? I found my calling.
Speaker 1: I started rapping right when the year after I got out of high school. I was playing with it in high school and when people was telling me I should take it serious. The whole time I was working I was rapping. I was just like I was basically going to work to fund my rap career. Right, I gotta go to work. Let me see I'm make You know, we get paid a week. So when I was working at work, it has it was like ten dollars a hours. My cheek probably four hundreds on them every week A right, I could put two hundred. The videos are cheap, I could put two hundreds half with the video. I ain't have no bills. I was still stay on my daddy, right, so I was just putting all my money into making videos. You know what I'm saying. Of course, when I first saw my videos, weren't doing nothing, but I was still doing them, like right, constantly going up. So basically, yeah, when I worked, I was paying bills once I started leaving on my own and just funding my wrap card.
Speaker 2: Right, So the message to go back when you were at checkers, did you have any did you ever get into it with the customers? You had any crazy customers? Store? Hold on, you ain't throwing no drinks or nobody.
Speaker 1: You never did nothing like that. I used to talk if they talked, she to me, I'm gonna talk to you back.
Speaker 2: I mean okay, they say, okay, what if you got the order on? What if it's your fault?
Speaker 1: I ain't. Never used to do that. I was like a vet, like I could probably if I was to go to a fast food restaurant, a restaurant and works through today, I would have a down packed like. I knew the men you like without having to click the screen. I knew the mean you. I knew how much to tell them, like if they come and say I want a number saving spikes the chicken saund all right, seven thirty one. The price it was back then, right, seven thirty one. Oh add the sweet tea. It's like a dollar and ten cent. I ed it up in my head and before I even go ring it up, I knew it, like I never missed nohe ugh because I just I worked there for like three four years and I and.
Speaker 2: You knew all the prices instuff back of your hand. Yeah, but you didn't like the fact that somebody come in there and get smart with you. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they just used to be kind of slow like people. You will never appreciate fast food workers until you then worked in the fast roof fast food restaurants because it's take a lot of patience to work there because people come there.
Speaker 2: Oh then like you on a town Oh yeah, yeah, okay. You you hate when they like look at the menu while you back behind two or three people and don't wait till you get up there and talk about uh let me get a number four? Yeah, like no pickle, no onion? Uh uh your rings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like as a cash shirt, you got a time like you cain't like once the time go up too high, you're gonna get in trouble, like because it's like probably was twelve fifteen check or restaurants and mentors. Yeah, and you know we used to rank off which one hit the best time the most call. So there's a cashier, we got to move the carse like we on the town. And so when they get back their acting slow. So what come on the hamburger? Bitch? Do you about burger? Right there?
Speaker 2: Look, you don't think that's a little aggressive, but in my head.
Speaker 1: That's like used to be thinking. And so like they'll just get back there taking our day. You know. Sometimes there's a casheer would be like okay, anything else, and they'll take that defensive like hold on, let me let me look, And so they'll just get to talk and she then talking smartest and that's what you are. Yeah. Or they'll say something like I got this creepoint and it's too old, like they should have say twenty seventeen and it's twenty nineteen. Bitch, you can't use tea and they get something. Let me talk to your manager, I'm saying. She gonna tell you the same thing. And they'll just catch attitudes, bitch, I'll catch you outside of works like what people in drive thoos be talking crazy. That's why I said I never worked a little fast food job after them, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now you start to struggle. You got your car repossessed, you're sleeping on your friend's couch, and they about to get a victor or they got evicted. So now what's the lowest point that you say, damn, I got to make something happen.
Speaker 1: It's all crazy. I was probably my lowest right before I blew up, Like right before I blew up, like the I'm gonna say the seven months before I blew up, I was at my lowest. So I always was at all my friends. I always had my own apartment, I always had my own car, and it was just like I'm say one was a bad year once like after my birthday, and it was it was just like everything went down heel and shit. But the whole time, I'm still having faith. I'm like, okay, like I was, I have zero dollars. My manager he's he's still with me, he nin' mark, and so like I have zero dollars, I'd be like, I ain't gonna lit the mark. Let me like, let me borrow four hundred dollars real week. So I shoot this video and our problems. When I blew up, I got you like I used to I got text message on my phone and I used to always tell him me and like I just have nothing and still want to go shoot the video or want to go to the studio. Shit. And so yeah, he had got to a point. I had never stayed with one of my friends. I always had my own sit and so that was like a prid thing because I never hit to ask nobody with them. And so I started staying with my friend Gloss right she was going through she at the same time. She was pregnant with her sickond baby at this time, so like she going through shit too, she gotta go stay with another motherfuck And so I'm like, damn, where the pook I'm fin to go. So it was at a point I was like I could have stayed with my mama, but I didn't want to stay with my mom. You've grown now, you like I like my mama wanted them like she's still streaked, like how it was when I was sitting. Yeah, yeah, you come in my hasse pats eleven o'clock. I can't stay with you because I know I'm coming your hosepet. So I couldn't stayed with my mom and my daddy my daddy just had like a swamp pass at the time, like it's just somewhere you don't want to live, right, it's a girl anyway, And so like it was at a time like I just be out all day because I didn't have nowhere to go, Like I just go to everybody house because I don't got nowhere to go. And then after I just swallowed my pride and I just started living with my friend Tee because I just never used to want to ask nobody to stay with them, because I always was the one everybody came to to asks for she. So imagine you always asks me for she. Then I just got to come back and ask you. He just beat my like my pride. Yeah, and then it was just right after that I had blue throat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you got your car repossessed, and yeah, why didn't you give up? Because there there are times that I mean, I'm probably sure that you felt like you're like, damn, I ain't got no really no place to stay out of lost my car, I ain't got no money in my account. Yeah, what kept you going?
Speaker 1: Because my music could still be going viral on like like when I post my music, it is still be doing good and people you're making money off that. I won't making money.
Speaker 2: So what the hell virus got to do it? They got no money pocket?
Speaker 1: I was like, he's against somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, they knowing me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm not making no money like I was. I'll pay to go get on the show. Like if somebody find to come to the city, like a big artist or an artist is kind of good, I'll pay to get on the show to perform.
Speaker 2: You paying them to get on DJ? Yeah, is that normal?
Speaker 1: Well, if you upcoming artists and you want to be known, like you gotta pay it for this shit, Like you ain't just gonna don't nobody know who you is. Ain't nobody just gonna pay you to get on no show. They don't know who you is? Right, So like, yeah, you got is an upcom artist. You gotta pay to do this shit like and so yeah, my car had got repexisted like probably two weeks. I had made the song fnl il ready right, and I hadn't paid my like call in like three months. I was like, fuck this shit and so on?
Speaker 2: So how you hired it out because you know they coming to get it three months they coming to get it.
Speaker 1: I used to park behind my friend car.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so they they couldn't get how.
Speaker 1: They couldn't eat it. I used to park it behind my friend car. But you know what it was that whole time though, I had just like the twenty twenty one year was the year I had that one heartbreak I told you about. I was going through it at the same time, so it was like everything was downhill that year and so on. But my Mrmusic, my music were doing good, but I wasn't getting paid off food, so we didin't lie like my Maory's doing good. I still got no money. So I had went on this. I said, Okay, I'm going to see today past because some gotta change. Me and my friend my sister tease when twenty twenty two kinds we had said. We sat down, we was in her living room, and we were like, some gotta change this year, Like we gotta do something different that we've been doing for all these other years. And so we were like, all right, we got a no niggas, no liquor, we ain't going out.
Speaker 2: None of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we were like, we're gonna do this and then see what their hip out like because we constantly like in the same predictament. It's something that gotta change to stop the repetities. So I stopped talking to all the niggas and shit, I stopped the little I stopped drinking because I had got on this shit real bad. Like I got on this shit real bad, and like I had just I was on the too bad and I won't going out. And then we had started doing it. We ain't have no being to doing to get some money. Irry, I blew up right after this though, so like that sixty days we had started in March, so like we got the rest of the bulls shit out of our season for the rest of the Jeni year figures. March came around, we said, all right, so I made the first something shit needs to be in a change. My my friend caught her job because she was working as a security guard and liking and she had That's when I blew up after them sixty days because I made the song April twenty first, and the song came out April twenty ninth, which means by made the first that was the seat today.
Speaker 2: The song blew up? How did it blow up so big? Did somebody big repost it. I mean, how did it get traction and just take off like it did?
Speaker 1: So I used to make trillers out of time, so like that's what Upcoll my artists do from Memphis for show. We do a song then like make a triller to it, like a kind of like a tea top, and I posted it and it just would start going up like people like we liked the song, and I had songs before that they did there too, Like that's why I said, like the whole the whole year, my attraction was building slowly in the city and surround the areas. And so the first person they had reposted the song was damn, who's the first person? Shit? Oh damn. I couldn't even know. It was a DJ why I can't think of her name right now, I'm off. The tailor for it was a DJ French Mon Channel DJ what's her name? What's French Mon channel? DJ nine, the girl Duffy DJ Duffey. Okay, I couldn't think of it because I'm about djud for the first one. They made a video to it, and then everybody else he just started going crazy everywhere and they blew up.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you see Cardi b Sweetie Lotto. They coat sat there like, okay you that? So how did that make you feel? When artists that's already on and everybody knows who they are give you the hall pass and say you you next?
Speaker 1: It feel a super good because these people I listened to and like, I watched Cardhole come up, like when she first blew up, I went back and watched Home on Love and hib hop and listened to her all music and shit, and I just I liked her story. And so it says, you know, once you want the's people you watch say something good about you, it just make you feel good. Damn. I okay, I like you. I look up to you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you know, sometimes it's hard for women to support other women. Sometimes it's hard for black to support other blacks. Why is that? I mean cause, I mean they make it seem like if I support you, if I say something good about you, that's gonna impact my money, Like they ain't enough money out there. I mean, once I saw the pandemic and I saw American the government start printing money, I was like, man, I'm good, They'll never run out of money, so I ain't well, I've never interfere with anybody else trying to make their paper. But I mean, I ain't never been like that. Why why is it like that? Why do why is it so hard for women to support other women in our community, to support our own community.
Speaker 1: I just feel like women are naturally competitive.
Speaker 2: Shit, we all competitive women.
Speaker 1: I think we like more competitive. Really, yeah, I don't think it'd be like such a hate thing. I just feel like, you know, women are competitive.
Speaker 2: Uh, now, mention you? I mean you, I mean you got them, you got them heavyweights, saying they glow that in you know I Bragg difference.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 2: So it's a Memphis thing.
Speaker 1: Huh yep.
Speaker 2: So so how did you get did labels start reaching out when they so? How did how did this now all of a sudden, how did glow realer tie sid?
Speaker 1: So after my song was going viral or all the labels was calling me like I had a label me when they're almost every label this a label. So it was like I was in calls back to back to back. I was going to label me, not the label mean, not the label mean. When she when I had finally went with my decision and she, you know, in the midst of that, everybody was like seeing me blow up and everybody was just showing little what was it about?
Speaker 2: Got It?
Speaker 1: It was so crazy. I'd be telling I'll be telling them this like I actually was scared to me we got it, like cause it's really every Memphis person dream is to like, well upcoming rapper, they want to sign a god like got It. CMG like the biggest label in Memphis, and so I was just going to all the label means, you know, I didn't feel like no, no one really believed in me, like they was thinking. I was a moment like when I was talking to everybody, like they was coming off is. I was a moment like they'll be like, Okay, let's hear your other music, and they just wanted I was playing tomorrow, I playing every song, you know what I'm saying for them, and they just they worried about FNL and FNL was like the producer song at the time, and so like it's like they couldn't do nothing off their song. And so when I talked to god It, he was like, I don't even want to talk about I want to hear of other music. What else you got? Like I don't even that's cool, that's big. Yeah, but let me hear what else you got? Nobody here, nobody to mean, was just too much current about it, like they was everybody focus was this song because they saw how fast it was moving up. And yeah, then like a lot of them like they weren't really they off it was on tonge by nothing And like I said, I could just tell I would have just been moved to the side if it was up to them. But yeah, when I talk to God, he just it's like he just had bigger, a bigger vision.
Speaker 2: So you're on a yacht. Now you get with God and you're on the private jet. You signed the contract at that moment? What's going through your mind?
Speaker 1: So I had sound got it before that? Okay, Yeah, And so when I had first sign this ship, like ain't gonna I was having it, spoke like I don't wanna tell nobody because I know my friend's gonna be too excited and go telling it about it, right, But you know, I got my sister. I tell my sister head thing tees and she we was just talking about it. And he's a big ass fan of guy like teasers, like a gotty fan. So like we were just talking about it, and like I was talking to her about all the politics. I was talking to her manager about it, and I was just excited about it. Like I don't know, I don't know if I showed him I was excited about it.
Speaker 2: What I was just you trying to hold it in. You didn't want to see twist.
Speaker 1: I was too excited about it, and she is so edything just ended up being anything.
Speaker 2: So when you got to check, what was one of the first things you bought.
Speaker 1: I had got my teeth done. Oh yeah, I had some choppers in my mouth. Uh huh, I had some chop. My real teeth is like baby shark. So I got my nerves. Oh you have some shark te baby shark.
Speaker 2: Oh bad. Oh you got to look at that. Look at that. The parent of white guy. Well did you always coume like I always remember, Like when I was growing up, always said, if I ever got some money, the first thing I'm doing, I'm going to the dentist. I'm gonna get these things because I mean, I'm in people face too much.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Like, well, your teeth is a big party.
Speaker 2: You're never gonna call me cabin the creek. Ah No, So I mean I'm talking about I talk about people, and you know how you go talk about people and you got a ragging the mouth because that's the you talking. People see your mouth. So I gotta get that.
Speaker 1: Like your teeth is like probably the biggest part of your parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's smile. And you know our people smile some time of the club. I already know you smile smiling. Starting.
Speaker 1: I used to like talk with my mouth clothes like I still kind of I'm I'm just now getting out of it because I got pretty teeth now. But like I used to talk about mouth clothes like I used to be like hell, like I don't want people to see my teeth.
Speaker 2: So what is it like? So obviously he got your money bag yo, eesg forty two?
Speaker 1: So what is it? What?
Speaker 2: What's so special? What is it about Gotti that you like? You? Oh, you made the right decision. But what is it about him?
Speaker 1: What you mean about me? Sign? No?
Speaker 2: You know what makes him special?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I got it like he like he from Memphis, so he gets you know, yeah, he get it, you hear me? And so like, I don't feel like if I would have just like signed to other people, they are like understand like where I be coming from a lot, like even in the studio, gotta be understanding me and where I be coming from, like cause you know, people be failing to understand me a lot of times. Right, you know what I'm saying. And so he's smart, he's super smart.
Speaker 2: He is. And then right you go hard? Though, does they ever say, hey, you got to pull back on this now? Like what you mean you go hard?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 2: You know might be I mean look at your songs that you got F and L and the way you and the way you go about it. I mean there's something about there's something about Memphis.
Speaker 1: You're talking about go hard, Like what type of you you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Like a good thing or good thing? It's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Always hear me. I'll be hard.
Speaker 2: Here's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I thought you saying, like, like go hard, like going do ham doing some she ain't got no beating.
Speaker 2: No no no no no no no no no. But I mean obviously, I mean what you're doing is working. Yeah, So I mean, why why would you train what's working?
Speaker 1: That's why I said, he knows me if it's sound. So that's why that's another reason I was glad I'm glad that I work with him because he know the sound right, and so I'll he'd be like, like, when I make a song, a song can be this way. Got it gonna go change like the whole sequence of the shep and make it the song? Did it ill?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: She like?
Speaker 1: He'd be like really, he'd be really producing and she so.
Speaker 2: Did you get it? Okay, you got your te done. You ain't gonna get a wheel I had.
Speaker 1: Got a wheeled last year because I'm not a driver.
Speaker 2: You can't drive.
Speaker 1: I got kind of lifessele. I got my life when I was eighteen. But I just don't like driving.
Speaker 2: So you like you like being driven exactly, so you're hoping the passage. You seet like it ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: I hop in a bag seat like it ain't. She I hopping the trunk for all the drivers, Like I hate driving?
Speaker 2: Like, why you got a car? You ain't gonna do driving.
Speaker 1: I ain't finna be calling hubers all day this shit haph but you ain't driving, So why you capt because somebody else? My brother gonna drive from me and the cars be hurt.
Speaker 2: Boy, she is to be cute, huh. So you get a car based on the cuteness of it. You ain't behind the wheel, so they don't know.
Speaker 1: I do be behind the wheel sometimes though, cause I don't be having people to drive me sometimes, and I'll be behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: Did you did when you came into it and you got some money? Did it? Was it a situation where people all of a sudden come out to wood work for a low break it? Break break your girl, I'll break your boy off.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was bad. But I shipshit down quick, like people know, like I'm people less option now that come ask me. See, don't come asking me for shit just because you know I get it, like and I make sure people know that like my mom and my daddy they sit straight everybody else because I fuck with people anyway, like I randomly just you need these I just fuckle people anyway. So just because you know I got it, because at the end of the day, I got bills pay too. I don't only pay my bills, I pay the bill too. So right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So even though not to come to me asking me, if you do, realize once you say no, it gets easier to say though.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And like I said, I'm blunt even when I do it, like if it's like down, if it's crunch time and they come to me, I ain't never gonna leave them behind and dry.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna get that fifteen hour speech about it while you bushing and why you gotta get your shit together. I'm I'm gonna lay this whole she's down. Let me tell you something. You doing this and that's why you're sucking up because you shouldn't have to ask me for this when you got this nigga right here, Like I'm gonna give a whole speech about it.
Speaker 2: Oh you you you putting on blast, Like I'm gonna give a.
Speaker 1: Whole speech about it. But I'm gonna help you. But if I feel like you like Bush and I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You you.
Speaker 2: You I meant you mentioned that you a DM Cardi B and you DM Beyonce. I mean you were you nervous when you dim celebs.
Speaker 1: I'm not nervous about them and Beyonce because I be talking to myself Beyonce DM. I don't even think she'd be on Instagram for real. But I'm just like a big Beyonce fan, so like, yeah, I'm just losionbout Beyonce, But no, when I DMN Cardi B she had already d on me first and was like telling me she proud of me and stuff like that when I hear personally work.
Speaker 2: So, how did that make you feel? Like?
Speaker 1: I feel good? Because I love Cardis right?
Speaker 2: You kind of remind me of Cardy with the y'all swag, y'all swag similar Oh we hood bitches. If you could collab with anybody, give me like five people. You like to collab with?
Speaker 1: Five people? Did I want to collab with that? Heaven? Collab with? Okay, number one Beyonce? Okay, number two would be mmmm uh hold on everything she is? Okay, we got Beyonce, Drake and Luaye. I love him.
Speaker 2: You got them heavyweights. You got them heavyhelders.
Speaker 1: And key Okay yeah.
Speaker 2: What what is it about their sound? What is it about them? Take take the name recognition of side, put that to the side. We know who and what they represent? What is it about their style?
Speaker 1: I like that all of them as artists, like Beyonce. I grew up on Beyonce. She forever gonna be my favorite artists of all time. Lwayne and Drake, they just like lyrical beasts. I love they swagging, they approach to to songs and how they come on the beats and ship. She keep just with junk and turned like he was the first young turnt rapper I ever knew about. Like he was just well, he want the first that I knew about. But I just loved he swagged with it like he didn't give a fuck, Like he made being h grunchy, a grunchy ass nigga from the hood that didn't give a fuck cool. You know what I'm saying. He started a whole way and uh he was just like I said, he was turning and give a fuck? Who else? I say, firtu firnture just to go, So.
Speaker 2: Give give it, I'll tell you. Okay, give me give me my rush Moore, you only get four give me my rushmore rappers. You can go back far you want to go, or you can go right now. Give me your four best rappers of all time.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I'm only twenty four, So like I can't say rappers the wire before me because I don't know they music. So i'ma say lo Wayne. I feel like low Wayne one of the best rappers in the whole world. About rappers. Yeah, okay, rappers Lea Lwayne.
Speaker 2: Drake, you're going Drake or you just said that under your breath, because I mean you decided convinced. I mean you you blurted out wheezy.
Speaker 1: Let me let me make sure hold on low Wayne cheek key, because you know, I'm trying to make sure this is the right line up. So you who I think the best? Because my favorite I don't think the best.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay, that we're going the best.
Speaker 1: We're going, we're going the best, not my favorite.
Speaker 2: We go on Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're going who I think the best and not my favorite? Like, yeah, okay, I'm gonna say Lee, Wayne Drake, eminem and JC.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn you got some heavyweights on them. Yeah, y'all. Sanna ask you this, Before you got your rapping voice, what was your voice? Like? Like, what you mean before my you have a heavy voice?
Speaker 1: What do you I always feel like I heard a heavy voice that was squeaky at the same time. Yeah, like I ain't never just had no soft girls sounding voice you have. When I first started rapping, I try to make myself sound like a girl because I always feel like I hear a deeper voice.
Speaker 2: High social media on a woman.
Speaker 1: They be hard on this social media to be way odd on females than men.
Speaker 2: You think so.
Speaker 1: Because a nigga can be ugly as hell, but if he bumping, they don't give a fuck. Oh my god, we love you. If if they don't like it, uh certain part of your body, they think you're too skinny, they think of your feet too big, anything. They just gonna talk about you all the time, like they were like, Oh, you're female, You're supposed to be perfect. Like down, look down hold men to the being perfect? Down? Did they hold women to this? So?
Speaker 2: How does that impact you? The body shaming to talk about your feet big or you're skinny? You this?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: That does that impact you? That that make you feel a certain type of way about yourself?
Speaker 1: It don't make me feel a certain type of waight Like whatever I think about myself is what I think about myself. Like if I think I'm too skinny, I'm gonna go to the gym and games. A wait if I think that not because they see the though whatever I do is because what my thought came is never when nobody will see if I whatever I do is something I want to do. It's never nothing nobody else made me do.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's what's up. So let me ask you this. You're twenty four, you're twenty four, right, go back. What would twenty four year old Glow tell eighteen year old Glow?
Speaker 1: I would tell myself to keep the focus right, to keep going, and to put in the work right.
Speaker 2: How have been a star? Being who you are right now? How that changed you?
Speaker 1: You know? You just made me look at a lot of shit from certain different perspectives. You know what I'm saying, from a high perspective and shit, But I Nene grew and the matured a lot from it, you know, and being able to see different shit. Because before I blew up, I didn't see a lot of sheep. Now I'm able to see different shit, So I the matured a lot. I Nene learned a lot of most sheep.
Speaker 2: If I sit down with you, say five years from today, let's do it on your thirty you're thirty, what you're gonna be able to tell me what's your music career gonna look like at thirty? How different will it be from twenty four?
Speaker 1: Uh? I might not talk about the exact same ship.
Speaker 6: But I'm still be there, bitch, little rella. Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for Jordan, Thank you.
Speaker 3: All my life, grinding, all my life, sacrifice, hustle pay the price. Wanta slice got to brow the dice, the swap all my life. I'd be grinding all my life. Yeah, all my life, grinding, all my.
Speaker 1: Life, sacrifice, hustle, pay the price. One slice, got to brow the dice, the swap all my life.
Speaker 3: I've been grinding all my life.